IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2681.png
IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 569.
#17851 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , I saw yours there , looking good

Awesome.. We are pumped for this game.

Did they say when was it getting picked up?

#17852 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did they say when was it getting picked up?

Not sure about that , hopefully it's not too bumpy on a long ride .

#17853 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not sure about that , hopefully it's not too bumpy on a long ride .

Ha Ha! It has been a long bumby ride ordering and waiting for the game. A few more bumps are not going to make much difference!

#17854 2 years ago

Billy Pearce drives around the bumps, don't worry.

#17855 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Billy Pearce drives around the bumps, don't worry.

I have never worried about Billy... I am not going to start now. He does a fantastic job. Best pinball mover in Australian East Coast by a county mile.

#17856 2 years ago

I have never worried about Billy... I am not going to start now. He does a fantastic job. Best pinball mover in Australian East Coast by a county mile.

If you haven't got Billy, then as Mellissa says..."You're fucked!"

#17857 2 years ago

Ha Ha! It has been a long bumby ride ordering and waiting for the game. A few more bumps are not going to make much difference!

Bumby?

#17858 2 years ago

It's an aussie thing.

Bilby-Simpson-Desert-Queensland-Australia (resized).jpgBilby-Simpson-Desert-Queensland-Australia (resized).jpg

#17859 2 years ago

Down under. The "p" is upside down.

#17860 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Arm installed upside down, looks like. It took 1K games to get an EOS error like that?

yep. no error until about a month ago... unless I have some gnomes messing with my games

#17861 2 years ago

I ordered art blades and got them today and there seems to be a lot of creases in them. Has anyone else had this and are the creases still visible after installing them?

0FE190FA-1E0C-4BCE-BE5B-852F92BDDAC7 (resized).jpeg0FE190FA-1E0C-4BCE-BE5B-852F92BDDAC7 (resized).jpegE66F00CA-8D84-4FC5-ADCD-F482D7446EC0 (resized).jpegE66F00CA-8D84-4FC5-ADCD-F482D7446EC0 (resized).jpegFC513AAE-E566-4ED9-8818-6826A0C19330 (resized).jpegFC513AAE-E566-4ED9-8818-6826A0C19330 (resized).jpegFFDD960D-AA4D-4FD0-9AA5-D5A482FF3356 (resized).jpegFFDD960D-AA4D-4FD0-9AA5-D5A482FF3356 (resized).jpeg
#17862 2 years ago

My best so far

5C0335FC-5724-4056-BEA9-AEDF77F2AE9F (resized).jpeg5C0335FC-5724-4056-BEA9-AEDF77F2AE9F (resized).jpeg
#17863 2 years ago

I have had it happen to art blades before. Just lay them out before you put them on and they will smooth right out once they are on the side of the machine.

#17864 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

I ordered art blades and got them today and there seems to be a lot of creases in them. Has anyone else had this and are the creases still visible after installing them?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And be sure to use the wet method so you can squeegee them flat.

Creases should come right out.

#17865 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I have had it happen to art blades before. Just lay them out before you put them on and they will smooth right out once they are on the side of the machine.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

And be sure to use the wet method so you can squeegee them flat.
Creases should come right out.

Ok. I’ll lay them out with some weights to flatten them out for awhile. I’m not much for the wet method though. Too many things to go wrong. My last art blades I was able to just stick the top and make minor adjustments before fully adhering them.

#17866 2 years ago

I’m not much for the wet method though. Too many things to go wrong.

Like what? Have you done it, or just heard stuff?

The wet method is LITERALLY the most forgiving way to install art blades. It's really hard to have something go wrong in the process.

#17867 2 years ago

Finally got a 6 ball power chord - 2.8 Million. Lost a 38 million jackpot that same game.

#17868 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Like what? Have you done it, or just heard stuff?
The wet method is LITERALLY the most forgiving way to install art blades. It's really hard to have something go wrong in the process.

Electronics and spraying water seem like a bad combo. Maybe if you have towels all over and shit it works fine. I tapped the top of the art blades to start it, moved them as necessary, and then pressed everything down when I was happy with it.

#17869 2 years ago

Electronics and spraying water seem like a bad combo. Maybe if you have towels all over and shit it works fine. I tapped the top of the art blades to start it, moved them as necessary, and then pressed everything down when I was happy with it.

