IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,805 posts in this topic match your search for posts by vespula. You are on page 1 of 8.
#7997 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm "nesting" a special place in my office for my baby away from my other pins

Awesome.. newb here with LE on order... spent many months back in the day playing my favorite pin DE GNR.... this JJP is my first pin.
so do you have a post anywhere with details on those mods and maybe links? If its all on this pinside site, thats a fine answer... Ill use search.

1. Tape on floor, this is something I wanted to do but didn't know dimensions... would you share your footprint dims?
2. Cliffy kit- I see the reply post with a link but looks like on website it is WIP and not "DONE" and available?
3. Pin Shoes? Nice - need these! What company is that from? Link?
4. Light Diffusers? Cool.. same question.. where are those and what do they change? Link?
5. More info on your LED strip light kit? How are you planning to utilize that? Mount location? Will they be "active" or always on?
6. What is that red and clear circle with the drumsticks on them? Where do they go? link?
7 Is the subwoofer the PINWOOFER kit I am reading about ? If not, what's your audio upgrade plan?

I have the acrylic bumper protectors already from Mezel Mods! check!
I also ordered the Tilt Graphics side blades .... I got the Golgotha Speakers but with Skulls, Guns and Roses piled up along the bottom! check!

Thanks! Your picture and post are such a help!

-V

#7999 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

a committment to my OCD'ness lol

feel ya.

I am going to get the Pin shoes and GNR action button mod... thats awesome.. I may pass on the plunger skull.... for now It helps its out of stock.
Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions ... a bit surprised you didnt get the Pin blanket from Cointaker ... its tempting, no? I have it in my cart, lets see what happens.... Not sure I want to cover up the LE ever, but it makes sense and looks great... then again, I didnt get a cover for my pool table... hmm.. Tough call. (p.s. office looks awesome. Love the stone and ceiling!)

2021-04-13_11-02-00 (resized).jpg2021-04-13_11-02-00 (resized).jpg

#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks!
I don't cover my pins. Gotta always be looking at the playfield, on or off. I don't have pets (ie Cats yuck - sneeze sniff scratch) that can get up on them
Definitely cover your billiard table though, for protecting the felt, but also dust buildup ..years of that will pile up and change ball roll/play - I mean you still need to clean chalk dust but why add to it with household dust...just my $.02

I agree. Deleted from cart. My attitude on the billiard table was that cloth/felt isnt forever thing and thought I would likely replace the cloth in probably in no more than 5 years anyway, so how much really accumulates before that? maybe a light vacuum in a couple years or so...then replace. Still on the fence... Thanks for the advice on that too!

#8039 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've got a hardwood floor , 14 bucks no worries , I've got two pins , so I'll get two lots .
28 bucks + the exchange rate , no worries , how much for shipping ?
[quoted image]

Ouch! I'm out. If that was the case for me I would be ordering from someplace like Amazon, or even eBay. As the last resort I probably pick something off the shelf at Home Depot or Lowe's that resembled this product. Good luck!

#8352 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I got Appetite!!!!!! Still unboxing... But man, my first JJP... The build quality and packaging is amazing
[quoted image]

Exciting!!! I keep refreshing my browser looking for updates. Lol. Can't wait to see pics of your blades and hear how install goes.. hopefully you're "sick" the rest of the week.

#8446 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That is about normal from the jjGnR temp probe testing. Right flipper reaches the fade zone at 15 minutes, left about 5 minutes later, and upper right about 5 minutes after that. So uncooled, before this software change, all the flippers were affected by fade by about the 25 minute mark.

So either it's not enough fade to matter or people aren't playing their gnr pins for extended periods? why isn't this being talked about as a number one issue unless the fade just isn't enough to affect game play? It's there a gnr flipper fade post that's on fire that I'm missing out on?
Just because it's noticeable maybe doesn't equate to enough to significantly impair game play? I'm really curious if it's just a known pin "thing" but not really a showstopper or much of an issue?
However, obviously there's enough chatter about it that it became a setting in the beta code, so there is that... Is there a hard stop playing this pin all out for a certain period of time like say 45 to 60 minutes where this fade becomes such an issue and you literally have to stop playing and let the coils cool down because you just can't make shots due to the fade?
I'd really like to know from the people that have their gnr pins, both the ones who just got them and are probably and hopefully wearing them out having a blast and those that have had them for months.. you all are in the position to comment on real world experiences with this. Thoughts?

#8448 2 years ago

Very interesting. Thanks.
I love the geeky data of knowing peak temp after X minutes ...but how does this translate to the game play experience? Did karl have to stop playing once they got to the peak temp or is it just a phenomenon the player has to adapt to in game play because of the fade.... I'll know eventually I suppose. I'm just curious now if it really matters when I have my GNR marathon party... Oh and realistically how long does it take to cool down? 5 or 10 minutes of rest?

#8450 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because itā€™s happening and they donā€™t realize it. Some think they are just all of a sudden missing shots for no reason. But there is a reason. Haha
Usually all shots can still be made, but timing changes and most likely, backhands become very hard or impossible.

Ah.. I get it. Thanks. How fast do coils cool down to fresh temp generally after reaching that max temp/fade point if you stop playing to rest them? Minutes? Half hour?

#8482 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lots of variables there with coil size, how hot it was etc, but generally if you give it 10-15 minutes it will be below the fade threshold again, but it won't be like a completely fresh game.

THAT'S why people aren't noticing it much. Just enough time for bathroom and beverage break to cool your coils.

#8531 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Got Liors mods in today.They look Awesome
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Anyone have the action button mod from cointaker? How is it? Pics? Any durability issues? The trailing vines are fragile and it has me concerned... Mine arrived already broken. They are sending a replacement but just wondering if it will sit flush on the action button and lockdown bar...... And how long I can expect this design to last after the first smash of the action button to cash out? Experience? Thoughts?

20210419_072950 (resized).jpg20210419_072950 (resized).jpg
#8541 2 years ago

Great pictures! Your posts and pictures of your journey is helping the agonizing wait before they ship mine... Sometime this fall I was told. Thanks! (Ordered 12/30 from JJP in case anyone is wondering)

#8551 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Dear God I hope it's not the fall. I ordered mine Dec 1 and I'm hoping for end of May, but I have not been told any dates.

Jen, the sales and marketing coordinator at JJP told me on april 1st the following:

Hi -

Based on your order date it looks like a Fall delivery for your game.

We are going as fast as we can and we thank you for your patience!

Jen

#8571 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Maybe I missed it.... When did you order your game?

12/30 from JJP direct

#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just ordered.

Mine arrived yesterday! Now if only I had something to install it in. Lol.

#8612 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That's happened to me with LEs at 2 different locations. To avoid tilting I have to wait for the ball search. During a song that is a disappointment. When I get mine I may try a larger rubber ring on the post or a fat sleeve.

Happened to me too ...exact same.. LE on location ... it was maybe my 12th game ever played (at $2 per game!)
so I really wasn't sure what was going on.
Ball search kicked it out. I forgot about this until it was just mentioned.

Sounds like a problem with a forthcoming solution.

#8788 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don't worry you've got this.

Unplug first?

#8797 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Beta 7 released today has more focus on keeping coils cool.
[quoted image]

Fixed bug that could keep spotlights moving after encore.... Hmmm. Possible source of broken spotlights? Over utilization could at least be a contributor to speed up failure even if it's not the true root cause.

#8828 2 years ago

I second that. Pictures, monitor, and pin looks amazing!

#8997 2 years ago

jarozi and TigerLaw
When did you order?

#9059 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Iā€™m a fan of Rocket Queen once you get about halfway through the song. Itā€™s almost mesmerizing...

Yes! Totally my answer! Agreed. I kept choosing this song when I was playing on location. All the red in the light show and at just the right times (minute 2, minute 3) with the music .. omg.. there's 100% pure adrenaline.. so addicting and not easy to get in the zone with this song as a new player but man, just hit it once and you're chasing it over and over!!

#9151 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

ā€œRocket Queenā€ ainā€™t about a spaceflight fangirlā€¦

Exactly. That play field graphic specifically pays homage to that song. It has to be one of the best on this pin...

For those that have hundreds of games in and been through all the songs on the pin, I'd love to see everyone's list of songs in order of best to worst in terms of the full pin experience while playing... For me I don't have much time in and haven't played all the songs but rocket queen is a contender for a top spot.

#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

In regards to the vertical failures on the spotlights, I received this message today from JJP.
ā€œNot many issues with the horizontal movement. The missing servo (mounting) screws and the limits they are being pushed to when initializing them seem to be the issues with the vertical movement.
The engineers are addressing the issues.ā€

Missing screws? Not sure what that means.
But if software engineering is needed to control and limit the movement of the servos to be within specific ranges, until the software comes out to limit, would it be recommended to unplug the spotlights as would they eventually always break until the software update?

#9189 2 years ago

Who suggested unplugging servos in the first place anyway? Sheesh. Let's Ban that guy! Oops who knew?? ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ #pinlove

#9200 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am

Sorry I flew off the handle, you are fine. I'm just saying, I don't think software has shit all to do with this issue. From my research into the RC servo world when sourcing a replacement, it just seems like they are wear items with hit or miss quality.
I think it's unfair to lay speculative blame on the code when we've seen no evidence of the code misbehaving.

Point of order. No blame of code or misbehaving code had been implied to me or from me. Just the consideration or curiosity that could some additional code controlling servos with tighter parameters specifically could help extend the life? Maybe it's not realistic, or possible... Somebody would know. It's not me. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

#9237 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Happy day...just got my new spotlights
JJP and my distro were super fast took less than a week
[quoted image]

Looking forward to another key post from you after the install.

#9302 2 years ago

Hmmm. Sumbody got sum 'splainin' t'do

#9373 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Any orders placed are now on the new system, website has been updated. This new lighting is really exciting. They cost at least 3x as much as traditional leds (you canā€™t buy them at Walmart, lol), but it saves me on labor to make them so we are not raising the price. These are used in high end applications for things like kitchen remodeling. The lighting is so smooth and even, brighter, has no harshness and draws LESS power! Because of how well these distribute light, the install is now much easier and less cumbersome. The install is literally 5 minutes or less. It will take you longer to take the tape off the backing than it will be to install it.
The RGB version will remain on the traditional system as our new system does not support multi-color.

This looks great. Was browsing the site and the trough light looks cool to but I can't confidently order unless I knew which picture was which color.. is the order red, white blue purple or red blue purple white? Would help if I knew which picture was what color. Same with the back field, etc.
Also would be helpful, to have a translite warm and cool comparison picture... Otherwise..
Ready to order!!

#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah we play.
[quoted image]

My crowd meter just maxed out while collecting the jealousy patch.

Added over 3 years ago:

And just for the record, to play that many games on location would cost over $6,000 at $2 per game. So you're almost halfway to break even

#9474 2 years ago

Curious about how many of the 5000 LE have been ordered at this point?

#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I ordered a set, can't wait to see them on my game.

Me too. Looking forward to your before and after pics!
hopefully I'll have my game sometime this fall

#9588 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Eric Meunier the man himself Streaming his own GNR rn
https://www.twitch.tv/hogbogged

Love how Eric got two balls stuck in the post and the pop bumper where everyone is putting a piece of foam/mylar.. he had to wait for ball rescue and exclaims "who designed this shit anyway"

#9606 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Lovely! Now how bout a view of it among the 15 games in your collection?

