IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7907 3 years ago

What to do here, seems a bit odd to have two sides that have “Truck this Side Only”. Are others’ boxes like this?

5C55C11D-04EC-48E7-B4AB-4E672EA630F4 (resized).jpeg5C55C11D-04EC-48E7-B4AB-4E672EA630F4 (resized).jpeg

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just trucked mine a few days ago on the right side for your photo. You can always peak inside to double check.

But can it be trucked from either side? Why would JJP ship boxes like this otherwise?

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s the side with the blue tilt indicator .

So what would happen if someone trucks from the other side?

#7951 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It has several functions:
3. Press and hold to defer (toggle) album mode
Any others?

I didn’t know this one, thanks! I was wondering if/how this is possible.

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wish the album modes kicked in a bit later in the game, after completing gold or platinum perhaps.

Agree, that would be a good setting, activate after Gold or Platinum records and adjust time.

#7972 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, yesterday I heard that something fell precisely when I finished my last game. I just found these parts under the playfield, any idea where the screw might be?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check the left ramp diverter.

#7973 3 years ago

Is everybody else getting shooter lane protectors? I just installed mine today - I think they are a must given the number of balls this thing fires out.

#7983 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Strangely enough I have yet to see shooter wear against Wonka (~8000 plays) or GNR (~2600 or so).
I did order the scoop Cliffy though!

Do you have a link for the cliffy? I couldn't find it on his site. Thanks!

#8015 3 years ago

My launch will often drain right down the middle. Any tips on what and how to bend to fix this?

#8017 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/130#post-6161174
This fix works great, went from high amount of SDTM plunges to hardly ever.
Wish this could be made a key post... this question keeps coming up.

Thanks, you’re a legend mate!

#8080 3 years ago

What's the best way to remove the left plastic below the guitar ramp return? I can't figure it out, specifically the nuts are connected to screws which are in channels that I can't access? I mean technically I could remove the nuts, but I then can't see how I can re-screw back together.

#8107 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Anyone know how to resolve this stuck ball? It's consistently getting stuck between the groove above the screw and the diverter.
Tried moving the hemispheric nubs but that's not causing the issue.
I thought about adding a small washer under the screw head but it is tapered.
Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I see your problem (assuming your pin is level)... There are two rubber bumper stickers there. The one on the left has been incorrectly placed further back. Both should be right at the edge. This is likely disrupting the correct ball flow.

#8130 3 years ago

I noticed some crimping on my record. Is there some sort of plastic protection I just forgot to remove, or is this the sticker itself and I’d need a replacement.

1BB4B6B4-1129-484C-B21D-AC42C9B65052 (resized).jpeg1BB4B6B4-1129-484C-B21D-AC42C9B65052 (resized).jpeg
#8145 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s just a sticker, I’d as for a new one but wouldn’t bother replacing until it’s really beat up

Thanks, good to know. I didn't want to request if it was just a temporary protective film AND I also didn't want to peel off the sticker by accident thinking it was a film.

#8186 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I cancelled my gnr LE order early on and then regretted it thinking I could have been $1K ahead of late buyers that paid the $10.5.
I played it again recently and agree with some on here.. game is not for me because of how it shoots. And when I thought about it, it’s how I feel about most if not all of the JJP games.
Led Zeppelin stays. LOL.
Will have fun playing JJP on location with everyone though.
Happy for all the guys here finally landing their games though, it’s been a long time coming.. or so it seems.

