IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Agreed. They are great. Here are some of my lithos. Half of these are done by Arian. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I want that Slash Hollywood one! Where is the best place to buy these?

#751 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So CEs are being made before LE round two? That’s doesn’t sound right b/c that would mean next LEs in Dec? I was told a few weeks from now for LE.

December is a few weeks from now

#866 3 years ago

If I don't get AFD, UYI 1 or 2 then I'm going to Riot in St Louis

#918 3 years ago

Has anyone added mirror blades to their LE yet? Did they fit or thoughts on those vs custom art blades down the track?

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jjp pins are tight and the thinner the side blades the better

So art blades are the better option? This is my first JJP

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks awesome...is there enough room to install mirrored game blades? The last several JJP's I've purchased there isn't enough room between the play field and side.

Same question I asked yesterday. I believe not enough room. Artblades like on the CE might be an option

#993 3 years ago

For those using an external Sub. I pulled the sub off my Metallica with the board that was used to plug the sub cord straight in to. Is this the same case here? Can I just plug the board into the machine and then the sub into?

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

There's a GnR on reddit with mirror blades. They look great. I'd like to see printed mirror blades; https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/j85iys/gnr_le_248_tilt_pinball_bar/
Shrunken image from the source;[quoted image]

Looks nice. Stern Mirror Blades will fit these? I'm thinking black mirror only

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think JJP uses Stern cabinets. Isn't it WPC style?

This is my first JJP, can anyone confirm which style mirrors fit?

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Cointaker sells JJP specific ones, so guessing there may be a slight difference.

Can't get the Cointaker ones shipped to Australia (unless I want to pay through the nose) so I need an alternative

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Anyone have a rubber parts list for this game yet? Would love to have a spare Titan set ready.

The clear rubbers installed on the machine OOB aren't Titans?

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Well, that kind of sucks. That's incentive to not finish the song if you have a high enough jackpot built up. It should auto collect as a bonus for finishing.

Completely agree with this statement. It seems there is no incentive to make it to the end of a song. Though if you scored the jackpot automatically at the end of a song then I would assume all the short songs would get played first

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I spoke to the OZ distributor today .
He's about 15 minutes up the road and has a demo I can play . The only problem is , we are still in Lock down but hopefully that will change after Sunday .
If it all looks good I will pull the trigger .
I've missed out on the first batch but the next lot should come around January- February .
That might be for the best , as it will give me time to sell a pin and maybe they will sort out any issues it might have .

Did Paul give you an indication of when he'll get his first batch to send out?

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

Also the distributor has said it wont be until December perhaps even January till I get the machine into my garage.

Did you just order today?

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m probably explaining poorly. Hope this pic helps.
I assume the shot is supposed to follow that yellow line. Mine always gets caught in the pops.
[quoted image]

How did you manage to get dimpling on Slash's hat? LOL

#2143 3 years ago

I think you'll find those are only suitable for star posts/plastic posts not the metal ones on GNR

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s amazing how much beer helps improve flow!

Drinking beer only leads to this kind of flow for me - what am I doing wrong?

8mCk.gif8mCk.gif
#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Nice!
Just made it to that mode tonight on my 3rd game! Had a long lasting multi ball on whatever song I was playing (don’t remember) then the scoop was lit up all red after. Shot the scoop and it started “Shall we play a game” mode. Very, very cool mode! Even more cool I defeated the mode!!! [quoted image]

it says it on your high score - the song was "Better"

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Most new games are $2 over here .
I'm not an operator but my theory is ...
You would make more money at $1 a game .
If you change $5 and play a couple of quick games , you're more likely to say fuck it and not play any more .
But the longer you play a game , get the feel of it and learn the shots , chances are , you'll spend the $5 .
If you're in an arcade or barcade or cinema , generally you're filling in time and feel a lot happier pumping in dollar coins than $2 a game , so in the end you'll spend more .

All the places in Brisbane are $1 per game

1 week later
#2920 3 years ago

Maybe this cross means we're getting Izzy and Steven on this tour....but probably not lol

#2926 3 years ago

I was just informed that we won't see a container of GNR pins in Australia until after February
The wait continues......

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Seriously, from Paul? Dissapointing, only a few days ago he was expecting a container to ship any day.

From Narelle but same place

#3088 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

33 games total shipping to Australia on 6th December i heard.
In my limited experience LTG is right and the OS countries are packed and shipped so that people get games at the same time as you guys in the contingent assembly of united states of north America.

If that's the case then I'm not one of the first 33 and I ordered on day 1. I was told February at the earliest by Narelle at Pinball Sales

2 weeks later
#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Australian group buy?

Contact KJS Pinball in Brisbane, I ordered a set through them

1 week later
#4138 3 years ago

Are the manuals in full colour throughout? This is my first JJP and I always get the original manual for my games too

#4148 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Yes Paul's. No issues anywhere else. P.s also set new gc 8.2mil. So OOo much fun.

Any playfield issues on the one at Pauls? Pooling etc? Being the only one in Australia I'm sure it's had a lot of plays

1 week later
#4319 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'll be putting one of these on, made by a local bloke and heavy stainless, solid feeling and beautiful.
Not to mention in the covid aware environment, easy to clean and disinfect, unlike the dirty molded heads and stuff.
[quoted image]

I have the exact same one from Dave ready to go onto my GNR when it finally gets here

1 week later
#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

SE’s have been shipping. No more right now. CE’s going on the line now for months.

If CE's are going on the line for months then what happens to LE orders that haven't arrived? Still some day 1 orders not fulfilled

#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Skull shooter Rod came today .
It's pretty cool , lots of detail .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You get mail on a Sunday?

#4748 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

liorillusion mods installed, shits looking good! Can’t wait for the topper reveal!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the red shooter? The standard is black yes?

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

These are the cherry on the top!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to pull the playfield out to install them?

#4805 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If it helps I cut a 2x4 and prop the back end of playfield up (to bottom of cabinet )with front on the stands .Everytging is completly out of the way ,easy as throwing a magnet on your refrigerator .

I'm particularly interested in how you do this. I've tried Kidcrisso's method but ruined the decal in the part where the playfield is lifted, not either side of it

#4917 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl's streaming GnR live again now with a temp probe on the upper right flipper this time and fans installed on the lower flippers and a temp probe on the lower right flipper (that hit 219F without fans last night).
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

I don't see any GNR video's on this link?

