797FEC07-F097-4740-9524-C5170A344D48 (resized).jpeg
53F1D446-EA23-4B69-8E12-1FE0E84D2012 (resized).jpeg
35066910-17CE-4525-A810-747DCC577AC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220118_224013 (resized).jpg
20220117_184418 (resized).jpg
20220117_184359 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220117-154118_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

62 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 19,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 392.
#18101 51 days ago

Replaced my broken off end of stroke switch from my left flipper today. Damn when i hold the old and the new one next to each other i am missing a rather big chunk of the leafspring. While i was ordering the replacement switch i also got myself a present with the ramp signs. They were easy as heck to install. Just slide them on the ramps and are looking great. Glad i can finally attack some challenges on scorbit again.

20211130_173100 (resized).jpg20211130_174223 (resized).jpg20211130_181034 (resized).jpg20211130_181045 (resized).jpg
#18102 51 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I heard back from pinballmodz. He's sold out of his two batches (and has a wait list for people who flake) and doesn't plan on making anymore units. Maybe finishing up your project makes more sense?

Wow, that's weird. Why would he abandon it at this point after having custom boards made? Too much work for not enough profit? Some technical problem with too much power draw (he talks about the controller getting "very warm")? Or maybe something else. It just seems strange to abandon a project he has people lined up to buy.

#18103 51 days ago

Sorry for what may be a dumb shaker question - there are two wires coming off the shaker, one yellow and one yellow w/ black stripe. Is it safe to assume the wire with the black stripe is negative? Going to attempt to install a speed controller board someone posted about earlier in order to better control/tame the shaker and don't want to screw it up. Thanks.

#18104 51 days ago

So I have no friends … at least none that have a GNR on Scorbit . I’d love to see what challenges are all about. So if anyone is looking for a quality Scorbit friend feel free to challenge HornerSyndrome I’ve only had the game 2 weeks and can only play occasionally as I have two young boys - 1 and 3. Love it so far! Game on!

#18105 51 days ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

So I have no friends … at least none that have a GNR on Scorbit . I’d love to see what challenges are all about. So if anyone is looking for a quality Scorbit friend feel free to challenge HornerSyndrome I’ve only had the game 2 weeks and can only play occasionally as I have two young boys - 1 and 3. Love it so far! Game on!

Don't see this username.

#18106 51 days ago

I'll be back home tomorrow

prepare to be annihilated Mr Horner
haha ....

RA77 is my handle,

Cmon guys, the more challenges the better.
Once Jay gets the app firing on all cylinders should be awesome fun.

Screenshot_20211201-073858_Scorbit (resized).jpg

#18107 51 days ago

I too do not have any friends on Scorebit yet, so I'd love to jump on the challenge bandwagon! Similarly to HornerSyndrome, I don't get to play as often as I'd like but if anyone is up for some friendly action shoot "ballsofsteel" a challenge request!

#18108 51 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The album modes and especially Slash Solo needs refactoring. They are an absolute waste of time.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the Slash Solo as well as some of the other modes as Tear Down the Wall, Desert Race, even Tour Multi-ball seem to be a way to prevent a player from completing more songs and therefore a lower score. Today, I started by holding on the ball during Slash Solo and letting the timer run out. So far, a better score.

#18109 51 days ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the Slash Solo as well as some of the other modes as Tear Down the Wall, Desert Race, even Tour Multi-ball seem to be a way to prevent a player from completing more songs and therefore a lower score. Today, I started by holding on the ball during Slash Solo and letting the timer run out. So far, a better score.

At this point I can’t think of a more frustrating thing than when I see Slash Solo start flashing. This mode must be made to stack with normal gameplay. It should also just start when ready. No need to hit scoop to activate it. We have to hit the scoop enough during normal gameplay

#18110 51 days ago

I've never seen Tour multiball on my mahine in a year, and left orbit is one of my favourite shots. How many times do you have to hit the bastard?

#18111 51 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've never seen Tour multiball on my mahine in a year, and left orbit is one of my favourite shots. How many times do you have to hit the bastard?

I haven't seen it in a long while myself. What you have to do:

- Hit TRAVEL shots (there are 3) until you're "On the Road"
- When you're On the Road, hit all 3 travel shots before the timer expires (I believe the poster patch lengthens this)
- Hit the (now) lit travel shot
- Hit the scoop to start it

It's one of my favorite modes.