Nice. Well done, glad you've been able to reduce your cognitive dissonance

#8190 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I saw someone on Facebook say they configured their game to make multiballs harder to achieve because they were "concerned about wear" which is one of the most WTF-worthy things I've seen about this game. The multiballs are important and all of them are earned.
It is important to understand that multiball is not a "reward" or "victory lap" in this game, it is a mechanic that is an integral part of the gameplay.
I'll try and explain the point of the multiballs, I think if you understand what you're trying for it will help make sense of things.
PRE-SONG MULTIBALLS:
LIGHTS: earned by hitting the target on the upper playfield, aim for purple shots.
PYRO: earned by hitting the pyro target and sling behind Slash, action button jackpots
AMP: earned by lighting the AMP inlane, aim for yellow shots
CROWD: earned by skill shots then shooting the under-the-flipper shot, aim for blue shots
Why do you care to achieve them? The better you do in the multiball jackpots, the better your song jackpot will be.
Why do you want to stack them? The more you stack them, the longer the ballsave is and the more balls are in play, making the aforementioned jackpots easier to get. There is a POTC-like adrenaline rush from building the stack and keeping it going.
IN-SONG MULTIBALLS:
INITIAL BALLS IN PLAY: earned by the number of guitar locks you made in pre-song.
ADD-A-BALL: earned by making lit song shots and then the scoop when it's green.
Why do you care to maximize balls in play? The more balls in play the longer you will stay alive to maximize jackpots. Also the more likely you are to get Band Frenzy going.
Is it just mindless thrashing? Absolutely not. You have specific shots you're going for to qualify add-a-ball, and to hit the active band members to activate band frenzy. Once band frenzy is going, you want to maximize switch hits (spinners, pops etc) to blow up the jackpot.
The multiballs are keeping you from making shots? The baller move is to stash some on the guitar neck where they are safe, out of the way, and there's even a power chord award for doing all active balls in play.
I hope this helps provide some context.
I urge people to ignore the Pinside hive-mind.
Too often a game is distilled into one talking point which gets repeated mindlessly.
"They pulled trunk and disc mechs!"
"It sounds like a slot machine!"
"Too many multiballs!"
Play these games with an open mind and give yourself time learn the rules before making a final judgement on a game.

Does maxing the pre-song multi balls change the visual/light/audio mix of the song experience itself?

#8198 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't -think- so but I could be wrong...I'm constantly discovering things.

I'm not sure either, but I was leaning on "yes". These settings make me think there is something there. And I thought I noticed when I had the crowd maxed, there seems to be more cheering (which prompted the question). If so it's pretty cool, because "maxing" wouldn't just mean higher scores, but amplified experience/moments:

Maximum Volume Effect: specify how extra-loud the game can get, in volume units.

Music Mix: Specify the gain for the music in the game.
0-125: 0-125 Default: 75
Speech Mix: Specify the gain for the speech sounds in the game.
Fanfare Mix: Specify the gain for the fanfares in the game.
FX Mix: Specify the gain for the sound effects (FX) in the game.

#8227 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

54m is my greatest jackpot loss

Does anyone cash out? I always try to play to the end of the song.

#8229 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Depends. Risk vs reward vs going for the wizard mode.

Good point!

#8249 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No jackpots in songs what so ever. Go a different route. I’m curious if higher scores are even possible doing something different than maximizing song jackpots or completing songs and getting the applause JP.

There are jackpots, but they aren’t called as such. They are “Powercords”. You get them by locking balls in the guitar during the multiball (it reminds me a bit of the Shadow double and triple jackpots).

#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Someone was surprised I had these. My Feb 2021 gnr se came from the factory with scoop protection and black washers under sling posts. If you didn't get them you might be able to get them under warranty.

Don't all pins have that standard protection? I'm still going with a Cliffy.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GNR is a very deep game and I think you may be simplifying it a bit too much. All of the song modes play differently in regards to different shots being required to be hit on the playfield. Song modes shots can also change as it's played through, that's pretty cool. Each song mode can be played as a single ball or a multiball mode. Theres a variety of other multiball modes that can be stacked with song modes. Finally there's the album modes which are essentially mini wizard modes. Finally finally lol there's a super wizard mode. All of that is layering that very few games do.
I know a lot of people say ACDC is deep but that pins looks extremely shallow compared to GNR. The song modes in that game are very dull in my opinion, all requiring a player to just bash one specific shot over and over again versus working the playfield. All of the multiballs are similar with no unique animations and there's not even 1 mini wizard mode.

100%. Compare ‘Civil War’ to ‘November Rain’.

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What "variety of other multiballs" can be stacked with song modes?

Lights multiball vs amps.

#8266 3 years ago

Yes. You can start a song with Lights maxed or you can also start a song with Amps maxed.

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I bet a lot of owners never notice that the lights stop moving up and down. They still move left and right.

I wonder if "Maxing" lights prior to a song, makes them more active in the song?

#8362 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Here's mine. You can see the range of motion is pretty broad on the left spot, less so on the right spot.
Neither is colliding with anything.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J5HumnGgzuW8;7691830F-E469-4D00-8A84-EA0B78F1B1C8

Is that during the test or song?

