IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Iā€™m officially in the club. Iā€™m paid in full for an LE and just waiting for JJP to make it.
Average Joe player here. I played the game today at FUN, my distributor.
My first impression was very positive.
***Skilled twitch watchers who post laser measured reports about the 0.001 degree of pitch etc.. Skip this and go down to the next review. ***
Exterior: Beautiful cabinet art and powder coat. Volume button on the front is a nice touch.
Playfield and lights: great colors, easy to see everything. Not at all blinding or confusing.
Music and sound: Duh. Next topic.
Gameplay: Itā€™s pretty simple for a player like me. Skill shot is right in front of you. Plunge accurately to get it. You start with a single ball and, yes, you can trap up. No big deal. Collect all the band members to be able to choose a song. This sounds more complicated than it is. If you can bang the ball around and make a few shots, you can collect the members. Sometimes a second ball gets added in, not sure what I did. It was fine. Once all are collected, shoot the scoop. Then you get to easily pick a song and play to it.
THIS is when the game literally wakes up and gets loud and fun. The light show gets going etc. For probably my first time in Pinball, the game actually sounds and plays just as loud and fun as the trailer for it. Playing Live and Let Die was exactly what you see in the promo video. I completed a few songs etc and was quite pleased. Yes there were multiballs, but it wasnā€™t overwhelming or annoying. Importantly to me, no shots were to hard for me to make.
Overall, Iā€™m super excited about the game and really looking forward to the call when it ships.

I am super happy for you.

Normally you pay in full when your game is ready to ship. Hopefully JJP will be shipping your game real soon. If it was me I would ask my distro when my game will ship. I think JJP have been inundated with orders and will be flat out keeping up with demand.

1 week later
#1744 3 years ago

Not sonce 2016. Stern have used multiple vendors and currently do part of the process themselves and send the playfields away to be cleared by a sub contractor.

#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from graffixpinball:

I have had a dozen new sterns in the past couple years, I put playfield protectors on them before I launch a ball - money well spent. I also have done the same with both of my Chicago gaming pins. Whatā€™s an extra $100 and a few hours of install time when you already spend 6-8k on a game right?! Plus contrary to belief, it doesnā€™t effect game play. Strap it up

The protectors do nothing to protect from pooling and chipping. We have a protector on all our games too. I was hoping that we could just buy a Gunners and play it without fitting a protector.

1 month later
#3179 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I just googled Woolgollga to see if it was a real location.I pulled up pictures and wow nice view!

We like you guys in the USA have many beautiful locations. I believe locals call the place Woopi!

2 months later
#5952 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Having problems with my bottom right flipper out of the box. It stopped firing and i adjusted the switch and it worked fine. Then it stopped firing again and i readjusted the switch. Now it drops when the ball hits it.
I'm not much good at the maintenance side so if it's an easy solution you can laugh at me.
Also my LE came with a scratch on the siderail from the hinge rubbing against it. I'll fire an email off to my distributor this morning, but a shame to see the ugly scar.
[quoted image]

I feel for you mate. Buying a new game and then there is something wrong with it straight out of the box, makes my heart sink.

Every manufacturer has their issues. I am sure you will get looked after. Please let us know how you go.

#5975 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

All good, i expect these things to have an issue after travelling half way round the world. Just would like to know how to fix it.

Good luck with it all. The best help you get will come from Pinside. Some of the people on here are amazing. I am sure everyting will be fine.

1 week later
#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My distributor said they wonā€™t run any more SEs. CE is now and then I assume LEs again. I wonder how many SEs they actually produced then? Seems low to only do a couple runs

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Either one you want.
LTG : )

What is the dirrerence?

Thanks in advance!

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

They are hosted on different servers. One or the other may be closer to you or faster depending where you are.

Thanks!

1 week later
#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you're saying most people have a magnet issue, I'm going to respectfully disagree. A handful of people on here have, but they must have shipped over 1,000 games by now.
I also said there is probably not a software fix for the magnet issue.

I doubt that JJP have even shipped 500. There are others on this thread that could give you a better estimate.

#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, has anyone recently taken delivery of a new LE recently? If so, when did you put your deposit down?

JJP FB shows they are still making CEs. Maybe another month or so before they start making Less again. I am only guessing.

1 week later
#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, the ~50/week was roughly right and the rampup wasn't that long, apparently. I just didn't believe the math that said that would mean ~900.
I didn't realize they were shipping that many SEs. I was just watching the CEs mostly. But now that I know, I'll pay more attention to the LE and SE box posts. We can know pretty closely by adding all three as long as people post their boxes on arrival so the serials can be tracked.

Keep up the great work counting what has gone out the door. I am with you, I think JJP are making around 50 games per week.

#7235 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So to illustrate the point that nobody outside the factory knows, your 'safe to say' has pretty much doubled in an hour.

How did you work that out?

Victor has been counting the games through serial number for months. I know who I am going to believe and it is not you!

#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I worked out what vireland said by reading his posts. You should try it. I quoted both posts in the post you quoted of mine, so you should manage.
As far as believing me, there's no need as i haven't said anything about the numbers as i'm not an exec at JJP so wouldn't a fucking clue. I have only quoted different claims here from other people and extrapolated them.
Stick up for your mate's claims by all means, but don't attribute any claims to me as i haven't made any.
And by the way, i think vireland seems like a great bloke and i have a great deal of respect for most of what he types.

Ha ha... you make me laugh. I did not mean any offence.

We have bets on when people are going to get their games in OZ. I think the next container to Australia will not leave until late April or early May. We are number 350's (I cannot remember exactly) in Australia for a LE so I think we are not going to get our game until the end of 2022. The only way I think we are getting it earlier is if people bail out.

The reason JJP do not want their manufacturing schedule public is because people will bail out of their orders if they realize how long they have to wait for their machine. Does not bother us how long it takes to get here.

#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You mean the end of 2021 right? If it's 2022 I may as well buy something else to play in the meantime and then sell it once I'm asked to cough up the remainder rather than just have 14K sitting in the bank waiting......

No I mean the end of 2022 for us, hopefully earlier but I doubt it. We were hanging out to get a CE. That is not happening now so we ordered a LE a few weeks ago. 66 games fit in a big container so by my reasoning we are on container 6 or 7 (small containers are coming in as well). In Australia we have had 1 small container arrive in 4 months.. I am sure you can work out the rest.

Find out where in the list (Wayne at Mr Pinball can tell you) you are and you can work out approx when your game will be made. I am thinking they are making approx 50 games per week. You can work it out if you add up all the models and JJP build their games in serial number order. This could change as they may go faster or slower, this we will never work out. It is nice that pinsiders are posting their serial numbers, you can see how many games have been shipped.

I am fairly confident Stern will release 6 games before we get our Gunners! I think CGC will release at least 2 plus all the other guys. No way we are waiting for one game. If we like the next Stern, we are in!

You do not want to be an early adopter with JJP games. Always better to wait so they iron out their bugs. We would have sat the CE in the garage untouched for a while to make sure there are no major issues. Just my opinion.

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not in the least offended. I've got my LE. Send me a PM, you can come play it if i still have it when you get here.
I was only pointing out that i hadn't said anything about what JJP was doing so no-one has any need to believe me.
The post you quoted was one i made an observation about someone saying they were up on things and less than 500 made. An hour later the same person revised that figure by adding 100%.
Same with when the next container leaves, only JJP knows. I don't think they tell Paul or any of their other distributors bugger all.
Same again with you saying they won't release numbers or dates as if you are speaking from knowledge. You don't know why JJP (and for that matter every single other pinball manufacturer) does this, but you are saying 'The reason is". You don't know the reason, you are guessing. I have another theory about why and i think it relates to their competition. I'm not saying it as if i know though, i don't.
LaughAwayPunkin

Thanks for the offer, appreciate it. We live a long way apart!