#18112 51 days ago

I'm guessing this is a No, but is there a setting to disable the guitar twang sound that plays whenever a ball is added during the song modes? I find it really disrupts the rhythm of the song and is not necessary since it's obvious when a ball is added.

#18113 51 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm guessing this is a No, but is there a setting to disable the guitar twang sound that plays whenever a ball is added during the song modes? I find it really disrupts the rhythm of the song and is not necessary since it's obvious when a ball is added.

That sound effect EVERY TIME reminds me of the Howard Stern news guy that cut a fart on the air not realizing his mike was live. It's the one they mixed into various songs like For Those About to Rock to hilarious effect.

Someone recorded it. They integrate it into a bunch of songs, but the AC/DC one is at the end:

#18114 51 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I’m not even sure what twang you are talking about, but there are sound settings to lower sound effects, adjust call outs, music levels, etc… I played with my settings maybe that’s why I don’t remember it?

#18115 51 days ago

deejaypee coming at you homes. I’ve added you and you best believe you’ll have a very low score to deal with soon! I get to play up to five games a day if I steal away to the machine judiciously and don't leave the laundry unfolded

#18116 50 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I too do not have any friends on Scorebit yet, so I'd love to jump on the challenge bandwagon! Similarly to HornerSyndrome, I don't get to play as often as I'd like but if anyone is up for some friendly action shoot "ballsofsteel" a challenge request!

HornerSyndrome and atg1469 sent each one of you a challenge… well, not sure my scores qualify as a “challenge” to most here but a challenge non the less.

#18117 50 days ago

Thanks guys! Looking forward to some challenges!
Now I just got to replace both of my vertical spotlight servos.
I think I F-ed them up when I did the trimming the arm per JJP bulletin so they wouldn’t break. Irony is now the vertical servo doesn’t work and I think I messed up the calibration when I moved the orientation to get access to the arm to trim. Should I just disconnect them until I get replacements if the calibration and vertical servos don’t work so I don’t mess them up more?

#18118 50 days ago

It arrived today, so good, yet to dial in.

Occasionally getting balls stuck under left return ramp

#18119 50 days ago

I added a bunch of you guys in Scorbit today... challenges will come later today if I can manage to have a decent game. In the meantime, feel free to send challenges that you should expect to win to me at AJP.

#18120 50 days ago
Quoted from DKong:

Congrats Kong .
Are you talking about the balls being stuck under the diverter on the left ramp .
I'm having the same issue .
If so , I'm assuming you loosen what ever bolt and raise it a bit , and then tighten back up .

#18121 50 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I added a bunch of you guys in Scorbit today... challenges will come later today if I can manage to have a decent game. In the meantime, feel free to send challenges that you should expect to win to me at AJP.

Please add me too if you haven't parsonsaj! My Scorbit name is: jonesjb

#18122 50 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I don't know many people either so just followed both yourself and hornersyndrome. I'm plain old TEZ

#18123 50 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Tomorrow’s breakfast
[quoted image]

Last post & visit from the cave boy 18 days ago.... ?!
Maybe Grumpy had HIM for breakfast?

#18124 50 days ago

So, is Scorebit automatically on my machine if it's been updated? Do I have to turn it on in the settings? Etc....
I'm thinking about jumping into the fray

#18125 50 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I haven't seen it in a long while myself. What you have to do:
- Hit TRAVEL shots (there are 3) until you're "On the Road"
- When you're On the Road, hit all 3 travel shots before the timer expires (I believe the poster patch lengthens this)
- Hit the (now) lit travel shot
- Hit the scoop to start it
It's one of my favorite modes.

Crank the left orbit shot then inner loop continuously with right upper flipper. You'll get it easily after a few hits

#18126 50 days ago
Quoted from DKong:

It's the diverter. Two screws on it adjust the height. I had a hell of a time getting it high enough to not trap balls and low enough to not bang the ramp. I gave up and raised it all the way, changed the diverter raise strength to lowest setting and attached a cushion under the ramp.

#18127 50 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

So, is Scorebit automatically on my machine if it's been updated? Do I have to turn it on in the settings? Etc....
I'm thinking about jumping into the fray

Yes it's there and it's free so far.