#8568 3 years ago

Question, is there a way to lower the record, I notice mine is about 1-2mm below the surface of the playfield. It's very new, but I could see without adjusting it could eventually chew up the edge. I looked under and there is a screw and some give in the vertical movement of the record (e.g. I can push it upwards), but the screw is very, very tight and don't want to start forcing things.

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Easy! Don’t mess with the screw. Loosen big white plastic nut. Spin the threaded shaft to desired height and retighten.

Thanks mate, not sure if this was answered prior. But if not, someone should make your post a key one.

#8572 3 years ago

Hey just posting this here as a FYI, it seems my two spotlights stopped vertical movement, I only received the game this month. I reached out and I'm sure that JJP will help me resolve, but posting for reference.

I'm just wondering what the community would think as a longer term solution... If I've only been playing for weeks, and the vertical connection broke on not one, but both of my spotlights, how do we prevent this from happening again on our pins into the future?

IMG_3932 (resized).jpgIMG_3932 (resized).jpgIMG_3937 (resized).jpgIMG_3937 (resized).jpg
#8577 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Both my spotlights broke as well JJP sent me new ones, they told me they had some defective parts get through. When the new ones arrived the linkage was the same but the servos where a different brand. The new ones are a hobby king hk 15148B. Don’t know if it was the servos or the linkage that was defective, but the new servos are definitely different.

Have the new ones held up okay?

#8579 3 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Have a question for the audiophiles out there. I have a LE on pre-order (arriving in the distant future since I was very late to pre-order mine ) and I’m currently planning to install a pinwoofer.
However, I also have a spare A/V receiver lying around, and I’ve got the space to place good bookshelf speakers on stands next to the cab. Are there any good options for running audio out to a receiver without getting audio lag?
Sorry if this has already been addressed. I’m currently reading through this whole thread and I’m on page 81 - only 91 more pages to go

Not sure if this helps but I just connect my GnR wirelessly to my Amazon Echo Studio. Gives great sound.

#8601 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That's happened to me with LEs at 2 different locations. To avoid tilting I have to wait for the ball search. During a song that is a disappointment. When I get mine I may try a larger rubber ring on the post or a fat sleeve.

This worked for me. Simple fix (assuming your pin is level)... cut out a triangular piece of Mylar like this. Two versions of the photo, one with a line outlining the shape for visibility.

23044552-8A1D-43D8-BDD7-1E943CE96780 (resized).jpeg23044552-8A1D-43D8-BDD7-1E943CE96780 (resized).jpeg883F07B1-3BD5-484A-A866-CB9A9F6B7C16 (resized).jpeg883F07B1-3BD5-484A-A866-CB9A9F6B7C16 (resized).jpeg

#8611 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I thought so at first too, but looking at it from above, that looks like it will only make the cradle it sits in worse. I will try it though to rule that out

I think it makes it more apt to roll to the bumper vs sit in a neutral area. Report back if it works for you too.

#8640 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

IT WORKS!!!! Thank you much. Just put a bunch of games on it...Not 1 stuck ball in that area and it had plenty of opportunity. Man you saved the day...I owe you a virtual beer.
Big plus is the mylar can't be seen, isn't going anywhere and no unsightly foam on the skirt.
This fix should be under the key posts until/if JJP makes a workaround...if not, I'm satisfied so far

Excellent! Glad it works for others and I didn't just get lucky. Yes might be worth making a key post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/173#post-6244802

#8659 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well, the mylar stopped working, or maybe it never did and I was just lucky...anyways, using foam now and it is preventing the hangup, you're right..can't really see it.

Sorry to hear. One other did at the same time as adding the Mylar was touching a small dab of Super Lube to the ends of the gate so it had less friction opening. The solution on my pin may have been a combination of both.

#8664 3 years ago

Being an owner of a Rick and Morty, I think the Guns and Roses callouts that follow after completely flubbing a song are way too kind. I want some ridicule!

#8794 3 years ago

Just a thought I'm sharing to see what others think... I suspect over time, the drop from the upper playfield to the hole under the upper flipper may start to dent the wood. What about putting one of these Silicone Rubber Bumpers over the mylar to prevent (Maybe even cut at a slight angle). Is it overkill or potentially useful?

