Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

561 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 3.
#114 3 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Wow. I am trying to remember if this was the Locomotive show or not?

LTG : )

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The real question we should be asking is “when does ltg get one?”.
Can’t have enough tech support.

Why thank you.

No idea. Very soon would be nice. So I can get my nose under the hood before any calls on it.

Shouldn't be anything major. Where's the leg bolts ? Back box key ? Loose connector ? It would still be nice to go look and be sure.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Any idea if you can buy the topper separately? Has this happened with other JJP titles?

For the CE ? No.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Do you have any info on the Coma lock?

Sorry, no. First I heard of it was today.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just went through all of the JJP GNR threads here and counted all those that indicated they are in for a CE......Total is 987497535.

That figure include distributors who ordered X amount of each of the three models ?

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

LTG, what brand/type of rubber does JJP use in their machines? Thanks!

I believe silicone starting with Dialed In.

Others may chime in if they've seen something different.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

it’s sad to see him tossed to the curb from his own company.

We don't know that he has. He's in NJ. And travel restrictions may be involved. For his health or get quarantined somewhere.

I'd love to see him part of the excitement. Attempting his patented Guarneri cartwheel. Promoting the game.

Hopefully he'll pop up somewhere in all of this. Even something streamed.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Look at the background at 1:16 in the video...Brand New POTC

Give it up. As far as I know never happening.

That game likely was a showroom model in NJ and was shipped to Chicago for the showroom there.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR in the House.

Congratulations ! Couldn't happen to a nicer Dave !

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

2. After a a couple days, the spinning record became wobbly. Just needed to tighten the screw under the PF.

If anyone has this screw fall out. Please be sure and find the washer and get that back on there too.

Disclaimer : Yelobird Thank you for the help on this one.

21252ee9cc041785355e6bbcec9ebdf53998cf53.jpeg (resized).jpg21252ee9cc041785355e6bbcec9ebdf53998cf53.jpeg (resized).jpg
#738 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Can't see it on JJP website

They've been busy. It should be up there soon.

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

With all due respect, why on earth would you think they didnt have a warranty?

When dealing with tech support. I've found many people aren't aware of it. Or don't read it or misunderstand it.

From any manufacturer, they are often surprised the warranty is parts not labor.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

New LE here had the spinning disc sink after about 10mins

Is adjustable under the playfield. Loosen big nut, screw it higher or lower. Retighten it.

LTG : (

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've seen and now read about this spinning disc issue, where it falls in, a number of times.

As a soon to be new owner, what should I do or check for to ensure this doesn't happen before I play it?

Shouldn't be a problem. Some of the first games there is a screw/washer below the playfield holding the spinning disc down. On some of the first games it came loose. Fixed in production.

Easy to check. Look at the parts diagram in the manual. You can download it from the website.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Mine recognizes the 1st 2 balls then not the third or fourth (or any after I think).

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - 3rd and 4th switch working ?

Then check for loose wires, if optos - are they still in place ?

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

These are the non mechanical sensors.

Thank you. Not having the game yet, I didn't know that.

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I figured. Happy to help until you get one in hand!

Don't know if or when that is happening.

I've got to stay out of the GNR threads. My help isn't much good, but I hate to have people wait for help if they don't have to.

#1240 3 years ago

I fear I might have to disassemble and lift that upper playfield.

If you have a broken wire or connection for both of them, you might have to.

#1252 3 years ago

It's on the website - https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ under Downloads - Under Guns and Roses.

A Delta update. Follow instructions that are there if you haven't set your game up for the wifi update thing yet.

A Delta update is easy and fast.

Enjoy.

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Any recommendations for the center scoop? I had the game a week. Use to go to the left flipper every time. Now it’s just sdtm every time.

Try going into Settings - Coils - make it a little stronger. See if that helps.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the guy makes shit up

You mean one of the JJP tech guys ?

Who has been at the factory and has a game ?

#1496 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never had this happen to date. Might tell us how you leveled game

Check the playfield itself in a couple spots. Be sure the game is level left to right first. Then at least a 6/12 degree pitch.

Make sure the playfield hangers that slip into the lockdown bar receiver are straight. And that the playfield is centered in the cabinet.

You might post a picture too. Others with a game can compare to theirs.

#1503 3 years ago

I don't have a game to check. Maybe someone else can help.

The drumstick should maybe be a little closer to the cabinet side.

Please put a tape measure next to yours and post distance here, so others can check.

#1505 3 years ago

Here’s a pic of the spacing on mine

Yours looks a little closer to the cabinet wall.

I wonder if the screws can be loosened and the two drumstick assembly moved to the right ?

CoolCatPinball check the screws carefully. If locknuts below them, it would be a bigger job to move them to the right.

I don't have a game to check for you. Sorry.

#1511 3 years ago

SUCCESS!! While checking the screws that secure the brackets to the playfield, I pulled and felt/heard a pop noise. Not a bad one. It seems the upper bracket that holds the drumsticks was bound up under a plastic which was pulling the sticks away from the cabinet wall. Once I freed the bracket, the ball now cannot rest against the wall. Hard to see, but heres a pic.

Excellent.

I just checked. And the three screws could be loosened or removed. According to page 103 in the manual. No nuts below. Not necessary now.

drums (resized).jpgdrums (resized).jpg
#1513 3 years ago

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone!

Glad you can now enjoy your game. And huge thank you for posting what you found to fix it !

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

First pinball! Hello Pinside!

Hello Back !

And welcome my friend !

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Are there any sound settings in JJP pins where you can tweak the speakers, such as equalizer settings, crossover frequencies etc?

I don't have a Guns & Roses to check. In other JJP games, there are audio settings in System Settings.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Not that I’m counting, but this might be the 30th time that Lloyd has casually dropped into Pinside conversation that he doesn’t have a GNR yet

Sorry about that. I do tech support for JJP. And try to help where I can. Right now with no game and only a partial manual. There are things I can't do or check. And by posting that people know I'm limited right now as far as posting, email, PM's, even stopping in my business.

And hopefully the person I'm trying to help. If they need more help then they have to turn to JJP for help.

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

If by casually you mean “with all the subtlety of a speeding train” I agree.

Sorry. Didn't mean to, and I won't in the future. It's tiring getting calls and other contacts, and there are things I can't take pictures of or check.

