JJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-15 093842 (resized).png
IMG_3269 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240514_073535_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_2835.gif

Topic index (key posts)

79 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 570 of 575.
#28451 18 days ago

Peep's I have contacted the seller in regards to Herculese being shipped to Australia, and afraid it is no.

Maybe a collective buy may be better but I am just going to do it myself.

#28452 17 days ago
Quoted from Youcheatdrjones:

I'm trying to get this Herculease shipped to Australia but no luck! seller said shipping is a couple of hundred? Surely there is a solution?

I'm kinda in the same boat, as I'm UK based.

I use viabox.com.
To the UK its about $90 shipping so I also order a few at a time.
Viabox are pretty good as you can order from a bunch of suppliers, they will then keep your goods until you request them to send on to you, they will even re-pack them in one box.

#28453 17 days ago

Agreed on the diy.... it's either you do it or just coordinate it locally....buy the two caps and find an electronic repair shop locally to swap them out for you if you don't solder.
Removing the board is super easy.

#28454 17 days ago

So when I play GnR this weekend what should I focus on in my limited games?

I'm assuming live and let die is a must play song when I get song mode started.

#28455 17 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Rocket Queen is badass too!

#28456 17 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Rocket Queen is badass too!

The best song & light show on there!
Then out ta get me
Then it gets tough.... But all the afd songs are great...
Estranged, nightrain, Chinese democracy all awesome, it's so easy, of course Paradise City and sweet child o mine, You could be mine is up there.. coma, then civil war rocks if you can stay in it.... honestly the only two have been known to skip more than once is this I love and don't cry, and occasional I just not in the mood for better And I generally want to rock, and something about better annoys me a little bit.

#28457 17 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Choose at least 1 song per album so you can play all 4 modes(those are very cool in my opinion) especially the one from Chinese Democracy.

And yes, Rocket Queen is definitely a badass show.

#28458 17 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Choose at least 1 song per album so you can play all 4 modes(those are very cool in my opinion) especially the one from Chinese Democracy.

#28459 17 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

How do the album modes work?

#28460 17 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

If you play at least 3 minutes of a song(s) from an album, you qualify the mode for that album. Shoot the center scoop to start the mode like a song. Different objectives/themes for each of them.

I swore loudly the first time I started Shall We Play A Game?; plays a pretty good joke on you.

#28461 17 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

After you play a song(you don’t have to complete that song) the center scoop light will be blinking right away when you’re going to plunge the next ball, just hit the center scoop again and the mode will start on the spot instead of a song.

…also, you can press the action button before the song is going to start(you will see the battle tank/war tank in the screen), that way you can choose the album with the flippers and the song as well.

#28462 17 days ago

So you don't have to necessarily start the album mode for the song you just did?

#28463 16 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

So you don't have to necessarily start the album mode for the song you just did?

You have to play a song for a certain amount of time to qualify the corresponding album mode. There's a record album "timer" at the bottom left of the screen when playing a song. Once the song has ended, if you played it long enough, the center scoop will be lit to start the album mode. You can disable album mode by holding the action button for a few seconds before actually hitting the scoop. If you manage to hit the scoop before disabling it, boom, album mode. The only real reason to disable it is to play more songs from the same album which eventually makes the album mode worth more points. Speaking of, has anyone pushed their album up to platinum before starting the mode on the latest beta code? What's the scoring like?

#28464 16 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

You have to play a song for a certain amount of time to qualify the corresponding album mode. There's a record album "timer" at the bottom left of the screen when playing a song. Once the song has ended, if you played it long enough, the center scoop will be lit to start the album mode. You can disable album mode by holding the action button for a few seconds before actually hitting the scoop. If you manage to hit the scoop before disabling it, boom, album mode. The only real reason to disable it is to play more songs from the same album which eventually makes the album mode worth more points. Speaking of, has anyone pushed their album up to platinum before starting the mode on the latest beta code? What's the scoring like?

I did not know this part. Thanks

#28465 16 days ago

Speaking of, has anyone pushed their album up to platinum before starting the mode on the latest beta code? What's the scoring like?

I haven't. Good question.
Maybe I'll decrease time to qualify album setting and play around with this

#28466 16 days ago

So when I miss hitting power chord but manage to lock another ball before all the locked balls are released, I’ve noticed that it dumps that one out as well. So you are basically locked out of starting another power chord until they fully reset. I was hoping that had changed in the beta but I’m on B46 and it’s still happening. I feel like it is double punishment. I just missed locking another ball and then on top of that I don’t even get credit for that last one. Anyone else annoyed by that?