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=159

Titan (resized).jpegTitan (resized).jpeg

#8952 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Sorry to hear you joined the club. I’m waiting on both my replacements but JJP was super fast in response and RMA’ing mine. I think they had a bad batch of servos...same issue though, right one broke up down mech arm and left one works off and on but won’t test correctly
Also, I think the right has left and right stop limits, due to the mini screen and ramp obstruction

Have you received and installed the replacements yet? And if so, how are they?

#9037 2 years ago

So does anyone have a song with their favorite lighting effects? I'd rank "Out to Get" me as my favorite so far.

It's fun how you experience different lighting moments, as you are able to play further into the song on subsequent plays.

#9049 2 years ago

Can anyone please tell me the easiest way to adjust the left orbit ball guide? Any right orbit shot returns from the left and hits the top of the sling and bounces right into the center. Removing the plastic seems complex, the nuts are in a groove that isn't even accessible.

#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This happened to me, it’s in part because that post becomes loose over time, it isn’t held by a nut at the bottom. It’s easy to not realize that the post is rattling around smashing against the playfield. I used these clear washers which look good. I used 1” washers and they don’t interact with the ball. I actually put the 3/4 washers on every other post in the game just in case.
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

What about these, wouldn't they be better since they are silicone?

#9250 2 years ago

I replaced my spotlights today, when I looked at the broken ones, it looks like there is a horizontal misalignment that pulls them laterally apart making them break. See photo...

F789D8A2-3C67-4492-B276-1D4CD1F05920 (resized).jpegF789D8A2-3C67-4492-B276-1D4CD1F05920 (resized).jpeg
#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did both servos have mounting screws?

I'm not sure what you are asking, sorry... But each spotlight was attached to the pin with two screws.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

QC Alert! Check your left orbit entry rail washer/post.
This is the only washer I have on the playfield like this so it's a one off...but just check yours to make sure.
The washer is literally warped and deformed from the pressure.
I wouldn't even call this pooling in the playfield..this is extreme torque denting! Looks to me like the line person just kept wrenching until the proper alignment on the rail was reached, playfield be damned
I think this is asking a little much from any playfield so I'm not blaming Mirco here (this time)
I have a temporary large washer in place and next week I am going to fix it with an iron and some PETG / fiber washers. I am 100% certain I can fix and cover this back to new plus it's in an inconspicuous area.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What number are you? I wonder if there were some new employees that weren’t fully practicing quality control.

#9417 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Did you not read my post?! I clearly said that I am far from offended, but it is young kids that I worry about. Some parents are sensitive to it and it's not my place to say or dictate what is right or wrong.
What's wrong with me trying to avoid that situation?

Those parents can tell their kids not to play.

1 week later
#9896 2 years ago

Can someone please post an image of the special QC Mirco stamp?

#9915 2 years ago

Really disappointed to see this on my CE. I hope fellow owners don’t have this happen to their playfields. This was my first JJP machine, and am not impressed.

3E01C057-3CD7-4ABD-87A0-DD88C1ABFED7 (resized).jpeg3E01C057-3CD7-4ABD-87A0-DD88C1ABFED7 (resized).jpeg701A2590-FE92-4C74-AF3A-8B55AFB01901 (resized).jpeg701A2590-FE92-4C74-AF3A-8B55AFB01901 (resized).jpeg
#10036 2 years ago
Quoted from Shabazz18:

Bullshit. The playfield/application process is defective. Not the art package. Removing the art isn't a solution. It's a work around at best. This shouldn't be happening no matter where the art is located.

I think that MasterCard consumer protection allow for a chargeback for a defective product, up to 120 days from date of delivery (NOT purchase).

Have a look at page 234 of the MasterCard Chargeback guide:
https://www.mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/global/documents/chargeback-guide.pdf

-Not financial advice.

5B52265C-9ABB-46CE-9217-7188C32F797E (resized).jpeg5B52265C-9ABB-46CE-9217-7188C32F797E (resized).jpeg
#10054 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I agree that a class action lawsuit isn’t the best way. But JJP needs to experience a stronger repercussion than angry posts on a forum. That apparently hasn’t been enough to change their direction for the past few years.

Agree. The best way would be for JJP to replace playfields. But here we are.

#10118 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some people just love having an axe to grind. Grind it somewhere else! We’re enjoying our games.