#4919 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Live only because if he posts saved videos he gets an automatic DMCA takedown anyway from his friends at twitch due to all the GnR music. So, he just doesn't post them and only does it live. Wonderful world we live in now, eh?

Well that sucks, the time difference here means it's doubtful I'll ever see anything live

#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He's usually streaming around 7 or 8pm US time, which is, what, 11am-12pm australia? He usually goes for about 2 hours from what I've seen. Seems like you should have a shot at some of them, especially on a weekend...

No chance during the week, my job is insanely busy everyday. So if he does a Friday or Saturday stream then possibly, otherwise I'll watch IE Youtube until they are forcibly pulled down too

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

For all the guys that were complaining that the export LE's left before you got your CE's, let it be known that the ship to the land of Aus is still on the water for at least 9 more days.
I'm happy for you that you got your CE's though.

And that only 30 of us are getting an LE from that ship

2 weeks later
#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Will 3 GnR Pins be too greedy?
[quoted image]

Why do you even have 2? This isn't NBA Fastbreak

#5601 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

The increase is hitting Australia. The Le was $15,500 is not $17k!!

Still says $15,490 on the Pinball Sales site unless I'm missing something. I also assume us who ordered in the first few days will get the original price in Australia

#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Friday night pinball!!

Poor Revenge From Mars on its own in the corner

Great looking lineup

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Do you have black mirror blades ?

KJS Pinball in Brisbane has black mirror blades

#5800 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Upper right default used to be 18.
Upper Playfield was 10.
Karl's streaming jjGnR again right now with 1.13 and the temp gauges on screen for the coils. He's going for the wizard mode tonight.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
EDIT: He made it to the wizard mode and has 5 balls left to do it again. Wizard mode is definitely in the game and quite different from other ones. Uses all the buttons.
[quoted image]
Almost 100 million jackpot tonight:
[quoted image]

For those that saw the Wizard mode, it was way too cool. At times the action button was your flipper button, then the flipper would switch, then the action button was left flipper only and others. I loved it though it doesn't look like it was high scoring. Karl did mention that he believed good album mode scoring would lead to a better scoring wizard. Not sure that is achieved when Desert Demolition doesn't do anything except 500k a shot I believe

1 week later
#6229 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Kept on going and made a shooter rod housing decal too. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like what you're trying to achieve so no offense but why would you make an appetite logo that's cut off at the bottom & not to scale and fit it within the shooter housing? Unless I'm missing something here?

#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Love these shooter rods, i'll have to buy another batch as i only have one left now and got a Theatre of Magic last night that needs it.
So much better in the hand than a plastic knob.
[quoted image]

I have one of these waiting for my machine to arrive....whenever that may be

#6361 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I believe the higher the flipper setting, the faster they will heat up to the point of fading power.

Coooorrr.....ect!

#6524 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

mine arrived! Really liking it!
are folks installing a cliffy on the scoop?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I assume GOTG never gets played lol. Great looking room!

1 week later
#7168 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I don’t mind the Spaghetti Incident either but why the decal without songs represented in the game. Did they play songs from it on the NITL tour?

Yes they did, New Rose sung regularly by Duff

#7255 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Ha ha... you make me laugh. I did not mean any offence.
We have bets on when people are going to get their games in OZ. I think the next container to Australia will not leave until late April or early May. We are number 350's (I cannot remember exactly) in Australia for a LE so I think we are not going to get our game until the end of 2022. The only way I think we are getting it earlier is if people bail out.
The reason JJP do not want their manufacturing schedule public is because people will bail out of their orders if they realize how long they have to wait for their machine. Does not bother us how long it takes to get here.

You mean the end of 2021 right? If it's 2022 I may as well buy something else to play in the meantime and then sell it once I'm asked to cough up the remainder rather than just have 14K sitting in the bank waiting......

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No I mean the end of 2022 for us, hopefully earlier but I doubt it. We were hanging out to get a CE. That is not happening now so we ordered a LE a few weeks ago. 66 games fit in a big container so by my reasoning we are on container 6 or 7 (small containers are coming in as well). In Australia we have had 1 small container arrive in 4 months.. I am sure you can work out the rest.
Find out where in the list (Wayne at Mr Pinball can tell you) you are and you can work out approx when your game will be made. I am thinking they are making approx 50 games per week. You can work it out if you add up all the models and JJP build their games in serial number order. This could change as they may go faster or slower, this we will never work out. It is nice that pinsiders are posting their serial numbers, you can see how many games have been shipped.
I am fairly confident Stern will release 6 games before we get our Gunners! I think CGC will release at least 2 plus all the other guys. No way we are waiting for one game. If we like the next Stern, we are in!
You do not want to be an early adopter with JJP games. Always better to wait so they iron out their bugs. We would have sat the CE in the garage untouched for a while to make sure there are no major issues. Just my opinion.

How would Wayne know when Mr Pinball isn't the JJP distributor? I did order on day 1 and agree with potentially 30 arriving at a time we are in for a long wait. I think I'll buy another machine to play for a while and then sell it to pay for this (probably for a profit too lol)

1 month later
#8318 3 years ago

Try being in Australia - nearly all of us put a deposit down on day 1 or 2 (all of us being 200+) and yet only 25 machines are in the country, all LE's

#8668 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm trying to find the best black mirror blades in Oz . If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know .

Have you tried Kurt at KJS Pinball in Brisbane?

#8858 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I've considered for quite a while putting in a no-hold penalty for shooting it 3x in a row, a la Crystal Ball lane on WOZ...

I really like this idea

3 weeks later
#9849 2 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Posting to let people know. Pooling issue and a guitar neck chip. February build
[quoted image][quoted image]

Such a shame, that guitar neck one would bother the sh!t out of me

#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

So Excited!!! Sometimes the diverter coil has a burning smell and turns brown, We're in for the diverter fan!! Thanks again for all you do!!

Pretty sure the fans only do the 3 main flippers, not the diverter coils

#10188 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In development, see a couple of posts back.

Yep I'm a moron which is why I drained it fast - not fast enough apparently lol

#10489 2 years ago

I'm a bit confused about the washer situation as there seems to be so many options now.
Can someone please rank these in order of best solution to worst and and experience you've had post installment (how many plays post operation)

PETG washers
Titan Silicone washers
Cliffy Carbon Fibre washers
JJP Issued washers
Mylar Circles
Post sized washers

4 weeks later
#11717 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got a Guns N Roses neon today .
It's way too big for a topper , but still looks pretty cool .
Anyone in Melbourne , I would highly recommend checking out man cave madness , they have heaps of cool stuff and easily over 50 pins .

