IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 569.
#23701 1 year ago

Gonna have to come out of the beta. My 6 year old son does not have the required patience when the game loses track of balls.. whatā€™s the easiest way to do this ?

#23702 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Gonna have to come out of the beta. My 6 year old son does not have the required patience when the game loses track of balls.. whatā€™s the easiest way to do this ?

Download the USB full install version, and plug in the USB thumb drive with the image installed on it, then turn on the pin and it should load the older version automatically.

Note that you need the full install zip image AND the ubootnetin program that takes that image and makes a bootable usb image from it.

#23703 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can you clarify a bit here?

Been running the beta (now b32, previous before) now for a while and no issues for me.

#23704 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Download the USB full install version, and plug in the USB thumb drive with the image installed on it, then turn on the pin and it should load the older version automatically.
Note that you need the full install zip image AND the ubootnetin program that takes that image and makes a bootable usb image from it.

Kenz Don't forget to back up your settings first if you want to keep your score, I've been told that a full load like that wipes everything

#23705 1 year ago

This was interesting.
Look who started following Elton John on Twitter.

2162FEA3-6293-4167-AE8D-43FCC4CFE90A (resized).png2162FEA3-6293-4167-AE8D-43FCC4CFE90A (resized).png
#23706 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This was interesting.
[quoted image]

Just in time for Elton to quit Twitter:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/elton-john-quits-twitter-2022-12-09/

#23707 1 year ago

Maybe a JJP reboot of Capt. Fantastic LOL.

My wife and I just saw him a few months ago

3A64AED0-117D-4E3F-ABF3-C3D659DCA298 (resized).jpeg3A64AED0-117D-4E3F-ABF3-C3D659DCA298 (resized).jpeg44600182-04AE-4B67-BB0F-3F06F170EA59 (resized).jpeg44600182-04AE-4B67-BB0F-3F06F170EA59 (resized).jpeg7337DACE-8C95-4397-840C-0DB53E56601C (resized).jpeg7337DACE-8C95-4397-840C-0DB53E56601C (resized).jpegBC4B3F8D-7EC4-4256-AE17-60235B9D6A85 (resized).jpegBC4B3F8D-7EC4-4256-AE17-60235B9D6A85 (resized).jpegBED3ED65-DD07-4CD7-B214-0B488BBC8E98 (resized).jpegBED3ED65-DD07-4CD7-B214-0B488BBC8E98 (resized).jpeg
#23708 1 year ago

Those with a more recent NIB LE, what number is your game? I wonder if they did end up making 5k of these as planned

#23709 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Maybe a JJP reboot of Capt. Fantastic LOL.
My wife and I just saw him a few months ago
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'd rather they just have all "eras" of Elton as modes or a progression or something. He has some very pinball-friendly theming.

But give me The Matrix from JJP, first.

#23710 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This was interesting.
[quoted image]

It's been a pretty solid rumor that Elton is Eric's next pin so this makes sense unless JJP is trolling.

On other breaking news, I ordered a Rush pro today.

#23711 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's been a pretty solid rumor that Elton is Eric's next pin so this makes sense unless JJP is trolling.

Elton John is rumored to be Steve Ritchie's next pin. Eric is working on The Godfather, according to the rumor mill.

#23712 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This was interesting.
[quoted image]

this will be a hard pass for me.

#23713 1 year ago

Dentist office rock would not be an exciting pin for me haha. Elton John, billy joel, steely Dan, ect - just not enough edge for pinball IMO. Ugh.

#23714 1 year ago

kinda hard for me to go from Guns 'n fucking Roses to Elton John. Might be a pass for me if so but gameplay could be solid. If it is gonna be the Matrix i hope they focus on the first trilogy or the complete story and not just part 4. That movie did nothing for me but bring the franchise down.

#23715 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Those with a more recent NIB LE, what number is your game? I wonder if they did end up making 5k of these as planned

Iā€™m #2133. 8/21 manufacturing date

#23716 1 year ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Elton John is rumored to be Steve Ritchie's next pin. Eric is working on The Godfather, according to the rumor mill.

If the rumours are true , Steve Ritchie left Stern because he couldn't get what he wanted because of the BOM , so he goes to jjp , and instead of getting titles like Star Wars and Led Zeppelin , they give him Elton John I feel so sorry for him .
I've never seen anywhere , anybody asking for an Elton John pinball machine .
In an interview I remember Eric saying that they wouldn't go for a licence where they couldn't get full assets and had people lining up after seeing GNR .
From what I've heard , I think Jack is the main one responsible for licences , and I can understand why he went with Pirates , Lord of the Rings / Hobbit and Guns N Roses , with Slash coming to them and giving them full assets .
But if he thinks The Godfather , Avatar and Elton John are good themes because they have made a lot of money , then he's out of touch with what the Pinball public wants .

#23717 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I've seen serials in the upper 4000s so it's darn close, if not all... The official count seems like harmless info JJP could easily share with all the fans who want to know!

#23718 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've seen serials in the upper 4000s so it's darn close, if not all... The official count seems like harmless info JJP could easily share with all the fans who want to know!