I think Victor was trying to say less than 500 CEs and 900 games in total (all models). He can tell from the serial number how many games have been shipped and so can I. That is pretty good fact to make predictions with.

Correct about the guesses but they are only my opinion. At over $15K a pop it is bad business leaving cash in the bank waiting for a game from a supplier that will not give you a delivery date. To be honest, I have already written that $1500 off. The game gets here when it gets here.

Stern and AMD give you an approximate delivery date when you order your game. The last 20 times we have ordered they have been on the money every time. We can manage our cash flow and confidently buy and sell games to enjoy the hobby as much as we can.

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How would Wayne know when Mr Pinball isn't the JJP distributor? I did order on day 1 and agree with potentially 30 arriving at a time we are in for a long wait. I think I'll buy another machine to play for a while and then sell it to pay for this (probably for a profit too lol)

Not exactly sure how Wayne knows mate. He offered this on the AA (Aussie Arcade) Gunners thread and a couple of my mates asked for their position and he gave it to them. Wayne is a really good dude, always been great with us. When we ordered Gunners we asked Paul how many he had sold including us so we know approx where we are... Nowhere! I cannot remember if the number was 350 or 380 as I was laughing knowing our game is not anywhere soon.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/pinball/new-pinball-discussion/103006-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-coming-announces-slash?p=2194250#post2194250

#7418 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Also I think (hope) having no coil sleeve in my diverter is probably what caused it to cook anyway board fixed & coil replaced under warranty by my fantastic distributor and all good.
Neil.

Are you happy with the game and build quality? How would you compare Gunners build quality to other JJP machines? I ask because we are in for a LE and build issues with JJP scare me.

#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

My CE was delivered a week ago and has been flawless out of the box. It seems the early buyers unfortunately became the quality controllers for jjp early on.

Thanks for that. It makes me very happy knowing your very happy with your CE. Congratulations!

Neil only got his game a short time ago too. I am interested in his opinion.

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

They are no better than Stern and no worse. I had a lot of issues with my DI. On GNR nothing that you can't work out so far but clearly the move to IL has reduced the quality a little bit. I was totally out on JJP but glad I risked GNR.
Neil.

Thanks very much, I appreciate it.

1 month later
#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I am about 250 plays on on my CE and noticed this around a couple of the posts. What's the best way to repair this and/or prevent further damage. I tried the fender washer approach, but I don't care for the look and the fact that it could affect the play of the ball(two of the posts are in the pop bumpers). Any input is much appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What did your distro or JJP say?

I thought we were past this shit. That just makes my heart sink, I really feel for you.

I feel for you and I sincerely hope that JJP look after you.

#9046 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would gladly pay JJP extra to have a playfield like Haggis.. free from dimples, pooling, chipping, missing art.. That would eliminate most modern pin issues

You are already paying JJP for a good quality playfield. Maybe JJP can just start using some one else to make their playfields.

#9097 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My tech noticed that same post has an identical chip on mine on the weekend. I emailed my distributor just to seek his advice about how best to cover it and he rang straight back (as always).
He said to use a hairdryer to try to settle it and cover with a fibre washer which i intend to do.

Do you need to use hairspray too?

This must be a new playfield restoration process. Do you mind sharing a photo of the chips please?

We are in the cue for a LE and the playfield issues still seem to be around and have been plaguing JJP since Dialed in. Normally a few chips and a bit of pooling does not stop us from buying games but when you start to see the issues on lots of games it means lots of games have shit playfields.

#9099 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My chip in the artwork under the clear is exactly the same as the one in the photo around the same post that is shown a few posts back. No point me oposting a duplicate pic.
If it had been there while it was in a show room and i saw it, I'd still buy the machine and still put a washer over it. I don't think the playfield is shit, it just has a small fault on it that i can't see unless i move the machine and stand up the front and is easily stopped from spreading if not repaired. If it does become a widespread issue over the entire playfield i am very sure that my Distributor Paul from Pinball Sales Australia will stand behind it and so will JJP.
I don't believe in all the chicken little sky is falling stuff is all, and wouldn't have bothered mentioning it if it wasn't that i saw an identical pic and i know that JJP monitors this stuff and will put a remedy in place when they find out it's more than an isolated incident. As they did with sling posts. That's what i want to see as a proactive move from them. Not sending populated playfields, but everyone is different and it's up to JJP. I wouldn't refuse delivery of a new playfield, just would never ask for one for such a minor issue.

Thanks very much for the honest feedback, appreciate it. Good to know you have confidence in our Distro, that is extremely important to me.

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, it's posting while drunk.

If you can still type you are not drunk enough!

#9318 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks for the info mate. I have no doubt it's accurate.
I'm a lucky fella and got mine in the first container.
It should be shared though, and i volunteered it for the biggest pinball show in aus today.
It'll be at Pinfest at Newcastle for everyone who's still waiting in November if they haven't got one.
Be all pimped out with Dans best Pinwoofer system and people can put some scores on it.

That is a really big call mate, good on you. I think this years Pinfest will be huge!

1 week later
#9658 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Joined the club
[quoted image]

Congrats man.. Awesome line up of bands!

#9680 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Got my nasty bit of playfield pooling.
138 Games in, on a CE PF.
ā€œHow disappointingā€ call out on CONGO is the only thing that comes to mind. should I just flatten it out and stick a piece of Mylar before replacing the post? Hope the other side stays intact.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seeing this is really making me question my purchase of a LE, especially with the reports that JJP are doing nothing to resolve the issue with Mirco.

#9684 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Me as well. How pervasive of an issue is this? Is it really not just if but when this will happen?

I am not sure but this is why I like Pinside. Some Pinsiders are willing to post their issues so the rest of us get to see them and the result of what their distro or manufacturer did to make it right (or not).

Hopefully JJP remove the art around the posts and ball guides soon. This alone will give me a little more confidence as I do not have much faith in the JJP warranty when it comes to playfields. We are way down the list for a LE and I am actually liking it. It means we get time to see if the issues are resolved or not.

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

At this point, I wish they would do like Stern and remove the artwork also. The rest of the playfield is beautiful, it just can't withstand pinpoint direct pressure or lateral pressures at small focus points. Kind of like high heels on a hardwood floor... You're going to get marks and deformations...

Thank you for posting your playfield issues and fixes. It is still the same playfield issues from JJP as the last few years. It is people like you posting the issues that makes the rest of us more aware. Good on you.

#9718 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks addicted...While I don't like the issues and wish they were reveresed...it is what it is for now. I try to post the issues, but then try to arrive at fixes or solutions and make the best out of it instead of beating dead horses. I did write Barry Engler and he told me he was addressing the production line about the problem with possible over torqued posts, however, I'm afraid it's deeper than the assembly process and needs a deep internal look at the playfield manufacturing process at its core.
Stern adjusted their playfields mid cycle on the JP rollout, at the same time Wonka was shipping with the same pooling issues..and I got a JP playfield with thin clear and no art around the posts...It has been solid to this day.
I think JJP needs to halt the assembly line...take the hit and ship the playfields back to Mirco and get them to either redesign the post/art points or look elsewhere for a supplier.
I will continue to play my machine warts and all, it is a beautiful glassy playfield, albeit on the slightly soft under pressure side...

JJP will not stop production, people are screaming for their games as most people are not on Pinside and would not notice pooling and chipping. That is the sad reality of the situation. JJP and Mirco know it. We do not want to let a bit of pooling or chipping stop us from enjoying the hobby either. The best machines ever made have come out in the last few years, we want to enjoy them.

#9778 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I would not buy, if I were you. Move on to another thread.

I will reword that just for you.

I am happy to buy if I see that JJP are looking after the few playfield defects. I am a fan of the game and I like this owners club very much.

