IMG_3239 (resized).jpeg
17178966842225779046307281819944 (resized).jpg
17178961859528483505284930440863 (resized).jpg
17178945364884964255572910885523 (resized).jpg
IMG_3160.gif
IMG_0526 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3139.gif

Topic index (key posts)

79 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 577 of 580.
#28801 22 days ago

My son is telling me the piano is not registering as it should. Says it's killing his ability to finish a specific mode. Any ideas on how the piano registers and what to check?

#28802 22 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

My son is telling me the piano is not registering as it should. Says it's killing his ability to finish a specific mode. Any ideas on how the piano registers and what to check?

They're opto sensors, 2 I think, in the keyboard graphic just below the scoop. Take the glass off and test while in diagnostics with a ball rollover. I guess you could do a brief test in a game with the glass off as well But you'll only get one test. If you touch them with your finger that's not always a good test because there is the scenario where it works with your finger but not with a ball.
Basically I think it's the left side of that keyboard graphic and the right side.

#28803 22 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thank you! That worked!

glad that it is fixed for you.

#28804 21 days ago

Installed a HerculEASE Hero kit on my GNR. First off, it’s a very well made mod and super easy to install. Flipper response feels noticeably better and this is after playing my first game with the mod on the latest beta which resets flipper power settings (mine were cranked up a bit before install the mod).

#28805 21 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey November Rain folks...
JJP has heard and addressed.
[quoted image]

This is beta?

I updated to 3.01 and the November rain audio issue was still there.

Is the fix only in beta? The issue makes NR basically unplayable.

Thanks.

#28806 21 days ago

Hey all

Scoop issue, just starting to get a few scoop drops where the ball is not registering, waits for ball search.

Sometimes it registers, is that just a switch alignment from below?

Cheers

#28807 21 days ago

Ummm… so went to turn in my game last night and I hear the initial hum, but no lights and screen is black. Don’t hear the typical JJP “pop.” I did update it no long ago but I’ve played it several times since without an issue. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks.

#28808 21 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is beta?
I updated to 3.01 and the November rain audio issue was still there.
Is the fix only in beta? The issue makes NR basically unplayable.
Thanks.

Yes, it'll be released in prod next

Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Ummm… so went to turn in my game last night and I hear the initial hum, but no lights and screen is black. Don’t hear the typical JJP “pop.” I did update it no long ago but I’ve played it several times since without an issue. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks.

These days with the age of these machines when I see posts like this I always start thinking check your motherboard 2032 battery... If it's never been replaced That might be it. Or maybe you just need to jump start the motherboard.
But now that I'm thinking about it I'm wondering if No lights mean something different.

#28809 21 days ago

Just repairing my GnR spotlights, done the left one, but struggling to get the right one back in.
The photos I took are not that clear.

Can someone please post a few pictures of the right spotlight, I'm trying to see how it sits on the metal guide as struggling to get it back in without fouling on the plastic ramp.

Many thanks

#28810 20 days ago

Can someone tell me / show me how the wire to the action button switch is routed?

I removed my coin door to have it powder coated to match, and now the wire to the switch seems like it's just hanging across the opening, but I don't see anything made to route the wire. I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks!

#28811 20 days ago

At least these scores are balanced….

IMG_6763 (resized).jpegIMG_6763 (resized).jpegIMG_6765 (resized).jpegIMG_6765 (resized).jpeg
#28812 20 days ago

The new software DOES make a difference. Scoring becomes easier and better. The risks and rewards are getting bigger and higher.
Thanks JJP.

#28813 19 days ago

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet, but with the latest code update, you can now trap up and time out the Desert Demolition/UYI1 mini wizard mode. That makes three out of four mini wizard modes you can do that for (I haven't tested Tear Down The Wall/UYI2 yet).

Between that, and the opportunity to earn an extra ball with zero risk during Slash's Solo, it's become a bit easier to reach Not In This Lifetime mode, for anyone who is so inclined.

#28814 19 days ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Just repairing my GnR spotlights, done the left one, but struggling to get the right one back in.
The photos I took are not that clear.
Can someone please post a few pictures of the right spotlight, I'm trying to see how it sits on the metal guide as struggling to get it back in without fouling on the plastic ramp.
Many thanks

Not the best but hope it helps some.

