IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 562.
#19051 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I'm trying to replace the snubber block and it looks like only 1 company sells it for $3 a pop??? How can a replaceable piece of rubber that gets so much abuse only be sold by 1 company and they get it from JJP? https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/rubber-parts/snubber-block-rubber-bumper-blue-pad-for-guns-n-roses-scoop-on-jersey-jack-pinball-machine-25-1000007-00/

And they don't seem too post to Australia, any options for down under ?

#19052 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Probably same guy that applies the coin door sticker.

First thing a group of us noticed as I was unboxing the game. They apply it just like the Flex-Seal guy.

Quoted from DKong:

Honestly I'm strongly thinking of selling my GnR. A proprietary piece of rubber? I mean look at Rush. You got 16 songs with concert footage, etc.
ohsajdjv1aw51 (resized).jpgohsajdjv1aw51 (resized).jpg

#19053 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Honestly I'm strongly thinking of selling my GnR. A proprietary piece of rubber? I mean look at Rush. You got 16 songs with concert footage, etc.

You're just trying to poke the bear aren't you? Lol.
5 songs less.... And look, I'm the biggest Rush fan here and watching the YouTube promos, didn't look like there's competition for GnR there.. . A closer race might be Rush and GZ.

To play Rush, I use Spotify and to play GnR I use JJP.

That being said, I am really looking forward to playing Rush on location and see if I'm even a little wrong...

#19054 2 years ago

What switch registers Duff for collecting band members, im sending the ball to the bass ramp, but he is not registering as collected

#19055 2 years ago

If i wasn't on this forum i would never have heard oif rush. i still have not heard a single song the sung to my knowledge.

Quite happy as i am too.

#19056 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

What switch registers Duff for collecting band members, im sending the ball to the bass ramp, but he is not registering as collected

When you hit the hole for the bass ramp, is it quickly scoring and kicking the ball up to the bass ramp, or is it sitting in there for many seconds and starting a ball search?

Go into switch test and put a ball in there.

#19057 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

When you hit the hole for the bass ramp, is it quickly scoring and kicking the ball up to the bass ramp, or is it sitting in there for many seconds and starting a ball search?
Go into switch test and put a ball in there.

It's scoring it and kicking...I did the switch test and it worked. Then played a ball and it registered. Is there a time it doesn't register on purpose, like during a multiball?

#19058 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If i wasn't on this forum i would never have heard oif rush. i still have not heard a single song the sung to my knowledge.
Quite happy as i am too.

You must be from Australia... Which explains that.

#19059 2 years ago

How many times do you have to hit the bass ramp to qualify Duff.

#19060 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quite happy as i am too.

Omg!!! That is just...sad!! If you like prog, listen to 2112...it will kinda relate to never hearing rush

#19061 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

No, i must be from anywhere on earth except North America.

I don't know what prog is either.

Happy in my little aussie space, don't worry on my account.

You guys probably don't know Dave Warner, Ian Drury or The Sports. maybe you know the Angels, but prob's not the Radiators.

Sad goes both ways.

#19062 2 years ago

Dude, they sold out Wimbly stadium 2 nights in a row and it was, idk, 100k plus concert in Rio.

#19063 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You guys probably don't know Dave Warner, Ian Drury or The Sports. maybe you know the Angels, but prob's not the Radiators.
Sad goes both ways.

Americans don’t know who rush is either

#19064 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Quoted from Animal:

Dude, they sold out Wimbly stadium 2 nights in a row and it was, idk, 100k plus concert in Rio.

Nevertheless, first time i heard their name was here in the last year or two.

Listening to Skyhooks atm.

#19065 2 years ago

Going to be joining the club very soon. What are people buying to help with pooling on post? I see clear rubber washers on some and they look the best. Who sells them and what size?

#19066 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Going to be joining the club very soon. What are people buying to help with pooling on post? I see clear rubber washers on some and they look the best. Who sells them and what size?

Buy 2 of the pinballlife kits and install the plastics washers under all the posts.

#19067 2 years ago

I’m 40, I grew up in South Africa and love my ‘60’s and 70’s rock, pinball introduced me to the name RUSH too in the past year

#19068 2 years ago

Fantastic light show, great sound, nice art package, nice jukebox mode , filled with wank factor but forget what it was meant to be! a pinball machine and when it does it plays like a dog.
3 different machines now and someone ask3d me , GI or GNR . Gilligans all the way, NO CONTEST.
Most overhyped pin out there .

Aussie pub bands for the win. AC/DC is, was the tip of the talent ice berg.

#19069 2 years ago

Hook me up with what this guys rolling !