And then tell me which of the 34 previous pins you owned that you most regret parting with?

#9615 2 years ago

If you put down carpet you just inherited the task of vacuuming so there's something to be said for keeping it low maintenance. Just open the garage door and fire up the leaf blower and all good!

#9620 2 years ago

Do you recommend applying blitz wax to a new play field?

#9659 2 years ago

Day 1 LEs still being shipped with varied LEs from late October. Very few LEs shipped from later than October (a couple people reported getting them). Standards appear to be available sooner. CEs are available on the market for $18-$20K. I think the 6-7 month estimate is probably accurate

I'm a JJP ordered on 12/30 and told "sometime this fall ship date" .. I'm under the impression from posts here they have spent time recently completing CE orders and then focused on international ... So if they ramp up LE domestically hopefully a Feb order could be 7 months... But might be 9. Regardless, It's great to keep seeing these ",joined the club" posts more often!

#9707 2 years ago

Here comes the post where someone says all we have to be heard is our wallet and was long as we buy what's the incentive to change.....

So anyway, I wonder when mine will ship so I can work on fixing it.

#9771 2 years ago

Just a brief intermission from the discussions...
Proud dad of my 15 yr old daughter on location playing the LE for the first time.
Afterwards, she asks if I am going to get one, and I smile and say, yeah, maybe later this fall.
20210513_190758 (resized).jpg20210513_190758 (resized).jpg

#9843 2 years ago

Are pinball youtube influencers scared to hit this head on for the community or do they have alternate agendas wanting JJP to fall?
As much as YouTube channels talk about mundane stuff ... you'd think this is a perfect time to get on the journalistic bandwagon and cover this on their programs. Pinside should be a resource for them to get current material And the fact we have April 2021 play fields doing this seems like current news It needs to be talked about.
Eric was on twitch the other night playing his pin And I wonder if he's got any of these issues?

#9881 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It would cost me an additional $1k to do that since I got my deposit in just prior to the $1k price hike.
If I bail, it will be permanently.

You might be able to get your deposit back plus some if you can xfer your spot.

#9884 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Or just buy it and sell it NIB for what youā€™re into it. Someone gets a deal and you come out even.

I'm not sure the warranty would transfer in that case since the buyer is second owner, plus if any issues in shipping the headache would not be welcome.
I think better to off load the spot clean and make a quick buck.

#9928 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello
Looking to acquire an LE model. Any thoughts (please keep it constructive). I know itā€™s popular and hard to find.
Thank you

Look at the post just prior to yours or jarozi post just above.. it's like roaches when the lights come on. Fire sale!

#9931 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not really fire sale home-skillet. Just curious what JJP might be doing to help those they are F'ing. That's all, thank you sir.

JjP will send you new washers. That's apparently it. The same washers that are tearing the art work.

You asked for options..... Selling is one option and one would think it's something you are considering if you're asking Jen about refunds. Sorry for the misunderstanding home fry.

What everyone is doing fixing and rebuilding their machines and adding plastic washers seems to be the best thing going right now..

#9980 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's such a nice thing to say.
Makes me wish for a moment that i was better at being nice to people (i do know my problem and can't fix it).

You just did it. Great job. I'm going to give you an upvote for it, too!
See, you're already better at it. Now that wasn't so hard?

#10038 2 years ago

I don't think that agreement is going to meet the second "and include one of the following:" part of the document.... It's going to arrive as described. And JJP makes no claims that I am aware of that the playfield will not chip, pool, or peel.

#10064 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wish it could at least stay in the playfield rant thread, and out of the owner's thread.

This is very logical. I agree. Let's collectively and relentlessly not engage, but just reply and guide the playfield posts to that thread... stop feeding the cats.

I think this is the link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/

#10221 2 years ago

It's possible you and the buyer can work it out without JjP and still have your warranty ... You could simply tell JJP you moved and give the buyers address as the new shipping address. The buyer can assume your name identity only should any warranty come up.
It's not like there's much chance of this not working as long as both parties are understanding, imo.

#10234 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m out on GNR. Hopefully I get my first JJP in the future, but not right now. To those that love their JJP...Iā€™m not throwing any shade, just not for me right now.

If I were you I'd sell for 1000 now to someone and once ready to ship change address to the buyers. Then they can pay the balance to me. It can stay in my name for the warranty. No problem. JJP will never know the difference.

If I was the buyer and could save a grand but had to have it in someone name but was my address for parts, etc ... It's a done deal in a new York second.

No way am I losing a thousand when it's easy to arrange like that....

#10235 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My distributor notified me that my GNR LE is shipping this week, ordered on December 15th. Game is paid in full, can't wait to receive this masterpiece and bolt on all of the Lior mods I've been stockpiling. Hoping for no issues, but either way, I plan to address all trouble areas before playing a single ball. It's been a long time since I had a GNR (Data East) in the lineup and I have a feeling this JJP is going to blow me away. I'm ready for the @#%*&% jungle baby!

That's exciting. I think that's the latest date I've seen here. I'm 12/30 but I'm in the mofo JJP line...

#10311 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I agree 100% but if it wasn't screwed as hard maybe you could get away with it . Maybe ?

...where we treat our playfields and customers the same.

#10345 2 years ago

Great to hear. My fans just arrived today! They are sitting in my office with the pin woofer and a growing assortment of mods (and washers) just waiting for the big day!

#10430 2 years ago

The question I have would be whether or not the video that was posted was actually just lights reaction to the music through the microphone of the LEDs? If so that looked pretty darn good.

#10432 2 years ago

fooflighter
Yep. It looked great just like yours. Seemed to sync very well. Need to hear more from the OP. Assuming yours didn't sync to the music like that? I only saw pictures of yours.

#10433 2 years ago

Need to ask gump79

#10437 2 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

Looks good!
Been working on some cab lighting myself. Started under cabinet first. Need to install the head next.

Did you sync this with the hot rail lights wiring?

#10457 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Iā€™m going to have to disagree with this. The games are built with accessories in mind (e.g. dollar bill adapters) and there are accessory ports and plugs available to use. You just need to understand what you are adding, how much power it pulls and what the game limits are. If you arenā€™t sure about those factors, then you should get an additional power supply. The issue with an external power supply is you could lose the ability for something to turn on and off with the game.

I would definitely like to see this mod successfully done so it turns off and on with the pin.
If it would help, maybe a CE owner can trace their cabinet and back box hot rails power to see where it's tapped? Thinking out loud. Also confirm the size/model of the PC board power supply if this is the source of the hot rail power.

#10505 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Installed the cliffys and Liorā€™s shooter rod cover and action button sculpt this weekend. Did a thorough inspection and happy to report no playfield issues of any sort. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Cloning the playfield LCD on the top is the first time Ć­ have seen that. Cool.
Have you seen the flexible strip LED like lermods uses for smooth glow.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-full-translight-kit

Great job and looks great. Don't see many modded SE either.

#10537 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's what matters at the end of the day ...I probably have spent about 15+ hours just on playfield repair adding washers, ironing, tweaking, repairing...
This game represents the most labor I've ever had to put in on a NIB pin...not just the playfield. I definitely cannot at this point, recommend a JJP pin for a first time NIB user or someone new to the hobby...it is far too labor intensive and really requires a lot of maintenance and fabrication in a lot of places, and a ton of creative thinking and patience.
Repairs or replacements consisted of (I'm probably leaving things out):
spotlights, lockdown bars, mylar on sticks, cliffy protection, scoop hoods, fans for flipper fade (say that 3 times fast), rubbers, rail adjustments, rattling in backglass, sunken disk, magnet too high, fences sticking, machine not booting up, vinyl bubbling on decals, flipper alignment, shooter lane fence lower, this doesn't include all my own mods for fun...
DESPITE ALL OF THAT...this is simply a must have pin in my collection and is never leaving unless it decides to.
I totally can understand how this pin is not for everyone. It is not a plug and play pin solution in most cases. Maybe you are lucky and haven't had to tweak a thing.
Going forward, JJP really needs to step it up in pre release wear game testing...a bunch of these issues probably could have been worked out before distribution if someone from QC put 1000 games on a cross section of games.
This picture is all that matters now. It shoots like butter, is completely dialed in, despite the washers...here is my player view poistion. I Love this game.[quoted image]

Awesome pic.
I'm saving for an airline ticket to fly you to Nashville when my pin arrives . I just need to know your daily rate to finalize the paperwork.

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Ok, much appreciated. I ordered large and small. And surprise, surprise I got my invoice for my LE today. Game ships in two weeks.

Order date? Distro or JjP direct?

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Shaker and light show integration are the best Iā€™ve ever experienced on a pinball. Lots of ā€œoh wow, thatā€™s coolā€ moments.

Oh man. Because of these posts... I just realized LE didn't have shaker. Another must have mod.

Do you get these from pinball life?

#10596 2 years ago

Sorry for the confusion. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm just collecting mods

I remembered one being in the LE on location but When I went to Jersey Jack website they didn't list shaker motor except on the CE.

But that was because I was looking at the overview section which does list the shaker motor on the CE, and then when I switch to the LE I looked at the specs section and they don't list shaker motor in the specs.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/
Duh.
Thanks

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry for the confusion. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm just collecting mods
I remembered one being in the LE on location but When I went to Jersey Jack website they didn't list shaker motor except on the CE.
But that was because I was looking at the overview section which does list the shaker motor on the CE, and then when I switch to the LE I looked at the specs section and they don't list shaker motor in the specs. But it's in overview... Little panic. I'm ok now
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/
Duh.
Thanks

#10598 2 years ago

Argh. I need a drink I can't find the delete post button. Maybe you can't do it. Sorry again

#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wouldn't have thought that much rubbish would fit in one paragraph, but you've surprised me.

I wouldn't have thought this response would make me laugh out loud like it did, but you surprised me.

#10615 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

does any one know the colorcode for the powder coat they used for the Metalparts. Cause i want to paint my coindoor... and i don't trust my painter to mix right match. Maybe some one can help me

https://backalleycreations.com/products/guns-n-roses-le-red-brick-powder-coat-job

#10627 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Coin Taker. Invoice said the game will ship in approximately two weeks. I ordered first day. Long wait but I waited longer for my ACDC.

Christmas in June. Love it! Excited for you
Noticed your profile of 15 pins current and the previously owned... and this is your first JJP apparently.

#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sounds like JJP is adding more washers as time goes by.

Following all the QA and playfield modification testing going on here on pinside apparently...

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dude fix that Upper playfield post before it tears

+1 those are looking 9 months pregnant and ready to pop

#10679 2 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

They are connected to the Siderails, left and right of course separate....[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome. Any pics or documentation of your parts, connections and if any power mods ? Mucho appreciate the discussion.

#10682 2 years ago

Ok mod people... Revenue opportunity here.... Lermods ?
now need this back box and under cabinet solution with WS2812 LEDs tapped into the hot rails!
We have two people on here with YouTube videos that have done it...
Jim-Beam above and
gump79 here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/209#post-6309959

#10701 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Just got my game today after waiting 7 months. Mine is a May build. Looks like there are washers already installed. Don't see any playfield damage yet. What areas should I keep an eye on?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry if asked, but I'm tracking JJP orders as they pop up. So you're order date about November 3? And did you go through a disty or JJP direct? Thank you and enjoy your game (after you fix upper playfield pooling!)