Remember.... snow flakes melt. (sarcasm)

#9779 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

No troll here but I was advising a possible troll of moving along... maybe my sarcasm did not come thru?

No sarcasm did not come through as we are not mind readers. (sarcasm)

#9781 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

you seem to be an expert at all else tho... sorry thought that was also in your bag of tricks.

Thanks!

#9810 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm just going to post all the areas with pics because it's easier than describing as there are alot
About 5 of these areas I have are treated with the iron
The guitar neck was not pooling but the hex screw in the bare wood scared me after I had to remove the upper playfield to replace my Spotlights, so I put a small washer there as well
Some areas I had to use metal washers due to size limitations
Most areas got the 3/4 " PETG clear treatment[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for sharing. Great job!

#9863 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Posted these on the other thread. Unacceptable for a new game.
[quoted image]

So sorry to see that. Could I please ask what did JJP say?

#10020 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It pains me a lot that all the conversation is now playfields and not strategy, enjoying the game, etc.

It is because a lot of us are waiting for our games. We are genuinely concerned about playfield issues and questioning our purchases.

We have had more than our fair share of shit playfields and I am not sure I can put myself through all that BS again. Especially the part where I am made to feel like it is my fault that I have got a shit playfield.

I plan to discuss with our distro options before we make the final payment and accept the game. There are just way too many people that have the same playfield issues.

#10171 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Maybe because no-one has posted this as a solid solution to the problem as yet?

Or maybe people have not been in the hobby long enough to realize that there are already solutions out there?

swinks is a great guy and an Aussie. Reach out to him and I am sure he can show you the way.

#10189 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is a flyer released today for a project I was involved in and Pinball Bazaar will release more when the time is right.
[quoted image]

That is awesome mate, Congratulations!..

1 week later
#10792 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
Never thought i'd need this as part of my pinball toolkit, but gotta sweep up all the flakes of paint on the playfield after adding more fucking washers.

Well that is just shit.

1 week later
#11179 2 years ago

Quoted from mbwalker:

I posted this on the other JJP thread the other day. Just from a quick google search.
[quoted image]
Edit: Here's a place that sells the flanged sleeves: https://www.mcmaster.com/spacers/multipurpose-flanged-sleeve-bearings/[quoted image]

Why not just leave the posts out of the machine all together?

Has anyone tried this to see what happens?

#11187 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yea - I took the upper playfield post out and laid down a circle mylar around the hole. Game plays fine without it.
I dialed down the pop power to the lowest setting, so I havenā€™t removed the pop post yet. I put the mylar circle down and have a petg washer ready, but I ordered a longer shank post from PBL so that I could have plenty of bite in the T-Nut. Will probably lock nut it too if enough is sticking out of the T-Nut.

Thanks very much for the info. I think we will go this way as well. Leave the posts out all together for now.

Macca101010 What do you think?

#11338 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

This pretty much confirms it - JJP is just silently implementing mitigation measures to minimize the damage to the crap Mirco fields. Whether or not they're using the info they read here on Pinside (oh, you KNOW they're reading Pinside all the time, right?) or they are figuring this stuff out on their own, I guess we'll never know. Because they haven't said a peep about anything.
But know this: any of you who are sharing your fixes for things and those fixes get used on the production line, you are essentially "working" for JJP without getting paid. They are basically using Pinside as a crowd-sourced supply of brains and info on the cheap.
That's nice.

A club thread is for owners and fans of the game. There are plenty of other threads for you to spew your hatred on.

You are just getting rid of good people from the forum and giving yourself a bad name.

#11494 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Play field protectors are an embarrassment

It is the shitty playfields from JJP that is the embarrassment. This issue needs to be fixed. Some people like playfield protectors and some do not. That is the beauty of the hobby, you can do whatever you like to customise your machine.

#11499 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are wasting your breath trying to teach that one manners.

yes, I see what you mean.

Thanks.

1 week later
#11738 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seems funny all you guys supporting Marco for fixes to the issues they've caused.
Brilliant plan from them of course to onsell the bits to fix there own fuckups.

Two completely different businesses mate.

Marco
Mirco

2 weeks later
#12443 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Those better looking posts still pooled on my Wonka and still need washers IMO. You could just use the Pinball Life silicone ones. The replacement posts are better than the factory posts but donā€™t solve the issues of the really problematic high impact t-nut posts in the pops and upper PF. The replaced posts in the inlanes arenā€™t really high impact.

Just remove the posts completely if you can mate. No post = no pooling. That is the plan for pur Gunners when we get it.

#12478 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think those posts are there for a reason though; I predict the rollover switches will get bent if you remove them.

Welcome back!

#12480 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Defeat design purpose ?

If it stops the playfield falling apart, yes.

#12481 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No harm in removing this post - will just make the lock shot really easy I guess.
[quoted image]
But youā€™re right on these ones - I think the switches will cop a beating from sideways hits from the pops. Could change them for Mag Reed Switches.
[quoted image]

We are still a few months away from getting our game and I am just thinking about different solutions.

#12554 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Well shit. After about 500 plays after installing the PETG washers I am now seeing pooling in two places. The left ball guide by left spinner and the bare post inlane by the amp lights.
The inlane post had significant pooling and playfield paint was cracked. I removed the post and washer and tried to flatten with the iron. Although this removed the ripple it made a bit more of the paint chip away.
I covered the area with some Mylar and added a second silicone washer under the PETG and put the post back on. Iā€™ll be keeping an eye on it. Shit
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So sorry to see this. I feel for you and hope everything turns out OK. Shitty feeling, I have had it a few times now.

Could you please let us know the build date of your machine?

Thanks and all the best.

#12556 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. April 2021 build.

I sincerely wish you well.

Thanks!

#12744 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. April 2021 build.

I sincerely wish you well.

Thanks!

Quoted from cooked71:

Just unboxed my CE, and pleased to say the Playfield is amazing. Plenty of washers and absolutely no pooling at all. Iā€™ll be protecting every post before playing though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Enjoy.

#12865 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^ theres at least 4 NIB LE with the same trough Opto issues in UK so far.
Seems to be a known issue..

How are your playfields holding up? Did your playfields have the washer kits installed from the factory?

Our games will be arriving in Australia soon. Just deciding what to do and how to handle the situation.

#12870 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Container arrived full of pins and anxious owners.
All LEs are May builds with March build playfields.
Washers and longer posts with t+ lock nuts fitted from JJP.
CEs are cheese
LEs are all starting to chip, mainly at the pop bumper posts.
Letā€™s just say owners are pissed off!

Thank you very much for the honest feedback, I really appreciate it.

I feel your pain, this has happened to us a few times. It is honestly one of the worst feelings as pinball is such a passionate hobby and it costs so much money to buy a game.

Hopefully JJP makes this right for all you guys.

#12923 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This should lighten things up a bit [quoted image]

If you live in Australia and reqlly want a CE just buy one from the USA and import it yourself. It is not that hard. Probably cost you AUD $28K max.

#12926 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

You will be up for a little more than that with import costs and freight charge. But yeah it'll still come in at way less than the current highway robbery going on in OZ......

No one is buying at those prices, they are just being dickheads.

#12966 2 years ago

Has anyone changed the colour of the t mould on the headbox of their LE? Post some pics if you have please.

#12984 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Are you certain itā€™s T molding ?
I damaged mine. When my distributer contacted JJP they said it was heat molded on to the back box and they didnā€™t have the new molding to send.

No I am not sure if it is T Mould or not. We are still a few months away from our game so just exploring options. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

#13061 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Why would i want two fucked playfields?

I'd be tempted if it was another playfield company and they could demonstrate they had fixed the problem.

In years to come, people are going to want to replace playfields on these games. If the playfields are out of production, blank re cleared playfields will be worth money.