You don't understand the process, then. You're not spraying water in or around the machine, but on a table or even the floor from a spray bottle onto the art blade itself pre-installation, and just enough to dampen the art blade well. Then you attach the dampened blade and slide it around until you get it where you want it then squeegee the moisture out and use a towel or paper towel to wipe the small amount of soapy water that comes out of the bottom of the art blade when you squeegee it.

It is BY FAR the easiest and most forgiving method of installing art blades. I've done dozens this way and never removed a playfield or had help.

#17870 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't understand the process, then

Fair enough. There’s more than one way to do it. I’ll think about it for a week while I try to straighten the art blades out.

#17871 2 years ago

Fair enough. There’s more than one way to do it. I’ll think about it for a week while I try to straighten the art blades out.

Of course. I'm just trying to point you towards the easy, foolproof way. You had some bad information about that process that was completely wrong and I wanted to make sure it didn't mislead anyone else who read it and took it at face value.

#17872 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Of course. I'm just trying to point you towards the easy, foolproof way. You had some bad information about that process that was completely wrong and I wanted to make sure it didn't mislead anyone else who read it and took it at face value.

My wife and I have gotten pretty good at installing them, no issues on maybe 10 sets. But I'm gonna try wet blades next time. BTW, thx for the quick shipping on my order. Hope its here Saturday, tired of the airball drain on the left side .

#17873 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You should also take down the YouTube videos I watched then.

#17874 2 years ago

PinMonk is trying to show you the easiest way. There are different ways of doing the same job. You do not have to listen if you do not want to. I am sure Pinmonk will be here to help you when/if you stuff it up.

#17875 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

https://emaxmodel.com/products/emax-es3054-17g-3-5kg-0-13sec-23t-metal-gear-digital-servo-for-rc-airplane-es3154-upgrade
Emax servos came today .
Might as well go to the maker , and they are by far the cheapest I can find .
And like someone else said 17 G's and 20 G's are the same .
[quoted image]

Have you bolted these on the game yet? Are they a direct bolt on replacement? One of my servos finally failed and I want direct easy replacement. Thanks!!

#17876 2 years ago

If I was taking down all the wrong youtube videos other people posted, I would never be on pinside. Just because it's on youtube doesn't mean it's correct.

#17877 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

BTW, thx for the quick shipping on my order. Hope its here Saturday, tired of the airball drain on the left side .

Sometimes you get lucky. Your timing was good because I am almost caught up on orders/OOS/backorders for once. I think I only have four more orders and I'm completely caught up, something that hasn't happened all year. I wanted to get to this point before I released the GnR diverter and magnet coolers that are ready to go, so those are finally about to see the light of day.

Thanks for the support! That airball shield idea cybevenom came up with that I took over and refined to sell has been a lifesaver for me and others. Sometimes the ball has so much momentum and spin that it seems to levitate against the shield. It's really weird to catch that out of the corner of your eye in a busy multiball.

#17878 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes you get lucky. Your timing was good because I am almost caught up on orders/OOS/backorders for once. I think I only have four more orders and I'm completely caught up, something that hasn't happened all year. I wanted to get to this point before I released the GnR diverter and magnet coolers that are ready to go, so those are finally about to see the light of day.
Thanks for the support! That airball shield idea cybevenom came up with that I took over and refined to sell has been a lifesaver for me and others. Sometimes the ball has so much momentum and spin that it seems to levitate against the shield. It's really weird to catch that out of the corner of your eye in a busy multiball.

Mostly it just angers me it's bad enough to lose a ball but when it happens like this it's more than frustrating. Such a fun, unique ,difficult game, unlike any we've owned so far.

#17879 2 years ago

I've installed these on no less than 20 machines, and the wet method is BY FAR the best way to install art blades....

#17880 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Have you bolted these on the game yet? Are they a direct bolt on replacement? One of my servos finally failed and I want direct easy replacement. Thanks!!

Not yet ( touch wood )
Only had the game a couple of days and thankfully they're still working .
My distributor said they're easy to do , hopefully I don't find out if they are or not

IMG_20211124_203221 (resized).jpgIMG_20211124_203221 (resized).jpg
#17881 2 years ago

I'm still looking for a link to the Eric Meunier video from Pintastic. Anyone have it?