Quoted from Chambo:

Machine or not, you are still doing a brilliant job!

Thank you. For now I'll go back to the other JJP game threads and stay out of the G&R threads.

#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

So looks like for starters I need a new coil.

Check the transistor that drives it. It is likely bad.

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s normal on every game. The centering depends on how you choose to level your game. That’s why the brass ring is made to be pliable so after you level you bend it to center on the rod.

The brass ring can be moved by loosening the screws, or even moving one screw. The hanger can be bent or twisted too. To get the plumb bob centered.

You can even remove one wire from the hanger or ring and tape it off and tuck it into the nearby wires. The plumb bob tilt always comes up in error. In settings turn off the tech alert and credit dot. If you hit the enter diagnostic button, you still see any errors, including the plumb bob that isn't working, ignore that one.

#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust me, you do Not want to actually SEE #LTG lol.

Listen here Quasimodo, you once won an ugly dog contest because they had to allow two legged entries.

1 week later
#2155 3 years ago

Does your mini playfield flipper line up with the cut out for the mini flipper or is it off a little like mine???

You probably want to loosen the pawl a tiny bit and move it and retighten the pawl.

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

just got my game, are the flippers supposed to point up a little or should they be flish with the lane guides?

I like flush with the lane guides. Set them how you like. Play some games and see if you like how it plays where they are at.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

What incline do you guys recommend? 6.5?

I'd go with that. Then more or less as you experience the game play, set to your liking.

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Also this weird black matt was inside the cabinet. Oops.

Forgotten to be removed during manufacturing. Lays on playfield to protect it when things are being assembled.

Quoted from adamross:

Although flipper buttons literally just fell out, no screws to secure?

No sheet metal nuts laying inside the cabinet that holds them down ?

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No sheet metal nuts laying inside the cabinet that holds them down ?

They look like this.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pal-nut-metal.html

#2186 3 years ago

From post 2156

GNRFlipper (resized).jpgGNRFlipper (resized).jpg
#2191 3 years ago

Someone must have been having a rough day at work

Not always. The assembly line workers are most likely not pinball enthusiasts and are human and can miss a step. And a flipper button pawl nut would be easy to miss on final inspection with the leaf blade switches in the way and you can't see the pawl nut too good. And when the flipper button is first pushed in, it kind of sticks there.

adamross if your are missing the two screws and pawl nuts. Please send Pinballomatic a PM and he can fix you up.

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can we assume Mr #LTG finally got a game to provide service

You do have a sense of humor.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Or are you getting creative with recycled forum images?

This. I try to help anyway I can.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm going to start sending you questions on Random misc wiring and mechs Under the playfield! lol

I would.

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mine is even with the guide. Sorry, LTG only has the support images We provide him

Thank you, and everyone for their help.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Should be two nuts holding it on from the back.

The flipper base plate should have where these screw into threaded.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

i have the nuts, when I put it back there is just a lot of resistance when I move the flipper, like its not alinged properly.

See the picture. If these broke off of your flipper base plate. Get a new one. Trying to put nuts on there is part of your alignment problem.

DSC00376 (resized).JPGDSC00376 (resized).JPGDSC00377 (resized).JPGDSC00377 (resized).JPG
#2214 3 years ago

Coil stops don't screw on, not any ive ever seen.

2 allen head screws ( 5/32nds ) and one lock washer on each one, hold the coil stop to the flipper base plate.

Now you've seen one.

coilstop (resized).jpgcoilstop (resized).jpg
#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

solved it, my flipper bat was a little low so it was not aligned when the coil stop was fully screwed in, video helped! thanks

Excellent. If the threaded nuts were still fixed into the flipper base plate, that would have been my next suggestion if it was binding. Glad you figured it out.

I use a 10 inch long allen wrench to torque those in. ( with the lock washer if you found them )

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

the callouts lowering the music volume is annoying- any way to disable this?

There are settings you can adjust in Settings - System - scroll through them to Sound. Page 36 and 37 in the manual, which you can download from the website.

#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

This happened to my right upper flipper too. Lost all function within the game, luckily everything dropped into the cabinet and was easy to reinstall. You may want to check other parts on the bottom and properly tighten, as my bottom flippers were also loose.

Mostly check flipper coil stop allen head screws. On any manufacturer using already assembled flipper base plates with coil, bracket, coil stop, EOS and EOS bracket with a spring on it. JJP, CGC, and AP.

#2230 3 years ago

I misunderstood the question. I thought he meant the button on the coil stop came off, not the whole darn L bracket....lol. My bad.

They can break off.

Not a problem. You were trying to help. And that is always a good thing.

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks yelobird I'm not clear on how to reassemble the bolts below the disc, can you please take a look at this and compare to yours?

Looks like you have an extra brass piece on yours next to the screw. Check the manual, maybe it doesn't belong there or goes on top.

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg
#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

So far only issue is the lockdown bar is super tight to take off and put on,

The two brass screws on top of the lockdown bar receiver - you can turn them to loosen or tighten the lockdown bar.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Can anyone share their adjustments?

You might want to straighten the wire arm on your shooter lane switch.

shooterlane (resized).jpgshooterlane (resized).jpg
#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

ltg We have had balls stuck on the guitar pick spinners on our location GnR SE. Have any other operators expressed this issue?

I haven't heard any. Maybe a drop of oil or super lube on the spinner arms where they go into the holder.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

LTG can you guys put in a way to cancel a song start in case you want to increase song level?

Maybe reach out to pinball_keefer ?

#2676 3 years ago

But can someone here post a pic of their LE numbered plate on your machine so I can compare?

Did you try the screws where the yellow arrows point ?

98c74a26e1e65444bb9c94a76ac9e1da4211b749.jpeg (resized).jpg98c74a26e1e65444bb9c94a76ac9e1da4211b749.jpeg (resized).jpg
#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I think you can turn the power up on the flippers, i played it and was told it can be adjusted is this correct?

Settings - Coils - find it there.

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But, I wonder why JJP defaults their flippers so weak?

I've always suspected at the factory their power is a bit higher. Example 115AC instead of 110AC. So on the test line flippers are fine.

Which is why they made many of the coil powers adjustable.

Hard to plan for operators not setting them up right.

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

is it possible to transfer warranty on a new slightly used game? I just bought a low play SE yesterday which is maybe a month old, but the original owner registered it already.

