IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Doing the same for my JP Premium and my GnR LE...
Just need them both to show up!!

Add pinnovators too if possible

1 month later
#4318 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Just got the text, my GNR LE is in!!! Going to pick it up in about an hour, SO pumped!!

Say hi to Jordan for me!

9 months later
#15564 2 years ago

I'm considering buying a used le. What is the consensus of when the playfields are relatively safe from chipping and pooling? Thx,,,

#15652 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Had my GNR about a month now and loving it! Had some of the same issues folks have posted about in forum or brief key posts but wanted to add a few photos and all in one place as I just did all of these fixes and they all immensely helped! Thanks team!
Right flipper alignment issue: as some others reported, my right flipper was tilted slightly up from factory and it felt hard to hit left ramp. To adjust, simply loosen the hex nut with a wrench or hex driver in small increments while holding the flipper. Once the flipper moves, adjust it to the preferred angle and hold it in place while you retighten. Be sure the tighten as much as possible. Before "B" and after "A" pics included as well as a photo with hex nut circled.
Center scoop SDTM issue: another user glpinball kindly posted his fix of adding a washer to the left screw holding the scoop down. This worked for me too! Luckily both left and right scoop screws can be accessed with a long Philips head from top of playfield carefully through guitar head. Magnetized screwdriver or magnetic wand may help with screws. Pic of screw to add washer under is circled.
Center scoop protector not level to playfield: was having issues with side shot never going into scoop. See in photo from factory the scoop protector was arched up on both sides, causing the issue. Used a piece of felt for protection and just pressed gently down with needlenose pliers. Don't go too hard so you don't dig into playfield.
Right ramp ball jam between left drumstick and gate: as another user PeterG posted, loosen the 2 screws on the gate, slide gate back a bit ensuring still in line with ramp exit. Also add a washer or 2 per glpinball under the back left post of right ramp (circled pic). This should end ball jam issue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love your flipper toppers. Where did you find these? Thx,

#15702 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks. I hadn't ventured back to that post since you edited it. White is better than nothing but I kind of wish I could find them in black...

I use the pinball life ones

Screenshot_20211003-203421_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211003-203421_Google (resized).jpg
#15786 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sold
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#15823 2 years ago

I dont care if it's built or born. I just recieved a message from distributor that mine will ship tomorrow or Monday. First jjp, cant wait!!!

#15854 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone just adding a subwoofer to this game? Just curious what you guys are using .
thx

I have a klipsch 12" , just waiting for games arrival

#15862 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boy, no kidding. I couldn't understand why people were so obsessed with improving the sound until I experienced how BAD it is with the stock hardware.

I've put pinwoofers in the games I know I'll keep long term. Any feedback on how they sound in gnr? Have not owned a jjp before so no idea how stock sounds.

#15874 2 years ago

Where did you get the frosted protectors? Any pics? Thx,,

Edit: found on mezel site

#15918 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

So been reading a lot about pinwoofer in this thread. I was never a believer in replacing speakers (going back to original (pinball pro?) days from a decade ago) and have added subwoofers since to every game I own from funhouse to ACDC and adding a sub completely transforms the sound experience.
For GnR, man the experience is very different. The sound is so shallow out of box which is so disappointing for a music themed game. Added a Polk sub and does add a little but for the first time ever I can definitely still hear it's lacking. Plugging in a set of headphones with the mic jack gets the sound you need.
Has JJP done something different with this game that it sounds so poor?
In any case, just ordered a pinwoofer yesterday to give that a try. Such a great game want to enjoy it to the full.

I've put pinwoofers in all the games I know I'll keep long-term and have never been disappointed. I'll be ordering a set for gnr once I get confirmation on the games shipping. Easy install and great service, I can't imagine owning this game without.

#15994 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Nope I actually like it, I'll post a video of the intro one sec.
HD is still processing:

My game is on the way so please excuse this question, but what is the big game that this is from? A wizard mode? Thx, looks great!!!

#16006 2 years ago

Just got my confirmation from classic game rooms, mine ships tmrw! Can they drive it straight thru to Washington? It's only 28 hours non stop

#16059 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Stick some fuzzy velcro under the end of the left ball return. It's invisible to the player and will keep the ball from skipping over the GNR lane switch.

Can we see a pic of this please?

#16109 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I’m getting balls stuck on the gate after the shooter lane a lot. Is it due to improper pitch?
[quoted image]

May need to raise the gate a bit too. Could of been over tightened or bent during assembly

#16195 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Reposting this for some of the newcomers - it explains the pre-song multiballs and goals, patches, and in-song goals/band frenzy.

Hey I'm one of those newcomers!! Well, if the shipper will pick it up and ship it. Been sitting at jjp for 2 days now waiting

#16207 2 years ago

Are the newer pins off the line still having servo issues? Should I get the emax coming?

#16216 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Mine was made in July and just had a servo failure.
Left spotlight goes left right but not up down.
Based on other owners experience I Stocked extra emax Servos and the pinball universe brackets as figured breakage will happen sooner than later.

What's the best place to get? I've found on ebay

#16255 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Also for people in there for the first time out put a rubber band around the spotlight. It will separate in two half and lens will pop out.

Can you show a pic of this? I'm not sure what you mean. Thx

#16296 2 years ago

4 days!!! How could you wait? Mine was delayed today due to an " incident " and I'm freaking out!! Hoping nx week now

#16314 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Hey, mine has been sitting for 4 months. Looks like today is day.

Ya. Reading some of your posts I already knew you were nutz

#16388 2 years ago

I just hope the " incident " didn't hurt my game!

Screenshot_20211016-134929_Outlook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211016-134929_Outlook (resized).jpg
#16435 2 years ago

Hey, it happens in the USA too

Screenshot_20211019-133456_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-133456_Photos (resized).jpg
#16436 2 years ago

You'll be finding pieces for months

#16443 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Okay so you guys got me wondering... Is it this common? Or is everybody just pulling out the one rare shared experience from years of owning pins?
If you buy new glass do you go back to JJP? What's the cost of something like that?
Inquiring minds want to know! Or at least I do.

No, mine slipped from 1 inch above carpet but landed on a corner.

#16460 2 years ago

You can on sterns, not sure on jjp

#16461 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link to someone who sells the under and back cabinet lights that hook directly to hot rails? Mezel sells a set, and it looks good, but thought you could buy a direct connection. Thx,,,

#16479 2 years ago

My game will be here nx week, so excuse my ignorance , what do you shoot to drop the diverter ?

#16531 2 years ago

Long night tonight,,,,,, my gnr is bein delivered tomorrow!! Doubt if I'll sleep

#16534 2 years ago

Pinwoofer, art blades, Mr tantrum flipper toppers already here , still cant find any plastic protectors I like. Any thing out there besides blue or clear?

#16537 2 years ago

Red would be nice for the LE & Purple for the CE but nobody is making those colors yet. I just got the clear

You said they were too small tho?

#16539 2 years ago

The original full set was. They make a 4 piece that is correct with overlap. Clear for LE looks sold out but the restock often. They have blue
https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=32805546360929

Saw those but idk. The blue doesn't seem to jell in my opinion. Maybe I need to see a better pic of them. Anyone?

