(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,237 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #256 Rules posted by Eric as of Feb 2020 Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #510 R&M Options Posted by Morinack (4 years ago)

Post #589 Useful post for coin door comparison. Posted by NeilMcRae (4 years ago)

Post #637 More code rules - Adventures full lost Posted by epthegeek (4 years ago)

Post #745 Club thread reminder. Posted by TigerLaw (4 years ago)

Post #748 Cards for the game rules and what not. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #751 Darker outline for instruction cards. Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #976 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Wireform ball launch and coil adjustment Posted by timmmmyboy (4 years ago)

Post #1006 TECH:Pitch recommendation from Scott. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I wish the game started with a bit of juice in the anti-grav, cause it's so much fun to use!

It does! About 2 seconds’ worth at game start. Enough time to save the ball? Definitely

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'm curious as to how different/more effective thisnmagnasave is versus Black Knight SOR.. that magnasave does nothing bit frustrate me as it slows the ball but never saves it from outlane drain...

It’s in a place that makes it usable as a Magna Save

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is there the possibility for Morty to go "off the grid" when playing "Roy - a life well lived"?... like Rick does.

Like a single lit White Shot, in only one phase through Roy, that takes you off grid!

This is a very interesting idea and I encourage you to play Roy in unusual ways.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Please tell me you’ve invited Bowen. No disrespect to everyone who played in the last stream, but I’m really looking forward to seeing a top shelf player familiar with the game take it on in a focused session.

I live 1000 miles away but I’m not above raising money for travel

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The next one, Rick’s favorite catchphrase:[quoted image]

Ummmm...

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 2.09.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-26 at 2.09.00 PM (resized).png
#1189 4 years ago

Most seeds I’ve seen so far. They come in handy. Nicely done!

#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ooh Wee! I just got some kind of super duper skill shot.. I squanched the ball and hit 2 loop shots in a row and then nailed the garage when it came around the 3rd time.. I got 1.2 million points for doing it and a really cool call out that I can’t remember.[quoted image]

BOOOOOM shaka laka! Yes, there are special skill shot lines that only play under these circumstances.

That is a great feeling, and each loop adds a multiplier to the skill shots. You also got a dimension immediately

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It would be great to see combo bonuses and callouts like the five way combo in Shadow or Attack from Mars.

There are combo bonuses, you can see the awards in the upper right corner of the screen when they happen. There is also a combo champion.

We decided that because there was so much going on, we did not want to interrupt the music or display or other callouts. It’s definitely a game-by-game decision, there is more visible attention to combos in Alice Cooper.

3 weeks later
#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My wife just put up a 15 million and then an 11 million game. Now I need new code so I can reset those score

Guess what new code doesn’t do?

2 weeks later
#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Mr Meeseeks on trying to keep this thread upbeat and positive...
Lighten up people... lot worse things going on in the world right now.
Let’s at least try keep our fun hobby that we escape to more positive!
[quoted image]

... don't they immediately start trying to kill one another?

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Absolutely, we need a Bowen R&M video soon. For that matter, during these shelter at home times I wish he would redo some of his older videos for games that have had code updates as well. Tron, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Iron Man could all use new videos from him with the more modern HD cameras on the new rules.
So, what are people doing for cards for R&M? I think Spooky should sell some high gloss professional looking ones...would look way better than what I generate on my color printer. Maybe even some type of molded cards.

I am not sure how you expect me to film those videos.

I did stream R&M on Twitch last week and will try again sometime this week.

2 weeks later
#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hey epthegeek I’m going to order one of those USB extension cables whysnow recommended for easy updates. Just looking at my shipping options... when do I need it by??!

Nice try though

You think there is only one planned update? Hmmmm

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How many adventure modes are in the game now?

Six

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It'd be funny if you posted a "beta" where all it did was play "Human Music"!

Human music? I like it.

2 weeks later
#3156 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The art on Rick and Morty had an Easter egg from the second half of season 4 that no seems to have noticed yet.
If you saw the awesome vat of acid episode that premiered a couple weeks ago you might recognize the ladle on the artwork on the right side of the backbox.

Wonder is Spooky knew about the episode before it aired?[quoted image]

There may even be an art reference to an even more recent episode...

1 week later
#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That's a good thing!... not many things in pinball more irritating than that horrible fake screeching noise that some mobs substitute for reality. Better off with nothing at all if one doesn't want a physical knocker, than some god awful sfx.

What’s not to like about a loud screeching noise announcing a replay?!

2 weeks later
#4046 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not bad
[quoted image]

Megaseeds! Get some!

3 months later
#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What’s the Jerry bonus?

At the end of Meeseeks Mania, hit Jerry and you can re-collect *the entire amount you earned in the multiball*.

But it's on a hurry-up.

And if you miss and hit Beth or Summer, it's dead and you are a loooooooser.

The idea comes from the end of the Meeseeks episode, where Jerry is challenged to prove his short game has improved.

#7047 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have not gotten meseeks MB yet.

Huh. It should happen from collecting 3 Meeseeks during the game. Focus on that blue target a bit! Sometimes the bumper will hit it.

4 months later
#11612 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, I'm not up on the subtleties of the rules...keeping the ball in play and making the shots is keeping me very busy!
That's part of what's cool about combos, they are orthogonal to the rules and a great way to reward the player with some points! The 6-way combo I made earlier today definitely deserved some points (it included the "Left ramp to upper loop to garage" mentioned by metallik above).