GNR Right Spot (resized).jpgGNR Right Spot (resized).jpg
#28815 19 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can someone tell me / show me how the wire to the action button switch is routed?
I removed my coin door to have it powder coated to match, and now the wire to the switch seems like it's just hanging across the opening, but I don't see anything made to route the wire. I must be missing something obvious.
Thanks!

Goes right on top of the lock bar mech:

Action Button (resized).jpgAction Button (resized).jpg
#28816 19 days ago

3.02 code just dropped.
Fixed November Rain

#28817 19 days ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Goes right on top of the lock bar mech:[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks!

#28818 19 days ago
Quoted from dug:

3.02 code just dropped.
Fixed November Rain

IMG_2993.gifIMG_2993.gif
#28819 19 days ago

You always come through Chaka

#28820 19 days ago

I didn't know there was anything wrong with November rain. That song is for chicks! One of the only songs my wife has the high score on, ya bunch of soft ass wussies......

#28821 19 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I didn't know there was anything wrong with November rain. That song is for chicks! One of the only songs my wife has the high score on, ya bunch of soft ass wussies......

IMG_3022.gifIMG_3022.gif
#28822 19 days ago

And to think he is from Indiana lol

#28823 18 days ago
Quoted from Maurice:

The new software DOES make a difference. Scoring becomes easier and better. The risks and rewards are getting bigger and higher.
Thanks JJP.

Oh yeah. Between the new big update and my flipper response being much better (HerculEASE kit) I feel like I have a new game.

I'm done complaining about the code guys. Now with the new code I can finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe lol.

#28824 18 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh yeah. Between the new big update and my flipper response being much better (HerculEASE kit) I feel like I have a new game.
I'm done complaining about the code guys. Now with the new code I can finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe lol.

OMG! Planets have aligned!

#28825 18 days ago

I left the club today. I've had a lot of great times in this thread so I hope you'll allow me a farewell post.

I bought the game because it delivered an experience I'd never had before in pinball. The shots flowed. The multiballs were fun and strategic. The song experience was indescribable: truly something unique in pinball. The honeymoon settled to a happy marriage to something less over time. It was clear -- always -- that the bones of the game were strong, there was just "death by a hundred papercuts". The scoring. The song issues. The lack of a clear song value anywhere! I'd stop playing for months, then play intensely for a few days, then put it aside. Gripes went unanswered. Contempt fomented. The game was still the game I fell in love with but it seemed that the company was resigned to not make the small improvements that it needed.

Years (yes -- YEARS) passed. This past few months was a ray of sunshine. All the edges rounded. All the issues -- if not addressed, at least touched. Improved. Given a pass. The game we have now is truly a miles-beyond, not earth shattering change but improvement of all the things that were there all along. It's the game we deserved and that JJP always saw it to be. It is good.

But it was time. I'd done what I wanted to do. I'd played what I wanted to play. It's going to a good place where it will be loved and rocked on for people who have yet to have the experience we all have had with this game. I'm happy it will shine a good light forward to a new set of players to enjoy.

I wanted to acknowledge two things:

* Thanks to JJP for finally righting and fixing a lot of the underlying code issues. The game I've played in the last month is fantastic and you should be proud of what it's become. For me personally, I've gone from "I'll never buy a JJP again" to "I'll buy one if the code is in a good spot". The neglect for years left a sour taste in my mouth. Yes, it's been made good, but it really shouldn't have taken as long as it did.

* To the community in this thread: I don't think I've experienced a more positive, welcoming, hopeful group on Pinside. I'm super excited for all of you to continue to experience the game in this state. I'm excited to see the new scores, and people experiencing this awesome and unique experience for the first time. You all kept the flame high in the darkest of times, and I'm excited that the games bolted to your floors are empirically better than they were even 4 months ago. Keep rocking and enjoying this super unique game!

So if y'all will allow I'll lurk for a bit and enjoy the enthusiasm. And hey, would I join the club again? Who knows? Not in this lifetime? Carry forward the rock, friends

Edit: Just went back and read #26166 in this thread and boy, it's awesome to see JJP crushed it on all my complaints. Again, good job to the entire JJP team!