#16553 2 years ago

Those look great. Wonder how much with shipping? How can I translate?

#16559 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

[quoted image]

Hey thx. I'm in ellensburg, finding more east siders all the time!

#16601 2 years ago

Waited all day, ups delivery scheduled between 9am and 5pm. At 6pm I called. It's sitting 30 miles from me, arrived there at 7:39 am and they didn't load or bother to notify me. I'll try to just pick up Monday myself, guess the anticipation has to last a few more days

#16605 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Bro that sucks, but especially sucks hard on a Friday! The whole wknd wasted.
Man I am sorry. Can you go get it tomorrow?

I called. Depo not open. And it's gonna rain all weekend, perfect excuse to play all day. I've been happier,

#16607 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear they dropped the ball. At least You’ll have it soon.

You'll get yours b4 me haha

#16725 2 years ago

Farmer style!! # 1776 showed today, bicentennial number is pretty cool. Sept build , no issues at all. What a great game!!

20211025_091303 (resized).jpg20211025_091303 (resized).jpg20211025_091315 (resized).jpg20211025_091315 (resized).jpg20211025_091316 (resized).jpg20211025_091316 (resized).jpg20211025_091325 (resized).jpg20211025_091325 (resized).jpg20211025_102508 (resized).jpg20211025_102508 (resized).jpg
#16727 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Congrats and awesome game room design! What's your serial number if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in Ellensburg

20211025_125914 (resized).jpg20211025_125914 (resized).jpg
#16728 2 years ago

Only complaint is audio sux, but pinwoofers will be here tmrw or Wednesday so I'll manage

#16733 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Congratulations first JJP?

Yes, first theme I've wanted from them. Other titles are fine, but limited space here so I have to be choosy. .

#16734 2 years ago

I registered game, how do I get on a list for a replacement playfield? Hoping I'll never need one but just to be safe,,,,

#16736 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Email or call Barry at JJP

Thank you!

#16742 2 years ago

One more question from the new guy , im at 6.8 ° at the flippers, what's optimal? And are you measuring at flips or mid field? Thx

#16760 2 years ago

Tilt graffix blades, pinwoofer tonight

20211026_122854 (resized).jpg20211026_122854 (resized).jpg20211026_122859 (resized).jpg20211026_122859 (resized).jpg20211026_122908 (resized).jpg20211026_122908 (resized).jpg20211026_122913 (resized).jpg20211026_122913 (resized).jpg20211026_123026 (resized).jpg20211026_123026 (resized).jpg
#16767 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I really like that man! He looks good there! I've been thinking of how to do something like that and I think you did a great job!

been wondering how these would look. I really like them on your machine. Now I'm considering getting them and once the Pinstadium CE's (finally) get here I think these might look really good! Thanks for posting pics of them!
What are your thoughts on the pinwoofer?

I've put them in 4 previously owned pins and just think it's the best mod you can do. And to be honest, the stock gnr audio is weak at best. GNR is pinwoofers #1 seller, so I can't even imagine how good this will sound. I know in Zepp, it picked up previously unheard sound effects, cant wait to hear it tonight!!

#16772 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I really like that man! He looks good there! I've been thinking of how to do something like that and I think you did a great job!

been wondering how these would look. I really like them on your machine. Now I'm considering getting them and once the Pinstadium CE's (finally) get here I think these might look really good! Thanks for posting pics of them!
What are your thoughts on the pinwoofer?

Pinwoofer on gnr is the best that I've put on any machine yet. There's so much bass lost in the stock setup. I can't believe still how great it sounds. Best mod you can make in my opinion .

#16775 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can you get the artblades installed without lifting out the whole playfield?
What's the best method?

Wife!!! Best help. Pull field as tight as you can to one side, wrap the blade around field so you can move it. We've gotten pretty good at it
Also, wipe down walls with alcohol first

#16805 2 years ago

Gettin stuck here quite a bit. Everything is tight, pitch is 6.75°, entry to ramp is high naturally cuz of rails, but that's by design. Any suggestions?

20211027_193224 (resized).jpg20211027_193224 (resized).jpg
#16810 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

how often does this happen? One in 5 games? 10? 20?
I had it happen once, but it hasn't happened since. If it happened more, I would investigate a fix.
Are your little ball guide stars turning freely? If they're sluggish they may be robbing too much momentum from the ball.

5 times in less than 20 games. Everything is fine feelin, msybe I need to steepen back up.

#16896 2 years ago

#16929 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Joining the club today - picking up my GNR LE in an hour from GAP. Gonna be a great day!

Congrats!! You're gonna love it. Out ta get me, with 6 balls locked is just incredible

#16957 2 years ago

On the right loop, I'm getting about 80% straight to out lane. Other than a good nudge, has anyone come up with a good fix? Thx,,,

#16978 2 years ago

Is there a rubber ring chart available, cant seem to find it in the manual. Looking for sling size , but full chart would be great

#17003 2 years ago

Yeah the JJP topper instructions are horrible. They are wrong in several places and the pics included are low res and dark, basically trash. I’m tempted to put a proper one online here and have it as a key post. That blue wire is tights on all machines and needs to be pulled up. The instructions show it conveniently located close to the top where it connects to the topper. Total BS, it’s nowhere close. I see the over the metal box wiring John Floyd did and it should be running up to the top. Also nowhere it tells you where to place the LED strip

Don't be tempted, do it. I'm on the fence on the topper, so any input helps. Also, is pinmonk working on an enhancement? Thought I read that,,,

#17023 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

it´s on page #151 (May21 manual), but many pinheads check/add the Titan Database list: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5755
Different from the standard (page #151), I installed the 2" rings for item #5 and 2 1/4" for the slingshots (item #6), because otherwise it is very tight

Thanks!!

#17037 2 years ago

Excuse the quality, but convince me. Is there a better callout in pinball?

#17040 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I’m not denying your assertion, but doesn’t Melissa tell me to quit pounding my pud and play on occasion? Maybe I just like it when ladies are rude to me.

Ya that's good too. I'm still in honeymoon phase

#17091 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

Ok thanks, found it. Had to do some extra clicking. That's not a very busy thread, I posted 5 days ago and am the last post. Can I ask questions about mechanical issues in this forum or is that frowned upon? Would hate to kicked off after I've donated my 5 bucks and all....

I answered in other thread. Had same issue

#17158 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Thanks Pinmonk for the suggestion. It is pretty snug and I even lowered more but still getting the rattle. I noticed the foam that came from factory seems to be a bit compressed and also cracked in a small portion.

The shaker in this pin is violent. I've tightened lock bar, put in vibration tape and turned shaker down and it still rattles like crazy. Are the arms adjustable on these like stern or pinball life shakers?

#17160 2 years ago

Thx, first thing I'll do tmrw

#17175 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Interesting, Mine is perfect during game play.
Only time it goes mental is during that crazy robot mode, forgot name 1/2 cut right now.
But man its perfect as soon as mode starts whole machine shakes like its gonna take off !
Its effin awesome !
Outside that shaker is really tame and perfectly integrated.
I have not adjust shaker or settings. was spot on out of the box.
Awesome work JJP coders !!!