I don't see the GNR one in that Mancave Madness store?

2 weeks later
#12428 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I might have to get a Melbourne one for the game room
[quoted image]

I have a spare if you're interested

#12633 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Amazing how many different opinions we have on this issue.
Have you seen examples of Silicone washers doing ripping up art? I personally haven’t.
Also, Mylar is great if the clear is not already damaged - and that was always its purpose. But I still question putting it over already damaged clear/art - it will likely rip up the art when removed.
Personally I think Mylar (if no damage), then silicone is the best solution.
Not arguing, just my opinion also and will keep a track on my silicone washers over time and report back. Happy to be wrong if there’s a better solution.

best place to get appropiate mylar?

1 month later
#13883 2 years ago

Finally getting mine delivered in the next week. Does anyone have the dimensions of the box it comes in? Need to judge whether I need to inbox it outside or it’ll fit through my doorway

#13886 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

About 32 inches by 32 inches by 60 inches.
LTG : )

Thank you, outside it is

#13992 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I was a day one order and my LE finally arrived last night!
That said, I am in Australia, and we have had some shipping problems…

I'm also a day 1 order in Brisbane and told mine will get here tomorrow!
Then I'll spend the weekend bullet proofing it with cliffy's carbon fibre, protectors and washers

#14040 2 years ago

After a long wait it’s finally here!
Manufacturing date May 2021

1793CDC7-6A28-41DD-91D7-262040BF07E9 (resized).jpeg1793CDC7-6A28-41DD-91D7-262040BF07E9 (resized).jpeg
#14062 2 years ago

Well a couple of disappointing things right out of the box
Bit of bubbling on the cabinet decal next to the hinge
A broken bit of plastic at the duff ramp
And somehow there is a fly alive and flying around inside the playfield lol

12D30268-AC94-48BF-949E-889CEFD964D7 (resized).jpeg12D30268-AC94-48BF-949E-889CEFD964D7 (resized).jpeg30987D24-C256-4307-90A6-3EF62FB1C673 (resized).jpeg30987D24-C256-4307-90A6-3EF62FB1C673 (resized).jpegA2031218-3C61-4EE3-A3CD-B26317C915B6 (resized).jpegA2031218-3C61-4EE3-A3CD-B26317C915B6 (resized).jpeg
#14071 2 years ago

Well if you hear of a new strain of Covid then I’m probably to blame, didn’t see him fly away from the machine but it’s in Brisbane somewhere lol

#14075 2 years ago

Okay about the start protecting the playfield. Cliffy shooter lane protector is in. I’m scared as hell to put the cliffy on the centre scoop but it has to be done.
I know some of the posts that need washers and cliffy carbon fibre but does anyone have a diagram of all posts that need it? I saw a post here but it’s not key posted and I have pooling around some posts straight out of the box

#14110 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I also did it on the yellow ones here as well. My AXL lanes were starting to show signs so I did them as well. And a few more at the bottom with high velocity impacts and traffic.
[quoted image]

Would you still put them under the slings if the black washers are there or do those existing washers do the trick?

#14124 2 years ago

I’m one of the Aussies in the latest container and I can vouch on 2 accounts
#1 My machine arrived with damage on the decal around the hinge, a broken plastic and also wouldn’t even work when I first turned it on
#2 Paul was very helpful in getting the computer rebooted through an unconventional method and my machine started
No one explained how a fly got into the pinball and survived the trip - where was the QC there

#14142 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

It’s a bit rough that you’ve got to do all this work to make sure the playfield doesn’t bork out after 50 plays when this should’ve been done at factory. I want to play a machine not take it apart before I can play it.
And let’s not mention the fact that they’re more expensive than a small car with a warranty that you may as well use as toilet paper but in saying that you’d probably tear your ass open with it if you indeed used it as tp…

I agree with you as I just spent hours installing cliffy’s, putting carbon fibre rings and Petg posts under ever potential problem post. Brand new game and I turn it on to find….. no signal on the screen after hot rails worked for 2 secs. Nothing else works WTF

#14146 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check your USB connectors at the computer enclosure in the backbox.

Pulled out every connector and put back in. Fans come on and led strip in the backbox and that’s it. I reckon PC is dead. Had the machine 2 days and haven’t been able to play it yet

#14149 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are all the red lights lit on the big circuit board below the computer motherboard in the big metal box?

All the red lights next to the fuses are on and the one under the little USB on the right

#14151 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd try kickstarting the computer motherboard. Can you take a picture or two of it so I can see which one you have in yours. It could be any one of 3 or 4 JJP has used.

Does that help?

088DADAB-24A2-4F78-9EEA-10BBDCDC91D8 (resized).jpeg088DADAB-24A2-4F78-9EEA-10BBDCDC91D8 (resized).jpegB6AFE64E-F045-4910-AEC1-ED468C96BC4C (resized).jpegB6AFE64E-F045-4910-AEC1-ED468C96BC4C (resized).jpeg
#14153 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. That's the ASROCK 310C.
Short the two green-highlighted pins on the header pin pad below that say "power" with a paperclip (or if you have it, a jumper).
[quoted image]

With the machine on? What is the bottom green arrow mean?

#14154 2 years ago

With the machine on I assume?

#14156 2 years ago

Absolutely nothing.
Also did the trick in the video with the 3rd and 4th pin from the right and nothing there either

#14158 2 years ago

Oh okay I did the cmos thing with it on. Hang on

#14161 2 years ago

Not exciting lol
And I did hold it a few seconds then turned on and shortened the power pins.
Nothing except the fans are on

#14163 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The CPU cooling fan on the motherboard is on?

Both the one on the board and the one on the left

#14165 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the motherboard CPU fan is spinning and there's no beeping happening at post when it was powered on, it should be running and may just be stopped at a system message. Is the main screen hooked to the computer with HDMI or DVI? If it's hdmi, try reversing the cable (or try a different one if you have on on hand from another TV).
Do you have a USB keyboard handy? If so, plug it into the motherboard and reboot.

HDMI
I would only have a old hdmi and do have a USB keyboard. If there’s no message on the screen how is the keyboard going to help? Sorry if that’s a stupid question and thanks for persevering with me it’s appreciated

#14166 2 years ago

Cant reverse the HDMI the other end is a VGA cable attachment

#14169 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so the HDMI cable is converted into a VGA connector that is plugged into the monitor?