#19070 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Fantastic light show, great sound, nice art package, nice jukebox mode ,

blah, bullsh*t, blah, bullsh*t, wank, blah, bullsh*t, wank, blah, bulls*t, wank, blah, bullsh*t, wank, wank, blah, bullsh*t, wank.

Fixed it for you mate.

#19071 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

It's just a Square piece of rubber . When mine need replacing , I'll just look for something around the house . I bet if you cut a piece out of an old car tyre it would last forever .
And you don't even live in Australia
( I'm from Hobart )

#19072 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I believe you are wasting your time and money. July builds and after don’t seem to have these issues. At least mine doesn’t.

#19073 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I believe you are wasting your time and money. July builds and after don’t seem to have these issues. At least mine doesn’t.

Mine was built after July and so far so good , I'm not going to even install my scoop Cliffy after hearing about people having to replace theirs .

#19074 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I agree. You can buy some clear PETG washers to have on hand and just play it.... if you actually notice something developing you can address it then.

Quoted from screaminr:

Mine was built after July and so far so good , I'm not going to even install my scoop Cliffy after hearing about people having to replace theirs .

I've been thinking the same thing

#19075 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Funny. Totally agree. All these folks with their cliffys. Total downgrade from stock- looks wise, play wise, and even reliability wise IMO. Beveled edges on modern pins plus home environment is rock solid.

#19076 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Total downgrade from stock- looks wise, play wise, and even reliability wise IMO. Beveled edges on modern pins plus home environment is rock solid.

I prefer the look of cliffy's scoop protector over the stock one but if it's not practical , what's the point , and if the edge does get chipped up , I can always put the Cliffy to cover it down the road .

IMG_20210424_230145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230309 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230309 (resized).jpg
#19077 2 years ago

When you guys replace your servos in your LEFT spotlight, how do you route the wires through the back of the mech? I ask because I've had a wire break on my Y-Axis servo motor twice now. It's got to be getting snagged or cut on something.

Do any of you have any closeup photos of your LEFT spotlight which demonstrate how the wires are run? Or anybody who just happen to have their playfield open right now that could take a picture? That would be awesome.

#19078 2 years ago

The stock protector sucks. The wings will start lifting and disrupting ball flow. Plus the front is not protected and there is documented damage in this area. Not sure where the sudden worry is coming from regarding people having issues with the cliffy. I think only one guy had his break but he probably has 4,000 games played. Bottom line is cliffy makes a quality product and is an upgrade over stock every time on every game. Just need to make sure it is installed correctly

#19079 2 years ago

Not mine but here is an example of someone else’s damage. This would need to be filled and smoothed prior to installing a cliffy so the cliffy doesn’t dent into the chip over time and cause the ball to not roll smoothly over

F7AE7AAE-E4C8-43B3-BA11-11A1A973AB0E (resized).jpegF7AE7AAE-E4C8-43B3-BA11-11A1A973AB0E (resized).jpeg
#19080 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I specifically asked to get one that had it. I feel like it worked better though admittedly I just had to replace my cliffy even with adhesive.
The "tab" that holds it down broke, making it act like a spring. It prevented the scoop switch from activating.
I fortunately had a spare so I tore it down and swapped but I need to order a few more.

I think zaphX knows how to install a cliffy , and if his has broken and he feels as though he needs to order " a few more " , I'm not going to bother until I see some damage .
And the only chipping I have seen in front of the scoop was on early run games .
But I agree Cliffy makes a quality product .

#19081 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Fantastic light show, great sound, nice art package, nice jukebox mode , filled with wank factor but forget what it was meant to be! a pinball machine and when it does it plays like a dog.
3 different machines now and someone ask3d me , GI or GNR . Gilligans all the way, NO CONTEST.
Most overhyped pin out there .

You lost all credibility with:
Gilligan’s Island>GnR LOL!!!!

#19082 2 years ago

Anyone just put a little mylar in front of the scoop? Seems like an easier solution instead of a cliffy...

#19083 2 years ago

Just setup my machine, i noticed there is a plastic piece sticking up in front of the Playfield LCD, is this correct or should this be flush and it somehow got bent? (The red plastic, not the clear one)

GNR-Mini-LCD (resized).jpgGNR-Mini-LCD (resized).jpg

#19084 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Just setup my machine, i noticed there is a plastic piece sticking up in front of the Playfield LCD, is this correct or should this be flush and it somehow got bent? (The red plastic, not the clear one)
[quoted image]

Definitely should not be that way. It should be tucked behind the metal orbit ball guide.

#19085 2 years ago

Yeah that's right It looks like it should be moved down behind the metal gate/guide.
Looks like in your picture that rubber ring over the post is worked its way up and that plastic is sitting on the edge of the metal gate.. if you push the plastic down over and behind the gate more flush and snug the rubber ring on post to they plastic getting everything where it belongs everything will likely be normal again. It may just be as simple as moving the plastic back into place.

