Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 3 years ago

JJP did a great job with GNR. Just a beautiful pinball. In a league of its own. Can’t wait to see it streamed tomorrow night.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I might have to sit out on watching streams for this one. I know it's coming home. Just the taste from sdtm had left me wanting so much more
Maybe just a little haha
This will be my first NIB jjp ever

I know how you feel. I watched the SDTM stream about 10 times now.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you mean, Ghostbusters, Batman 66, Star Wars, Elvira and Stranger Things to name but a few?

That’s funny stuff. Coffee came out my nose.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So to be clear... you're kinda on the fence with this one?

I love to see an honest opinion. Can’t want to get mine and have the game of the year. Hopefully by Thanksgiving.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Well said man. I don’t own one but love to read how excited everyone is and all the good stuff. Someone needs to direct that guy to the “Non-Owners Group”

I agree with both of you. I love seeing people getting excited about this masterpiece only to read the guys who cut down GNR. They never played it, don’t own any JJP games, non on their wishlist but yet here they are in this thread. Let the owners and future owners enjoy this new game of the year.

#665 3 years ago

A friend just played it for 2 hours and says it’s like nothing he has ever played or seen. Just a FANTASTIC game.

#745 3 years ago

For those who have the LE, be thankful. Looks like my CE is around Thanksgiving.

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea I think some may be out but no way all will be out. Im not sure how jjp is gonna deal with this good problem but guess we shall see. Guessing different waves of different models every few weeks to try and keep everyone somewhat happy.

100 LE’s now

100 SE’s are on the line (50 per week so two weeks of these)

100 CE (so these should be in the line if all parts are in around 1st or second week of Nov with a Thanksgiving delivery.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So CEs are being made before LE round two? That’s doesn’t sound right b/c that would mean next LEs in Dec? I was told a few weeks from now for LE.
SE should be week 2 right now (starting 10/11). I can’t see CEs being made the week after that (10/18)....I believe it’s LEs no?

Not what I was told. Why would the CE owners have to wait after the other two models have been made 100 each??

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Here is another minor issue with an easy fix. This is for the Guitar neck lock release. There is a gold bolt that adjusts the resting position of the plungers that release the balls. This fell out on one for me. Simple to find in cabinet and reattach. I don’t think it was ever tight from the factory.
[quoted image]

You are now our tech support til we get ours.

#831 3 years ago

I wonder out of the 117 votes of people who say they want a CE actually got one secured?

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I got my confirmation email at 1:08 PM eastern 8 minutes after release. Order was placed at 1:01pm for a CE...

I told my distributor back in September I wanted a CE regardless. So I was locked in to the number 1 position with them. Bam!

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pay attention to me!

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hope u can, but DI, POTC, Wonka were a serious no go on mirrored game blades. The only JJP game that had room was Hobbit. The artwork on the other games was a challenge. Especially on POTC and Wonka

I helped install art blades on my friends Pirates and it wasn’t to bad.

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Easy to install....not easy to keep from getting damaged when u lift the play field up and down. The plastic game blade protectors are a must have. My point is its really tight on those games. I really like the look of the mirrored game blades, but they were way too thick to work.

I agree with the plastic blade protectors. They are a must to have if you are using art blades and lifting the playfield. I want to install art blades in my DILE. Wonder if that will go in easy?

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Thought you were a CE?
Unless.....

He is getting both. The LE today to tie him over til he gets his CE. I’m heading over his house tonight to play. Hell yeah.

#1123 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing this.

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I normally respect Caucasian2steps reviews on Pinside but his early review on the LE just seems off. IMO no game is perfect, but sounds like he either absolutely despises the theme or the game he played just wasn’t level at all.
What stood out was a design flaw comment based on experiencing drain issues on plunge but I’ve had absolutely ZERO issues.
Just an odd take as a first impression.
Oh well, hope folks give the game more than one shot out in the wild!

Based on my opinion, you should never judge a game in the wild. You can’t hear it, it’s never set up right, the pitch is off, it’s not level, hard to learn the rule set when you have several waiting behind you to play. Just my thoughts.

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I got a set of black mirror blades installed with only a few minor cuts. It’s tight and isn’t the easiest thing to do but I highly recommend. They are pricey but in this hobby what isn’t. I had a curious helper that needed removed from the project but I am very happy with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that looks great. It also helps GNR is bad ass.

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious if the pooling clear coat is a bigger issue or if it’s a one off? I have an LE ordered, but was a little concerned after seeing this issue lately. Thoughts?

Just spoke with a friend who has a LE. He has no playfield issues.

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I actually traded the FH and 3K for GnR LE, taxes shipping and all so not a bad deal. I was thinking and hoping that they had gotten the
PF issues solved. Looking at that hole on that GnR makes me think they didnt. People can tell me all day long that that is pinball and its no big deal and dimples happen but I call bullshit. I have 20 something year old games without a dimple or wear spot or ink chipping off. That is just not giving a shit about your product. As far as the BM66, Stern has been putting out shit like that for as long as I can remember. I would buy another PF and get over it.

Just played my friends GNR LE at lunch time. NO clear coat post issued or VUK wear issues. ZERO!

6802E315-442C-43B9-BDC1-5FD24213FFDE (resized).jpeg6802E315-442C-43B9-BDC1-5FD24213FFDE (resized).jpegBD6BAEFD-5879-410C-B6DE-3F26F9137008 (resized).jpegBD6BAEFD-5879-410C-B6DE-3F26F9137008 (resized).jpeg
#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I even like the Color of the flipper bats
Black and red - good attention to detail !

I found myself just singing along like I was at a concert. Fun as shit. NO OTHER music pin has done that to me.

#1506 3 years ago

I played my friends LE today and not once was there a issue with the drum sticks. Ball rolled perfectly down them. Every single time.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

u mean aside from all the wear and tear

I know u are kidding because there was ZERO wear. Not at the post nor VUK.

#1742 3 years ago

STERN has playfield issues as well. Avengers has the same issues as JJP. Does anyone know who does Stern’s playfields?

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I don’t know about that. My playfield is the best I’ve had from stern since Simpsons.

36CE8540-353C-4BB0-9B3F-8D5C60231E6E (resized).jpeg36CE8540-353C-4BB0-9B3F-8D5C60231E6E (resized).jpeg
#1902 3 years ago

My friend got his SE yesterday.

1EFAB6D8-1652-4FCC-92C8-F1D4FA4751F1 (resized).jpeg1EFAB6D8-1652-4FCC-92C8-F1D4FA4751F1 (resized).jpeg672AD71A-A641-4ED1-9C1F-D674C3474C7D (resized).jpeg672AD71A-A641-4ED1-9C1F-D674C3474C7D (resized).jpeg
#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That is so effing terrible, i almost cant Believe it.
How the **** can you mess something like that up for, what is it? Three years? Four?
I hope JJp lawyers are having a field day and if you want a mirco playfield, hurry up, something tells me that sorry excuse for a pf-producer, will not be around much longer.
As long as my garage which has an epoxi/polyurethane floor, where i frequently park cars with studded tires look brand new. I dont for a moment belive this is somewhat undoable. Redicoulus is what it is.

So what is Stern doing with the Avengers issues?

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I dont care one bit about stern and their playfields.
Only Three stern games i´m even mildly interested in.....
Lord of the rings
Simpson pinball party
Beatles
In that order.

Are you getting GNR?

1 week later
#2432 3 years ago

All this talk about the rules, this and that pisses me off to no end. Enjoy your damn games while most of us no have idea what you guys are talking about. Why you ask? Because we don’t have our damn games yet.

