pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 563.
#12151 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there a reason to use silicon washers and the petg?

The clearcoat is very soft and the silicone is softer than the clearcoat, but the petg gives the rigidity. When you tighten down, the silicone sort of spills out inter the edge of the petg washer softening the edge.

That’s my theory anyway- I’m no expert.

#12152 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

If anyone thinks that installing the longer locking post alone would prevent the pooling and artwork tearing, let me dispel that fantasy. My GNR lane post has significant damage and it came from the factory with the longer locking post.
For those who attempted a repair on the upper playfield post - did you replace it with the longer locking post? Asking because it would involve taking off the upper playfield and removing all those wires which seems like a pretty time intensive task. Would just ironing the pooled area and adding the larger washer likely be enough?
Thanks

The longer post does not necessarily require a nut from below. I replaced the short one with the long one and put a silicon washer under the metal factory washer. After screwing in the post still has some free movement in the wood (was discussed earlier here already). To improve that I wrapped a small (0,5 cm) of clear tape around the part of the post, which is the upper part below the small „platform“ of the post. That lowers the gap between the post and the wood hole. You can adjust that very well by try and error until the movement is close to zero.

#12153 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The clearcoat is very soft and the silicone is softer than the clearcoat, but the petg gives the rigidity. When you tighten down, the silicone sort of spills out inter the edge of the petg washer softening the edge.
That’s my theory anyway- I’m no expert.

I think your theory is sound and certainly worth a go .
My choice will be Cliffy carbon with clear PETG combo.

Your set up will look better than mine.
I hope that they both perform well.
I will post a few pics when I'm done and provide updates.

#12154 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The longer post does not necessarily require a nut from below. I replaced the short one with the long one and put a silicon washer under the metal factory washer. After screwing in the post still has some free movement in the wood (was discussed earlier here already). To improve that I wrapped a small (0,5 cm) of clear tape around the part of the post, which is the upper part below the small „platform“ of the post. That lowers the gap between the post and the wood hole. You can adjust that very well by try and error until the movement is close to zero.

Yeah, That gap is a big part of the problem, Mmm, dunno how long the tape will last ?
I will be looking for a metal sleeve of some sort when I get my posts out.

I still don't get why JJP just can't send us an update kit made for this ?

#12155 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Mmm, dunno how long the tape will last ?
I will be looking for a metal sleeve of some sort when I get my posts out.

I’m working on a threaded shaft sleeve (oh my) which should be a perfect fit - if it works I’ll send you some.

Quoted from RA77:

I agree. Ridiculous that we’re even talking about this. With all they’re engineering and resources and supply chain you would think they could work this out.

#12156 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

That would mean they acknowledge there is a problem .

#12157 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They are sending out post/washer kits if they're required. Speak to your distributor. I had some sets sent to me for my first batch of LE's.

#12158 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

True.

Unless they change Playfield suppliers and state that they have, I’m out on any more JJP.

#12159 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

True.
Unless they change Playfield suppliers and state that they have, I’m out on any more JJP.

The rumour is they are changing vendors and if Vid says it , I believe him more than most .

Screenshot_2021-07-10-20-26-51-74 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-07-10-20-26-51-74 (resized).png
#12160 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m working on a threaded shaft sleeve (oh my) which should be a perfect fit - if it works I’ll send you some.

I agree. Ridiculous that we’re even talking about this. With all they’re engineering and resources and supply chain you would think they could work this out.

Has Jersey Jack provided any response?

#12161 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

They are sending out post/washer kits if they're required. Speak to your distributor. I had some sets sent to me for my first batch of LE's.

Have you seen this?

Quoted from psexton:

My May LE build does not have the washers or longer posts.
When I created a ticket with JJP to get them, this was their response:
Do to supply issues we are unable to send out washers or longer posts.
JJP does not recommend altering your playfield.
If you feel you need to add these items,
Pinball Life and Marco Specialties have the information and can get you what you need.