#28826 18 days ago

Did they make all 5000 LEs? Who's got lucky number 5000? Hahah

#28827 18 days ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I left the club today. I've had a lot of great times in this thread so I hope you'll allow me a farewell post.
I bought the game because it delivered an experience I'd never had before in pinball. The shots flowed. The multiballs were fun and strategic. The song experience was indescribable: truly something unique in pinball. The honeymoon settled to a happy marriage to something less over time. It was clear -- always -- that the bones of the game were strong, there was just "death by a hundred papercuts". The scoring. The song issues. The lack of a clear song value anywhere! I'd stop playing for months, then play intensely for a few days, then put it aside. Gripes went unanswered. Contempt fomented. The game was still the game I fell in love with but it seemed that the company was resigned to not make the small improvements that it needed.
Years (yes -- YEARS) passed. This past few months was a ray of sunshine. All the edges rounded. All the issues -- if not addressed, at least touched. Improved. Given a pass. The game we have now is truly a miles-beyond, not earth shattering change but improvement of all the things that were there all along. It's the game we deserved and that JJP always saw it to be. It is good.
But it was time. I'd done what I wanted to do. I'd played what I wanted to play. It's going to a good place where it will be loved and rocked on for people who have yet to have the experience we all have had with this game. I'm happy it will shine a good light forward to a new set of players to enjoy.
I wanted to acknowledge two things:
* Thanks to JJP for finally righting and fixing a lot of the underlying code issues. The game I've played in the last month is fantastic and you should be proud of what it's become. For me personally, I've gone from "I'll never buy a JJP again" to "I'll buy one if the code is in a good spot". The neglect for years left a sour taste in my mouth. Yes, it's been made good, but it really shouldn't have taken as long as it did.
* To the community in this thread: I don't think I've experienced a more positive, welcoming, hopeful group on Pinside. I'm super excited for all of you to continue to experience the game in this state. I'm excited to see the new scores, and people experiencing this awesome and unique experience for the first time. You all kept the flame high in the darkest of times, and I'm excited that the games bolted to your floors are empirically better than they were even 4 months ago. Keep rocking and enjoying this super unique game!
So if y'all will allow I'll lurk for a bit and enjoy the enthusiasm. And hey, would I join the club again? Who knows? Not in this lifetime? Carry forward the rock, friends
Edit: Just went back and read #26166 in this thread and boy, it's awesome to see JJP crushed it on all my complaints. Again, good job to the entire JJP team!

Great post and summary man! I too agree that this forum is a standout on Pinside in being a fantastic representation of what this hobby can (and should) be all about, people loving their games, helping others solve issues, sharing awesome upgrade ideas and methodology, and celebrating one helluva of a rock band in the process! Hope you keep visiting and that you’ll use the proceeds from the sale to get another awesome pin!

#28828 18 days ago

Fellas…
I downloaded the last code (I'm in Beta 49) and I always like to choose and collect patches according to the 1st song I want to hear in the 1st ball (Train for Nightrain, Condom for Rocket Queen.etc)... I just played and collected the Revolver but when I was going to choose the song the revolver was not illuminated in the song menu (like the Condom next to Rocket Queen), is it a bug? It has happened to anyone or why was it not lit if it was already collected?

Thanks GNR fine fellas

#28829 18 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas…
I downloaded the last code (I'm in Beta 49) and I always like to choose and collect patches according to the 1st song I want to hear in the 1st ball (Train for Nightrain, Condom for Rocket Queen.etc)... I just played and collected the Revolver but when I was going to choose the song the revolver was not illuminated in the song menu (like the Condom next to Rocket Queen), is it a bug? It has happened to anyone or why was it not lit if it was already collected?
Thanks GNR fine fellas

It would be nice when running thru the game presentation before pressing start, showing each patch and what they do. Adds more depth to the game and will help newbies..

#28830 18 days ago

I’ve finally taken the plunge and bought the Herculease kit. Really hoping it helps improve my scores on this because I suck lol

#28831 18 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas…
Thanks GNR fine fellas

For Welcome to the Jungle & Paradise City, you need to have both the gun patch and the rose patch to receive the bonus and for those song-list icons to illuminate.

