IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 568.
#23951 1 year ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

so my AXL magnet finally stopped working. I recall lots of chat in the thread about this, but the key post just mentions "removing the resistor". I guess i'm looking for advice - is this generally regarded as safe (i have the PinMonk fans on my flippers and magnet)? or is there a better solution. If it is considered the best solution, can anyone provide a bit more detail on how to do this?

Removing the thermal switch is not safe, IMO. Even with the fan cooling the coil, if the fan stops working the coil could overheat. If that happens catastrophically, it could cause a fire.

Basically you need to figure out if the coil died, or the thermal switch died. You could remove the thermal switch just to see if the coil works again. If the coil works without the switch, you just need to get another of that thermal switch (they're pretty easy to get in the US, not sure about AU). If the coil does not work with the switch bypassed/removed, then you need a new coil.

#23952 1 year ago

Thanks Vic - I reckon I’ll talk to my distributor on Monday before I start trying to remove the resistor - with luck he’ll have a replacement for me….

#23953 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's always been high maintenance pia to me. I tried to use it but when I'm always interacting with my phone instead of playing, I'm out.
I just got my first stern and experience of insider connected. It does stay connected. I also like if I'm having a good game I can actually sign in while I'm playing to capture the game.
I don't know that I care about it anymore than that but I was curious and see it stays connected as long as I play so if scorbit Could at least pull that off then I might use it. I don't mind logging in once... But more than once is unacceptable.

Agree, I find the Stern experience much more intuitive and seamless to use.

#23954 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree, I find the Stern experience much more intuitive and seamless to use.

Agree. Stern designed Insider Connected from the ground up, it’s intended just for them and the quality shows. Scorebit while neat just isn’t on the same level of integration and quality IMO.

#23955 1 year ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

and the other problem i have is that my record has finally come loose via the top screw (under the decal). From memory, i'm going to need to cut a hole in the decal to fix this? but before i do, is it safe to use loctite (not sure on spelling) when i fix it? or do i just need to rely on it being tight?

I just had the same issue, and was told to use BLUE loctite (that's the correct spelling). When I first tried to take it apart, the screw stayed in place when I lifted the record out of the slot. But eventually I got the screw out from the bottom of the mechanism under the playfield. Someone who knows more about this can keep me honest here, but I believe that's where you want to apply the loctite.

Also, it was stressed to me to not get any loctite on the plastic pieces, since it will weaken the plastic. A little goes a long way.

I have the same Magnet issue, so I'm eager to hear what your results are there.

#23956 1 year ago

I don't have the link handy, but somewhere in this thread is a link to a website where you could buy all six replacement stickers for the record for $30, so if you have to cut a hole in the decal you can order those and then also choose which album sticker you want on your spinner as well as have backups

#23957 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I don't have the link handy, but somewhere in this thread is a link to a website where you could buy all six replacement stickers for the record for $30, so if you have to cut a hole in the decal you can order those and then also choose which album sticker you want on your spinner as well as have backups

Should be this one below.

https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-platinum-record-decal-set

#23958 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i tried washers, and turning the scoop and none of that consistently worked for me. i used pliers and added some twist to my scoop and works perfectly every time now. i aimed it so it just reaches the tip of the flipper so if you are not paying attention it will drain. i didnt want it hitting the middle of the flipper.

This solved it for me too...Was driving me crazy, now I'm playing this pin all the time...Super addictive!!

#23959 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. Stern designed Insider Connected from the ground up, it’s intended just for them and the quality shows. Scorebit while neat just isn’t on the same level of integration and quality IMO.

Agreed, Scorbit blows...Stern insider is awesome

#23960 1 year ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

and the other problem i have is that my record has finally come loose via the top screw (under the decal). From memory, i'm going to need to cut a hole in the decal to fix this? but before i do, is it safe to use loctite (not sure on spelling) when i fix it? or do i just need to rely on it being tight?

Here's a sticky topic where LTG points you to the page in manual for assistance adjusting height of record. Might be helpful for you also
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/434#post-6946340

#23961 1 year ago

Got my neo atom concert editions installed! So good! Not too much at all. It's so freaking good!

Screenshot_20230106-190459 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190459 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190510 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190510 (resized).png

#23962 1 year ago

Couple more

Screenshot_20230106-190832 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190832 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190846 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190846 (resized).png
#23963 1 year ago

Lighting Looks good - just curious - can you get them more flush with the rails for a little cleaner presentation?

#23964 1 year ago

Cool man! I have the original concert edition Pinstadiums and love them! The neo atoms just arrived but I haven't installed them.

