20220114_161605 (resized).jpg
20220114_161555 (resized).jpg
20220114_161642 (resized).jpg
20220116_194608 (resized).jpg
gnr (resized).png
62FD48B5-460F-41BC-A717-378F6FAD3392 (resized).jpeg
E1801488-F481-457E-B5F7-CD85A28850CF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

62 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 19,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 391.
#8651 8 months ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Anyone having issues with the decals on the side of the machine coming off or wrinkling? The decal on my right side is starting to wrinkle near the flipper button, which sucks
[quoted image]

Nope. Maybe try a hairdryer and credit card.

Im have some playfield wrinkling infront of the left inlane post and axel lane posts. JJP sent me some plastic donuts.

#8652 8 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Excellent! Glad it works for others and I didn't just get lucky. Yes might be worth making a key post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/173#post-6244802

Crap, I have to walk back my "It works" comment - I'm back to hanging up there.

I tried the foam on the skirt trick...I'll have to stick with that for now as it won't even let me place the ball manually in that pocket.

It's a pretty sticky adhesive so I hope it staysin place.

#8653 8 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Unsightly//lol / I dunno , rather have the foam then have to unstick mylar off the playfield any day IMHO
Anyway glad it can be fixed w/o ordering or sending anything .
I also made my own Deflector with some extra plastic protectors for sttng for the Airballs left side which all you need is a big enough piece of plastic some heat and you are done
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well, the mylar stopped working, or maybe it never did and I was just lucky...anyways, using foam now and it is preventing the hangup, you're right..can't really see it.

#8654 8 months ago

...and there goes my 2nd Spotlight

within 3 games of the right one breaking...

This one didn't crack the servo arm, but it's moving very erratically and the servo is emitting a high pitch whine and grinding noise. It won't test properly either

My Distro is on it. He's awesome

I'm just chalking this up to a bad batch of parts and I drew the short straw.. I know JJP will make good on it!

#8655 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Any fix for this?

This isn’t the issue. Pinmonk is just speculating.

The next switch hit can’t be the same. Which means if you have a ball in the scoop when the scoop lites you need to hit another switch before the scoop can register again.

#8656 8 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This isn’t the issue. Pinmonk is just speculating.
The next switch hit can’t be the same. Which means if you have a ball in the scoop when the scoop lites you need to hit another switch before the scoop can register again.

Unless I misunderstood, I'm pretty sure he was talking about hitting a lit empty scoop and getting a reject and kickout almost immediately.

#8657 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

...and there goes my 2nd Spotlight
within 3 games of the right one breaking...
This one didn't crack the servo arm, but it's moving very erratically and the servo is emitting a high pitch whine and grinding noise. It won't test properly either
My Distro is on it. He's awesome
I'm just chalking this up to a bad batch of parts and I drew the short straw.. I know JJP will make good on it!

Just had my left one go tonight as well. Gear not engaging however hear the motor. Must be stripped

#8658 8 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just had my left one go tonight as well. Gear not engaging however hear the motor. Must be stripped

Rats, sorry you had to join the club

#8659 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well, the mylar stopped working, or maybe it never did and I was just lucky...anyways, using foam now and it is preventing the hangup, you're right..can't really see it.

Sorry to hear. One other did at the same time as adding the Mylar was touching a small dab of Super Lube to the ends of the gate so it had less friction opening. The solution on my pin may have been a combination of both.

#8660 8 months ago

JJP finally sent me a replacement spotlight after two months... works fine so far... but right after I installed it, the other light’s servo stopped working! Sounds like these have issues. They are super cool, hope they don’t go the way of the flying monkey...

I did notice that the replacement servo is white, whereas the original was black, so maybe it’s a different stock.

And yeah, it’s a super easy replacement once the playfield is up. Two screws and three connectors, all readily accessible (at least for the left spot).

#8661 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’ll also point out that on one occasion I tried to quickly hit the action button, before the ball ejected from the scoop, to change the song and the game reset. It has only done this once. Code 1.21

I can get this to happen every time (1.19 and 1.21). At tank hitting action button and the left/right flipper buttons before song starts. Reset

#8662 8 months ago
Quoted from jints56:

I can get this to happen every time (1.19 and 1.21). At tank hitting action button and the left/right flipper buttons before song starts. Reset

Are you saying the reset happens when you simultaneously hit the action button with a flipper button at the same time?

