IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 569.
#12101 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

There's nothing to indicate that they have stopped adding washers and posts improvements. Latest shipments have shown these modification. What you may be referring to is a post of one request made to support for a may build that did not have these changes and they replied to this person due to supply chain issues they can't send parts and go source from Marco or pinball life.
As for the limited warranty, the may GNR manual is very limited compared to nov2020 version last year.
November
JJP’s Limited 90 Day Bumper to Post Warranty
What is covered on the game?
Our Bumper to Post“ Limited Warranty” covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for 90 days from the date of purchase written on your invoice. The LCD monitor will be covered for 1 year from the date of purchase written on your invoice.
What is not covered? Tax, labor, service calls, loss of income, negligence, misuse, abuse, alteration, modification, rust, warping, damage caused by electrical surge, intrusion of any liquid, fire, theft, acts of God,
improper repair, installation, testing and improper electrical connections, damaged caused by converting game from one region to another.
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Nov2020.pdf
May 2021
What is covered on the game?
Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (“Covered Parts”) from the date the machine is shipped to JJP’s authorized distributors
(or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the “Warranty Period”):
1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period – Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.
What is not covered on the game?
JJP’s Limited Warranty does not cover anything other than the Covered Parts during the Warranty Period. JJP’s Limited Warranty also does
not cover claims for Covered Parts arising from misuse, abuse, alteration or modification, rust, warping, damage caused by electrical surge, intrusion of any liquid, fire, theft, acts
of God, improper repair, installation, testing and improper electrical connections, or damage caused by converting game from one region to another.
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

Thanks, so it sounds like builds after May still have the extra/improved parts installed.

#12102 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Fortunately from the late zaphX, I recall there are methods to sourcing your spotlight servos, and broken parts needed can be "printed" from 3D printers (thingyverse.com ?). So I think JJ is sending the message loud and clear, that as of pins shipped starting May 2021, they want to focus only on initial task of building and shipping the pin and basically code updates, with a limited warranty only covering: 1. Printed circuit boards (game logic) for Sixty (60) Days and 2. LCD monitor for Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

I'm sorry may I ask what happened to zaphX???

#12103 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have to pick it up from the fed ex terminal.
Purchase price was free shipping to nearest terminal.

May I ask who you ordered it from?

#12104 2 years ago

Probably nothing bad, don’t worry. He deleted his Pinside account a month ago or so. He seemed a little fed up at the time, hopefully he’ll return one day.

Quoted from apinballwiz:

I'm sorry may I ask what happened to zaphX???

#12105 2 years ago
14BA15D0-E674-4F82-AC12-B5D94C99FCEC (resized).png14BA15D0-E674-4F82-AC12-B5D94C99FCEC (resized).png
#12106 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:I'm sorry may I ask what happened to zaphX???

Trolls .... Saw one this morning, in fact.

#12107 2 years ago

Anyone downloaded the new beta code? I keep getting a failed to verify error

#12108 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Anyone downloaded the new beta code? I keep getting a failed to verify error

Yes. No problem here.

Did you keep the coin door closed ?

LTG : )

#12109 2 years ago

More G&R finally arrived in the UK!

552EE750-DCC4-4CE2-8487-3ECAEA35A844 (resized).jpeg552EE750-DCC4-4CE2-8487-3ECAEA35A844 (resized).jpeg799B5F09-5189-4D2F-954A-40A694785DBD (resized).jpeg799B5F09-5189-4D2F-954A-40A694785DBD (resized).jpeg
#12110 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. No problem here.

Nope. I will try that. Thanks

#12111 2 years ago

My game is May 21 build..

Not played a game yet- game is up on its legs and I’ve put it in jukebox mode..

Over the next week or so:
Replace posts with larger WPC posts
Put washers under posts
Check coil stops
Install Cliffys

What else do I need to check?
Magnets?

Game arrives with silicone sling rubbers and upper playfield has silicone flipper rubber..
but lower normal rubbers..

#12112 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Put washers under posts
Check coil stops
Install Cliffys

Magnets?
Game arrives with silicone sling rubbers and upper playfield has silicone flipper rubber..

#12113 2 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Yes, but I will say that JJP's implementation in GnR isn't the best I've experienced. Seems weak to me, but I haven't tweaked it.

I agree with the other poster, the shaker on the CE is violent at Medium, I’d hate to feel High. Low is pretty good.

Quoted from websherpa:

I happen to have one of these for my vinyl setup that I can test on an LE. Did you outline where to hook it into the system? (I will also try and check your CE Posting, thank you!)

The reason I chose that preamp is because it has 3.5mm female in and out, and the soundbar has a 3.5mm in, so you can just plug it inline with any 3.5mm male to male headphone cable. But I haven’t dug into the backbox to see if the backbox speaker inputs are the same. So I guess it depends on the backbox speaker input.

#12114 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I agree with the other poster, the shaker on the CE feels violent at Medium, I’d hate to feel High. Low is pretty good.

