IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And your answer was ... ?

Similar conversation....my response was "did you seriously have to ask? Of course it was the CE". her response was "eye roll"

#119 3 years ago

Was Axl involved in this game at all? Did they get his voice in there? I know the story goes that he was not a big fan of doing the DE model.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Has there ever been a new pinball release with this many separate threads on Pinside??

I really wish they could consolidate. Lot of working looking at all threads.

#207 3 years ago

I just went through all of the JJP GNR threads here and counted all those that indicated they are in for a CE......Total is 987497535.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That figure include distributors who ordered X amount of each of the three models ?
LTG : )

hahaha. Its going to be quite interesting to see how all this shakes out.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Why is this appetite for destruction album cover banned?
[quoted image]

This was at when album covers and lyrics were heavily scrutinized.....

#306 3 years ago

Any drummers on here want to adjust those hi-hat cymbals or is it just me? I feel like that's way too much gap between cymbals. lol. Serious question.....I wonder how the drum sticks will wear over time.

#419 3 years ago

The sticks are solid sugar maple. Should hold up but if they get dinged I would expect that it would be very noticable.

#421 3 years ago

All this heavy multiball use talk has me a little concerned with flipper coil heat. I notice the flipper strength on hobbit goes down after a long game.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Slash being so engaged and involved may be one of the best aspects of the many best aspects of this game. Really makes me feel joyful!
https://twitter.com/DeanRichards/status/1313600409890676737?s=19
[quoted image]

I may want that mask he is wearing more than the CE.....

#459 3 years ago

If these delivery companies were smart they would say "yeah its going to take a few days....but you can come here and pick up today if you want" I bet 90% of us will run right down and get it.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Fax Axl and old Slash plus 4 people I never heard of.

Get to know these 4 others....they are good people and pretty amazing musicians.....

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Itā€™d be a lot of work (at least for me) but you could make a custom apron to show it off. I look at it as just another hidden thing on the playfield that is cool to occasionally discover.

If they offered a kit to upgrade the coma lock for the LE and charge a ton I bet a lot of folks would buy it.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

http://lithorati.com/browseall/browseall.html
I thought you all might like to see all the tour posters. I have a descent collection of these.
Some sell for thousands of dollars. Arian Buhler is considered by most to the the best artist who worked on these. His lithographs are generally the most sought after.

Thanks for sharing. Very cool. I want to get a few of the ones for shows I have been too. Where do these originate? I don't know much about these lithographs honestly. Are these for fans to purchase or are these supposed to be used to advertise upcoming shows?

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

They were hand numbered and available only at shows. Usually around 150-250 a show.
You can find some of them on the secondary market on Ebay, forums, facebook groups, etc...
Which shows did you go to?

Would have to look for the exact dates.....back in 92 in East Rutherford, NJ with Metallica....then 3 of the "Not in this lifetime" shows in Philly, Newark and East Rutherford.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Nice...I've got the Rocky litho from Philly. It's a good one.

Cool. I found the poster for Newark.... By the way.....I was at this show....lol......"On July 29, 1992, while Guns N' Roses was playing during the second show at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose encountered severe pain in his throat, but he continued the show until he was hit in the genitals by a cigarette lighter thrown from the audience during "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", so Rose retreated backstage to regain his energy, while bassist Duff McKagan took over on vocals and then the show ended"

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

So I had my AIQ premium paid in full to my distributor and I was expecting to get it probably sometime next week. I wasn't in love with the theme but I could tell it would be a good machine to play on at least. Something about it wasn't grabbing me in though.
Saw the reveal and videos for GNR.
Busted out my old Guns n' Roses piano book to play some songs.
Slept on it.
Had an epiphany.
Emailed my distributor and asked to change to a GNR LE. I wasn't sure if this was allowed or not since this is the first time I changed my mind. Fortunately said he was cool with it.
Not sure yet when I'll be getting it, but I am super pumped to get another JJP in the house! Love my Wonka, and have been playing Dialed In quite a bit in the past couple months. Granted those are Pat Lawlor pins, but I just love the quality and feel of JJP machines. About the only complaint I have is the weight lol. I have a feeling GNR is just going to be epic. Reminds me a lot of my dad's AC/DC. Don't care if the haters think I'm "f***ing crazy".

You won't regret it. This machine (and the other JJP pins) is in another league. I have AC/DC....not even close!

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]

Damn! Looks empty compared to my Hobbit.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This is about all I have. Game is from Helicon Brewing. Unfortunately not my own....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This post made me very thirsty. Thanks!

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

It is a steep price.
I don't know if I'll be able to keep it more than a year though, It'll be taking up too much of my pinball money and I still need to sell a game to fund some of it.

I get first dibs when you decide to sell!!!!

1 week later
#1155 3 years ago

Well, if I had a choice I would have wanted CE #069. Always been my favorite number for some reason.

2 weeks later
#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

These are handy to protect the blades. Never tried them on JJP but it says they work on WPC type cabinets, so the should work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I have made a mess of my blades on the Hobbit from lifting the playfield. May give these a shot.

1 month later
#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

You should get yours and I hope you do soon. At that price it probably should have been the ones run first. My complaint is more that there have been several runs and somehow with a day 1 order I still don't have it.
How many other people here are waiting on a day 1 LE order?
How many people that ordered after day 1 have an LE?

I would venture to guess that some folks that ordered a CE on day one and later were told they weren't getting it....were able to get the LE instead and cut the line.

#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That's very likely, but I would like them to tell me that. I've heard 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks, now 8 weeks.

Agreed. Its really unfortunate how the communication has gone with this release. It doesn't have to be this way. People are much more patient when they have information.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

Psyched about the CE and hope I get mine sometime soon, ordered it straight from JP in the first hour.
In the meantime, my daughter is working on a painting for me that will go up in the pinball room. It is a work in progress.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks awesome. I'll buy that from you.

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Just got an email from PinballSTAR! My LE shipping notifi... eh, nope. Hats and blankets.

I wasn't messing around this time. Ordered directly from JJP. Already lost my CE.....didn't want to lose out on the all important towel.

#3704 3 years ago

Got my LE yesterday. Only issue to note is the spinning record wasn't aligned quite right. I had to play with it to get it even on the playfield. Its a little off center from the hole but I'm not sure I care that much. I do have a scratch on each of the red painted top rail (side near glass).....this likely from the swinging hinge when putting the head in the up position. I'm on the fence on if I should reach out to JJP about this. Would have been best to have some plastic protecting all painted surfaces like there was on the lock bar. I did get the signed poster which was quite epic!

thumbnail_IMG_6036 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6036 (resized).jpg

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Any chance you can upload a pic of the rail damage and suggest to us how it might be avoided at the pinball owner's end of things when it arrives?
(Mine not likely until some time in January -> Canada, although I hear we are starting to receive some slowly.)
Thank you!

Honestly couldn't have done anything different. I lifted the head quite slowly and all seemed fine. I just assume it was caused by the hinge part attached to the head. Both sides were affected. I will contact my distributor.

thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
#3712 3 years ago

It looks much better in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

#3723 3 years ago

haha. I was checking the tracking every hour....as soon as it hit the local terminal I was on the phone begging for a date and time. I'm so annoying.

#3724 3 years ago

Anyone know how many signed Slash posters are out there?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:From my experience; It took approx 28 days to ship after sending final payment to distributor. Got my game 5 days after that.

About the same. Once payed it was about a month. I received a tracking number by Text. Mine shipped from Estes.

#3759 3 years ago

Is there a setting to show the pictures with the high scores? I'm not seeing that on mine.

#3770 3 years ago

The vibration that kicks in during live and let die....totally awesome......love this......but....it's a little out of time. Got to fix that.

Anyone get ball drains from the ball lock head stock left side? Also, anyone get drains after launching ball when it drops down? I would say 1/3 of the time it goes right down the middle.

#3844 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I keep getting an error report for switch #47 (left ramp made). It seems that the diverter on the left ramp that blocks the ball from the upper play field which sends it back down the catwalk ramp is always down. Does anyone else have this problem?

Check to make sure the diverter assembly didn't fall apart. Mine started to and there is a service bulletin about this. Some machines did not have lock nuts installed.

#3940 3 years ago

Anyone notice a slight bubbling in the cabinet decal on the side under the lock bar? I'm seeing it on both sides. And I actually have it on my Hobbit too which I just noticed. Have to look at it with a flash light to see it.

#3962 3 years ago

Everyone leave the felt between the legs and cabinet? I feel like its a little wobbly this way but maybe it's me.

#3976 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

So a few minor things...
1. The rollover on the GNR inlane seems to be really high or perhaps a bit bent, balls sometimes get caught on it (like the photo attached).
I hit the flippers a few times and the ball slides down the inlane but it obviously ruins some of the flow... any ideas on how to adjust?
2. The guitar pic spinner in the center lane (Richard) often doesn't come back to the proper upright position (and sometimes traps a ball). Is it just a matter of applying a drop of oil? (I've seen the kind mentioned on a forum post before but the name escapes me!)
Had one of the guitar ball locks not drop while playing a game today. Did a test of the coil and wouldn't work... Power cycled the machine and now seems to be fine...not sure if that's anything to keep an eye on as well?
Thanks all!
[quoted image]

I have the same issues with the rollovers and guitar pick spinner trapping balls. The rollovers I have had to bend so they are straight up. I had this issue with the shooter lane too. It would get stuck on the left side. I also get a ball trapped up by the right pop bumper. I may have to put something on the Playfield or adjust sensivity of the pop if that is possible. This isn't too much of an issue since it will pop the coil after about 20 seconds of no activity. .

#3983 3 years ago

What is the process for unlocking patience? I've done it once but have no idea how I did it. By the way.....I would pay up to add more songs. This is how it should be done. Let these machines keep making more money over time.....

#3991 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thereā€™s a patch that unlocks patience.
As for the other comment. The problem is that companyā€™s will develop games with that intent prior to release, and theyā€™ve been doing just that! Pinside and podcasts have been doing everything in their power to help pinball companyā€™s rip us off even further, and it worked. We have a $600 topper that unlocks a mode (JP). We have a kit that unlocks lighting and artwork effects (STH). We have a freakin $1000 plastic topper (Elvira). $10 says stern has something up their sleeve for Zep - itā€™s probably a $1500 topper to unlock stairway to heaven or something along those lines. Do we really need DLC in pinball when they cost $6k-$10k.
We have 21 songs and one of the most beautiful (and best) pins ever developed, save the scams for stern and their 10 song zizzle-like music pins. Letā€™s leave the classy design intents to JJP, Spooky, and API.

All fair points....but I would buy more if I could. But that's just me. lol. How about a monthly subscription? Kidding......

#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Ball is getting hung up on the auto plunge often and multiple balls are getting stuck in there during multiballs. Thoughts? Seems like it should be an easy adjustment. Also had a small issue with my shooter rod not plunging the ball hard enough. Turns out the whole shooter rod assembly was loose and tightened the 3 screws that hold it on and now that is much better. Just need to figure out how to prevent these balls from getting stuck on the side of the auto plunge.
[quoted image]

Make sure the wire hanger thing is as straight as possible. I had the same issue. I removed it and bent it so it was straight.

2 weeks later
#4646 3 years ago

And let it begin......$20K for a CE in the marketplace.....

1 week later
#4990 3 years ago

My right guitar lock keeps going up and down all of the sudden. Anyone have this issue?

#4996 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine did this. Look under the hood. The bolt under the coil was super loose on mine. Unfortunately, the coil sleeve was shot as well because of it. JJP sent me out a few new sleeves, springs, and a coil. But Mr KED (Karl) had my back and dropped a couple sleeves off at my house. That seemed to be my fix.
Itā€™s not too bad taking the mech apart either, pretty easy actually, just unplug the connector - 3 screws holding it in and voila.

Thank you for this. I will check this out...

#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This fat Axel argument is hilarious.
In an over enlightened woke ass country we can still make fun of a middle aged white man!

Must be a bunch of young body builders on Pinside.....

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Good points! I don't mind old Axl. I would like to see all those retro concerts and videos from when I was a dumb kid. Lol

Just a little footage from live at the Ritz would have been epic....like the intro to welcome to the jungle.....

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Yep
Just picked up from Mike this morning..
So far no issues. One of the boards had some missing screws which turned up in cabinet otherwise looks great

I was over there this afternoon.....first time visit. GNR was getting a lot of love....