#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

CE’s out in the wild yet? Mine is coming direct from Jersey Jack, but haven’t heard anything since they took my deposit.

No way. From what I’m told, CE’s will not be built til December.

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are right... this isn't a debate. Rubber on these games is not lasting like red rubber on other games. Yes you can swap out the product, but whatever they are using is subpar for the industry.

Which rubbers are you going to use on your GNR?

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think they are blowing smoke.
I saw early wear on both the translucent rings and on the flipper rubber. It's not like those two things are made the same or from similar batches.

Which rubbers are you going to use on your GNR?

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What do you care?
I have trays of the stuff.

Well people are complaining about the rubbers wearing out quickly which you have mentioned several times so I figured I would ask you which ones are you going to use on YOUR GNR!

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Any red rubber NOT from JJP or Pinball Life.. Just swap it out and forget it.
I don't bother even looking up the old suppliers because its the kind of stuff you have coming out of your ears. I would think someone who has done as much work as you would too... Are the Happ, or WICO.. who knows anymore. It's not like the retailers advertise their source anymore.

Were you lucky enough to get a CE or are you getting a LE?

#2640 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Buddy already has a LE and has for weeks and another one is on the way within the circle - but thanks for your concern!!

Lol. No concern here buddy.

#2655 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

LE's shipping soon?

So no word from distributors?

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My SE came in yesterday. Unfortunately I have been sick and had to test for Covid. Still waiting on results. So will probably be another week until I feel better and a friend can help me move it down to my basement.

So sorry. That would bother the hell out of me. Having a new pinball sitting in the box ready to play. You must feel real bad. Hope you feel better soon.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Joined the club this afternoon!
[quoted image]

Damn that’s a beautiful pin.

#2730 3 years ago

I would not buy used right now with these playfield issues.

#2736 3 years ago

Has anyone sold a SE or LE because they did not like it? Just wondering.

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I’d buy a used LE with playfield issues right now no questions asked. Whose ready to cut their losses and get out of the horror of the playfield concerns?

Only saying this due to the warranty not transferable. But if you are down with it, go for it. Someone help this guy out!

#2797 3 years ago

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.

#2964 3 years ago

So at this time, to be clear, NO ONE has rec’d their CE’s? Over 1 month and 2 weeks the most expensive model gets left behind! What am I missing?

#2972 3 years ago

If I knew the CE’s were going to be 2025, I would have gotten a LE to tie me over.

#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing. You’re not getting your game until end of Q1 2021. Just expect that and if it’s sooner, yay.

I guess I’m just spoiled and should be thankful I’m getting one.

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I can’t believe all 3 owners of the game are keeping this thread on fire.

Is it really only 3 owners out of 2991 post?

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

How shortly after?
I ordered mine on 12th of October

You were over a week. I would think you should get one by April.

#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Anyone have video of the Jukebox attract mode?

Does anyone have a GNR I can buy?

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

To put on button on my diverter issue and to help save anyone else's PF from getting f'd...there are 2 screws that adjust the height of the diverter. Mine came from the factory too low, which meant the hex kept pummeling into the playfield unbeknownst to me which is why it kept trapping the ball. See below the damage it did to my playfield. Best to make sure it's not doing the same on yours.
[quoted image]

#3096 3 years ago

Basically no soup for you here in the USA during the holidays. I’m a little pissed.

5880B74D-F5F8-4945-BD18-570BCD2F1567 (resized).jpeg5880B74D-F5F8-4945-BD18-570BCD2F1567 (resized).jpeg
#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Find it odd they are filling a container with just LE and SE; seems like a special trip for the CE's going overseas will be at some other point. Sad.

I was told no CE’s this year. ZERO!

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Hmmm, my distributor was told by jjp CEs getting built in December followed by LEs starting after new year. Was told to expect my LE Jan/Feb and I was a day one order.

I soooo hope your right.

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Freak out? Really? World hunger, pandemic, democracies in jeopardy... these are things to freak out about. Pinball is a game. Maybe yours will take a month or two longer to arrive than originally thought. Let's have a little perspective and patience. JJP will deliver.

You have a CE in your collection right now???

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

This is exactly what I've been told as well. CE's next then another round of LE's, but I the timeframe for the LE's could extend to March. Luckily, I'm picking up my machine tomorrow from another individual so I don't have to wait! Looking forward to joining the discussion after that as I'm sure I'll have tinkering questions!

CE’s can start to be built in December but doesn’t mean you will have it before Christmas.

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t understand this. A game doesn’t enter my “collection” until it’s delivered and in my basement.

The CE owners are just saying it’s in order. No one has the CE’s yet. A lot of LE buyers from day one had it in their list of owning but had not received it yet. It’s just exciting to do that. I’m one of them.

#3157 3 years ago

Good news!

5DE27FC1-9024-4438-A9D6-1660F57F2966 (resized).jpeg5DE27FC1-9024-4438-A9D6-1660F57F2966 (resized).jpeg
#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

On the shipping front, a few mentioned getting a shipping notification from JJP. I received one and my game arrives next week. The log jam appears to be over with the pace picking up. A production update is still sorely absent and multiple stories are circulating about JJP’s plans to build games. Unfortunately all are third hand knowledge. We want JJP to level with us about their plans to build GNR for the next six months and for them to level with their distributors on when their blocks of game are expected to arrive. They need to update their direct customers too, but perhaps those are the games being built and delivered now. We don’t know, and that’s why communication is important.

You are getting a LE right? Why are the CE’s not in the line?

#3186 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think they’re running a batch of LE’s and gear up for all those CE’s with those beautiful shiny playfields!

That would be fantastic. Hope that’s true.

#3192 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Look forward to seeing a CE one day. Also excited by thought of seeing a CE playfield in person.

Quoted from romulusx:

I think JJP would be wise to show us the first CE off the line with a SDTM Zach close up at the factory.Also show the line full of this sexy beast!

Will one lucky CE owner get his before Christmas? We shall see.

#3197 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

For those that have played the game, do you find it boring after a while? I see some comments on Reddit that there are too many multi balls and plays choppy. I’m just having doubts with my gnr le preorder. Thanks for the input.

I have played it and love it. Multi balls are a must in this game. Once you learn the rule set, it’s a blast. Anyone else want to chime in that has the pin?

#3209 3 years ago

Did anyone else notice the WANTED GNRCE ads went from 14 to 3.

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

And the CE I ordered is due in November... /sigh

November is gone brother. Maybe December for you and I.

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

Man this game...I got my le from flip n out pinball tonight.I never played a game with this many layers.I'm speechless....Everything from here on out will be compared to this.I own Elvira hoh that I love and would never get rid of...but this is the new standard.the Golden age isn't the 90s it's now.I got it thinking maybe it's hype there is not a lot going on in the playfield as far as toys or as a "Hobbit" or "woz" boy I didn't get it til now.Best I've played all around.Oh and I love the plunge unlike some "different"Oh mine had clear washers around the post too and looks great.

Pinball of the year?

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes, and it is not close.

Very wise man! I agree 100%.

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

While gnr definitely deserves game of the year, I won’t be surprised if avengers takes it. Simply put, the stern army is so big, and there are flat out way more avengers out for people to play. It’s a tough hurdle to overcome. If by some chance gnr actually wins, imo it is a real testament of just how awesome this game is.

Avengers won’t. I would be shocked. Really no comparison.

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a club thread. And someone asked if we thought it was game of the year. I assumed they wanted responses.