The end in the monitor is hdmi, the other end that plugs into the PC is VGA. 1 cable

#14171 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And it's wired end-to-end, not an HDMI connector in a VGA adapter on the computer end?

Nope I single cable

35779827-CA7B-4336-AE85-2F93552D0E8F (resized).jpeg35779827-CA7B-4336-AE85-2F93552D0E8F (resized).jpeg
#14174 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There is more than one HDMI out , can you plug it into another monitor ?

You mean unplug the hdmi from this screen and find another to plug it into?

#14178 2 years ago

Well I’m hitting F2 and enter and this screen is blank!

#14181 2 years ago

Okay I unplugged my britebuttons and got this

F10D329C-2085-432F-A578-E8C6D6CAA399 (resized).jpegF10D329C-2085-432F-A578-E8C6D6CAA399 (resized).jpeg
#14183 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Progress! (Didn't know about britebuttons)
Try F1.

We have success!
Thanks so much all and particularly PinMonk
I think now I should be ordering a set of fans from you, you deserve my order
Now to setup wifi etc

F2090BAB-A3B4-421F-9A03-22D956EE17C5 (resized).jpegF2090BAB-A3B4-421F-9A03-22D956EE17C5 (resized).jpeg
#14187 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hats off to you PIN Monk , you did a great job .

Absolutely brilliant I can’t thank you enough

#14191 2 years ago

Yea I will anyway but Pinmonk being such a great bloke seals the deal.
After a couple of terrible scoring games I’ve noticed 2 things
Left flipper sticks in the up position regularly and the left spike on the ball lock guitar is stuck down
Might be an adjustment on the flipper switch
And also wow what a rush! I couldn’t enjoy the light show because I was concentrating on all the shots lol

#14203 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Did the britebuttons have anything to do with the problems you were having?

I thought so but no they are plugged seperate

#14242 2 years ago

For those that are unboxing this week. I would recommend getting PETG washers under EVERY SINGLE POST you can. Particularly any post with a hex base on the bottom.
I missed the post next to the pyro target and it looks like this after 4 games. Yes 4

DEB05D30-33C8-4702-8A40-A1C91EF7D9C7 (resized).jpegDEB05D30-33C8-4702-8A40-A1C91EF7D9C7 (resized).jpeg
#14270 2 years ago

Finally put up a 30 million score today. Quick question about the selfie photo at the end. Can it be seen next to the high score list?
It seems the photo is taken and you never see it again?

#14275 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

So how many hours have each GnR owner put in switching out washers and/or posts? I did another 2 hours last night after seeing some minor pooling. Even on posts I previously did. It’s almost completely the long hex posts but I’m noticing some minor pooling near the thicker posts now too. I skipped those for now. I changed out the washer on the bottom of the left ramp and it was completely bent in half.

4-6 hours roughly inc cliffy protectors. Some of the non hex posts you should do (do all hex posts) are:
Post next the the coma target on the inner loops cops a pounding
All posts in the 3 AXL lane guides at the top
Posts above the left coma out lane
Posts below the right upper flipper where the ball launch exit is
Lastly the posts above the right out lane

#14351 2 years ago

After having a bunch of games now I have a couple of questions:
#1 how much song value do you lose if you decide to choose a different song to play?
#2 What does band frenzy do?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14354 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

#1, I think they changed the code so instead of losing value you stay where you are but if you keep the song that’s presented as opposed to choosing one, I think you get around +15 roughly. I think I saw it here somewhere.
#2, band frenzy, you can really boost your song jackpot by hitting the pops. There’s more to it than that.
ZaphX has explained both of these better in previous posts I believe. I’d have to look and see if there’s some key posts. I think it’s difficult to compile all the various info about strategy when it’s intermixed with all the other posts but maybe a few of us can come up with something or make a thread about scoring and strategy only? It seems necessary with how deep this game can be, the risk/reward and all the other elements that come into play for scoring.

Yea totally agree, with nearly 300 pages it’s very hard to find posts about how scoring works or how to boost scoring in general.

#14458 2 years ago

I’m looking for the mod decal that sits on the left drum symbol. I think it’s the brand name of the drums? Where can I get one?

#14561 2 years ago

My god I love this game! Just had my best score of 52M and I had the chance to cash in November Rain for 14M, got the jackpot to 22M and lost it. It’s such a rush
Once you protect the posts in this game play the living daylights out of it because it’s brilliant!

#14593 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I only passed at about 40 as I had more than one ball in play most other times. I had the song level maxed and a heap of patches, some collected without knowing which ones I had. The switch hits needed were getting right up there I remember seeing 1200 at some point.
I think I’m a greedy player as I’ve blown a lot of 100 + jackpots. You think I’d learn but this is what keeps me pressing start too.
I did end up collecting a 150 on patience though and it stands out on my jackpot list as most good ones are blown. One day I’ll learn to cash out earlier. [quoted image]

That’s insane, I only have 3 jackpots in double figures and I cashed out each time. Most of the time my song value is around 70 but the only ways I’ve figured it improves is by locking more balls or getting more jackpots in the boosters. I don’t even know what the jackpots are in half the boosters either. Very little info is given from what I can see

#14674 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Here is what im up against

I didn't bother with mine, very unlikely that part will damage over time IMO and you have to remove the entire hotrail to have a couple of millimetres showing of the protector

2 weeks later
#15297 2 years ago

Is there video of this 900 million point game that Karl had? Be interested in seeing that, not to compare, my best is 52 million lol

#15325 2 years ago

For all you Scorbit users I just downloaded the app and have no idea how to use it, register my best scores etc. Anyone have any pointers?

#15404 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

When starting a song, is there any advantage / disadvantage to just accepting and playing the song that they give you rather than pressing the action button to pick a song of your own choice? I know obviously some songs are easier and some are more difficult, but with all other things equal, is it best to just play the song that the game gives you?

Supposedly the song value is 15 points higher if you stick with the selected song. I haven't see proof of this though as you don't see your song value until it starts

1 week later
#15827 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

As per PinMonk recommendation, I put some red bolt protectors on.[quoted image]

I did too and have the same Dayne Henry print framed

#15912 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

have a look in the trough and poke my balls where they need poking.

I look in my "Trough" and poke my balls where they need poking too - hang on...are we still talking about Pinball?