#18128 50 days ago

I did a search on this, but couldn't get a definitive answer. Can one purchase an LE and mod it to include the lighting that would be in a CE? I really love the idea of a ton of lights. I get that it doesn't make it an official CE. Just want to have the experience. Of course just getting one of these machines now sounds near impossible.

Good for Jack though. His company really made a fun machine.

For now I will just play it at a local establishment that isn't too far from the house!

Dave

#18129 50 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I did a search on this, but couldn't get a definitive answer. Can one purchase an LE and mod it to include the lighting that would be in a CE? I really love the idea of a ton of lights.

You can add PinStadiums to enhance the lights, or integrate (DIY posts on here) LED on your own backbox/under cab & sync with the hotrails, but otherwise not exactly.

Of course just getting one of these machines now sounds near impossible.

ebay.com link:

Not impossible.

#18130 50 days ago

I did a search on this, but couldn't get a definitive answer. Can one purchase an LE and mod it to include the lighting that would be in a CE? I really love the idea of a ton of lights. I get that it doesn't make it an official CE. Just want to have the experience. Of course just getting one of these machines now sounds near impossible.
For now I will just play it at a local establishment that isn't too far from the house!
Dave

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121859

#18131 50 days ago

My wife would leave me. All I would have left would be this pin.

#18132 50 days ago

Can one purchase an LE and mod it to include the lighting that would be in a CE?

The LE does have all of the lighting that is *in* a CE.

The additional CE lighting is under the cab and behind the backbox.

#18133 50 days ago

My wife would leave me. All I would have left would be this pin.

Ah, I misunderstood your "impossible" comment. I thought it was because you couldn't find one, not because you would be divorced and alone.
LOL.

#18134 50 days ago

I've heard her say 'On the road' heaps of times, but i'm afraid 8 dedicated shots with a timer is why i'll never see it.

Thanks for the info anyway.

#18135 50 days ago

Hi all i have just ordered an GnRLE in the UK which has a delivery estimate of March 22 does anyone know if there has been any changes to the manufacturing process or parts to prevent the playfield damage around the posts on the games are being produced now on in future?

#18136 50 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Tomorrow’s breakfast
[quoted image]

Chaka where are you brother? … has been a while man.

#18137 50 days ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Hi all i have just ordered an GnRLE in the UK which has a delivery estimate of March 22 does anyone know if there has been any changes to the manufacturing process or parts to prevent the playfield damage around the posts on the games are being produced now on in future?

Can't speak to any changes to the manufacturing process, but JJP is using thicker posts and washers where they deem necessary. Haven't seen anyone posting pf issues recently and my Oct build was excellent. You should be fine.

#18138 50 days ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

I hear it's better anecdotally, but JJP to my knowledge has never admitted playfield quality is or was an issue. Therefore they will never admit to a change which would then force them to acknowledge faulty playfields. And thus potentially open them up to being responsible to replace all the faulty ones.

#18139 50 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I hear it's better anecdotally, but JJP to my knowledge has never admitted playfield quality is or was an issue. Therefore they will never admit to a change which would then force them to acknowledge faulty playfields. And thus potentially open them up to being responsible to replace all the faulty ones.

Sad but true.

#18140 50 days ago

Dave

Kind of. The CE lighting is mostly (entirely?) just additional lights on the back of the backbox and under the cabinet synced to the hotrails. Someone has detailed how to add that so you end up close to the CE effect.

If you click on "Topic Index" at the top of any page in this thread, then click on "Keypost summary" to sort by entry name, look for the MOD:Cabinet section on that keypost listing. There's a link there in the MOD section to the post about how to set up DIY cabinet lighting to mimic the CE.

#18141 50 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kind of. The CE lighting is mostly (entirely?) just additional lights on the back of the backbox and under the cabinet synced to the hotrails. Someone has detailed how to add that so you end up close to the CE effect.
If you click on "Topic Index" at the top of any page in this thread, then click on "Keypost summary" to sort by entry name, look for the MOD:Cabinet section on that keypost listing. There's a link there in the MOD section to the post about how to set up DIY cabinet lighting to mimic the CE.