The reason I chose that preamp is because it has 3.5mm female in and out, and the soundbar has a 3.5mm in, so you can just plug it inline with any 3.5mm male to male headphone cable. But I haven’t dug into the backbox to see if the backbox speaker inputs are the same. So I guess it depends on the backbox speaker input.

#12115 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Put washers under posts
Check coil stops
Install Cliffys
Magnets?

I’d change all rubbers to Titans while you are doing the washers and cliffy. Also change the flipper rubbers. Go through under the playfield and on the cabinet playfield guide rails and use a nut driver and screwdriver to check some random screws and nuts to make sure it’s all tight underneath.

Make sure all connections are good on the boards.

Then play the hell out of it.

#12117 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just downloaded with the door open. It verified, and then I told it to install, and also did that with the door open. No issues. It even remembered the score of the last game prior to update. I still lose the ball and big jackpots and still haven’t made it back to Desert Demolition to see how it is now.

#12118 2 years ago

Can you download the beta update via USB? My internet is down until Saturday at home, but I could download it on a thumb drive at work. Mobile Hotspot isn't working.

#12119 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Can you download the beta update via USB?

No.

#12120 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It even remembered the score of the last game prior to update.

It should remember everything.

#12121 2 years ago

Any word in desert demolition, you know, the mode that my freaking se cabinet art is based off?

Edit: sounds like this is now in the beta code? Can I download that via wifi?

#12122 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any word in desert demolition, you know, the mode that my freaking se cabinet art is based off?
Edit: sounds like this is now in the beta code? Can I download that via wifi?

Yes, you have to opt into the beta in the network settings and then you can. When I briefly played it yesterday, I don't think the light show on it was completed, but the mode does actual stuff now.

#12123 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes, you have to opt into the beta in the network settings and then you can. When I briefly played it yesterday, I don't think the light show on it was completed, but the mode does actual stuff now.

I just got my game recently and haven't hooked it up to the network yet. It is on my to do list for this weekend. I hope it is easy and I can figure out how to get the beta code loaded.

#12124 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I just got my game recently and haven't hooked it up to the network yet. It is on my to do list for this weekend. I hope it is easy and I can figure out how to get the beta code loaded.

It's easy. Hardest part is remembering your wifi password.

#12125 2 years ago

When playing the newest beta release, it seemed like when it was time to collect jackpot and end the song or add a ball and continue, that it was automatically taking the jackpot and ending the song without me making that choice... Seemed to happen within about 3 seconds of the countdown starting and on about 3-4 different songs. There was a song or two where it did let it countdown from 10 to 1, and let me make the choice myself. I'd add this to the beta chat but I didn't get in yet.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12126 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

When playing the newest beta release, it seemed like when it was time to collect jackpot and end the song or add a ball and continue, that it was automatically taking the jackpot and ending the song without me making that choice... Seemed to happen within about 3 seconds of the countdown starting and on about 3-4 different songs. There was a song or two where it did let it countdown from 10 to 1, and let me make the choice myself. I'd add this to the beta chat but I didn't get in yet.

Was it the applause jackpot? If the ball is in the scoop and that lights it gives it to you.

#12127 2 years ago

Still baffled by the scoring

185 song level
achieved multiple add a ball green scoop shots
Applause jackpot

Less than 10 million score...

#12128 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Was it the applause jackpot?

Yes. Each time it was applause jackpot. But it really seemed like it started to countdown and let me make the choice, then made it for me a few seconds into the countdown. I never noticed this prior to updating to the newest beta, on 200+ games. I don't think the ball was already in the scoop either, pretty sure I hit it in there each time when it lit.

#12129 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yes. Each time it was applause jackpot. But it really seemed like it started to countdown and let me make the choice, then made it for me a few seconds into the countdown. I never noticed this prior to updating to the newest beta, on 200+ games. I don't think the ball was already in the scoop either, pretty sure I hit it in there each time when it lit.

If applause JP is lit and then you hit the scoop, it definitely shouldn't countdown. That would be a bug. But if it's already in the scoop and applause JP lights, it'll go ahead and give it to you. That's normal.

#12130 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Still baffled by the scoring
185 song level
achieved multiple add a ball green scoop shots
Applause jackpot
Less than 10 million score...

Multiple band frenzies seems to be the key to a big jackpot. The fender patch helps a lot. I also try to get the Vader and Duff patches before starting a song.

#12131 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Multiple band frenzies seems to be the key to a big jackpot. The fender patch helps a lot. I also try to get the Vader and Duff patches before starting a song.

Don’t have the game yet, but if you start a song, can you then get the Vader and Duff patch and will that increase song total?

#12132 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Don’t have the game yet, but if you start a song, can you then get the Vader and Duff patch and will that increase song total?

Can't collect patches during songs.

#12133 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

If applause JP is lit and then you hit the scoop, it definitely shouldn't countdown.