#16024 2 years ago

Hi all
This is the first time I’ll be doing an update since getting my machine so apologies if it’s a stupid question
Do your high scores stay when you update or do they erase?

#16117 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Without wanting to be negative, Slash solo is the most underwhelming mode for me so far.
I find all other modes to be amazing
So many cool modes
Now if I could just play better

Could be worse lol, I've played over 100 games on mine and yet to reach Tour Multiball or Slash Solo.
I must suck really bad

#16190 2 years ago

I actually like the daily high scores for 2 reasons
#1 My 6 year old daughter gets her photo taken everyday as she'll never score an actual high score (not yet anyway)
#2 My friends can see who gets the best score when they come over as they also aren't good enough to score an actual score. I have 21 machines and nobody has their initials on them besides me so GNR is a hit that way

#16326 2 years ago

I don’t want anyone on Scorbit to see my scores. The scores you all are sharing here are quite frankly intimidating.
I only have 2 scores above 10 million …..and that was before I installed Scorbit

#16560 2 years ago

Silly question but how do you start Jukebox mode? I can't find instructions here

#16774 2 years ago

Can you get the artblades installed without lifting out the whole playfield?
What's the best method?

#17038 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I went with a key chain and painted it chrome. I think it's a nice fit.
[quoted image]

I ordered one of these as well. How did you attach it? Any pics?

#17082 2 years ago

Was there a post about what to adjust exactly in regards to the loops being dialed in? I missed the "how to" section

#17233 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Get a score. Save it to the leader board. Click on plus person or something like that and add someone In search. Seems like tagging more than one person doesn't work.

The plus person doesn't even appear for me - the Scorbit app is very cumbersome

#17296 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinlokio:

Snap a pic next time! I definitely have a few "keepers" that didn't make it into Scorbit.
I tagged more than one person for that score, so I wonder if that was the issue. I've been tagged to beat a few scores, but there was no way to accept the challenge. Still trying to figure it all out.
I finally received my first official challenge, but not from someone I've already followed. I'll try to take it on tonight or tomorrow.

I had the same problem and I beat the challenge score too. The challenge score was 20M and I've only ever topped that 3 times so not being able to share that on Scorbit was a bummer
On another note I've been able to do a 6 ball power chord on 2 of my last 3 songs, instant 5.5M that apparently counts as part of the song score. Much easier than trying to get a jackpot worth that much lol

#17305 2 years ago

I've started following a couple of local Aussies on Scorbit, If you want to follow me I'm TEZ (didn't know which was the initials on the game & which was username lol)
Let the mere mortal scoring begin!

#17417 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

For the Data East I always liked the skulls/speakers and the faces… I’m glad to know that you’re a good friend who wants to send me that Data East as my Christmas present, so the bricks and posters are perfect

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

For the Data East I always liked the skulls/speakers and the faces… I’m glad to know that you’re a good friend who wants to send me that Data East as my Christmas present, so the bricks and posters are perfect
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c8697cd5e3cc5eb9f5278daf9082f28585dd33de-1636535552-1800"};
//]]>

I went with the faces on my DE restore and quite happy

6B42756A-2DED-4E9D-818A-1AC1CF904777 (resized).jpeg6B42756A-2DED-4E9D-818A-1AC1CF904777 (resized).jpeg
#17422 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:…and boom
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks really good. I just ordered a set they look that good. Easy to install without taking out the playfield?

#17505 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Has anyone here installed the Pingraphix topper yet? I’m going to remove the top speakers and mount one on my CE.

Want to sell me your CE Topper?

1 week later
#17710 2 years ago

Wouldn't these changes to default setting affect the Scorbit app, particularly in challenges?

#17752 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I watched Eric's Guns N Roses overview seminar from Pintastic online this morning (Twitch). Was really great and informative talking about how the game was made, artwork code, Easter eggs etc. Hopefully the video goes up online later. Definitely worth a watch if you missed it.

I'd love to watch this being in Australia I can't get to pintastic. Please post a link when it's available

#17881 2 years ago

I'm still looking for a link to the Eric Meunier video from Pintastic. Anyone have it?

#17897 2 years ago

Is it normal that I have to short the power between the 3rd and 4th pins on the backbox connector to get my machine to turn on? It needed that right out of the box and I'm doing that at least once a month because my machine doesn't fire up

#17930 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Are you shutting the game off with the cab switch or by another means like a power strip?

Button under the cabinet like normal

#18122 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I too do not have any friends on Scorebit yet, so I'd love to jump on the challenge bandwagon! Similarly to HornerSyndrome, I don't get to play as often as I'd like but if anyone is up for some friendly action shoot "ballsofsteel" a challenge request!

I don't know many people either so just followed both yourself and hornersyndrome. I'm plain old TEZ

#18166 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

My wife would leave me. All I would have left would be this pin.

18k is a bargain, people here are asking 35-50K for a CE

1 week later
#18463 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I’ve had the game about a month now but have a couple of rule questions I can’t find / figure out.
1. What does the “fog” insert do in the upper playfield?
2. What is the single / double / triple jackpots for AMP MB? Hurry up shots but what determines JP?
3. What about Lights multiball? Shoot Ramps but what is the JP? Center scoop?
4. Pyro is easy - switch frenzy and then action button.
5. Crowd is two random lit shots then under the flipper for JP but what determines size of JP?
6. What determines the JP size for power chord? Tilt forums rules say it’s a set number but mine is variable.
Thanks!

I've had my machine since August and don't know the answers to your questions either -I'm now curious too......

#18640 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Classic! That song is actually growing on me. Dig Slash’s guitar solo.

Hate to burst your bubble but the studio version you hear of this song doesn't have Slash or Duff playing on it as they weren't part of the Chinese Democracy album

Edit: I’m too slow catching up on the thread, already several posts - oops!
So to confirm no Slash or Duff on any Chinese Democracy song as you hear it

#18642 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got it. Still a sweet solo.

Chinese Democracy isn’t a bad album at all even though it gets crapped on a lot.

#18715 2 years ago

My top 2 fuses in the main board in the backbox aren’t lighted with a red button beside them like all of the others.
I can’t seem to find it anywhere, what type of fuses do I need to buy to replace them?