I never used that plastic xeno mounts and just the magna mounts... I remove them when raising the playfield. Easy.

Ideally you would use the plastic xeno with magna mounts to be able to leave installed when you raise the playfield but the magnets will hold the light rails snug to the wall removing that gap you see in those pictures.

The effect will better getting the Pinstadiums against the side wall for sure.

#23965 1 year ago

I didn't think to use the magna mounts as well as the xeno mounts. That might work. I don't find it too distracting when I play though. Pretty satisfied with them as is.

#23966 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This solved it for me too...Was driving me crazy, now I'm playing this pin all the time...Super addictive!!

same here !! i just figured out how to scroll through the patches, and got encore once also, i have yet to complete one of the cool vid modes after you finish a song. i really like the "want to play a game" and would like to see that through to the end, but i get panicky and fugging drain halfway through.

#23967 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

same here !! i just figured out how to scroll through the patches, and got encore once also, i have yet to complete one of the cool vid modes after you finish a song. i really like the "want to play a game" and would like to see that through to the end, but i get panicky and fugging drain halfway through.

Scrolling both forward AND backwards through the patches?

And I haven't beat that album mode either. Something about it makes me choke too. Tear down the wall is also unbeaten. That's a tough one... Got demo Derby once! And thirst for carnage once.

#23968 1 year ago

Got mine hooked up too ,but did you notice your bubble level is angled the wrong way?

Quoted from king_pin:

Couple more
[quoted image][quoted image]

#23969 1 year ago

I used the xeno mounts on my neo atom concert set & mine are straight & snug next to the cabinet. Not sure why others look saggy....

Screenshot_20230106-120646_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230106-120646_Gallery (resized).jpg
#23970 1 year ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I used the xeno mounts on my neo atom concert set & mine are straight & snug next to the cabinet. Not sure why others look saggy....
[quoted image]

Yours look a lot tighter to the cabinet. I'll have to play with mine to see if I can adjust them. I hadn't noticed the level being the wrong way. I'll spend some time on it this weekend. Thanks.

#23971 1 year ago

Amy chance you can post a few close up pics of how you installed your brackets and how you zip tied everything?

#23972 1 year ago

Folks I got a few ads for used mods. The are in good to great condition and you're saving on S&H, taxes and discounted because it's used.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Absolutely no damage except it needs 3M adhesive on the back for securing to your game. Even comes with the felt bag.”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 64 days
Viewed: 760 times

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “Looks new however there is wear around where the barrel spring meets the base of the bullet and wear around the curved edges of the bullet. Aside from that it looks new. Comes with...”
2023-01-29
Boston, MA
100 (Firm)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 367 times

Mod - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “Pretty much new looking except for a very small chip on one of the roses pointed out by the pen. Easy fix with some red nail polish/paint. Will also need new 3M adhesive to affix t...”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 64 days
Viewed: 755 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Spinner Decals Archived
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Brand new record spinner decals for the spinning record. Includes: LIES CHINESE DEMOCRACY USE YOUR ILLUSION II USE YOUR ILLUSION I THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 619 times

#23973 1 year ago

Looking at a HUO SE. I know very little about jjp or GNR. Game plays well enough but I have never played a LE. Is the SE missing too much without the upper playfield to be a good long term game?

Other question is code. I was told there are some big code upgrades coming. Is this true and what can we expect?

#23974 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Looking at a HUO SE. I know very little about jjp or GNR. Game plays well enough but I have never played a LE. Is the SE missing too much without the upper playfield to be a good long term game?
Other question is code. I was told there are some big code upgrades coming. Is this true and what can we expect?

SE is missing too much, IMO. Lack of color RGB hotrails are a big loss on the SE as is the missing upper playfield.

There is a code update coming, but no idea how large it is. There are some improved lightshows and scoring fixes in the beta so far.

#23975 1 year ago

I played the SE on route before buying the LE. I much prefer the LE I have to say. Don't think I would have purchased an SE personally.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23976 1 year ago

I agree on the LE. The SE is missing half the game.

#23977 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SE is missing too much, IMO. Lack of color RGB hotrails are a big loss on the SE as is the missing upper playfield.
There is a code update coming, but no idea how large it is. There are some improved lightshows and scoring fixes in the beta so far.

And the art... Don't forget the beautiful LE cabinet art with the brick red color hardware... Even powered off the LE is gorgeous, turn it on and it's mesmerizing.

