(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 405.
#13501 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

#704 arrived a day early today!
I just unboxed it and tried a game and noticed this problem: the lights on left side of machine stay on and white, both count down LEDs stay “88” and do not turn off. Right side lights will color change during game and attract. Anyone know the fix? Thanks for any help-
[quoted image]

Check all you cable connections under the playfield...I had to glue a couple areas...ribbon cables anyway

#13502 2 years ago

Found the culprit. Thanks!

BDB0AC93-77E6-4627-9E83-58E6A5490C01 (resized).jpegBDB0AC93-77E6-4627-9E83-58E6A5490C01 (resized).jpegDD176DCF-7113-4E5F-B7EA-020836B01861 (resized).jpegDD176DCF-7113-4E5F-B7EA-020836B01861 (resized).jpeg
#13503 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

#704 arrived a day early today!
I just unboxed it and tried a game and noticed this problem: the lights on left side of machine stay on and white, both count down LEDs stay “88” and do not turn off. Right side lights will color change during game and attract. Anyone know the fix? Thanks for any help-
[quoted image]

Check all of the colored ribbon cables under the playfield to see if they came loose in shipping. They should have hot glue on them but i had a couple that had come undone during shipping and had to push them back in fully and apply some hot glue. After my light issues went away(weird numbers on the counters, lights wrong color etc)

#13504 2 years ago

#704 in its place! Just took this Jerry a bit to find the connection.

F322DD41-FBC6-44C4-AE38-51180792306E (resized).jpegF322DD41-FBC6-44C4-AE38-51180792306E (resized).jpeg
#13506 2 years ago

Don’t hate on the Jerry Editon Woz.

#13507 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I hate that type of flipper mech bolt, yeah they're easier to do up but I've broken quite a few with less torque than is needed to secure the flipper.

I agree! Not a Spooky problem, but a problem none the less. It is the worst design in pinball. I’ve always wondered why flippers don’t join together with some kind of lock pin that slides through the flipper shaft or maybe even set screws. The “squeezed metal” approach seems really ineffective. Perhaps the torque is just too high for other approaches…but I doubt it.

#13508 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I agree! Not a Spooky problem, but a problem none the less. It is the worst design in pinball. I’ve always wondered why flippers don’t join together with some kind of lock pin that slides through the flipper shaft or maybe even set screws. The “squeezed metal” approach seems really ineffective. Perhaps the torque is just too high for other approaches…but I doubt it.

Set screws have been used in the past.. they wind up gouging the flipper bat shaft and make future adjustments difficult. I figure they also added to manufacturing costs.

The silver bolt shown is fine when it's made properly. WMS switched to them later in the WPC run to make installation easier and I don't recall any of those ever breaking. Their pawl clamps aren't so hot, you only get a few reinstalls before they close up and stop tightening.

#13509 2 years ago

Two most important parts of a pin IMO are the playfield and the flippers. These should be of the highest quality or you are not making great pins. I have faith Spooky can find the solution to the flipper issues like they did with the playfield. Go Spooky!

#13510 2 years ago

Speaking of flippers, my machine came from the factory with black flipper bats and rubbers. I feel like most come with white?

EC35257B-7CE2-431B-B32C-32BA926A0808 (resized).jpegEC35257B-7CE2-431B-B32C-32BA926A0808 (resized).jpeg
#13511 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Speaking of flippers, my machine came from the factory with black flipper bats and rubbers. I feel like most come with white?
[quoted image]

I think it looks good!

#13512 2 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Two most important parts of a pin IMO are the playfield and the flippers. These should be of the highest quality or you are not making great pins. I have faith Spooky can find the solution to the flipper issues like they did with the playfield. Go Spooky!

Latest code fixed the problems. If you play the game hard you might want to add fans, but that's no different from most games these days.

#13513 2 years ago

#655 arrived.

This pin is amazing. Best sound/theme and possibly game this year ( the award shows really missed by elevating gnr, imho). It’s hard to explain how good this game is. A home run Spooky.

I really wish more folks could play this pin. I hope a few get out on routes. If you do get a chance to play one, do so! Also, holy shit at the sound system on this....

