IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 477 of 562.
#23801 1 year ago

Has anyone on the Beta code noticed if they've fixed the song choosing bug .
Do you get the full time to choose your song , or does it still release balls with 15 seconds to go .

#23802 1 year ago

On some good news .
JJP Express posted out a new Playfield LCD .
It came complete with all the brackets attached .
Making it a very easy install .
A big thanks to the guys at jjp and my distributor Paul for making it happen .
Just in time for the holidays

IMG20221216144633 (resized).jpgIMG20221216144633 (resized).jpgIMG20221216144615 (resized).jpgIMG20221216144615 (resized).jpgIMG_20221216_204351 (resized).jpgIMG_20221216_204351 (resized).jpg
#23803 1 year ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

if you hit a clean left loop shot and then hold the right upper flipper does your ball consistently hit the coma target? Mine used to do this and now it hits just below it. I tried adjusting the flipper alignment but if I raise it up enough to hit the target then the ball hits the flipper tip even at rest and deflects it SDTM. I did move my machine and re-level it but seems like that slight a change wouldn’t effect the ball path that much on a fast shot but I’m not sure. Any ideas as I like the easiest hit on the coma target with the clean left loop shot? Thanks!

Mine just started doing the same exact thing. If you find out the issue please let me know. I am guessing the coil stop screws could be loose or the coil stop could of broke but I am guessing the coil stop screws are loose. I did not want to pull my game out of the lineup to check to busy playing haha.
Check yours and let me know if this is the issue.

#23804 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

So my magnet finally fizzled out - not even catching the ball on test mode. While I debate whether or not to attempt to repair it (total newbie at this), I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a setting or two that I could change to quote-unquote replicate the game's difficulty as if the magnet was working.
I was thinking about possibly changing the extra ball award to "Any", instead of "No Pop Bumpers", since it's harder to earn the extra ball without the magnet catch. Is that overdoing things, difficulty-wise? What about qualifying Axl for song mode? This is an in-home machine only, and yes, I know it's my machine and I can set it however I like, but I'm trying to be relatively consistent in regards to scoring, difficulty, etc.
Thanks!

My magnet is out too now. Luckily, it’s not that impactful on gameplay. The worst part of it out is qualifying AXL for band frenzy. Luckily the fender patch helps with this, otherwise I use the center spinner shot in hopes to get through the pops to the AXL switch. You have the right idea of making eb easier to qualify. I haven’t found it too cumbersome to qualify AXL pre-song - you can always use the JAM lanes/target.

#23805 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Mine just started doing the same exact thing. If you find out the issue please let me know. I am guessing the coil stop screws could be loose or the coil stop could of broke but I am guessing the coil stop screws are loose. I did not want to pull my game out of the lineup to check to busy playing haha.
Check yours and let me know if this is the issue.

Curious if you guys changed from the factory red rubber to something else like super bands or titan? That’ll do it.

#23806 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My magnet is out too now. Luckily, it’s not that impactful on gameplay.

It definitely helps if extra ball is lit and magnet is still on... I think magnet only active if Axl not qualified, but still, I love it when I cash out for extra ball and on next launch feed it stopping the left orbit, magnet grabs and drops in the X lane for extra ball . I'm getting pretty good at that move.

#23807 1 year ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

if you hit a clean left loop shot and then hold the right upper flipper does your ball consistently hit the coma target? Mine used to do this and now it hits just below it. I tried adjusting the flipper alignment but if I raise it up enough to hit the target then the ball hits the flipper tip even at rest and deflects it SDTM. I did move my machine and re-level it but seems like that slight a change wouldn’t effect the ball path that much on a fast shot but I’m not sure.

I'm still good and I'm at a 7.3-7.5 or so pitch. 1000+ plays. It feels like it's not ripping around the orbit quite as fast as it did last time I cleaned and waxed it, so it's probably due and that could be your issue. But if it was fine till you moved it and re-leveled it, then it seems more likely it's got something to do with your new pitch and level settings.

When I bought my Popeye, I could hit the left orbit and it would hit the gate and drop down one of the O-Y-L letters. After I first cleaned and waxed it, and since, the ball rips so fast it hits the gate and flies back down the orbit, skipping right past the O-Y-L letters, making the game modes more difficult to obtain.

