image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#832 3 years ago

Anybody order from a distributor today? Wondering what timing is looking like for deliveries now. Gotta save up a bit more but want to get in line. Need a few months. Wondering if they are weeks or months out at this point.

#936 3 years ago

Is there any SE footage yet?

2 years later
#23378 1 year ago

Joining the club soon I think. What are the most important things for me to check for when buying a used LE? Thanks everyone.

#23380 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Check if you like Multiballs first,
You think?
Because you don't know if someone will sell you one, or because you haven't played it and heard it had playfield problems, or what is the dealio here? What is it that makes you want one?

I'm sold on the game. I meant more along the lines of technical issues with the game to be on the lookout for. I have a deal tentatively worked out but not 100% done is why I say "I think". I want to see the game in person and make sure there aren't any issues.

#23383 1 year ago

Thanks both of you. I'll double check this. Can the moving lights be tested through the game diagnostics? The gsme I'm looking at was built in March of 2022. Were the playfield issues resolved by then?

#23385 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah. Playfield issues really dropped off significantly after about Sept 2021 builds.
For the spotlights, the servos are essentially consumables, so they all have a pretty equal chance of wearing out, it's just a matter of how much time has been put on the game with them running.
You CAN test the servos in test, but it's easier just to get in a song and see how they move since the movement is much more vigorous in songs.
Oh, and check to see that the AXL magnet can grab the ball and doesn't have a blown thermal switch which makes the magnet not work.

Thanks so much for all the info. Cheers.

#23427 1 year ago

Joined the club today! An LE born March 2022!

Screenshot_20221104-221245 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221104-221245 (resized).png
#23444 1 year ago

So last week I was asking about what to be on the lookout for on a used GnR LE. The pooling at the posts was one of the things that I was told to check. The game I purchased was built in March of 2022. For everyone's benefit, I wanted to let you know that the seller informed me that the game came with the post washers straight from the factory. Not sure if this is why we stopped seeing the issues with pooling on later run games or not but I wanted to pass this along.

1 week later
#23518 1 year ago

Does the Axl magnet always drop the ball down the middle rollover for everyone? Mine does not. Just trying to confirm if this is normal. Sometimes it won't catch the ball completely.

#23523 1 year ago

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll run some more diagnostics. Have a great day.

2 weeks later
#23671 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Has anybody tried the PinStadium Concert version for GnR?
I got a set in a trade. That version will work in GnR or TS4? haven’t installed it yet.
Curious if it’s “too much” when combined with the built in lights.

Tried it at expo this year. It's a ton of lights! Really amazing stuff. That being said, it is a lot. If you're the type that enjoys the specialty pin stadiums though I think you'd like it.

#23708 1 year ago

Those with a more recent NIB LE, what number is your game? I wonder if they did end up making 5k of these as planned

1 week later
#23824 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be a nice present if it dropped on Christmas Eve , so we could have it for the holidays

Hint hint JJP

1 week later
#23887 1 year ago

Getting my pinstadium concert editions soon! So pumped

#23890 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ditto. Friday I think. Neo atoms.
My original Pinstadiums will be up for sale once I get the new ones on.
You'll prob beat me to the install -if so post up later.

I don't think mine will be here this week. Probably next week. I'll get some pics when they're installed

#23943 1 year ago

Question for everyone. Should the headphone jack just work when I plug in my headphones or do I have to enable a setting?

#23948 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My headphone jack wasn't properly plugged in.
Take a look at the back of the jack to make sure it is connected (correctly.)

Thank you. I'll double check this.

#23961 1 year ago

Got my neo atom concert editions installed! So good! Not too much at all. It's so freaking good!

Screenshot_20230106-190459 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190459 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190510 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190510 (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23962 1 year ago

Couple more

Screenshot_20230106-190832 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190832 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190846 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-190846 (resized).png
#23965 1 year ago

I didn't think to use the magna mounts as well as the xeno mounts. That might work. I don't find it too distracting when I play though. Pretty satisfied with them as is.

#23970 1 year ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I used the xeno mounts on my neo atom concert set & mine are straight & snug next to the cabinet. Not sure why others look saggy....
[quoted image]

Yours look a lot tighter to the cabinet. I'll have to play with mine to see if I can adjust them. I hadn't noticed the level being the wrong way. I'll spend some time on it this weekend. Thanks.

#23971 1 year ago

Amy chance you can post a few close up pics of how you installed your brackets and how you zip tied everything?

#23975 1 year ago

I played the SE on route before buying the LE. I much prefer the LE I have to say. Don't think I would have purchased an SE personally.