#13514 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

Woah that’s interesting... I really like the look of black flipper bats actually. I was #706 and mine came with the standard white.

#13515 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

My rubbers are all black except the slings. Edit: Oh bats...interesting.

#13516 2 years ago

My dad came over today and tried R&M, never seen the show, but loved it.

#13517 2 years ago

SLOW DOWN!!! Lookin good

#13518 2 years ago

You hiding in the ball trough bitch!!!

#13519 2 years ago

As they say in Canada.... peace ooooooot!!!

#13520 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

Is this all black flipper scheme mean you're game #2,000 for Spooky?

#13521 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

I'd love to know the story behind Spooky putting the black flipper bats and rubber on your game.

#13522 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd love to know the story behind Spooky putting the black flipper bats and rubber on your game.

"Who ordered the black flipper bats?"
"Not me."
"What should we do?"
"Eh, put them on, nobody will notice."

#13523 2 years ago

Apparently my build was for a small run made for Blips and Chitz! They ordered black flipper bats for location play. Blips and Chitz edition!

30893AE7-CAD5-4998-9A78-6F8D79E97A49 (resized).jpeg30893AE7-CAD5-4998-9A78-6F8D79E97A49 (resized).jpeg
#13524 2 years ago

How long is the gap between the unofficial code release and official code release? I am not having major flipper issues and prefer to wait for the official release, but its kind of like discovering a hidden wrapped present that you knew was for you as a kid...I am shaking it and wondering what it will be like to enjoy it

#13525 2 years ago

Should be getting my #722 RAM in a few days, according to Spooky! My first NIB.

#13526 2 years ago

Hey guys my Rick and Morty came today! First pin hoy it mostly set up but my keys don't seem to work in the back board, and I don't really understand how to get the playfield glass off I assumed it was accessible.through the coin door but have yet to figure it out.

#13527 2 years ago
Quoted from Murderface:

Hey guys my Rick and Morty came today! First pin hoy it mostly set up but my keys don't seem to work in the back board, and I don't really understand how to get the playfield glass off I assumed it was accessible.through the coin door but have yet to figure it out.

There are 2 sets of keys. The one you have should open the coin door. Hanging on the inside of the coin door is another set that opens the backbox.

You remove the playfield glass by first removing the lockdown bar. The lockdown bar is removed by unhooking two clasps through the coinbox, then sliding the glass down.

Good luck!

#13528 2 years ago
Quoted from Murderface:

Backbox keys are on a hook inside the coin door next to the coin mech.

Lock bar can be removed by two latches inside the cabinet on the front, one on either side of the coin door. Unlatch both of those, remove the lockbar and the glass can slide out.

#13529 2 years ago
Quoted from Murderface:

Does yours have black flipper bats?

#13531 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Does yours have black flipper bats?

Lol it does. Anyone have any idea yet as to what that was all about? It actually made me laugh when I saw it,

#13532 2 years ago

could be as simple as a part(color) shortage and replacement with what is available.

#13533 2 years ago

Black bats means they are using parts for their upcoming game - Zombieland!

(I'm just making this up).

#13534 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

could be as simple as a part(color) shortage and replacement with what is available.

yeah...they used black for ACNC with purple flipper rubbers. Looks really good too.
89E690F3-C4D5-435A-BE30-C43BFB10B5B1 (resized).jpeg89E690F3-C4D5-435A-BE30-C43BFB10B5B1 (resized).jpeg

#13535 2 years ago

Are the black bat games Standards? That could have been a funny difference to match the other trim, but I didn't think any standards have shipped.
(EDIT: Duh, forgot johnnyutah posted pic of his whole game as a BSE. NVM!)

(Regardless, Jack White approves...)

#13536 2 years ago

No, mine with the black bats is a Blood suckers. I dig them. Will probably swap out to purple rubber like That ACNC once necessary, looks cool.

#13537 2 years ago

Those of you with black flipper bats, make sure you measure the tips to ensure that they are exactly 3mm and that you're using a 12" ruler to do so. This is very important.