On live and let die and the carnage mode you refer too, it's really bad. I'll move arms in today and try to balance out a bit. But if this is my only issue to worry about, I'm a happy guy..

#17194 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I added one of these PWM boards in my Star Trek for the same reason. Dialed it down to about 30%. This little thing is freaking awesome and so easy to install.
amazon.com link »

Ya, our star trek shaker was way too noisy, even at minimal usage. It was a pinball life one that came with the game

#17251 2 years ago

I just did pinwoofer too, if you need pics let me know. .I'll be home in 2 hours

#17497 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I am really liking the slash guitar add-on I made to cover the metal bracket on the shooting lane. I'm thinking of making a few more for other people who might like it as well. Pinside has helped me a lot and I'd like to make a few for people and just either give them away for free, or ask to cover the costs of materials/shipping (maybe like 20 bucks I think, but I think I'd make that optional too). I haven't worked this out in detail yet, but is there any interest before I make the investment and start figuring out if I could make this work?
[quoted image]

I'm in!!!

#17551 2 years ago

Shaker on ours is really violent even turned down in settings. Pulled cover to adjust them, but there is only 1 set screw position on the shaft, and shaft is so tiny I'm afraid if I drill opposite it will break. Also cannot move in closer to reduce. Any ideas?

#17559 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't want to move it in and out, you want to loosen the set screw and rotate the arm on the shaft so its relative position to the one on the opposite side changes. No drilling required.

Can't. It has one recess cut into shaft to hold set screw. It won't hold without a recess

#17561 2 years ago

Usually a shaft has a flat spot to secure into. This has 1 indent , and is a tiny shaft, so not really wanting to drill into. Right now, both weights hang straight down. Was wanting to offset by 180° to try and tame it down.

#17563 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, looking at it, this is really dumb implementation by JJP. The shaft should have had 4 (or ideally 8 ) flat surfaces on the 3/4" or so near the end of the shaft. Thinking it couldn't be this stupid, I took the back weight off to see if maybe that was the one that was supposed to be adjusted. Nope. Just the same.
I'm fine with the shaker in mine, but if I were going to adjust it, I would just grind a flat surface on the two sides and bottom and then use that for the set screw. JJP really should change this with their shaker motor supplier moving forward.
[quoted image]

Haha, you thought I was crazy, right? It's poor design, do you think 180 from ea other will be smoothest?

#17606 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Definitely would like to have but don’t have printer and can’t order $80 worth.
Hope someone makes them avail. Ball gets stuck there a lot.

A clear adhesive dot right next to the post will stop it too

#17616 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Guys! I checked with Agima2000 and he approved printing some of these free of charge for disty to PinSider's. So, I printed some overnight. They are printed with PLA so there's no guarantee they will be strong enough to last the lifetime of the playfield, but free is free and who knows.
I'll send a few to Vespula, but is there a volunteer to take these off my hands and give them out? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Hey Dan, I'll take one, 2 if you have an extra for a friend.

#17640 2 years ago

Seems like I have the glass off more than any other I've owned, for stuck balls and small adjustments. Part of the fun tho, for me anyways, and now that it's pretty dialed in, I'm really digging how it plays. Still trying to find the perfect pitch tho. Any solid recommendations?

#17656 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My mirror blades didn’t come with screws. Any recommendations?

My game is so tight, the art blades are up against the field. There's no way I could get mirrors in, which I think would look great. Test your fit before you drill any holes

#17664 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I think the best way to describe is more intense. There's three light strips in the pin stadiums. 1-works with GI, 2- works with flasher, 3 - Mirrors the hot rails. So for Live & Let Die, the red light rails are way more intense. It doesn't over brighten the playfield.

I have some of this tape, my concern is the added thickness. I know the blades will be tight as is. That's why I was curious about screw selection because I thought a screw head would be an issue. I will give the tape a go. I think the back hinge screw may hold them in place at the back. If that's the case the front would be much easier.

There's a few people that have them. I'm pretty tight on the sides as well but they should fit. I will definitely tape them up and see if I can raise and lower my playfield with them in . I have cabinet protectors so I'm not super concerned about damaging anything.

I have cabinet protectors too. When I put 1 in, I have to lift field 3" to get other one to slip by. Crazy tight here.

#17681 2 years ago

I just pushed the action button and got a happy bday wish to him !! Such cool ,easy innovation.

#17686 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those passive diverters are a little bit grabby when new. Put some super lube on them and work them back and forth until the ball stops hanging.

Or loosen them a turn

#17690 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Okay I'm too tired to post anything other than a picture.
Huge learning curve since I've never owned a pinball machine before. But I got a lot of the cosmetic mods done. I've got my fans and my pinwoofer yet to do on another day... Playfields gorgeous..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get them pinwoofers in tonight!!!!@

#17705 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Hey Everyone, I just posted an ad for a mod that I collaborated on. It's a set of 3 bullets that replaces those black vinyl caps for the ramp switches.
Check it out here:

Parts - For Sale

JJP GNR Bullet Set

New!

New “This is a 3D printed bullet mod for a Jersey Jack Guns n Roses. This mod will fit all versions of this machine!

The bullet was designed to replace the black vinyl cap that goes ov...”

10 hours ago

Walla Walla, WA

killborn

PS- I'm Joe Lowball on Scorbit and I am ready and willing to enter the challenge pit.

Very nice!

#17714 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Not gonna lie, I've considered doing that too. For some reason the Center Scoop is the strangest thing for me. If I I don't want it, I hit it non stop. But if I need it to collect an applause jackbot i always bang the ball 'off the goal post' without getting it in. Obviously thats my own short comings as a novice player though. I'm getting a little better though. Maybe.

It's called choking.. I know, I have same isdue

#17739 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Shhhh, apparently we're not allowed to discuss this. It bores the important people.

^^^^^^^

#17780 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Just got this sweet game. I’ve looked thru this thread a lot but have a couple of questions if someone could answer I’d be very appreciative.
1) my glass rattles even with the shaker motor set to low. Any suggestions?
2) occasionally at the start of a new ball when I hit the left flipper it also triggers the left ramp diverter to lower also - this is before the ball is even plunged.
3) my left spotlight seems to move a little “jittery” at times.
4) sometimes I heard a load buzzing noise like a coil being activating but I’m not pressing a flipper button and I don’t think it’s the axl magnet either.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions on any of this. Super stoked to get into this game!

My shaker is violent on low as well and unfortunately there is no way to adjust the weights as there is on a stern. And my glass is so tight there's no room for vibration tape. Its only real bad on live and let die and carnage, so I don't play the album modes and live and let die only on occasion.

#17799 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

You know what mod this game needs? A guitar pedal as the action button. It’s a rock pin and would be so much easier to hit the pyro by having a foot pedal as an action button. Saw someone do it in the Godzilla thread and would be cool for GnR. Surprised Slash being a guitarist didn’t think of this!

