pasted_image (resized).png
20240430_090158 (resized).jpg
20240430_090142 (resized).jpg
20240428_132037 (resized).jpg
20240427_143830 (resized).jpg
20240427_142928 (resized).jpg
20240427_142240 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

79 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 571.
#19001 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you happen to have the scoop Cliffy installed? If so, there is a tab on it that eventually breaks (it happened to me recently) causing the entire protector to act like a spring and prevent the ball from hitting the switch

I do have a Cliffy scoop protector. The bends have relaxed a little it seems but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I pushed in on the tab to make it tight to the underside of the playfield with a ball in the scoop and the switch still didn’t register.

#19002 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Could your pitch be to high? Whats it set at?

Currently at 6.8 but I can’t promise that’s 100% accurate. I used the PinGuy app but I have my doubts about its accuracy, I’ll likely check again and be a bit more thorough about it this time. The game was so much more enjoyable when that left hold shot is doable.

#19003 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings holminone ! Hope this evening finds you well.
An external gets you infinite bass and if that's what you're after, the external will certainly do it. If you think your backbox sounds good, you could stop there.
But, most feel the factory backbox is grainy and distorted and are sorely disappointed from the first flip. If you want clarity and definition, and a loud and crisp backbox you need PinWoofer. We're all about quality and you will hear a lot of new and surprising things on GNR. I can't imagine going back to stock.
OK, since we were mentioned. Have a great evening and thanks for your attention!

Sold. Ordering now!

#19004 2 years ago

PinWoofer do I order GT amplifier or basic one and use my pinnovators wire tap to keep my external sub??? Concerned a bit about the “auto muting” function of the GT amp. Hate to see it cutout subtle sounds that it shouldn’t.

#19005 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

PinWoofer do I order GT amplifier or basic one and use my pinnovators wire tap to keep my external sub??? Concerned a bit about the “auto muting” function of the GT amp. Hate to see it cutout subtle sounds that it shouldn’t.

The GT works great on GNR and there are scores of them out there. However, for what you are doing I'd recommend the KO Amplifier which has the same power rating but removes the preamp features including the auto-mute. Continue to use your existing external tap and save the $45 compared to the GT. Your sound will be epic. Below is the kit you'll want:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/

Give a shout or PM if you want to talk - happy to help out!

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

#19006 2 years ago

It's always interesting the wake up and see what you said the night before let's put it this way , I normally don't drink whiskey
I found this out in the wild today . Must have had the flippers turned right down , they felt really weak but you could still get all the shots .
Played one game and got lite the fire champion and was pretty happy with that .

IMG20220104212143 (resized).jpgIMG20220104212143 (resized).jpg
#19007 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I'm thinking a rubber earring back would be perfect solution for this. Mine has only come out once a while ago, but will likely try it out the next time I have to take the glass off.

Not sure if you still check this thread or not, but I wanted to let you know that I tried your earring back fix on the left ramp gate and it appears to fit perfectly (super tightly) and doesn't appear to be at risk of falling off. This was a genius solution. Thanks for the idea!

#19008 2 years ago

For those who installed the pinwoofer on a GNR - for the main 8” speaker it says to remove the metal grate bc it can rattle. Well mine is not only stapled down but there are metal screw holes (female) are threaded through it. How did you remove those or did you just install it with the metal grate left in? Help is very much appreciated!

6714BE07-5AF3-4D9A-B0B2-41745976AB82 (resized).jpeg6714BE07-5AF3-4D9A-B0B2-41745976AB82 (resized).jpeg
#19009 2 years ago

I removed the staples and just pulled the grate out ,it's not really secured in by the inserts. On mine anyways.

#19010 2 years ago

Tore it out.

#19011 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Tore it out.

This.

Quoted from etr104:

Not sure if you still check this thread or not, but I wanted to let you know that I tried your earring back fix on the left ramp gate and it appears to fit perfectly (super tightly) and doesn't appear to be at risk of falling off. This was a genius solution. Thanks for the idea!

I just bent the wire form outward enough in a couple places.. a wee bit more open on each side of middle if that makes sense .. just so it has enough/more tension pushing through the holes that it wouldn't easily flex enough from the ball impact to pop back out. Took me two tries to get it right but no earring back needed.

#19012 2 years ago

Thanks. Last question- I hope. Did your four screws protrude this far under the cabinet? I don’t see how they wouldn’t once you remove the wooden block and replace it with the thinner mounting bracket. PS - I will pull out that grate that is in the picture now if I am able without ripping out the metal inserts.

FD7A6929-BAB1-468B-9705-ABB63413A25C (resized).jpegFD7A6929-BAB1-468B-9705-ABB63413A25C (resized).jpeg
#19013 2 years ago

Dan sent me the proper screws to replace those long ones.