Rumor is JJP are changing playfield manufacturer. I sincerely hope this is correct.

#13065 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP HAS to find a solution. Mirco has messed up 3 pins in a row, spanning YEARS. Even if JJP is buying from two vendors as they test a transition, it's better than doing nothing to address it at all like they have these past 3-4 years.

I agree. JJP could be buying from 2 vendors right now and we would not know. JJP need to address their issues. We like the idea of having a spare playfield. Gives lots of options later on.

2 weeks later
#13810 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Is that pooling around the post in your picture..inside the red circle? Or a petg washer?

Looks like another game with pooling. Such a shame.

#13818 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The part he circled was a plastic. Are we going to freak out about washer marks on those too, now?

I am not freaking out, just working out what to do with our LE when it turns up. A bit of pooling and chipping has not stopped us buying any games. If I can do anything to minimise it, I am going to.

Maybe check the photo again and you will see a post with pooling.

#13819 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

About 100 games in so far. Took me a while to get a feel for things, but starting to understand it a bit better now. Itā€™s really a unique ruleset. I can see why experienced players who play a couple of games on location walk away scratching their heads. But the more I play this, the more I can feel this one getting under my skin.

Glad you are liking the game!

#13833 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't see posts at all other than the ones in the plastic.
[quoted image]

Try the first photo with the piece of plastic stopping the ball getting stuck. Hopefully you are looking at the correct photos!

#13858 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't see posts at all other than the ones in the plastic.
[quoted image]

This one. Bottom right hand corner of the photo.

gunners.post.pdfgunners.post.pdf

#13860 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok. Congrats?

I am being crystal clear. You could not see the correct photo so I re posted it for you.

#14044 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

After a long wait itā€™s finally here!
Manufacturing date May 2021
[quoted image]

Congrats mate! New Pin day for you!

Please let us know what you think of the game.

#14058 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Mentioned this before, but just re-posting since thees been a few new unboxings since. You guys should be replacing those problematic 10-32 t-nuts with these:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=4410-01118-00
From memory there are only 3 of the really problem posts - the upper PF post (top right near the lane that feeds the guitar neck) and the 2 posts above the pops, just below the AXL lanes.
In these posts they,ve used short/small 10-32 t-nuts and shorter posts that dont protrude below the PF. These are very high impact posts so the post would work itself loose and then the wiggle room caused by using a small and short t-nut and short post resulted in alot of movement and severe chipping around the posts.
Later builds they've changed to a longer post, with a Nylon nut unnderneath, but still the same small t-nut. Whilst better, this small t-nut will allow for movement on those posts because they are so high impact.
The 10-32 t-nut with 7-16 shaft height linked above almost comes to the surface of the pf and the baseplate is much bigger. Combined with the longer posts that extend through the pf and a nut on the underside, this will eliminate most movement. You can see here the OG JJP t-nut on the left and the replacement Marco one on the right.
[quoted image]
My personal approach for these 3 posts was:
- Larger t-nut
- Longer post (as linked in above posts)
- Mylar
- Petg washer
- Small metal washer to stop the post pulling through the PETG washer
They are rock solid.
Note that the BW style posts also mentioned here are not suitable for these 3 problem posts as they use t-nuts and the BW posts are still much smaller than the hole diameter because of the t-nut. The BW posts are definitely a recomended replacment for ALL the other through hole (ie. non t-nut) posts on the PF. I swapped them all - it's quite a few.

That is really good info. Thanks for taking the time to post, appreciate it.

#14121 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm saying maybe_. Don't assume negative intent.
I honestly do not believe JJP is shipping stuff with damage like this on purpose...because yes, it would not be good business.
It does look fixable so I'd at least try since that takes 5 minutes. If it's not fixable I'd request a sticker.

Have you repaired any decals? It is not as easy to fix as you think. Once they are stretched, they are fucked. Remove, start again. Replacing a side decal would take at least a few hours, not 5 minutes.

I do agree with you it is not on purpose but I fully agree with punkin that the workers and QC managers in the factory do not give a fuck. This has not happened in the container to Australia, it left the factory like that.

Lets see how the Aussie distro handles these few issues. That is after all what determines a good business relationship, how issues are resolved.

#14126 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, it completely depends on the nature of the bubble. At any rate I hope it's resolved to your satisfaction.
I really wish Radcals were the norm. Those things are really, really hard to mess up.
I had some scrapes on a POTC decal and bought a Radcal set to cover them with. Came out super sweet.

That is good to know about the Radicals.. Thanks!

#14127 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Itā€™s like the laminating has lifted from the vinyl. It flattened a little but still creased.
Paul is sorting this out for me.

Great feedback. That is good news.

#14393 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First rule of pinball production Vic.....never admit there is a problem and never admit it was your fault.

And then, blame the end user..

1 week later
#14684 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

you also have mirror blades? How do they fit with the slim-to-none room between the pf and sides? any scratches? concerns?

Get yourself a set of these:

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

You will never scratch a mirror or art blade again.

#14778 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hereā€™s the Marco link:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4410-01118-00
Weird thing is the description said 7/16 barrel height, but thereā€™s a 2nd pic in the listing that sais 9/32 barrel height.
The ones I received are definitely 7/16.
And apparently PSPA sell them here according to the description:
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/4410-01118-00.html
But for either supplier you better check with them what the actual height of the barrel is as apparently some are being sent with short barrels.

Good info,

Thanks mate!

1 week later
#15233 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't received the game yet, but it looks like JJP may be using the PETG washers on new builds now, so I may or may not have to do that part. The posts will be the Bally/Williams ones that have the thicker base to better fill up the playfield holes, from my B/W parts drawer.

We do not have our game either but a friend of ours got his a few days ago.

The holes in the playfields for all the posts have been made smaller and all the posts are a tight fit (you have to screw them in). Game was delivered with black PETG washers already fitted on all the posts.

2 weeks later
#15821 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Not sure if this helps with anything but mine has a born on date of 9/21 and my Serial is 2441

Serial number on your machine or serial number on your LE plate?

#15858 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Iā€™m still waiting for my machine, but Iā€™m planning on putting it in my band practice room. My PA system is setup in there so just I HAVE to connect it to that to experience it. I have two 15ā€ subwoofers and two 15ā€ PA speakers with over 2000 continuous watts of power total. Should be interesting. LOL

Could you please let us know how you do it? We plan on hooking ours into our stereo and big screen tv if possible.

I am hoping the process is just a few cables and connections.

#15871 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Oh right, Iā€™m an idiot, here is all three
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! We are excited to ger our LE. Hopefully before Christmas in Australia. You have a Sept built game and the 2044th LE off the line. Thanks for sharibg the info

I find it very interesting that production has caught up to sales and you guys in the USA can just buy a game and have it delivered straight away.

#15963 2 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I have 2 GNR LEā€™s in stock and ready to ship. PM if interested. (Official JJP distributor based out of Michigan)

What do you think about that @vespula? Still think that production has not caught up? Ask you distro how long it will take to get one if you order today.

#16229 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Look what I got
#2236 ordered 10 weeks ago.[quoted image]

Congrats! Not too long to wait either.

#16554 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh no,
6 like wow, awesome !
Im lucky to get 3
I can see my game getting better.
This is the most relaxing multiball game I have ever played. Sterns are just crazy, full on, but GnR just feels so good. I think once I get my heat problems sorted out I'll be in with a chance of decent scores.
My vision is ordinary at best and GnR is the only pinball that I can play comfortably in the dark. This is not possible on my Sterns , just too hard to see the ball.
GnR is such a great game, I still maintain its killing my Sterns
[quoted image]

Awesome collection of music pins. Congrats!

#16731 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Farmer style!! # 1776 showed today, bicentennial number is pretty cool. Sept build , no issues at all. What a great game!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! No feeling like new pin day.