No. Warranty is for the original purchaser only.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

do share please ha

In Settings - Game - scroll way down.

#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Do we report bugs in this forum or somewhere else?

Maybe send a PM to pinball_keefer

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What’s everyone’s favorite song/light show?

Favorite song Welcome to the Jungle favorite light show Live and Let Die

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

how do u access it?

Please go into Settings - System - scroll down a lot.

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

my spinning disc keeps dropping and needs the height adjusted again. any tips out there to keep it at playfield level long term or is it just the nature of the beast?

Is the kind of round plastic piece that secures it still there ? Usually crank that tight and that does it.

Page C-56 in the manual item #8

If you need the manual you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under Pirates

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

it just starts working itself out,

Maybe a dab of hot glue, finger nail polish, or paint, on the threads at the bottom, to stop it from unscrewing ?

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems (assumed...) like most manufacturers they are on a mega load to Europe and other countries container fill. In the US they can spit out 4-5 and ship but for overseas they tend to do large scale shipments. Just a guess..

No idea of what manufacturers do these days.

Prior to Williams closing. Manufacturers shipped over seas first. They would then arrive about the same time as ones in the USA with the delay in over sea shipping.

#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

maybe they've stopped all production

No.

#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I heard LTG Loved his GnR and is hoarding ALL of them for himself!! lol

Just hoarding mine all to myself.

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How do you know?

ESP. Extra Sharp Peepers.

That and pictures on Facebook of the assembly line.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Did they tell u something they haven't told their customers?

I'm not a customer.

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You have an AWESOME holiday Mr and don't just work all day!

You too my friend !

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Depends of what you mean by overseas?

Boat on ocean type stuff.

Quoted from Dr-pin:

Europe is closed pinball-wise, due to trade wars. Distributors doesnt even sell new games, unless old games in stock.

Hence my comment "no idea what manufacturers do these days". I was giving an example from years gone by.

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

2- tried everything under sun to do usb update for new code, followed instructions to a letter won’t take

Try a different USB stick. 8GB to 16GB.

Only thing available is for Full Install. Be sure you followed the full install instructions. Download unetbootin, download 1.08 ( if you used USA mirror, maybe try EU mirror. Open unetbootin, use that to load the update on your USB stick. Game turned off insert USB stick, turn game on. It runs itself, tells you when it's done. Turn game off. Remove the USB stick, turn the game back on.

You may have tried all this, I'm just trying to help.

#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Just did a code update, played a couple games and suddenly the main LCD is gone dark. Checked connections on screen, no dice.
Any suggestions ltg ? (LE version)

Unhook the data cable to the monitor and plug into another monitor. Then you'd know monitor or cable/data issue.

If data, you could try reloading a full install to see if it comes back.

#3189 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

So, how I am supposed to sleep tonight if the great, “when should a game go into your collection” issue remains unsolved?!?!

You aren't. While visions on GNR's dance in your head.

With apologies to Clement Clark Moore.

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

micro have changed their process and will have a hole underneath where the apron goes , and will screw in a post , to see if there is pooling .

Sounds like Williams when they had the insert under the apron for their scratch test to check the diamond plate.

#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I have to say I am pretty disappointed with the lack of communication from JJP on our GNR machine.

Please give Barry or Steve a call.

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

We are having a serious resetting issue on location

A few thoughts if you haven't tried. Unplug the camera and try it. Reseat the SSD cables both ends and be sure they are on tight. Try installing a fresh download of the operating system. If you tried that from the USA mirror, try the EU mirror. And put a meter on the power supply, see if power drops when it resets.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

even more frustrating as JJP still hasn’t gotten back to me

Please keep calling. Barry, Ken, or Steve.

#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I am having a frequent issue of after the knocker goes off my left tweeter speaker is going to complete static.

In the backbox first I'd turn the game off. And clean any RCA connectors for audio. Be sure they are in tight.

Quoted from daley:

How do I actually get access to the tweeter, since its in an enclosure at the top of the head, if I want to re-solder the wires?

Two screws hold it on. On either side of the name plate. Careful of wires if you remove it.

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Found a pair of wire cutters in the cab of my GnR. Didn’t someone else find tools in there cab?

I know an occasional signed poster was a bonus. I didn't know tools were too !

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The Spaghetti Incident?

I forgot to check the one in my game.

It's this.

GNR (resized).jpgGNR (resized).jpg
#3606 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone grab any merch today?

I am going to grab a banner when I'm open again.

#3652 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m just frustrated guys.

Heck I'm frustrated. Finally get the game. After doing tech support on a game for over a month that I haven't even touched yet. Hope it helps business in a crappy year. Two weeks after I get it I'm shut down again. Beautiful game sitting there and no one can play it until December 19th ( or later ).

1 week later
#3945 3 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

Found a nice souvenir from the assembly line workers.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’d send it back ... not sure if it’s like an auto shop, but often techs buy their own tools. Usually they are the higher end (SnapOn, Mac) and this time of year can be hard.

Yes. Please send it back. Doesn't look like a cheap shop tool. Looks like it belonged to a person.

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

If anyone wanted to see what the lighted pinball mods 3d hologram topper on a GNR looks like, here you go.

Wow. That is amazing. Thank you.

#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, belonged to a person vs say a robot? lol

No, I meant to a person, not owned by the company.

#3970 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

1. The rollover on the GNR inlane seems to be really high or perhaps a bit bent, balls sometimes get caught on it (like the photo attached).

Adjust it a little lower.

Or I had one on Willy Wonka that really stuck up. So I took a fiberboard spacer from an old leaf blade switch stack and put it between the switch bracket and the underside of the playfield. Worked great, no more stuck balls, and didn't have a negative effect on the switch action.

#4010 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

What’s the thoughts with JJP?

I'd have new ones handy in case they magnetize quick.

Quoted from bridgeman:

Either any particular protecters or cleaning?

I like to clean the easy to reach areas and give it a coat of wax and let it rip.

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Ball is getting hung up on the auto plunge often and multiple balls are getting stuck in there during multiballs. Thoughts? Seems like it should be an easy adjustment. Also had a small issue with my shooter rod not plunging the ball hard enough. Turns out the whole shooter rod assembly was loose and tightened the 3 screws that hold it on and now that is much better. Just need to figure out how to prevent these balls from getting stuck on the side of the auto plunge.