Combos score points and have a display effect and sound effect ... they just don't have as much visibility because there is a lot else going on. Look for the Rickombo ... left ramp to upper loop to garage

#11628 3 years ago

I GOT NOOBOMBO'D

#11649 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Ha ha!
Hey Bowen, any chance we’ll see a tutorial video from you on this great game?

Indeed... it's been filmed. Might need to be refilmed due to a recording issue. I hope not, I got pretty deep into Love Potion.

#11804 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You have Bowen Kerins on staff who can knock out my score of 138M without sweating. Has Bowen tried the new code? Seems like giving the code to someone who can play for 20-30 minutes straight (who works on R&M) is the way to go. Preferably with temp probes installed like I have.

Are you really asking if Eric is "giving the code" to someone whose job it is to test and help improve the game... and asking if I've played the game for more than 30 minutes straight?

Oy. You don't have much faith in us, huh?

4 weeks later
#12420 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Hey epthegeek, any chance for a option to make mode selection deterministic?
Perhaps set a playfield feature to increment the current "lit" mode, and have the scoop timer briefly show the current lit mode number anytime that playfield feature is hit? You could be nice and make it something simple like a ramp... or slightly evil and make it the slam ring, or really evil and make it the spinner LOL Would add a little strategy, allowing more freedom to setup desirable stacks. Leaving dimensions randomized still mixes things up.
Would also help with troubleshooting, making it easier to setup situations for testing, debugging, etc. I was going to try troubleshooting Schwifty back in the day but the game decided to be a dick and never awarded it when I pulled the glass...

No. You are Morty, and Morty doesn't get to make those choices.

You can set the machine for tournament play, which standardizes the order of both dimensions and adventures.

#12423 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope the next Spooky game is $15k, has $2000 topper & won’t even work unless you pay $1000 a year for a subscription. Just for you.

I approve this message

2 weeks later
#12919 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe I need to pay more attention, but I've only ever had 4 balls during that. 3 for Grom + 1 for Meeseeks. I've only ever got 1 additional ball during any Meeseeks, not 2.
Additionally, I'm still confused about the loading of the portal, because that would mean, unless you make the portal shot right as you lose the rest of your balls, in any other moment of play, when you reload the portal, it would have to launch a new ball from the shooter lane. I would have noticed that.
The way this would have to work is you guys are saying it's ejecting the 5th ball from the portal trough when MB kicks in...I have never seen that happen.

Yes, this is exactly what it does! You can earn one add-a-ball from each multiball, and if there are already 4 balls in play, it will serve the portal ball ... fast!

2 weeks later
#13541 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I used atomic micrometer calipers from dimension C-138 to measure mine. The black flipper bats measured at 3.78 Schlem Schlems. Damn it Spooky!

The real ones will cost you 25 Schmeckles.

#13561 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I just realized you can enter your initials with the magnet button instead of the start button. That's a convenient little feature.

Or the launch button. Any button that isn't the flippers.

1 week later
#13913 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I just watched the Bowen tutorial and see that if a mode is completed a green stamp is awarded, that is useful for the min-wizard mode.
Am I right in thinking there are no high reward completion bonuses for competing modes?
Guess I have played too much Maiden!

Each completion (green stamp) gives a +1x multiplier to scores when a Morty Card is completed, which can be very big!

But in general we chose not to repeat what we did in ACNC with the completion bonus hurry up. There are some adventures with hurry up finales, but you kind of have to look for them!

#13931 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

And can invoke much sadness when you make 3 quick 5x potion shots for 6M then drain immediately after the ballsaver ends

This is precisely why the first few shots in Potion are worth so much

1 week later
#14186 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi. Anyone know of the software has any verbal callouts to the Noob Noob target? Callouts or mode? Im thinking of a new toy/mod above the Noob target but I dont want if its being referred to as Noob in the game.

Yes to both.

2 weeks later
#14635 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So I guess you really need to have the magna-finger itching and pressing any time you *think* the ball *might* be headed that way? I've never had a game with magna-save before and it kills me how "by the time the ball is there it's too late so what's the point?" the timing seems to be.
But on the other hand, the few times I've successfully made it work have been god-like and hilarious. It's crazy how the ball just gets flung out on a random arc, and that bzzt-fart noise timed with it is hilarious.
I will NOT dwell on the equal number of times where the manga-save has instead quite clearly farted the ball into the OUTLANE though. It seems so coin-flip arbitrary, I almost can't be mad "if it might have ended there anyway"? Coin-flip win-some-lose-some and all. But still stings to know the MS killed me when it otherwise might have settled into the inlane...
...this thing is so whack, but so fun. Like all pinball I hope one day I look back on my play at this point and think "yeah, you were dumb and crappy then... it's all so obvious and better now".

It helps to think exactly where the magnet is (the A) and if you want the ball pushed up or out you have to wait until it gets on the other side of the A. And it's a pretty powerful magnet so you generally don't need more than a half-second of pulse to do useful things.

1 year later
#18601 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

No he left some time ago. There was also a post from him on pinside.

I didn't "leave", I was laid off in 2021.

As I've said elsewhere Spooky decided they prefer to lean on their local talent, and I wish them well.

I have been working with Multimorphic as a rules advisor on Weird Al.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club?tu=bkerins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.