#10704 2 years ago

I got a call and my order was Feb 1st before the hike. Because of the Fd up play field issues I had them put me at the end of the line. This current batch from Mirco is jacked.

Dang you must be going through a big disty to get a call on a Feb order this early! (Either by his allocation or a cancellation)

#10717 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The long wait is over and Iā€™m smiling like a Cheshire Cat! Planning to setup this weekend and then time to rock!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man seeing these new arrivals are getting me excited .. this must be a disty... It seems JJP is still working through October/November orders ..

Congrats!!!

Were you disty? JJP direct? Order date?

#10762 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

LE 640 delivered and Playfield is beautiful. Build date 5/21. Were these mini metal washers on the posts installed on earlier runs?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! What's your disty and order date?

Also wondering how does JJP do the numbering if we have two 5/21 dates but this one is 640 and the one darkryder just got is 1103 ?? That's at least 563 in one month?

#10783 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

In the club! Finally filled that open spot.
[quoted image]

Ah the dream team DE & LE. Looks great! Glad to see They're shipping closer to Nashville now . I'm guessing you're playfield is dated 5/21 like the others popping up here now.
Did you order from disty? What's your order date?

#10785 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Got my LE yesterday. Build date may 2021.

Thumbs up. That kid be lucky! When did you order? Disty?

#10796 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That seems so odd to me. They earmark 5,000 of these games but likely wonā€™t sell that many. So someone could draw game 5,000 but there might only be 3,000 made. Someone will call that game rare and sell if for $40k lol

I'm going to guess they don't have access to all 5000 plaques in production lines. Maybe they are in boxes of 250 or 500 and they could have multiple open at a time depending on how many stations there are That could explain how 640 is shipping in the same month as a 1121. Then again, you could be right. These are the questions that keep me up at night

#10853 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. I will dial it down via the coil settings in the game's menu. My game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.
[quoted image]

Congrats!!
That's the first time I've seen the legendary side blades installed... Do you have any more pictures of the playfield showing those? They look way cooler than I was expecting, honestly!

#10862 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, I got my LE paid off and I am expecting it in July, but this image from my friends after less than 40 plays that has a production date of May 21 makes me want to cancel my order and wait another year. Debating now if I should cancel as it is my dream theme.
[quoted image]

As in cancel and pay $1k more later? I'm assuming you got in before the last price increase. That doesn't mean there won't be more increases forthcoming either...

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

This game is so good. Having so much fun with it. The light shows are, I mean, 'next level' doesn't even begin to describe.
I think if you're sweating the playfield thing, and you haven't taken delivery, then I wouldn't let it stop you. Because you can protect it before you flip a single ball by getting some mylar rings and/or cliffy carbon's. And if that doesn't assuage your concern, then yeah fine, don't get it. But oh-my-damn are you depriving yourself of one HELL of a pinball experience.
Still trying to play better, and learn the rules. But I'd have to say, this is the most fun I've had in pinball since I don't know when.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You did a great job of summing up my feelings about it ...when I play on location (at $2/game) i can go through 20 bucks super fast but it's totally worth it even flailing BUT it's too deep to get close to good without buying the pin twice ... I could drop a hundred bucks quick.

Each time I've played I always get immersed in new great "next level" jaw dropping moments ... And I SUCK at it flailing just trying to make it last and having a blast rush of adrenaline... Just imagine if I were actually good and really playing the pin.. . Just wow.
Can't wait to get mine.

#10940 2 years ago

It's pretty common that people jump in and post without reading much prior... So there's that too... stuff keeps coming back up in waves, always will.

I'm actually surprised I've really never seen people here reply curtly to the poster to use the search. I think everyone here generally likes helping and with the rate of new pins being shipped out, part of the onboarding process is helping through dealing with playfield issues, unfortunately. It's like a GnR owners triage forum waiting for the next visit. I'll be there this year but I'm not going to be bashing, that's for the other thread... and I won't be there either.
And gently guiding anyone wanting to go off on a rant bashing to that thread I think is educationally appropriate.
This thread is team GnR!

#10976 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I hope JJP was able to speed up production, heh.
I ran the math back when I ordered - at that time the rumor was a 3,000 unit backlog and PinMonk (IIRC) estimated 50-60 units produced per week. Assuming a week or two off for holidays, that would take exactly a year to produce my order. Which I was ok with when I ordered. If JJP delivers earlier, it'll be a welcome surprise

I have pretty much only seen JJP direct fulfilling October orders so far. I want to say maybe one November, but not sure. I don't feel like they've crossed fully into November yet. I'm 12/30 order date and was told by email on April 1st from JJP I'm looking at a fall ship date so you may be pretty accurate on your 1 year guesstimate.

#10989 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

We all suck at this game.

Yup ... But there are just enough moments when we don't to keep ya coming back for more!

#11016 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Well I think I got the hotrails tied into my backbox and under cabinet lighting.

Brilliant! Now if only someone would do a write up.. did you document the process?

#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:Lior does it again, shooter looks great, the finish is top notch.

Very nicely done. The quality is also reflected in the pricing. Kudos to his attention to detail.

The price aside, the thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on that (pun intended) was not having a good feel of how much it would protrude.... And if it was in the way too much.

#11041 2 years ago

So nobody appears concerned about how far out that bullet sticks out from the pin? Maybe it's just the way it looks in the pic... I feel like I'm about to spend some money.

#11043 2 years ago

This perspective helps.. looks good even without the skull

Screenshot_20210610-152756_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210610-152756_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11044 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

It does stick out more than a standard shooter, but not much more than many custom shooters. Let me see if I can get a better perspective pic.
Edit: Added a couple more pics to my post above.

Thanks! That helps.. looks great with the skull... $770 for all three... Skull, action button and rod... Getting steep!

#11051 2 years ago

Can you order just enough and cut them to size?
Or do you have to do four rolls?

#11067 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It has arrived... Beautiful in person.
Installed pics to follow[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep. Gotta have it. Ordered today.

#11084 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So just got my LE finally today!!!

Congrats! After 248 days, for the record, but who's counting?

#11097 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

WS2812 ledstrips are very common, and very cheap on Aliexpress if you're patient (delivery can take some time).
Here are the ones I regularly use for my "gizmos":
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2036819167.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.517a7893sRGbvb&aem_p4p_detail=202106110524345248356825853200001705205
A 5m roll of IP30 60 led/m is 20 dollars. It can be cut anywhere to the correct lentgh, just at the pad (which are spaced every 1.5cm).
To note:
- Each led can consume up to 60mA, so if you have 5m at 60l/m is 300 leds, meaning 9A. Granted, it's full white and full brightness, so in practice it's slightly lower, but this still means you need a dedicated 5V PSU
- You need to reinject power every 150 leds or so, as the current decrease on the power line of the ledstrip. For this application therefore it's one power input for each ledstrip.
- The IP class will determine the "cover" of the ledstrip, IP30 is "raw", IP60 should give you a transparent silicon rubber above the ledstrip, which I recommend as it allows to protect the electronics
- From what I understand of the pinball electronic design, it seems to be just a matter of duplicating the data signal from the pinball ledstrip to the external ledstrip. While not strictly "by the book", it is possible to drive two ledstrips with one signal without any additional electronic (which is what has been done here I assume). If one is very picky on electronic design, you should add a single input dual output buffer. If you intend to drive two additional ledstrips (rear and back), then it's recommended to add the buffer in any case (as this would mean driving three outputs from a single control signal).

I wish I spoke this language.
It sounds smart and I appreciate the knowledge and right way to do something, but I don't know how to translate this and produce this result on my own.

I could definitely accomplish with a specific parts list (preferably Amazon) and a write up with steps and preferably pictures....

Even better is a fully made GnR mod kit that I can buy. Any takers? I bet this would fetch $150-$200 bucks easy for a kit and would sell a lot.

#11106 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

WS2812 ledstrips are very common, and very cheap on Aliexpress if you're patient (delivery can take some time).
Here are the ones I regularly use for my "gizmos":
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2036819167.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.517a7893sRGbvb&aem_p4p_detail=202106110524345248356825853200001705205
A 5m roll of IP30 60 led/m is 20 dollars. It can be cut anywhere to the correct lentgh, just at the pad (which are spaced every 1.5cm).
To note:
- Each led can consume up to 60mA, so if you have 5m at 60l/m is 300 leds, meaning 9A. Granted, it's full white and full brightness, so in practice it's slightly lower, but this still means you need a dedicated 5V PSU
- You need to reinject power every 150 leds or so, as the current decrease on the power line of the ledstrip. For this application therefore it's one power input for each ledstrip.
- The IP class will determine the "cover" of the ledstrip, IP30 is "raw", IP60 should give you a transparent silicon rubber above the ledstrip, which I recommend as it allows to protect the electronics
- From what I understand of the pinball electronic design, it seems to be just a matter of duplicating the data signal from the pinball ledstrip to the external ledstrip. While not strictly "by the book", it is possible to drive two ledstrips with one signal without any additional electronic (which is what has been done here I assume). If one is very picky on electronic design, you should add a single input dual output buffer. If you intend to drive two additional ledstrips (rear and back), then it's recommended to add the buffer in any case (as this would mean driving three outputs from a single control signal).

Hi
Will adding additional strips of LEDs to the stock hot rails slow down the current display rate of hot rails due to the additional data load? I.e. more data = more load so lighting sequences slower?

#11117 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I completely appreciate this crash course in technology - but letā€™s be honest, you are talking to a bunch of entitled guys with more money than we know what to do with (hence buying 10000 dollar toys all the time I suppose) this is way to much work to figure out, can you or someone just develop a turn-key kit and overcharge all of us for it so we can easily just put something idiot-proof and fully baked In our machines!?
Thanks!!

This.

Seriously though I did try to make sense of the pictures of the wiring that were posted. It was much appreciated. However no offense it was helpful in disqualifying my abilities to do this... As they were all laying on top of each other and the colors were altered because I know that's what wires he had , so the more I looked at how they were all connected the more confused I got and quickly bagged the idea wishing for a kit. I wasn't even sure if those holes on the back corner or with the wire mesh that he ran the wires through or even actually there did he have to drill those. Mainly cuz I don't have my game yet either.

However I will say I am very close to being able to do this with some further hand holding, so if there was an actual wiring diagram showing where everything connects, and where the t connectors went, which t connectors to buy, which awg wiring size to buy, power supply and buffer(optional), And exactly which 2812, (2812b??) To get, then I think I might be in the world of the confident and could attempt it. Maybe a fully assembled kit you just connect probably 3 Ts into the existing wiring at the board and power, attach to the pin, and fire it up. But also then a "roll your own" kit for reduced price for just the parts and a diagram. And of course, could even be a third option for a suggested donation which would be just parts list and a GnR wiring diagram.

If you think about it Pinstadium wants to charge 400 bucks for something It isn't 1/4 as cool as this. I don't know if he has any sales, but a $350 plug and play kit isn't out of reach for these "entitled guys" on here. I mean they're (I just haven't ordered yet so I can't say we) paying $375 for an acrylic skull And it doesn't even light up. Lol

#11148 2 years ago

....and the forum goes completely silent as everyone inspects the new pictures for signs of pooling...

Congrats man. Effin awesome!!

#11150 2 years ago

Now that the easiest sound upgrade solution has been mentioned, I think it's becoming popular to say than the pinwoofer solution may be the best.

#11170 2 years ago

bumper123
A threaded sleeve the diameter of the existing hole ?