In my case, my friend was playing when I hit the action button for him. I’m not sure if he was also holding a flipper button

#8663 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!! So close to number 666. But if you ad 3 + 3 thats six, and since there are 2 3's...
[quoted image][quoted image]

My LE is 662. So far my spotlights are working. I feel like it’s a ticking time bomb. I made sure there is enough slack in the wires before playing it.

#8664 8 months ago

Being an owner of a Rick and Morty, I think the Guns and Roses callouts that follow after completely flubbing a song are way too kind. I want some ridicule!

#8665 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

My LE is 662. So far my spotlights are working. I feel like it’s a ticking time bomb. I made sure there is enough slack in the wires before playing it.

I checked the slack on mine, both spots are fine, that wasn’t my issue.

#8666 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Are you saying the reset happens when you simultaneously hit the action button with a flipper button at the same time?
In my case, my friend was playing when I hit the action button for him. I’m not sure if he was also holding a flipper button

The sequence for me is hit action button when tank appears and the immediately hit left then right flipper. I’m guessing maybe you friend happened to be hitting flippers when you hit action button.

#8667 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

What's funny is I just checked my slack prior to them malfunctioning. I think it is servo related though, and something in those servos caused pressure on the arm linkage.

Question for you...if you run a spotlight device test, do you hear any grinding or (best way to describe the sound) sizzling after the servo has moved into it's target position? Mine both had very strange noise coming them, and not just the mechanical whirr of the servo but a sound that lingered long after it stopped moving.

#8668 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm trying to find the best black mirror blades in Oz . If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know .

Have you tried Kurt at KJS Pinball in Brisbane?

#8669 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What's funny is I just checked my slack prior to them malfunctioning. I think it is servo related though, and something in those servos caused pressure on the arm linkage.
Question for you...if you run a spotlight device test, do you hear any grinding or (best way to describe the sound) sizzling after the servo has moved into it's target position? Mine both had very strange noise coming them, and not just the mechanical whirr of the servo but a sound that lingered long after it stopped moving.

Yes, my machine is new (unboxed last week - maybe 100 games or so). My right spotlight does what you are describing. It works but I know exactly what you are talking about. Wires aren’t bound up. I need to take a closer look and report back. It doesn’t seem to have quite the same range of motion as the left spotlight but it still works in all four directions. I’ll report back with any updates

#8670 8 months ago

Okay, another item on the glitch list...

My right orbit has sucked out of the box, constant hangups and weird flow into the pops...well today I noticed there is a one way gate there but it was stuck open...lifting theplayfield to unjam it, I noticed that the protective clear shielding on my drumsticks is peeling away and the hanging adhesive is binding the gate hinge and locking it in the up position...

Ugh...I know NIB headaches but this is getting ridiculous...Last night, my left flipper coil stop completely flew off and landed in my coinbox, luckily nothing broke but I'm scared to play it now, feels like I'm finding a new issue every day

I know thats nott the case but just feels that was...okay done venting

So I'm, torn, remove the drumsticks myself and put a couple dabs of glue down to hold the lamination in place or contact distro for new drumsticks

20210425_100005 (resized).jpg

#8671 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Not at the same time though maybe it could also trigger the reset as we weren’t trying that on Jints56. Tank on screen, action button then left flipper then right flipper quickly = reset. I’m the goof that didn’t know what I was doing and triggered it then Jints debugged the actual sequence after I did it a second time

#8672 8 months ago

Okay, had to take the sticks off to get a better look...

it's both stick and both adhesive coming apart...this was hangin my ball gate up rejecting my right orbit shots

20210425_102202 (resized).jpg20210425_102208 (resized).jpg20210425_102229 (resized).jpg
#8673 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

My right orbit has sucked out of the box, constant hangups and weird flow into the pops...well today I noticed there is a one way gate there but it was stuck open...lifting theplayfield to unjam it, I noticed that the protective clear shielding on my drumsticks is peeling away and the hanging adhesive is binding the gate hinge and locking it in the up position...
Ugh...I know NIB headaches but this is getting ridiculous...Last night, my left flipper coil stop completely flew off and landed in my coinbox, luckily nothing broke but I'm scared to play it now, feels like I'm finding a new issue every day
So I'm, torn, remove the drumsticks myself and put a couple dabs of glue down to hold the lamination in place or contact distro for new drumsticks
[quoted image]

All my coil stops needed tightening. Before playing I went through and was able to tighten them up. I was able to turn them almost 1/2 turn. I probably should have used some thread lock

#8674 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

All my coil stops needed tightening. Before playing I went through and was able to tighten them up. I was able to turn them almost 1/2 turn. I probably should have used some thread lock

They have lock washers, probably tightening is sufficient. Remember you do need to be able to remove them at some point to change sleeves (and eventually, flipper assemblies.)