Please let us know what you think of the game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 weeks later
#17849 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

GNR 2258 is in the house
The game is magnificent .
The game works 100% out of the box .
It came with a European power cord and I couldn't find the remote control
Can't recommend Paul enough at Pinball sales Australia . He made everything so easy and you know you can buy with confidence .
The Playfield has the new fixes and looks perfect .
Still have to add cliffy's , mirror blades , pin woofer , ect .
The wife loves it and has the second highest score
I have no idea what I'm doing and that left ramp is harder to hit than it looks .
Rolls-Royce , Chaka and others , I need a little bit more practice before I start issuing challenges
And Fish Tales finally has a friend again .
BTW what patch do you need for patience
Almost a year to the day , well worth the wait [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats mate! I do not want to get too excited but I think our game was on the same ship. Hopefully we will have ours soon as well.

#17851 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , I saw yours there , looking good

Awesome.. We are pumped for this game.

Did they say when was it getting picked up?

#17853 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not sure about that , hopefully it's not too bumpy on a long ride .

Ha Ha! It has been a long bumby ride ordering and waiting for the game. A few more bumps are not going to make much difference!

#17855 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Billy Pearce drives around the bumps, don't worry.

I have never worried about Billy... I am not going to start now. He does a fantastic job. Best pinball mover in Australian East Coast by a county mile.

#17874 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

You should also take down the YouTube videos I watched then.

PinMonk is trying to show you the easiest way. There are different ways of doing the same job. You do not have to listen if you do not want to. I am sure Pinmonk will be here to help you when/if you stuff it up.

1 week later
#18145 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Ha! If you think these rules are too complicated. Avoid GZ.

AIQ has been the hardest Stern for me to learn ever. 600 games in and I am only just starting to click with the rule set. I am looking forward to learning GunnersLE. I think GunnersLE is one of the best looking pinball machines ever made. punkin happily brought his LE along to Pinfest in Newcastle to share the game with everyone. I could not stop admiring the game and how good it looked in person.

#18169 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry to be a downer guys... I'll work on this over the weekend.

No need to apologize. There are some very switched on people here. I am sure there will be someone that can help you.

#18174 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks... I know this too, and now that I've had my 2 weeks of pure fun it's time to get to rolling up the sleeves! I'll install my cliffies as extra punishment. Lol.
Stay tuned....

Have fun and good luck!

#18240 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Good question .
Australian distributor says he hasn't had any issues with the later build games , take that for what it's worth .
I didn't do anything , so far so good , Touchwood
I'm just keeping an eye on it like , vespula says .

Great feedback. How many games have you put on your machine so far? We still have not played ours as we have a bit too much going on. We always fit Cliffys and whatever other protection is needed before we plunge a ball.

#18243 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

About 60 , I have a little bit of Mylar lifting , which went over the top of a washer , I have to lift the washer and tuck it under .
I also have to put the cliffy's on .
Make sure the two screws on the shaft of the diverter are really tight and it's at its highest position , mine took a few hits to the Playfield but you can't see it so it's no big deal .
I asked Paul about the posts and washers , he said the last ones have been good and to save my money .

Awesome.. Thanks very much. Appreciate it.

1 week later
#18579 2 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Anyone know where this plugs into? Just finished putting on my cliffies and canā€™t remember this one. The cable has 3 purple wires and 1 green and is coming from the flipper area led board. Everything seems to be working fine so may be free standing but thought I would check. Thanks.
[quoted image]

We are doing ours too!

16398018619592421327340306428449 (resized).jpg16398018619592421327340306428449 (resized).jpg
#18604 2 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Doing some tinkering while the game is off route. . .
Feel like the machine could use a few more USB ports JJP. . .
[quoted image]

If you would like to share, I would like to know how you put the display om your big screen. We want to do that at home.

#18612 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Pretty sure it's just a cable into one of the HDMI outlets in the back box .
I have to get a 10mm cable to do mine .

Thanks!

#18613 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You probably need a HDMI splitter too.

Thanks!

4 weeks later
#19425 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Loving my GnR. I just added a nice HUO AC/DC Premium to the lineup Friday night. GnR is the far superior game, but AC/DC is a great game too. Who else owns them both, and what are your thoughts?
[quoted image]

We have both... ACDC has been in our collection for 6 years, Gunners for 6 weeks. If I had to pick which one I like better right now it would be ACDC.

#19469 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep prices are mental , especially when you can order it from the distributor and save 6k , but if you want it now
[quoted image]

There was a nice one for sale in VIC yesterday for $15.5K. Bargain in today's market.

#19523 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Any feedback on the playfield protector from Germany for this game? Iā€™m getting a new build game (hopefully this month) and Iā€™m thinking the Cliffy full set should be enough but wanted to see if there was any feedback on the protector?
1. Was it difficult to install on this game?
2. How is your game holding up?
Iā€™m not looking to start a debate (some people love these protectors and others hate them - we all get it). Just curious on any real world experience and feedback.
I have 9 games and have only installed a protector on 3 of them. Considering it for GNRā€¦. but very much feel I could go either way and would appreciate feedback and advice. I like how they keep my games cleaner as much if not more than how they protect the playfield so Iā€™m somewhat coming at it from that angle.

We bought a protector to put on our game but decided against it. We have a protector on nearly every other game we own. The protector is personal preference, it is your game so you can do what ever you like to it.

The reason we decided against it on Gunners is because the protector does nothing to stop the pooling and chipping and protect the playfield from this. Our thinking is we are going to buy a spare playfield once they become available and go down that route if required later on. Our game is a Sept 21 build and we have had to hair dry some pooling down, if a protector was fitted, this process would have been much harder. We have less than 50 plays on our machine.

Hope this helps you make your decision a little easier.

1 week later
#19819 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl DeAngelo is streaming GnR LE tonight. He has an advance magnet cooler and diverter cooler on this machine, and he may be measuring temps, not sure.
But the important part is he's giving away free pinmonk quiet fan kits and t-shirts as prizes all month long, and tonight is no exception. You need to get in within the first 30 minutes (i.e. before 7:30pm PST) and make your contest entry which is usually something related to the game. Once he achieves said contest item, he awards the prizes, usually about an hour or hour and a half after the close of contest entries.
Stream is here, starts at 7pm PST:
http://twitch.tv/iepinball

Will you have a magnet cooler and diverter cooler to buy on your site anytime soon?

#19823 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It's still being field tested while I wait for some hardware I need to include with the kit for the diverter install (they're a set, magnet and diverter). Shouldn't be too much longer, though. It DOES require that you have a Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit already installed since that's where it gets the power.

Awesome, I will wait and buy the whole lot at once. Postage to Australia hurts!

#19830 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even getting packages to Australia is a pain in pandemic times. Not as terrible as post-Brexit UK, but still pretty bad. Used to be pretty straightforward. Not anymore.

We are all good and happy to wait. We have found DHL worldwide express to be the best for USA to Australia. So far everything we have put through them has turned up and the service has been very good.

#19927 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Haha definitely my favourite playing pin produced at this stage, #bestgameever pinballaddicted extendo

Looks like some scorbit challenges coming up!

#19958 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm still waiting on Paul to get back to me on a number of things
Anyone in Australia have the official Artblades yet?

We are still waiting for ours

#19967 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Goodbye cruel game.
[quoted image]

Let us know if you miss her!

#19970 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Unlikely. Didn't play it since i brought it back from Pinfest in November except in comp here.
Onwards and upwards.

Time for a new game then.. It is all part of the fun.

#20113 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

As an aside, does one get a special achievement first time you see this?[quoted image]

First thing I think of when I see that.... Playfield issues.