Ask pinmonk, he did it for gz

#17846 2 years ago

#17847 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I put this fix up a couple weeks ago... Didn't involve bending metal and you can do it in literally 5 minutes and remove it if you don't like the results.
It's a key post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331#post-6560130

Thanks!!

#17872 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Of course. I'm just trying to point you towards the easy, foolproof way. You had some bad information about that process that was completely wrong and I wanted to make sure it didn't mislead anyone else who read it and took it at face value.

My wife and I have gotten pretty good at installing them, no issues on maybe 10 sets. But I'm gonna try wet blades next time. BTW, thx for the quick shipping on my order. Hope its here Saturday, tired of the airball drain on the left side .

#17878 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes you get lucky. Your timing was good because I am almost caught up on orders/OOS/backorders for once. I think I only have four more orders and I'm completely caught up, something that hasn't happened all year. I wanted to get to this point before I released the GnR diverter and magnet coolers that are ready to go, so those are finally about to see the light of day.
Thanks for the support! That airball shield idea cybevenom came up with that I took over and refined to sell has been a lifesaver for me and others. Sometimes the ball has so much momentum and spin that it seems to levitate against the shield. It's really weird to catch that out of the corner of your eye in a busy multiball.

Mostly it just angers me it's bad enough to lose a ball but when it happens like this it's more than frustrating. Such a fun, unique ,difficult game, unlike any we've owned so far.

#17891 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stuck ball at pops is very common. I used some drop dead ball foam on the pops skirt to prevent. Others have used other similar methods.
The wire form stuck ball on bass ramp seems to be coming up more often lately, maybe a mess up on the line?
Congrats on the game!

I had to remove ramp and bend down inner two fingers. No probs since

#17920 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have new patch strategy in the works. More to come, hint: no Vader or Duff skull

When when?

#17921 2 years ago

I usually go fender, duff, vator, gun, thunder if possible

#17954 2 years ago

Thanks to pinmonk and killborn for the quick shipping on their mods. The pinmonk plaque bracket really accentuates well, and the airball protector really works. Killborns bullets look like they should of been from factory .

20211126_195020 (resized).jpg20211126_195020 (resized).jpg20211126_195027 (resized).jpg20211126_195027 (resized).jpg20211126_195743 (resized).jpg20211126_195743 (resized).jpg20211126_195747 (resized).jpg20211126_195747 (resized).jpg20211126_195755 (resized).jpg20211126_195755 (resized).jpg

#17956 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad you liked the stuff. Thanks, as always, for the support!
That airball shield pic you did of your install is really good for showing it off. Do you mind if I put that on the product page?

Sure

#17987 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t understand this.
I just screwed it in using the screw that came with the new servo.
I don’t understand the problem.

Hes talking about gear ratio, not the screw holding servo on I believe

#18012 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Or I think this is the file to print the part yourself if you have access to 3d printer or someone with one...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563#Summary
I'm happy to do another group buy on the kits from pu-parts in Germany if enough interest. Would need 6 people to commit to keep it at $110 and takes about 12 days after we have the slots full for me to receive them. I ship immediately. USA only.

Do you have file for pop bumper piece?

#18016 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just saw this custom topper. It's pretty sweet![quoted image]

I'm on his list for next run

#18018 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very similar to what I'm doing, except I'm doing just 3 custom boards (top and two sides) mounted in a bracket. Is that animated?

Although I'm still waiting to see yours before I pay

#18022 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It might be a while. Custom boards take time. But if this one covers the same functionality just not as cleanly, I may just stop. No sense duplicating efforts. Where is this one?

Facebook

#18027 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it looks like he has the topper shifted off the LED strip at the bottom so the light's not getting all they way up.

Are your lights going to be different or similar?

#18029 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. The clear tape mounting kind of sucks, and if he went to the trouble of making custom boards, why is he using way-too-big ribbon connectors between those boards? They have stubby ones that wouldn't look awful.
But what he's got is about 80% of what I was working on, so no real need to keep going on mine since his is here. How much is he charging?

$99

#18033 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With more play time now, there is DEFINITELY something that can happen to TAKE AWAY progress on G-N-R lighting progression. I had one last night where I had G-N lit and just had to get R, the ball went over the amp inlane next to GNR and suddenly I had ZERO lit GNR on the patch I was going for. I couldn't believe it. I stopped the ball and cycled through to verify none lit at all, and there weren't. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature and I don't understand the rules enough yet, but do not like.

Noticed that too, thinkin it might have to do with where letter is spotted in flipper lanes. Not sure tho. But, later, I notice I get duff and vator with 1 shot each .

#18058 2 years ago

My headphones sound terrible, have a very nice over the ear pair and a good set of ear buds, running direct, not via Bluetooth. Are people happy with their sound or any ideas on how to improve? Low volume, lots of static.

#18083 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Thanks all. The screw does tighten but it doesn’t solve the problem. Check and everything level everywhere. The diverter is flat (parallel to playfield). Will try the flip suggestions.

Can you tighten to the point the diverter won't turn? If not, add a washer or two under it. If the screw is bottoming out and the diverter is still loose, this should solve the problem.

#18182 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The power rocker switch under the right corner is the correct way to shut the machine off. If you use a power strip/surge protector, you risk having to jumpstart the motherboard to get it going again.
You can turn down or off the shaker motor on the system menu under settings->coils.
Just follow the connector wires for the left hotrail under the playfield and make sure it's securely plugged in.

I've always unplugged my games from a surge protector as the way to shut off. If this is wrong, great to know. So what exactly is wrong with this? Thanks for any info,,,,

#18209 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Okay two things,
1. I can't find a deep socket that's deep enough to slip over the post in front of the back stage to remove it. I've ordered two different sockets and they're all tapered inside and don't let the post go all the way in it. Does anyone have a link to a kit on Amazon that has deep sockets that will fit over these posts completely??
2. I updated the beta code for the first time, and now after every game I get this little message in the bottom left it says calibrating sensors. Is this normal?

Don't tap up from bottom. Can you get.a small wrench on bottom of post? It will be slow but once off field surface you can go a bit faster.

#18226 2 years ago

CD

#18246 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just an update to my Mylar buckling around that backstage post.
Had a little bit of a time removing because of the Tnut was spinning.
Once I got it out I tapped in one of these that somebody recommended below..
Warmed up the Mylar with hairdryer and smoothed it out a few times. Turned out nice.
Then PETG washer and tightened.
You'd never know it was ever buckling!
Game on! [quoted image][quoted image]

What are the other problem posts? Can you snap a few pics of them? Thx, ,

#18282 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So finally got some time on gnrle over the weekend at Pincinnati, and have a few questions before pulling "ahem" the "trigger"...
1. Can you adjust how many balls are in each multiball?
2. For those that have a recent build...are you seeing any pf issues? Are the rubbers still junk? Are washers preinstalled?
3. Are all the nib games coming with inner art blades (not installed tho)?
4. Do you still love your gnr or is it kinda meh after a while?
Thx for any opinions and hope to be rockn with you soon!

Mine is sept build. In response to your questions, you cant turn down the number of multiballs, but you can increase the difficulty in getting them.. no issues on field. Yes rubbers are still junk , at least on flippers and slings, yes washers installed. Art blades do not come with game, and mine is here for the long haul . Play it 10 to 1 over gz le.

#18303 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put a washer on the left side underneath the scoop mounting. Sends it to the left flipper every time just by tilting the scoop assembly that tiny amount. First change anyone should make.

Just did this and works great, best 5 minute fix yet.

20211208_093806 (resized).jpg20211208_093806 (resized).jpg20211208_093812 (resized).jpg20211208_093812 (resized).jpg20211208_093822 (resized).jpg20211208_093822 (resized).jpg20211208_094138 (resized).jpg20211208_094138 (resized).jpg

#18341 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The ball should be directed to the middle of the flipper. Your hood is likely off. Use a nut driver and loosen the 2 screws behind the hood and turn it to the left. Tighten back up and you should be good. No need to remove upper playfield. It’s easier with a nut driver than a screwdriver

I've done that 3 times in 350 plays and it keeps loosening up and shifting back. Funny how some games have no issues here, a friends game has not been touched and works perfect. Whoever came up with the washer idea deserves all the credit, seems to be the correct solution. With a small telescoping magnet to hold the washer in place, it's really less than 5 minutes to do.

#18359 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

So far so good! As long as it works and looks pretty decent, I’m gonna play it. What am I, a museum?!

Thx for the heads up, my sept build has a tiny wrinkle, gonna fix this afternoon ..

#18366 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Another great one I heard my buddy get on his 2nd tilt that ended his game: “I hope you f_ck better than you play.” I thought that was awesome.

I had a crap game and slash said you don't have to go home, but you gotta get the f##ck outta here. Great work on the callouts, I laugh every time I play

#18370 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Right there too. Noticed it last night too. Same post. [quoted image]

Biggest problem is they put on a ring at least a1/2" too small. I went up to 1/2 bigger ,a washer and longer post.

#18378 2 years ago

Buddy printed these for me.

20211210_192840 (resized).jpg20211210_192840 (resized).jpg20211210_192846 (resized).jpg20211210_192846 (resized).jpg
#18380 2 years ago

Not glow, but the tanks he made for godzilla are painted with fluorescent, looks cool under the black light

20211210_195927 (resized).jpg20211210_195927 (resized).jpg20211210_195934 (resized).jpg20211210_195934 (resized).jpg20211210_195950 (resized).jpg20211210_195950 (resized).jpg20211210_200104 (resized).jpg20211210_200104 (resized).jpg
#18390 2 years ago

#18404 2 years ago

Friend sent me 3 pics of more issues on field, sept 2021 build. I'm not home to check but he said ever post that had a rubber and no washer is affected

IMG_7298 (resized).jpgIMG_7298 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0(1) (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0(1) (resized).jpg
#18405 2 years ago

#18420 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sorry, couldn't resist, mate
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bef1149702e11fd03aac6bee6b7c3d956ed8e0d5-1639337027-1800"};
//]]>

There, evened out

#18436 2 years ago

#18501 2 years ago

I put the tilt graphic art blades on and really like the looks. Was leaning towards mirrors, but no way will they fit here. With the art installed, I can only get 1 protector in and have to lift about 2 " to get other in. Very tight, for no reason!!

#18507 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, as others have said, put a thin wrench or thin needlenose plier tip under the plastic to hold the top of the post from turning while you remove the nut on top. It's much easier putting it back together with the shield on than taking it apart.

While you're at it, put washers under each post and a larger ring. Pooling issues starting to show there. Ring is 1/2" too small from factory, My upper post was leaning back slightly

#18510 2 years ago

SEDY 22-Piece Mini Combination Wrench Set, Metric & SAE Ignition Wrench Set, 4-11mm & 5/32'' to 7/16'', Midget Small Wrench Set with Zipper Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TW7QY43/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_X8NSDKEEAB232683CC4W

#18514 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Tried to go back a couple dozen pages here to get a sense, but couldn't find much.
Has JJP meaningfully made any improvements in recent builds to mitigate some of the issues? I'm up on the preorder list for a machine next month and wanted to see what kind of situation I'll be dealing with.
Additionally, are there any tweaks or adjustments that need to be done ( washers on posts etc ) or any must have mods to make this play properly?
Thanks!

Replace the flipper rubbers and any rubber stretched between 2 or 3 posts, and put washers under those same posts. Great game, enjoy!

#18518 2 years ago

Ignition wrenches are very slim, maybe 1/16" thick

#18565 2 years ago

Never too loud!!

#18567 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I get the owner of the weight lifting gym next door coming in complaining sometimes when i'm playing GnR.

Tell him to mind his business. Unless he's jacked up huge on roids!

#18628 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Thanks guys ref the JJP GnR official art blades.
Like an idiot, I’ve badly ripped the left side blade during install when I lifted the playfield.
It’s quite bad. I guess there no way I can purchase the left blade (as you look at the pin) direct from JJP or somewhere?
Nightmare……

Can you remove and cut out the damaged piece? Might not be the best but will be better than nothing

#18668 2 years ago

I had a 6 ball power chord tonight for 7.8 mill. Why so high? Highest I've seen before while playing was 2.1 mill. What's the secret?

#18679 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

During a song, if you get the ball in duff’s hole on the mini pf, it’ll bump the power chord multiplier. You can see what the multiplier is in the top left part of the screen along with the powerchord value.

Thank you!!

#18721 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Someone said these might be available at Titan. Does anyone know for sure. I could not find them on their site.

Pinball life has a bunch of options, but listed as stern parts. Wonder if they are compatible?

#18764 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I did remove the upper pf to add post washers, but I was careful to make sure the wire form rails where seated correctly when I reinstalled the pf. Even from day one (before I removed the pf) the ball would just barely make it up onto the rails and I was concerned about the ball getting stuck. It's happened maybe a half dozen times over the past couple months, but still annoying. Otherwise playing rock solid! Super fun!

Had to bend down the middle two fingers of upper field on mine. If you take it out and set on a table you'll see

#18765 2 years ago

Meant to say, I pulled ramp off and the middle 2 fingers on upper end of ramp were high.

#18821 2 years ago

Pulled the upper field off today to change out the 2 rubbers below it, found a bit of pooling around the uppermost post, because it's so tight it's pulling the post back. Why is jjp putting on rubbers 2 sizes small ? I went up 1/2" on both and they are still tight and added washers.

#18835 2 years ago

Great job! Super fun game. Just keeps getting deeper and always something more to try and achieve. I can’t think of a pin that gets your heart thumping when a big applause jackpot is ready.

Especially when it's a huge jackpot and the ball is stuck in the pops!

#18866 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems like the issue is substantially reduced or solved from about Sept'21 builds onward from what I see here. MUCH less chatter and pictures about playfield issues from then onward. That said, I still emailed Barry at JJP and signed up for my $500 "insurance" playfield when they end the run later in 2022. Not taking any chances...

I removed the right ramp today to replace the rubber rings with larger ones and put on washers . Found 2 spots of minor pooling, no pics, but its still there. No idea why jjp is using such tight rings when there is no reason to. I did get on list for new fields as well. Sept 2021 build

#18945 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys i had a rubber break off. Does anyone have a rubber list for GNR LE. Also in the meantime i have a slightly bigger rubber i can use for the meantime. My next question is does the whole guitar neck have to come off to be able to put the rubber on?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ya, top field has to come off and go with bigger rings. No reason for the tight ones jjp installed. Do both while you have it off.

#18963 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Is the pinwoofer kit worth it...played stock game on location and sounded pretty good out of the box.

YES!! Takes game to another level, well worth the money, relatively cheap for a mod of this caliber

#18992 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

BUT… is it better than a better than an above average external sub??? I’m not so sure. I would stack my setup against pinwoofer. Yes my tweeters aren’t probably as resolving but my bass is sooooooooo tight and the overall effect is very high end and balanced…

I run pinwoofer and klipsch or polk subs on on my games I think I'll keep. Never disappointed. People who say they are not needed have never owned ,

#19009 2 years ago

I removed the staples and just pulled the grate out ,it's not really secured in by the inserts. On mine anyways.

#19020 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Oh mine are sticking out. I guess what these are for. Lol I'll swap them out someday...[quoted image]

How could you level the game, lifting with your back, with those long bolts hanging out ?

#19132 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone not able to use mirror blades on their gnr?

I used tilt graphics art. And still so tight I can't get playfield protectors in while it's in resting position. No way mirrors would of fit in mine. Ridiculously tight .

#19147 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I picked up my GNRLE yesterday after a long wait and it is well worth it! This game rocks in a home environment. I installed the Pinwoofer system this morning which made it sound even better. Now I need to figure out all of the strategies on how to play it.
The playfield on mine looks great out of the box and it plays well too. I'm sure I'll need to do a few tweaks but I'm overall happy with how the game currently plays.
I did notice one spot where the ball gets stuck on the left tine of the bass wireform. I did a search and saw others here with a similar issue but haven't found a solution yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to remove the wireform and bend down the 2 middle fingers. It's sitting too high, as was mine. No issues since 2nd day now, 400 + plays. Set it on a flat surface to confirm , but pretty sure this is the cause.

#19155 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I have seen these and like them. Have not bit the bullet yet tho.
See what I did there

I put on 3 and really like the look

#19238 2 years ago

I played out ta get me tonight, using my peripheral vision to flip so I could watch the monitor. Didn't finish obviously, but actually scored decent , so I agree, if you try too hard, scoring seems like work. Still enjoying gnr more than the gz next to it.

#19252 2 years ago

My right flipper has been mushy feeling since day 1, not bad but not strong. I put stiffer springs on both today and huge difference. Very snappy now, had to turn back down to factory settings

#19257 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think you are mistaken.
Stiffer springs would make it snap back to idle faster, but require additional energy to deploy as now you're fighting against a stronger spring.
I would expect the flippers to perform weaker after this change.
For weak flipper issues I recommend making sure the bat moves freely, the plunger is going in/out squarely in the sleeve, sleeves are cleaned/changed every few thousand plays, etc. And of course review Butch's video on flippers.

Quoted from zaphX:

I think you are mistaken.
Stiffer springs would make it snap back to idle faster, but require additional energy to deploy as now you're fighting against a stronger spring.
I would expect the flippers to perform weaker after this change.
For weak flipper issues I recommend making sure the bat moves freely, the plunger is going in/out squarely in the sleeve, sleeves are cleaned/changed every few thousand plays, etc. And of course review Butch's video on flippers.

Don't think so. The problem I'm having was weak spring, slow return. It works 100 % better

#19258 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

What springs did you use?

I have tons of springs here, but take yours off and any hardware store will have a similar length, with a stiffer coil. Easy to cut off if you buy one too long

#19261 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I mean, it's your game so if you're happy, enjoy.
I personally value flipper UP power - what I use to make shots - over flipper DOWN power, but you do you.

First thing I did was check movement, everything is free and moves easily. I think biggest issue was springs were over stretched on install, and are sacked. The ones I put on are just slightly stronger, not much, played long games, and just plays so much better. I watched the vid you linked, good info there.

#19342 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I thought I understood a lot but I also understand I dont understand a lot.
About the extra ball.....how do you light an extra ball and I dont understand about cashing out and getting an extra ball. Can someone pls explain this. These things happen but not entirely sure how.
Besides many of the suggestions for code...whenever or if ever that is happening, I wish the game would show what your song value is before starting a song.

By collecting all the sponsor patches it lights extra ball , very satisfying to hit that shot with a clean left flipper shot!

#19380 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Had a great game going last night. Was on my last ball....flipped it toward left ramp.....pops up in the air and drains down left outlane. I stood there with this blank look on my face like this didn't just happen did it? It has happened so infrequently that I don't worry about it and didn't add it to my order when I bought the Pinmonk cooling fan kit - regrettable decision.
Pinmonk Airball Drain Barrier ordered this morning

I thought I didn't need one either, then had a stretch where it happened nearly every game. While you're installing, put a washer under those posts you have exposed and a bigger ring if you have one. The deflector works great!!

#19395 2 years ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Stupidly snapped the threading off this standoff that secures the bass ramp…anyone know this part number? Don’t see it in the assemblies from the manual.
[quoted image]

Should be a standard 8x32 or 6x32 standoff, Lowes, home depot, etc should have.

#19399 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Should be a standard 8x32 or 6x32 standoff, Lowes, home depot, etc should have.

You can also use a coupling nut with a screw instead of a nut to hold the ramp in place. May be easier to find

#19402 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty chunky. It's probably a 10-32.

Could be, on sterns I haven't run across bigger than a 8x

#19404 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe the coil stops on Stern are 10-32

Standoffs? To hold ramp on is all

#19408 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, the screws on the coil stops are 10-32.
But I think this is a 5/8" 8-32 female to male post hex standoff, looking at it on mine.

Yup, thought it was too. I was only speaking of the standoff sizes

#19413 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePhysicsGuy:

Greetings All - Joining the GnR club in a few hours... question: Does a list exist yet of "Things to check on/watch out for" on a new GnR?
Examples:
-The upper magnet tends to overheat and trip the thermal fuse (contacting coil)
-The flippers typically could use some cooling
-Most (or all?) of the posts could use plastic washers as pooling --> chipping has been seen
-The spotlights are common failure points (sagging) (where is the failure point? pivots?)
-I've heard the center screw on the record sometimes loosens and becomes uneven....and its under a sticker
-The guitar lock screws can come out
Anyone got a list like this?
Also, what is this I hear about a $500 backup playfield/insurance?
Forgive me if I missed this in the threads - I did check before posting. ^_^ Thanks y'all.

Only a few issues here. Bass ramp was high on upper end and ball would get stuck. Bent it down and no issues. Any 2 or 3 post combo with a ring around it will need a larger ring and washers under it. The ones that did not have a washer under on mine and a friend's, both have a tiny wrinkle from post being pulled over. Other than that, it's been great.

20220114_161555 (resized).jpg20220114_161555 (resized).jpg20220114_161605 (resized).jpg20220114_161605 (resized).jpg20220114_161642 (resized).jpg20220114_161642 (resized).jpg
#19438 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I don’t typically fist pump when I play pinball, but I’ve noticed when I do it’s always on Guns N’ Roses

I yell you fu#%ing piece of s#%t when I miss the applause jackpot. Not sure if I'm aiming that at me or the game. Prob me

#19502 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone purchase and install the topper marquee LED light kit for their GNR? I tried installing the PinballModz kit following the instructions to a tee and the lights are lighting randomly all over the place. I've swapped around boards, ribbon cables, power cycled and tried everything. About to toss this thing in the trash, so long $100.
https://www.pinballmodz.com/product-page/jjp-gnr-oem-top-rgb-led
I see Cointaker has a similar kit for the topper that looks to operate a little differently...has anyone installed that kit and had success? Before I order the Cointaker kit, I'd appreciate any guidance.
https://cointaker.com/products/gnr-pinball-topper-mod-jjp
Thanks!

Mine works perfect, installed tonight in 30 minutes or so. Seems like a good guy ,maybe he can help you out.

#19544 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

As you’ll see, I have a bit of ugly pooling around the bolt at the top of the upper playfield (mine is a May 2021 build and this is the only playfield damage)
I’m all set to replace it with a B/W bolt and do the repair work including a washer. However, for the life of me, I can’t remove this bolt. It just turns and turns.
Do I need to remove the upper playfield to get at a nut underneath? Any tricks to this that anyone can offer me?
[quoted image]

It's really pretty easy to remove the upper field, following the key post on page 1. Pretty great in how it was designed to be removed with minimal effort.

#19560 2 years ago

#19588 2 years ago

Great customer service with Ken at jjp. Quick, to the point instruction, 3 phone calls and my opto problem was solved. He had me swap leads, look at a few things, but in the end was a bad connection from power supply, I was being too gentle, trying not to make problem worse. Thanks!!

#19613 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Gnr mods
-Translite leds
-Pinstadiums
-Slash toy
-Marshall speaker covers
-subwoofer
-carbon balls
-mirror blades
-under cab leds
-back cab leds
-apron picks
-buckle apron mod
-plastic protectors
-deflector mod
-tibetan breeze mod
-topper
-topper led mod
-spare spot brackets/servo
Anything im missin?

Pinwoofer!!

#19645 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's on eBay and comes from Argentina or some near there , looks great in pictures , just not worth it .
But like any mod , if you like it , go for it .

I had, it sux

#19688 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

If you don’t like soldering or crimping or troubleshooting voltage issues—like I apparently love as determined by the number of months I’ve spent doing it—then have I got a mod for you!
Eh, I’m not a very good pitchman. Here, I made a thing I think is pretty awesome and maybe you’ll think it’s awesome too. Here’s a promotional video for what we are calling GNR Hyperlytes!
https://bit.ly/3InSybq
I can’t put it on YouTube because I can’t not use certain music by a certain band…
I’m making inquiries on larger parts orders so it’ll take me a a few weeks to start making them again, so I’m setting up a preorder list to see how much stuff I should buy. Ill get that together soon, but I figured it’s a Saturday… good day to share the video! Plus it means I won’t keep going back over it, editing with smaller and smaller returns on my mediocre editing and videography skills. Also I want to go play some pinball!
[quoted image]

Pm sent

#19694 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. Ugh, that crack is in such a bad place.
2. I don't understand what you're showing here. Black rubs? scratches in the glass? What's the stuff in your hand?
3. Need a picture of the ball side with the ball in the lane. The shooter lane on GnR is supposed to be less strong so the skill shot is precise. Auto launch is fine?

I think the things in his hand are the rub marks in the glass, just his hand as a backdrop.

#19698 2 years ago

I would not repair the head. At the minimum send it back, but might be best to exchange the whole game.

#19706 2 years ago

Pre-order sent!!!

#19708 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I don’t mind putting the work in. I do have fun getting my hands dirty And the whole mailing back-and-forth stresses me out.

They may not even want the old head back. Would make a great display cabinet!!

#19829 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

That was the first change I made, but when I released the flipper button the flippers would bounce 2-3 times when coming to rest. None of my other games do that. The Stern springs fixed it.

I had a sacked spring on my right flipper and had the bounce you're talking about, changed to some slightly stiffer springs I had here and it's a game changer. Was told it will slow the forward movement on the flipper, due to more resistance, but that's just not the case. Highly recommend doing this

#19835 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Where are you guys sourcing stock rings from?
I tried Titan 2” on the slings and they’re way too tight. I know I can and should go up to at least 2-1/4” if I go Titan but I’d like to keep the rings stock.

I prefer pinball life but went with titan 2 1/4". Much less stress on the posts. Change out every other ring with larger ones too,

#19871 2 years ago

Thx, just ordered and am splitting with a friend. Can't see the need to have 6

#19914 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The new intro is so cool , I never get sick of it .
And it will be even better , if I ever get my topper working .

I love reading people saying it gets old and they wish they could bypass it, it's such a part if the game now I can't imagine not seeing it at every start up

#19934 2 years ago

My screw was almost fallin out on the action button too, I just look at it every time I have the glass off. Which seems often, always a tweak to make on this game it seems

#20007 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Damn. I pulled about 8” of wire out of the loops w no luck.
Also still cant get the molex disconnected.
Fml
This is an open connector attached to the monitor… but not the right size.
[quoted image]

Squeeze the sides of molex with pliers, it will spread to release

#20030 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Absolutely. This is one of the most asked request for the code. It has been a long time since the code has been tweaked and starting to feel JJP is moving on. So many games could have become even greater with a few added rules but are left as is.

I would prefer to see the timer stop if your ball is stuck in the pops. Easy to do, ehoh does this. I lost a 14 mill jackpot, so pissed I shut off machine and watching the Olympic instead

#20074 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Not a post pass. Check out this at 44 minutes 30 seconds. It’s an example of the touchy thing he does. In this case he’s going backwards with the ball but I’ve seen him flip it to the other flipper doing this, and of course this is his go to on the right flipper to make some noise!
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1280683473

I can replicate that by light tap on outer edge of the flipper button, but not as often as him obviously. Dude has some fast twitch muscle and coordination goin on. Very fun to watch, not goofy or obnoxious like some other streamers are.

#20097 2 years ago

I didn’t like the idea of replacing my snubbers routinely so I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the whole thing to hold it in place and reduce the risk of it breaking. No for everyone but you don’t see it much and the black “hides” better than the bright blue snubber anyways. I think it’s really unlikely to break again with the tape and to be fair if it does the take should hold the snubber in place anyways. Just a thought and if you don’t like it it’s really easy to remove. Just a thought and is working well for me so far.

How bout a pic?

#20107 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

What’s the best way to create that hole without tearing the rest of the record?

Razor knife, just slit it and you'll be fine

#20153 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Art blade question: When watching streams I noticed the side rail lights “reflect” off the black interior walls which creates a cool effect (at least at the camera’s angle). Do you get that same effect as the player and if so, do the art blades impact it?