There were no GNR's on the line during the factory tours at expo . From everything that has been said , they've all been made , but technically not sold because they are at distributors .

#23719 1 year ago

My wobbly record spinner just won't stay away! Every time I tighten it up, it spins perfectly at first, but after a handful of games, it's loosened itself back up. Is there a trick to tightening it so it stays tight? Edit to add, I'm using a nut driver from the underside, and a Phillips head screwdriver on the screw through a notch in the decal.

For what it's worth, I'm hand-tightening the white jam nut, but my understanding is that's only relevant to moving the record spinner up and down relative to the playfield, and not tied to the wobble issue.

Thanks!

#23720 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Is there a trick to tightening it so it stays tight?

Blue Locktite

LTG : )

#23721 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

this will be a hard pass for me.

Hard for me to pass, too.

#23722 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

kinda hard for me to go from Guns 'n fucking Roses to Elton John. Might be a pass for me if so but gameplay could be solid. If it is gonna be the Matrix i hope they focus on the first trilogy or the complete story and not just part 4. That movie did nothing for me but bring the franchise down.

Matrix 1 is all I need. 2,3,4 were ALL less-than.

#23723 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

My wobbly record spinner just won't stay away! Every time I tighten it up, it spins perfectly at first, but after a handful of games, it's loosened itself back up. Is there a trick to tightening it so it stays tight? Edit to add, I'm using a nut driver from the underside, and a Phillips head screwdriver on the screw through a notch in the decal.
For what it's worth, I'm hand-tightening the white jam nut, but my understanding is that's only relevant to moving the record spinner up and down relative to the playfield, and not tied to the wobble issue.
Thanks!

Blue Loctite WILL take care of the screw on top, but if you do that route, be VERY CAREFUL not to get any on the record because blue loctite weakens or melts plastic and you could end up in worse shape after it has a little time to work its magic and make the record plastic brittle around the middle. Little dab'll do ya.

#23724 1 year ago

Can anyone give me advice on where to find info to why the raptor gate is stuck half way. Any help to a specific thread on the topic would be great! Ty!

#23725 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcal:

Can anyone give me advice on where to find info to why the raptor gate is stuck half way.

Figure out what it is binding on. Or post a picture of it stuck so we can help figure it out.

LTG : )

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23726 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcal:

Can anyone give me advice on where to find info to why the raptor gate is stuck half way. Any help to a specific thread on the topic would be great! Ty!

Probably not binding on anything in a GnR pin. But seriously, hop on over the Jurassic park thread, it's a pretty well documented issue.

#23727 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Probably not binding on anything in a GnR pin. But seriously, hop on over the Jurassic park thread, it's a pretty well documented issue.

Rotfl. All in the family.

#23728 1 year ago

Iā€™m a new owner of an LE GnR but have wanted one for a while. It has the tour topper and the led add on already installed. I bought the Pingraffix motion light topper but not sure how to remove the topper on there now. I remember there are pressure screws or something holding the black bar to the top of the back box and canā€™t remember how to properly remove the topper. Iā€™m sure itā€™s discussed somewhere in this thread by search hasnā€™t helped me find it. Sorry if this has been covered but Iā€™d appreciate any advice so I donā€™t mess it up. Thanks!

#23729 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Iā€™m a new owner of an LE GnR but have wanted one for a while. It has the tour topper and the led add on already installed. I bought the Pingraffix motion light topper

Are you talking about the Stadium Topper?

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-guns-n-roses-stadium-topper

#23730 1 year ago

Yes I have the stadium topper and I traded my AIQ for a GnR LE and it already had the not in this lifetime topper with the LED light add-on installed. So I want to remove that and install the stadium topper. I know how to install the stadium topper but not how to properly remove the old topper in case I ever need to put it back on I donā€™t wanna screw up the pressure screws sorry if I sound stupid

#23731 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes I have the stadium topper and I traded my AIQ for a GnR LE and it already had the not in this lifetime topper with the LED light add-on installed. So I want to remove that and install the stadium topper. I know how to install the stadium topper but not how to properly remove the old topper in case I ever need to put it back on I donā€™t wanna screw up the pressure screws sorry if I sound stupid

Is it just the stock JJP plexi lit topper? Or does it have the marquee lights that move? Do you have a picture? If it's the JJP stock topper, it's dead simple to get off. If it has the lights that move, it's a little more complicated, but still not bad.

#23732 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is it just the stock JJP plexi lit topper? Or does it have the marquee lights that move? Do you have a picture? If it's the JJP stock topper, it's dead simple to get off. If it has the lights that move, it's a little more complicated, but still not bad.

It has the marquee lights that move. I had a buddy over here who knows more about Jersey Jack back boxes than I do and he said my topper had two separate Mods

#23733 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It has the marquee lights that move. I had a buddy over here who knows more about Jersey Jack back boxes than I do and he said my topper had two separate Mods

Probably best to post pics of the front and back of the installed topper so I know what you're working with.

#23734 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably best to post pics of the front and back of the installed topper so I know what you're working with.