#28467 16 days ago

On a positive note, I’m loving the new software updates! I haven’t played Slash Solo yet but was very happy to hear from someone posting here that losing a ball during the mode just ends the mode and you get to continue on the same ball. That is a brilliantly simple fix and I now am looking forward to playing it instead of trapping up and letting it time out!

#28468 16 days ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So when I miss hitting power chord but manage to lock another ball before all the locked balls are released, I’ve noticed that it dumps that one out as well. So you are basically locked out of starting another power chord until they fully reset. I was hoping that had changed in the beta but I’m on B46 and it’s still happening. I feel like it is double punishment. I just missed locking another ball and then on top of that I don’t even get credit for that last one. Anyone else annoyed by that?

Yeah, it sucks.
Seems like the timing might have been changed a bit though. Feel like when it's dumping say 4 balls it will reject a ball just after the timer expires, but after 3 or so seconds it will take new ball locks before all of the balls are gone.
Could be imagining, but my recollection is that it previously would reject new balls until a few seconds after the neck was fully cleared.

#28469 16 days ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Quoted from Jaywaggs:

Yeah, it sucks.
Seems like the timing might have been changed a bit though. Feel like when it's dumping say 4 balls it will reject a ball just after the timer expires, but after 3 or so seconds it will take new ball locks before all of the balls are gone.
Could be imagining, but my recollection is that it previously would reject new balls until a few seconds after the neck was fully cleared.

Turn the power chord timer down to 0. No timer. Game changer, in a positive way.

#28470 16 days ago

Don‘t have installed the beta code yet. Any ideas more than ‚when it‘s done‘ about timelines for a new official one?

#28471 15 days ago

Turn the power chord timer down to 0. No timer. Game changer, in a positive way.

Definitely game changer. Playing a song with this setting definitely calms things down. I have enjoyed this variation setting super lock timeout to zero also. It's a solid variation. But I'm not really very good either. For what it is worth, it's your game so play how you want And that's why the setting is in there to give options, but it is the way it is with a timer default because Eric loves and prefers risk/reward pinball and Keefer prefers the elevated quality of achieving the award with a timer.

Everyone can agree that it's a "my machine my rules," and having fun is number one... mine is currently set to 0 also right now And I'm going to go back to default and play it for a while since it's been a minute, but thought I would share that when asked about it, that was their personal opinion and perspective regarding setting that to zero. But what do they know?

#28472 15 days ago
Quoted from Disruptor71:

Don‘t have installed the beta code yet. Any ideas more than ‚when it‘s done‘ about timelines for a new official one?

JJP said they plan to release the official GNR software update by the end of June this year. w00t!!!

#28473 15 days ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

JJP said they plan to release the official GNR software update by the end of June this year. w00t!!!

Nice! Where did they post this?

#28474 15 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

It was said Q2 in Beta telegram group. The latest beta really is getting there. I love Slash Solo now and the album modes really are worth some points if you play it well.

#28475 15 days ago

The longer the better for the offical update, means it will most likely get even better

#28476 15 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Definitely game changer. Playing a song with this setting definitely calms things down. I have enjoyed this variation setting super lock timeout to zero also. It's a solid variation. But I'm not really very good either. For what it is worth, it's your game so play how you want And that's why the setting is in there to give options, but it is the way it is with a timer default because Eric loves and prefers risk/reward pinball and Keefer prefers the elevated quality of achieving the award with a timer.
Everyone can agree that it's a "my machine my rules," and having fun is number one... mine is currently set to 0 also right now And I'm going to go back to default and play it for a while since it's been a minute, but thought I would share that when asked about it, that was their personal opinion and perspective regarding setting that to zero. But what do they know?

Yeah I’ve seen the posts with that suggestion. I haven’t tried it yet, but I can see how it would be fun and reduce the chaos of the multi-balls. I like the pressure of having a timer to complete it though and the satisfaction when you do. I haven’t had a 6 ball power chord in a long time. I just wish that when the timer runs out that I would still get credit for that last ball I locked that just didn’t make it in time. Not a huge deal though.

#28477 14 days ago
Quoted from Dobler:

. I just wish that when the timer runs out that I would still get credit for that last ball I locked that just didn’t make it in time. Not a huge deal though.

What's this?
I've never gotten a 6 ball, and only a 5 ball a few times.
So
If the timer runs out and you didn't make the 6th in time why would you expect credit for it? I'm sure I'm not reading your post correctly but?