#23808 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

The sparkle is awesome,
The sinking posts and peeling art are not
Shame on you Mirco and JJP.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the new replacement playfield?

#23809 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this the new replacement playfield?

No,
Distro has indicated that I can purchase a replacement playfield for $500.

Original has been repaired successfully with Cliffy carbon and PETG.

#23810 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

To rub salt into the wounds I have to pay for a part that was flawed to begin with and then spend another day changing it out.
How do I know that it won't happen again ?
Pretty piss poor form from JJP if you ask me.

It’s deja vu with the original light boards on WOZ. They make you pay $1k for the 2.0 light boards and you have to spend a weekend installing them. These playfields should be sent to the customers for free. It’s JJPs job to recoup the loss from Mirco

#23811 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Curious if you guys changed from the factory red rubber to something else like super bands or titan? That’ll do it.

I did change to super bands and I had Titans on just before that but I thought the Titans were working with the bounce over but I could be wrong.

I will try some original rubber if I can find some laying around I will not have to pull the game out of the line up to try that haha. "Now where did I put that old flipper rubber I said I will never need"

#23812 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Your setup is over the top fooflighter - it's fun seeing where things can go!

Thanks, the Pinwoofer definitely helps it, I would not have these results without the upgrade

#23813 1 year ago

Possible bug ?
I had to go backwards to get a patch I wanted , I held the Flipper and pressed the action button , as I did that the magnet grabbed the ball .
The magnet just held the ball , I looked at it sitting there for about 10 seconds and then I hit the Flipper button and it released it

#23814 1 year ago

you guys on Beta, when you drain a ball, does the score tally get really laggy like the game is going to crash?

#23815 1 year ago

Picked up my second Standard this morning and I am back in the club. I am in the minority but I really enjoy the standard game. I altered my last one with a boa snake ramp wireform and traded it a few months ago and have been missinig it ever since. I am improving the design to be a rattle snake with a ball drop activated head.
Once that is done I am stripping the cabinet decals and will be doing airbrushed artwork night train inspired on the cabinet as I just dont like the se artwork. Great game. Great day.

34712789-B18A-488E-8705-1449D6553C9B (resized).jpeg34712789-B18A-488E-8705-1449D6553C9B (resized).jpeg69DD725F-D013-43F0-A57C-DC0F68A656EC (resized).jpeg69DD725F-D013-43F0-A57C-DC0F68A656EC (resized).jpeg
#23816 1 year ago

Ugh, this is the most beautiful, fun and extremely frustrating pinball game ever. I regularly lose 10mil bonuses because I get nervous and can’t hit the scoop when I need to. I get so freakin mad and then I hit the start button again. I can’t get enough of it, then I get so pissed I want to throw it out the window and then I sign up for more pain and misery. I love this game.

#23817 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Ugh, this is the most beautiful, fun and extremely frustrating pinball game ever. I regularly lose 10mil bonuses because I get nervous and can’t hit the scoop when I need to. I get so freakin mad and then I hit the start button again. I can’t get enough of it, then I get so pissed I want to throw it out the window and then I sign up for more pain and misery. I love this game.

what patches are you staking to get those kind of bonuses?

#23818 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

sometimes i wish there was a patch that would double the Jackpot cash out timer.

#23819 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I think he's talking about the applause jackpot hitting the scoop at at the last 15 seconds of a song. That shot gets so much harder under that pressure, but That's the best rush in pinball ever, and missing it is just like he said.. I wanna throw the thing out the window! Love this game too!

#23820 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Picked up my second Standard this morning and I am back in the club. I am in the minority but I really enjoy the standard game. I altered my last one with a boa snake ramp wireform and traded it a few months ago and have been missinig it ever since. I am improving the design to be a rattle snake with a ball drop activated head.
Once that is done I am stripping the cabinet decals and will be doing airbrushed artwork night train inspired on the cabinet as I just dont like the se artwork. Great game. Great day.

Now THAT'S cool!!

#23821 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

This man completely gets this machine!