#11196 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It sure can and still does lol

Your next mod..

Screenshot_20210614-190713_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210614-190713_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11204 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

For those who've upgraded their GNR LE's with Pinwoofer GT kits, did you order this kit without tweeters:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1196-pinwoofer/04694-guns-n-roses-pinwoofer-gt-8in-jersey-jack-pinball-super-kit
Or this kit with the backbox tweeters?
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/
Not sure which kit to order, do the tweeter upgrades even make a difference? Mostly looking for more bass and midrange.
Thanks

Must... Have.... Tweeters. Yes.
I think the pinside page needs updating. I think there is only 1 super kit which includes tweeters. Go to pinwoofer site.

#11222 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Broke down and just ordered Pinsound I really hope I can tell a difference?

You mean pinwoofer?

#11223 2 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Just joined the club! Ordered 3/31 and delivered LE #809 today. Has a May born on date. Amazing game but having a few issues. Some of the rollover switches are causing stuck balls (which I am seeing is a common issue) and my Start button stopped working. I cannot see anything obvious as to the wires plugged into it but it does not work and switch doesn't register in test mode. The LED for the Start button does work however. Any ideas where to troubleshoot? Also, are the keys to the backbox hidden somewhere, I can't find them....

2.5 months from order to delivery??
Please explain... Did you get someone's cancellation through a disty?

#11256 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was thinking about picking up G&R LE. What is the typical wait for the game?

My opinion only ... Everyone has one.

Direct from JJP, at least 8 or 9 months, from disty depends on who, ask them... From used market, your choice.
Someone just posted they ordered from a small disty on March 31 and got it now... That's a unicorn.

#11276 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also if people think my PETG use is excessive ...well it may be... but here's what I see when I play the game
[quoted image]

Always loved that pic! Where did you get your flipper tops?

#11295 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The number of the neighbor of the beast arrived yesterday:
[quoted image]

Congrats! I'm sure the plate# before yours was pulled from the box a long time ago . Maybe we will get to know who the owner is someday...

Order date? Disty/JJP?

Glad to see another arrival!! Definitely a slow trickle... Does anyone know what their output production per day or week is?

#11324 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Finally got the call today, 10/9 order direct with JJP, ETA around Friday or Monday for my GNR LE!!!

Awesome .. we're truckin now...8 months since launch and they've finally made it through day 4 direct orders !

#11327 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So they are learning.

I'm open to the possibility that they grabbed the wrong part... But this opens up a whole another can of worms in terms of loose processes, no controls preventing this to even happen, plus the QA not catching it... But I hope you're right.
I would need to hear from other may build owners to accept it was a conscious change more than an anomaly. I still like the ideas using the bushing/sleeve around the post in the over sized hole

#11336 2 years ago

Is that kid looking at the sky and laughing sinisterly after drinking a cup of sacrificial animal's blood?

#11341 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Yes I had a chevy truck peeled paint and the paid dealer to repaint it!!!!!!

No offense meant but this post took me five times reading it to figure out what you were trying to say because both subjects and verbs appear to be flipped/backwards in this compound sentence.

I think this is what you meant

Yes I had a chevy truck paint peeled and the dealer paid to repaint it!!!!!!

#11350 2 years ago

On location playing and they installed the Golgotha side blades. These are what I have waiting and Hadn't seen them installed... Pretty cool!
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/guns-n-roses-inspired-jjp-golgotha-gameblades

20210617_184908 (resized).jpg20210617_184908 (resized).jpg20210617_185237 (resized).jpg20210617_185237 (resized).jpg

20210617_210110 (resized).jpg20210617_210110 (resized).jpg

#11351 2 years ago

How the heck do I get the attract mode to show all the high score pictures from the camera taken with slash?
I saw it once and now it's gone through three attract modes and it's not doing it anymore.

#11361 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

These are the JJP side blades. Goes more with the CE side decals but still better than black sides.
[quoted image]

I think they will look great on your LE. Looking forward to seeing pics of them installed!

#11363 2 years ago

This mod got a lot of bad press so you are the first I've seen saying it's worth it... Their marketing looks a bit deceptive and may not have been the best representation of actual quality. If they are nothing more than two strips, one on each side up by the glass then we can all do that as easily as adding the cabinet LED that is being discussed here for about 30 or 40 bucks added on to the cost of the cabinet parts.

Loving the possibility that everyone is wrong and looking forward to video and pics for sure!

#11370 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Can someone please show me what you've done to prevent air-balls from the L ramp entrance target going down the left outline? I have seen something about this in the 228 pages but can't find it now.
When I first read about a fix for this, I had never seen it happen but last night it happened to me 4 times!

To narrow it down, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the last half of the 11,363 posts here if that helps. jk

#11372 2 years ago

Beat me to it... I used search and came up with this one...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/63#post-6241561

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit. Since this post, pinmonk had created and offered for sale on his store a very excellent professional solution for purchase.. link here:
https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier

#11375 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

oh, thatā€™s from the collectorā€™s edition forum, Iā€™m not allowed in there

If you're quick like me they won't even notice.

#11378 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:That's what she said.

You passed up commenting on "anal note taking" ?

#11382 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Brain doesn't work that way. I had to look back to see what you were referring to.

Anything goes in the outback.. I get it.

#11411 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Hereā€™s a video of the new Pinstadiums in action. Mind you I had to record the video so this is just the game in attract mode! Songs are a whole other animal!
[quoted image]

Can't find the video.. is it me?

#11422 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Everyone is going to have their opinion, and rightfully so. You say ā€œruinā€, I say ā€œenhanceā€! Again, Iā€™ll try and take some video of a song in action, may do more justice to the experience than just the attract mode.

Thanks for sharing this. I'll hold my opinion until I see it during play because I can totally appreciate dynamic sequencing differences in a song compared to linear attract, but right now I'm leaning towards jalpert taking it from attract mode to distract mode ..

#11426 2 years ago

I think after you get the game, if you go back and re-read your post, it might make you laugh. This pin is that good. You're not without tribal knowledge and resources here, and add in confidence in your fix/mod skills, it's totally a no brainer.

Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
I got the call from JJP that my machine is very close to shipping. I am really torn about going ahead with the purchase. I have been super excited about the game, and the one-of-a-kind gameplay experience it offers. And it combines our families passion for live music with pinball. But it is heartbreaking to see all of the playfield issues and other quality issues with the game. Any word on what these new post kits are that JJP is shipping out? I have hopes that can help keep the playfield issues at bay. So ultimately, the tough question is, is the game really worth it given all of the challenges to keep the game going? Are there a lot of GNR owners that are happy with the game? I know I see some here on the forum, but they seem to be drowned out by so many folks having problems with the game.
Thanks,
MacJedi

#11430 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:I was nervous as well so I ordered a playfield protector and when it was installed everything was gone through completely. Get your game, just go through and QC your own game before you play a ball on it. You will be glad you did, I am loving it so far!

Good advice. Fooflighter did an excellent write up about this process and it's a key post now. So definitely reference that.

What Playfield protector? Link pls?

#11437 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
all colours available (producer of Concolux an best PF protectors)

Wow an entire plastic playfield protector. Has anyone put this on their GnR pin? Looks like quite a job, but might be worth it. Obviously it looks like a pretty much a full disassemble. Curious exactly how much of a task it is, how long it takes and what are the issues you have to deal with along the way and afterwards because of the change adding a couple millimeters to the playfield? I guess the cliffy's will still fit.

#11439 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

they are the best, i have them in my 2 pins, a must have. and the guy from https://www.playfield-protectors.com/ is producing and optimizing since many years, like Cliffy

Have you installed on your gnr? If so, how long did it take you? What was the disassembly like and reassembly? Also, what surprise modifications did you have to make as a result of putting on the play field? Any new hardware or posts or screws let no longer work? This is very tempting and I'm not sure why there's not a whole lot of talk about this on this forum. Maybe nobody has one?

#11451 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the ones I've seen have adhesive on the backing. If there's no adhesive, that's eliminates the potential lifting of art. Still seems like overkill vs addressing just the known problem areas around posts, though.

Mezel mods has it. $100
No adhesive and from pinball universe....
I haven't seen one post on this. Puzzled. If I'm going to the trouble to fix problem areas, why not preserve the entire playfield. Europe it's common. Germans all doing it. The logical side of my brain needs some understanding why this isn't a USA pinhead standard equipment. It's the European side of my bloodline I guess. Is it truly overkill? Why isn't fooflighter doing it? If anyone was going to do this I would think it would be him. . Have to see why he isn't...

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/pinball-playfield-protectors-guns-n-roses

#11457 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have seen enough weird pin hacks in reimports from Europe to last a lifetime, so if Europe's doing it to a pin, that's a warning sign for me.
The playfield protectors change the way the pin plays in a lot of cases, and is like your grandma putting protective plastic on furniture - why, when furniture is meant to be enjoyed, not entombed in plastic.
Clearcoat and wax should be good enough, and is for most cases. It sounds like the specific areas of jjGnR with issues are getting solutions with post sleeves and locking nuts and mylar and petg and whatnot, which is the way I will go, too. That way I can enjoy the pin the way Hogbog intended. I feel like full playfield plastic sheeting makes him sad.

This reply is really appreciated and also appeals to the logical side of my brain. Thank you.

#11458 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I did it on my EHoH as the VUK throws the ball across the playfield. I think it's overkill on most pins however. In the case of GnR, it won't help the post issues since it only lays down over/around the posts. The downsides are 1) you have to remove quite a few top side components in order to drop it into place (EHoH required removal of both ramps, all gates, spinner, the main house and several plastics), 2) some people notice the slight change of the ball sliding on occasion vs rolling, 3) the additional cost and 4) you have to keep fresh balls in the game as the PF protector will scratch if not.

Great feedback. Thanks so much!

#11464 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Officially in the club.
Game is amazing and played perfectly out of the box.

Congrats. And a nice start!
Order date and disty/direct?
I'll guess disty and ordered October 9th

#11467 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Eight short months laterā€¦
(Actually received Tuesday, finally had time to set it up today.)
[quoted image]

Best pic ever! Dream team. How will you ever want to play the DE again? I played DE on location prior to jjgnr coming out and still loved it but things have changed somewhat....
Its always going to have that nostalgic charm and great memories but since the jjgnr came out it's showing it's age and I smile as I walk by it down memory lane on the way to the jjgnr.

#11484 2 years ago

Sure seems like they are favoring disty orders! Then again JJP direct is probably the longest line and the slowest way to order but the most profit for JJP, So you think that would count for something.

#11485 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I also received notification that my game is ready to ship. Are you having the same reservations about accepting a game with the potential for playfield issues? I'm really torn because I absolutely love the gameplay!

Are you helpless in repairs and unable to do the work discussed in the key post by fooflighter? If so, you might cancel.

#11487 2 years ago

Not helpless, no. It's just that I have this absurd notion that when I drop 10k for an elaborate toy, I'm going to be able to play the game instead of shutting it down for an extended period of time to iron a pooled playfield and install additional washers. Out-of-the-box adjustments are one thing, but I'm not eager to invest time in a machine to address aesthetic issues on a brand new game.

Then I think you're in a great position to take the game. Latest ones seem to have some modifications indicating positive changes are happening at JJP. I understand what you're saying and everyone here agrees with you, but it is what it is. Accept the shipment and enjoy the best pin ever made!!!