#12162 2 years ago

JJP GnR noobi..... I'm thinking about scooping up a NIB one that I assume has been built shortly ago....is there still playfield concerns with them or anything else I need to watch out for

#12163 2 years ago

will the clear eventually cure? maybe just let it sit in the box for a year or something. good luck with that though.

#12164 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

JJP GnR noobi..... I'm thinking about scooping up a NIB one that I assume has been built shortly ago....is there still playfield concerns with them or anything else I need to watch out for

Depends on what your expectations are in terms of owning it and what you are willing to do to maintain it, and then are you willing to accept the risk that it may fall short. Have you played it? Do you love it? It's it just a museum piece for you? Maybe you are the person that keeps it 6 months and dumps it...

You are a restorer, modder and have plenty of pins and experience. So dealing with issues shouldn't be a problem... However I don't see JJP in your list...

Read this for a summary of recommendations for An idea what is being dealt with on GnR and in some form or fashion. Most of the last hundred posts here should also bring you up to speed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#12165 2 years ago

I’d like to hear from a few people on the first 3-4 patches they go for when they start the game. Do you always focus on these same patches?

Prior to getting these patches, do you prioritize locking balls or letting them fall back down to light the gnr inserts?

I’m focusing first and foremost on fender, vater and duff skull before I start locking balls

#12166 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’d like to hear from a few people on the first 3-4 patches they go for when they start the game. Do you always focus on these same patches?
Prior to getting these patches, do you prioritize locking balls or letting them fall back down to light the gnr inserts?
I’m focusing first and foremost on fender, vater and duff skull before I start locking balls

Check these out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=posts&q=Fender&topic-machine=&pinsider=Zaphx&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

#12167 2 years ago

Yeah I’ve read those. Just wondering for if people have changed up their strategies at all. Also trying to generate some gameplay discussion

#12168 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Yeah I’ve read those. Just wondering for if people have changed up their strategies at all. Also trying to generate some gameplay discussion

To be honest, I haven't been paying any attention to patches, but I'm going to start now and see how much difference it makes. There is a rules wiki here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

I learned a few things from reading through it.

#12169 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I go for those same 3. I've played around with all of them, but I keep coming back to these. They're also pretty mindless to set up. Fender before launching ball one, then just hit the center button 5 times after collecting. That takes you to Vater and Duff is next. I prioritize collecting them over locking balls. I think they're that important. But I'd love to hear from eskaybee or someone who's played a lot more than me to hear other opinions.

Here's something to try. Yesterday I was just trying to get to Desert demo to see the mode. I chose November Rain and wound up getting a 25m jp without really trying. I had those patches and a 60 second ball save timer. I had 2 really good band frenzies. Of course I tried again later in the day top it, but couldn't get anything going. But I think with that mode being just switch hits, you could go for band members and center spinner and put up huge points.

#12170 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I go for those same 3. I've played around with all of them, but I keep coming back to these. They're also pretty mindless to set up. Fender before launching ball one, then just hit the center button 5 times after collecting. That takes you to Vater and Duff is next. I prioritize collecting them over locking balls. I think they're that important. But I'd love to hear from eskaybee or someone who's played a lot more than me to hear other opinions.
Here's something to try. Yesterday I was just trying to get to Desert demo to see the mode. I chose November Rain and wound up getting a 25m jp without really trying. I had those patches and a 60 second ball save timer. I had 2 really good band frenzies. Of course I tried again later in the day top it, but couldn't get anything going. But I think with that mode being just switch hits, you could go for band members and center spinner and put up huge points.

My best scores have also come from November Rain. I think there is at least one other song that is based on switch hits but I forgot which one. I prioritize those patches over locks and also over amp multi ball. Not sure if that is the best strategy though as booster multiballs are important for song level and may even result in higher scores than band frenzy because of that. Not sure though.

#12171 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

I am using the JJP post upgrade kit they sent me. The posts are all the same longer ones, there is no metal sleeve or adapted post for the upper playfield. However, there is a notched washer so that it will sit above the lane divider at the GNR lane without modification (of course I didn’t notice this until after I notched my own!)

#12172 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Thank you for sharing. Gives reference to where production is currently.