Plunger tip sticking out too far ? Ball hanging on side of shooter lane switch - is it too high ? Playfield hangers bent and not straight up and down and playfield isn't sitting in the cabinet quite right ?

What is the ball hanging on ?

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

1) How long does it usually take for JJP to offer the printed manual?

I don't think they are doing printed manuals anymore.

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are the manuals in full colour throughout? This is my first JJP and I always get the original manual for my games too

WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates, are. Willy Wonka and Guns & Roses only have the on line manual which you can download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under the game you seek.

Maybe put the download on a USB stick and take it somewhere and get it printed out and bound ?

#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Can someone please provide the exact measurements of the Box without the pallet?

57” x 29 3/4” - box is square and 57 inches high.

1 week later
#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

This is my first JJP game so I honestly don't know If they have a history of issues when you turn up the flipper power.

Any pinball machine has risk if you crank up flipper power. Break stuff, or early wear on flipper mechanism.

But you have to be able to make your shots. So strive towards making your shots but not sending the ball out the rear of the game.

Go into Settings - Coils - and increase the flipper strength for that flipper a little at a time. Get it to where you think it plays great. Stop there. Call it a day. Start playing and enjoying your game more.

#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I initially see a dialog box that says HDMI appear over top of the guns and roses logo...and then it goes to a BIOS screen showing running commands/files loading etc...then eventually the start game home screen appears. Normal?

Normal.

#4595 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

CE's on the line. they even tossed in an Eric.

Maybe he'll be one of the surprises people find in their game ?

#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

For tech support?

No. To help drink your beer.

#4643 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

What is this?

There is one on the WOZ too.

#4681 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

1. Can someone share a pic of the switch at the end of the inner loop.

Yours is bent up way too much.

Should be flatter. Check in Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Roll a ball back and forth through it. Adjust so it registers in both directions.

DSC00444 (resized).JPGDSC00444 (resized).JPG
#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The thread is being overrun by Cats!!! lol

catthing2 (resized).jpgcatthing2 (resized).jpg
#4817 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Am I missing a post here?

No.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Is this post atop the plastic correct? We had a broken rubber underneath but do not see how it attaches only around the two posts. It seems like this post attached to the top of the plastic should be underneath.

These pictures may help.

DSC00445 (resized).JPGDSC00445 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPG
#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

The left sling just goes off rapidly and at random.

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How about WiFi update?

Your game would be getting it from there.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a code update available? I am still on 1.08 and nothing appears when I check for a new update

Not yet. Posted recently 1.12 should be up soon.

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Define “soon”

Other JJP posted it. So no idea of an exact time frame.

#5217 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have 1.12 Lloyd!

Color me jealous.

Disclaimer : Don't know why I'm not testing it.

#5258 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just downloaded 1.12 for my LE.

Where did you download it from ? It's not on the website.

#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I just updated mine using wifi in the game.

Thank you. That's neat. I just updated mine.

#5292 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Could be a bad WiFi dongle. I swapped in another and it fixed the problem I was seeing (which was very much like this)

A couple other thoughts. Be sure the cable by the cash box is lugged into the motherboard. Or try plugging the dingle into a spare USB port on the motherboard.

#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

be interested to learn if your machines automatically updated,

You need to do it. Game turned on. Go into Utilities - find the update part and do what the screen says. Sit back and watch. The game does the rest.

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I downloaded the update and now I get 1,000 points every time I hit the flipper. I don't believe that happened before. What am I missing?

Update: it did it for two straight games and then stopped. Very odd.

If it starts again. Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed and bang on playfield. See whet switch registers on the screen, it's touching or too sensitive.

#5333 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Starting to get concerned...
It has been well over 30 mins since the download finished...

Worst case scenario. If it kills the game. On the website there is a full install of 1.12 you could start over with.

#5336 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

boot from a USB?

Full instructions are on the website to do a full install. Follow them carefully.

#5365 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

And how would I go about getting a new stickers for the center of the record?

Call Barry at JJP.

#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tech Question: I Need to raise my slash spin disk a hair. Is there an easy adjustment for that? Is it just tightening the screw underneath?

Loosen ( unscrew ) the big white disc with the knobs. Use the screw to raise or lower. Then retighten the disc with the knobs.

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I'm just backing it up with an unneeded drawing

Drawing helps. The more help the merrier !

1 week later
#5685 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Strange you mention it as we find it's one of the more difficult games to tilt.

Mine is impossible to tilt. Of course the tilt isn't hooked up. JJP games usually involve nudging. Customers know to not abuse and that they can nudge.

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

then shipping over to Israel so it should be here just in time for my birthday end of March. Good chance I’ll keep it wrapped for a couple days, til it’s birthday weekend time.

Have a great Birthday !

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

installing it now

Me too.

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My game has been stuck like this for about 15 minutes. Attract screen is working, but the bar hasn't moved in a long time. Should I restart?

The 1.13 is a full install. I'd wait it out. It is grinding through some large files.

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Lloyd any idea on time frame? Mine has been loading for 45 minutes and the bar has not moved.

Mine stuck too.

Quoted from fnosm:

To get an idea of what your machine is dealing with go to JJPs website and try to download the update.
My guess is that so many of us are pinging that server that it is probably running into bandwidth issues.

This ?

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

Mine took almost an hour to download and install.

It is a full install. 1.12 before was faster, a delta update.

#5799 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I thought full updates on JJP wiped everything.

They should save them. Won't save an image if you have one in there.

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I wonder if the game reboots automatically after the update and because the USB stick being plugged in, re-start over and over again with the update.

No, when it's done the screen will say to remove the USB stick and reboot the game.

#5820 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I started my update at noon. Its sitting on finishing update for the last 4.5 hours. Any ideas?

WiFi update ? If so try again.

It is a full install and can take a long time.

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Anyone point me in the direction to plug it in?

Left rear of cashbox. Unplug the blue tooth dongle from the cable. Plug it back in when you are done.

#5945 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

But the current code still says 1.07.

Have I missed an install step

If it says 1.07, then the update failed.

If doing WiFi follow what the screen says carefully.

I wonder if the game is trying to do the short 1.14 instead of the Full Install of 1.13 ? If so try the old fasioned way to do the 1.13 full install.

#5989 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

i'll have another look at it and pull it all to bits today. My eyes are not very good, plus i know little about these things.

Compare it to the other side.

#6024 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Is the part number in the manual ?
I don't know if this helps but this is what I found on my Hobbit .

Cabinet Parts.

Page C-3 in the Hobbit Manual :

18-0005-00 flipper leaf switch single
18-0005-01 flipper leaf switch double

Same thing in GNR

#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd be happy with switches that have proper contact pads instead of 'crappy spot welds'.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

These are for high power switches. So when you get them, the first time file them clean.

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks Lloyd, they look different, but they will fit?

They should. Williams style basics.

#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't even get it to boot up now.

Have you followed the Full Install instructions on the website carefully ? USB stick formatted to fat 32, nothing else on it. 8GB to 16GB. Download unpate, download unetbootin. Use untebootin to install the update on USB stick. Turn game off. Plug USB stick into the USB cable by the cash box. Turn game on. The game then loads it. When done the screen says update successful, remove USB stick. Reboot the game ( turn the game off, wait 10 seconds, turn game back on. )

In attract mode, open coin door. Hit the Enter diagnostic button, lower right corner of the screen has what version software is in your game.

Trying to do a delta update on a full install won't work. If you didn't install the update on the USB stick right, it won't work.

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe i did all that LLoyd.

If you downloaded it from the USA mirror, please try the EU mirror. Maybe you got a bad download.

Try a different USB stick if you can. The game might not like the one you used.

#6114 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have some new B/W switches and buttons coming for the flippers,

Maybe these pictures will help you adjust the leaf blades in your game ?

DSC00463 (resized).JPGDSC00463 (resized).JPGDSC00464 (resized).JPGDSC00464 (resized).JPG
#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

but the flippers just don't work every now and then and it makes the machine pretty much unplayable.

Normally I wouldn't advise this. But since you have new flipper leaf blade switches coming. I'd take a fine tooth file and clean the part of the leaf blade that touches each other.

Those leaf blades resemble the self cleaning type, where the contacts meet. Kind of a cross pattern. I had the ones on the left side of my Hobbit were just a pain, occasionally not work. I gave in and filed them. Both directions as the contact went. Has worked fine ever since.

Also be sure you have solid connections of the wiring from each coil along their path to the I/O board and the connector there is on tight.

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hi Guys can someone please tell me if this is the bill validator connector? (spare one in pic with blue wire, etc)

No.

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Cheers Lloyd, have you got a picture of which one it is please and wire colour/value?

I'd leave the bill validator harness alone.

The lights on the coin door are 12 volts. Tap into them for flipper button lights.

Or look online for a MEI 12 volt bill validator PDF manual, the pinout will be in there.

#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Another question Lloyd (or anyone else) if i may, is it the outside leaf or the one next to the button that operates the bottom flipper? Just so i know which one to concentrate on.

One closest to flipper button is for lowers. The one farthest away from the flipper button is for uppers.

#6184 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

I have to tap into 5v somewhere?

I wouldn't do that.

I'd get 12 volt LED strips off of Ebay and tap into coin door lights or spot lights.

#6252 3 years ago

I'd turn the game off. Put a meter on the tilt plum bob and ring. Then hold them together. See if it registers on the meter. Could need cleaning of the ring or plum bob.

Then check continuity of each wire from the tilt to the I/O board. Could be a break along the way.

#6345 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

so what would I use for my game in Australia?

Either one you want.

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Posted this in CE thread as well

Klipsch Topper Upgrade -
I updated the install process and since my original post, have moved all components to the backbox.
There was a huge reduction in hum and noise, and it really cleans up the look under the game
For anyone interested in this mod, all the detailed instructions and supplies can be found on my blog

https://thepinballloft.com/2021/02/27/killer-klipsch/

That looks amazing. I think I'll add it to my game here once things are rolling again post the virus crap.

#6430 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

If you need any help Lloyd, just PM me ...

Thank you. I bookmarked your blog. If I get that far and run into any problems I'll let you know.

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well it won’t save that setting. It keeps going back to all the changes I made manually. Why???

I'd try a factory reset and start over.

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Will it keep my high score and code update?

High score no code yes.

#6534 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

So, my left flipper was sticking, and I opened up my machine to find a wire just hanging there. Could some please let me know where this is supposed to attach? Thank you very much!

Nothing to do with your flipper sticking. That would be something to do if something wasn't working. Like flipping up.

It isn't used. See my picture. Mine is tied off. Yours is just covered. Tie it to the wire bundle if you like. Don't hook it to anything. It's just an extra unused wire.

DSC00471 (resized).JPGDSC00471 (resized).JPG
#6541 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I could use any help that I can get ...

Read your post in the other thread.

I suggested loose coil stop and someone posted Butch's video on flipper basics.

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

What can I do to get my game back again? Appreciate any help!!!!!

Do it the old fashioned way. Go to jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Guns & Roses - do a full install. Follow the instructions carefully.

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I got this when I turned my pin on. The tilt bob was easy but I'm not sure what to do about the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tilt bob hasn't tilted recently, so it gets flagged.

#59 - Tests - Switches - Matrixed - you can test it. #59 is straight up the shooter lane, a little past the upper right flipper. The leaf blades may need to be adjusted if they are pressed together. ( stuck closed )

To adjust them, it might be easier to turn the game off, lift the playfield up and lean back. Remove the two screws and lower the switch/target on the bracket to get at it.

#6654 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I did find this in the bottom of the cabinet on that side. Don’t see what it’s for.

Page 129 in the manual item #8 . It secures the spinning record so it doesn't creep up or down.

#6664 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Here's a soft launch of 1.17. it should fix the current problems.

Thank you Keith !

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Is this a full install?

Yes it is.

#6676 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I'm new to JJP code updates, does one code work for SE/LE/CE?

Yes. Follow directions on the website for Full Install for this one.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ - Go to Downloads - any of the games listed have instructions for a Full Install.

Follow carefully. USB stick 8GB to 16GB. Nothing else on it.

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Trying to troubleshoot why my usb isn’t booting and was wondering if anyone has an older full install version I could try.

Try a different brand USB stick.

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

IF anyone actually is running 1.17

I am. Used a USB stick when Keith first posted the link.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Stuck on this screen for 40 minutes. Can I turn it off and retry?

Yes. Though I'd do it the old fashioned USB stick way.

Quoted from Tdavis7965:

What is the work around?

Download from the website and install using a USB stick.

Quoted from eharan:

it happens real quick and goes straight to reboot.

Quoted from eharan:

but when I check, its still on 1.16. I have a feeling that many people think they updated but the update did not really install. Check your version and see if you are really on 1.17.

If not. Do it the old fashioned USB stick way.

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Think I’ll wait a couple more days before tackling this one.

No reason to wait if you've ever done a JJP USB stick Full Install. It worked for me.

#6782 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

can i buy the download...

http://www.lockwhenlit.com/ Rob Anthony ( Borygard on Pinside ) has sold them in the past. Check with him.

#6846 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Why would anybody want to keep High Scores that were not achieved on the code the game is currently running?!

You can't pick and choose. Some people may just want to save any adjustments to settings, pricing, coils, etc. That they changed.

#6861 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Pinside: Will I lose my Scores? I don’t want to lose my scores. How can I keep my high scores?! How can I put my scores back in?

Me: Why would you want scores from previous code versions?

LTG : It’s the SETTINGS they want to keep.

Me: I must have misunderstood!

Backing up settings saves scores. Backing up settings saves settings.

#6970 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Can anyone share inside the cabinet images please? I would like to see the rails where the playfield rides on.

Post 5670 in this thread has a couple pictures.

#7097 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

I looked through all. I will check again. Thanks!

Settings - Coils - 5th one down Shaker Strength

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If you are so inclined, here is an iso link: https://we.tl/t-O5LJgPQOD6

Prada appreciates your 1.19 update in her Guns and Roses pinball machine. Thank you Keith !

DSC00472 (resized).JPGDSC00472 (resized).JPG
#7309 3 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

How do you back up the scores?

USB stick with nothing else on it. Game turned on. Plug USB stick into the USB cable by the cash box. Go into Utilities - Settings Back Up - do what the screen says. Settings restore is right there to.

#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Can’t update wifi or usb.

Please try USB again. Start fresh. Download Full Install from US Mirror or EU Mirror ( try the one you didn't use before ). Use Unetbootin to install on your USB stick, try a different brand than your last attempt. 8GB to 16GB, with nothing else on it. Follow Full Install instructions carefully.

#7324 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Wow they sent you a machine with a version of the code that is known NOT to be upgradable via WiFi. Kinda messed up actually when you think about it.

Not if the game was boxed up before it was known or later updates available.

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Too bad u can't go back to an older version of the code via WiFi,

If you could do that. Then you'd be able to install the newer one.

#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

how can I keep my high scores..

Please go into Utiltiies - Settings Back up - saves everything except a custom image if you installed one. To put them back in go to Utilities - Settings Restore.

#7482 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

ok, is there any secrets to update.

Have you done a JJP Full Install before on any other JJP games ? Full Install instructions are on the website where the 1.19 is.

8GB to 16 GB USB stick. Download Unetbootin. Download Full Install 1.19. Use Unetbootin to put the 1.19 on the USB stick. Go to game with it turned off. Insert USB stick into USB cable by cashbox. Turn game on. Leave the game do it's thing. When finished do what the screen says. Remove USB stick, turn game off. Wat a bit. Turn game back on. Hit enter button once, look at lower right corner of the screen to see what is in the game.

Have you done all of this ? Do you know what parts you are having an issue with ?

Download takes time. Putting on USB stick takes time. Game installing it takes time. Any step going super fast for you ?

#7488 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If i do it already on and go to update via usb it will get through the recognition then when i hit start twice it goes super fast to the end and then sits there.

That method is for Delta Updates only.

#7493 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

should i try to do the 1.13 to 1.19 Delta?

I would. Follow instructions for it on the website.

#7496 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I plug my usb in the cord thats behind the coin box. THere is one on the wall. Do i try it in that one?

Yes.

#7498 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

should i try to do the 1.13 to 1.19 Delta?

Quoted from LTG:

I would. Follow instructions for it on the website.

Quoted from Happy81724:

try it as a full boot or delta update?

Try the Delta. Follow instructions on website carefully. Download Delta, put on USB stick like Delta instructions say, install in game like Delta instructions say.

#7512 2 years ago

Current high score on the one at my business.

DSC00473 (resized).JPGDSC00473 (resized).JPG
#7524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Should be 29", give or take a smidge. An owner with one on hand can verify, though.

28" and 13/16ths of an inch ( 29" is good enough )

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

May be leaving the club.

If you do. I hope you stay active in the club.

#7541 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

I am currently between GnR (LE) or an Avengers (Premium) and am hoping this group can provide a recommendation.

Well since you asked in a GNR thread. And I am the Jersey Jack Pinball Ambassador. Accept no other. You deserve, your wife deserves, the best there is. Guns and Roses it is. You'll be glad you did.

#7551 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I had to do a full delta upgrade direct to the motherboard. So turned it on and went to usb update, unplugged the cord pictured.

Delta you do with the game already turned on, by going into Utilities - USB Update - do what the screen says.

Full Install you do with the game turned off. Plug in USB stick - then turn game on.

Directions for both are on the website where you download the update.

#7643 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

My right flipper sticks all of the sudden and I can’t find any obvious reason why.

Besides zaphX excellent response. Be sure your flipper button leaf blades are making and breaking clean. Not that one is sticking closed.

#7676 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or is it a reflection that causes the effect?

This. And the fact that they are clear with a sticker.

#7708 2 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

keep getting a failed to update message...ugh.

Start over. Follow directions carefully. Try a different USB stick.

#7711 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

My flipper is stuck. How do I fix this???

This :

Quoted from NightTrain:

Take the glass off. Lift the playfield. See what's going on first. See what is binding.

I'd lift the playfield and see if return spring broke or coil stop is loose.

#7722 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Anyone have any ideas what I'm supposed to do?

Locate it - unstick it. Rubber ring around it may be too tight. Or leaf blade switch needs adjusting.

1 week later
#7930 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So what would happen if someone trucks from the other side?

Truck this side only is the bottom of the cabinet. Truck from the other sides and you are on either side of the head, or the front of the head and maybe lockdownbar.

Could be no damage. Could be a lot. Depends on the trucking.

#7931 2 years ago

Just very carefully cut a small hole in the side you suspect is the bottom of the machine. Verify that is indeed the bottom, and truck from that side.

Or small hole on the top. Only go in enough to pull up some cardboard for a look see. Don't poke a long sharp thing into the game.

#7970 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

any idea where the screw might be?

Check coil stops.

9860b6971f0ab25a5ebb978fb1ae9b9f6f8f1d40 (resized).jpeg9860b6971f0ab25a5ebb978fb1ae9b9f6f8f1d40 (resized).jpeg
#8052 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Any ideas how to get this done?!

Remove the cam.

Wrap a pliers around the nut, loosen and spin off. Or use a 7/8ths inch deep well socket to remove the nut.

#8056 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I was going to mention using the deep socket. Use that with a drill if you have to.

Way overkill. That nut will spin off easy.

Quoted from atg1469:

How exactly do you suggest I remove the cam when it’s behind the nut and the nut won’t come off?

See picture. Yellow arrow points to the "cam". Blue arrow points to phillips head screw. Remove the phillips head screw. Remove the cam. Slip socket over it.

If you hold a pliers flat to the door, and grip the nut, you don't need to remove the cam.

53db6e6033cb648caae3786087ce25072e8bdf8e (resized).jpeg53db6e6033cb648caae3786087ce25072e8bdf8e (resized).jpeg
#8058 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

For the life of me I can not get the nut to budge. Again, it seems like whatever kind of washer is behind it is keeping the nut in place. I do not have a well socket so any other suggestions?

Grow stronger arm.

See picture. See Dan's hand holding pliers. See Prada sniffing Dan's shoe. See red arrow. Grip nut, push pliers down in direction of red arrow. Which would be counterclockwise.

These spin off easy. The nut can only hold a tiny bit. To keep vibration from loosening the nut.

DSC00495 (resized).JPGDSC00495 (resized).JPG
#8061 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm used to having to use the drill on sterns.

I usually use a pliers.

Though I do like a 3/8ths inch drive deep well socket and handle to tighten the nut. I can get a better fell on tightening the nut as tight as possible, yet not strip the threads on the lock body.

DSC00496 (resized).JPGDSC00496 (resized).JPG
#8084 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Who did you order from if you don’t mind me asking?

See the name on the bag ?

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#8099 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I think they meant which distributor for the machine?

#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Theoretical question, what happens if I accidentally install the LE software on my SE via USB?

Won't work. Brick the game. Have to reload SE Full Install.

#8139 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

On the JJP site I only see a single download for 1.21. Is it the same code for all models? Or is that only for the LE?

It's the same for all models. Your dongle sorts out what is used.

And before anyone asks about swapping dongles to try other models settings or anything. Your dongle is keyed to your game. Serial number or something.

#8168 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

2nd I can’t find the back box keys

They should be hanging on the hook inside the coin door by the mech.

If not go over the inside of the game. They may have fallen off.

DSC00498 (resized).JPGDSC00498 (resized).JPG
#8174 2 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

The left guitar lock's coil overheated for sure.

Bad drive transistor ?

#8225 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m still on 1.19. Any reason to go to 1.21?

Read the change log - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/gnr_changelog.txt

#8231 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I might be late to the party here but I was staring at my GNRLE last night because it’s so magical and on the credits screen they give a special thanks at the end to LTG and I thought that was pretty cool. Maybe it doesn’t take too much to get me excited but I thought that was cool because he’s a Pinside fixture.

I'm at the end of the credits on every JJP game so far. Was doing tech support for 7 1/2 years and now am the official Jersey Jack Pinball ambassador.

#8298 2 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

Any thoughts on the others?

Adjust switches so they have less tension trapping the ball and letting it roll by and still work.

#8349 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That’s hilarious. Just dumped next to your door like a USB cable you ordered on Amazon.

If a porch pirate picks it up and runs with it. Let him have it.

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

width between the sides and depth front to bac

27 1/4" and 11 1/2"

#8379 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Can a simple piece of foam do the trick

Yes.

Quoted from fooflighter:

do I have to be extra careful when tightening the new one?

No. In 30 years I've only broken one, and it was the other end. I doubt you can. This was a freak failure.

#8382 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

.this is the best pinball experience I've had ever

Enjoy every second of it. You deserve it.

#8407 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

but my game is auto-launching every ball

I'd remove all the balls from the game and count them. Be sure there isn't one too many in it.

#8409 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

but my game is auto-launching every ball

Please be sure the shooter lane switch isn't stuck down.

#8425 2 years ago

Well look what the cat dragged in

Nice doggie too !

#8435 2 years ago

Try a USB delta install.

#8557 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballgas:

I installed the Pinwoofer GNR upgrade kit today,

Looks like fun.

#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

any idea where it goes?

Tightens up on the bottom of the spinning record to keep the spinning record moving up or down and not staying level with the playfield.

#8561 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tightens up on the bottom of the spinning record to keep the spinning record moving up or down and not staying level with the playfield.

Page 129 in the manual, item #8. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - under Support - under Downloads - under Guns and Roses.

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

any idea where it goes?

Red arrows point to it.

gnrbottom (resized).jpggnrbottom (resized).jpg
#8685 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Where are you guys getting Mylar sheets to just have on hand?

http://pinrestore.com/Supplies.html scroll down a bit.

Art supply stores.

Etc. Etc.

#8743 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I got a switch test result with 3 bad switches,

They are on the flipper mechs. Likely a broken wire at one of them killing others.

EOS - End Of Stroke switch.

#8745 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are on the flipper mechs.

Circled in yellow in this picture.

bec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpgbec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpg
#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

It sucks not knowing anything about pinball machines and owning one . . .

Not that bad.

You can learn.

Ask questions. Study. Get some basic knowledge on how to solder, use a meter. Things like that. Youtube is filled with short how to videos.

Only thing I ask is after you learn. In the future pass on what you know to help others. That my friend makes pinball great.

#8751 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Thanks. I see no issues with my switches when I lift the play field.

No black wire hanging loose by any of them ? Especially the upper playfield one ?

Then check connector J601-1 to be sure it is plugged onto the I/O board in the backbox. That is the longest board back there with all the fuses on it.

#8754 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Thanks. I reseated the connector, and the bad switches still come up.

Next you'd need a meter to check continuity of the wires from the EOS switches to J601. You have a broken wire somewhere.

Did you check the EOS wiring on the upper flipper ?