#11523 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thatā€™s great to hear. Iā€™ve still not so much as watched a video of the gameplay.

Wow! I haven't been studying it by any means but high level strategies are fuzzy at best for me, intentionally as I wait as well. I've been on location playing it but mostly flailing as I slowly pick up some basics and try out new things. I couldn't avoid going on location, no way!

It's so noisy in there I can't even hear the game however... And last time I Just discovered that you can hold the right flipper down to get into a player configuration mode and set up Bluetooth.

So I brought my noise canceling Bluetooth headphones with me last night and went on location for Father's Day celebration and while it was tricky to get them paired I finally managed to do that by restarting Bluetooth on the pin over and over until I could see my headphones on the pin, then I connected them and wow what a totally new great experience playing with stereo headphones on and noise canceling all the background location music and bar noise. So immersive!!

Check it out if you have not tried this!

#11612 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

I guess I better pop open an energy drink before I start playing again then!

Welcome to the jungle baby!

#11645 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Absolutely Beautiful, HUGE shout out to Lior and his amazing work!! Thank you, Thank you!!
[quoted image]

You installed it in the wrong spot.

Jk. Cool pic!!

#11711 2 years ago

I was under the impression the concert footage was edited and synced as best of their ability to match the album master tracks.

#11714 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I told JJP about the pooling on my CE and they sent me this.
[quoted image]

Tell him what he's won, Bob!

#11734 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thats why Marco had sold out of the 10-32 posts.

Great News! The Mini post 10-32 bottom .875 inch stud is now back in stock! (Product ID 530-5005-00)

Click the following link to view the details for item: 530-5005-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5005-00

#11740 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did you receive notification about that? Because when I tried to order, it showed as in stock but they emailed me after I ordered to say it wasnā€™t.
In any case Pinball Spare Parts Australia had some if any one needs them and Marco doesnā€™t have them.

Nice. Yep, I posted immediately after I got the back in stock email from them. They should fix their website.
I guess JJP beat you to it.

#11741 2 years ago

crap. dbl post....hate it when I do that

#11758 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You want a deep socket set similar to this though obviously Imperial (not metric)ā€¦..I got mine from a mechanic tool supplierā€¦.make sure it goes right down to the small size sockets.

Rather than a whole kit shown which is nice but expensive and has parts I dont need, are there specific sizes needed for the pin?
I am thinking just getting the sockets needed. There can't be that many, right? Or maybe this $20 socket set is adequate for the entire pin?

DEWALT Deep Socket Set, 20-Piece, 1/4" Drive Metric/SAE (DWMT73811)
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TI5ETMI/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_PMKKRT364V51KBEQH8VX

it says it has:
ā€Ž9 - 1/4" Drive SAE Deep Sockets (3/16, 1/4, 5/32, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2),
11 - 1/4" Drive Metric Deep Sockets: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.

Will this cover all the sizes needed?
thank you.

#11761 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

no idea what you talking about. Mirco makes the playfield in Germany and Marco's is an American company

Simple vowel confusion. It was cleared up :

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Two completely different businesses mate.
Marco
Mirco

Quoted from punkin:

Ahhh, good stuff, please excuse me and go on about your business.
[quoted image]

#11794 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

I posted pics of the fans installed on my ce a couple weeks ago in the CE thread.
My average scores have increased quite a bit. I just set my new GC at 229 mill!! My name is heyzeusss666 if you want to follow me on scorbit.

There's a marketing testimony if I ever heard one.... not that tbreeze needs any, but still....

#11804 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Looks like my level is installed upside down. I will try and turn it around tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Or your legs are on backwards

#11809 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

As promised, let me know what you think!

That's so awesome I can definitely do that now that you share those instructions. Great video. I think your shopping cart was missing the power supply but I've seen that in another link somewhere else No big deal.

I'd love to see a video of somebody playing that pin in song mode to get a feel of what the light show looks like.

#11824 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I've been having balls get stuck on the pick spinner. It kinda goes backwards a little during multiball usually and balls get caught by the diagonal part until another blasts through. But if its the last ball I have to lift the front of the machine to free it. Any fixes for this?

Found a couple posts for you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/133#post-6169672

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/192#post-6282030

#11832 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I figured it was Pinballife or someone but was more hoping on someone pointing me to the correct size.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/231#post-6344998

#11834 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That's another great option if you don't mind having more than one power cord coming out of the machine.

I liked that option, but had the same OCD response in my brain about wanting only 1 power cord coming out of the pin.

New question........
On a similar vein, how does everyone feel about a battery backup+surge protector? GnR is a gaming PC with sensitive electronics after all, and to prevent the nefarious brown outs or quick power events that happen (maybe, heaven forbid, during a great game!) which could wreak havoc on your pin.

We have a gaming PC in the house that has one and that PC is 1/4 of the price of this pin, so I think it would be logical to put the pin on a UPS? (uninterruptible power supply)

what is the minimum wattage do you think is needed? (Assume the pin with extra mods like the additional 4 hot rails, pinwoofer, tbreeze fans)
Have any others done this and if so, any links of which UPS they went with?

#11841 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I use Line Conditioners on all my pins. They output a steady 120 volts regardless of what the electrical company provides. And they are inexpensive. I estimated each pinball machine uses 2 amps of power or 240 watts. This line conditioner is 1200 watts.. I put 3 pins on each line conditioner.
[quoted image] An AC power conditioner is the typical power conditioner that provides "clean" AC power to sensitive electrical equipment. Usually this is used for home or office applications and provides surge protection as well as noise filtering.

This is a super idea. Doesn't help your game when you're at the end of getting your all time high score and the power goes out. Lol.
Isn't a good ups also going to condition line quality and maintain stability plus give you battery powered run time to finish your game?

This one is about double the price and while it may not be a perfect sine wave like your recommendation, it's probably good enough with battery backup.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06VY12HW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_2WVNYB17TPWJ2B28QP84

#11842 2 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

Powerloss should not be a problem. The gamecode is primarily loaded into ram while booting. Settings are saved to SSD. I think surge protection is more important

It's a problem if you're in the middle of a game.
UPS provides both continued playing as well as surge

Example ups... And don't say it's too expensive if you own the pin.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06VY12HW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_2WVNYB17TPWJ2B28QP84

#11845 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just listed mine for sale... The game is just too complex for me to have fun.

This hurts my heart.

#11849 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I'm just now getting up to speed in this forum - just found out my GnR LE should be arriving in September!

Congrats!!
Great info on plastics, so after becoming smarter thanks to you, I have two questions...

When did you order?
From whom? (JJP direct or disty)

#11862 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Against my better judgement, I'm going to go ahead and share this video since I said I would! I know I'm setting myself up for all the Pinstadium haters to come barking, but here's a vid of the Pinstadium Concert Editions in-action along with the external LED hookups doing their thing. The video makes it look intense (and it is I'll admit), but truthfully I can track the ball a lot easier now with the brighter lighting. Scores have been improving and for my personal tastes I fucking love this new setup!

Gotta admit it looks good, better than I expected.
Looks like it's synced to the data line of the hot rails too... Hmm... Maybe I'm jaded because you picked rocket queen which is my top song pick right now in the pin.
Just not sure I can get over the price for what it is.
Part of me thinks if I can get the stuff and sync with hot rails outside the cabinet, I could also incorporate this is desired. Mounting might be the tricky part, but just don't know. Thanks for posting this!

#11877 2 years ago

Turning on the lights is like playing pinball as a Vampire, it burns it burns!

Especially when your eyes are dilated.

#11878 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

My daughter just completed her Appetite for Destruction painting she started more than 8 months ago. Earned herself $200 spending money for the beach, so it worked out pretty well for her.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Talented. A+
Next....playfield design!!

#11889 2 years ago

I like it but two things I would want to change.. since it's a concert stage replica make the back art feature the band in skull characters with their instruments placed in a concert situation and look like they are backing up Axl.
The art is good but the pin art is better and the topper art detracts, plus doesn't support the singer or GnR concert theme going on. Then you can Change the art to iron maiden band and then market it for that pin. ( Edit. The post after mine from pinballjah talks about the art looking like a dinosaur, I thought the EXACT same thing!)

Second, the side speakers should be black coordinate with the top.. Silver doesn't do it for me with this pin. It's too much and washes out the singer sculpture. Looks too techno, not rock and roll.
Nothing is silver on the pin either and overall it's too washed out looking. The silver scaffolding accent in silver looks good. If that was the only silver, then it would make Axl pop.

Final comment, the back drop lighting in the pic looks a little weak and concentrated to the bottom. Maybe the photos.. but I'd like to see it more even instead of just at the bottom and illuminate the entire art up to the top, not too bright to wash out Axl, but more even. I feel like I can see the bulbs/ LED behind the art

Great job overall.

#11895 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

the Axl sculpt needs a LED at his base to light him up , because he just blends into the background as well .

Excellent suggestion.

P.s.
The led zep topper is quite good, yes.

#11902 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:I have a late May, early June LE build. Do I have the "washer post kit/fix" already installed? I hope I took pictures of the correct posts.

Quoted from fooflighter:

No... Get those washers on pronto... And anywhere else you can for protection

Here's fooflighter awesome key post if you haven't read it yet

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#11912 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

$2K+ .... no thanks....

If you're in that price range, I'd wait for lior's first

#11935 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

My actual order date was Feb. 1st. I had no idea a price increase was coming a few days later so lucked out. Had been on the fence, but after receiving my Zep LE just a few days before that, I realized rock pins are for me. (no Zep vs. GnR comments here please.....they can peacefully co-exist and I will prove it! ha ha)
Ordered from a Distributor. Had told me 5-6 months at the time so not that far off.

Ordered 12/30 from JJP direct and they said fall ship date so clearly disty is the way to go. Wish I could switch to music city pinball now ..

#11958 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Great outcome psexton ! GNR has officially become the top selling title at PinWoofer:
Have fun!

Awesome. I think that calls for a proper, dedication to gnr on that page with pics now that Wonka is dethroned.

#11960 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

That sounds like fun - we reached out to Slash and offered him a complimentary PinWoofer system but received no response (and that's OK). It would have been epic since he was so insturmental during development of the title!

The team edition may not need one.

#11992 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Thanks! I did - just waiting for them to respond. Good to know.

I was under the impression your original email was in reference to clear film over the silver record , and not the center album art sticker. Did I misunderstand?

#11997 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

My May LE build does not have the washers or longer posts.
When I created a ticket with JJP to get them, this was their response:
Do to supply issues we are unable to send out washers or longer posts.
JJP does not recommend altering your playfield.
If you feel you need to add these items,
Pinball Life and Marco Specialties have the information and can get you what you need.

May version GNR manual has the new warranty verbiage... your build is May... so that may be the reason. Dunno, just sayin'

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

What is covered on the game?
Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (ā€œCovered Partsā€) from the date the machine is shipped to JJPā€™s authorized distributors (or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the ā€œWarranty Periodā€):

1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period ā€“ Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

What is not covered on the game?
JJPā€™s Limited Warranty does not cover anything other than the Covered Parts during the Warranty Period.

#12004 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

did anybody ever make a video to install those pinmonk cooling fans? i did not install mine yet

Quoted from LTG:

Check YouTube :

LTG : )

Never seen that power supply fan...

thought he was talking about the "fans" plural... the Tibetan Breeze JJP Guns n Roses 3-Flipper Cooling Kit that dug is also referring to which include instructions with pics in the box, and are simple as mentioned... I haven't seen a video on it, probably for good reason. Not needed.
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-jjp-pin-3-flipper-cooling-kit

#12006 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's no video I'm aware of, but the printed instructions are very step by step, so you should be fine. I've literally only had two people need a clarification of one step.