#18803 2 years ago

I can only get scores of 7-8 million so these album modes scores I see here are mind blowing where I'm lucky to get 100K on an album mode.
What am I doing wrong that I suck this bad?
I do the normal Fender patch and then go some combo of Gun, Shirt/Poster, Thunderchuck, Vader/Duff before starting a song. Still get max of 5 million cashout on songs
Yes I try to play the booster multiballs as well.
Is there a patch combo that works better for crap players like me that gives me a chance to score 10-15 million?

#18828 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Whoa my heart is racing...
Live And let die, applause jackpot, November rain encore, like four extra balls, I think, cuz all I know is when I finally drained I still had three balls left. Started the next round with over 4 million, got to the point where this I love was the song selected and I rocked it out with a 5.1 million song jackpot.. played with tons of balls the whole song, seems to last forever, I knew I was getting to the end I kept shooting for the center scoop finally I saw the screen change nailed the center scoop and claimed the jackpot for a final score And almost double my old GC scoring... 12,121,853 !
I also played a demolition derby and shall we play a game somewhere in all that... Going downstairs to cool off So pinmonks fans can Cool off my flippers. [quoted image]

Congrats on your GC score! There’s my point earlier though, you did all that for 12 million yet others do similar and score 200 million, I don’t get it….
On another note what did you do to light up around the edges of the translite? I see shadow from the screen there too

#18918 2 years ago

I have the Sven speaker kit installed on my game and every single time I hit the upper vuk the ball gets stuck between the diverter and the bottom of the amp piece
Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?
Here is what mine looks like

51C3E69A-D2E4-4D4B-94A6-5DC668483353 (resized).jpeg51C3E69A-D2E4-4D4B-94A6-5DC668483353 (resized).jpegCFF5374A-E917-4658-BF3F-003C567A1F41 (resized).jpegCFF5374A-E917-4658-BF3F-003C567A1F41 (resized).jpeg
#18920 2 years ago

That’s the only piece I care about in the set. The standard ball exit up there is bloody ugly

1 week later
#19201 2 years ago

I also raised the flippers by +2 and got 3 million as apposed to my normal score of 1 million. This game is bloody hard. I get to 1 song a game and don't last much longer than 3 minutes in it. I get cheap drains down the outlanes every game. Before I know it, it's last ball

#19294 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Warpig’s a known lithograph bootlegger. Buyer beware.

But at a fraction of the cost of a real one

Plus to be honest they are pretty bloody good, no different from an original at all and the bootlegger thing is speculation

#19409 2 years ago

What's the difference between Jukebox manual and auto? I chose manual and the action button just plays the song, no lightshow or any display. So it's attract mode with music?

2 weeks later
#19950 2 years ago

I'm still waiting on Paul to get back to me on a number of things

Anyone in Australia have the official Artblades yet?

1 week later
#20130 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I had this one done a while back by a local 3D printing guy, hand painted.[quoted image]

Where's the rest of his guitar? Did it break off?

1 month later
#20871 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, about 3 more inches would be PERFECT, but as it is, for $15 total, shipped with the code, it's "good enough" and you get pretty much whatever print you want on there.

What's the code and can anyone send me the print picture? Cheers!

2 months later
#21777 1 year ago
Quoted from Bucoholic:

I can't find 1 in my area to go play or I would. Hence why I'm reaching out here. I love me some pinball and plan on keeping this for a long time.

There are nearly 5000 of them now so I find that hard to believe
Have you tried looking at Pinball Map or even Scorbit? both list machines close to you

1 month later
#22357 1 year ago

I just came here to say this is the most frustrating pinball machine I have ever played. If I wasn't a big GNR fan it'd be gone already. Can't score over 2 million and all I do is swear at it lol

#22366 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Follow the below steps…
1. Select fender patch
2. Plunge for skill shot
3. Hit drum ramp or spinner to the left of scoop depending on flipper
4. Lock all the balls you can, which will probably result in light multi
5. Keep hitting ramps (you’ll probably get the patch here, and end up getting both keyboards)
6. Back down to 1 ball? Go after whatever band member is missing
7. Got every band member? Lock balls till you get six which will automatically start the song
8. Hit lit shots, and scoop when green. Dump the ball in the pops when you hear the band frenzy call out
9. Is jackpot above 2 million, and the scoop is green. Drain down to 1 ball and hit the scoop
10. Cash out
GnR is all about pushing your luck. Cash out when you are happy with the jackpot.
Once you can do 1-10 above, focus on the other pieces. Build the score boost by completing all 4 multiballs before starting the song. Complete other beneficial patches before going into the song. Keep the song going and get applause jackpot. Always dump the balls in the pops during band frenzy. Lock balls during the song to get a ball added and allow you to make the shots you need easier.
You’ll get to the point where 20 mil, 60 mil, 100 mil aren’t even considered good games. Happy flipping

Yep I can do all those things except keep the balls in play during a song. Can't cradle during a song so it's just a flail fest until the ball saver runs out in which I then lose all the balls and get nothing to show for it

#22371 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This doesn't make sense to me because if you can do all those things you can get over 2 million.
That list from blu was in order. Not randomly.
I think you could just go for the multiballs with your first two balls then play a charity song on your third ball and easily break 2 million Just doing that.

I don’t think I’ve done them all in the same game lol
I guess I just suck at playing this particular game but I wouldn’t call myself a great player. For those that own Wonka my best score is 6M on that
The rules on these modern games are quite complicated

1 week later
#22525 1 year ago

I can both backhand the left ramp and make concecutive orbit shots on the fly. Of course I can't last long enough to complete a song though lol
My secret was as zaphX said, up the flipper power on the bottom flippers by +2

1 week later
#22607 1 year ago

For those that have pinwoofer in their game, does it really make that much difference? I don't have the volume on my games loud because they are directly under my loungeroom so this won't be turned up very much

1 week later
#22685 1 year ago

Does anyone in Australia have their name down for a new playfield? When will we get them?

1 month later
#23174 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

69 minutes and 40 seconds, felt like 90+. And thank God Scorebit didn't freeze or whatever it does sometimes because I worked my ass off for 170,984,129 points this evening. Probably played close to 10 songs. Had all but 8-10 patches. Highest song jackpot was maybe 30,000,000. Highest powerchord was 6 balls and 8,500,000. I cashed out on about 3 songs for extra balls. Probably had 4-6 total extra balls. Kept skipping album modes. Actually beat Slash solo the only time I got stuck with it. Still only my 5th best score but I'll take it.
After having several sub 30,000,000 games this week and almost deciding it was time to rip off the glass so I could clean and wax it again, somehow I found my groove again. I still need to clean and wax it again. But I will sleep better tonight. This game will never leave my collection.