#28832 18 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

For Welcome to the Jungle & Paradise City, you need to have both the gun patch and the rose patch to receive the bonus and for those song-list icons to illuminate.

Thanks Jaygee77 … for a long time I used to start with Fender, Rose, Duff Skull and decided to scramble that so forgot about that big detail.

I appreciate the response man, thank you.

#28833 17 days ago

Joined the "Sub Club" yesterday. Highly recommended. Found the powered sub at the thrift store for $12.99.

20240521_203217@6 (resized).jpg20240521_203217@6 (resized).jpg20240521_205939@8 (resized).jpg20240521_205939@8 (resized).jpg20240521_210734@6 (resized).jpg20240521_210734@6 (resized).jpg20240529_204153@6 (resized).jpg20240529_204153@6 (resized).jpg20240529_204224@8 (resized).jpg20240529_204224@8 (resized).jpg
#28834 17 days ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Joined the "Sub Club" yesterday. Highly recommended. Found the powered sub at the thrift store for $12.99.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

At first I'm thinking oh my God please don't drill a hole in the bottom of your cabinet. Then I saw the adapter that you mounted in there. That's awesome. Makes for moving the machine a lot easier and cleaner.

#28835 17 days ago

Well my friends; 3 1/2 years of ownership is a long time by my standards. Sadly, I’ll be exiting the club tomorrow. I’ll check in from time to time, Love this pin. But, it’s time to get something new in the rotation.

#28836 17 days ago

What was the flipper combo to restart a game?

#28837 17 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well my friends; 3 1/2 years of ownership is a long time by my standards. Sadly, I’ll be exiting the club tomorrow. I’ll check in from time to time, Love this pin. But, it’s time to get something new in the rotation.

Thanks for all of your wisdom. We’ll be here when you return

#28838 17 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

To restart, you just hold the start button. But ball 2 has to be at least sitting in the shooter lane. Hitting start before that adds a player. To end game immediately and not start another game hold left flipper then start simultaneously. Just like Stern if I'm not mistaken.

#28839 17 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can't wait to hear what you get.
The owners club for it will be the winner.
Thank you skb. You're a North Star here.

#28840 17 days ago

To end the current game hold the left flipper and hold start at the same time.

#28841 16 days ago

I also believe you have to enable the option in the settings for both game end and game restart.

#28842 16 days ago

To restart, you just hold the start button. But ball 2 has to be at least sitting in the shooter lane. Hitting start before that adds a player. To end game immediately and not start another game hold left flipper then start simultaneously. Just like Stern if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks! cybevenom Merendino CoolCatPinball

#28843 15 days ago

One more time before I install my hero kit on my IO board.
Has there been any issues from using this mod?

#28844 14 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just higher scores for me!

#28845 14 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There has been nothing but very positive feedback on this mod. Go for it.

#28846 14 days ago

Cool thanks for encouraging comments!Monday morning Im upgrading Willy and GnR !

#28847 14 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Can't wait to hear what you get.
The owners club for it will be the winner.
Thank you skb. You're a North Star here.

Looks like he went with Jaws.

#28848 14 days ago

To end game immediately and not start another game hold left flipper then start simultaneously. Just like Stern if I'm not mistaken

That is handy to know…do all JJP’s have that same end game without starting a new one feature?

#28849 14 days ago

Hey all. Been away from the forum for a bit….trying to catch up and seeing all the buzz on this new HerculEASE mod/upgrade for the flipper. So, here’s my question. Is pinmonks flipper fans still needed in addition to the HerculEASE ? I have it but haven’t installed it yet , pinmonk fans.

#28850 14 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Hey all. Been away from the forum for a bit….trying to catch up and seeing all the buzz on this new HerculEASE mod/upgrade for the flipper. So, here’s my question. Is pinmonks flipper fans still needed in addition to the HerculEASE ? I have it but haven’t installed it yet , pinmonk fans.

Don't know yet, but I'm assuming yes because the new board or mod is just powering over fade, so that means the coils are likely getting even hotter than they were before cooling before. Some JJPs had coils that were over 249F within 2 hours of play, which is crazy, and will probably be hotter now. I have a new JJP board to test in GnR that just came in, but I haven't had time to test it yet. It's on my to-do list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 577 of 580.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/577 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.