Then I think pooling and chipping. Then I think hair dryer, Iron, Mylar rings. Then I think... all you need to do is move the artwork back away from all the pressure points and the issues will go away and yet you still have not done that.

#20121 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I agree, not the kind of achievement any of us would want or should have to pay for...
After 15-20 hours, all posts removed, all post holes iron'ed out and UV'ed, some combination of mylar/kevlar/PETG/washers on everything now, old style posts replaced with BW posts, and 3 problematic posts replaced with larger t nuts. Cliffy's installed, new rubbers all around, and a complete cleaning/waxing, What a royal PITA.
Most importantly, no extra parts and no missing parts (!!!) and game plays great!
Shouldn't have to do any of this for a modern pin, but very glad that I've done my part to protect this gem of a game. MANY MANY thanks for all those here that blazed the trail on bullet proofing this pin, and so kindly posted all the details. My CE would have slowly destroyed itself without me even knowing if it weren't for you guys.

Great to hear that you are on top of your issues. We are slowly getting there. We purposely waited for a later build LE hoping to avoid the issues.

We have already put in a full set of Cliffys, removed all the posts, put in Silicon washers and PETG, Hair dryed one pooling post, adjusted the orbits so the ball lands on the flippers, We are currently rebuilding the flippers (all the factory flippers had no gap to the flipper bushing and were binding up ), screws fell out of our spotlights and we still have not played 100 games yet. As soon as Pinmonk puts all the fans up, we intend to put all them on too. I am really looking forward to having a good go on our machine soon.

There are some absolute champions that are always on Pinside and always helping others get their games playing right and bulletproofed. I would not enjoy the hobby no where near as much without their help. Good on Pinside for bringing us all together.

1 week later
#20325 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Thanks again Hayfarmer. Just to confirm, all stock rubbers are clear/milky white (other than flippers)?

We have done most of our machine in Titan Grey. If you want a photo, please let me know and I will post one!

1 month later
#21178 2 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Dumb quick question that has a lot of backstory that is hard to spell out here in detail...
Does the transformer on anyones machine hum fairly loudly, or is it just mine? Like to describe the volume, you can hear it when no game audio is going on, but its drowned out when you're playing easily.

Ours is like that..

#21229 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

So I have replaced the coil and fuse but as soon as turn on the game and close the coin door the flipper coil immediately fires and doesn't stop. Obviously this is how the original coil burnt out. Any ideas on what steps I should take next to diagnose or fix this issue?

I am assuming you have checked the flipper switch to make sure it is not stuck on.

Talk to Paul. It sounds like you may have blown a transistor on the driver board for the left flipper.

Good luck.

#21234 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Paul is useless mate, his after sales support is none existent. Apparently you have to keep your JJP pinball forever else he cracks the shits and doesn't want to deal with you ever again.

That is a shame. The game is new and should be covered under warranty. We have had a lot of issues with our Gunners too.

PinMonk is a gun and really knows his way around the game. He has given you all the onfo you need to fix it.

Killer collection mate!

#21260 2 years ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

is there a full playfield protector for gnr like is availalbe for godzilla ? i would like to better preserve my playfield from dimples longer term and am thinking this is a good thing to do unless there is a better informed opinon .

Yes. There is a full playfield protector available for Gunners. The protector does a good job but will not help with pooling or chipping. A protector is personal choice. If you want one put it on, if not leave it off. We have games with them on and games without them on. They all play the same if you wax them.

#21284 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

My right spotlight won't go up and down. What's my best bet to fix that??? Thank you

I would check the simplest thing first. Make sure the screw holding the servo has not come loose.

2 months later
#21966 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'm guessing your CE playfield is Fucked as well ?
Fucking Mirco Shit ![quoted image]

You can put that into the beauty salon... Blow dry, nail polish and some washers..

#21972 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, I have mate
Frustrating having to do this on a 20k + machine

I agree, it is shitty. Sometimes some games need more pampering than others.

We have had a few issues with ours as well. I still love the game!

#21974 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Agree mate, the game is awesome and I love it !
I have sacrificed at least 20 hours of my life to fix short comings failures of a product that is priced at a premium.
Disappointing to say the least.

Ha ha.. We have put in more hours than that. It is a shame there are so many games with issues. It is not just the CEs and early LEs, ours is a later build LE. Our game is really enjoyable to play now, I can see why so many people sell their games.

1 month later
#22363 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Follow the below stepsā€¦
1. Select fender patch
2. Plunge for skill shot
3. Hit drum ramp or spinner to the left of scoop depending on flipper
4. Lock all the balls you can, which will probably result in light multi
5. Keep hitting ramps (youā€™ll probably get the patch here, and end up getting both keyboards)
6. Back down to 1 ball? Go after whatever band member is missing
7. Got every band member? Lock balls till you get six which will automatically start the song
8. Hit lit shots, and scoop when green. Dump the ball in the pops when you hear the band frenzy call out
9. Is jackpot above 2 million, and the scoop is green. Drain down to 1 ball and hit the scoop
10. Cash out
GnR is all about pushing your luck. Cash out when you are happy with the jackpot.
Once you can do 1-10 above, focus on the other pieces. Build the score boost by completing all 4 multiballs before starting the song. Complete other beneficial patches before going into the song. Keep the song going and get applause jackpot. Always dump the balls in the pops during band frenzy. Lock balls during the song to get a ball added and allow you to make the shots you need easier.
Youā€™ll get to the point where 20 mil, 60 mil, 100 mil arenā€™t even considered good games. Happy flipping

Thanks very much for the tips.. So far my best score is 18M. Hopefully will be much better now!

#22364 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just came here to say this is the most frustrating pinball machine I have ever played. If I wasn't a big GNR fan it'd be gone already. Can't score over 2 million and all I do is swear at it lol

Love / hate is the best pinball machine relationship to have.. Makes you want to go back for more!

3 weeks later
#22686 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone in Australia have their name down for a new playfield? When will we get them?

We have, not sure when they will arrive. We have our name down for lower and upper playfields. I am sure Paul can let you know if he has been informed.

1 month later
#22920 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Well I donā€™t get the hate for this game. Itā€™s not as magical as wonka but itā€™s no slouch either. Refreshingly different I would say.

Haters are always going to hate so I would not worry about any of them.

Issue has been that a lot of games have needed a fair bit of work straight out of the box to get the game playing nice.

3 weeks later
#23229 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Found this screw in the cabinet , it looks familiar , any ideas .
[quoted image]

It belongs on the coin door. It is for mounting the coin mech.

1666510364050863493087143569359 (resized).jpg1666510364050863493087143569359 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#23905 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Happy New Years everyone .
Got some people coming over tonight , so Gunners will get a good workout

Happy New Year! We hope you all have a great time bringing in the New Year!

2 weeks later
#24132 1 year ago

Hey guys. I have found a broken capacitor in the bottom of the cabinet on our GunnersLE.
Any ideas on where to go looking to see where it has broken off from?
Thanks..

16741705572057163627051120652536 (resized).jpg16741705572057163627051120652536 (resized).jpg16741706249012928921641632644634 (resized).jpg16741706249012928921641632644634 (resized).jpg16741706648443917570718290474957 (resized).jpg16741706648443917570718290474957 (resized).jpg
#24134 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd start by looking at the lights boards since they are hanging upside down.

Thanks @LTG. That is where I am looking but nothing yet. What is the worst thing that can happen? A blown fuse? A blown LED?

#24136 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mushroom cloud over your neighborhood.

Most likely something stops working. I doubt anything serious.

Thanks, very much appreciated!

3 weeks later
#24343 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

I feel really dumb but I simply don't understand how the skill shot works. Can someone please explain?

We had issues with our skill shot too. Turned out we had to recalibrate the ball sensors under the playfield. There is a post in this thread somewhere how to do it.