Hey Vic,
Just to clarify, CE cab lighting is stand alone.
I believe that some modders have used the hotrail data to drive external cab lights.

The lighting coders at JJP have done the most incredible work. Super creative and the greatest wow factor lighting in pinball of all time.

#18142 50 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've heard her say 'On the road' heaps of times, but i'm afraid 8 dedicated shots with a timer is why i'll never see it.
Thanks for the info anyway.

If memory serves correctly, here’s how it works:
• each loop shot will advance one city on the insert matrix.
• after you complete a certain amount of cities, all progress will be halted and ‘on the road’ will begin.
• on the road is a timed mode to make all (3) loop shots. If you make all (3) and there’s time remaining, you can hit the flashing loop shot to start a second wave of on the road.
• once timer ends, you can hit loops again to progress cities towards tour and the next ‘on the road’ times mode.
• I want to say there’s (3) on the road stops/modes before finally making it to tour? I could be wrong.
• you cannot progress cities during a song

> you do not need to make any ‘on the road’ shots to progress towards tour multiball.
> I believe, and I could be wrong (wouldn’t be first time), on the road shots are counted towards your tour multiball jackpot values.
> fastest way to tour is making repetitive upper loop shots until ‘on the road’ is started.
> collecting sunglasses patch will award a city (or 2? I forgot)

#18143 50 days ago

Thanks but i'm hit and hope. No chance of me doing all that on purpose from memory unless i had a wingman calling shots for me.

This whole game is written only for people who can learn complex rules. It's just not fun for a below average player.

No fun at all, mines gone down the back and will eventually be on the block.

Hear that keefer?

NoFuckingFunPunkin

#18144 50 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks but i'm hit and hope. No chance of me doing all that on purpose from memory unless i had a wingman calling shots for me.
This whole game is written only for people who can learn complex rules. It's just not fun for a below average player.
No fun at all, mines gone down the back and will eventually be on the block.
Hear that keefer?
NoFuckingFunPunkin

Ha! If you think these rules are too complicated. Avoid GZ.

#18145 50 days ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Ha! If you think these rules are too complicated. Avoid GZ.

AIQ has been the hardest Stern for me to learn ever. 600 games in and I am only just starting to click with the rule set. I am looking forward to learning GunnersLE. I think GunnersLE is one of the best looking pinball machines ever made. punkin happily brought his LE along to Pinfest in Newcastle to share the game with everyone. I could not stop admiring the game and how good it looked in person.

#18146 50 days ago

Deadpool was my first machine and i haven't bothered learning how the team ups work. Attack From Mars is about my mental challenge level.

Look at the Hobbit, still has 51 modes or something and no-one except the coder knows exactly how they all fit together, but the game is still fun to shoot, and fun to play. the basics are easy to understand and you don't have to get into adjoining modes to have fun or to score reasonably.

GmnR is not like that. If you don't want to learn patches etc, you'll be down in the sub 20m scores.

I understand that not every machine has to be targetted at sub par players to have fun as well, but sometimes i think that coders forget about us.

#18147 50 days ago

Dave

I love tons of lights too. Here's the video I made on how to DIY the cabinet and back box lighting tied into the hot rails:

And here it is in action:

#18148 50 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Deadpool was my first machine and i haven't bothered learning how the team ups work. Attack From Mars is about my mental challenge level.

The Deadpool team ups are simple and extremely effective. Just spam the shot that has the insert on it for the character you want to make available until you get that character, then in a battle hit that character's shot to add them to the battle. Increases your damage per round because you have a helper.

#18149 50 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Deadpool team ups are simple and extremely effective. Just spam the shot that has the insert on it for the character you want to make available until you get that character, then in a battle hit that character's shot to add them to the battle. Increases your damage per round because you have a helper.

Yeah i know roughly how it works, but it takes away from my enjoyment to keep up with it.

Drugs, booze and hard living have had their way with me.

#18150 50 days ago

Knock on the the noggin.
Haha
Love it.
Thanks Scorbit and team for the fun and creative achievement naming conventions, so cool.

I really want to play coma all the way through, keep choking

Just got home and had a quick 2 game session got 2 of my favorites songs, out ta get me and live n let die.
Man this game is the best !

Screenshot_20211202-081342_Scorbit (resized).jpg

There are 19,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 392.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside