IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atg1469.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2573 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the average wait time would be if you ordered an LE straight from JJP?

2 weeks later
#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Hmmm, my distributor was told by jjp CEs getting built in December followed by LEs starting after new year. Was told to expect my LE Jan/Feb and I was a day one order.

This is exactly what I've been told as well. CE's next then another round of LE's, but I the timeframe for the LE's could extend to March. Luckily, I'm picking up my machine tomorrow from another individual so I don't have to wait! Looking forward to joining the discussion after that as I'm sure I'll have tinkering questions!

3 months later
#7258 3 years ago

Just got the call too, the LEs are coming boys!!

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When did you put your order in? I know, a very rough way to judge since I donā€™t know how many were sold in between when you ordered it and when I ordered it, but curious.

I purchased someone elseā€™s pre-sale spot in Late November, doubt thatā€™s going to help much.

1 week later
#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I actually like my spaghetti incident decal as it is the only connection to that album in the game. With that being said I would PAY for future extra content in this game. Clearly the modes need polish and I expect that to develop with time but how much would you pay for an additional 5 song set in this game?

OH man, great question! I'd have to go back through their song library to try and identify which songs were left off, but if it were as simple as downloading an update to access the new content/modes I'd happily shell out a few hundred bucks. This is easily the most defining quality of the game to me, and something no other machine has been able to replicate yet, so I'd definitely want in on this!

1 week later
#7919 3 years ago

I just got my GnR LE this week and tried installing the black mirror blades today but I canā€™t get the hole for the back box hinge to properly align. Itā€™s like a few centimeters off but enough that the bolt wonā€™t go through, so Iā€™m considering cutting them down a bit. Any one else had to deal with this? Bad idea or not?! Appreciate the help as always!

#7921 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So what would happen if someone trucks from the other side?

As someone who accidentally tricked his game on the wrong side, I can tell you nothing bad happened to my game.

#7958 3 years ago

This weekend I installed the Pinwoofer system to my GnR and I gotta tell you I think this thing is a must-have for this particular title! It makes a huge difference to the song quality as well as to hearing the shoutouts and gameplay F/X. I added the tweeter upgrades and an external sub as well. Tweeters will likely take me awhile to really say whether they added anything but for $50 I figured what the hell. The external sub is completely over the top and unnecessary, but that's kind of the effect I was going for! The walls fucking bleed when I play this game now!

Anyways, long story short, if anyone has any use for the stock sub or tweeters that came with the machine, hit me up. Happy to make a deal if someone can put these things to use. Oh, and go buy a Pinwoofer system, you won't be disappointed!

#8049 3 years ago

Has anyone successfully replaced their coin door lock on this machine? I want to install a thing lock instead of the keyed one but I canā€™t remove the nut holdings in place because of this spiked washer behind it. Any ideas how to get this done?!

0BFEBD26-1177-4AB8-9A57-9373B6D53C47 (resized).jpeg0BFEBD26-1177-4AB8-9A57-9373B6D53C47 (resized).jpeg
#8055 3 years ago

Remove the cam.
Wrap a pliers around the nut, loosen and spin off. Or use a 7/8ths inch deep well socket to remove the

For the life of me I can not get the nut to budge. Again, it seems like whatever kind of washer is behind it is keeping the nut in place. I do not have a well socket so any other suggestions?

#8118 3 years ago

I had to cut about an 1/8 of an inch off them to make em fit but they have no issues making contact with the playfield. Perfect in that regard, but donā€™t expect it to be a completely easy install.

#8125 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What did you cut them with?

I used a Dremmel with a cutting tool, but I know others have used tin snippers with success as well. It wasnā€™t a huge chore but certainly not plug nā€™ play. That said, the end result is fucking beautiful so itā€™s worth the hassle! The added reflection really amplifies the visuals!

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Did you go with the normal mirror Blades or black mirror blades .

Black mirror.

#8326 3 years ago

In case there's anyone interested in adding to the already ridiculous light show, Pin Stadium announced a new "concert edition" line today! Only 25 sets remaining of the first run. I'll update the group on how they look after I install!

https://pinstadium.com/product/neo-concert-edition_pinball_mods/

#8405 3 years ago

Apologies in advance if this has been answered already, but my game is auto-launching every ball and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Happens constantly, if the ball sits in the trough for a few seconds the game is gonna launch it. It used to happen a bit more intermittently but now it's constant. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

#8527 2 years ago

Also, are mirror blades recommended for the LE?

I have black mirror on mine and frankly they look as if they should have came with the game! They really enhance the look and the light show, highly recommend. Relatively easy install and they do not seem to interfere with raising/lowering the playfield.

#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I really want to get one of these , would love to see a , step-by-step video install .
I watched the Wonka install and thought it rushed a few steps , and wasn't very clear and with the new tweeters install , I'm just not sure .
I don't want to spend a lot of money on this mod and fuck up , the install process .

Dude, itā€™s a super simple install. Do not let that hold you back from adding what is easily the best mod you can add to this game! Took me maybe 45 minutes total including the tweeters.

1 week later
#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^ Also on the subject of mods
Now that I have an ETA of mid June for my pin.
I have already received my exceptional Lior Skull + Button mod.
Whatā€™s the best side blades to get for the LE?
Iā€™m usually a mirror man but thinking vinyl this time around due to clearance.

Black mirror 100%. I added them and have no issues with clearance when lifting the playfield.

#9205 2 years ago

I've been following the spotlight issues on here with great interest, waiting for my time to come, and as luck would have it this weekend my right spotlight's vertical arm finally shit the bed. Contacted my distributor, put in a ticket on Monday, parts arrived this afternoon!

Obviously, I gotta install them still which will take some time, but I really don't understand the arguments people are having on here about this type of shit. Yes, I know it's a new machine and yes it was not cheap, but things break when you send a steel ball hurling around a bunch of wood and plastic pieces! As long as JJP does its best to make it right, I think that's all you can ask for and personally I'll gladly continue to give them my money.

Maybe I'm a masochist but learning how to troubleshoot the problems and fix them is actually something I've come to really enjoy about the hobby. The support from communities like this make it even better! My two cents anyways.

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Where did you get your black mirror blades. The only place I found them was at Pinball Decals.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html
Are there any other sources for the black mirror blades?

Yeah, thatā€™s where I bought mine. Great quality, very pleased! Not cheap tho.

1 week later
#9575 2 years ago

When you guys have been replacing your spotlights, have you noticed the replacements making a lot of noise? I just replaced both spotlights and the replacements move in all the appropriate directions but they're making some pretty bad noises that don't seem right to me.

I sent a video to the JJP team but wondering if this may be a common issue with the replacements being sent out? Doubt you'll hear it when the game is on but I suspect these things won't last long based on what I'm hearing.

1 week later
#10319 2 years ago

Props to fooflighter foe the documentation on his cab lighting setup, itā€™s a solid addition for sure! The lights reacting to the music is an added over the top bonus!

3D7B47AA-C5F5-49A1-9208-8EC2BB023C00 (resized).jpeg3D7B47AA-C5F5-49A1-9208-8EC2BB023C00 (resized).jpeg
#10678 2 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Hi folks, here are some WS2812 LEDs in Action, retrofitted on a LE with custom Topper...

Damn right!! Looks awesome man! Did you document how you were able to connect the LED's to the siderails?

1 week later
#11159 2 years ago

I bought the black mirror version and needed to cut a bit off the back in order to get them to line up properly with the hinges. Just used a dremel to cut them, maybe removed a quarter inch at best.

Quoted from jarozi:

Yes, I installed them with the hinge bolts partially covered by the blades, same as in my AFMr. Yuck, need to clean that glass
[quoted image]

#11362 2 years ago

For those of you who may have ordered the first run of the Pinstadium concert editions, all I can say is be prepared to be wowed! I installed mine last night and hot damn are they impressive!

I never felt like this game needed more lighting (obviously) but I loved the idea of adding more "spectacle" and these things absolutely deliver that in spades! They light up parts of the game I never knew even needed it and the effects are perfectly synched with the hotrail LEDs. The colors these babies throw across the playfield when you hit the guitar spinner and pick shots are fucking incredible!

Outside of the Pinwoofer addition, I think these are right up there for one of the best mods for folks to consider. I'll try and capture some video over the weekend, but not sure I'll be able to do them justice! Install took about 30 minutes but 20 of that for me was installing the new mounting hardware so that they sit above the playfield and not directly attached to the sides.

On a side note, since these tap into the hotrail LEDs and come with a separate power supply, I also think you could tap into this system to drive any outside LEDs you want to mimic the internal lighting sequences as well. Just a theory but for now but I think it would work.

#11386 2 years ago

Hereā€™s a pic of the mounts. If Iā€™m being honest, Iā€™m not sure theyā€™re worth the money. I appreciate the fact you wonā€™t have to remove the light bars every time you need to raise the playfield, but they still adhere to the sides. For me, the biggest annoyance about Pinstadiums is the width that the magnetic tape adds to the sides; especially if yours like me and canā€™t help but add mirror blades to every game you own! So for me the mounts are not a game changer, the lights themselves thatā€™s a different story!

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Could you please share pictures of the Xeno mounts how you installed it? I just placed an order and I'm curious how they look.
Side note: you should not tap into this to drive any outside LEDs because the current draw will likely cause problems for the PinStadium controller (maybe even fry it). However, a separate power supply for any other LEDs is pretty easy to add in.

585015B7-883C-45C4-BBC8-B12D7BFE1FD9 (resized).jpeg585015B7-883C-45C4-BBC8-B12D7BFE1FD9 (resized).jpegDBA51816-4BE7-4877-A167-64B7031FAD6D (resized).jpegDBA51816-4BE7-4877-A167-64B7031FAD6D (resized).jpegF161371F-A0ED-4B05-A619-E890894A1711 (resized).jpegF161371F-A0ED-4B05-A619-E890894A1711 (resized).jpeg
#11387 2 years ago

Hereā€™s a video of the new Pinstadiums in action. Mind you I had to record the video so this is just the game in attract mode! Songs are a whole other animal!

4A7BAE78-9700-4EB8-ADAB-02D3A473341F (resized).jpeg4A7BAE78-9700-4EB8-ADAB-02D3A473341F (resized).jpeg
#11413 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Can't find the video.. is it me?

Shit, I thought I deleted this post! Apologies, didnā€™t realize I couldnā€™t upload a video directly, so I was going to repost once I uploaded the video somewhere else and could link to it. Here the video:

#11417 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So much blinking. Why ruin the light show?

Everyone is going to have their opinion, and rightfully so. You say ā€œruinā€, I say ā€œenhanceā€! Again, Iā€™ll try and take some video of a song in action, may do more justice to the experience than just the attract mode.

#11418 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have when I bought black mirror plates and coloured plastic protectors installed at the same time. Looks very cool.
[quoted image]

Where did you buy the colored protectors?

#11508 2 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I went with bookend GnRs
[quoted image]

Fuck yeah, congratulations sir! Get an Aerosmith in there at some point too!

#11608 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I bought those and installed them but the back side hits a piece of wood so they don't center over the hinge screw perfectly. But its close enough honestly. Screw goes back in fine albeit clipping a little bit of the blade. No one will notice while playing.

Mine did the same thing. Cut a quarter an inch off the back using a dremmel tool and they fit perfectly. Like you said, it's likely not noticeable but I really wanted it to be flush.

#11728 2 years ago

I hate asking such a noob question but I can't seem to find this documented anywhere on here. What size rubber do you suggest for the outlane posts?

I'm getting a lot of drains on that left side and wanted to test adding a small rubber to the currently bare middle outlane, but not sure what size to order. Every time I guess and buy I end up spending $7 in shipping for a .07 cent part, so figured I'd do the more sensible thing and ask the experts this time around!

#11843 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

The under cabinet lighting on the CE or DYI mod looks cool on youtube, but what is it like in person? I play in a dark room and love the lights of my LE (no under cabinet lights) and it is hard from me to imagine how it could get any better. Does the under cabinet lights take it to the next level or does it actually somehow take away from the light show from inside the cabinet?

IMO it doesn't necessarily add to the experience taking place inside the game, but it does make the lighting effects seem bigger if that makes sense. You're always going to be more focused on the following the ball than watching the light show, but the exterior lighting bouncing off the walls does make it feel more immersive. I went overboard on my machine adding Pinstadiums, Pinwoofer, and an external sub in hopes of making it as concert-like as possible, and I think the external lights tie it all together! Plus, it's not a very difficult addition to make once you have all the parts sourced, and now its even easier with all the solid documentation on here.

#11861 2 years ago

Against my better judgement, I'm going to go ahead and share this video since I said I would! I know I'm setting myself up for all the Pinstadium haters to come barking, but here's a vid of the Pinstadium Concert Editions in-action along with the external LED hookups doing their thing. The video makes it look intense (and it is I'll admit), but truthfully I can track the ball a lot easier now with the brighter lighting. Scores have been improving and for my personal tastes I fucking love this new setup!

2 weeks later
#12435 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Shooter lane gate issue
Can someone post a picture of the shooter lane gate.... when it auto plunges the ball, the ball passes through the gate and when it travels back hits the flap bounces back up slightly the flap opens and then the ball goes back into the shooter lane. This happens multiple times during a game. To me the ball is hitting the metal and not the blue rubber... is this peel and stick? Can I move it lower on the gate to stop this issue?

I was having this intermittent issue for months. Tried everything to fix it, eventually replacing both trough boards, which seemed to fix it. However, during my last game it did the same thing one time, which makes me think it could be something else now. I'll definitely be looking at the wiring harness now though, this makes total sense!

What I guess I don't understand is I've been working with Ken from JJP for months trying to troubleshoot this issue and not once has he mentioned the wiring harness being a potential problem. Feels like Pinside is more in the know than the damn manufacturers!

#12634 2 years ago

Does anyone selling just the scaffolding mod for the lights in the back of the playfield and maybe around the spotlights? I ordered LIORs speaker kit so I donā€™t need those but I like the look of some of the other kits Iā€™ve seen, but they include more parts than what I need.

#12735 2 years ago

So my game is continuing to auto launch balls despite my efforts to correct the issue. Iā€™ve replaced both trough boards at this point, adjusted the target at the end of the skill shot area but not sure what else to try. I noticed that every time it launches it scores the skill shot so Iā€™m guessing it must be some sort of sensor issue? Iā€™m still a little green to these types of fixes but if anyone has any suggestions Iā€™d appreciate hearing em!

#12737 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That target at the end isn't the skill shot.

Right number of balls in the game and all accounted for ? Take one out and check.
LTG : )

Yes, thereā€™s definitely six balls in it. I recalibrated the sensors and that fixed the issue but itā€™s bound to come back. It always does.

#12863 2 years ago
Quoted from Billekletser:

Have you found a solution

I have calibrated the sensors a few times but it makes no difference... do you still have this problem? this happens almost every game
I also notice that the plunger / coil of the left guitar pops without any ball.. I don't know if this has to do with this or is it just another problem.. do you have this too? thanks for any help

what do you mean by "new harness"? are you talking about the printed circuit board? that all looks good and I pushed the connectors again

I've replaced both trough boards, which were sent to me by Ken at JJP but they didn't help. I can make the issue stop by recalibrating the sensors but it'll ultimately come back after a few games. I haven't had time to go back in and troubleshoot it further, but I was told by another Pinsider that removing the plug from the skill shot area while the game was off was something to try. No idea if it'll work but can't hurt!

#12911 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Had the same issue, you can adjust the gate, loosen both bolts and adjust it just a bit upward at the end. No issue here since.

I've been having this same issue where the ball gets hung up between the gate and the drumstick, so I'm going to try adjusting the gate as suggested here. So I understand though, what does he mean when he says "adjusting a bit upward at the end"?

#12940 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Just loose the bolts a bit and re-adjust so that it will not trap the ball anymore. Mine I had to adjust to the back, so shift it a but up, from you as you stand before the machine. You can test with the ball, it should just flow clean, no hump, no trapping. Good luck, worked for me, never had the ball caught there anymore.

Iā€™m still not understanding this suggested fix. Hereā€™s a picture of the ball resting but the gate isnā€™t interfering with the ball in any way. What I think is happening is the ball is running up the ramp, hitting the back target above the drumsticks, and every so often finds itself stuck in the crevice between. So again Iā€™m just not seeing how adjusting the gate is going to make a difference. I appreciate the help tho and look forward to being proven an idiot once again!

CE0C1B13-9963-4B92-ABF7-DA16077B60E7 (resized).jpegCE0C1B13-9963-4B92-ABF7-DA16077B60E7 (resized).jpeg
#12943 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Here is mine. See the difference in position
[quoted image]

No Iā€™m really not. Again why does the gate position even matter if the ball isnā€™t resting on the gate or touching it in any way?

#12945 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Here is mine. See the difference in position
[quoted image]

I've been staring at this photo, are you saying you adjusted the target at the back of the drumsticks and not the metal gate?

1 week later
#13254 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Anyone with PinStadiums and Xeno mounts and the speakers from Lior: the speaker in the top right will not fit, but we found a good alternative spot for it. It slightly jiggles when the shaker goes off but it works great and looks great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, Iā€™m totally doing this!

#13258 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just added a whole drumset to the pops, integrating the existing two parts. Looks fantastic. Is made with metal and the surfaces are mirrored. Put everything on a transparent plexiglass and fixed it with the screws from the bumper plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Iā€™m digging this! Can I ask, what did you use to adhere the drum kit to the plastic pieces?

#13285 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Looks fantastic as well. Difficult to decide. The details are the same, so either way should be great.
I did not use superglue, because I used a flexible 0.5 mm plastic sheet as base. Flexible, because you otherwise have difficulties putting it in, so you need to bend it a bit (only in the process of putting it on the bumpers). Second reason is that the shaker may rattle it and the connection between glue and plastic may then break the glue. Third, you have to consider that the glue has to carry the metal drums when you raise the playfield. Possibly it depends on the characteristics of the glue. I think it should not dry out completly and provide some flexibility/movement.

I don't suppose you took any pictures of how you utilized the fishing line did you? I ordered the same set as you and perhaps it'll make more sense once it arrives, but if there's any visual reference you could provide I'd love to see it! I think you're right about your super glue assessment, seems like it could be difficult to hold the weight of this item when you're raising the playfield. However, I'm thinking it still may be a good thing to try in combination with your method, but again I'll probably get a better idea of what to do once the item arrives and I can play around with it more. Either way, I do think this looks as good, if not better, than the other mods out there for this space. I'm also going to try and find a way to add the GnR logo to the front of the drum to really dial it in!

#13344 2 years ago

Has anyone found a solid solution for keeping the ball from getting stuck in the pop bumpers? I've been trying to find the posts outlining this potential fix, but I can not track them down.

#13383 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Not my idea, but just documenting how I added this drum set to my machine.
Product links:
Red Drum Set Music Instrument Miniature Replica on Stand, Size 5 x 5 x 4 in. amazon.com link Ā»
Polycarbonate Clear Plastic Sheet 12" X 18" X 0.0625" (1/16") Exact, Shatter Resistant, Easier to Cut, Bend, Mold than Plexiglass. VEX Robot, Hobby, DIY, Industrial, Craft. Plexiglas Glass Replacement amazon.com link Ā»
Multipurpose Double Sided Mounting Tape - Washable Traceless Clear Adhesive Tape - Household & Industrial Gel Tapeļ¼ˆ9.85FTļ¼‰ amazon.com link Ā»
Here's the product as it comes:
[quoted image]
The bottom can be easily removed to expose nuts.
[quoted image]
Take them all out with a 5/32" socket to remove all of the drum parts topside.
Cut plexiglass to size to fit into the recess. You'll be drilling holes through it using the wood base as a template.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Start attaching parts, referencing original photo for placement.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Place on pop bumpers using double stacked alien tape to avoid screw thread interference with the pop bumper plastics.
[quoted image]
I oriented the set towards the player, but you could orient it other ways based on your preference.

Awesome, thanks for the documentation! Using the wood base as a template is really smart, definitely stealing that idea. Curious, along with the tape, couldn't you use the screws from the pop bumpers themselves to help secure the "stage" to the bumpers? I understand why the tape would be important but as others have said already I'd be worried that it wouldn't hold when you're raising the playfield. Also, any concerns about ball clearance or air balls knocking this thing around?!

#13488 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'm thinking about adding some spotlights for the Axl figure and band members on the "stage" of the SE.
But, I looked under the playfield tonight.... WHERE IN THE HELL WOULD I HOOK INTO?
Every. Single. Light... is on a board with a connector, not good old soldering.... Where would I get the power from?

I added the spotlight for Axl as well, just used a T-tap to tap into the hotrail lighting to power it.

1 week later
#13923 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Finally got mine today. Was starting to think it was never going to get here.
Having trouble with the ball hanging up between the right ramp and the drum stick. Is this a common problem?
[quoted image]

It's a common issue. What worked for me was unscrewing the 2 black screws at the bottom of the ramp (not removing all the way) then unscrewing the 2 metal screws at the top of the gate (again not all the way) this will allow you to move the ramp a little bit. Push the ramp as close to the drumsticks as possible and then screw back the 2 metal screws on the gate, then the 2 black ones. So far I haven't had any other balls get trapped there!

#14001 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The mini drum set I ordered arrived today , not sure if I will use any or all of it , but the detail on it is full on.
One of those Impulse buys after you've had a few drinks . But it is fun when stuff arrives in the mail
[quoted image]

I installed mine the other day, took about 2 hours total. Personally, I dig it!

26217B64-8B7B-4511-8A6E-6101777541D5 (resized).jpeg26217B64-8B7B-4511-8A6E-6101777541D5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14504 2 years ago

Does anyone know if this wire plugs in anywhere?! I was messing around in the back and I can not tell if it was ever hooked up or if I accidentally pulled it out somewhere.

3C5E6D6C-6EE5-44F3-924E-676F39A74C8C (resized).jpeg3C5E6D6C-6EE5-44F3-924E-676F39A74C8C (resized).jpeg5DF7CA6D-27A2-43DC-BD46-76207250E4D0 (resized).jpeg5DF7CA6D-27A2-43DC-BD46-76207250E4D0 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14798 2 years ago

Throwing this out there, but if anyone would be interested in buying LIORs speaker kit mod from me shoot me a message. Happy to provide pics but Iā€™m sure everyone in this group knows what Iā€™m offering! Pieces are in perfect condition, Iā€™m just not in love with them. Paid $360 but Iā€™d sell em for $250 since theyā€™re not technically new.

#14816 2 years ago

Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Damonator for all his help in getting my apron monitor setup up and running! I had a few install issues and he helped to troubleshoot late on a Friday and several email exchanges before then. Many thanks, Iā€™m digging the new addition!

B819283A-8CF6-4AC0-BF15-E17FA900E4A9 (resized).jpegB819283A-8CF6-4AC0-BF15-E17FA900E4A9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#15103 2 years ago

So to this point I thought I maybe avoided the flipper issue, I chalked it up to not usually playing super long gate times, but tonight I played for an hour or so and my right flipper started acting funky. It was twitching a bit and overall not as responsive, is this the typical sign for over heating or perhaps something else?!

#15193 2 years ago

I recently increase the pitch of my game to 6.8 as others have suggested and I do believe it plays better, but now the spring on my plunger doesnā€™t seem strong enough to get the ball up/into the skill shot area. Does anyone know the best size/strength of spring to use as a replacement?!

#15212 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Before going that route I'd make sure the shooter tip is intact/not torn, and the shooter is not losing power contacting the autoplunger (it should not jump when plunged empty.)

Shooter tip is just fine. I replaced the shooter rod with a custom piece and I suspect itā€™s not making as clean of contact as the original, but it still worked just fine prior to me changing the pitch. I tested another spring I had lying around and itā€™s shooting the ball way too hard, so Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s a nice middle ground here somewhere?!

#15283 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

#2000 has been delivered here in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. August 2021 manufacturing date. I ordered through Player 1 Amusements Group based out of the Toronto area back on November 11th, 2020, so took close to a year to get here. Not going to lie, the wait was making me insane, but this game is well worth the wait. Came with v1.22 installed. I'll upgrade to 1.23 in the coming days.
This one has Use Your Illusion I on the record spinner. (Which I'm happy about, this is my favorite GNR album, I rank it even above Appetite).
So far the game is flawless, no QC issues that I can find. Not a huge fan of the plunge (I find plunges to the back of the playfield more satisfying than a plunge that only goes about 5"), but thats more of a game design issue.
My other issues are likely due to my own low skill level as a player. I have a real difficult time getting the left ramp. I don't know if there's an adjustment to the game I need to make, or just more practice (more likely). The other thing is that center scoop. When I don't need to hit it (ie when I'm already in a song), I hit it non-stop. When I actually want to hit it (ie to start a song), I can't hit the thing to save my life. Again, I think this is a reflection of my own skill level rather than a problem with the game.
We'll have to wait and see how this playfield holds up after a couple hundred plays.
By the way, this is my first pin, so prepare yourself for a barrage of stupid questions that I'll likely have in the coming weeks/months as I learn how to maintain this thing!

Most people have reported a need to adjust the right flipper and lowering it a bit in order to better hit the left ramp. It's definitely more apparent depending on what pitch level your game is currently set at as well.

2 weeks later
#16010 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try automated (pinballs.com). But there are a bunch of dists that include JJP shipping AFAIK.
I've never ordered from JJP direct and always use distributors, so I don't know JJP's policy, but you can get better deals than what you've been doing.

I was given free shipping from the distributor that I worked with, so it's definitely out there!

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Nope I actually like it, I'll post a video of the intro one sec.
HD is still processing:

THIS is fucking RAD!! Can't wait to update now!

#16178 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The way Stern does it is much better. I keep hearing the achievement noise but canā€™t look up to see what I got. Pretty annoying.

Precisely why adding the 3rd monitor is so valuable!

7904B235-8F5A-4EAF-B754-D8493BE4C323 (resized).jpeg7904B235-8F5A-4EAF-B754-D8493BE4C323 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#16622 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Since we were mentioned, that's great feedback guys - enjoy!
Here is the JJP kit for anyone that's interested - it's a game changer for GNR:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/
[quoted image]

Not that it's needed at this point, but I wanted to be sure to share my positive feedback for Dan and his customer service skills as well! Dude spent over an hour with me on the phone yesterday helping troubleshoot an issue I was having, and he was able to help get things back up and running 100%. He's passionate about his profession and products, and he goes above and beyond from a customer service standpoint. Buy with confidence!

4 weeks later
#17770 2 years ago

How do you turn on the setting that allows you to skip album modes?! Iā€™ve scoured the settings menu and just canā€™t find it, but I believe others have successfully do bd a way to skip these by holding the lock bar button?

#17772 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

there are no settings, just hold down the action button for ca. 2sec to disable (when Album is active to play)

Is this before or after you hit the center scoop?

1 week later
#18107 2 years ago

I too do not have any friends on Scorebit yet, so I'd love to jump on the challenge bandwagon! Similarly to @hornersyndrome, I don't get to play as often as I'd like but if anyone is up for some friendly action shoot "ballsofsteel" a challenge request!

1 week later
#18392 2 years ago

For some reason my left guitar lock isnā€™t properly releasing balls during multiballs. The optos are properly registering and the coils fits fine in testing mode, but during gameplay I just get the continuous drum roll/light effects like the gate is about to drop but never does. Any thoughts?!

The only thing Iā€™ve done around that area recently was add the two washers under the scoop eject, but I canā€™t see why these would be related. I did have to bend the guitars guide a bit last week because one of the optos wasnā€™t properly registering so wondering if I may just need to tweak that some more? Again, not sure why thatā€™s help tho since the optos are working in test mode.

#18444 2 years ago

Has anyone been able to determine what could be causing these LED/PFC Board Communication Failure issues? Recently, I've been getting these notifications popping up on my machine and all the lights will be frozen mid-game. If I turn off/on the game they'll go back to normal but typically they'll freeze again within the next game or two. The better solution so far has been to unplug the black/yellow wiring harness on the LED control board, but eventually the problem comes back. Obviously, would love to find a more permanent solution if one exists?!

#18454 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I did not have the problem, but when I was installing the fans, I noticed this cable on this connection was crooked and very tight on mine, and had just enough slack to pull a little enough loosen the bind and avoid potential disconnect.

I have plenty of slack in mine so I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a disconnect issue happening, but Iā€™ll add the zip tie nonetheless. Canā€™t hurt. I did play around with connecting/disconnecting that usb though and while it did correct the issue momentarily it did come back as soon as I started the next game. Unplugging the wiring harness seems to be the only solution that provides some decent relief, but eventually itā€™ll come back. Again, hoping thereā€™s a more permanent solution out there!

#18623 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Can anybody who had left ramp issues share how to improve the left ramp shot's consistency?
I have an inordinately high percentage of clunk-outs.
My success rate on that shot is like 15-20%. 99% of my shots go up to the top but will still klunk back down. I don't think it's my aim but maybe. Something seems different. The shot seemed more makeable before.

This has been happening a lot to me lately as well. I just added plastic protectors and am wondering if perhaps the left ramp needs to be adjusted some more. Thereā€™s a slight lip from the ramp to the upper playfield so Iā€™m thinking maybe if I increase the height a bit that would stop the ball from rolling back down?!

#18684 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Thoughts from owners of pinstadium concert edition on your gnr's...

I fucking love them!! Itā€™s completely over the top in all the best ways!

1 week later
#18938 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

So one canā€™t call out bad taste? I call bad taste the mod is hideous IMO. If it was ā€œMarshallā€ branded Iā€™d maybe feel different. More is more. Not always better. I think heā€™s raising a valid question, not unlike say when my wife calls me out for a hideous outfit before I leave the house. I for one am appreciative of the feedback.
But if it makes you happy itā€™s all good. But my first reaction was vomit too. Doesnā€™t make me a bad person.

Well at this stage in your life, if you canā€™t even dress yourself appropriately, I donā€™t think your opinion on how others should dress up their machines holds a whole lot of weight.

#18956 2 years ago

Curious, are others able to hit the left ramp shot from a left flipper hold without much issue?
It was an impossible shot for me with the stock flipper settings, so I adjusted the flipper direction upwards a bit to make it more accommodating, but that of course made hitting the right shots a pain in the ass. Iā€™ve since readjusted the flipper back down and turned up the flipper power instead, but it still has an extremely tough time making it up that left ramp. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Wondering if this may be just a byproduct of the flipper coil over heating? The power setting off my left hold is set pretty high (like around 26 or 28) so Iā€™m wondering if this could be causing more of an issue than itā€™s helping.

#19002 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Could your pitch be to high? Whats it set at?

Currently at 6.8 but I canā€™t promise thatā€™s 100% accurate. I used the PinGuy app but I have my doubts about its accuracy, Iā€™ll likely check again and be a bit more thorough about it this time. The game was so much more enjoyable when that left hold shot is doable.

#19137 2 years ago

Posted this in the troubleshooting thread but wanted to ask the question here as well since this thread is more active.

Has anyone found a solution for the LED/PFC board communication error?!
Iā€™ve checked the mini usb cable and all the usb connections on the motherboard and nothing is fixing it. If I unplug the wiring harness at the LED board the lights turn back on and cycle through the startup sequence but then shut off again. Obviously game is unplayable when the lights wonā€™t work, and so far Iā€™m not getting any real advice from JJP other than unplug/plug back in all the cables around the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

#19254 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

What springs did you use?

Would love to know this as well! I've felt a huge difference between my left and right flipper and was hoping to figure out a way to correct the issue..

#19382 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Looking for a colored plastic protector set ...the blue set from lermods is out of stock and im not interested in the set from germany especially since u need to buy longer screws and new spacers.
Any leads on any others out there?

I bought/installed the full set from Freddyā€™s and did not require any new screws or spacers. Used exactly what was on the game originally.

#19416 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

It looks like that set sits flush w the edge of the game plastics... there isnt any overhang.
Is that correct?
Also...which part is the hardest to install or was it easy?

Yeah, theyā€™re flush with the plastics, no overhang. Install wasnā€™t horrible, removing the upper playfield to access the spot above the middle scoop was probably the most cumbersome, but all in all took maybe 2-3 hours to install everything.

#19525 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Any feedback on the playfield protector from Germany for this game? Iā€™m getting a new build game (hopefully this month) and Iā€™m thinking the Cliffy full set should be enough but wanted to see if there was any feedback on the protector?
1. Was it difficult to install on this game?
2. How is your game holding up?
Iā€™m not looking to start a debate (some people love these protectors and others hate them - we all get it). Just curious on any real world experience and feedback.
I have 9 games and have only installed a protector on 3 of them. Considering it for GNRā€¦. but very much feel I could go either way and would appreciate feedback and advice. I like how they keep my games cleaner as much if not more than how they protect the playfield so Iā€™m somewhat coming at it from that angle.

Personally, I love the pop of neon color these plastics provide, so I was purchasing them solely for their aesthetic value not necessarily actual protection. That said, I haven't noticed any difference in how the game is "holding up" now versus prior to their installation, so I assume they're doing their protective duties as well?!

Install wasn't too bad, took maybe 2-3 hours total. Just take your time and you'll be fine. Removing the upper playfield to access the lower field plastics was a bit of a pain, but totally doable. Personally, I was surprised the install didn't take longer but very happy it didn't! Overall, I think they make a great addition to the game!

#19527 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

He's talking about playfield protectors for the actual floor of the playfield, no? I think.

Yep, misread it. Deleted. Too eager to participate in the discussion I guess!

#19730 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Sorry everyone, not trying to turn this thread into a commercial, but just to answer a couple of questions Iā€™ve gotten a bunch of times already, depending on how many preorders there are (the bigger the parts orders, the more I can save), the price for the Hyperlytes will be around $250-280, and USPS priority mail within the US will be around 15-25 bucks.
Here is the website with the high end of the cost on it (inventory is 0 so you canā€™t order them anyway) and a link to the preorder form, which will help me greatly in my parts orders! I will update anyone who signs up in a week or two and make sure youā€™re down! Thereā€™s no deposit or anything binding to be on the list, but please be reasonably sure youā€™d like a set so I donā€™t end up with a garage full of backups for my own GNR
https://bit.ly/3qRYJyD
Preorder Form:
https://forms.gle/jG27Yydvp8FpK3dn8

I agree that itā€™s awesome thereā€™s now a plug n play solution, but for those that are even a little DIY handy these can easily be built on your own for less than $100. It was a good learning experience for me at least. Also, if you currently have Pinstadiums installed Iā€™d imagine these arenā€™t compatible since they both plug into the LED control board, but I could be wrong.

Again, not trying to diminish anyones hard work. Iā€™m sure more than a few people will buy the kit.

#19831 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I haven't liked the flippers on my GnR since I bought it in December. They seemed slow to return compared to my other games, and they bounced a little on return. I decided to give the Stern return spring a try. They are the same exact length and diameter, they're just a slightly stiffer spring. It's a night and day difference, especially with all the multiballs this game throws at you. Your flippers settle back to the rested position quicker, which allows you to be ready for the next ball quicker. No adjustments were needed to coil strength because I didn't notice any loss in power with the stiffer springs. They were only needed on the main and the upper right flippers. It's not needed for the upper playfield.
At $0.62 each, it's a great upgrade! These are the springs I bought if you want to give them a try.
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html

Iā€™m loving the idea of this experiment!

2 weeks later
#20249 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Shout out to ECW for printing me the Marshall tabs. They came out great thanks again.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a few extra sets of these printed as well if anyone wants a pair. Just hit me up!

#20261 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I have a few extra sets of these printed as well if anyone wants a pair. Just hit me up!

Update: all the extras I had have been spoken for. That was quick!

#20305 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I'm currently having an issue with one of the skill shot sensors, too. Mine keeps activating, which results in an auto plunge. Try cleaning the sensor and the corresponding insert. That didn't work for me, but I think others have been successful doing that. I'm still trying to find a solution. Right now, I have just disconnected the data line that goes to the board or otherwise it is unplayable.

Seems like a lot of people are dealing with these issues, me included! Iā€™ve replaced the sensor board, cleaned the optos/inserts, recalibrated more times than I can count, and still the problem persists. I do have an external sub hooked up so Iā€™m curious to hear what comes from that topic, but I have my hookup going through the line out accessory along with my pinwoofer amp. No idea why these two things would be related but at this point Iā€™ll try anything to fix it!

#20308 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Our GNR had a skill shot issue the moment we powered it up with no modification, and in our case we were able to see it in the switch matrix. Re-seating all connectors fixed the issue, and it has not returned. We've been watching the comments over time (seeing a few different problems associated with the skill shot system) and this appears to be a general quality / reliability issue completely unrelated to PinWoofer or any other mod such as an external sub. There are many sources of vibration on the playfield such as the slings and jet bumpers, etc. that might be in play.

Yeah, I figured this was a stretch. My issue is compounded by the fact that I can't see any errors in the matrix test even when I trigger the shaker. So I have no idea what in the hell is triggering it to launch. Most times it takes several seconds of the ball sitting idle in the trough before it'll eventually auto-launch, other times it's automatic before the ball even hits the trough! Every time though it awards the skill shot before launching, so I have to believe it's an opto issue. But why in the hell none of the previous fixes have failed to correct the issue remains a mystery.

#20355 2 years ago

Fixing some damage on this post in the upper playfield and the post was extremely loose. I could actually remove it with my hands (obviously the cause of the damage) but does anyone know does this post but have a nut on it? Would love to not have to remove the upper playfield if I donā€™t need to, but want to make sure there isnā€™t a loose nut rolling around back there too!

F447407C-9881-496E-A9C4-A2F1D7C119A2 (resized).jpegF447407C-9881-496E-A9C4-A2F1D7C119A2 (resized).jpeg
#20358 2 years ago

It's an April build so doesn't seem to be any nut on this one as far as I can tell; however, the original post isn't long enough to reach the threads with the washer on. Guess I missed the part about also needing to order longer threaded posts too?! Anyone know what size I'm supposed to be ordering?

I'm guessing it's this one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4177-1

#20361 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The original post should be long enough if you just have a PETG washer there. Here's a picture of mine for reference.
[quoted image]

Are you also using the original metal washer on top of the PETG or did you abandon that piece?

1 week later
#20499 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Added hot rails on the floor...

Haha! I fucking love it!! Well done sir!

#20514 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Wife and I are going to the Slash concert tonight in Denver. Canā€™t wait to see my favorite pinball co-designer again in concert! Wish I had a JJP tshirt to wear.

Nice! I fucking loved seeing this show when they came through my town! Miles' vocals are amazing and their GnR covers are pretty awesome in their own right! You'll have a blast!

3 weeks later
#20860 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Well... This just happened on ball 1!
Crazy ass "This I Love" mode followed by the two worst balls I've ever had (see score for evidence).
I had an extra ball lit but couldn't get it up to the lanes to collect it. I hit the right orbit numerous times, bit it just keep flowing around.
How do you pick up that EB?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If your magnet is working, itā€™s way easier from the right loop; otherwise shooting it straight up the gut from the left flipper is the next best bet.

2 weeks later
#21100 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I appreciate all of the people who responded to my messages about that stubborn molex connector. I eventually got it apart after a LOT of wiggling and pulling. Was able to get all of my under-the-upper-pf maintenance completed without much issue.
However, after cleaning up excess wax, I found this screw in the bottom of my cabinet toward the back. Any idea what this might be from? I can't find any similar screws anywhere else under the playfield so maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.[quoted image]

Looks like a screw that would go in one of the control boards, maybe the LED board in the bottom left side?

2 weeks later
#21318 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Lots of great opinions here I am sure, but I'd appreciate some recommendations for audio upgrades for my GnR LE. Thanks in advance!

Pinwoofer. Do it.

4 weeks later
#21619 1 year ago
Quoted from MusicalMystery:

Absolutely HATE the new game Forced "Cheer In" Delay!! If my machine is on and I haven't played in a while I want to be able to just walk up and PLAY (like before), not be forced to wait 2 minutes for some lights intro. This new feature is just a BAD user experience. I hate it so much I would roll back the update if I could.
JJP - Please revert this feature, it didn't used to be this way. New behavior installed when I updated from ? version to 1.25

Pretty sure you can turn the intro off in the settings. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever heard anyone complain about this feature but to each their own I suppose. Still, if you feel that strongly about it just turn it off.

2 months later
#22331 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Most welcome. I'm a bit surprised at all the heat I'm getting. Yes, I'm very positive about this system. I think it's warranted. I tried to remain factual in my reviews. I'm looking forward to others trying these out and their impressions.

I dug the review as well and appreciated the thoroughness and background info you provided. You definitely seem to know your shit! The post is getting a lot of traction too it would seem, so say what you will about the haters, at least theyā€™re keeping the dialog going!

Personally, Iā€™d likely order a set but I wanna wait until they have a mini flipper replacement too. Call me crazy but itā€™d drive me nuts to only swap out 2 or 3 and not the full set!

1 month later
#22691 1 year ago

I had such high hopes for where the code was going following this update. The intro is dope, fingers crossed they can get figure out Slashā€™s solo mode figured out next!

#22707 1 year ago

Has anyone had the coin door on their LE painted to match the rest of the armor, if so what is the name of the paint used?

#22712 1 year ago

In case anyone here may be able to help my search. I'm actively trying to find a CE owner that may be willing to part ways with their skull shooter housing. I know it's a ridiculous long shot, but I will pay handsomely for the part!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141646

894a843879a0855ba096a8acbe26db187c8bb605 (resized).jpg894a843879a0855ba096a8acbe26db187c8bb605 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#22960 1 year ago

A bit perplexed by this one, but the left guitar lock does not seem to be working properly. The game recognizes the ball in the lock, cycles through the drumroll effect but the gate never drops to release the ball until the game goes into search mode. The right side works fine and both locks fire fine in test mode. Iā€™ve recalibrated and tested everything and all seems fine but just doesnā€™t function properly during gameplay. Any thoughts on what to check next?!

#22974 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does the pin drop in device test? Balls magnetized and stuck to rail?

Yes, everything works in test mode, just not during gameplay. Iā€™ll check the balls but they donā€™t seem to be sticking anywhere.

1 month later
#23609 1 year ago

Can somebody who loves their flipper setup post a picture of their lower flipper positions? I added the new precision halo flippers but Iā€™m getting a lot of bouncing from the outlane off the top of the flipper bats and canā€™t seem to find the sweet spot position-wise.

2 weeks later
#23784 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

For everyone that has installed these precision flippers, can you leave an honest review? Is it worth it? Do you really notice a difference and what is that difference if you do notice it. Really curious to hear from people that installed these. I'm not looking for cosmetics on these, looking for function. Also anyone just install the bushings? If so how did you find it?

I bought the complete kit and recently replaced the original flippers for the new halo version. I had a helluva time installing these. As others have alluded, the clamps on this game simply would not hold the new flipper shaft tight enough so the flipper kept slipping during gameplay. I tightened it again and eventually the clamp itself snapped under the pressure. I replaced the clamps and still the problem persisted. Reached out to the manufacturer and heā€™s sending me the new clamp system free of charge in order to try and correct the issue, but based on his response it doesnā€™t seem like Iā€™m alone in dealing with these types of issues; especially, on JJP machines. They do look damn sexy tho!

2 weeks later
#23883 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Anybody ever played/ seen these mirror blades with Pinstadiums on GNR?

Here you go...

#23892 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yes, that too was another reason I went with the poster art blades. Plus they came with the art blade protectors which are great when raising or lowering my GNR or any other playfield, and the poster art blades are much thinner than mirror blades.
Regular or black mirror blades also look amazing on this game. But then again, this game looks awesome anyway, even just bone stock out of the box.

I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but I have zero issues with raising/lowering my playfield with the mirror blades installed. I purchased the blade protectors expecting issues but I don't even use them at this point, and I swear I have the hood up on this game more than I play it! I purchased my mirror blades from Pinball Decals Inc., no idea if they use a different size material or what, but I can certainly vouch for their quality.

#23941 1 year ago

Had my coin door painted over the summer to match the rest of the LE paint job. Decided to see what it looked like with some gold metallic bezels and really liked the complimentary contrast in colors. Today, I went full-on xerxes and added gold trim to the backbox and I gotta say I love the new look!

This is just gold chrome furniture edging purchased from Amazon. Added black chrome to my Twilight Zone and itā€™s just as nice!

44B6CA25-35BD-459E-BAF7-D96ECF8B0CA1 (resized).jpeg44B6CA25-35BD-459E-BAF7-D96ECF8B0CA1 (resized).jpeg637817EE-A754-4C4A-A01A-3D4A35D687EC (resized).jpeg637817EE-A754-4C4A-A01A-3D4A35D687EC (resized).jpeg6E26177D-99BE-46CC-A201-12BE40F51D73 (resized).jpeg6E26177D-99BE-46CC-A201-12BE40F51D73 (resized).jpegB206E674-0E3F-4B1E-981A-1A5323B84FF4 (resized).jpegB206E674-0E3F-4B1E-981A-1A5323B84FF4 (resized).jpegFB08491A-75D7-4F5B-8C11-0C17F98A64D6 (resized).jpegFB08491A-75D7-4F5B-8C11-0C17F98A64D6 (resized).jpeg
#23944 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Wow! That is really different and I have to admit I don't hate it. In fact.... Well hell...I might even give it a go. Do you have a link to the stuff you bought?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09J1GSY2N

1 week later
#24010 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

After you get all the lights for one continent, a timed mini mode begins and progress towards next continents will be suspended - the mini mode is called ā€˜on the roadā€™. During this mode, collect each of the 3 loop shots for points which gets applied to the tour jackpot value. If time is remaining, one of the loop shots will be lit, hitting it will relight all 3 loop shots. Rinse and repeat to boost the tour jackpot value. Once the timer runs out (30 secs?), you will be able to progress through cities again on the next continent.
Hopefully I explained that right. Going off memory

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that once the "on the road" mode began you had to hit the 3 loops and then the center VUK to actually begin the Tour Multiball mode?! I've literally only played that multiball once and it was given as a mystery award, so I very well may not know what in the hell I'm talking about!

3 weeks later
#24222 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

What he said plus even faster jackpot boost during frenzy if you also have Frankā€™s Thunderchucker patch while in there during frenzy.

What patch is this?! If Iā€™ve owned this game for over a year and somehow missed seeing the thunderchucker patch well shame on me!

1 week later
#24371 1 year ago

Not trying to stir the rumor mill, but Kaneda just mentioned that JJP dropped the final GnR code but I havenā€™t seen any announcements. Just more BS from this guy or what?!

2 weeks later
#24513 1 year ago

Recently installed the latest beta code for the first time and Iā€™m struggling to find the EQ in the settings Iā€™ve heard you folks talk about. Any chance you can direct me where to find it?!

2 weeks later
#24774 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

PSA
Only passing these on cause I just got the latest version.
These things are awesome on GNR

Would love to hear how the new version compares to these?! Iā€™m sure the slim profile is a benefit but any other differences? Also, do the new versions still work with the older xeno mounts?

Mod - For Sale

GNR Pinstadium Neo Concert Edition!

Used, good condition - ā€œThese are rare, very limited, and made specifically for GNR. They are from the last run. Retail price was $549 plus tax and shipping brand new... So save hundreds of dollars on th...ā€

8 days ago

Nashville, TN
(253 mi)

Vespula

450 (Firm)

#24853 1 year ago
Quoted from Beez:

SO ... with all the hype on the new snappy Flippers on GF do you think we could order the GF flipper assembly for GNR ??

Precision flippers will offer a big helping hand in this regard!

1 week later
#25046 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes, this is actually a common problem that not many notice. I think this is a design issue (switch location) and software issue (delay time before switch can register again).
I fixed it by adding a small piece of drop dead ball foam way in the back which prevents the ball to rattle and trigger the switch twice. Iā€™m not at my game now but Iā€™ll try to remember to take a pic of the location of the foam this weekend and post.

I actually think the issue may be from the ball bouncing on the lower playfield as it drops and then re-triggering the switch, but that is just what I believe I've heard in the past. Personally, I'm not complaining and would never consider this an "issue" that needs fixing!

#25152 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Looking for some help. I bought a used GNR LE a few months ago and haven't had any issues until this weekend. I noticed during a game that the upper right flipper wasn't working. I checked and noticed a fuse was blown, F706, which controls the right diverter, upper right flippper and also the magnet. I replaced the fuse and tested all three and they all function. I fired up a game and it played ok. I fired up a second game and the fuse blew again.
I've read about magnet issues however my magnet functions after the fuse is replaced. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to start?
From what I've read the magnet issues seem to stem from a bad thermal switch, and I was curious if a bad switch would still allow the magnet to function, but it would eventually blow the fuse when the magnet got too hot, assuming the switch wasn't doing its job.
Thanks in advance!

Your theory is exactly what I would think is going on, but this sounds like a PinMonk question to me!

2 weeks later
#25283 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well done. Enjoy your ā€newā€ game!
For anyone that wants to go to the next level.. install pin stadiums neo concert editions... I happen to have a set on the market deeply discounted.

This is a solid price. I have the Neos still and theyā€™re awesome. Iā€™d consider the upgrade but spending another $650 is really hard to justify. Would love to hear your thoughts on the difference once youā€™ve had some time to compare the two.

Mod - For Sale

GNR Pinstadium Neo Concert Edition!

Used, good condition - ā€œThese are not the latest Atom versions that just came out (those are $649+tax and a possibly a wait list)
The Retail price on these new was $549 plus tax from Pinstadium... So sav...ā€

40 days ago

Nashville, TN
(253 mi)

Vespula

350 (OBO)

Compare the cost savings of my first gen to the new Atoms..
Here's the new ATOMS if you'd rather have the latest like me....

Mod - For Sale

NEO CONCERT EDITION ATOM!!

Featured

New - ā€œThe COMPLETE Ultimate Light Show for Jersey Jack Pinball Guns N Roses and Toy Story is HERE! (Works on all models of GNR SE/LE/CE and Toy Story LE/CE

VERY Limited 3rd run sold out...ā€

72 days ago

Cincinnati, OH
(355 mi)

pinstadium

649 (Firm)

#25305 12 months ago
Quoted from Bobinsky:

After my wife got me the Funko Pop! Deluxe Album: Guns N' Roses collectible I thought it would make a great topper. Then I decided to spruce it up a bit to represent all of the albums in the game, scaffolding and some lights. Before someone says that I should have tied into the stage lights all I can say is that I got a D in my engineering class and couldn't figure it out so I tied into the hot rails which was much more straight forward. I have a 40 LED strip tied to the left hot rail on the bottom and 5 LED circles (12 LED per circle) for the top tied to the right hot rail.
Some pics and a video to show the lights, bottom light goes left to right and top circles goes right to left. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haha! Awesome job man!! It's a 1-of-1 for sure and personally I love the circle LED effects you added, looks great!

1 month later
#25543 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Letā€™s face it. GNR and JJP games in general, are a pain in the ass to maintain and keep playing well. But lemme tell ya; steep pitch, drooped flippers, hard settings w/increased album scoring, powerchord hold, applause timer adjustmentā€¦this game is so freakin bad ass. One of my favorites. Happy 3-day weekend gunners, enjoy.

What kind of pitch are we talking here?!

1 month later
#25757 9 months ago

So I know people have said how having the ability to hit the left ramp with the left flipper is key, but I can not seem to make that shot happen unless I severely change the flipper angle upwards. This feels like cheating but also makes hitting the right outlane shot impossible too.

As is, if I hold the ball I can hit the ramp but it won't have enough speed to make it all the way up to the upper playfield. Are there any other adjustments that can be made to make this shot more doable?

I have precision flippers and bushings installed but wondering if something else can be done to make this more achievable without sacrificing the other shots. I'm even wondering if the type of flipper rubber being used might make a difference?! Or maybe changing the flipper return springs (I actually have Stern springs on because I was told they'd help make the flippers feel more "snappy" but maybe I need to revert back to JJP's springs)?

Grasping at straws here obviously but would love to get this sorted out if anyone has any suggestions!

#25765 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Is this all the time or after the game warms up a little? I could hit it stock out of the box all the way up the ramp like that but after an hour or two it got more difficult until I installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze fan kit. But even when it was more difficult and the coils were hot, I could still make that shot 80-90% of the time.
My flipper setup is completely stock other than that, with no adjustments to the bat positions, I havenā€™t adjusted coil power or anything - even the rubber that came with it is still on them.
Maybe pitch makes a difference? Mines at 7.5 or a little more.

I have the cooling fans installed too, but I have not messed with my pitch yet. Iā€™m going to try that next and see how it responds. If that fails Iā€™ll go back to the old B/W springs, but hoping that wonā€™t be necessary since Im pretty sure I threw away the old ones!

1 month later
#26025 8 months ago
Quoted from Slaitster:

I know this is two years old now, but my game has this issue as well intermittently. I've dialed back the coil power as far as I can go while maintaining enough power to make the shooter lane, but it still does this sometimes. Any other thoughts?

Are you being awarded the skill shot prior to launch or is it just auto-launching in-general? I have this issue as well but it's almost always tied to the game awarding me the skill shot, so very likely an opto issue. I've replaced the board twice now and can't figure it out. Learned to live with it since it's intermittent but still annoying!

#26043 8 months ago

Everyone here is giving you great advice. Do not overpay when you don't have to, plenty of deals to be had on this title (unfortunately for us current owners!). I'd also add, do not expect to buy this game and NOT have the playfield up at least once or twice a month. There's a lot going on in this machine and it will need maintenance. But so does just about every other game I've ever owned!

2 weeks later
#26131 7 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

GNR postponed their show. They were fans
[quoted image]

They only filled 50-60% of the stadium, the Illness excuse is BS. The ticket prices were very high for this market and no offense to any fans but The Pretenders being on the bill didnā€™t help much either (at least imo). I wouldā€™ve considered going if Alice nā€™ Chains was on the bill.

1 month later
#26631 5 months ago

Downloaded the spreadsheet with the suggested new settings and curious if DiabloRush or Eskaybee would be willing to summarize the differences between their two suggested settings? At a glance they seem pretty similar but I'm guessing Diablo's settings are a bit more difficult to start the MBs?

Excited to give them a shot soon and really appreciate everyone taking the time to document and share these with the community! It's this type of stuff that makes these owners forums so invaluable! That and LTG answering every damn tech question known to man!

2 weeks later
#26744 5 months ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

I lost my coin door keys. Any suggestions other than drilling it out? I cannot find keys anywhere

My kid hid my keys at one point and I was able to pick the lock using a small nail file and just jiggling it inside the lock until it eventually turned. Really wasnā€™t much work and caused zero damage. The idea of prying open the door seems way overkill to me as these locks are extremely rudimentary. Just YouTube it and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll figure it out.

1 month later
#27140 3 months ago

Trying out the new thechakapakuni2 settings and noticed sponsor patches are all gone now (fender, Marshall, Gibson, etc.). Iā€™m assuming this was a change in the settings that I just misunderstood when I was somewhat blindly changing everything?

#27152 3 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Trying out the new thechakapakuni2 settings and noticed sponsor patches are all gone now (fender, Marshall, Gibson, etc.). Iā€™m assuming this was a change in the settings that I just misunderstood when I was somewhat blindly changing everything?

So even more confused about how these changes work after playing a few more games. It seems the sponsor patches come Back somehow after collecting a certain number of other patches?! Not really sure how it works (or why?) but all I know is that none of the sponsors are available when I start a game but by ball 3 I was seeing them again?!

Also, am I crazy or is the song scoring drastically lower in these new settings? I was playing a song with over 100+ song value and the jackpot never climbed above 1M despite playing for awhile and with the band frenzy active.

#27176 3 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does this means you're guaranteed a power cord the moment you lock a ball up there and that they don't release until all balls are locked or drained?

Yes, exactly. It now serves as a safe place to park some balls in the craziness of the songs.

2 weeks later
#27304 3 months ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

So here is my take on the Upgraded I/O Board. Picture of the two boards are below for those that asked for them. I have been playing this game for over 3 years and have precision flippers, PinMonk Fans throughout, Titan Rubbers and I had the left flipper turned up to 28, Right to 26 and upper right to 14. Like FooFlighter, I thought my GNR shot better than any other I have ever played. I have my GNR right next to my GZ Premium so I experience the Stern feel and difference on a daily basis.
I just installed the new board and played for an hour. The difference in power, response and precision is night and day. Its not just an increase in power but in responsiveness and feel. It is not the same as the stern flippers, but in some ways its just as responsive with better feel if that makes sense. I just played Elton John for a bit last week and my flipper do not feel significantly different even though I know that machine uses a different coil. Of course my precision flippers probably contribute to that. The power difference in orbit shots and the inner loop are the biggest difference. This allows for better combos. Backhanding the left and right ramps is also significantly improved.
This board has made the biggest difference in feel I have realized. For anyone that has made other changes its still worth it. If you haven't changed anything, this board is a must before you do anything else.
No one would complain about the flippers if this board had been included originally. I cannot say who confirmed this would be the result, but I was advised by someone inside JJP this would be the result. It was not "it may make a difference", I was assured "it will feel just like Godfather and Elton." They were 100% correct.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welp, there goes another $400!

#27334 3 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's a must have followed by tweaking the Equalizer, I also have an External Klipsch 12 W sub with D Class guts...I usually do a slight bass boost with a scooped mid curve and a large sloping upward arc for the highs...
Best sounding pin I have by a mile...
[quoted image]

I assume these settings are with a Pinwoofer installed as well?

#27337 3 months ago

I can confirm the new I/O board works! It takes away the ā€œsquishy-nessā€ of the flippers and makes them much more snappy and they sound more solid as well. Iā€™ll likely play around with the coil strength settings a bit to dial them in but definitely making shots seem easier now. I have precision flippers and fans on as well, so if you were to ask me if itā€™s worth the $ right now Iā€™d have to politely decline to respond. Itā€™s an upgrade for sure but time will tell if itā€™s worth the money. Install is a breeze, 15 minutes tops.

#27351 88 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I was about to order the board for my GnR but saw this. I do have the fans but not installed and wanted to hear if this new board gets rid of the need for fans and precision flippers? Anyone ?

Yeah, that's a good question. Personally, I'm not interested in removing anything so fingers crossed someone else without these upgrades will buy the board and can chime in.

#27450 82 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Well in other news, The General vid is out

Jesus. I seriously do not know who in the hell they are targeting with this new music, it's god awful.

Quoted from Slaitster:

So, with the new I/O board is everyone turning down their flipper coils to default?

I had to turn mine way down, but I also have precisions, fans, etc. I was getting airborne far too often at higher settings. Still tweaking to get it just right, but my experience was definitely to turn em down.

1 week later
#27573 70 days ago
Quoted from maiden2099:

It's happening to me on Sensor 4 in the shooter lane. JJP offered for me to send in all the sensor boards for a firmware update and possible sensor repair if deemed necessary. Just the cost of shipping it back and forth.

I had trough sensor issues since day one on my game. I swapped all of the sensor boards but the problem persisted and after months of back and forth I just decided to live with it. It wasn't killing the game but skill shots were frequently being awarded before ever launching a ball and I had to recalibrate the sensors after every game to keep it "working". Recently, it got to the point where the sensors weren't registering at all no matter what I did, which was a major issue since the game didn't know if/when balls were being launched. Ken at JJP sent me yet another shooter lane board but this time also included the playfield control board, and so far the issues seemed to have been rectified. You may not need to go to those lengths but if all else fails you may want to ask him about whether swapping the playfield board would help your situation too. My gut is this was the fix that eventually worked for me.

3 weeks later
#27732 48 days ago

First game on the new code, song values are super high (as has already been beaten to death), but I also got over $30M on thirst for carnage album mode (my highest so far). Then when playing November Rain, hit the scoop and then both buttons to restart the song and the game shit the bed and rebooted. Not sure if this is going to be a persistent bug, but itā€™s the first time this has happened. Will get in a few more games later today and see if it happens again.

#27789 47 days ago

New GC. Had a 1.2B Welcome to the Jungle. Drained at least another 500M in other songs. Not sure how to feel about it honestly.

0097E32F-7798-4AD4-AC76-D0E67F5E8934 (resized).jpeg0097E32F-7798-4AD4-AC76-D0E67F5E8934 (resized).jpeg

#27825 44 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Mine is factory as well, flippers even down a notch. Something with that gap at top of ramp causing the ball to get airborne. Let me know if you figure out an answer.

This problem plagues me as well. I thought maybe the diverter wasnā€™t going all the way down and balls were clipping an edge or something but that doesnā€™t seem to be the case. I agree it seems to have more to do with the top of the ramp area for some reason.

#27856 42 days ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Beta #41 just dropped. Coma and game number Fixed

Iā€™m on Beta 40 now, but the only update Iā€™m seeing on my end is to 2.01. Is there another way im supposed to download the new beta code? Pretty sure it just updated automatically the last time.

#27872 41 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This thread is an absolute dud! I was so excited. First, it's 2 years old. It's not for THIS code update. Next. There's exactly ONE post about this code and it's from chaka. The previous post was months ago from someone complaining the thread and JJP suck.
Super disappointed.

So move on. Wtf.

1 month later
#28260 7 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Pinnovator has a 5 : 1 subwoofer hookup you can buy.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/subwoofer-kits

I actually have one of these I was going to list for sale. DM me if anyone is interested in saving a few $.

IMG_2002 (resized).jpegIMG_2002 (resized).jpegIMG_2003 (resized).jpegIMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atg1469.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=atg1469 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.