To be fair it really should be owners only, even comments or questions. I agree with John1210.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If someone said I could have NIB Avengers or NIB GnR tomorrow, it would be a tough choice.
Love Keith gamers and Avengers has best playfield design, flow is amazing.
Avengers seems to have the best code - breadth and so many ways to score.
GnR has the best audio package, and it's not even close. Nothing Keith can do about that.
Avengers shoots better, no doubt about that.
I think Avengers might be the better game.
That said, I would take GnR as building up huge song jackpots does not get old and theme integration is off the charts.
In reality, I want both

Have you ever owned a JJP pinball??

#3414 3 years ago

What is the relevance to comparing Avengers and GnR?

Most of the time I see guys comparing JJP games that have never owned one nor have any in their wishlist it just seems that the JJP game comes in on the short end of the stick. I see it a lot.

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was told yesterday that my day one (LE) minutes after release order wouldn't be ready until next year because they are running CE's next. Maybe you CE guys will get lucky. I have a hard time believing all the other people that already have their games from Automated were all pre day 1 orders. I'm not sure who to be mad at, but I think I'll be going elsewhere for my next NIB.

I had my CE paid for the day before release. They have already run LE’s and SE’s several times. It’s now time for the 12,500 guys to get theirs.

#3571 3 years ago

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Extra points for being an asshole.

Please forgive me in the name of Jesus.

#3630 3 years ago

CE owners are hearing crickets!

#3642 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

My distributor said they are going on the line this week. Rumors from others say the same. I hope all this is true... The CE will be worth the wait.

Not sure if this is true. Just posted.

6492CB76-795A-4B04-AF54-858D2BF48A6C (resized).jpeg6492CB76-795A-4B04-AF54-858D2BF48A6C (resized).jpeg
#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I saw this as well. My distro told me no more LE's until after the CE's. That looks like an LE fresh off the line. Maybe these are for JJP direct only? Maybe my distro is full of shit?

Quoted from javagrind888:

My distro says that JJ isn't communicating at all other than this snippet a week ago:
They’re only making CE right now. They won’t be making LE’s for 6 to 7 weeks. They can only make 15 games a day. They made one small batch of LE’s last week (now 2 weeks ago). They will be making this game for 7 months before they get caught up.

I’m just frustrated guys. I don’t mean to say anything negative. Just jealous everyone is enjoying their SE’s and LE’s at Christmas time. Once we see pics of the CE’s in the line, I will shut my hole.

#3650 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, the waiting is hard. But it gets more frustrating if you get all worked up about it and pulls down the enjoyment of the anticipation.
You can loose half the thrill in frustration.

I agree. You are now hired as my personal therapist.

#3783 3 years ago

I’m trying to be happy for all you guys that have your games. I really am.

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If it makes you feel any better, I just got my first 6-ball power jackpot!!! 2.5 mil. Game just keeps getting better.

See, I don’t even know what that means.

#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ROCK ON with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Rock Pop Bumper Drum Kit! For such an incredible game we needed every detail to be spot on in character for a rock band of this status. Complete kit includes (2) custom drum pops with new mount hardware. Each drum is hand assembled, painted, and detailed. Custom laser etched translucent Logo drum heads so the Explode with color vs the stock blacked out caps. Simply Awesome when they go off! Mahogany wood grain sides with steel polished pin assemblies! Kit also includes a Custom laser etched logo bar table pop cap complete with hand painted and detailed drum sticks, a can of the bands beer (random cans..) and a half mug already poured to get the concern started. This kit is setup for the LE and CE models with clearance for cymbals. An SE kit is also available so order accordingly. This drum kit looks awesome lighted or off with every detail covered. Guns and F'n Roses! Available now! Thanks again for everyones support and interest.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Totally bad ass. I need this.

#3834 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know if there’s a penalty for draining during a song while ball saver is active? Like deduct .25 pt from song level or .25 secs off the ball saver?

I would not know.

#3864 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The GnR to Led Zeppelin comparisons will be full speed ahead in just a few minutes.I want to be first to say the artwork on JJP GnR kicks the shit out of LZ in the art department!Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band of all time,but I think GnR kicks their ass when it comes to pinball machines.I reserve the right to modify my opinion over time but I don't believe I will need to!

You got it in first. I was holding back. It is a very funny comparison. Not even close. Well, not in this life time. Holy shit the pro cabinet art work looks like Bally’s Bugs Bunny artwork.

#3869 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t even know what to say, I’m so mixed. Own 3 sterns and now that I have my first JJP NIB experience, and a GNR at that! ...my first thought is there’s no comparison - GNR is in another realm. But there’s people gawking all over Zep, “look at that new light show”...I’m like wtf. Clearly they haven’t played GNR. Seriously, How do I ever buy another stern again after experiencing GNR!?
You guys at JJP suck!

The truth shall set u free.

#3886 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

To Bad The Nose was not the Plunger

If you did that half the face is cut off.

#3898 3 years ago

I’m hearing rumors the CE’s will be in the line by or before the 20th of Dec. OMG if this is true.

#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Hmm! Not sure how that image got included?!

Delete the image

#3910 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Stern had lots of potential with Led Zeppelin license, I doubt that they sell the LE’s quick with that art, that does not reach the heels of a JJP Guns N’Roses Limited Edition or Collector’s at all.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stern has some fun games but LZ is no comparison to this masterpiece done by Eric. Not even close.

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I've never felt better about purchasing a pin as much as I do now after seeing the LZ reveal! Come on CE cannot wait!!!!

Damn you think a lot like me. Lol. I don’t have to say a word. I’ll just wait for you to comment.

#3930 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

200 plays in. The layout is amazing! The synergy with the layout, code, rules, theme, detail, everything...is top notch! You have ramp to ramp, or loop to ramp, or loop to upper loop (repeatable), or ramp to ramp to inner spinner wizzly doo (yea that’s what I’m calling it. You have a ramp diverted on both ramps, an mini playfield that not only is quick and fast (with little to no grind unlike pretty much every mini playfield in pinball) - but 4 strategic options to put the ball - I honestly think this is the best mini playfield in pinball! And I’m not saying that because I’m on a honeymoon....ok maybe I am, but seriously, you can lock balls from the bottom flipper, or you can put the ball in play and literally have 1-5 secs to choose where you want to try and put the ball (Duff Bass ramp, lights target for multiball, lock a ball, or take a GNR letter). Add in the power chord rules during a song multiball for add-a-ball + jackpot and it’s just icing on the cake.
That all said, I’m not going to fluff it too much (too late), the rules still need polish. The upper flipper loop needs some real cool rules/ sound effects for repeating the shot. The album modes need a lot of work. And some other balances are probably needed as well. But, we have Keefer! Mother F’n keefer in our corner! Live and Let Code!

I was about to give up hope. Based on the LZ thread, GNR shots are shit. Thank you so much. I will keep my order for GNR!

#4012 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Are there any magnets in this game?

Isn’t there one at the top of the playfield that drops the ball down to quality Axel?

#4019 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

#193 checking in! Now I just need to figure out the rules. Played a couple of games and have no idea what is going on.
[quoted image]

Dang that thing is beautiful.

#4031 3 years ago

I wonder how Eric is going to feel winning game if the year with this masterpiece?

#4058 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Risk vs reward. Thats what its all about. I would be all in at this point. Just a month before i can truly make that call when mine arrives. Just color me jealous that you are allready there.

I know how u feel

#4087 3 years ago

Haven't seen the 'making of the promo' video posted here yet?
Worth seeing to see how much thought and passion went into it.
Only been out for 5 days.

I just watched this video for the 500th time and just noticed this. Call me Forest Gump but I just noticed the topper has a strobing effect at the bottom of it. WTF. This is bad ass. Look around 12 seconds into the video.