So that’s approximately 1600 units made?

#12173 2 years ago

I was thinking it would be so cool if there was a way for them to add a new mode. I would call it “crowd surfing.”

It starts by ripping the left spinner x number of times and then the mode starts (like disco mode in DP). A lit shots starts at the left spinner, and once you hit it the next shot to the right is lit. You keep progressing over to the far right shot under the flipper to toss the “surfer” over the guardrail and collect a bazillion points.

Lol that would mix it up and add a new dimension to the game. And have it be available to start anytime except song modes. I can dream I guess

#12174 2 years ago

Nah. This game is so good because it’s unique. It would take it down a peg if they just started copying features and ideas from other pins.

Quoted from Mattyk:

I was thinking it would be so cool if there was a way for them to add a new mode. I would call it “crowd surfing.”
It starts by ripping the left spinner x number of times and then the mode starts (like disco mode in DP). A lit shots starts at the left spinner, and once you hit it the next shot to the right is lit. You keep progressing over to the far right shot under the flipper to toss the “surfer” over the guardrail and collect a bazillion points.
Lol that would mix it up and add a new dimension to the game. And have it be available to start anytime except song modes. I can dream I guess

#12175 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nah. This game is so good because it’s unique. It would take it down a peg if they just started copying features and ideas from other pins.

Yeah everyone’s has their opinion on what they like. I do love the game but I feel it kinda needs something to keep if from being a one trick pony. Maybe once the scoring is figured out that will be sufficient. It’s still early

#12176 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You mean the song LEVEL?
Pretty sure it's in status report, but I get what you're saying.

How's the video mode coming along Keith ?

#12177 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Yeah everyone’s has their opinion on what they like. I do love the game but I feel it kinda needs something to keep if from being a one trick pony. Maybe once the scoring is figured out that will be sufficient. It’s still early

You mean On the Road mode doesn’t do it for you? . I bet most people who play don’t even know when they’re in that mode

#12178 2 years ago

So the drama and discussion on the playfield clear quality continues…. And possibilities they are switching suppliers. Does anyone have any idea of the backlog and can provide a sense that if I put a down payment down on March 31 of this year, approximately how many folks are in front of me? (LE). How many have been built and fulfilled to date and how much backlog remains? Approximate of course.

Thanks!

#12179 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

So the drama and discussion on the playfield clear quality continues…. And possibilities they are switching suppliers. Does anyone have any idea of the backlog and can provide a sense that if I put a down payment down on March 31 of this year, approximately how many folks are in front of me? (LE). How many have been built and fulfilled to date and how much backlog remains? Approximate of course.
Thanks!

The answer won't be exact because it's all just an educated guess based on posts from here. But that best guess gut answer will be different depending on if you went through a distributor, And which one, or whether you ordered direct from JJP?

Someone recently made a stab Guess at around 1600 is where they're at in LE production. I think that's probably fairly Good guess and Id bet on that. My hunch would say that they have well over 2500 orders

#12180 2 years ago

70M Rocket Quenn JP last night.

Had all the black patches, fender etc. Rocket patch and had band frenzy x2 or 3. Rest of game was a bust though only got to 89 M.

So many different ways to attack with patches. Still confused why sometimes it will give me credit for 2 lights to complete the patch from upper playfield and others just one light.

#12181 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Had all the black patches, fender etc. Rocket patch and had band frenzy x2 or 3. Rest of game was a bust though only got to 89 M.
So many different ways to attack with patches. Still confused why sometimes it will give me credit for 2 lights to complete the patch from upper playfield and others just one light.

It's my favorite song on there. I bet that was amazing!

#12183 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I believe it’s a bug / opto switch issue. I think the ball sometimes triggers the switch double. I put a small piece of drop dead ball foam down there to help the ball get out of that spot quicker and no longer get double GNR lane triggers.

All in all, a design issue as I’ve seen it in many GNR streams, but could easily be corrected with code.