#17882 2 years ago

Is there a spotlight adjustment settings in the menu? I see the test, but I'm wondering how the machine centers the spotlight. For instance, after installing new servos, how do I go about making sure it's "centered"? If that makes sense

#17883 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Is there a spotlight adjustment settings in the menu? I see the test, but I'm wondering how the machine centers the spotlight. For instance, after installing new servos, how do I go about making sure it's "centered"? If that makes sense

You have to center the servos themselves before bolting them into the assemblies. Hook up a new servo (before installing it into the assembly) and turn the power on the the game - the servo will now be centered. Turn the power off again and do all the mechanical stuff to install the servo into the assembly, making sure the assembly is on center in the axis you're installing the servo for.

#17884 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

You have to center the servos themselves before bolting them into the assemblies. Hook up a new servo (before installing it into the assembly) and turn the power on the the game - the servo will now be centered. Turn the power off again and do all the mechanical stuff to install the servo into the assembly, making sure the assembly is on center in the axis you're installing the servo for.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you!

#17885 2 years ago

For those that had to do the spotlight bracket “trimming” service bulletin- will regular wire cutters work or did you all use the specific ones JJP recommended? Also, part of this is lazy but mostly I don’t want to mess something up that is currently working but seems like you could get to that area that needs to be trimmed without removing everything, at least on the right spotlight. Thanks!

#17886 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not yet ( touch wood )
Only had the game a couple of days and thankfully they're still working .
My distributor said they're easy to do , hopefully I don't find out if they are or not
[quoted image]

So, I tried 2 different servos today from my local hobby shop. Both looked like they were clones of the original, however, neither fit. The first one had 25 teeth on the gear, where the OEM one had 23. Oops... The second servo had 23 teeth and appeared to be identical, but when I tried it out, the gear was ever so slightly too small and would slip when installed. Anyway, I've now ordered these from Amazon. Let's hope they actually fit. And, i can verify, they aren't too difficult to swap out. Just some small parts to pay attention to.

#17887 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's why I said to use a pinball. PinGuy app has been shown to be wrong pretty often.
Stick a pinball on the glass where it meets the lockdown bar, right above the action button and see if it moves. If the machine really is perfectly level, it will not move from the center. This is pretty close to foolproof and much more accurate for left to right level than the pinguy app.

Man you weren't kidding, I used an electronic level and PinGuy was totally off. I also used the fix linked by fooflighter and all is fixed. Thanks guys!

#17888 2 years ago

Hey guy's.....after 11 months and 2 days....#2273 has arrived

played a bit today and everything seems to be ok, a few exceptions as per normal so far are the pop stuck ball and
..I'm pretty sure I had an air ball (left side) I have the remedy for that in stock...(Thanks PinMonk)
I did however have a ball get stuck at the very top left of the wire down ramp...that was interesting
anyways...awesome game...can't wait to actually learn the rule set...will start the fine tuning and mods tommorow.

ordered: Dec. 22/20
received: Nov. 24/21
Game #: 2273
Dist.: Player one
Mississauga,Ont.
Canada

20211124_200704 (resized).jpg20211124_200704 (resized).jpg
#17889 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballers_Decade:

Hey guy's.....after 11 months and 2 days....#2273 has arrived
played a bit today and everything seems to be ok, a few exceptions as per normal so far are the pop stuck ball and
..I'm pretty sure I had an air ball (left side) I have the remedy for that in stock...(Thanks PinMonk)
I did however have a ball get stuck at the very top left of the wire down ramp...that was interesting
anyways...awesome game...can't wait to actually learn the rule set...will start the fine tuning and mods tommorow.
ordered: Dec. 22/20
received: Nov. 24/21
Game #: 2273
Dist.: Player one
Mississauga,Ont.
Canada[quoted image]

Stuck ball at pops is very common. I used some drop dead ball foam on the pops skirt to prevent. Others have used other similar methods.

The wire form stuck ball on bass ramp seems to be coming up more often lately, maybe a mess up on the line?

Congrats on the game!

#17890 2 years ago

Got a new (to me) call out tonight. Tilted, and Slash said, “I see you got your stupid vaccine.” LOL!

#17891 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stuck ball at pops is very common. I used some drop dead ball foam on the pops skirt to prevent. Others have used other similar methods.
The wire form stuck ball on bass ramp seems to be coming up more often lately, maybe a mess up on the line?
Congrats on the game!