I tend to overanalyze things a bit, so unless that works in my favor, just a heads up that I will probably be people #3 once my game arrives.

#12014 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Man this pin is exhausting when you get a couple good ones back to back .

No doubt! I break a sweat!

#12015 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Any chance you would be able to take some pics of the install and links to the parts you used? I think this came out great
Someone a while back said they used a dvi to hdmi adapted. Not sure if the dvi video out was on the playfield monitor or somewhere on the board.

I'm waiting when Damonator gets both apron and playfield LCD to work simultaneously .. then I'm in.

#12027 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Anyone on the fence for the Pinwoofer kit for the GNR should pull the trigger. Anyone else install this kit? Whats your thoughts? 1st mode done on my LE. No regrets here. Worth every penny IMO. Like that I have booming base without a external sub sitting under the machine. Super easy to install following the YouTube video for installation. Now you can truly FEEL the sound like a title like this should have been out of the box. JJP fell short on the sound system. Pinwoofer addressed that problem quite well. Instruction have you installing the amp in place of the coin box. I chose to keep the coin box in place and mounted it next to the subwoofer. In my opinion its still easy to reach in through the coin door to make adjustments and pop it out of the holder to pull it outside the machine to adjust. The coil of wires next to the speaker is so the amp can be pulled out the coin door while hooked up. For those of you that don't know.

Nice job. I'll likely do the same as I suspect once it's dialed in there will be not much adjustment needed.

I love how it's mounted next to a sticker stating adding electronics voids the warranty. And the deeper humor is, in reality, the warranty that is voided is I think only 2 items and those are limited to a short time. Meh. Mod it up!

#12030 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So about the warrantyā€¦.when spotlights were breaking and they were sending replacements was that covered under a prior warranty that is no longer in place?
Are those that purchased the game months ago grandfathered in to the ā€œoldā€ warranty language?

All I can give you is my opinion, which is that prior to May there was a more comprehensive, yet limited warranty, and so anything shipped prior to May should be under that warranty. It's not when you ordered it's when it was shipped and arrived to you I believe.

But I'd like to think that any company that knew there was a valid issue such as spotlights would continue to honor that. However we know JJP is not any company. So I think everything is just a case by case basis. That's what it appears anyway. It also appears that as time goes on they're tightening the grip on the position of you're on your own.
Fortunately from the late @zaphx, I recall there are methods to sourcing your spotlight servos, and broken parts needed can be "printed" from 3D printers (thingyverse.com ?). So I think JJ is sending the message loud and clear, that as of pins shipped starting May 2021, they want to focus only on initial task of building and shipping the pin and basically code updates, with a limited warranty only covering: 1. Printed circuit boards (game logic) for Sixty (60) Days and 2. LCD monitor for Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

#12036 2 years ago

It doesnt appear to me from tracking with all the info from people ordering and receiving their pins over the last 6 months that all disty are the same... there is one post on here with Feb order and he received in May. This was an extreme exception/unicorn. Others are October orders and are still waiting from their Disty.
I am a 12/30 order direct from JJP and been told fall ship date. Several October JJP directs are posted here as landing recently in the last month.
I have seen a rare Nov JJP direct order already received by someone, so it seems maybe JJP's own allotment percentage of production has them fulfilling their direct orders from around the beginning of November, and still maybe end of October orders currently. This would track with my December 30 order & fall time frame.

Here is a speculative discussion from 3 months ago that touches on the topic of how allocations *may* work in another thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-gnr-les-till-june#post-6218018

#12042 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I ordered an LE on Jan from a distributer in CT and got the machine in June for whatbita worth.

Yup thx. That makes the point that depending on your disty and their % allocation from each weeks production you could wait less than six months if you pick the right disty... Bigger disty is probably worse since their orders qty are bigger, allocation percentage is smaller, which makes their line longer.. smaller Disty, less orders, shorter line...... But if you order direct from JJP then you are in one big honking line waiting 9 or 10 months minimum.
If I could go back, I'd probably go through my disty which I didn't even know I had until recently, honestly. Logically going direct to JJP seemed advantageous... But that was before I see how it works.... Oops.
At least as mentioned many times, later builds seem to have provided time to work out some kinks. I keep telling myself that while I wait, and wait, and wait...

#12045 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

The size of the distributor shouldnā€™t matter. Each one gets the same percentage of their orders with each run. So a large distributor with 50 orders may get 5 but the smaller guy with 10 would get 1.

Are you making this up? It doesn't seem this linear.

#12049 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Ha. No I was told this from my distributor.

Ok interesting. I never knew Disty only gets 10 percent of orders allocated. How often? Do you know is it weekly? Monthly? What if they only have 2 orders did they get it 2 tenths at a time in pieces until they can build one? Lol

#12060 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

My buddy says it was mid Oct.
We each ordered one not two a piece ..
Been following this club for awhile . Looking forward to delivery.

Disty or direct?

#12063 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Shipping paperwork says right from JJP factory to a Fed Ex terminal.
Ordered through a distributor...

See that's interesting since JJP direct orders are also shipping from October order time frame. So at least with your disty it looks like ordering through them only benefited them. Does it drop from FedEx to your door or theirs?

General question to everyone here:
What is the value proposition of the disty anyway?
Do they come out the day of delivery and set it up?

#12064 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Dang I'm getting the screen. Hope it's just temporary. Will try again tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Looks like definitely server issue.

#12071 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have to pick it up from the fed ex terminal.
Purchase price was free shipping to nearest terminal.

Yikes. Ok hopefully when I get "the call" from JJP they have freight to my door option when they quote shipping... Or maybe this is something new I didn't realize and it's expected to go to the terminal to get it??

#12073 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Not sure if the size of the distributor or location really maters. I ordered my LE from one of the largest distributors in the western half of the states on October 7th. I didn't get it till 3 weeks ago. Has a May 21st build date. A lot of people that ordered machines weeks if not a month or two after me got then way before I did so it doesn't even seem to mater if your only a day or two out from launch or placed a order two month after launch. Certainly isn't following any priority of whose order was in earlier or not. Seem everyone is getting them at random. Like many others have said. I am so thankful didn't get a earlier production model.

You fit the profile of biggest disty, most orders, longest line theory. Small disty, shorter line. They missing info is how jjp handles allocation qty and how often.

Edit. Are you saying that people that ordered games after you from the same distributor got them earlier than you did?

#12079 2 years ago

You're up early.

#12094 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I really want to pull the trigger on an LE but what are my odds of getting a pin with an Fā€™d up playfield?

These days seems like it's dwindled... Maybe 1 in 5000. Just a swag.
JJP is implementing changes as we've seen from latest games shipped plus There's nib key post in tech section of this topic of steps documented by fooflighter which has worked for him and he's well over 1000 plays after implementing them.

Or

Plenty of gently used ones. Almost no warranty on new anyway so seems like a worthwhile option if you want to see before you buy. Even on those, the steps in the key post mentioned above should be considered and implemented if not done already.

#12099 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

. Did I read correctly that JJP has now stopped adding the black washers and longer posts to new machines? And they further limited the scope of their warranty?

There's nothing to indicate that they have stopped adding washers and posts improvements. Latest shipments have shown these modification. What you may be referring to is a post of one request made to support for a may build that did not have these changes and they replied to this person due to supply chain issues they can't send parts and go source from Marco or pinball life.
As for the limited warranty, the may GNR manual is very limited compared to nov2020 version last year.

November
JJPā€™s Limited 90 Day Bumper to Post Warranty

Our Bumper to Postā€œ Limited Warrantyā€ covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for 90 days from the date of purchase written on your invoice. The LCD monitor will be covered for 1 year from the date of purchase written on your invoice.

What is not covered? Tax, labor, service calls, loss of income, negligence, misuse, abuse, alteration, modification, rust, warping, damage caused by electrical surge, intrusion of any liquid, fire, theft, acts of God,
improper repair, installation, testing and improper electrical connections, damaged caused by converting game from one region to another.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Nov2020.pdf

May 2021

Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (ā€œCovered Partsā€) from the date the machine is shipped to JJPā€™s authorized distributors
(or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the ā€œWarranty Periodā€):
1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period ā€“ Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

What is not covered on the game?
JJPā€™s Limited Warranty does not cover anything other than the Covered Parts during the Warranty Period. JJPā€™s Limited Warranty also does
not cover claims for Covered Parts arising from misuse, abuse, alteration or modification, rust, warping, damage caused by electrical surge, intrusion of any liquid, fire, theft, acts
of God, improper repair, installation, testing and improper electrical connections, or damage caused by converting game from one region to another.

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

#12106 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:I'm sorry may I ask what happened to zaphX???

Trolls .... Saw one this morning, in fact.

#12164 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

JJP GnR noobi..... I'm thinking about scooping up a NIB one that I assume has been built shortly ago....is there still playfield concerns with them or anything else I need to watch out for

Depends on what your expectations are in terms of owning it and what you are willing to do to maintain it, and then are you willing to accept the risk that it may fall short. Have you played it? Do you love it? It's it just a museum piece for you? Maybe you are the person that keeps it 6 months and dumps it...

You are a restorer, modder and have plenty of pins and experience. So dealing with issues shouldn't be a problem... However I don't see JJP in your list...

Read this for a summary of recommendations for An idea what is being dealt with on GnR and in some form or fashion. Most of the last hundred posts here should also bring you up to speed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#12166 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Iā€™d like to hear from a few people on the first 3-4 patches they go for when they start the game. Do you always focus on these same patches?
Prior to getting these patches, do you prioritize locking balls or letting them fall back down to light the gnr inserts?
Iā€™m focusing first and foremost on fender, vater and duff skull before I start locking balls

Check these out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=posts&q=Fender&topic-machine=&pinsider=Zaphx&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

#12179 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

So the drama and discussion on the playfield clear quality continuesā€¦. And possibilities they are switching suppliers. Does anyone have any idea of the backlog and can provide a sense that if I put a down payment down on March 31 of this year, approximately how many folks are in front of me? (LE). How many have been built and fulfilled to date and how much backlog remains? Approximate of course.
Thanks!

The answer won't be exact because it's all just an educated guess based on posts from here. But that best guess gut answer will be different depending on if you went through a distributor, And which one, or whether you ordered direct from JJP?

Someone recently made a stab Guess at around 1600 is where they're at in LE production. I think that's probably fairly Good guess and Id bet on that. My hunch would say that they have well over 2500 orders

#12181 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

70M Rocket Quenn JP last night.
Had all the black patches, fender etc. Rocket patch and had band frenzy x2 or 3. Rest of game was a bust though only got to 89 M.
So many different ways to attack with patches. Still confused why sometimes it will give me credit for 2 lights to complete the patch from upper playfield and others just one light.

It's my favorite song on there. I bet that was amazing!

#12210 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the material it's made of?

... the Lior action button mod.. some kind of acrylic?

Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

Now the most disappointing part. My Limor (sp.Lior) action button broke in half at the bottom of the bottom. Had little tape on the backside. Very disappointed for $ 270 bucks.

There's a Lior art of pinball thread here... See what can be done.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/10#post-6369950

#12334 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Proud parents.