No ax to grind. Just hoping for a resolution to defective playfields. As more and more people discuss their dissatisfaction, it becomes likely that these aren’t isolated cases but evidence of a far more substantial issue. Forums bring people together to give transparency on issues that extend beyond themselves across the community.

@zaphx, you are content with your GnR, and I’m genuinely happy for you that you are enjoying it. But please don’t try to silence or diminish others who may have a different tolerance for what is acceptable to them.

#10452 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well this post was pretty disgusting. I get called a shill, JJP employee, etc all the time. I’m not getting any special treatment here, nor am I trying to.
It’s pretty simple.
I like what they do with the games.
I respect the huge amount of work it takes multiple people to bring them to fruition.
I understand the supportability challenges.
And I am empathetic to the fact they didn’t make the damn playfields.
I’m a maker too and understand how hard it can be.
If being empathetic and appreciative makes me a pinside villian then I’ll start twisting my mustache.

morty.gifmorty.gif

1 month later
#11814 2 years ago

Can someone check if the right ramp pushing on the rose plastic?

#11923 2 years ago

Do others have these two wires that go to nowhere? This is in the bottom left of the playfield when raised.

IMG_5132 (resized).JPGIMG_5132 (resized).JPG
#12150 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think you need the longer post to accommodate the thicker PETG washers.
Personally I’m going with a longer shaft t-nut (7/16), the longer post, a modified t-nut (no spikes) from the top, the petg washer and the pl silicone washers. Maybe overkill, but it should eliminate all movement from heavy strikes which those problem posts get.
If that doesn’t work I’m giving up.

Is there a reason to use silicon washers and the petg?

#12160 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m working on a threaded shaft sleeve (oh my) which should be a perfect fit - if it works I’ll send you some.

I agree. Ridiculous that we’re even talking about this. With all they’re engineering and resources and supply chain you would think they could work this out.

Has Jersey Jack provided any response?

4 months later
#17813 2 years ago

When my ball goes down the hole in the upper playfield, it rolls out of the inner orbit and quite often goes right into the right outlane. Where does the trajectory on others' end up? Any advice on how to fix?

#17819 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your PF angle?
If you put a pinball on the lockdown bar dead center, does it stay there, or does it roll left or right eventually?

It’s pretty much perfectly level (according to the PinGuy app).

#17823 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's why I said to use a pinball. PinGuy app has been shown to be wrong pretty often.
Stick a pinball on the glass where it meets the lockdown bar, right above the action button and see if it moves. If the machine really is perfectly level, it will not move from the center. This is pretty close to foolproof and much more accurate for left to right level than the pinguy app.

This is good to know. I was under the impression that the glass isn’t necessarily the same angle as the playfield though.

Where should the ball exit to (the upper clipper or somewhere else)?

I’ll try the glass. I also have a digital level so I’ll try that.

#17887 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's why I said to use a pinball. PinGuy app has been shown to be wrong pretty often.
Stick a pinball on the glass where it meets the lockdown bar, right above the action button and see if it moves. If the machine really is perfectly level, it will not move from the center. This is pretty close to foolproof and much more accurate for left to right level than the pinguy app.

Man you weren't kidding, I used an electronic level and PinGuy was totally off. I also used the fix linked by fooflighter and all is fixed. Thanks guys!

1 week later
#18121 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I added a bunch of you guys in Scorbit today... challenges will come later today if I can manage to have a decent game. In the meantime, feel free to send challenges that you should expect to win to me at AJP.

Please add me too if you haven't @parsonsaj! My Scorbit name is: jonesjb

#18164 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Please add me too if you haven't parsonsaj! My Scorbit name is: jonesjb

My mistake, my Scorbit name is JeffieJr, please add me.

#18222 2 years ago

Fart Dimension with the Scary Terry Adventure sounds hilarious! This game's permutations keeps bringing new experiences.

1 week later
#18419 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got me absolutely fucked how anyone with half a brain would downvote someone for an honest opinion shared.

Sorry, couldn't resist, mate

7 months later
#22332 1 year ago

I read that Toy Story seems to have 'snappier' flippers due to software coding. Can we have this rolled out to GnR too?