I believe I answered “Yes” to your previous question incorrectly.

I don’t think applause jackpot was actually lit - the scoop was lit because I reached a certain point in the song. And then it gave me the choice if I wanted to cash out or add a ball - that’s when it chose to cash out for me, within about 3 of the 10 seconds of the countdown.

I’m about to play a few more rounds so I’ll report back. Maybe I bumped the action button without realizing it.

EDIT - played a few more rounds, not having that alleged issue now. My bad.

#12134 2 years ago

I wish somewhere on the main LCD, besides once into the song, showed your song level as you're accumulating it

Giving you something to work towards

It would be less of a guessing game

#12135 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I wish somewhere on the main LCD, besides once into the song, showed your song value as you're accumulating it

You mean the song LEVEL?

Pretty sure it's in status report, but I get what you're saying.

#12136 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You mean the song LEVEL?
Pretty sure it's in status report, but I get what you're saying.

Yes sir, apologies, on the road and my memory wasn't recalling correctly.

#12137 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

185 song level

I am new to the game but how do you build it that high? I have been in the low 100's but not close to that (I dont think as I recently figured out song levels)

#12138 2 years ago

If anyone thinks that installing the longer locking post alone would prevent the pooling and artwork tearing, let me dispel that fantasy. My GNR lane post has significant damage and it came from the factory with the longer locking post.

For those who attempted a repair on the upper playfield post - did you replace it with the longer locking post? Asking because it would involve taking off the upper playfield and removing all those wires which seems like a pretty time intensive task. Would just ironing the pooled area and adding the larger washer likely be enough?

Thanks

#12139 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am new to the game but how do you build it that high? I have been in the low 100's but not close to that (I dont think as I recently figured out song levels)

Get all the multiballs and their respective jackpots before starting a song

#12140 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

If anyone thinks that installing the longer locking post alone would prevent the pooling and artwork tearing, let me dispel that fantasy. My GNR lane post has significant damage and it came from the factory with the longer locking post.
For those who attempted a repair on the upper playfield post - did you replace it with the longer locking post? Asking because it would involve taking off the upper playfield and removing all those wires which seems like a pretty time intensive task. Would just ironing the pooled area and adding the larger washer likely be enough?
Thanks

Just curious, what is your games build date? Did the longer post also have a black plastic washer installed and is secured by a nylon nut?

#12141 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know he didn't seem to like the near constant playfield issue discussions that were going on

Some of the posts were personal towards him. Not all playfield type.

I think he finally realized, "I don't need this".

A shame. He provided good help.

#12142 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just curious, what is your games build date? Did the longer post also have a black plastic washer installed and is secured by a nylon nut?

February.
No black washer factory installed (I added it today).
Yes nylon nut was factory installed.

#12143 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Thanks

I had pretty bad pooling on that post too. The longer locking post wasn't added there though. Those were added to the ones with t-nuts - upper playfield and by the axl lanes.

On the upper playfield, I would not add the longer post. I think ironing and larger washer would be enough. I have one with the longer post installed from the factory and I actually wish they didn't do that. I'd like to take off the post and add a washer and/or mylar, but I can't get to it without taking off the upper playfield.

#12144 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Some of the posts were personal towards him. Not all playfield type.
I think he finally realized, "I don't need this".
A shame. He provided good help.

Yes he did, I hope he comes back. He contributed a lot to the site and helped a lot of people.

#12146 2 years ago

I’ve seen a few posts about “bulletproofing” or clearly identifying certain posts as “problems.”

As of now, there is no solution And no fix from the factory. They’re trying some things, but nobody has found a proven 100% solution. There is zero proof the games coming off the line now are any better than January.

If you get pooling, you can flatten it back out until it cracks. Use an iron, or gently apply pressure with a PETG washer. Once it’s flat again, Mylar and PETG or Cliffy’s carbon fiber.

Over tightening a post will cause pooling.

Quoted from adrock:

Thanks

#12147 2 years ago

Double post.

#12148 2 years ago

I think you need the longer post to accommodate the thicker PETG washers.

Personally I’m going with a longer shaft t-nut (7/16), the longer post, a modified t-nut (no spikes) from the top, the petg washer and the pl silicone washers. Maybe overkill, but it should eliminate all movement from heavy strikes which those problem posts get.

If that doesn’t work I’m giving up.

#12149 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:My buddy and I both ordered two LE in Oct .
Shipping Friday .

Thank you for sharing. Gives reference to where production is currently.

#12150 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think you need the longer post to accommodate the thicker PETG washers.
Personally I’m going with a longer shaft t-nut (7/16), the longer post, a modified t-nut (no spikes) from the top, the petg washer and the pl silicone washers. Maybe overkill, but it should eliminate all movement from heavy strikes which those problem posts get.
If that doesn’t work I’m giving up.

Is there a reason to use silicon washers and the petg?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/243 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.