I find it funny that a sub 30,000,000 game is worth noting as a bad game for you, 30,000,000 is the 2nd best score I’ve ever had in 18 months of ownership

#23189 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I know what you mean, but you gotta keep it in perspective. He's currently #7 globally on scorebit. It'd be like playing a pickup game of hoop and finding out one of the guys plays in the NBA.
[quoted image]

Lol I've done that with Flag Football - went to have a casual game with someone I know in the USA and found out Hall of Fame WR Andre Reed was playing!

#23208 1 year ago

Has anyone in Australia got a replacement playfield? I spoke with Paul and there is no MSRP or details of when they’ll arrive

1 week later
#23348 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The wife had a friend come over and they played GNR till 5am !
They thought having their picture taken with Slash was the best thing ever .
At one point they called out to say they had lost the ball , I looked in all the usual places , I was surprised to find where it was , haven't seen that before .

I've gotta go spring for that neon sign, it's a lot bigger than I thought it was

#23394 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's cool , but they don't ship down under and we have to pay more for most things , like NZ and Europe .

Pinball Haus in Brisbane has the JJP Neon for sale $345 AUD I think it is

4 weeks later
#23652 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm off to see this theme live in person today , hopefully it's as good as the game is .

I went to the Gold Coast show, they played about 3 hours worth, awesome set

3 months later
#24538 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I picked up this game again pretty much as a cool jukebox because I don't much enjoy the actual gameplay. It does look and sound amazing though (with pinwoofer kit). I find guests hate it because it’s a music pin that many people don’t get to hear any music. They get the game beeping and booping around trying to qualify a song and have no idea what is going on, then the game ends. The experience isn't great.
I would love a mode option to just pick a song and play for points. Just one ball the whole time that gives you penalties for drains or something like that but let’s you experience the concert aspect without the annoying crap in the beginning. Keep the level progression from the game during the song since objectives are already coded. I would play that to chase song leaderboards way more than the actual game.

You bought the game to use as a jukebox? Would just buying GNR’s greatest hits on cd for $10 be a better option if you hate the gameplay?

2 weeks later
#24870 1 year ago

I have to admit it’s a struggle to understand how to get the song level up before starting one and I’m sure it could be shown much clearer on the screen
#1 you have no idea until the songs starts what the level is
#2 it’s not clear what strategy works best
I always have a song level in the 70’s and can’t get over that hump, even when I lock 6 balls
Orbits seem to help and probably jackpots in the booster multi balls though I also struggle to understand where those jackpots are, only Pyro is clear. What else builds song level?
Playing better is certainly 1 option because I seem to suck somewhat at this game

2 weeks later
#25180 1 year ago

This might not be much to you seriously good players but I finally beat my GC score set on September 5, 2021. I actually doubled the score by hitting a 50m paradise city jackpot. Too chicken to finish a song so I cash out anytime it’s a good amount at all as I blow the song 95% of the time and get nothing
So stoked I finally had a game I’m happy with lol
C00FA1CE-872E-427F-BE73-3F5169A3F34B (resized).jpegC00FA1CE-872E-427F-BE73-3F5169A3F34B (resized).jpeg

#25186 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's huge! I had a similar game, just 1, GC at 72m and never come close since. High adrenaline for sure!
I think my top 3-8 are mostly in the 20s and I think maybe top 2 are 30s and low 40s.
A good game these days breaks 10m with normal games either crap throwaway or sub 10.... 2-6 normally
So breaking 100m would be a great accomplishment for me...I generally play for fun and see what happens, and sometimes I get in the zone lucky!

Very similar for me. Before last night my GC was 52m, followed by a 30m down to 8th place at 14m. So hitting 100m was massive for me. Now it’ll take me nearly another 2 years to beat it lol

#25227 1 year ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Hi guys,some advice insight please, as my GNR is my first pin, and absolutely love it, not as strategic as some of you, my aim is have fun, a few bourbons and enjoy the music..
Plus I have spend hours reading up on the posts ( and still going) awesome stuff, just a massive wealth of information that can be shared with everyone, thank you all….
I have realised I need to keep up to date with the posts, and start reading regularly, caus e I don’t won’t to miss out on anything…
Ok, my question is, if it’s allowed ( and I’m not here to shit can other pinballs) I’ve got a opportunity to get a kiss pro machine, don’t know about
You guys in the states, but here in Australia they don’t show up for sale very often, they are like rocking horse shit..
Was even looking at getting one imported..
I’ve managed to play only a couple games each, at LZ pro and the Iron maiden (Pro , I’m guessing) .. conmpared to the GNR , I thought they were pretty lame, ( might have been the atmosphere at a local pup…). These are bands I love and grown up with….
I’ve never played the kiss machine, Do you think it’s in the same league as the lZ and IM...
And is there must difference between the pro and premium models
any info would be appreciated.
Thanks all

I’m in Brisbane too and Kiss isn’t as rare as you might think
I have an IM premium and only about 15 mins from you if it helps
Ranking the 3 you mentioned I have to agree with Pinmonk
IM (any model)
Kiss (has to be premium)
LZ a distant third

3 weeks later
#25425 11 months ago

Damn that’s a long time isn’t it. My GNR will never go anywhere (huge fan of the band, own most of the lithographs on the LE) so I dont care about value
However I do care about the game being complete. I’m astonished Pirates doesn’t have a wizard mode, at least GNR has one not like I’ll get to it
My guess is scoring in the wizard mode still isn’t better than a song
I don’t think the scoring logic is correct in the game
Album and wizards modes should score higher as factory settings not tweaks

#25451 11 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Mine ain't leaving either. Also big fan of the band and having mine signed by Slash and co does not hurt. Have only the Litho from the concert where they signed it at their hotel in Groningen last year and that litho is even a little pinball themed which for me was great.[quoted image]

I have that lithograph too
Being in Australia no signatures though, access to the members of the band wasn’t east. Axl was surrounded by lots of bodyguards everywhere he went

#25454 11 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

mmm, Wondering how you got it. I have bought 6 of those because Nathan in Australia asked me if i was willing to buy 2 for him. The other 2 went to Norway for someone else who asked for them as well. Kinda wondering if you got yours via Nathan.
I got real lucky that the Game designer arranged with Slash to sign my upper mini playfield and i stuck my apron with it in the box as well and asked really nicely if he could sign that as well. He got Axl and Duff to sign as a bonus. Gotta love that

I certainly did get mine through Nathan, he's helped me with a bunch of lithographs

#25464 11 months ago

Does this game need a battery? If so, where is it?
I turned on my game to find this message. Plugged in a keyboard and pressed F1. Game then loaded
Turned off the machine then back on and got the same message

BFD09B9A-EF03-45D3-A75C-9F8EEE37DDEA (resized).jpegBFD09B9A-EF03-45D3-A75C-9F8EEE37DDEA (resized).jpeg
#25466 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes. Change battery instructions plus the one bios setting you'll need to change found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/44#post-5944281

Thanks mate for the fast reply, where is it? Inside the casing in the top half of the backbox?