#4104 3 years ago

I ordered a CE from day one with no CE’s being built yet. Over 2 months later. Not ONE!

#4107 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I’m out of patience. I’m going to buy a Wonka LE until it comes in.

#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Have to say I'm absolutely having a ball with my new attack From Mars remake. Seems to be making me a slightly better player too, by showing me different ways to score. Got the 5 way combo this morning for the first time.
JustSayingPunkin

Sweet. I have plenty of pins to play just want GNR.

#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know which switch triggers Melissa? And which keyboard insert is hers, the left or right?[quoted image]

I don’t have the game yet but is it the center scoop?

#4202 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Thanks, Kingpin!! Cannot wait until Christmas to open this one.
[quoted image]

What a Christmas Present. I wanted one for Christmas but o well. Congrats and enjoy. Great game.

#4235 3 years ago

I need to stay off Pinside and the GNR thread.

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

skyemont ... it’s time
[quoted image]

I think that is the same CE that was shown a while back. Look at the yellow pole.

F0AF1918-8337-4619-8206-4CEA1D3C6D89 (resized).jpegF0AF1918-8337-4619-8206-4CEA1D3C6D89 (resized).jpeg
#4243 3 years ago

The art package on the CR does not have to grow in me. It’s badass from the first day I saw it. Love everything about it. Merry Christmas everyone.

#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Good eye ... one is on a lift and one is on legs. Maybe we are in action!

I still say no. Picture was altered some. It’s the same CE. No CE on the line this year.

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Awesome gameplay video from IE Pinball

Great video and great player. I watched it and learned a lot. Hopefully I won’t forget by the time I get my GNR.

#4339 3 years ago

Hell yes CE owners!! Get ready!!

721120C4-0162-4C33-A17C-BF4B5653B51B (resized).png721120C4-0162-4C33-A17C-BF4B5653B51B (resized).png
#4345 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

How are you determining those are CE games?

Trust me. It is!!

#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Meh. I've had my LE for over 2 months now (#134) - I'm already bored with it.
I'm am 100% kidding - this is an incredible machine!!!!

You got me. I was like whaaaaaat.

#4354 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I don’t know about that...I paid in full for my LE several weeks ago and still waiting on shipping information.

The last of the LE’s are going out. The CE’s are on the line ASAP and from what I’m told they will make all 500 at once.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

LE’s aren’t sold out. The last of the day 1 orders?

I don’t mean sold out. I mean the LE’s on the line are done for now. CE’s next til 500 are made.

#4417 3 years ago

I think the CE’s are going on the line next week. Boy I’m excited if I see pics Monday morning.

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

If the CE's start to be built on Monday and there staying with them until all 500 are built, you're looking at least 10 weeks until they get back onto the LE and SE package if they're producing 50 a week.

Yep this is true. I would say SE and LE should get back in the line late March or early April.

#4447 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I’m really hoping JJP increases their capacity from the current ~50 games a week (if accurate). I’m not expecting them to be Stern (~250 games a week) but I see no way they can get out more than 1 new game a year at their current rate. It may take them 5-6 months just to knock out the day 1 orders

It’s been like that from 2013 to today. I don’t think it will change. I’m ok with 1 a year. That’s just me.

#4496 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Installed 1.08 and still experiencing resets

Sounds like a voltage issue. Have you tested your voltage?

#4499 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Installed 1.08 and still experiencing resets

When do you get resets? Keep track of this. When u hit both flippers, multi ball, etc...

#4500 3 years ago

Hoping CE’s are on the line tomorrow. Who has gotten an email or call to pay your balance due and who was your distributor? Hopefully some will have their CE’s this month.

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Have the SE's started shipping yet? I haven't heard anything yet...

SE’s have been shipping. No more right now. CE’s going on the line now for months.

#4527 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

See posting crappy games isn’t fun or maybe it is.
[quoted image]
Here’s what happened this game:
I took you could be mine patch, fender, vater, and duff. I was on ball 3 with no balls locked and totally wiffed a 3-stack booster multiball. So, what do I do - start a song with crappy song level and see how I do? Or try to lock some balls first and really maximize as best as possible with those patches? I risked going for locks and got 5 balls locked, then with the ball cradled, it was either start the song at the scoop or lock ball 6 and start song. I went for the ball 6 locks, brick > drain > game over haha.

Risk and reward is what this pin is. That’s why it’s going to be GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

#4530 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i agree...totally awesome light show. and gameplay

I can’t wait to get mine. Come on JJP. Show those CE’s on the line.

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Umm.. those orders wait? All the CE orders are day 1.

Exactly. It would not be fair if LE’s were back on the line again. LE’s have gone out and not one CE!

#4551 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Try these mate, I think the Haus may do them soon hopefully
The 2 best supplies down under
https://pinballhaus.com/
https://www.rtbb.com.au/
Speaking of parts, no one has mentioned balls ?
Guessing JJP balls are great from the factory ?
My first JJP so I don't know

Balls and Rubbers suck. You may want to order new sets now!

#4552 3 years ago

Just posted. OMG.

6790D2FB-24E3-4E21-AB1F-4343C8B6E85C (resized).jpeg6790D2FB-24E3-4E21-AB1F-4343C8B6E85C (resized).jpeg
#4573 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Btw, this games light show is INSANE. Videos do not do it justice.

Glad to hear this. From some of the LZ guys, GNR is nothing but lights and boring.

#4600 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

First game on LE. Played for about 5 minutes and collected all band members and started a song. Machine went power off like it’s blown a fuse. Can’t find anything obvious loose...where should I start?

I’m hearing this a lot. What’s going on here?

#4604 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Eureka! Thanks Steve and Barry for the quick help. Turns out the power supply cord wiggled it’s bugger self loose in shipping. Funny it let me play two balls first before going TU. So happy this was an easy fix! JJP support is the best.

Fantastic. Their support is second to none! That includes you Lloyd!

#4614 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

October 5, 2020 - GNR trailer! Pin release of the century! Amazing game and marketing job by JJP! I call my distributor and order a game.
94 days later ...
Jan 5, 2021 - no game and not expected to ship for a month or two.
Yes, I am whining about a luxury item, a toy. Someone get me some cheese!

LE or CE?

#4615 3 years ago

CE’s?

E392FBEE-5247-42E2-81A4-BF5D8F06F990 (resized).jpegE392FBEE-5247-42E2-81A4-BF5D8F06F990 (resized).jpeg
#4623 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

More than likely giving this pic. [quoted image]

In this pic yes. Lol. But the other pic I wanted to make sure.

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Should have seen the Avengers thread. I ordered Avengers just before Gunners and was pleased to have them both coming. I got so nervous about all the issues with avengers that i cancelled my order. Their QC was incredibly lax, people were getting machines with many issues. Some of them were design issues where the balls would be stuck constantly in the subway etc. Haven't kept up with that thread since, but the amount of issues out of the box here are miniscule compared.

Pins are very complex. There is no perfect pinball except my Addams Gold. Other than that, you will have to work on your pins right out of the box. Machines are not putting these together. Will some have more issues than others, you bet. I’m hoping mine is very minimal.

#4631 3 years ago
3187164C-AC7A-4F42-92EF-0148DB6A4489 (resized).jpeg3187164C-AC7A-4F42-92EF-0148DB6A4489 (resized).jpeg
#4683 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

IE Pinball steams can show you the ins and outs of gameplay and this cat knows how to play!

I second that. Jesus Christ he is a good player. I was like damnnnnnn when I saw his stream.

#4743 3 years ago

Wow that’s so freaking awesome!!!

#4768 3 years ago

This is the best pinball in the world. PERIOD! There I said it. No regrets.