Thanks for the help!

0FAE27B7-478F-4A4F-B774-0020CAD8EF19 (resized).jpeg0FAE27B7-478F-4A4F-B774-0020CAD8EF19 (resized).jpeg1976DA89-B486-41AE-B52D-AF09EBA80326 (resized).jpeg1976DA89-B486-41AE-B52D-AF09EBA80326 (resized).jpeg27E75E20-9B77-4CF0-805B-7E1F8AAC5089 (resized).jpeg27E75E20-9B77-4CF0-805B-7E1F8AAC5089 (resized).jpeg47DD21CA-7F9C-4881-986F-2C1DA2ED2CE8 (resized).jpeg47DD21CA-7F9C-4881-986F-2C1DA2ED2CE8 (resized).jpeg9F4D0AE6-6389-4A77-8C6E-C7C188E6A65B (resized).jpeg9F4D0AE6-6389-4A77-8C6E-C7C188E6A65B (resized).jpeg
#23735 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks for the help!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that's pretty easy.

Take off the backglass carefully and unplug the red and blue wire leads inside the backbox (the ones you see going into the backbox from the top).

Then pull the red and blue wires up and out of the backbox.

Then there are a few screws on the front of the metal bracket at the base of the plexi. Loosen them equally until you can lift the plexi out of the metal channel and set aside the plexi with the circuit board and lights and red wires attached to it.

Then go back and remove the screws that are securing the metal channel to the top of the backbox and remove it (unless the new mod needs this channel, which I don't think it does). There should be the blue wire going to the LED strip at the bottom of the bracket channel that will come off when you take the metal bracket off.

#23736 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's pretty easy.
Take off the backglass carefully and unplug the red and blue wire leads inside the backbox (the ones you see going into the backbox from the top).
Then pull the red and blue wires up and out of the backbox.
Then there are a few screws on the front of the metal bracket at the base of the plexi. Loosen them equally until you can lift the plexi out of the metal channel and set aside the plexi with the circuit board and lights and red wires attached to it.
Then go back and remove the screws that are securing the metal channel to the top of the backbox and remove it (unless the new mod needs this channel, which I don't think it does. There should be the blue wire going to the LED strip at the bottom of the bracket channel that will come off when you take the metal bracket off.

Thank you very much. Just donā€™t want to wreck anything. I love this pin and I canā€™t wait to get the stadium topper connected. Iā€™ll be ordering more of your quiet fan kits as well!

#23737 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This was interesting.
[quoted image]

No surprise to me. JJP is working on a new EJ pinball.

#23738 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thank you very much. Just donā€™t want to wreck anything. I love this pin and I canā€™t wait to get the stadium topper connected. Iā€™ll be ordering more of your quiet fan kits as well!

The stadium topper is great .
Did you get the LED strips that go with the topper for the back box and underneath the cabinet , if you didn't , you should get them .
They look so cool .

IMG_20220903_234344 (resized).jpgIMG_20220903_234344 (resized).jpg
#23739 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

No surprise to me. JJP is working on a new EJ pinball.

Can't wait for Candle in the Wind multiball

#23740 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The stadium topper is great .
Did you get the LED strips that go with the topper for the back box and underneath the cabinet , if you didn't , you should get them .
They look so cool .
[quoted image]

I sure did! I never cut corners in pinball. Iā€™ve got almost as much into my collection as my house originally cost lol.

#23741 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AGREED!!!

#23742 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the correct answer.

#23743 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Blue Loctite WILL take care of the screw on top, but if you do that route, be VERY CAREFUL not to get any on the record because blue loctite weakens or melts plastic and you could end up in worse shape after it has a little time to work its magic and make the record plastic brittle around the middle. Little dab'll do ya.

CORRECT!! when i was a kid with a paper route i saved and bought a tamayi "clod buster" was a lot of $$$ for a 13-14 year old kid. i put locktight on everything and within 5 minutes of my first time running it , anyplace locktight touched plastic it shattered. i was devastated. luckily we went back to the hobby shop and they had tons of replacement plastic frames, the guy there said it happens all the time.

#23744 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can't wait for Candle in the Wind multiball

and the "english rose" skill shot

#23745 1 year ago

after three months i finally figured out how to scroll and earn patches, i really need to watch my kid play sometime so i can learn the ropes

#23746 1 year ago

Does anyone have any good images of the ce playfield differences and sparkle?
Trying to get a good look at the differences but can't seem to find anything.

#23747 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Does anyone have any good images of the ce playfield differences and sparkle?
Trying to get a good look at the differences but can't seem to find anything.

EF49D54E-F39F-4E3C-B5C0-8582171079BB (resized).jpegEF49D54E-F39F-4E3C-B5C0-8582171079BB (resized).jpeg
#23748 1 year ago

Is the gnr code guy at Jjp doing anything these days or has he retired along with Pat.

#23749 1 year ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Is the gnr code guy at Jjp doing anything these days or has he retired along with Pat.

Keefer is still very much at JJP.

Added 16 months ago:

...and very active.

#23750 1 year ago

Not very active though?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/475 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.