#19086 2 years ago

Thanks guys, got the plastic back behind the orbit guide and adjusted the rubber ring, i figured that was not correct like that but just wanted to validate before moving that piece etc... Thanks again!

#19087 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Buying off another pinhead. It has slight pooling in a few spots. Asking whats the best solution. Seems there is a few different routes I could do. Just looking for the best solution.

#19088 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Buying off another pinhead. It has slight pooling in a few spots. Asking whats the best solution. Seems there is a few different routes I could do. Just looking for the best solution.

loose posts and the band (or ball depending) physics look to be the culprit on pool and chipping. Tighten posts often.

Leave the pooling or iron it. Keep the posts tight or it will crack.

#19089 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Thanks guys, got the plastic back behind the orbit guide and adjusted the rubber ring, i figured that was not correct like that but just wanted to validate before moving that piece etc... Thanks again!

Perfect! You're welcome and enjoy. I just bought my GNR LE last night.

#19090 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Buy replacement playfields and enjoy the game.

#19091 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You can spend 600 on a playfield like some people, or If you want to fix the spots and enjoy the game there's info on ironing, PETG washers, etc in the key posts section at the top of every page.

Here's a link to one of those posts I was thinking of that might help
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#19092 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

When you guys replace your servos in your LEFT spotlight, how do you route the wires through the back of the mech? I ask because I've had a wire break on my Y-Axis servo motor twice now. It's got to be getting snagged or cut on something.
Do any of you have any closeup photos of your LEFT spotlight which demonstrate how the wires are run? Or anybody who just happen to have their playfield open right now that could take a picture? That would be awesome.

Maybe this helps you
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/185#post-6266468

#19093 2 years ago

You guys are the best exactly what I was looking for!

#19094 2 years ago

I am on my second cliffy, it is a quality product I just think the game in brutal on them.

0749156B-054D-4B44-B208-D615E50885FE (resized).jpeg0749156B-054D-4B44-B208-D615E50885FE (resized).jpeg4C7DFFC2-605F-471A-8061-C96DE6C6BCE5 (resized).jpeg4C7DFFC2-605F-471A-8061-C96DE6C6BCE5 (resized).jpeg90E6F5BB-5ED0-4D8D-BAF2-46AA7451577E (resized).jpeg90E6F5BB-5ED0-4D8D-BAF2-46AA7451577E (resized).jpegCCD65B52-AD75-4857-9E19-A51FCDF3AD6C (resized).jpegCCD65B52-AD75-4857-9E19-A51FCDF3AD6C (resized).jpeg
#19095 2 years ago

Anyone ever have a ball get stuck at the center spinner?

20220107_183552 (resized).jpg20220107_183552 (resized).jpg

#19096 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Anyone ever have a ball get stuck at the center spinner?
[quoted image]

Yep many times. There is a post somewhere in here describing how you can bend things to stop it. Don't recall what is needed.

#19097 2 years ago

Bumping the flipper strength up a bit has almost completely changed this game for me. 2nd game in a row GC’d since changing them. Before everything felt sluggish and “squishy”. Can’t believe I hadn’t played around with the setting before - have never had to on other JJP’s.

#19098 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The stock protector sucks. The wings will start lifting and disrupting ball flow. Plus the front is not protected and there is documented damage in this area. Not sure where the sudden worry is coming from regarding people having issues with the cliffy. I think only one guy had his break but he probably has 4,000 games played. Bottom line is cliffy makes a quality product and is an upgrade over stock every time on every game. Just need to make sure it is installed correctly

I feel like those wings are purposeful like little backboards promoting entry. Between the angled snubber rubber and the angled protector, all roads point to in.

But that’s just my dumb opinion.

My bigger question is for all of you crushing hundreds of millions, aside from playing better and hitting better shots, any setup tips to minimize cheap single ball drains? 6.7 between the flipper and my game is a drain monster. Slings almost guarantee outlane drain.

#19099 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Bumping the flipper strength up a bit has almost completely changed this game for me. 2nd game in a row GC’d since changing them. Before everything felt sluggish and “squishy”. Can’t believe I hadn’t played around with the setting before - have never had to on other JJP’s.

I didn’t get this far… trying this now! How many did you bump it up?

#19100 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I didn’t get this far… trying this now! How many did you bump it up?

Only +2 for each flipper - - as per zaphX recommendation previously.

Bumped the slings up a bit too - helps force the ball out a bit.

I’m by no means getting in the 100’s of millions, but definitely a huge improvement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/382 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.