#12359 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Is the game light on Bass? Mine game seems kinda pitchy if that makes sense

This might be the #1 best mod by consensus.. dare I say the word mandatory?

Depending on your play habits and duration of play, the tbreeze fans are probably 2nd
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-jjp-pin-3-flipper-cooling-kit

#12419 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

added my Undercab and Backbox lights connected with the hotrails
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkAHEzqX5pMugZBDmwr34WdGiO_Z7g
Works great

Flippin awesome!
Definitely on my to do list
Easy?

#12421 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Got shipping notification for a December LE purchase.

Exciting! Your order must be through a distributor....
Can't wait to get mine!

#12464 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Left flipper failed mid game ..... after only about 20 plays.... screws or should I stay screw backed out of the coil stop. I'm guessing they forgot to put 2 in because I looked everywhere in the cabinet and could only find 1....but I was able to fix the shoot lane

I plan to go over every bolt, nut, screw and post. Checking for tightness, and also check that they're not overtight.
Following the key post for NIB bulletproofing by fooflighter on here is a good starting guide. I'm glad to see modifications made by JJP, but this doesn't exclude due diligence or settling that it can occur during shipping. Or the extra petg washers that I will install per the guide.

Inspect every 50 or so games In the beginning and wax often. If nothing else it will get me focused on playfield to notice damages or notice any pooling before it gets out of control and can make adjustments. Hopefully this doesn't happen obviously.

Once fooflighter did this, he cruised to 1000 games with no further issues, just performing the cleaning maintenance and waxing, as far as I know. Probably spot checks on posts and tightness, etc That's a pretty ok routine. It's just more work in the beginning until the pin settles in and becomes stable.

#12491 2 years ago
Quoted from Bfults:

Iā€™m an idiot!

Nah, That's your brain on adrenaline...new GnR in da house!

#12493 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

What's the Mylar fix?

It's in the tech section of key posts
TECH: PLAYFIELD. Drumstick mylar fix

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/213#post-6316746

#12501 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

post deleted by Cayenne because Art of Pinball saw its rights violated

Just curious what rights were violated? Is there a copyright infringement going on?

#12502 2 years ago

I think it's really unfair that there appears to be a bunch of bullying going on from art of pinball to force this guy to stop selling generic plain speaker kits which nobody has a copyright on plastic speakers... Come on...

They were posted up here and now the posts all gone. Does anyone know about this? Even Sven store is taken down. Just not right.

Here's the original topic
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit#post-6392827

#12507 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Impossible to evaluate since all the posts and content are deleted.

Original post and pictures are back now

#12516 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Original post and pictures are back now

Quoted from screaminr:

Not on my thread , do you want to put up a picture .

Thx. Should have read all the posts before replying!

#12518 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Great write up.
I agree, I think Retro Centgo or whatever the video source was from really took the focus off track and did a disservice to the root issue. Not intentional, but away from the prime focus of the clear and the metal washers being the issue. IMHO the posts used by JJP have nothing to do with the pooling issue...

Good time for an update from you? Still holding strong and how many plays are you up to since your bulletproofing?

#12519 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok i am about to get back into my GNRCE and tear this down to put some washers on it, etc...Been way to busy to get it done. I have been out of the loop so here goes. What is the best method to use to fix these STUPID issues? At this time, i think i want to put washers on ALL post. If i am going to tear it down might as well. Cliffys are on the way so im getting close. Does anyone have the amount i need and sizes needed? I need to go w/ black because clear washers will show my damage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!

I think a good start is all here in a key post of biblical proportions from fooflighter located in the tech section and entitled NIB Bulletproofing:

#12530 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thank u so much. Exactly what i needed. But i dont see black.

True . And in that key post he does show a picture of a blue one on top of the upper play field which is really pretty dark. I think those are from pinball life.

Titanpinball also has purple which looks even darker to me so that might be as close as you can get. With the play field art underneath purple It will probably look pretty close to black.

Obviously you're trying to cover up damage which is why you don't want clear. Anything without damage you could still use clear.

And since we know JJP is putting black washers on their machines now I would hope if you can get in touch with them they could send you some black washers for your damaged areas if you really don't think purple will be dark enough..

#12534 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Added a spotlight for axl.

I don't think this post got the attention it deserves.
Spotlight on Axl is great.. do tell more.
did you just add a small led from under the playfield? What kind and where did you grab power? Assuming this just static and stays on when the game is powered? Or did you go overboard and tap into hot rails
Did you happen to experiment with different colors and brightness?

As a side note, maybe someone will come up with a nut hiding kit. The skulls at the bottom of axl are cool except I don't like the two nuts and bolt sitting among them. If we had little resin cast skulls we could pop on top cover them up that would be great. Also there's other areas on the playfield where something could sit on top of a nut to cover it up, like Just someone sell a bag of assorted skulls that fit on top of those standard nuts. Obviously a full kit of assorted roses, bullets, skulls, etc to cover all the bolts and screws on the playfield would be awesome.

#12667 2 years ago

Exciting, it's been awhile since we've had an unboxing. I see July 2021 is the build date. Looking forward to play field pictures and real time updates on the overall play field. Also curious which limited edition number you got! And the usual minutia such as which album sticker. ... Plus what mods are in your immediate future? Congrats!

Quoted from Blu:

Itā€™s been a long waitā€¦
[quoted image]

#12679 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

did you end up doing this? did you find many posts and/or nuts/screws loose or too tight? I guess playing a ton of games will reveal the loose ones, but what about the tight ones? if you loosen them, they may just come out eventually right?

My future self did it .. jk. Still waiting on my pin!
The idea is any too tight may be causing damage and same for any loose... But This seems to be more common with earlier builds but that's an impression from reading posts. Everything should be tight but not torqued until crushing the playfield like some pictures.
Waiting to check it all out and just playing it out of the box for extended duration just promotes more damage potentially imo. It appears there have been some people who have done just that and been playing since they got it then stopped to take a look at the playfield and started to find things going a little wonky.
Don't get me wrong I'll probably play a few games after a quick spot check once I get mine But I've been collecting mods so That's definitely going to help me get Zen with the pin. Can't wait!

Quoted from Blackjacker:

But goddamn the light show in Rocket Queen (my 1A GNR song) is amazing. LALD has the sweet seizure-strobes, but the cascading colors in Rocket Queen are just goddamn awesome.

Definitely rocket queen. Definitely.

#12680 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

A looong time agoā€¦ 10/8/20.

I'm guessing you went through a distributor because jjp should be turning the corner from October and heading into November orders by now for direct.

#12703 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

i was a direct JJP order in october for LE, and received on June 29. game looks really close to perfect, but there is a bit of pooling on the clearcoat. no chipping yet on 300* or 400 games. maybe I lucked out. mine has washers on the posts closest to the flippers.
if you ordered direct in november, yours should be on a truck soon friend, so congrats!!!

I ordered direct 12/30/20 and have been told by JJP to expect a fall ship date. If yours was October 8 direct, and flip out just gave one of their customers their Le from October 15 order then they are shipping slower than I thought. I'm sure I remember some posts on here from people ordering direct at the end of October and getting theirs. I also thought there was some very few first of November direct orders being received. So just makes no sense to me. I thought for sure they'd be into November by now. October 8th is very disappointing.

Another comment is that last I saw some recent unboxing that they were shipping in the 1200s or 1300s referencing the license plates.... The flipnout le just received was 1729 from mid October .... Draw your own conclusions there. My conclusion is that there is a lot of pins being shipped out and their owners are just not on pinside.

Quoted from Pinhead007:

Is it better to buy from the manufacture (jjp) or a regular distributor? Im trying to figure out where to put my deposit. Would it ship faster if i go directly through jjp or is it the same ?

As you may have noticed or determined , I think JJP direct is always slower because you're in one big honking line.... I chose to go direct because I didn't know I even had a distributor model at the time I ordered and I thought going direct to the source was going to be faster. Apparently it's slower and just puts more money in JJP's pocket because they don't have to pay a distributor. Doesn't help me a bit. Not to mention I've got to deal with the installation and pick up all by myself with no help. If I could switch to a distributor I would do it in a heartbeat.

Going through a distributor seems faster is most all cases and extremely fast in tdiddy case. His order was like Amazon fast. That's crazy. I've seen other distributors deliver in few months too. I have a personal opinion that the larger the distributor The more orders, the slower it will be because they only are allotted so many. But there is not consistent data to support this just my feeling. So not only would I go with a distributor if I could do it again, but I would go with a small distributor, maybe smallest possible and preferably with less than three orders pending.

Because everything is so inconsistent and data from the posts here and who they order from and at what time they ship I feel like there's a lot of back scratching going on, but maybe that's the impatient conspiracy theorist in me.

#12717 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Added a few more cool trinkets to the front of GNR LE. Fridge magnet and GNR AFD keychain. This game is so much fun to mod!
[quoted image]

The red eye mod looks awesome on the start button. I've got that one in my mod stash box too. Did you get the add-on that lets the eye pulse?

#12748 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

JJP offers white glove delivery and installation if you donā€™t want to pick it up yourself. At least thatā€™s what their site mentioned and what they told me over email when I pre-ordered

Interesting. Assume that's extra. I ordered 100% online, no humans involved. Don't recall that option. Thx

#12768 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

Hi guys.
I have a lot of problems with my LE, I even think that the sound system is not from this machine, can someone tell me if this subwoofer is the one that has to be in an LE
Sorry for my bad english, I from spain
[quoted image]

I know this doesn't answer your question, but you can pair some quality Bluetooth headphones.. that's a great and immersive experience imo, and a "mod" that you can probably do right now ... while waiting for your pinwoofer order of course.

#12772 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

I appreciate your advice. but I need to know if this is the correct speaker, according to specifications it is 65w, when I have seen other LEs that have 300w. I need it to make a list of failures, I am going to return the machine.

The two links from Shredso are similar but different impedances. First is 4ohm, second is 8ohm.
There are other specifications like sensitivity that would actually affect the sound quality without potentially hurting the amp as getting the correct impedance for the amp is more important than wattage specs and sensitivity.

It wouldn't surprise me if JJP sourced multiple kinds of woofers and their BOM part# is just based on cost first As long as it meets their impedance specifications. PinWoofer might know what stock specs "should" most likely be from his research and testing of pinwoofer....

#12774 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

pinmonks cooling fans work great.. cool product...easy installation too

True... But Oops my bad, I meant PinWoofer above..

#12782 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What's the deal with the mini wizard mode demo derby ? Is the code not complete?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's just recently been released in the beta code only?

#12800 2 years ago

LE 1561 in the house! July build with all the new fixes; the game looks and plays perfectly out of the box. I had to make one small adjustment to fix an intermittent drain from the song scoop SDTM but it now functions perfectly. This game is otherworldly! For those waiting for your game, the pin is definitely worth the wait and you may take comfort that your build will have all the latest tweaks and adjustments.

Felice Navidad, Captain!!!

#12804 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I would say no to another SE run. Poor initial sales and higher margin on the LE means they have low motivation for another run. Plus, Iā€™m sure they are eager to release the next game to maintain some sort of market momentum.

I think se machines are going to be as rare as CE.
They're going to be making LE for a while now. They haven't even made it halfway out of October orders yet. People are still getting them who ordered on October 8th.. just last week #1742 of 5000. Now 1561... so their getting closer to half way and not even out of October??? ...Sometimes I think they're going to make all 5,000.