#22338 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It hasn't been revealed that it's solely software, is the thing.
Consider a flipper as 3 different systems:
- The physical mech itself (which has not changed, and in fact is like williams mechs)
- The driver board which channels power to the coil in the mech
- The software that tells the driver board what to do
We know it's not the mech. If it's software only, then yes this could in theory be rolled out to all games which would be great. But if it also requires a change to the driver board, we're not gonna get that.

Well, fingers crossed if it's possible.

#22339 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Hi all,
i was wondering how many people have installed a graphic on their JJP machines as a welcome message since JJP allows one picture only i am wondering what everyone put in there.
Here's mine for an obvious reason.
[quoted image]

Is that when the signature's happened? Or do you have separate signatures.

1 week later
#22421 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I never listen to podcasters or the Pinside hive mind when forming an opinion on a game.

I do. I value some podcasters' thoughts, Zach M. and Kaneda and particular. I think they make a lot of strong points, and consider their perspective when forming an opinion.

#22423 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nobody's opinion matters but yours after playing the game.
Don't be so easily led.

K

1 week later
#22553 1 year ago
Quoted from holminone:

These are great suggestions but I’m not sure how slash solo gets stackable from a sound perspective. I would like to see slash solo more interesting and obvious from a scoring perspective and not perpetually disappointing (admittedly I still don’t really understand how the points work in the mode). How I think it should work is a good solid wack that makes the album go nuts (say 15 spins) should be worth some bank- while also building a multiplier like in Jurassic Park pteranodon mode. Theoretically if I wack that album and get it zinging two or three times within sixty seconds, then hit the guitar lock shot I should get some needle moving points. Make it worth the risk.
Would also like to see me be able to break out some bigger points in a song mode that I’m kicking ass in despite being relegated to a lower song start value (premature song start). I feel i should be rewarded non linearly for exceptional play. Such as the rate at which I’m leveling up in the song should accelerate my song level and jackpot accumulation to be at least interesting and certainly not disappointing.
Busting and kicking exceptional ass through a four and a half minute song to get an applause jackpot worth 1.9m or less is lame.
Subtle volume boosts too as you kick more ass in a song would be nice or more variable crowd volume noises. The base is all here but is like to see the code do a bit more than it already does from the audio experience.

Yeah I thought completing Lights, Crowd, Amps, and Pyro would tweak the song experiences… louder cheers, more fire effects from the light show along the side.

Regarding song level and song starts… Maybe like it hitting shots in quicker succession once the meter is filled will allow you to progress song level faster. Like if you hit 2 shots in a 3 second period your song level increases.

#22558 1 year ago
Quoted from holminone:

Love this. Targets per unit time as a performance/scoring variable seems underutilized in this game in particular.
And I don’t like overwriting the song. It kills the incentive to avoid the scoop and try to keep enabling boosters. Again I hate starting a song early. But something about overriding the song start violates the spirit of the game (to me).

Agree. I don’t think overwriting the song is the way to go. Sometimes skill in pinball is avoiding a shot… like the Merlin saucer in Medieval Madness when going for the lucrative multiball.

I think the time based shot succession would be a fair way to increase song level.

#22634 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I make the journey the reward. I try not to play pinball the same way I would do a chore.

This. Try completing albums, getting platinum on each if you can. Try to get through more songs and longer... Make your way to wizard mode. I'll bet doing what I've just recommended would get a game better score than just trying to glean as much point value as possible out of every song.

1 month later
#23032 1 year ago

Should there be a code update, I have a suggestion that I think may be well received. I'm sharing here to see what others think. The code change would be relatively simple and boost the risk/reward elements and allow the player to decide how multiball heavy they want their songs:

1. During a song, when the lit green center scoop shot is successfully made, rather than adding a multiball right away, the player would have 5 seconds to press and hold the action button

2a. Choosing to press-hold the action button would give a 5-10 second ball save, and BOOST the song level by and extra +10 (or +10%), or another suitable amount BUT not add a multiball.

2b. Choosing to not press-hold the button within 5 seconds would have the game add another ball for to the multiball (after the 5 seconds were up).

Note, when there is one ball left, it would be similar, but quick pressing (but not holding) would collect the jackpot.

This allows the player to risk boosting the value of the jackpot with a higher song level OR play it safe and add more balls to play. What do others think?

Please thumb up if you like it, thumb down if you don't.