#23978 1 year ago

LE is the best looking one of all imo. The SE I played just didn’t do it for me. There is a huge difference in models on this title. LE is the best option, but play the SE more to see what you think

#23979 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Get the LE. The SE is unique because they didn’t make too many of them but honestly, the game was designed based upon the LE… It’s worth the difference.

#23980 1 year ago

Ran out of black zip ties. Hopefully these pics help you fix yours.....

Quoted from king_pin:

Amy chance you can post a few close up pics of how you installed your brackets and how you zip tied everything?

20230107_193531 (resized).jpg20230107_193531 (resized).jpg20230107_193547 (resized).jpg20230107_193547 (resized).jpg20230107_193714 (resized).jpg20230107_193714 (resized).jpg20230107_193729 (resized).jpg20230107_193729 (resized).jpg
#23981 1 year ago

Also, I had to add a washer between the bottom left bracket & the apron wire gaurd. Otherwise it would want to push the bracket in & maybe that's why yours looks bowed..

Quoted from king_pin:

20230107_194352 (resized).jpg20230107_194352 (resized).jpg
#23982 1 year ago

Thanks for the photos. Your brackets have the holes in them which mine don't. Also, the bracket at the front left, wasn't there a screw and washer already there to begin with or did you add an additional one?

#23983 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Thanks for the photos. Your brackets have the holes in them which mine don't. Also, the bracket at the front left, wasn't there a screw and washer already there to begin with or did you add an additional one?

The only screw and washer that was there was in the apron to begin with. I had to come up with a washer of my own to compensate for their lack of measurements............... You need to call Pinstadium and have them send you another front right bracket with the bubble level fixed, and probably all the other ones too from what you're telling me?!?!

#23984 1 year ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

....... You need to call Pinstadium

I think this is good advice. PM Scott pinstadium
I don't think he sleeps.

#23985 1 year ago

Happy New Year GNR owners!

#23986 1 year ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Get the LE. The SE is unique because they didn’t make too many of them but honestly, the game was designed based upon the LE… It’s worth the difference.

OK you have convinced me. I will pass.

Thanks guys

#23987 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

The SE IS a GREAT game. It's smooth. Shoots well. It's fast. And way less things to break or go wrong. The LE is a great game but not worth it in my opinion.

I own an SE and couldn't be happier. 2 of my buddies own LE's and they just aren't as fun to me. Clunky. Shots are broken up and there is zero flow or continuity. Plus, A LOT of things break.

I added the concert edition pinstadiums and never ever think about not having rgb hot rails. Not once.

This is the unpopular opinion. This will get me some downvotes. But I'm shooting it to you straight from my experience. LE owners will say I'm crazy.

Bottom line, it's up to you. Also, just fyi, the SE is actually really rare.

#23988 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is the unpopular opinion. This will get me some downvotes. But I'm shooting it to you straight from my experience. LE owners will say I'm crazy.

Thunderbirds and Spinal Tap pins are even more rare.

Rarity does not always equal desirability and/or value.

#23989 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I agree on the LE. The SE is missing half the game.

It's missing one flipper and one vuk.

Half the game? C'mon man.

The diverter to the U.P. is problematic and breaks. The sensors on the U.P. fail. And on the guitar neck as well.

The non playables, like the spotlights might as well not even be on the game. Not one game has had them working all the time.

My SE is missing a mini flipper and a vuk. Oh and missing that weird lock mech in the middle that has failing sensors. Definitely not half the game.

At least be honest about it

#23990 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

It's missing one flipper and one vuk.
Half the game? C'mon man.
The diverter to the U.P. is problematic and breaks. The sensors on the U.P. fail. And on the guitar neck as well.
The non playables, like the spotlights might as well not even be on the game. Not one game has had them working all the time.
My SE is missing a mini flipper and a vuk. Oh and missing that weird lock mech in the middle that has failing sensors. Definitely not half the game.
At least be honest about it

Jesus man, you gonna do this again. You are so full of shit and the SE is a crap model. Just accept it and move on. Don't try and gaslight some newbie with your jacked up irrational logic. It's pathetic really.

#23991 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

The SE IS a GREAT game. It's smooth. Shoots well. It's fast. And way less things to break or go wrong.

If I wanted that I'd buy a Stern Rush Pro.. oh wait, I did.
GNR LE is the legit game.

#23992 1 year ago

GNR LE all the way for me. Don't know where I'd be without one of the best upper playfields of all time. My buddy bought an SE. Sold it after a month, hated GNR. Came to play my LE. Apologized in a way for hating on it (not verbatim) which I think was due to his subpar experience on the SE. He's been contemplating getting an LE ever since.