1 week later
#5249 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Anyone with tips on keeping the skill shot from going stdm? I've been tweaking the pass under bumper up, down etc. Not helping. Auto launch is almost always a goner.. Skill shots are 50/50

Yeah I struggled with this too. Still not perfect.... I bent down that metal (where the ball finally rolls off of) down toward the clear rubber bumper as much as possible. Also make absolutely sure your playfield is level. Use a good level.

#5384 3 years ago

Up and down is easy.....its when you want to center it perfectly in the hole because you are over the top OCD that gets a bit more difficult....

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Hobbit is a uniquely noisy machine. Everyone that hears it for the first time asks if it is broken.

Yes. I thought my Hobbit was broken when I first got it. I think it's that target reset or something that gives a horrible crunching noise. It just sounds wrong!

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Was this announced by jjp at all or did Someone just see the magic numbers update themselves all over the web? Was there any communication to the public or just to the distros?

I don't think there was any announcement. It would have helped. If they said due to increased manufacturing cost (or something) there wouldn't have been such an uproar here. Do like Tesla and warn folks its coming by a certain date so they can get orders in.....

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I wish it was 10500 Euro for me here in Europe. my 10.000 Euro got a 2800 Euro price increase due to 25% tariff. Never thought i would be glad that i swallowed that hit and kept my order going. It cost me almost 13.000 Euro now for the LE. Do not want to know what the price will be with an additional 1000 dollar increase that gets the same tariff treatment. Either way mine is arriving in 2 weeks so i will be happy during the spring this year.

I would hate to see the increases hitting the EU market as well... These tariffs are too much. I hope they keep pricing the same as they were previously outside of the US.

#5733 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This is what the owners thread is for , keep them coming .
I doubt I'll ever have a score worth posting but if I do , this is where I will post it .

And my name is Greg S as well so I pretend its my score.....

5 months later
#12296 2 years ago

I JUST put my mirror blades on. But..... I really like those new art blades......gonna have to do a switcheeroo...

#12306 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Almost broke 80,000,000 finally!!!
Knew it was gonna be great when I got past Slash solo without losing a ball. Also did DD album mode (beta), tour multiball, and had 55,000,000+ on Paradise City I cashed in before end of song. Patch strategy and booster multiball success fueled the madness.

I'm totally with you on the score minus 1 zero....

2 months later
#15150 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Totally off topic but we just had a massive earthquake , everything's fine but we never have earthquake's . Such a weird feeling

Oh man. Hope all is ok.

#15154 2 years ago

Can someone please explain where the LED strip goes on the new topper? It appears from the tiny pic in the instructions that it goes inside the bracket and the acrylic lays on top of it. This doesn't seem right. I'm so confused.

#15157 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think you're like only the third person to get one.

haha. And the only one who can't figure out how to put it together! I feel so dumb!!!

#15160 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's like the jjPotC one (and it seems to be from the pics), then yeah, the LEDs lay in the channel pointing up and the acrylic is suspended over them.

OK thanks. It just seemed weird to me. I was afraid to do it.

#15175 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I put mine on last week. Step 6 says along the back of the bracket. So the LEDs will shine up directly below the sign when itā€™s screwed in from the front holding it to the back of the bracket.

Thanks. This is exactly what I did. "Back of bracket" is what confused me. I say that's inside of the bracket. I thought back was on the other side facing the wall. lol. I think I was reading in to it too much.

2 years later
#27265 3 months ago

I was just playing a game and started to smell something burning in the backbox. It seems to be coming from the main mother board. All fans working. Anyone ever have something like this? Everything works.

#27285 3 months ago
Quoted from killborn:

When I smelt burning plastic on mine, it was one of the OG servos burning up. Melted the casing pretty good. I'd give them a good whiff and then check in servo test.

Good call. I believe it was indeed the servo....in fact I think I lost both at the same time as they are not working. Time to order new ones.

1 month later
#27658 63 days ago

I replaced all my servos and one was still giving me issues. Pulled the connector out of the board on the bottom of the playfield and reconnected and all is right in the world. One of the servos was melted that I replaced. I hate servos in pinball if I'm being honest. I just haven't had good luck with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=insight75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.