#23069 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Should there be a code update, I have a suggestion that I think may be well received. I'm sharing here to see what others think. The code change would be relatively simple and boost the risk/reward elements and allow the player to decide how multiball heavy they want their songs:
1. During a song, when the lit green center scoop shot is successfully made, rather than adding a multiball right away, the player would have 5 seconds to press and hold the action button
2a. Choosing to press-hold the action button would give a 5-10 second ball save, and BOOST the song level by and extra +10 (or +10%), or another suitable amount BUT not add a multiball.
2b. Choosing to not press-hold the button within 5 seconds would have the game add another ball for to the multiball (after the 5 seconds were up).
Note, when there is one ball left, it would be similar, but quick pressing (but not holding) would collect the jackpot.
This allows the player to risk boosting the value of the jackpot with a higher song level OR play it safe and add more balls to play. What do others think?
Please thumb up if you like it, thumb down if you don't.

To anyone in the Beta or that knows Eric, could you please share this idea for consideration in the new code?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/461#post-7179061

#23119 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You can reset the timer balls stay in the lock with the bass ramp shot which also increases the powerchord multiplier.

Which one is the brass ramp? Is it the one that you make off of the upper playfield that returns to the left flipper?

#23121 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

The bass ramp is the left shot into the VUK on the upperplayfield and feeds to the left guitar rails that lead to the left inlanes

Thanks, so hitting the upper playfield (without draining under the upper flipper), will eventually reset the power cord timer.

#23128 1 year ago

I wonder if there is any possibility of a new song being added in a code update? I'm not really sure if there are any glaring omissions anyway.

#23141 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

What? Dude, KOHD was played at *every* show on the Not In This Lifetime tour.
But that (and the current) version of the song as played live is a dreary slog - I can’t imagine playing pinball to it. As a fan of the band, I’d much prefer an original over another cover.

I think it could definitely work, especially with an appropriate light show. Civil War has slow parts too.

Maybe Slash could call up Dylan and get permission? Isn’t that what he did for Live and Let Die

#23143 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Even if he gets permission... I'm not sure why JJP would want to pay anything (even if it was only $1 per game which is a random guess on my part) for the rights given they have already sold all the games. It would be spending money with no real return unless JJP thinks that a bunch of people are on the fence about this title and they will suddenly fork over $11k for a NIB version once a Bob Dylan cover is announced as included.

I wasn’t really serious - just a nice to have. I’m a big Dylan fan so.

#23210 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

made on april fools day. no concern here but you did not get the joke.
i am glad to have these.

Except that you put the image with 1 April as the last image. I doubt everyone is going to glean through every image you posted, especially the last one.

3 weeks later
#23484 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, GnR with a subway system, too? Would have been even better!

Would have been worth adding in the CE at least.

#23485 1 year ago

How/where do we provide Beta feedback?

4 weeks later
#23742 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Matrix 1 is all I need. 2,3,4 were ALL less-than.

This is the correct answer.

#23747 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Does anyone have any good images of the ce playfield differences and sparkle?
Trying to get a good look at the differences but can't seem to find anything.

EF49D54E-F39F-4E3C-B5C0-8582171079BB (resized).jpegEF49D54E-F39F-4E3C-B5C0-8582171079BB (resized).jpeg
#23757 1 year ago

The sparkle must be seen in person to fully appreciate!

#23783 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

For everyone that has installed these precision flippers, can you leave an honest review? Is it worth it? Do you really notice a difference and what is that difference if you do notice it. Really curious to hear from people that installed these. I'm not looking for cosmetics on these, looking for function. Also anyone just install the bushings? If so how did you find it?

I bought them for my Rick and Morty, and they are like night and day. Spooky's Rick and Morty had some odd flipper responsiveness so it was really worth it.

#23808 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

The sparkle is awesome,
The sinking posts and peeling art are not
Shame on you Mirco and JJP.

Is this the new replacement playfield?

2 weeks later
#23953 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's always been high maintenance pia to me. I tried to use it but when I'm always interacting with my phone instead of playing, I'm out.
I just got my first stern and experience of insider connected. It does stay connected. I also like if I'm having a good game I can actually sign in while I'm playing to capture the game.
I don't know that I care about it anymore than that but I was curious and see it stays connected as long as I play so if scorbit Could at least pull that off then I might use it. I don't mind logging in once... But more than once is unacceptable.

Agree, I find the Stern experience much more intuitive and seamless to use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.