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

If you're looking at a CE second hand that is going to cost almost twice that of an LE, for myself the differences don't justify the premium. Being an LE owner, the main thing I might potentially miss is the undercab and backbox lighting tied into the game. I'm not sure how much it adds but the more lights the better in my opinion. I'm hoping someone in the mod community comes up with something cool. The CE topper I don't really care about because I know Lior is going to come up with something incredible that is probably way cooler. I also prefer the LE art package better but that's up to personal opinion. The main drawback to an LE at this point is the 2-3 month wait before they start shipping again.

Wondering the same thing. You can’t get a CE for 10k

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Extra lights are literally just the under and behind cab light strips that you can easily add yourself for $20. The LE art imo is the best as well, but either choice is great. Both are beautiful, but other than a minimal ball lock mech, and glitter, you can add all the other features onto the LE for under $1000 easy.

You can improve your LE for sure. But I have seen the CE and LE side by side today. The CE is superior. It’s stunning. The sparkle in the playfield is freaking gorgeous.

#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What are you guys scoring on GNR? 13 Million is my high so far.

I will let you know Monday.

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I finally managed to find a public guns and roses to play albeit a standard and I got to say I was honestly underwhelmed. I knew the standard was stripped down but not to this point. Game felt very flat looking at it. Everything else was top notch. Artwork, animations, sounds etc. Hoping the Le is/plays dramatically different as I plan to buy one. Other than that the standard problems that seem to plague jjp machines on route. Also I gotta say people were right about the excessive multiballs. I was in multiball more than having just a single ball in play.

You play a game on route and judge it? Never do that please.

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So you need to drop $7K-10K, bring it home and judge it? That's some pricey judging.

At a friends if you can but to throw a few quarters in it and call it a night and judge it is stupid. If that’s what you like doing, so be it.

#5002 3 years ago

CE coming in the morning from R&L. Can’t wait to join the club.

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll bring the beer and coke just tell me how to ge there!!!

You might want to leave now. I’m in va.

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Enjoy it. You have been waiting long enough. Just a bit longer for me. February my LE arrives.

Thank you. We all have been waiting but its worth it. Excited for sure.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Congrats bud!! We probably won't hear from you for months now ... lol

I will show pics and whatever anyone needs. Hopefully I have the correct topper cables. My corner is ready. Dolly ready for R&L.

DA5CC2C0-CF7C-4EFF-A797-F38D74594F81 (resized).jpegDA5CC2C0-CF7C-4EFF-A797-F38D74594F81 (resized).jpegE22ACC1A-8740-484F-A16D-B6DF707B573B (resized).jpegE22ACC1A-8740-484F-A16D-B6DF707B573B (resized).jpeg
#5041 3 years ago

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.

244CEDB9-9CBC-48B5-946F-CD21EDA8F416 (resized).jpeg244CEDB9-9CBC-48B5-946F-CD21EDA8F416 (resized).jpeg5341FEA9-DFF7-474D-964A-4A6FCC9627AA (resized).jpeg5341FEA9-DFF7-474D-964A-4A6FCC9627AA (resized).jpeg83A85625-A37C-428C-BDA5-029B8ED25530 (resized).jpeg83A85625-A37C-428C-BDA5-029B8ED25530 (resized).jpegCE2936C5-3D37-4522-82EA-6A5EF8ED53F5 (resized).jpegCE2936C5-3D37-4522-82EA-6A5EF8ED53F5 (resized).jpegDE41AEB9-5C54-4927-A524-F06C1230B976 (resized).jpegDE41AEB9-5C54-4927-A524-F06C1230B976 (resized).jpegE6F11F9E-FF94-4ABA-8741-5053FD216845 (resized).jpegE6F11F9E-FF94-4ABA-8741-5053FD216845 (resized).jpeg

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Make sure you didn’t sheer the rubber tip off the plunger like I did.
Someone else here on pinside suggested to always pull the plunger back all the way when lifting/dropping the playfield.
[quoted image]

I didn’t. It looks like the plunger kicker is to far forward causing the plunger rod to not make good contact with the pinball.

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Watched a friend stream his CE (with Rad-cals) unboxing a few days ago. All was looking great until the lock bar was removed and he noticed the left playfield hanger was off the receiver. Then he noticed the cabinet was cracked and the corner seam was split. Next he tried removing the backglass but the key would not turn. Closer inspection on the bottom left and right of the head had a large wood splits, so basically the head was warped. The shipper must have seriously dropped the pin to cause all the damage. Distro will make it right, but sucks to have the pin and not be able to play. Looks like JJP will have to make 201 CEs!

That truly sucks.

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not yet. Posted recently 1.12 should be up soon.
LTG : )

I have 1.12 Lloyd!

#5234 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

You have the updated code and you have your CE... yeah I'm f#@$ing jealous When mine FINALLY shows up, we're going to have to play against each other on Scorbit

I feel blessed. That’s for sure.

#5394 3 years ago

Like I said!

D5D6823A-FC09-48A6-B0F0-52BEBECCAD97 (resized).jpegD5D6823A-FC09-48A6-B0F0-52BEBECCAD97 (resized).jpeg
#5395 3 years ago

Game of the year. Love it.

#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from Occelot:

Hey guys, is the Standard worth the money?

I think so. Just as much as any Stern Pro.

#5469 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Spending 10k on an LE and not spending the $300 on pinwoofer is a big mistake

I just watched the video. Does it make a big difference?

#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I totally love this game. It’s incredible. But am I alone in thinking that this game is a drain monster and insanely hard to keep the ball in play? Like a lot more than most games? I’m at 7 degrees pitch. Maybe that’s the issue, maybe I just suck. But this thing crushes me daily. If I was pumping dollar bills into it I would be totally pissed and avoid this thing like the plague on location, lol. Constant drains SDTM as well as slingshots firing the ball to outlanes, etc. It’s so good when you have a good game, but wow, I feel like I have 10 crap games for every decent one...play better, I know.

Here’s what I did to help a lot. I to was experiencing this. Turn the sling shot coils down to 15 strength, change your post on the outlanes.

#5630 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Set up my CE yesterday
No idea wtf I’m doing other than having a blast playing this “experience”
Wow factor x10
I like just flipping and rocking out while I figure it out

It’s fun as hell. Hit me up and I can tell you what I know as far as how to play. So many different ways to play this wonderful pin.

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My game has been stuck like this for about 15 minutes. Attract screen is working, but the bar hasn't moved in a long time. Should I restart?
[quoted image]

Same here. Pushing 20 minutes now.

C0C33494-81B1-420D-9EC2-E4903BA93DFF (resized).jpegC0C33494-81B1-420D-9EC2-E4903BA93DFF (resized).jpeg
#5773 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The 1.13 is a full install. I'd wait it out. It is grinding through some large files.

Lloyd any idea on time frame? Mine has been loading for 45 minutes and the bar has not moved.

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Give it a day or 2, then download it when JJP servers aren't being swamped??

The problem is the game try’s to update when I cut it on now. It’s unplayable!

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s all good, I’m not converted yet.
Just trying to shake things up a bit. POTC is by far the least played game in the house.

The POTC for sale ads have calmed down now. They are not moving like the first 3-4 sold. GNR is a better game in my opinion. Not a even trade for a POTCLE for a GNRCE. Just my thoughts. Hope you find one.

#6003 3 years ago

Any idea on how to make the left loop on the lower flipper shot and upper flipper shot smoother?

#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

6.8 pitch +1 power boost to the lower flipper strength. They lowered the default flipper strength considerably, I had to raise mine back to the old default. Was 18 before? I forget. But it was 6 ticks or so higher than the new.