What is meant to happen is you soft plunge the ball, without hitting the target, and only just up to the light for the skill shot. The screen will show you which light you need to plunge to. Similar to TZ skill shot.

1 month later
#25115 1 year ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

I installed a cliffy on my scoop and regretted it. Not only did it bend up and I had to remove it, straighten it and reinstall it multiple times, but it was doing more harm then good. The cliffy put minor scratches in that mylar right infront of the scoop where it says "START". I went back to the factory protector and that bends up a little and I struggle to keep it flat. I used two sided tape which works for a while, but it still comes loose. I will say it was stuck pretty good from the factory and I wish I just left it alone.
Mine was made January 2022 and had some washers under posts from the factory but I replaced them anyway with the PETG along with installing the washers under every post. For the most part I didn't get pooling, but some posts did. It's easy to fix if dealt with early enough. I just warmed the playfield with a heat gun and also a heated a spoon. Then I could just press the pooled clear flat again with the spoon and it looks good again. So just keep an eye on it and if you notice pooling, just carefully heat it and press it back down. If it chips, then just use some touch up paint with a fine brush or even toothpick. I had a little chip by the pops and had to touch it up with some paint. Once I put the washer back it was barely noticeable.

No issue with our Cliffy. We fitted ours before we plunged a ball. Playfields in this game are ... well . Shit is the best description I have. Pooling and chioping is unacceptable. We have our name down to buy replacements but as per normal.. looks like yet another "owners fault".senario. Owner fault because we bought a JJP. Never again.

If you want to sit there repainting your playfield, more power to you.

16804026659672575142961020027131 (resized).jpg16804026659672575142961020027131 (resized).jpg
#25121 1 year ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

Pooling and chipping aside, I find the playfield quality pretty good. 11 layer plywood. Nicely finished on both sides. Nice art printing. No lifted inserts. Not warped. Shiny and evenly applied clearcoat. It could be worse. To be shit quality would be bad sanding job, poor printing and clearcoat application, inserts popping up, warped wood, ect. I do agree the clearcoat shouldn't be pooling in the first place and the art shouldn't lift up and chip, but this isn't the silk screened and hard clearcoat from the 90's. Its printed art that doesn't stick as good to wood and coated by what I'm guessing is some environmentally friendly water based clearcoat that's inferior to the stuff that Williams used. I wish the pooling and chipping was never an issue to began with and for what these things cost, it should not be something us owners should deal with. But in my opinion its a minor issue that can be repaired with some heat and paint. I'd take that over a truly bad quality playfield where the wood is warped, the inserts pop out, and the artwork peels off in large chunks. I own a pinball machine for entertainment and a little pooling and chipping wont make it any less entertaining or fun. It's like a owning a sports car and getting rock chips in the paint, its going to happen when you drive it, just accept it and touch them up and keep driving it. In a way the more that car gets chipped, scratched, and dented, the more fun it becomes because you wont be as concerned with trying to keep it perfect and being paranoid every time it leaves the garage.

I beg to differ but each to their own. That is the beauty of this hobby! Buy a CGC, Stern or AP and you do not need to go through this shit.

If you want to keep sending your game to the beauty salon good for you.

#25126 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Iā€™m totally fine and happy with my Cliffy free GNR and its playfield and the whole build. Haters gonna hate though. Thanks for airing your grievances with us. You sound frustrated and angry. Sorry for your loss. Be well. Life will go on, with or without your happiness.

I am actually all good and I love the game. I not frustrated and I am not angry. You make way too many assumptions. Just because I am never buying a JJP again does not make me a hater. It just means I have my money where my mouth is. If you like owning a flogged out machine, good for you.

Maybe use your counselling expertise on a pinsider that may ask for it?

1 week later
#25245 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You're in luck , there's a NIB LE on Gumtree
[quoted image]

That is just craziness. Probably why the game has been for sale for such a long time.

#25255 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It gets better than that
[quoted image]

Ha ha.. Liar too. There are 5 KISSLEs in Aus from Kiss Army. That price is a joke.

1 month later
#25498 11 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

Thanks you for posting this. Such good info. Where would we all be without Pinside giving us all connections with great Pinsiders!

1 month later
#25655 9 months ago
Quoted from altan:

[quoted image]

First time we are uploading beta code. We have had the game since December 2021.

When downloading the beta code, does the machine need to do all the beta code drops that were previously released? Currently our machine is downloading beta22 code.

#25657 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Thanks LTG!

Looks like it will be a while before I can have a game!

#25686 9 months ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So anything noticeably new in the new beta now that people have some games on it?

The light show is a little bit better IMO. I love the game, no one else plays ours except me so I cannot help you any further than that.

#25687 9 months ago

Hey guys,

I downloaded the update and now have this message

What do I do next?

16883357125925087096265069852045 (resized).jpg16883357125925087096265069852045 (resized).jpg
#25689 9 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Happens every boot? If so..
Maybe pull the USB wifi from the USB cable near the cabinet woofer, plug in a keyboard and hit enter to pass?
Found this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/293#post-6481789

Yes, happens every boot.

Thanks for the info, I will try this and report back.

#25693 9 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Crack the root password so we can start making our own code updates

I am flat out getting anything to happen. My wife has gone to buy a new wifi keyboard as the one we plugged in does not work.

#25695 9 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ugh, keep the receipt.
Keep us posted. There's someone who can help solve on here no doubt.

Will do. It will be a couple of hours. No wifi keyboards in stock...

This is why I love pinside and nearly all pinsiders. The help here is outstanding.

#25697 9 months ago

WiFi keyboard ready and working. What do I do now?

Help needed.

16883549513397456571345694134045 (resized).jpg16883549513397456571345694134045 (resized).jpg
#25703 9 months ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

Can you try reflashing with the full download from jjp website?

Quoted from fooflighter:

Have you just tried hooking a computer to it and reformatting the hard drive and then re-uploading the jjp software?
Probably easier to just take the drive out of the back box unless you have a long enough sata cable

Jjp have informed me that I have to do a full install of the 1.25 ISO and accept the " factory reset " option that pops up during the full install to get the machine back to 1.25.

Could you please tell me where I would get the instructions on how to do this? JJP website? What di I need to complete the exercise?

#25705 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Go to the jjp website and go to support .
[quoted image]

Thanks mate..

#25708 9 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This may be the only method if this is a result of file or partition corruption on the SSD. If you can't type exit and press enter to continue like the screenshot says and it loops then I agree that's the next step.
Once the 1.25 production is installed from USB stick, you can enable beta again and work through those installs. I believe it'll take two from what I read earlier beta 22 will install first and then beta 35. Expect settings and scores will all be reset, but you'll be up and running again.
Unless file corruption is not the answer and it's actual SSD failure but let's not borrow trouble just yet.

I think The intent was to try and see if this is recoverable or something simple first. Not being familiar with this error and what the root cause is I think we were hoping to get some input from the collective mind here. Or at least confirmation that the only resolution is a full install with 1.25

You are correct. The machine loops and I cannot type anything. I am downloading everything I need now.

If I can get the game up and running again, I will stay on the normal software until an official release is made.

I was looking to use the collective mind for a faster or easier resolution.. Not my luck! My bad for updating to beta, machine worked fine before that.

#25709 9 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i bricked my TS4 the same way, if it gives you the "press both flippers to confirm full update" you have to do it or it reverts to that emergency mode screen you posted after the update.

This screen has a time out. I was working while I was updating and did not see it. The screen timed out and game went into emergency mode. Were your instructions the same? do a full install of the 1.25 ISO and accept the " factory reset " option that pops up during the full install to get the machine back to 1.25?