#12184 2 years ago

I’m replacing JJP posts with WPC ones- Tight fit, post doesn’t move

60788725-1B06-4249-8E5B-B6F139F7CD2D (resized).jpeg60788725-1B06-4249-8E5B-B6F139F7CD2D (resized).jpeg
#12185 2 years ago

Hello all,

I have a GnR LE on order from April and am expecting it sometime later this year (according to the distributor).

I am reading through the threads and working on my "to do" list of work when the game arrives. Will be my first NIB.

I am curious to know from those who own the game, what was included in the "goodie" bag that came with the game?

Also, has there been any word on a printed manual like the tome-like one for Dialed In?

Thanks.

#12186 2 years ago

too bad jjp didn't use those from the start.

#12187 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Also, has there been any word on a printed manual like the tome-like one for Dialed In?

Dialed In was the last one with a printed manual.

You can get them on line from the JJP website under Support under downloads.

LTG : )

#12188 2 years ago

I was going to take the DI manual to a printing place, along with Wonka & G&R download manual (or show them where to find them)

And get the Manuals printed the same quality and paper size as the DI manual.

It will be costly.

#12189 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

You mean On the Road mode doesn’t do it for you? . I bet most people who play don’t even know when they’re in that mode

Nope doesn’t do it for me. You hit a couple of orbits and you’re in On the Road. Objective is to hit more orbits. Same thing. If it was a legitimate separate mode with different objectives I guess that would be one thing. As of now this game is all about keeping multi ball alive.

For someone that only has a 2-3 game collection I need more if this will stay bolted to the floor. Don’t get me wrong it’s awesome. But it’s only unique because it’s points based versus progression. It plays more like a 90’s wpc in that regard. Which is very cool. Needs a video mode or something else to shoot for to round it out a bit more. Only my opinion though. I don’t regret my purchase at all

#12190 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Fender seems to be the best and always the first one I go for, typically. Vader and Duff seem like the next best as they spot 2 members for frenzy, Duff and Richard (left ramp + inside spinner). But I’ll throw a wrinkle into this. I’ve been skipping Vader early on (until I’m ready for my 4th sponsor patch to light extra ball), reason being, not having Richard (the inner spinner) auto spotted for frenzy gives a better chance at using that shot with fender to light one of the harder to get band members, mainly AXL.

…and so the onion peels even further.

#12191 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’m replacing JJP posts with WPC ones- Tight fit, post doesn’t move [quoted image]

Let’s us know how that works out. What is the part number for the Williams and where did you get them?

#12192 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’m replacing JJP posts with WPC ones- Tight fit, post doesn’t move [quoted image]

Are you removing the t-nut?

#12193 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How many would be needed for smart replacement?

#12194 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:I’m replacing JJP posts with WPC ones- Tight fit, post doesn’t move [quoted image]

Part number?

#12195 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fender seems to be the best and always the first one I go for, typically. Vader and Duff seem like the next best as they spot 2 members for frenzy, Duff and Richard (left ramp + inside spinner). But I’ll throw a wrinkle into this. I’ve been skipping Vader early on (until I’m ready for my 4th sponsor patch to light extra ball), reason being, not having Richard (the inner spinner) auto spotted for frenzy gives a better chance at using that shot with fender to light one of the harder to get band members, mainly AXL.
…and so the onion peels even further.

Ooh that’s a good tip. I like it

#12196 2 years ago

Thanks for the tip!

#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Ooh that’s a good tip. I like it

Ditto. Makes a ton of sense

#12198 2 years ago

I didn’t see any key posts on the topic but my scoop has started ejecting lower and lower on the left flipper. When I installed Cliffys I made sure to really turn the scoop guard to the left and it was consistently delivering to the middle of the flipper. Now that it’s drifting is the best/only option to pull the whole upper playfield off, move everything out of the way and turn and tighten the scoop? Or are there simpler (but reliable ways) to tweak it?

#12199 2 years ago

I need to turn off my shaker motor due to pissing off my neighbors. Is there a way to do this in settings?

#12200 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

I need to turn off my shaker motor due to pissing off my neighbors. Is there a way to do this in settings?

Settings - Coils.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
7,500 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.