#19014 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Thanks. Last question- I hope. Did your four screws protrude this far under the cabinet? I don’t see how they wouldn’t once you remove the wooden block and replace it with the thinner mounting bracket. PS - I will pull out that grate that is in the picture now if I am able without ripping out the metal inserts. [quoted image]

Hey HornerSyndrome - I just replied to your email. There are four #8-32 ¾” screws included in the cabinet speaker pack that should be used as the new screws. They are shorter and will not stick out the bottom of the cabinet. Please email or call if you need additional assistance. Thanks

#19015 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey HornerSyndrome - I just replied to your email. There are four #8-32 ¾” screws included in the cabinet speaker pack that should be used as the new screws. They are shorter and will not stick out the bottom of the cabinet. Please email or call if you need additional assistance. Thanks

Thanks Dan and pinside peps! Excited to try this out!

#19016 2 years ago

Thanks Dan and pinside peps! Excited to try this out!

Oh mine are sticking out. I guess what these are for. Lol I'll swap them out someday...

20220104_191417 (resized).jpg20220104_191417 (resized).jpg
#19017 2 years ago

Hey here's something I just learned. During a song I was playing Chinese democracy, toward the end of the song I had also completed a mode and so it was telling me to hit the center scoop. Which I did, then the countdown timer for me to choose to add another ball and light extra ball, or cash out, well I noticed it was also almost to the very end of the song as well. As I was waiting for the last second to make my decision contemplating what to do all the sudden the green skull animation came up and said applause jackpot.
So I guess while I let my ball sit in the center scoop the timers counting down if it happens to be when applause jackpot becomes available at the end of the song at the same time you can just get extra time sitting in the center scoop waiting for applause jackpot.. obviously you got to be pretty good at knowing when the end of the song is coming and the fact that the mode complete.. But anyway it worked out for me. Lol. Pretty sweet.

#19018 2 years ago

For those who installed the pinwoofer on a GNR - for the main 8” speaker it says to remove the metal grate bc it can rattle. Well mine is not only stapled down but there are metal screw holes (female) are threaded through it. How did you remove those or did you just install it with the metal grate left in? Help is very much appreciated!
[quoted image]

On a related note, my neighbor's 4-year-old boy was over here the other day and decided to play underneath the cabinet. He thought the subwoofer was a giant button and kicked it in. Fortunately I was able to use some duct tape to reform it mostly. However, I can't help thinking having that metal grate in there would have been a good idea.

#19019 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

On a related note, my neighbor's 4-year-old boy was over here the other day and decided to play underneath the cabinet. He thought the subwoofer was a giant button and kicked it in. Fortunately I was able to use some duct tape to reform it mostly. However, I can't help thinking having that metal grate in there would have been a good idea.

That's a bummer. No one but a 4-year-old would notice though and it won't affect the sound.

#19020 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Oh mine are sticking out. I guess what these are for. Lol I'll swap them out someday...[quoted image]

How could you level the game, lifting with your back, with those long bolts hanging out ?

#19021 2 years ago

Yeah if the machine was going on location i would have left it in. If i had little kids i would have swapped it out to the outside of the cabinet.

#19022 2 years ago

So I trusted the plethora of great feedback from on this forum to pull the trigger on the pinwoofer KO system and no surprise I am SUPER happy! Dan and all of you were great helping me out with my questions but overall really pretty easy install. Did the pinmonk fans at the same time. Game is somehow even better!

#19023 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hey here's something I just learned. During a song I was playing Chinese democracy, toward the end of the song I had also completed a mode and so it was telling me to hit the center scoop. Which I did, then the countdown timer for me to choose to add another ball and light extra ball, or cash out, well I noticed it was also almost to the very end of the song as well. As I was waiting for the last second to make my decision contemplating what to do all the sudden the green skull animation came up and said applause jackpot.
So I guess while I let my ball sit in the center scoop the timers counting down if it happens to be when applause jackpot becomes available at the end of the song at the same time you can just get extra time sitting in the center scoop waiting for applause jackpot.. obviously you got to be pretty good at knowing when the end of the song is coming and the fact that the mode complete.. But anyway it worked out for me. Lol. Pretty sweet.

Happens to me all the time with a few seconds to go before turning to a gold album and enabling the album mode. If I do manage to squeeze in I usually cash out just for the “loophole bonus” feel.

Sometimes, it goes the other way and I’m one second short of completion - then I’ll double flip and carry on.

#19024 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hey that's my job. Except the pre-release part.
LTG : )

You know i love you brother.

images_easyblog_images_11545_difference (resized).jpgimages_easyblog_images_11545_difference (resized).jpg

#19025 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You know i love you brother.

Yes. And I thank you for that.

Sad part is I knew it was coming when I made that post. Trying to be up beat and a supporter to the end.

#19026 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. And I thank you for that.
Sad part is I knew it was coming when I made that post. Trying to be up beat and a supporter to the end.

You’re a kind person Lloyd. We all appreciate you.

#19027 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I did not remove mine and have had no issues or rattles by leaving it in.

#19028 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have the Sven speaker kit installed on my game and every single time I hit the upper vuk the ball gets stuck between the diverter and the bottom of the amp piece
Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?
Here is what mine looks like

I just wanted to clarify that I replaced Lior's Backstage kit with Sven's. The problem you are experiencing is a major issue for Lior's design, but not Sven's. If you keep having this issue, you should contact Sven for a replacement as I have never had this issue with Sven's which is a far superior design to Lior's. I actually like Lior's amp a little better, but the frustration of the ball jamming as you pictured was just too much for me to tolerate anymore so a I switched to Sven's. Other than the look of the amp, Sven's kit is better in every way and is far more secure. It also allow the Xeno mounts to be installed for the PinStadium lights which Lior's does not.