#25713 9 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well now that you're in a groove it's not too much to finish 1.25, enable beta and get to b35 since you already have the USB and download, and you're already fresh with the process, right?
because I suspect whatever gremlins were in yours are gone. And if lightning strikes twice going from 1.25 Then that's something JJP really would likely benefit from knowing.
Getting in the position you're at going through betas is not something We see happen or post about around here, it's so rare. I'm trying to think of one person that's posted your experience. I'm not trying to make you feel bad ...but you might want to go buy a lottery ticket.

I love the positivity! I also like knowing how to resolve game issues myself.. normally with the help of pinsiders.

I think I am going to stick with 1.25. I love playing the game, I do not like the hassles..

Game is not up and running yet.

#25715 9 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

While I liked the audio equalizer, special award activation, some of the light shows were unfinished...It's so Easy for example became unplayable as most of the lights go out randomly.
I also had ton's of shooter lane sensor errors and bugs in the game with the latest beta
I went back to 1.25 ..it's stable
I'm sticking with the official modes from now on
I just bumped the ballsaver up +2 seconds , increased the applause jackpot to 30 sec, turned the slings to max power (62 I think), put on precision flippers, installed pinmonks coil fans. Plays fast and furious. Only thing missing is some balancing score code / wizard modes and some polish. Would love to see more of the mystery awards activated which show but never become active. Tons of room for little tweaks, holding out hope.

Quoted from Vespula:

Look at you strolling in here and making a solid case to go back to 1.25... didn't know you even played gnr anymore, lol. Thx for the rundown, it's inspired me

Chaka2 , I forgot you aren't in the land of the lost anymore now that you got the crystals in your pylon in the right order

I think I'm going to back up my settings and try 1.25 after all this... I'm curious about a couple things.

Quoted from screaminr:

Go to the jjp website and go to support .
[quoted image]

Game is up and running again. My wife is playing it now.

Thanks for the help, we will be sticking with 1.25!

#25717 9 months ago
Quoted from DKong:

Thats great!! Great help here!!

You better believe it!

JJP were fantastic as well. Shout out to Steve!

#25752 9 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

It was on my toy story , I had to dl a full install to USB and plug it directly into a port on the computer , power on , wait for the download screen to give the press the flippers option and all was good again

Same.

We did a full USB update and the game is up and running again.

I must have missed the flipper part.. machine did everything by itself!

#25754 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Great news! Welcome back!

Thanks! Awesome game.. I play it nearly every day. My scores are no where near some of the scores I see in this thread..

#25756 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Donā€™t worry about scores. Just have fun!

I do!

#25760 9 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So I know people have said how having the ability to hit the left ramp with the left flipper is key, but I can not seem to make that shot happen unless I severely change the flipper angle upwards. This feels like cheating but also makes hitting the right outlane shot impossible too.
As is, if I hold the ball I can hit the ramp but it won't have enough speed to make it all the way up to the upper playfield. Are there any other adjustments that can be made to make this shot more doable?
I have precision flippers and bushings installed but wondering if something else can be done to make this more achievable without sacrificing the other shots. I'm even wondering if the type of flipper rubber being used might make a difference?! Or maybe changing the flipper return springs (I actually have Stern springs on because I was told they'd help make the flippers feel more "snappy" but maybe I need to revert back to JJP's springs)?
Grasping at straws here obviously but would love to get this sorted out if anyone has any suggestions!

We put our flippers back to stock position and then played with the flipper power. This is in the coil settings. We also upped the power on the right flipper. We had Stern return springs on as well but have gone back to the standard BW ones. It is definitely a frustrating machine if you cannot make that shot from both flippers.

Good luck!

#25763 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

I know people that have put the Williams ramp coils on (29ā€™s).

I though about putting bigger flipper coils on. I do not want to keep mucking around with the game, I want to play it.

We have PinMonk fans, our flippers work great.

#25833 9 months ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

One JJP and no more, it's the worst pinball that i have, all time problems, imposible to play without any alarm or failure.

It is the worst machine we have but I still love it. Spend a bit of time on it and you will get it going pretty good. I play ours nearly every day.

I think it is JJPs best game to date..

#25924 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not that stupid
But we can all agree , collectively , objectively and subjectively it is the worst art work ever .
It's almost 6 a.m. I'm drunk and going to bed .

No artwork is worse than Thunderbirds.. Only maybe Spinal Tap.

5 months later
#27268 3 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do any of tbe board repair gurus know what the differences are between the pinball life replacement and the original board? Is it just different bridges?

2 weeks later
#27473 85 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just get the board, eyeballing them side by side there's a lot more to it than just the caps IMO.

So what else do you think is different?

#27495 83 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The 6800uf caps being used on the new board (from what i see in the pics posted) are rated at 3k hours at 85Ā°c. There are 6800uf caps available rated for 9k hours of service at 105Ā°c which is substantially better. Just an option to consider. All capacitors are rated for a finite number of service hours, including the ones originally in the machine. That doesn't mean they'll fail immediately after that time of course. It's a rough estimate/rating.

Could you kindly post a link to these better caps? I want to make sure we buy the correct ones. I like the idea of heavy duty.. Especially with Gunners ball times.

Thanks very much!

#27498 82 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I ordered 2 of these on recommendation.
I'm not an expert of these things.
I'm planning on a friend with Gunner kindly doing the work to my board after he does his.
https://mou.sr/42oO6Ew
He is doing his this weekend and he recommended those because they are heavier duty 105Ā°C rated caps rated for 9000 service hours and are only a couple bucks more. They are still 6800uf and 100v.

Thanks very much for sharing.

#27515 82 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I see that Vespula posted the link for you already. Those are the ones I ordered as well.

Thanks. I will.order some as well.

1 month later
#27823 48 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

No, factory settings. Actually think I turned them down a notch. The ball seems like it jumps off the diverter hole at top of left ramp quite a bit. Just had it jump over ramp wall and land in guitar neck power chord spot lol.

We have had a crack at an air ball protector. Not really successful yet so I will keep mucking around with it. It has stopped to balls flying onto the guitar lock and smashing into the hat.
Standard game, no capacitor upgrade, Pinmonk cooling fans.

17097643285333673369495472959717 (resized).jpg17097643285333673369495472959717 (resized).jpg
#27826 47 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Mine is factory as well, flippers even down a notch. Something with that gap at top of ramp causing the ball to get airborne. Let me know if you figure out an answer.

Yes, I agree that it is the gap for the diverter. I have slow mo videoed the ball and it smashes on the back lip of the ramp at the diverter and can end up anywhere! If it helps you I already mucked around with the diverter height. I found it to be the best when the diverter is dead level with the front and back of the ramp.

If I can come up with anything better I will definitely post.

Keep smiling!

#27830 47 days ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

I have made the same. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s better[quoted image]

That looks great.. especially as it is signed by Jack!

I am definitely going to keep working on it. I find that I enjoy the game a lot more when there are not too many rejects off the left ramp.

We played comp two nights ago and the Gunners also had an air ball protector similar to your version. I thought it worked quite well.

#27836 46 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

OK so my spotlight assy's finally gave out. I figure I'll take the opportunity to upgrade. I figure i am best off getting the servos from a local hobby store. For those of us in australia, does anyone know of a better option/supplier than this? https://pu-parts.com/jjp-guns-n-roses-spotlight-pu-upgrade-kit
thanks!

Paul from Pinball sales can sell you the correct replacement servos. He had stock the last time we bought some.

Buying from PU is difficult. You will need to get a shipito or sililiar PO address in Europe and then sent to you in Australia. Youhave more luck asking on Ausytalian FB page for someone to print you up the beefier kit.

Good luck.

#27840 46 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

ah thanks mate. Just chatted with Paul and he is out of stock (but will helpfully look into getting more). I have a mate with a 3D printer so i might look at that.

Pleasure mate. Importing and postage is really expensive at the moment as our dollar is crap and about to go crappier..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.