#23993 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

The SE IS a GREAT game. It's smooth. Shoots well. It's fast. And way less things to break or go wrong. The LE is a great game but not worth it in my opinion.
I own an SE and couldn't be happier. 2 of my buddies own LE's and they just aren't as fun to me. Clunky. Shots are broken up and there is zero flow or continuity. Plus, A LOT of things break.
I added the concert edition pinstadiums and never ever think about not having rgb hot rails. Not once.

I didn't mean to cause a stir.

I watched some gameplay, SE looks ok. I think if he was more flex on price maybe but it certainly still seems like it's still a pretty packed game.

Glad you are enjoying yours!

#23994 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

2 of my buddies own LE's and they just aren't as fun to me.

3 buddies.

#23995 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I didn't mean to cause a stir.
I watched some gameplay, SE looks ok. I think if he was more flex on price maybe but it certainly still seems like it's still a pretty packed game.
Glad you are enjoying yours!

You couldn't have avoided it with your post unless you had read the entire 20k posts prior and caught this every time it comes up. There are definitely a few proud SE owners here, and one mascot. I admire his dedication and willingness to "die on that hill," but the fact is more than ten thousand eyes roll all at once when it happens.

I am new to this hobby but learning there are some releases where there isn't as much of a difference between the versions for example, Stern Pro/Premium Rush. But this isn't the case for GNR. I think the SE is so different that it's just got the feel of a different game. I played it a bunch in a free play arcade here and was surprised at how different it played. Faster it was, but it didn't make it better, the experience was compromised and lacking, imo.

I can see SE owners getting used to it (especially if its a first impression experience) and then when later playing a LE where the differences like the upper playfield changes the game so much that you almost start over learning a new game. That's the way it was for me playing the SE. That difference seems un-natural and the change was so stark that one might even adopt a dislike for the LE. And conversely, LE owners playing a SE for the first time would feel the same way with a "Where's the rest of the game?" and "How do I do even play or do this or do that without an upper playfield?" and have to re-learn all the workarounds for missing the key design elements of the original game.

The SE was the LAST title that had an SE in the lineup for JJP. TS4 was LE/CE only and we shall see if Eric's Godfather (disclaimer: rumor) or the next title Elton John (disclaimer: more rumor propagation) has an SE in the lineup or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if the SE is gone forever from JJP and its just LE/CE only ... but what do I know, I just read the same stuff as everyone else. I say this because it just seems logical to me.

If I was one of the 250+ people/places that started with the "rare" SE, and it is the version responsible for first impressions of GNR, then it could be cool, I suppose. But for the 5500+ other people who played / owned CE/LE then it is no contest and it really doesn't even take much research to reach that conclusion on your own without even reading or posting about it. Lack of the extra money and/or lack of knowledge are most likely the reasons someone buys a used SE. (IMO!)

#23996 1 year ago

I could see the SE appealing to those who want the game to feel a bit faster, or if they're not into the added complexities of trying to master the upper playfield on the LE. I'm not here to hate on the SE, or those who have it and love it. It's still a JJP, and it's still a GNR. Welcome to the Jungle of PissedSide.

#23997 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's still a JJP, and it's still a GNR. Welcome to the Jungle of PissedSide.

sevenrites says: I can name that tune in two sentences.

#23998 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Lack of the extra money and/or lack of knowledge are most likely the reasons someone buys a used SE. (IMO!)

This is precisely why I bought my used SE. I am a first time pin owner, and so the pricetag on the SE alone was a very tough sell to my better half. And not knowing a damn thing about what I'm doing when it comes to repair/maintenance makes me glad that I have a less-complex machine.

Case in point - I just had to change out the snubber blocks on my scoop, and it was relatively simple compared to the instructions in a sticky post here on the forum about how to do with an upper playfield involved.

I've only played the LE a handful of times out on location, so I barely can compare it to my SE. But I can definitively say that the SE was right for me.

#23999 1 year ago

I went to an arcade recently to play this and someone started a 4 person game and walked away after a few minutes. Is there a way to cancel a game without turning the power off? The guy who ran the place said just drain all the balls, which can take a long time because you have to wait for shoot again to run out.

#24000 1 year ago
Quoted from Goatman3108:

I went to an arcade recently to play this and someone started a 4 person game and walked away after a few minutes. Is there a way to cancel a game without turning the power off? The guy who ran the place said just drain all the balls, which can take a long time because you have to wait for shoot again to run out.

If you have a credit left and everyone is past ball 1, press and hold start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/480 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.