#23822 1 year ago

...but where is the code update?

#23823 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

...but where is the code update?

It would be a nice present if it dropped on Christmas Eve , so we could have it for the holidays

#23824 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be a nice present if it dropped on Christmas Eve , so we could have it for the holidays

Hint hint JJP

#23825 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I did change to super bands and I had Titans on just before that but I thought the Titans were working with the bounce over but I could be wrong.
I will try some original rubber if I can find some laying around I will not have to pull the game out of the line up to try that haha. "Now where did I put that old flipper rubber I said I will never need"

I changed the upper flipper rubber back to the factory red rubber and Walla completely fixed the issue. The ball bounces right over to the comma target effortlessly even slow moving orbit shots I can nudge up to get it to bounce over to hit the comma target. Gotta love the easy fixes Thanks Eskaybee!!!!

I might switch back to factory rubbers on all of the flippers I was surprised how much more bounce the factory rubbers have.

#23826 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My magnet is out too now. Luckily, it’s not that impactful on gameplay. The worst part of it out is qualifying AXL for band frenzy. Luckily the fender patch helps with this, otherwise I use the center spinner shot in hopes to get through the pops to the AXL switch. You have the right idea of making eb easier to qualify. I haven’t found it too cumbersome to qualify AXL pre-song - you can always use the JAM lanes/target.

I installed pin monks fan kit on my magnet and the magnet has worked great. It is the original magnet assembly. Call JJP they will send you out new magnet.

#23827 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I installed pin monks fan kit on my magnet and the magnet has worked great. It is the original magnet assembly. Call JJP they will send you out new magnet.

The trick is to keep the magnet cool enough that the thermal switch never triggers. If it never triggers it can never die in the open (no power) position. The fan system does that.

#23828 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My headphone adapter has been shit since day 1; I can’t get any volume out of it and anything that comes out is distorted. My dealer says that’s JJP staple with their headsets and hear others have the same problem so I never pursued it and just have my household listen to me play the game with the external sub lol.
But, this makes me wonder if I should have pursued a tech case with JJP? I’m probably out of warranty now (1 1/2 years owner) but any thoughts on this or if there’s a fix I’ll give it a shot.
Thanks in advance.

Hi did you ever get your headphone out situation fixed? My headphone out is doing the same thing.

#23829 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Hi did you ever get your headphone out situation fixed? My headphone out is doing the same thing.

Are you on the latest beta? There were several improvements made to headphones in both wired and Bluetooth. May help you, may not.

#23830 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you on the latest beta? There were several improvements made to headphones in both wired and Bluetooth. May help you, may not.

I am not on the latest beta. I could give it a try. Did the latest beta fix low volume and distorted sound while using wired headphones for anybuddy?

#23832 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am not on the latest beta. I could give it a try. Did the latest beta fix low volume and distorted sound while using wired headphones for anybuddy?

I didn't follow that issue enough to answer, but there was a decent amount of time spent on BT connectivity stabilization and also on the wired headset portion. I wish I could be more help. I want to say yes, recall something about volume with Wired, but not sure of specifics. No issues with Beta for me and many others, and just enhancements, like a killer new EQ built into diag, some enhanced light shows.

#23833 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think he's talking about the applause jackpot hitting the scoop at at the last 15 seconds of a song. That shot gets so much harder under that pressure, but That's the best rush in pinball ever, and missing it is just like he said.. I wanna throw the thing out the window! Love this game too!

This is probably a super basic question, but is there a difference between the applause bonus, and the cash-out bonus of when you are down to one ball and hit the scoop after completing the song's objective? It feels like it's the same value but some of the comments in this thread's history have me questioning that...