I had to remove ramp and bend down inner two fingers. No probs since

#17892 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Guys! I checked with Agima2000 and he approved printing some of these free of charge for disty to PinSider's. So, I printed some overnight. They are printed with PLA so there's no guarantee they will be strong enough to last the lifetime of the playfield, but free is free and who knows.
I'll send a few to Vespula, but is there a volunteer to take these off my hands and give them out? Thanks!

I will do it!
Pinsiders without 3d printers? Or a friend without a 3d Printer?
I know the feeling. I don't have one either!!

Fear no more....

I have received (from Dan, the man) a decent assortment of RED and BLACK bumper ball savers to share with you all... thanks to Agima2000 for creating, and thanks to PinWoofer for printing, and thanks to me for distribution. .

Do you want one?
If you want one, I will drop it in the mail to you -- USA ONLY - sorry everyone not USA.

Due to the undisclosed qty of these I have (LOL)...
I am accepting minimum donations of $3 each by paypal Friends and Family for this to cover the cost of postage/handling/envelope.
Financial assistance is available if you don't have $3 bucks. It's Thanksgiving after all!!

PM me if you want one and state your color preference, and I will reply with confirmation that that color stock remains and if not, give you option for the remaining color. At that time I will also request your address if you didn't already provide it and give you the paypal ID.
ballsaver (resized).pngballsaver (resized).pngballsaver agima (resized).jpgballsaver agima (resized).jpgballsaver2 (resized).jpgballsaver2 (resized).jpg

#17893 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I will do it!
Pinsiders without 3d printers? Or a friend without a 3d Printer? Fear no more....
I have an decent assortment of RED and BLACK to share with you all... thanks to Agima2000 for creating, and PinWoofer for printing, and me for shipping.
Do you want one?
If you want one, I will drop it in the mail to you -- USA ONLY - sorry everyone not USA.
Due to the undisclosed qty of these I have (LOL)...
I am accepting minimum donations of $3 each by paypal Friends and Family for this to cover the cost of postage/handling/envelope.
Financial assistance is available if you don't have $3 bucks. It's Thanksgiving after all!!
PM me if you want one and state your color preference, and I will reply with confirmation that that color stock remains and if not, give you option for the remaining color. At that time I will also request your address and give you the paypal ID.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super cool offer guys! Thanks in advance. Love pinside and thanks as always for everyone taking time to help others out. Great hobby made even better by a great community!

#17894 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got a new (to me) call out tonight. Tilted, and Slash said, “I see you got your stupid vaccine.” LOL!

OMG that’s awesome.

#17895 2 years ago

Did JJP finally change manufacturer of there playfields I just rec my game today 11/25/21 and it looks like the Mirco logo is gone and replaced with this

IMG_0415 (resized).jpgIMG_0415 (resized).jpg
#17896 2 years ago
Quoted from Baba_Booey:

Did JJP finally change manufacturer of there playfields I just rec my game today 11/25/21 and it looks like the Mirco logo is gone and replaced with this
[quoted image]

No that's Mirco , just so you know you've got a quality Playfield

Welcome to the club .

#17897 2 years ago

Is it normal that I have to short the power between the 3rd and 4th pins on the backbox connector to get my machine to turn on? It needed that right out of the box and I'm doing that at least once a month because my machine doesn't fire up

#17898 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is it normal that I have to short the power between the 3rd and 4th pins on the backbox connector to get my machine to turn on? It needed that right out of the box and I'm doing that at least once a month because my machine doesn't fire up

If you're talking about a CPU jump start then no, not normal. I had one machine do this once but has been fine since. If it keeps happening I suggest you report to your distributor/JJP tech support.

#17899 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Call Paul

#17900 2 years ago

Question.. while we are talking about power issues...

It's been pretty common knowledge to gracefully and properly shut down your PC and don't just kill power to it...
Why is it ok to just kill power to the pin to turn it off? It's a PC. Is there a way to gracefully power it off that I don't know about?
It goes against decades of training and common sense so I count to 3 and wince everytime I kill the power while it's on. It's like ripping off a bandaid for me.
Why is it ok for the pin PC to do this? What's changed that made this ok?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,500 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/358?hl=ballers_decade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.