#28478 14 days ago

I think they made a Facebook post a while ago about this.

#28480 14 days ago

It was in their March '24 "Quick Flips" email update (and also on Facebook).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#28481 14 days ago

Is there any shaker options ? I can't seem.to locate any?

#28482 14 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there any shaker options ? I can't seem.to locate any?

Under coil settings

#28484 14 days ago

So I got on location and played an LE with sound on finally. A lot of games. I played a bunch of other games too after wards and came back to it once or twice. GnR was easily the least fun I played that day. I played venom collectors, foo fighters pro, Jurassic park premium, X-Men magneto and Deadpool Collectors.

GnRs scoop could have been better calibrated but I just hate the flippers on a JJP. I know I can get a new board or whatever and I really want to love this matchine. It looks so nice. But I don't think I could buy a machine that was the least favorite of any I played today.

#28485 14 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

So I got on location and played an LE with sound on finally. A lot of games. I played a bunch of other games too after wards and came back to it once or twice. GnR was easily the least fun I played that day. I played venom collectors, foo fighters pro, Jurassic park premium, X-Men magneto and Deadpool Collectors.
GnRs scoop could have been better calibrated but I just hate the flippers on a JJP. I know I can get a new board or whatever and I really want to love this matchine. It looks so nice. But I don't think I could buy a machine that was the least favorite of any I played today.

To b completely honest I have never enjoyed a jjp pin at a location /show ... they really need to b dialed in and played in a home environment imo...

#28486 14 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

To b completely honest I have never enjoyed a jjp pin at a location /show ... they really need to b dialed in and played in a home environment imo...

It really depends on who runs the place. But given no info, I'd assume the games aren't in great shape. Although a newer game will generally be in better shape than one that's been routed for 3 years!

With that said, the first time I played GNR was at a place in FL in '21 and it was, bar far, my favorite game I played. TNMT was reasonably new, Led Zeppelin (omg, the pro is so bad IMHO), Stern JP, Deadpool, Sword of Rage, many others. GNR > all of those, IMHO.

That's when my search to find one began. For those who were around, they know GNR was really hard to get for well over a year. Funny how things change.

Very happy I still have mine. But opinions differ obviously.

#28487 14 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

So I But I don't think I could buy a machine that was the least favorite of any I played today.

That’s too bad I guess you won’t be hanging out on the GnR owners thread then?

#28488 14 days ago
Quoted from altan:

It really depends on who runs the place. But given no info, I'd assume the games aren't in great shape. Although a newer game will generally be in better shape than one that's been routed for 3 years!
With that said, the first time I played GNR was at a place in FL in '21 and it was, bar far, my favorite game I played. TNMT was reasonably new, Led Zeppelin (omg, the pro is so bad IMHO), Stern JP, Deadpool, Sword of Rage, many others. GNR > all of those, IMHO.
That's when my search to find one began. For those who were around, they know GNR was really hard to get for well over a year. Funny how things change.
Very happy I still have mine. But opinions differ obviously.

Yeah I had already bought mine and played one on location. It was horrible. Flippers were bad, it wasn’t level. Orbit shots hit slings. Thank goodness I didn’t play that before I bought it because it would have left a bad impression. My LE needed a couple tweaks but after that plays perfect, esp with the new flipper board. Just need this code and a Scorbit replace and I’ll be golden

#28489 14 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Yeah if you’re not feeling it then there’s plenty of machines to pick from. I’m curious what pins were at the top of your list after playing?
This happened to me when I went to Pinball museum. I had a hit list and some machines went up, some went down. All the ones that I was stoked on, I bought.

#28490 14 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s too bad I guess you won’t be hanging out on the GnR owners thread then?

Bwahahahah. It always baffles me when people come into an owners thread and bitch about the game. Maybe they want to be convinced? I don't know but those people sure seem to love their cookie cutter Sterns.

It took me a couple sessions to get into GNR to be honest, but when I finally got through a song and collected an applause jackpot it all made sense.

#28491 14 days ago

I don't want to bitch about the game. I came in asking for a lot of advice and settled on the game not being right for me is all. I have a couple reasons. It just didn't resonate with me. I figured I'd follow up with everyone on what I decided is all.

I appreciate all the input the community gave me. I quite honestly haven't settled on a pin yet and there's no reason I can't come across a dialed in one and change my mind. For now though it's off my list. I'll still lurk in here most likely. Peace y'all.