The pitch is good. The power is good. It just seems to get caught up or stopped half way for some reason. I have a few friends with the same issue.

1 week later
#6332 3 years ago

Curious on this one. I get two times the amount of ball drains on the right out lane as I do the left. What about you guys!

#6456 3 years ago

I made a few adjustments to the game last night to help my sons friends last longer and n GNR. I forgot what settings I did so I went back in to change the setting to med play. Not to easy not to hard. Well it won’t save that setting. It keeps going back to all the changes I made manually. Why???

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try a factory reset and start over.

Will it keep my high score and code update?

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Strategy Question. This may have been asked before, but when you complete a number of modes in a song you get the choice to either quit the song, get the points, and get a chance for an extra ball; or, continue playing the song and get an additional ball. It would look simple to go with the first choice, as an extra ball is very attractive, but there must be a reason for continuing. Is it that the points/jackpot increases significantly?

If you don’t cash out and are able to complete the song the jackpot is bigger.

1 week later
#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a way to lower the shaker intensity? I feel like the shaker is so strong its going to losen some screws

Yes in coil settings. You can now cut it off completely.

#6883 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wouldn’t expect them to not since they mfg easily 3-4x the amount of machines in a year then any other mfg.

Just wish they made a pinball I wanted.

#6907 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Still making Deadpool's.

No thanks.

#6919 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You must look for something different in a pinball machine than me. Was pretty happy when that was my only machine. Would still be happy if it was my only machine again, although i'd choose my old Hankin Orbit 1 given my druthers and a choice of only one.

I’m more old school. Bally/Williams and now JJP. I may get a American Pinball or Spooky to throw in the mix one day.

#6939 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's no question you've owned enough machines to know what you like.
Have a look at my collection, 2 spookies, 2 JJP, 2 gottliebs, 3 sterns, 2 hankins, 1 x AP. The rest are all Bally/Williams (the best machines made) and i don't know how long one of the Gottliebs will be staying.
I don't think we are that far apart at all, cept for DP.

Our collections have a variety for sure. Call me stupid but I like Americas Most Haunted. Might get one. But as of right now, no pin I own has the right to sit beside by GNRCE.

#6949 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

lol good to know

For you.

1953B232-E7A0-4408-B00A-16FBFBE27EB8 (resized).jpeg1953B232-E7A0-4408-B00A-16FBFBE27EB8 (resized).jpeg
#7048 3 years ago

So Saturday night and no code update to 1.17? I still have no luck.

#7058 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

1.17 was the fix I believe for 1.16 issues. I didn’t notice anything of note, played great for me.

Can’t use USB. My computer crashed and I need to use WiFi. So I guess us WiFi guys are shit out of luck.

#7114 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can use ethernet cable right from your router if possible.

I don’t have this as a option! So unless jjp mails me a USB I’m stuck with a 1.16 code that’s messed up.

#7182 3 years ago

A friend was able to download 1.18 from 1.14 using WiFi. But I can’t update to 1.18 from 1.16! WTF.

#7226 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Did full install from 1.16 to 1,18 and backed up the settings which includes your high scores. All good and so far see no bugs however i have only played about 6 games before getting tied back up with work ! Follow JJPs instructions to the T and things went smooth!

Instructions on JJP website?

#7405 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm waiting until Desert Demolition is coded and hopefully a fix for the magnet code before I update from 1.08. Nothing but a headache for virtually no gain the past few weeks on code. These mini updates seem useless, as all they are doing is fixing newly introduced bugs.

The updates were to fix current issues and glitches not an update for major code changes! Sometimes when u open a can of worms, new problems arise. JJP has the best pinball programmers in the business. Be patient. I’m not sure if the coding is causing the magnet issue. I have not had that issue at all on any version of software.

1 week later
#7695 2 years ago

Patch question. I know patches have pairs you need to get. Like the gun patch and rose patch to complete the set. Does it show it on the screen what the matches are for each patch? Say I choose lol gets, it should show somewhere the other 3 I need to get!

#7698 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I think the patch sets are intended to be a surprise/something to figure out on your own.

Quoted from DrJoe:

Use the lockbar button color as a clue

Keith if you see this can you add this as a code update?

1 month later
#9500 2 years ago

The more Stern releases the better I feel about buying JJP.

1 week later
#9812 2 years ago

I was hoping I would not join this particular club but I’m in. I’m pissed and sad at the same time. GNRCE with a quick look over has these issues with the playfield. Left outlane and upper playfield. I put a ticket in. Has anyone had any communication with JJP about their CE?

525A4F90-7927-4EDC-9F1A-06059C81C3B3 (resized).jpeg525A4F90-7927-4EDC-9F1A-06059C81C3B3 (resized).jpeg61591B9B-BE85-4E12-8037-EDAA156B1892 (resized).jpeg61591B9B-BE85-4E12-8037-EDAA156B1892 (resized).jpeg
#9822 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But will JJP even sell a spare CE playfield?
The best insurance is to get a NIB PF, then have an actual professional fix the trainwreck Mirco is selling JJP by sanding it down and re-clearing properly. But even then that may be problematic if the ink isn't adhering to the wood properly.

It’s not a clearcoat issue. Its the ink not bonding with the wood.

#9901 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If he looks closer, I bet he has more than that. Especially if those machines are played.

I agree. Also what was the resolution to the CE issue? What did JJP do to resolve this.

#9991 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Again, its not Mirco that is the issue here. Mirco did not create the artwork going under the posts, JJP did. JJP is the one’s at fault, not Mirco. They only do what JJP tells them to do and work with JJP artwork. Mirco did not create the artwork that is under all the posts. Everyone else in the industry does not put artwork under the posts now. JJP has done this for years and has not changed their process, so the results are always going to be the same. JJP could change vendors and still will have same issues. With a JJP PFs, it is not a matter of if, but when will the PF go bad.

Mirco is the problem as well as JJP. Does not matter about what art work JJP designed. The problem is simple. The ink Mirco is using and how it’s applied is the issue. It’s not bonding to the wood. It’s that simple. Does not matter if you use a washer or have HEP clear it, it’s going to happen. JJP should have stopped using Mirco after Pirates. Do you want to see my Addams Gold that has artwork under the post??? It’s perfect.

#10248 2 years ago
48B80ABF-AAB7-4C22-B0CC-A3B8ECF543ED (resized).png48B80ABF-AAB7-4C22-B0CC-A3B8ECF543ED (resized).png
#10310 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way. If the art adheres to the wood correctly, you can tighten the post down until it disintegrates, and all that will be left is a white ring on the clear/art where the post damaged it from being over tighten.
Long story short, if the art and clear is applied correctly, this issue shouldn’t even be possible.

I could have not said this any better!

1 week later
#10702 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Seems like this post is a guarantee.
[quoted image]

As someone told me, who is the best in the business, it will work it’s way past the washers. The bigger the washer the bigger the problem. That F sucks.

#10709 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What's your plan? Are you going to put split lock washers under every post and hope the damage doesn't creep more than a millimeter? Has anyone actually applied this theory with success?
In my opinion, the goal is to eliminate the conditions that will create pooling. Using a larger washer with just enough flex (like a 3/4 petg), with mylar underneath to "hold" the clear together (and not over tightening the dam thing!) will make it very difficult to nearly impossible for new pooling to form. I could be wrong, but so far I've yet to see a single point of evidence to say otherwise after hundreds of plays and I have these washers on literally every post on my game.

Quoted from kermit24:

I'm not finding this to be the case many months and hundreds of plays later.