#12818 2 years ago

Do black washers matter? I'm glad they are doing this at the factory but not sure why they didn't use clear(presumed it's a cost factor)... I've got a stash of clear petg just waiting for my pin to arrive and plan to swap unless there's something I'm missing.

#12847 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:I got my call and final invoice two weeks ago, and then one week ago I was told that theyā€™d run out of some parts and the line was stopped. Itā€™s funny that this is the way we learn the world really is breaking down.
I have no idea what to expect or when to expect it, but I donā€™t suppose itā€™ll matter much when the zombies come

Apparently it's worse than that... Zombies have arrived.

Screenshot_20210728-074127_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210728-074127_Chrome (resized).jpg

#12850 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee: I wonder what they have all their employees do when they have to stop the line, though.

Gee, I wonder ..

#12879 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Re. the auto launch issue under discussion here, I installed BETA V10 hoping that it might help with the problem. It did not but it did create a whole new problem. I am getting an error message on the LCD stating that the CAB Board has a communications error. Apparently that is a known problem with that BETA version. I did refer it to the BETA team at JJP and I hope theycan create a patch to clear it. In the meantime I am stuck with it. The game still plays but the LCD is obscured by the error message. My suggestion is to maybe not install the BETA V10 until they fix the problem (probably in BETA V11 or some other iteration. Have fun!

Might post this on the beta thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program#post-6411677

#12894 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This should lighten things up a bit [quoted image]

For that price it better be slash's personal team edition pin.

#12897 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I would, my game is Dec. 2020 build and 99 plays with chipping already.

That's only about 14 plays a month.
Which of your pins do you play the most?

#12939 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

A couple of people have asked why I didn't do a topper for the mini-flipper bat. Simple answer is I don't know the shape of the bat. I'd be happy to create a 4 piece set for CE/LE if someone could provide me with a scan/trace/outline file of the mini-flipper bat.
If someone can provide me with a digital outline file or be willing to work with me and provide measurements that I can create a template for them to test until we get it right, I would appreciate it.

Maybe this helps?

20210730_153741 (resized).jpg20210730_153741 (resized).jpg
#12957 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not really, but thanks for going to the effort. Exact dimensions of the length (photo angle distorts the ruler reading some) and the width and the fattest part of the bat would be a helpful start.
BTW, what are those (decals or something), and where did you get them?

Those are the back side of these:

https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2050.htm

I can try to get better dimensions

Screenshot_20210731-150321_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210731-150321_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12958 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

More progress! All monitors/splitters powered by game (turn on/off with game). Just waiting on angled hdmi/power cables in order to tuck everything nicely. The left monitor is IPS and looks great from any angle. The right monitor was *supposed* to be IPS but itā€™s obviously TN. It looks fine looking directly at it when playing (2nd pic).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is awesome. I loved the fit and finish of your original pics with the gold trim. But that was under mounted. These look too big for the space, especially the one on the right. Assuming this is just me not having your vision.
Maybe this will look more properly sized once under mounted? The ocd in me thinks both should be same size too.
Just feedback, I'm in awe and think this is so cool. I will be tracking this and implementing once your materials list is available and my pin gets here!!

#12964 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Both of them are 7ā€ monitors - the left one is native 1920x1080 and the right is 800x480 (like the source monitors). Dimensionally, that is going to result in a ratio difference as one is 16:9, the other 5:3. I think the bezel is probably thicker on the right one too. And the apron is smaller on the right side due to the shooter. I could reverse them and it would probably look more balanced, but then I end up with 4 wires in the middle of the apron that have to tuck under the apron at the top - not the cleanest solution either.
The left monitor (main display mirror) is all encased in aluminum with the breakout boards on the sides internally making it wider horizontally but nice and thin. Iā€™m super impressed with this monitor being 1920x1080 IPS. This one is pretty much plug and play.
The right monitor (PF monitor mirror) has been a complete pain in my rear. Iā€™ve tried 3 different monitors, 3 different splitters and so far this is the only combination that has worked. Iā€™d like to find an encased unit like the left monitor but itā€™s probably not going to happen. I could try a smaller 6ā€ if they exist, but not sure I care at this point. Iā€™ve dumped around $500 into this so far (I need to try and sell off the monitors that didnā€™t work). Another issue is anything you order comes from China so itā€™s a 4-6 week wait.
The breakout board solution is clean looking, but wonā€™t work for CE people as they have mechs in the Coma area underneath. It also requires ribbon cable extenders which are fragile and prone to damage lifting the playfield up and down.
At this point I just want to enjoy the game for a while and be able to see whatā€™s on the 2 monitors without looking away from the flippers. Iā€™m excited to have gotten to this point!

I'm super impressed. Looking forward to updates!!

#13023 2 years ago

I find it interesting they expect the GnR run to complete summer of 2022 when they are still shipping October orders... Highest number LE that I've seen on here is in the 1700s. And we just saw some posts saying that they stopped production due to parts problems.
Are they going to pull the plug on it? I wonder how many orders they actually have at this point.
Are they estimating they'll hit 5000 by next summer one year from now basically? I'm just not sure what to make of this.

#13027 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im actually curious if they will do an actual CE run since it's got the sparkly bits. I'd consider ordering one if a) it was not Mirco and b) it was a CE PF.

What's the difference in play besides coma? From a business standpoint, no CE run ever, imo. Next pin...

#13046 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

The sound quality on the this machine is extremely bad for a music pin. I've seen posts about adding pinwoofers and powered subs with alligator clips, but has anyone tried to add a bluetooth soundbar and sub?

Just to be clear the pinwoofer (singular, not plural) is a complete kit. It consists of one woofer, two tweeters and an amplifier. The stock mid-range remains.

It's pretty much regarded as the best upgrade you can do to this pin.

#13060 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Just got a call from my distributor and my game just came in. Said it was just built and shipped and he was certain that whatever improvements (washers, longer posts etc) would have been incorporated. Do you all know when they started added the temp fixes on the assembly line?

Um, june-ish, I think

#13062 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

In years to come, people are going to want to replace playfields on these games. If the playfields are out of production, blank re cleared playfields will be worth money.
Rumor is JJP are changing playfield manufacturer. I sincerely hope this is correct.

And I hope we aren't starting a new marriage just trading problems. I'd hate to be in the beginning batch of a new disaster blending families... As they say, the devil you know is sometimes better than the one you don't...

#13138 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Which flipper bat toppers are the catā€™s meow? I ordered the ULEk store Roses toppers and donā€™t care for the way they look once I received them, so they went into the coin box. Any other options out there?

Did you go as far as to try them out on your pin? I wondered if any one bought and liked those... I picked them up too but don't have my pin yet.
Screenshot_20210805-221347_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210805-221347_Chrome (resized).jpg

#13146 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I've always just used a polk psw10 for bass on my pins and have been completely happy with this solution. Easy and cheap to do . And when u sell the pin u just keep it for the next. U can also hook 2 pins up to one psw10.

Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Best option. Especially if you already have a powered sub. Sounds fantastic.

But both you guys talking about this don't even have a gnr

#13256 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Looks good. Do you have a link to print out the GnR sticker for the large drum?

Great question.. I'm going to have to tackle this eventually myself... Did a bit of poking around.

Google image search for "guns n roses drumset not in this lifetime"

That drum kit pic I found showing color scheme
https://metalsludge.tv/guns-n-roses-tweets-not-in-this-lifetime-with-drum-kit-photo/

Also you Google image search for
"high resolution guns n roses logo"

Lots of formats and versions you can play with to get right size/scale. Print Media is another topic.

#13283 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

After 10 long months. GNR finally arrived.
[quoted image]

Congrats!
Direct or disty?
Which LE # ?
Order date?

If direct, hoping they're finally into November orders?
Last/highest number I saw posted in the forum was around #1834, iirc.

#13288 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope still waiting on my direct oct 26 order...

Thanks for that info. I'm two months after you.
Direct must be a really really long line ..

#13300 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Thanks Cayenne, all done.[quoted image]

That looks great. What kind of media did you use? Laser jet?

Also what did you use to affix the drums to the pops?

#13326 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have to give a plug for PinMonk's revised Tibetan Breeze fans for GNR! I installed the new version tonight (it mounts to the flipper body rather than the coil stop) and man...I've missed having them. On my machine, flipper fade begins once you're into your first song multiball and it only gets worse from there.
These things are very worth it and the flippers remain consistent game after game. Most of you know I'm not much of a modder but I consider this one a must have.

Are these revised and new new versions or just the same GnR fans he always had since release?

#13377 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I forgot it has about 150 less LEDs
But to put that in perspective , standard GNR has 200+ RGBs , Ninja Turtles pro has 17 RGBs .

Also a key difference in the SE is that the hot rails are white. So in addition to having more lights, with the Pinstadiums you would add more colored lights, I hope. That would be a bummer if they just mimic the white lights on the SE hot rails.

#13402 2 years ago

Ecw0930 Hang in there. Keep at it. You can do all things with the power of the forum to help you through it. You're not alone. You can do this!

#13424 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Does anyone have advice on "must-have" mods?

Aside from what's mentioned in the bulletproofing your NIB in the key posts with the washers..

Two...

Pinwoofer
Pinmonks Tbreeze fans.

After that it's just customizing.

So tell us...(or me)
Did you order direct or from a distributor?
What was your order date?
Which number pin did you get?
What was the born on build date on the back?

Congrats!

#13547 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

My Cliffy kit finally arrived,
Thanks for the awesome products Cliff
So the fun begins

I noticed you put the factory metal washers on the petg washers.. have you been running this combo for any length of time to prove that out?

#13594 2 years ago

Iā€™m in no rush to open or sell at this point. Probably gonna be staring at this box for a couple months and see how the new ones play out

Contemplating the irony of this... while you stare at your unopened GnR, I am impatiently wishing for the phone call..

#13635 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey screaminr !
Well...not necessarily. I would put it this way. For GNR, if you plan to add externals such as a powered sub or stage / AV monitors, the GT facilititates these capabilities. But, many of the features of the GT are overkill for this title and there is a premium to get these features. Most guys don't go the external route and have been craving simplicity and the lower price point served by the KO.
We still offer the GT so if you want to go that route, we'll take great care of you!
Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Dan

But what about da sound?
Can audiophile ears hear a difference?
Over my years in all my A/B comparisons of amplifiers there's usually always SOME difference... Whether it's discrete circuitry, quality of electronics, all resulting in things like better dynamics, frequency sensitivity, soundstage, etc. For me even if the features aren't needed, if the GT sounds better, even slightly, that's the one I want!

#13641 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Vespula !
The final ampifier stage electronics are identical so there is no planned difference in sound, just features.
I agree with what you are saying in terms of hearing things if you listen to many copies. But, put another way, the variance within different amplifier model (GT to KO, or KO to GT), is not expected to be different compared with the variance within the same amplifier model (GT to GT, or KO to KO).
I strongly recommend that you choose based upon features.
Why did I think you already had a PinWoofer system in play for GNR???
Thanks!
Dan

Thanks! Just making sure I got the right stuff. And yes, I've got the GT, waiting on the pin!!

#13671 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can make your own with some gloss laser printer paper, mylar, and 3M 467MP if you want to get crafty.

Or make some side money..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (OBO)
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

1,805 posts in this topic match your search for posts by vespula. You are on page 1 of 8.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.