#28492 14 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Yeah if you’re not feeling it then there’s plenty of machines to pick from. I’m curious what pins were at the top of your list after playing?
This happened to me when I went to Pinball museum. I had a hit list and some machines went up, some went down. All the ones that I was stoked on, I bought.

Foo Fighters. Deadpool. Even Venom premium. I've played the Pro before and it's boring. Jurassic Par is always fun but the theme does nothing for me. The X-Men magneto table was pretty fun too.

#28493 14 days ago

Yeah I thought out of the Sterns, Foo Fighters LE was pretty good. If I had any room I’d probably own one

#28494 13 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Foo Fighters. Deadpool. Even Venom premium. I've played the Pro before and it's boring. Jurassic Par is always fun but the theme does nothing for me. The X-Men magneto table was pretty fun too.

GnR didn't have a chance with you.

#28495 13 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

GnRs scoop could have been better calibrated but I just hate the flippers on a JJP. I know I can get a new board or whatever and I really want to love this machine. It looks so nice. But I don't think I could buy a machine that was the least favorite of any I played today.

I have come to the conclusion that buying a 10K'ish pinball machine is a huge investment. Playing it at a bar is really difficult. Three main reasons....1) You can't hear well at all 2) You really need to understand the rules and being solo that is difficult 3) The machines are not dialed in and usually have several issues.

The last, and probably more unpopular opinion, is I like to setup a newer machine on at least 4 or 5 balls when I am evaluating it so I make it further into the game to understand some later modes. Also keep in mind GnR is getting a pretty big software update in June. The scoring on the machine will be totally different.

With all the above said, if the title didn't click with you, skip it. I will also say there are certain titles that didn't click with me before and now years later are one of my favorite machines. An example of that to me is DI. That is quickly becoming one of my favorite titles. Personally I think it is one of the biggest sleepers out there and if you haven't checked it out, you should. Biggest challenge with that machine is getting past the goofy name/theme.

Dave

#28496 13 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

I’m glad you got to play GNR more and are actually playing the titles you want to buy. So many people buy on theme alone and then find themselves unloading a game quickly after buying it (taking a small loss). If the game doesn’t click with you then you shouldn’t own it. Maybe as you play it more on location or at a friend’s house you will feel differently (or not!)

If you decide to go Foo Fighters - given the prices of the premium used these days I would strongly recommend premium. The EL lights are a must have in my opinion.

#28497 13 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

I don't want to bitch about the game. I came in asking for a lot of advice and settled on the game not being right for me is all. I have a couple reasons. It just didn't resonate with me. I figured I'd follow up with everyone on what I decided is all.
I appreciate all the input the community gave me. I quite honestly haven't settled on a pin yet and there's no reason I can't come across a dialed in one and change my mind. For now though it's off my list. I'll still lurk in here most likely. Peace y'all.

No one here is likely to convince you this game is for you, nor should they. This game blew my mind when I first played it but it was also fairly dialed in and the sound was on point. The spectacle blew me away, unlike any other game I’d ever played before. Pinball and karaoke had a baby as we were all singing along while playing. Just had a blast and went on the hunt the next day. This game is even better now with all the enhancements and pending code changes, but none of that is likely to change your mind based on the other pins that seemed to resonate with you more. I doubt you’ll find a better deal than what this title offers on the current market but best of luck in your search!

#28498 13 days ago

Nothing wrong with deciding a game isn’t for you, regardless of how much you love the theme(I’m looking at you Star Wars). I ordered my LE on day 1 and while waiting 8 months to get it, found a standard an hour away and I played it to see what I was getting. I left it very disappointed, and questioning my purchase on order. GNR is my favorite band, and yet I just didn’t get amped about the game. Eventually my game arrived, and it was a stunning work of art, and it clicked with all the extra stuff packed into the LE. I learned the game, and my god, it’s an immersive concert experience that I just love. The wizard modes are a blast, and it’s just an adrenaline rush once opened up.
All in all, it’s ok not to connect with a game, and at these prices, you really want to get something that you will love. GL with your decision.

#28499 13 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I learned the game, and my god, it’s an immersive concert experience that I just love. The wizard modes are a blast, and it’s just an adrenaline rush once opened up.
All in all, it’s ok not to connect with a game, and at these prices, you really want to get something that you will love

Cliff notes ^^^^

#28500 13 days ago

If you’re a true GnR fan and grew up on their music, this game is a no brainer. It’s incredible and I can’t wait to play it with the upgraded caps and new code. I had a Data East GnR for a short time years ago. What a turd that thing was!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Saint Charles, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 570 of 575.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/570 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.