#25470 11 months ago

I did scroll down and the instructions said lift the playfield….
Makes sense it’s in the backbox
In terms of powering on, do I plug in the keyboard and press F1 then install the battery?

#25472 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Could the information you need be in the manual on your Wonka?

I don’t think Wonka has a manual lol
I’ve ordered the batteries from Amazon so should be able to figure this out

#25486 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You can install it while it's just sitting at the F1 menu. The key is just to have the game powered on while you swap batteries. Then once you're done with that you can use the keyboard to press f2 and configure that bios setting.

Sounds like your battery's already dead because the bios setting that allow your game to boot after power fail already appears to be lost. So the comment about replacing the battery while your machine is powered on to prevent that may not be relevant. BUT I would still swap batteries with the game on anyway.

Once you're done with that swap, using the keyboard while it's sitting at that menu you showed, you're going to hit f2 and go in and change that bios setting so it will boot after power fail, save those settings, and you should be done and no more F1 to boot.

I just installed a new battery and pressed F2
Immediately asked for a password???? I don’t have a password

#25501 11 months ago

Well I got my machine late AUG 2021 and have only 326 plays. But my mojo is generally turn the machine on, play 1 game and turn it off again, maybe that shortened the life

2 weeks later
#25548 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Ready for the show! 10 days to go. This is getting framed and hung right next to my game.

Getting a few Lithographs at the show?

1 month later
#25738 9 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

My daughter is getting into this game again
[quoted image]

Okay where does that poster come from? Looks awesome

1 month later
#26073 8 months ago

I got excited with all the new posts that something code wise happened - it was just a show! Very similar setlist to the Australian shows

4 weeks later
#26330 7 months ago

Well I bit the bullet and did the update seeing I didn’t have beta.
Very disappointed- all my song high scores disappeared! The total scores and album scores stayed though
Anyone else get this happen and all this for an update that doesn’t seem any different at all

#26355 6 months ago

If you go and download it again onto usb do your scores come back?
Seems weird to me that every score except the songs remained on my machine. How do I get the song scores back?

#26359 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe too late now. Did you back up your settings before any update ? Always a good idea just in case.
Though backing up settings won't save a custom image if you put one in the game.

I’m afraid I didn’t as previous updates (though years ago now ) always kept my scores

2 weeks later
#26520 6 months ago

What seems to be the ideal settings now with this new code? Seeing my song scores all disappeared with the update I guess it's a good time to change the settings altogether to make album modes worth more and booster multiballs less frequent

#26526 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

IKR!! I said the same thing after I saw them in August!

Thanks. I'll make the changes I see you changed skip song intro to yes!
Is it strange to say that while I was playing I had the thought that gnr feels a wee bit more similar to my Stern Rush? With these settings with the much less frequent Multiballs and playing more often to multiple songs, more frequent modes, and other game objectives like following patches. Uncanny! I know they were all there before, but the frequency of the multiballs, while important for song value, did delay and remove a lot of the focus from the other aspects of the game. If you can break free of the stranglehold of scoring in your brain then these settings are like a whole new world.
The concert songs and light shows and objectives in songs are so great it makes sense to make them more a frequent part of the regular game play and rock out and to play them more often and enjoy the concert more with an intermission between songs to break for modes, work on patches, locks, and Multiballs, and other aspects of the game. It's a whole new game and I'm really reignited and back into it more than I've been for a good while now. Fun stuff!

See Diablorush post that he made... 2 posts right after yours!

Yes that prompted me to ask. Saw someone made a detailed version of their settings but can’t find that one to compare

1 week later
#26644 6 months ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

For future reference, is it possible to update the code AND keep all the song high scores?
Just did the code update. My game high scores and mode high scores are still there, but all the song high scores reset to zero. I was given a heads up this would be the case and didn’t think it was a big deal….until I stared at all the song scores at zero and was a bit bummed. Ha ha.
I did back up my settings via USB but didn’t need to reload them as it looks like all my settings were maintained. I doubt the song high scores are in the setting backup data - if this is incorrect please advise.
Note: code update was a snap via WiFi. No issues.

Same thing happened to me - no idea how to get the song scores back

#26658 6 months ago

I went from production to production too

2 weeks later
#26778 5 months ago
Quoted from killborn:

This was a first...
[quoted image]

Funny you mentioned that
This just literally happened to me, also a first

IMG_0165 (resized).jpegIMG_0165 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#27087 3 months ago

The original data east GNR topper is even more flimsy and even more expensive! I’ve seen it sell for $800 in mint condition

1 week later
#27175 3 months ago
Quoted from dug:

That must be it.
Song multiball, Superlock Timeout set to zero for disable.
Thanks!

Does this means you're guaranteed a power cord the moment you lock a ball up there and that they don't release until all balls are locked or drained?

2 weeks later
#27293 3 months ago

There's a 2.01 code update?

#27296 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Full install on the website - https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/downloads/
If you have WiFi hooked up to your game, go into Utilities - Check for Downloads.
Might be Beta 38, if so you need to turn the beta thing on in adjustments.

I generally only go proper updates not beta, is there any advantage using a beta code? My thoughts were beta means incomplete

#27297 3 months ago

I can confirm there is a 2.01 update and yes it brought back all my song high scores!
Not that my scores were impressive but I’m very happy that they are back

#27324 3 months ago

Do you have to do any settings or high score savings before swapping out boards?

#27393 89 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Well in other news, The General vid is out

Rad video, great use of purple and blue, could easily be a UYI2 song

2 months later
#28188 16 days ago

Hey all
Has anyone here swapped a CE playfield into an LE machine? Was the result worth the effort?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=allsportdvd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.