#23834 1 year ago

Well applause jackpot happens in the last 15 seconds of the song so it's amount is what you achieved and collected throughout the entire song. If you're able to cash out early with the extra ball it's because you met your objectives and are down to single ball and then you get the option to hit the scoop when it's lit. And in that instance, There's more song time to collect more if you wanted to risk that, otherwise you get whatever the current cash out jackpot is Plus the opportunity to hit the extra ball in the next launch... I think if your rock-it meter is high enough you also can get an encore song at that point, but someone else would have to confirm that My understanding of that is correct.
If you kept going and did not cash out, you could continue to build that jackpot up to the point where you complete the song for applause jackpot which would be the maximum and higher than cashing out early. I'm sure I could have said that more simply but hope that's helpful. (And correct, lol)

#23835 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well applause jackpot happens in the last 15 seconds of the song so it's amount is what you achieved and collected throughout the entire song. If you're able to cash out early with the extra ball it's because you met your objectives and are down to single ball and then you get the option to hit the scoop when it's lit. And in that instance, There's more song time to collect more if you wanted to risk that, otherwise you get whatever the current cash out jackpot is Plus the opportunity to hit the extra ball in the next launch... I think if your rock-it meter is high enough you also can get an encore song at that point, but someone else would have to confirm that My understanding of that is correct.
If you kept going and did not cash out, you could continue to build that jackpot up to the point where you complete the song for applause jackpot which would be the maximum and higher than cashing out early. I'm sure I could have said that more simply but hope that's helpful. (And correct, lol)

I do not think you can get encore if you cash out early. I hope I am wrong because that would be cool to get the extra ball and encore. But their really would not be a major reason to stick it out until the end tho. I wish you could get the extra ball if you make it to encore that would be cool.

#23836 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I do not think you can get encore if you cash out early.

If this is possible, I haven't achieved it. I've only gotten encore after applause jackpot.

#23837 1 year ago

I doubted myself as I type that but now that it's a new day and I'm thinking about it I think I was wrong.. it was not during a cash out. It was when I completed the song but did not hit the applause jackpot scoop but my meter was high enough that it went into encore for a second song.

Does that sound right? You can get encore after a song even though you didn't get the applause jackpot?

#23838 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Does that sound right? You can get encore after a song even though you didn't get the applause jackpot?

That is correct Sir!

#23839 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

oes that sound right? You can get encore after a song even though you didn't get the applause jackpot?

Almost positive that’s happened to me a few times now. Sort of throws you off a bit too when it does.

I think I’ve also had jackpot with extra ball ready near the end of songs and didn’t get it in time before it switched to applause jackpot instead on me.

#23840 1 year ago

So my left slingshot rubber finally snapped. I took everything apart to replace it and when I went to put it back together the mount for the left side of the guitar wire form doesn't look right to me.

In the pictures, the wire form is sitting where it wants to rest naturally. It doesn't seem correct to tighten it down the quarter inch gap that is showing on the threads. If I did tighten it down it pulls the ramp to the left.

Am I missing something? Can someone provide pictures of their game please?

20221223_213116 (resized).jpg20221223_213116 (resized).jpg20221223_213137 (resized).jpg20221223_213137 (resized).jpg
#23841 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

So my left slingshot rubber finally snapped. I took everything apart to replace it and when I went to put it back together the mount for the left side of the guitar wire form doesn't look right to me.
In the pictures, the wire form is sitting where it wants to rest naturally. It doesn't seem correct to tighten it down the quarter inch gap that is showing on the threads. If I did tighten it down it pulls the ramp to the left.
Am I missing something? Can someone provide pictures of their game please?

Stick a nut on it and it looks about like mine.

gnr_left_lanes (resized).jpggnr_left_lanes (resized).jpg
#23842 1 year ago

It's correct.

IMG_4414 - Copy (resized).jpegIMG_4414 - Copy (resized).jpeg
#23843 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for the pics!

#23844 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stick a nut on it and it looks about like mine.[quoted image]

I just lined my wire form up with the ball drops for each of the amp and gnr inlanes and tightened it down. This threw me off the first time.

Also PinMonk I noticed your rubber in that back sling where you have to install your air ball barrier is in a triangle and wrapped around that back post.
I recall way back that when I was doing that, that on the install putting everything back together rubber was really really tight in that configuration so I doubted it was correct and arrived at the conclusion it just goes across the two posts and not that one in the back post with red arrow shown in pic below.

Just mentioning it since you and I both like details and I'd like to know the correct way. I'm curious how others have theirs configured? Around just the front two posts? or is the rubber stretched around all three?