#13538 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Those of you with black flipper bats, make sure you measure the tips to ensure that they are exactly 3mm and that you're using a 12" ruler to do so. This is very important.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13539 2 years ago

I used atomic micrometer calipers from dimension C-138 to measure mine. The black flipper bats measured at 3.78 Schlem Schlems. Damn it Spooky!

#13540 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

Cool, that's the 4th R&M in Idaho that I know of.

It’s gonna be the only one in the area on location, that’s for sure

#13541 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I used atomic micrometer calipers from dimension C-138 to measure mine. The black flipper bats measured at 3.78 Schlem Schlems. Damn it Spooky!

The real ones will cost you 25 Schmeckles.

#13542 2 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:It’s gonna be the only one in the area on location,

Where?

I have to go in there and put my buddies initials in for Chief Ball Fondler.

#13543 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Where?
I have to go in there and put my buddies initials in for Chief Ball Fondler.

It will be at Berserk Bar in Spokane

#13544 2 years ago

Had some defects on my art blades from the factory so I put tilt graphics ones on, original ones are pretty blah anyway.

20210513_212143 (resized).jpg20210513_212143 (resized).jpg20210513_212149 (resized).jpg20210513_212149 (resized).jpg20210513_213159 (resized).jpg20210513_213159 (resized).jpg20210513_213204 (resized).jpg20210513_213204 (resized).jpg
#13545 2 years ago

They look great. Wish you could get mirror blades for this....

#13546 2 years ago

I'm a few days behind, but I just installed the new code update...beautiful! I was one of those that had no flipper issues before the last update...and then no matter what I changed it to, I was having some kind of knockdown or goofy issues. Now with this new update...*chef's kiss*...back to perfection, no knockdowns, it's all good now! Thanks Eric!

#13547 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Had some defects on my art blades from the factory so I put tilt graphics ones on, original ones are pretty blah anyway.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, these blades actually look pretty darn good once they are installed. When I first saw that design I kept thinking "How many times can the artist cut and paste the same damn rocks and planets?" But (now that I see it installed) I would definitely consider this. Thanks for posting some pictures of the installed artwork.

Screenshot 2021-05-14 6.49.40 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-05-14 6.49.40 AM (resized).png

#13548 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm a few days behind, but I just installed the new code update...beautiful! I was one of those that had no flipper issues before the last update...and then no matter what I changed it to, I was having some kind of knockdown or goofy issues. Now with this new update...*chef's kiss*...back to perfection, no knockdowns, it's all good now! Thanks Eric!

So am I the only sucker waiting for the "official" update then? I figured it would be a day or two before it was available on Spooky's site but I'm losing patience. If not official by EOD, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and installing the unofficial 5/11 code. I just figured that the issues with the 5/11 test code would maybe be fixed before it goes official...but this is my first Spooky pin and I got it just a month or so ago so I don't know anything.

Wait or not to wait?

#13549 2 years ago

If everyone waits before installing the unofficial update it won't become official. Eric needs some wide testing to shake out uncommon situations in the code. The more people that try the unofficial and submit comments the quicker things get tested/fixed and the code becomes official. Its easy to install updates just do it. IF you hate something about it you can always install the last official version.

Quoted from orlandu81:

So am I the only one waiting for the "official" update then? I figured it would be a day or two before it was available on Spooky's site but I'm losing patience. If not official by EOD, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and installing the unofficial 5/11 code. I just figured that the issues with the 5/11 test code would maybe be fixed before it goes official...but this is my first Spooky pin and I got it just a month or so ago.

#13550 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

So am I the only sucker waiting for the "official" update then? I figured it would be a day or two before it was available on Spooky's site but I'm losing patience. If not official by EOD, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and installing the unofficial 5/11 code. I just figured that the issues with the 5/11 test code would maybe be fixed before it goes official...but this is my first Spooky pin and I got it just a month or so ago so I don't know anything.
Wait or not to wait?

It's got a number of bugs, but if your flippers are being problematic, I highly recommend trying it out. The more people who can say if it helps or not will help him decide what to do with it.

I dont know what the turnaround time is, but it will depend on what bugs he can flush out before officially releasing it as well. If you don't like it you can always revert back to the older code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 300.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,999 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/271 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.