#23982 1 year ago

Thanks for the photos. Your brackets have the holes in them which mine don't. Also, the bracket at the front left, wasn't there a screw and washer already there to begin with or did you add an additional one?

1 month later
#24237 1 year ago

Public service announcement. March 2022 build and I noticed pooling on the post between the left inlanes. I don't think JJP actually fixed their playfield pooling issues.

Screenshot_20230208-223426 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230208-223426 (resized).png
#24273 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's loose. Not the playfield fault, imo.
You can see the black washer looks like it's moving.
You can fix that. Remove both the washers, get clear petg, maybe even slightly bigger than the black, remove the metal washer. Throw it away. Get a 6 tooth t-nut to replace the 4 tooth.
Lightly start warm it up and smooth it out. Now Put the clear on, no metal washer, tighten down with new 6 tooth t-nut just to the point the washer starts to lift at the edges.
Did that and it's still good to this day.
Want the quick and dirty way Just take it apart smooth it all out with some low heat slowly take your time, throw the metal washer away Just use the black one, put the good side down tighten it until it starts to lift a little bit and keep an eye on it.
There's other variations but that first recommendation is what I did and it worked for me.
PS I've got some extra clear PETG washers I can send you in the mail. And six teeth t-nut. Glad to send you both

I checked the post. It's tight. I will probably try what you suggested but the pooling isn't because the post is loose.

#24275 1 year ago

I also checked and it doesn't look like the ball can hit the area that has the pooling so at least it's not taking direct hits.

#24277 1 year ago

Is there a way for me to get on to the beta without joining the telegram channel? Can I keep my settings and scores if I move to beta?

#24298 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's in settings of the game to enable beta. And yes.
Utilities - NETWORK settings - advanced settings - under updates there is a beta opt in

Thank you very much!

3 weeks later
#24535 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed the shooter lane cliffy protectors tonight. Not the easiest task, but not too bad.
1. Remove the apron and carefully rest it on top of the playfield. It's held on with two screws and two nuts underneath. Can't say I like this design, but it's ok.
2. Remove the shooter mechanism and rest it on the support rail.
3. Remove the first four screws of the rail so you can pull up the light rail enough to slide the protector under it being careful not to crack it. The screws holding the light rail down are long so you have to pull the rail up quite a bit to slide the cliffy under it.
Trough side protector is pretty standard, just three easily accessible screws.
Took me about 30 mins.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. Cliff didn't have the GnR instructions on his site and this was helpful.

6 months later
#26237 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There must be something wrong with me I love this game.

I too love this game

2 weeks later
#26483 6 months ago

Got my halos installed today! Process was super easy! Feels snappy and powerful. Enjoying the look of them too!

Went with black halos with red titans for the 3 flippers on the main playfield and left one on the upper PF stock.

Screenshot_20231009-175559 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231009-175559 (resized).png
#26485 6 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Curious did you go with the new bracket system with keyed shafts? I just did mine without the extra kit and I wish I wouldn’t have. Like he says in the thread newer JJP games clamps have really cheap metal and squeeze to deformity. I am going to order the new style brackets for GnR when I order the kit for WoZ but in the mean time I made my own keys and they seem to be working pretty good in the old clamps
[quoted image]

I didn't get new brackets. Just the flipper, shaft and bushings. I was able to tighten the stock bracket tight enough that, so far at least, they haven't moved. I will update again in 50 or so games and see how they've faired.

1 week later
#26600 6 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

I want to order Precision Flippers. Someone talk me off of the ledge.

Yolo. Do it. I installed the halos on my game. Love them.

#26606 6 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Someone installed the black halos with red rubbers and it looked stunning. I don't recall if it was in this thread or the precision flippers thread. Adding the bushings should make them a bit more snappy, too. Sorry...this was probably more of push rather than talking you down.

Here's my post about it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/530#post-7802195

2 months later
#27096 3 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Curious did you go with the new bracket system with keyed shafts? I just did mine without the extra kit and I wish I wouldn’t have. Like he says in the thread newer JJP games clamps have really cheap metal and squeeze to deformity. I am going to order the new style brackets for GnR when I order the kit for WoZ but in the mean time I made my own keys and they seem to be working pretty good in the old clamps
[quoted image]

After playing about 50 games with the new halos, I will likely be going to keyed shafts as well. I have noticed even after tightening things really well the flippers do end up drifting slightly and it changes the angles. I will be upgrading to keyed shafts as soon as I can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=king_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.