Edit: spspencer just posted a pic what I have and I believe it's the correct configuration. Only wraps around the front two posts.

Not correct in this pic
Screenshot_20221224-064842 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221224-064842 (resized).png
Correct in this pic.
Screenshot_20221224-070611 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221224-070611 (resized).png

#23845 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I just lined my wire form up with the ball drops for each of the amp and gnr inlanes and tightened it down. This threw me off the first time.
Also PinMonk I noticed your rubber in that back sling where you have to install your air ball barrier is in a triangle and wrapped around that back post.
I recall way back that when I was doing that, that on the install putting everything back together rubber was really really tight in that configuration so I doubted it was correct and arrived at the conclusion it just goes across the two posts and not that one in the back post with red arrow shown in pic below.
Just mentioning it since you and I both like details and I'd like to know the correct way. I'm curious how others have theirs configured? Around just the front two posts? or is the rubber stretched around all three?
[quoted image]

Mine is only on the two posts as well .
And Merry Christmas to everyone , may all your song jackpots and hi-scores wishes come true

IMG20221225001414 (resized).jpgIMG20221225001414 (resized).jpgIMG20221225001529 (resized).jpgIMG20221225001529 (resized).jpg
#23846 1 year ago

Just wanted to wish y'all a Merry Christmas! I got my first pin this year, and I know next to nothing about these machines, but this community - specifically the GNR owners in this thread here - have been so welcoming and helpful to me (even as I navigate the most basic of pinball repairs). The deal I made with my wife was that if the machine ever was broken for an extended period of time, we'd sell it rather than have it sit there unused and taking up space, so I appreciate the help more than you know!

I'm sure several of you guys know what I'm talking about when I say that I'm still in awe that I get to have a pinball machine in my own home. It's to the point where I've told my wife I don't particularly want anything expensive for Christmas this year, because I'm still so thankful that I have this machine. Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Jayson

#23847 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

It's to the point where I've told my wife I don't particularly want anything expensive for Christmas this year, because I'm still so thankful that I have this machine. Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Jayson

I'm the same , I've told my wife not to get anything because I was happy with this game . She's still does get me stuff but I honestly don't want anything .
I've been in a few owners threads but this is by far the best , everyone is happy to help and tries to support each other .

#23848 1 year ago

True true. For me the honeymoon never wore off. I never thought I would own a pinball machine until GNR promo crossed my phone December 30th, 2020. I said wtf and went straight to JJP and gave him a deposit online. Called later that week and said when would it ship? Lol. Never heard of pinside ...didn't know that people have to wait for these things. And for me that wait was 11 months!

Finally November 21 it arrived! What a masterpiece. I always said I was a one-pin guy. Then Rush came out. My favorite band. Lurking in the owners forum watching some streams I realized this was a special pinball machine too. I figured out how I could squeeze one more in ordered it and got it set up one week ago today. It's so complimentary to GNR because it's a different manufacturer, my first stern, and it's a totally different experience. It almost feels more like a pinball machine in a more traditional way that I'm used to. Whereas GNR feels like an experience from another world! Best pin ever.
It was rough having the conversation with my wife, but she is the best even if she doesn't understand me most of the time. Two pins is my limit. I don't have any more space. I promise. Merry Christmas everybody! Thanks so much for supporting me on pinside and it has been an amazing first pin and pinside experience!

#23849 1 year ago

I echo the last three posts.GnR my first pin. Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the helpful info. I’m not a frequent poster as the info in this thread has covered the majority of any issues I’ve had w machine.
This pin is incredible. Love it. Bought it at end of august this year. Some of the best money I’ve ever spent and it led me to this forum!
Merry Christmas pinside and esp GnR folks.

#23850 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Edit: spspencer just posted a pic what I have and I believe it's the correct configuration. Only wraps around the front two posts.
Not correct in this pic
[quoted image]
Correct in this pic.
[quoted image]

It's been over a year since I did it, but if I remember right it was because I didn't have the correct size on hand, so I put it around the third post to take up the slack. That's the first and only rubber that broke on GnR so far. Broke within a month. Caught me off guard. That's why it's white rubber instead of the stock translucent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 477 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/477 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.