Hope this helps all.

#19029 2 years ago

Question - Is anyone using Titan Super Shiny pinballs in their GNR and if so, are you having any issues with them becoming magnetized?

Thanks in advance. ~ J

#19030 2 years ago
Quoted from goofy1994:

Question - Is anyone using Titan Super Shiny pinballs in their GNR and if so, are you having any issues with them becoming magnetized?
Thanks in advance. ~ J

They work perfectly fine without issue.

#19031 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I know that one for the tour video but the other two are new for me. Anyone knows that easter egg code?

How do we access any of the videos Eric showed were in the game?

#19032 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Thank you!

#19033 2 years ago

I'm trying to replace the snubber block and it looks like only 1 company sells it for $3 a pop??? How can a replaceable piece of rubber that gets so much abuse only be sold by 1 company and they get it from JJP? https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/rubber-parts/snubber-block-rubber-bumper-blue-pad-for-guns-n-roses-scoop-on-jersey-jack-pinball-machine-25-1000007-00/

#19034 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Same

#19035 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I'm trying to replace the snubber block and it looks like only 1 company sells it for $3 a pop??? How can a replaceable piece of rubber that gets so much abuse only be sold by 1 company and they get it from JJP? https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/rubber-parts/snubber-block-rubber-bumper-blue-pad-for-guns-n-roses-scoop-on-jersey-jack-pinball-machine-25-1000007-00/

I bought 6 of them so I have plenty of spares.

#19036 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Wait until you see shipping...

#19037 2 years ago

My new pinwoofer settings. Gain at 3 o'clock
20220105_203539 (resized).jpg20220105_203539 (resized).jpg

#19038 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes. But:
- My flippers are both +2 from default
- Aligned to the metal ball guides
- Cooled with PinMonk fans

Interesting- Can’t backhand that ramp at all since I realigned the flippers to be flush to the guides. Admittedly haven’t got my flippers on +2 - mine are really strong on default. Might give it a go and see.

#19039 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Interesting- Can’t backhand that ramp at all since I realigned the flippers to be flush to the guides. Admittedly haven’t got my flippers on +2 - mine are really strong on default. Might give it a go and see.

Unless you have a problem , I don't know why people are changing them .
My mate came over and said your flippers don't look even , I said that's how it came . I backhand & forehand both ramps on standard power settings .

#19040 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes. But:
- My flippers are both +2 from default
- Aligned to the metal ball guides
- Cooled with PinMonk fans

So increased both flippers +2 and didn’t really help with backhanding either ramp, but definitely helped overall gameplay. Much faster and snappier. GC’d first game.

#19041 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:Unless you have a problem , I don't know why people are changing them .
My mate came over and said your flippers don't look even , I said that's how it came . I backhand & forehand both ramps on standard power settings .

It drives me crazy when flippers are not even. If it came like that someone didn’t do their job at JJP

#19042 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It drives me crazy when flippers are not even. If it came like that someone didn’t do their job at JJP

Probably same guy that applies the coin door sticker.

#19043 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Lol!
I had to carefully peel mine off and align it. Luckily the stickers thick and adhesive isn't so tacky that If you are careful it's easily removable without destroying the corners. Of course I did this right after unboxing it so the fact that it was freshly applied probably helps. But because of the coin box glossiness and paint I wouldn't be surprised if it never really sets. If yours is crooked it should be cleanly removable if you work it from each corner a little bit. Stickers very thick and not easily ruined.

#19044 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Lol you made me go check mine!!

#19045 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

How do we access any of the videos Eric showed were in the game?

check posts #18746 and #18747

#19046 2 years ago

#19047 2 years ago

Pinwoofers who have installed a ko amplifier on gnr, I have a question.
I’m stalling the kit and am stuck on the power board that goes on j110. My board looks different than PW’s video. I do not have the 2 pin connector that the white connector from the harness hooks into on the power board. If anyone else has run into this can you pls let me know what you did to go forward.
I know that PW (Dan) answers quickly but he must be busy at this time so looking for any help. Thks.

#19048 2 years ago

Dan has already helped me. As usual he is always on top of questions.
Thanks Dan!
For anyone else watching his video for install, he uses a different board now and the connector is on the underside.

#19049 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Dan has already helped me. As usual he is always on top of questions.
Thanks Dan!
For anyone else watching his video for install, he uses a different board now and the connector is on the underside.

Yep, valid point. The 2-pin header is on the underside of the board. We'll do our best to get the video updated in the future. Thanks for your patience, relax and enjoy! Dan

#19050 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam on the pop skirt fixed the issue 100% for me. I’ll probably look for something more permanent if the foam ever comes off, but I’ve been running with it for about a month. [quoted image]

I just got my game and I'm having this issue as well what exactly did you place at the bottom of the pop bumper? What is drop dead ball foam?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Solon, OH
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 28,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 571.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/381?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.