It was more of an annoyance to me, I put the tilt blades on and they look great. Jjp ones are nice as well

#20170 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

The maker of this Slash skeleton mod got back to me and said he is not making them any longer. That is/was the type of Slash figure I wanted to put in my game. It's similar to Axel's skeleton figure.
Thanks to the Pinguy who posted this picture and info earlier.
Kerry
[quoted image]

Tell him a bunch would buy, Maybe he will make more. I can sell 3 if he does,,

#20176 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl has a stream with the whole trip, including the wizard mode. You can see what he did to get there.

Oh I can see it. Doin, that's a problem

#20184 2 years ago

Here is a different picture he has/had of the Slash skeleton figure. He is psexton here on Pinside. Maybe we can get him interested in a remake with multiple pre?orders.
Kerry
[quoted image]

Count me in for 2 or 3

#20212 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I was really glad when I had GNR Lies (though I wished that the acoustic version of You’re Crazy had been the album’s song on the machine) as my record, but it would be fun to change them out.
Which one you gonna go with?!!

I have lies, and to me it just doesn't jibe well. Going to put on appetite when mine arrive.

#20213 2 years ago

Hoping Just a hairdryer to remove cleanly? Any suggestions?

#20227 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I don't think they are, is there an easy way to check for magnetization? I still using the balls that shipped with the machine.

See if you can pick up a paper clip with them

#20241 2 years ago

+1 for Ken's help with an opto. 3 calls, very helpful.

#20252 2 years ago

The clear piece tight to the cabinet in the uppermost spot is # 25, on my le.

#20272 2 years ago

Update...
psexton who made the Slash skeleton mod (below) got back to me. He said he would make some additional ones due to the interest. He said they'll be available on Pinside "For Sale". Stay tuned for those of you who expressed an interest.[quoted image]

Please update as you hear,

#20287 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Hi everyone - I have read the key post on the bass stuck ball but it was not 100% clear to me what I was supposed to bend especially when I look at the wireform. My wireform will get a ball stuck on both sides until finally a 3rd ball releases one other ball. Unfortunately the game is impacted by this situation. Can someone explain the fix to me please?
[quoted image]

Take the ramp out and lay on a table . The upper fingers should all be equally bent, mine, the inner 2 were 1/4" higher, causing the ramp to not seat properly. Gently, bend them all down

#20306 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Seems like a lot of people are dealing with these issues, me included! I’ve replaced the sensor board, cleaned the optos/inserts, recalibrated more times than I can count, and still the problem persists. I do have an external sub hooked up so I’m curious to hear what comes from that topic, but I have my hookup going through the line out accessory along with my pinwoofer amp. No idea why these two things would be related but at this point I’ll try anything to fix it!

I'm set up same as you, pinwoofer, no issues at all. I cant see how a woofer can cause an issue, mine is directly under the front of the pin, so if vibration was cause, it should affect me as well. Using a klipsch 12" sub

#20318 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I've been searching the GNR manual until my eyes crossed looking for a list of all rubber rings and parts. I feel like an idiot, but can't find one in the manual. Does anyone know if it's in there, or if not, if anyone has a comprehensive list of all the rubber rings and sizes?

No list in the manual, but titan has lists customers have put together

#20321 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No list in the manual, but titan has lists customers have put together

Buy bigger by 1/4" on all the rings

#20323 2 years ago

Translucent is what came stock and what I replaced with. Other colors look great too, personal choice

#20381 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stuck there like every game. Is my ramp return just bent?[quoted image][quoted image]

Add a washer or 2 under the posts holding the ramp on

#20427 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Got my new Slash figure installed, looks stock, I think it should have come from the factory this way. Just another cherry on top.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was gone while these became avail, who is the seller please?

#20460 2 years ago

psexton just emailed me he has a few Slash skeleton figures, back in stock.
Mine just arrived yesterday, and I'm out of town till Tuesday
If you're interested hit him up: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1223-pinball-forever/05388-lead-guitar-figure-jjp-guns-n-roses-
Kerry

Just ordered!!

#20548 2 years ago

Hoping I'm there Tues or wed to pick up nx purchase!!

#20565 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Im having huge issues with airballs off the PYRO target. I mean like every time it hits it and then it flies all over the pf.
2 things.
1. is there something I should look at with the target?
2. what does everyone think of making an airball protector for there? Could screw into the pop bumper. BUT...those screws are really small. I was looking and perhaps we could attach it to the ramp via the switch or gate that's right there. Thoughts?

Is it hopping off record then airball after? I've never had mine do anything but normal after-pyro hit

#20596 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

So JJP GNRLE #2935 made it home. It was a long wait but worth it. I still need to make a bunch of tweaks and then put some time in learning the rules. I’ve been following this thread for a while, but avoided reading up too much on strategy so I can discover some of it as I go. At some point I’m sure I’ll do more research though.
I have a connection that said one of the GnR band members has agreed to sign the machine for me so I’m pretty excited about that. I’m thinking I’ll pull the apron off to get that signed as soon as I can stand to have the machine out of commission for a few days. Fingers crossed still. I’ll post a pic if/when it happens.
My to do list:
- resolve power connector issue for topper
- install PinMonk fans and airball barrier
- fix right spot light (moves x&y but barely, probably 3D print new parts while I am in there)
- put something on bumper skirt so ball doesn’t get stuck there again
- adjust tilt bob (not centered and very sensitive)
- add washers under scoop to help adjust it (doesn’t go sdtm very often now, but is really close)
- adjust left ramp diverter (needs to rotate clockwise a bit - ball is hitting edge when it is up sometimes and looks like it will rub when going down)
- install new titan flipper rubbers
- install cymbal stickers
- 3D print Marshall amp logos for speakers
- possibly look into additional lights for back glass and under cabinet
I had mirror blades put on when I picked it up and I am shocked that the tech was able to fit them in. Putting the blade protectors on is absolutely necessary now and they are a pain to get in, so lifting the playfield is a bit of a chore unfortunately. I love the look of the blades though so it’s still worth it. [quoted image]

Great lookin room, love the kisw poster. Worked in Seattle in late 70s and still have a bunch of their stickers from the concerts then. Have fun with gnr!!!

1 week later
#20672 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I am getting a “stuck” ball as you can see in this photo. Only happens in the far (left) lane. The ball just doesn’t have enough momentum to get over the small hump in the wire form. Anyone else run into this issue and figure out a solution?
[quoted image]

Pm sent

1 week later
#20804 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Waiting for all my mods and bulletproofing/tear down b4 game 1. The anticipation is killing me. Thoughts on whether I should be proactive and change out original servo’s while their accessible?

No, my August build still goin strong, play it,

#20869 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

After ordering April 4, 2021, I can be an "official" member of this group tomorrow.
Just got the call.
A quick question for the group.
Does the LE come with leg protectors?

Can't remember if they came with nylon washers to protect the powdercoat, but definitely put them on. I have a supply on hand, just can't remember if jjp supplied with game or not.

#20905 2 years ago

Just got my ticket magnet from j_m_, these are copied from the ticket stubs I saved from that show. Same seat and section, pretty cool!

20220323_152237 (resized).jpg20220323_152237 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.