I think I’m just going to do a complete tear down and see what’s messed up. Then gather all my info together with all the options people have done to see what works the best.

#10804 2 years ago

Mine came with factor washers installed. Did not matter.

1 week later
#11304 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]Hey all, been getting a lot of PM requests on PETG washers...the how many, where, why etc questions.
To make it easier on me, thought I'd type up a little memo summary for reference. I'll add more to this if new updates happen or change.
Issue: Playfield pooling, chipping, art tearing
Cause: Clearcoat, loose posts, overtorqued posts, bent washers, metal washers, no washers, too small washers
Fix: Debateable but for me, the best solution is PETG. The runner up is Cliffy carbon. The only reason the Cliffy is ranked 2nd is that it is adhesive (most likely permanent, possibly tearing up art if removed, covers up existing surrounding art near damage, requires a metal washer on top of it for true protection. Whereas the clear PETG provides enough rigidness to stand alone, can see underlying art clearly, can be easily removed, can be easily cut and fabricated to fit.
Results: My results and pics have all held up 1000+ plays post fixing. I am not guaranteeing this for everyone as all the playfields seem to vary, but from others feedback, this seems to be the best method currently. I am providing this for those who wish to continue to play their game while preserving what is there without further damage and repairing what may already be. This isn't to debate pooling or why or why not we should have to fix our $$$ machines.
Parts Needed:
20 - 25 clear 3/4 inch PETG washers. They can be obtained from many sources but my goto has been Pinball Life https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
You can also find colored ones from Titan pinball https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134&search=washerand use them in special areas...The upper playfield for example, I used a blue 3/4 inch for example.. See pic below
[quoted image]
5 clear 7/8 inch PETG washers. Used sparingly on some areas to cover more art area or to fit flush against other machine washers, rails or posts to give extra rigidity.
Set of various metal washers. Should be standard in any pinball repair arsenal but here's a link if you don't have any:
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]
Tools Needed:
Long skinny hex drivers (sold at most big box hardware stores in kits)
Long skinny phillips head driver to reach areas under ramps
Small wrenches to get into tight areas
Telescoping magnet tool for parts retrieval https://www.pinballlife.com/telescoping-magnet-tool.html
Vinyl Iron kit amazon.com link »
The Process and fix:
(***Disclaimer - any modifications done are solely at the discretion of the owner and I do not take responsibility for over ironing, or further damage to your playfield employing the methods below)
1. Unfortunately, there isn't a hard fast rule for preventing or stopping the pooling and chipping if left untouched. I'm just relaying my best possible solution fix that has held up for over 1000+ plays now after my applied fixes and still going strong with no spreading wear or new areas of pooling around new washers.
2. You can take a complete "protect it all" method straight out of the box or just protect the easier to tackle posts and employ a monitor fix methodology. I started seeing pooling at around 25 plays and started employing my techniques until around 250 plays. From that point I had no further damage and employed 29 new washers (and or larger metal replacements). Yes, you read that correctly 29. But, most are hidden from view and the clear PETG is the other advantage. You can cover large areas and multiple washers and it doesn't fill your playfield with unsightly washers. Here is a sample (some - not all of some of the problem areas I have had). https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP4pdonoGuVuEIqsBgtvZatV44oSnM2201uhGO_RYpcWJqY59vya8bPQ5-JNP0WDw?key=TkVjVngyMWhISTJZN05Mb1huLUloNjZiZ0tzV2dR
3. Technique:
a. Examine. What do you need to fix? Take a close look and document it all. Tackle the posts you can get to, save other areas for small projects. For example, you can combine removing the upper playfield to
Install cliffy scoop protectors
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197148 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/171#post-6243689, and while you're at it, install all the PETG you can.
b. Document and record. Take pictures. Label if necessary. When disassembling ramp areas or a new part, I lay the parts out in a line as I remove them so that I can work backwards and forwards for various stages of assembly and clearly see what screws and washers go where and when. It's a simple technique but very helpful once you have a bunch of various screws and washers of different shapes and sizes.
c. Trial fit. Lay out your fixes first. Determine what you need. A couple clear washers? A clear and a metal? A larger metal? What fits what and where? I try to always butt up a washer against another surface if I can to give the washer support. See the pic below as an example. Notice the post on the left ...here is where I used a 7/8 washer that sits against the inlane guiderail spacer. More support, less risk of movement and stress.
[quoted image]
d. Apply Iron fix technique. Yelobird and Buffalo pinball provided great step by steps and videos for this process.
Yelobird method
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands
Buffalo Pinball video

I allow my areas to cool to the touch after about 30 minutes and then apply the washers. I don't wait extended periods of time...maybe an hour max before reapplying the washers and this hasn't resulted in any mushy clear or repooling.
Some areas, I could not fit a 3/4 inch PETG so I upgraded those areas to a larger metal washer or cut a sliver off the PETG (they cut very well with scissors and do not fracture or crack..I also used a file on some to notch an area, the inlane washer near the AMP GNR lanes for example.
I also fabricated some of the clear PETG (cut slits, or cut portions of) to fit next to other metal posts or rails.
[quoted image]
e. Hand assemble posts back in position. I use hand tools and the 2 finger and a thumb tightening rule, that way it's snug yet not cranked down. Remember, the longer the tool, the more torque applied with the same force. Do not over tighten!!!! Can't stress this enough The PETG allows minor flexing and you should be able to get a very snug tight rigid fit of your post without "cranking down the post". The washer then provides very little contact with the playfield and doesn't dig in like the smaller metal washers do. See the pic below, the black circle around the post shows you the point of direct contact the washer makes with the playfield.
[quoted image]
f. Reassemble. Work slowly and backwards using the parts in reverse order that you have lined up, following your documentation and pics if necessary. Use the right tool for the right job. Don't force something if it's not correct. Use proper hex drivers and screw drivers for specific areas. The last thing you want is a stripped thread, or screw or nut that no longer functions or makes the issue worse. Worse yet, damaging areas or the playfield or assemblies trying to force something.
g. Protect while working. Use thick microfiber towels to protect the playfield from falling parts, and also to brace parts away from each other. Disassembling a ramp for example or partially removing the upper playfield. The towel can cushion and support the piece temporarily without scuffing or damaging other parts of the game.
h. Inspect your work after every 10 plays. Keep an eye on areas you fixed and always look out for new areas and apply the fixes accordingly and soon.
i. You will eventually arrive at a custom stopping point for your machine that will result in no further damage or pooling and you can finally start to enjoy the machine again. Take your time and have "Patience" - yes pun intended.
Please let me know if this helped you and if there is anything you'd like me to add or change.
At the end of the day, remember, it's about playing the game, not inspecting every square inch with a microscope. Hopefully these fixes will allow your anger to fade over time and bring back the true enjoyment this game can give. This is my view from a player's perspective. Washer's and all!
Thanks a bunch and happy flipping!
[quoted image]

This is fantastic info. WOW!!! Great job. A friend is bringing his CE over my house soon and we are doing both my CE and his at the same time. This detailed info you just shared will help tremendously!

#11317 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

My game has damage The "fix" just pushes the damage out further faster. Wish I would have just taken them off. I have pooling and some art splitting a little on my backstage. I would fix it before you play it. I have cliffy carbon fibers and some clear petg from pinballlife on order and plan to do what I can and have Sugartown pinball tech wizard out to do the rest. Stopped playing my game. Contacted support, they offered to send.... more washers. Also irritated that there was zero apology, empathy, even a feeling of them giving a shit.
Where is it that people are tracking the game numbers and damage? I want to add mine to it.