#8675 8 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Yes, my machine is new (unboxed last week - maybe 100 games or so). My right spotlight does what you are describing. It works but I know exactly what you are talking about. Wires aren’t bound up. I need to take a closer look and report back. It doesn’t seem to have quite the same range of motion as the left spotlight but it still works in all four directions. I’ll report back with any updates

Thanks, yes my right range of motion was limited as well but it may be calibrated that way being close to the side stage/right ramp

#8676 8 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone make molded characters for the stage on the standard version? I was hoping to find something to replace the 2 plastic characters

I had this made to replace Axl but because Axl appears to be attached with a rivet not a screw, I put it over the scoop.

Also, in the second picture you can see I added a second larger rubber to the spinning disk as it makes it a lot easier to hit.

4E72F643-B319-43DD-BBCF-B4333A892D59 (resized).jpegB6A06865-F92B-4CB2-9FF8-6FC762AB4C91 (resized).jpeg

#8677 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

That sucks. Definitely contact your distributor. I believe my distributor sent me a tech bulletin on flipper coil assembly screws about checking to be sure they were tightened on a certain batch of games (or something along those lines).

#8678 8 months ago

so I got my LE yesterday and like some others I have balls constantly getting stuck in the pops. Most of the time its on the right when it tries to get back into the right orbit. I dont believe its the rubber by the pops causing the issue. I actually think its that metal "gate?" type piece that is suppossed to move when the ball goes through. Whats the fix?

20210424_201850557_iOS (resized).jpg20210424_202119484_iOS (resized).jpg
#8679 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so I got my LE yesterday and like some others I have balls constantly getting stuck in the pops. Most of the time its on the right when it tries to get back into the right orbit. I dont believe its the rubber by the pops causing the issue. I actually think its that metal "gate?" type piece that is suppossed to move when the ball goes through. Whats the fix?[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm willing to bet you have the same issue I just literally have fixed...It looks like from your pic, hard to tell but the hinge is getting hung up on the mylar coming away from the drumstick underneath. See my photos above...I had to raise the playfield vertically to see mine hanging

I had to remove the drumsticks and the drumstick circuit board bracket and add 2 strips of mylar to each side as superglue will not work...see my finished sticks below this post
Screenshot 2021-04-25 122916 (resized).jpg

20210425_100005 (resized).jpg

#8680 8 months ago

ugh that sounds like a lot! Ill investigate more today as Im going to clean and wax anyways. Also got stranger things LE the day before so lots of cleaning/waxing going on

#8681 8 months ago

Heres my finished re-mylar job: I had to remove the 3 screws holding the drumsticks and the 2 holding the small circuit board bracket to give room to work and get a good covering of the new mylar

Superglue WILL NOT bond the adhesive and actually the mylar turned out to be a more pro factory look.

Here's the before and after
20210425_102208 (resized).jpg20210425_122709 (resized).jpg

#8682 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ugh that sounds like a lot! Ill investigate more today as Im going to clean and wax anyways. Also got stranger things LE the day before so lots of cleaning/waxing going on

Actually a 5 minute job once I found the culprit...I'd rather it be this though than something with the orbit or guiderail

#8683 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Heres my finished re-mylar job: I had to remove the 3 screws holding the drumsticks and the 2 holding the led bracket to give room to work and get a good covering of the new mylar
Superglue will not bond the adhesive and actually the mylar turned out to be a more pro factory look.
Here's the before and after[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same issue. I didn’t have mylar so I used some small pieces of tape. Seems to hold for now. We’ll see.

#8684 8 months ago

Where are you guys getting Mylar sheets to just have on hand? Any particular product? Something from Amazon?

#8685 8 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Where are you guys getting Mylar sheets to just have on hand?

http://pinrestore.com/Supplies.html scroll down a bit.

Art supply stores.

Etc. Etc.

LTG : )

#8686 8 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Where are you guys getting Mylar sheets to just have on hand? Any particular product? Something from Amazon?