#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I was wondering what “LTG” stood for

Old video game initials from 1975 that got a life of their own.

#8760 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Although I don’t want to further break my expensive game, if it can be avoided

Understood. If you have a tech of knowledgeable friend to help you. Don't get in their way. But spectate and ask a few questions.

You'll be fine.

#8761 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

It does not.

Please try again. Tests - Switches - Dedicated - move each flipper bat back and forth. See if any, especially the upper playfield ones, register on the screen.

Thank you.

#8765 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Should this wire be connected? I wonder if this is the culprit . . .

This one circled in red ? Please let me know which flipper it is by and I'll let you know.

bca62f19d53f29f38ec06537a56c58b15385dab1 (resized).jpgbca62f19d53f29f38ec06537a56c58b15385dab1 (resized).jpg
#8768 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

This is for the upper flipper.

I'll get you a picture shortly. It probably is your issue. I just want to be sure where it goes.

#8771 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll get you a picture shortly.

Not sure if you can see it good. Two black wires to the top lug of the EOS switch.

DSC00504 (resized).JPGDSC00504 (resized).JPG
#8774 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I just have to solder back onto the top lug to fix it, correct?

Yes.

Quoted from lpgnr:

That should take care of the bad switch tests?

Yes. They will clear during game play or if you check them in tests after you solder the wire on.

#8775 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I just have to solder back onto the top lug to fix it, correct?

Since you might be new to this. Be sure your turn the game off to solder on the wire.

#8777 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely looks like a wire broke off where the green arrow is pointing.

Absolutely.

What I circled looked like a solder blob.

#8810 2 years ago

Funny enough a few years ago when I first came across LTG, I thought it was some pinball or real life abbreviation, like LMAO. So I googled and got the result LEARN TO GOOGLE. I thought That wasn’t a very nice way to help someone out here lol.

You aren't the first one to think that. Some even get very mad about it.

#8811 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

In the US Army = Lieutenant General !

You left out a lot. Lost The Game. Little Tiny Gonads. Loves Thai Girls. And my own personal favorite, Launch Those Geese !

#8816 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Launch Those Geese !

20 years ago.

Disclaimer : David Gersic coined the phrase.

Amug1 (resized).jpegAmug1 (resized).jpeg
#8841 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone know where I can find a diagram of the the rings including the sizes? I scoured the manual but could not locate it.

Not in the manual yet.

I'd check Titan's ring database for amount and sizes. https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5755

#8852 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Has anyone else had problems updating with wifi.

Depending what version is in your game, you may need to do a USB stick update.

#8897 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Couldn’t you guys just adjust the gap on the pop switch?

If the ball was resting on the skirt. Yes.

Stuck on the edge before going onto the skirt. No.

#8899 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

But even if they aren’t, pop switches gapped closer together might still prevent this. I’m assuming it’s happening from bouncing slowly off a pop that isn’t firing.

Not hitting the skirt right. Pop switches won't help here. A spring holds the skirt up on the pop bumper body.

#8906 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Happy to report that although i needed two layers of mylar, it now rarely sticks now and if it does comme to rest near the bumper it can now be nudged out.

That's the key for a rare odd spot. Something on the skirt for the ball to hit, or playfield by it a tiny bit higher so the ball rolls onto the skirt better.

#8926 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Have you tried a quick swipe of sand paper on both the top and bottom contacts on the switch?

Please don't sand low voltage contacts.

A piece of paper held between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out is enough.

And it's nothing to do with the pop bumper leaf blade switch. Where the ball rests it doesn't get to push the skirt.

#8989 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I just noticed the images from the camera on my game are all weird. The picture has gone to a pink color. Any idea what this could be or how to fix?

For a start I'd turn the game off. Reseat connector at camera and motherboard. Be sure they are on tight. If there is a video card on the motherboard, be sure it is on tight too.

#9017 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the pop bumper with high hat supposed to light up like the other two?

No.

#9079 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

But still cant see how to do the left without removing a bunch of stuff

Remove the locknut. Remove slingshot rubber ring. Gently lift wireform over the post locknut was on, just enough to squeeze the old rubber ring out and new one in.

Position new rubber ring on posts. Pull it around a bit to get even tension on all sides.

Replace locknut.

Done.

#9081 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok i didnt know that one long hex bolt thing would come off without hurting something. Thanks

Where in my post did I say to F with that.

Remove the old rubber ring over the slingshot plastic and hex post. Slip the new one over the hex post and the slingshot plastic.

#9084 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Still learning!

I know. That is why I tried to simplify it for you.

#9107 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn’t a wire tap needed or connector?

Check out post #9069

#9112 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Help would be appreciated

Game won't load, stuck in loop

All CPU fans, I/O board running, all LED's start then turn off

Please add that you hooked the Pinwoofer GT up and then it started doing this.

Without all the details, you'll get help that won't help.

#9120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

full game USB image for GNR

Full install of 1.21 is on the JJP website. I'd do that.

#9164 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

I checked inside the cabinet on left side by coin door. It shows a suspicious loose yellow wire. Any idea where this wire belongs??

It goes nowhere. Not used.

Quoted from Jdlana:

Could this be why my machine won't power/boot????

No. Call Barry.

#9220 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

if I buy a used GNR LE will the warranty transfer to me?

No. Warranty is in the manual. Who Is Entitled To The Warranty - The Original Owner.

Tech support will still assist you. Just not send replacements under warranty.

#9362 2 years ago

Not every WOZ.

#9364 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe that was limited to the initial ECLEs.

It was spotty. Not related to model. Some had it. Some didn't. Some had a sticker "reset button inside", and some didn't. And some people added them.

#9378 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

For those who have used a small iron to repair pooling before it cracks, which iron brand do you recommend? I’m a total noob at this and wouldn’t even know what to google other than “iron”

Contact Yelobird he had a kit at one time.

Quoted from Psw757:

Does JJP sell replacement record decals?

Contact Nate at JJP.

#9403 2 years ago

when should this greasy stuff be applied for maintenance?

When you first get the game. A tiny bit. Maybe once or twice a year after. Wipe clean don't let it build up.

I've found a drop of oil or bit of grease keeps the wire part of the spinner in the metal frame from scoring and eventually snapping off.

#9557 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Can someone please take a pic of this area for me?

Check the gallery pictures at the top of this thread. It's in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
561 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.