I think this is how most of us feel. No apology, no im sorry, no let me get you a playfield, nothing!!! Just very BAD customer service. Its a damn shame!!

#11320 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Game was built in April. Looked under the playfield and I don't see a date on the playfield itself. Where do I find it?

You need to look at the very back of the playfield. Not under it but the back of it where the wood is showing. It will have it stamped on it..Pull your playfield out and rest it on the lock down bar, than go to the back w/ a flashlight and look at the end of the playfield.

1 month later
#12509 2 years ago

Ok i am about to get back into my GNRCE and tear this down to put some washers on it, etc...Been way to busy to get it done. I have been out of the loop so here goes. What is the best method to use to fix these STUPID issues? At this time, i think i want to put washers on ALL post. If i am going to tear it down might as well. Cliffys are on the way so im getting close. Does anyone have the amount i need and sizes needed? I need to go w/ black because clear washers will show my damage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!

#12526 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think a good start is all here in a key post of biblical proportions from fooflighter located in the tech section and entitled NIB Bulletproofing:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

Thank u so much. Exactly what i needed. But i dont see black.

#12558 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Well shit. After about 500 plays after installing the PETG washers I am now seeing pooling in two places. The left ball guide by left spinner and the bare post inlane by the amp lights.
The inlane post had significant pooling and playfield paint was cracked. I removed the post and washer and tried to flatten with the iron. Although this removed the ripple it made a bit more of the paint chip away.
I covered the area with some Mylar and added a second silicone washer under the PETG and put the post back on. I’ll be keeping an eye on it. Shit

A professional pinball clearcoat guy told me, (can't mention names) said the washers WILL NOT STOP THIS!! It may help for a while but it will go past the washers in time. Nothing can be done..

#12559 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That is absolutely disgracefull corporate behavior and the reason they will never get another cent from me if i can help it.

I totally agree w/ this. I have supported JJP from 2013 to today. I have taken abuse defending them, you name it.. I'm done!! If they don't take care of people w/ all these issues, i hope this hurts future sales. Sorry to say this but each time i look at my GNRCE that i have not played in months, it pisses me off. To top it all off, it seems to be getting worse and i have not touched it. It's unbelievable. They should be ashamed of themselves...

#12655 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know if the height of the left ramp divertor can be adjusted? Mine is sitting just barely to low in the down position and as a result balls are getting stuck underneath it after they fall off the upper playfield.

Yes it can. Do you mean the left ramp that returns the ball back to the left inlane?

1 week later
#12874 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Container arrived full of pins and anxious owners.
All LEs are May builds with March build playfields.
Washers and longer posts with t+ lock nuts fitted from JJP.
CEs are cheese
LEs are all starting to chip, mainly at the pop bumper posts.
Let’s just say owners are pissed off!

What sucks is JJP is still producing the pin! They will not stop. When it leaves the factory they know its a good chance the pins will have problems. I just can’t believe it!!!

#12875 2 years ago

#12876 2 years ago

I wonder what % of people are having issues?

#12883 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

So to be clear even if the washers have been installed owners are still having chipping and pooling issues?

Yes. Mine came with washers and its gone past the washers.

#12885 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This should lighten things up a bit [quoted image]

Can you provide a link? If this is real this is another nail in the coffin for JJP. The bad publicity is killing them.

#12888 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't see this as a nail in the coffin , just someone reaching for the heavens .
No harm in asking
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-eliza/collectables/guns-n-roses-collectors-edition-pinball-machine/1278712875

#12899 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

There's a great Spider-Man up for sale on our forum in UK.
Play-field is fantastic other than slight nic above the doc magnet
It’s probably had 30k + plays..... then you look at these NIB GnR PFs....
Depressing

My 1994 Addams Gold is perfect. 27 years old.

#12920 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Just spent 6 hours over 2 days installing full cliffys and a petg washer under almost every post. Hope it works.

Please keep us posted. About to do the same in 1 week

#13014 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

[quoted image]
I have some mylar starting to lift just below one of the pops. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Do I just try to re-adhere to the playfield? Does it need to be heated?

If that was me i would freeze spray it off, clean the area and put new mylar down.

1 month later
#14743 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seems things are definitely better after june/july builds. The playfield on mine is definitely different from prior g@r ones and other jjp titles . Looks like something with the digital printing is different and the clearcoat is for sure thinner and not as shiny. So something was changed and it seems to have helped overall bc we are not hearing about the playfield issues much on the newer builds. I hope this is a step in the right direction for micro/jjp bc the games are really great but keep getting a bad rep bc of the issues.

How can you tell they are different? I thought ALL playfields were already made.

3 weeks later
#15608 2 years ago

I have begun to tear mine down for washers.

3E696235-6316-4020-A0BC-E105A7BC3D8C (resized).jpeg3E696235-6316-4020-A0BC-E105A7BC3D8C (resized).jpeg
#15722 2 years ago

Is this what everyone is ordering? I ordered washers from Titan but the holes are to small.

AD0B08B0-790F-409B-A9E4-36ED6F8C1AB5 (resized).pngAD0B08B0-790F-409B-A9E4-36ED6F8C1AB5 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#16758 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Not sure this will be to most people’s liking but I could not resist myself. New decoration for shooter lane. Surprisingly it does not block barely any view of skill shot inserts from player’s position. We’ll see how long it stays there.

I think it looks great.

2 weeks later
#17594 2 years ago

I’m finally back to playing again. Tons of washers added, new rubbers, etc….

222EC4ED-E745-4812-A2F0-EE4D289CB54A (resized).jpeg222EC4ED-E745-4812-A2F0-EE4D289CB54A (resized).jpeg
#17655 2 years ago

What is every ones flipper settings set at. I noticed when I downloaded the new code, it changed my settings on the flippers.

1 week later
#17894 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got a new (to me) call out tonight. Tilted, and Slash said, “I see you got your stupid vaccine.” LOL!

OMG that’s awesome.

2 weeks later
#18449 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Mark, funny
I owned a DILE for a few years and the chipping was a much bigger deal (my SIM card had a major chip after 50 plays A cliffy covered the damage, but it was way worse than the pooling on #454 (the GNRLE you owned for a couple hours
The pooling on my Bealtles Gold was/is way worse than my GNR. I've never had any pooling regress into something larger, so minor pooling doesn't freak me out at all (which is why I felt comfortable purchasing the game). Overall, the build quality on GNR #454 is great. I lifted the PF today and was really stuck by how sharp/solid everything was. Not saying JJP shouldn't continue to shoot for perfection, but all NIB games come with issues. As long as the manufacturers try to "make things right", it's all good.

You had Beatles issues?

#18452 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles playfields, at least in the initial shipment had pretty widespread pooling. Stern was hardcore about keeping it quiet, though. Saying things to owners like "if you post pics about this issue, you won't get assistance" etc. Seemed very draconian at the time.

Wow. Never knew. Stern threatened customers as well. Dang!

#18471 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

>You had Beatles issues?

Despite what you read on pinside , JJP isn't the only manufacturer that can have poor customer service and Playfield issues .

This is 1000% true....

1 week later
#18677 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Loving this game!! I got a couple things done today. Red under cabinet lighting, installed the topper, Tilt's lockdown magnet, and a spotlight on Axl. For those that have added a spotlight, where did you tap power at?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to tell but in your picture of the upper playfield, why does it look like the washer is sinking into the playfield?

2 weeks later
#19170 2 years ago

GNR is totally awesome. Out of all the music pins, it has to be the GOAT.. Hands down.. I do like Aerosmith and Metallica. Good pins for sure. But GNR is in another league..

5 months later
#21880 1 year ago

Anyone selling GNR for TS?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.