I get mine here

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

It's cheap and good stuff, doesn't leave residue if removed and stays put

#8687 8 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I have the same issue. I didn’t have mylar so I used some small pieces of tape. Seems to hold for now. We’ll see.

I think they should have shrink wrapped the sticks with no seal line..It's just a matter of time with heat and humidity that the mylar will peel away and make the right orbit gate hang

#8688 8 months ago

Wow, this shoots like a new game now. My right orbit was jacked from the beginning because of the mylar/gate issue and I didn't realize it...I just thought I sucked and the right flow was just weird with random diverts into the pops..

Glad this turned out to be something small looking at it now.

Gotta love NIB - the first week I spend more time fixing and my own QC than playing...doesn't matter if it's Stern or JJP

#8689 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

I had the same issue I removed the drumsticks completely and sprayed 3 coats of matte polyurethane on them no signs of wear yet. I don’t think there will be much wear overtime it’s not like the ball falls very far onto them. And most drumsticks are solid hickory or maple which is a very hard wood.

#8690 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Actually a 5 minute job once I found the culprit...I'd rather it be this though than something with the orbit or guiderail

if anyone has any pics of what I should look for and what I should do Id appreciate it. thanks!

#8691 8 months ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

I had the same issue I removed the drumsticks completely and sprayed 3 coats of matte polyurethane on them no signs of wear yet. I don’t think there will be much wear overtime it’s not like the ball falls very far onto them. And most drumsticks are solid hickory or maple which is a very hard wood.

I always heard they were protected in the videos I watched and was always curious how they were going to do that. I guess there's no way to prevent adhesive failure. Wondering if the sticks should have been just tripple dipped in clearcoat from the factory, versus a wrap job

#8692 8 months ago

This picture summed it up in my above post, is that what you're asking

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/174#post-6246219

#8693 8 months ago

so that is mylar that has peeled away from the drumstick and is hanging?

#8694 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so that is mylar that has peeled away from the drumstick and is hanging?

Yes, it's a wrap around the stick, the seam is on the bottom of the stick where there is about a 5cm overlap .

Since I'm in Houston and it's relatively humid and around 55% in our house usually versus Chicago..I'm guessing that and time have just allowed the adhesive to lose it's bond...The mylar is pretty thick stuff too and has some spring to it, probably necessary for the ramp. The mylar I wrapped around the bottom was about a quarter to half of the circumference of the stick, enough to cover the seam on both sides and prevent it from lifting.

I would never have noticed it had it not been for the gate hanging...

Now I'm shooting that right orbit and it is SMOOTH

#8695 8 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yes, it's a wrap around the stick, the seam is on the bottom of the stick where there is about a 5cm overlap .
Since I'm in Houston and it's relatively humid and around 55% in our house usually versus Chicago..I'm guessing that and time have just allowed the adhesive to lose it's bond...The mylar is pretty thick stuff too and has some spring to it, probably necessary for the ramp. The mylar I wrapped around the bottom was about a quarter of the circumference of the stick, enough to cover the seam on both sides and prevent it from lifting.
I would never have notice it had it not been for the gate hanging...
Now I'm shooting that right orbit and it is SMOOTH

I lowered the pitch just a bit and it seems to be better for me. no mylar hanging from the sticks. Next question is wifi. My game wont find any wifi networks when there should be like 5 available. anything special to do?

#8696 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I lowered the pitch just a bit and it seems to be better for me. no mylar hanging from the sticks. Next question is wifi. My game wont find any wifi networks when there should be like 5 available. anything special to do?

That's good to hear..I'm right ont the second bubble which puts me between 6.5 and 6.8

As was as wifi...try to reset your router and then do a reboot...I was on version 1.19 from the factory and upgraded to 1.21 and now I'm running the beta build 6

You should also make sure the wifi usb mini connector is also fully inserted. Try to reinsert it with the machine one then try a reboot..
These aren't based off of experience, just from PC/usb behavior. I've had no issues with my wifi connection

#8697 8 months ago
Quoted from jints56:

Sound like a reproducible bug for pinball_keefer.

#8698 8 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Pinball Life sells sheets by the foot:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

#8699 8 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Usually there's a little bit inside the goodie bag.

#8700 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sound like a reproducible bug for pinball_keefer.

Yep. Sent him a message!

There are 19,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 391.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside