Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 370.
#17601 6 years ago

Next spurt about to be posted. Being verified.

#17602 6 years ago

xmas is coming fast. do courts shut down for civil cases for 2 weeks for the holidays?

#17603 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Next spurt about to be posted. Being verified.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are following up on the Facebook claim in the Pinball Enthusiasts group.

#17604 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

So when is the next "big spurt" going to happen then.........LOL.
John

You want to know so you can make sure to have your eye protection on?

#17605 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are following up on this...

Not me. I do not have Pacer.

#17606 6 years ago

On the Pinball Enthusiasts pace on Facebook, Tim Fife is claiming that the case against him was dismissed. And that Keith’s name is not on the document which is apparently on Pacer.

F7920903-6919-431D-8313-4F2BF7B0A10F (resized).pngF7920903-6919-431D-8313-4F2BF7B0A10F (resized).png

#17607 6 years ago

Here is the document.

fife_46.pdffife_46.pdf

#17608 6 years ago

Again, losing further interest.

John

#17609 6 years ago

wtf

#17610 6 years ago

Pretty funny if Tim Fife thinks his days in court are over just because the bankruptcy court deemed the games were not recoverable based on his story/lack of proof that he was the primary purchaser...

Sad that the judge made part of his conclusion ignoring that Tim clearly new the back story about the game/SkitB before taking possession, but then again it appears that had little impact on his decision. With no proof that Tim was the primary purchaser, not much to be done.

It is not over Tim. Some will give up, but many won't

I do like that he claims to have paid 8k for the game as it will be hard for him to ever sell it for more than that. Looking up his lawyer, i am guessing he also spent quite a bit more than the 8k already just to hire him.

#17611 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here is the document.

So the rumors are true.. he took all that money, PLUS he took side money for a predator and EOD cabinet. They can't go after Tim because he's a 3rd party, and I'm assuming they also can't go after the first party (because he's just buying a product).. And I'm sure that money also is spent by Kevin and not documented.

#17612 6 years ago

PIC-36-net-diagram-big.gifPIC-36-net-diagram-big.gif

#17613 6 years ago

Wanted for questioning:

Mister-Miyagi-Karate-Kid-face-closeup (resized).jpgMister-Miyagi-Karate-Kid-face-closeup (resized).jpg

#17614 6 years ago

Based on previous audio, when there is a decision Keith has written up the document for the judge to sign. In this case, would the defendant's attorney written this up?

#17615 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

would the defendant's attorney written this up?

I was wondering the same thing. This order wasn't in the usual format. The defendant's attorney writes up the suggested order, doesn't he? Surely, the judge didn't write this lengthy piece.

Mike in Kentucky

#17616 6 years ago

Maybe it's official now? He is legend?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17617 6 years ago

Yeah, when Keith started posting in this thread and signing off as "Legend" I started to get worried.

#17618 6 years ago

That ruling stated many interesting things. Not the least of which that there is no proof that Kevin didn’t have a license to make Predator. Say what?

Also, Kevin toured with the Myth Busters dudes, so if Keith was going after the EOD cabinet as a “non-licensed” artifact that just seems dead wrong. And more than a little sloppy.

The Trustee definitely got spanked some here. Ouch.

I’m also curious if Keith remains involved. Anyone know for sure?

#17619 6 years ago

Here's the way i read it. (I'm not a laywer. I don't even play one on TV..)

I believe that's written by the judge, not counsel for either party. It sounds like when the Trustee started the case against Fife, this Magyari wasn't known about. As details were revealed, this Magyari showed up. Apparently, they were able to press their point that this middle man didn't know the games were 'contraband', and because of other cases, that pretty much rules out the ability to get the machines back. The judge also had the question of what the Trustees woudl DO with the unlicensed games, should they be returned.

IMHO, all these cases are prep work for the trustees, to try and line up what Kulek has for his Bankruptcy hearings. It's like a video game - these are side-quests, to help with the main quest with Kulek.

Other than Tim being a real dick (pardon, but.. not sorry.), the Judge believes that Tim wasn't in the wrong buying the machines.

#17620 6 years ago

Spot on,esp the part about Timmy. There will be some surprises for him down the road

#17621 6 years ago

Seeing how I’ve only been on the forums for a relatively short amount of time I wasn’t quite al up to speed on this. I could only tell it was a hot button topic from the number of pages and new posts.

I finally have been digging in and doing a fair amount of reading here and DAMN is this messed up on so many levels.

The most obvious is how someone could STEAL that much money from innocent folks and from what I can tell have ZERO remorse.

Even if he had the license (which we know was false) this guy would have never been capable of producing all 250. If he had been able to it would have taken multiple years.

I think the most fascinating thing to me is how this guy was able to convince so many people to buy into this game. I’m not attempting to call those whom were scammed on this stupid in anyway he just literally comes off looking like a fool from pictures I’ve seen. I’m guessing he was just a fast talker and clearly was convincing.

I’d figure after all this the guy would go into hiding but a quick Facebook search would prove otherwise. I just can’t wrap my mind around it.

For those that have been ripped off by this guy I feel horrible for you and hope that someone you’re able to be repayed either monetarily (seems unlikely but who knows) or by getting the satisfaction of one day hearing a judge sentence him to one of those “pound me in the ass” style prisons.

Best of luck I’ll be continuing to monitor this thread.

#17622 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There will be some surprises for him down the road

At this point I doubt it.

#17623 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

At this point I doubt it.

The whole thing seems to have deflated at this point.

#17624 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I think the most fascinating thing to me is how this guy was able to convince so many people to buy into this game.

He had a working game that he took around to shows.....

#17625 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I know this. His outward appearance just doesn’t project an ability to actually pull through on said promises.

He mostly just looks like a guy who lives in his parents basement and yells, “MOM, THE MEATLOAF”.

#17626 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The whole thing seems to have deflated at this point.

Yup, gonna fizzle out like like a sparkler on the fourth of july. Kevin will re enter the hobby mid 2018 and by 2019 he will be visible at expos...someone might take his picture, from behind of course...

#17627 6 years ago

no one has patience anymore in this instant gratification world we now live in.

#17628 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yup, gonna fizzle out like like a sparkler on the fourth of july. Kevin will re enter the hobby mid 2018 and by 2019 he will be visible at expos...someone might take his picture, from behind of course...

I get the feeling that it’s lost it’s forward momentum as well. If that dude starts going to shows he’s likely to catch a beat down.

#17629 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Working is a relative term

#17630 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Kevin will re enter the hobby mid 2018 and by 2019 he will be visible at expos...someone might take his picture, from behind of course...

Gosh, I doubt he starts going to shows again. Would have to answer too many questions from people. I think he's out of pinball (the hobby side anyway) other than as some type of rout operator.

#17631 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I know this. His outward appearance just doesn’t project an ability to actually pull through on said promises.
He mostly just looks like a guy who lives in his parents basement and yells, “MOM, THE MEATLOAF”.

His appearance was what allowed me to escape this fiasco unscathed.

#17632 6 years ago

Been following this since the beginning since it began around the time I joined Pinside.

What a boring finale to this shitshow.

#17633 6 years ago

Wasn't the house value claimed by the trustee? The house payment was one of the most traceable and most egregious usages of the skit-b money and at least that got clawed back.

#17634 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

no one has patience anymore in this instant gratification world we now live in.

yup, this is merely phase 1 of a multiple phase set of litigation yet to come.

The pain of the US justice system is how slow it goes on.
The beauty of the US justice system is that it can exert a certain amount of pain and suffering due to its pace.

I will remind every one od the story as it stands from a court perspective:
1. Attempt to have criminal charges deined originally due to lack of evidence/ bandwidth for detectives to go after Kuleck
2. Civil cases started (Enaud wins his own case; multiple others hire lawyer to represent them and things go very well through discovery)
3. Kuleck claims bankruptcy which end up being a windfall for everyone else. The state then takes up the case via trustee that hires special lawyer familiar with the civil matters. Civil matter put on hold while banruptcy proceeds.
4. Bankruptcy finds that Kulek will forever owe ALL debts. HUGE WIN! Trustee goes on to use discovery and try and find the money. Again a nice thing to have the state use resources to go after the funds.
5. Many funds are found. Many settlements from people paid money from Kuleck which they now are on the hook for to the trustee/state. Some funds still in court and waiting conclusion. Happily the Kuleck house proves to be more money owed and gets the wife on the hook. Mama K determined to have a non-recoverable asset and dropped (old lady is pathetic and provided some quality entertainment along the way). Fife shown to be more os a scumbag and will get caught up in multiple stories told in court record at a later time, even though bankruptcy court did not have evidence needed to force recovery of games he has. (bonus that he had to spent even more money to hire representation; wonder if he learned a lesson for getting invloved?)
6. After bankruptcy is over then civil cases can resume.
7. Bonus chapter... during the depositions and questionings in bankruptcy, MANY criminal actions were both uncovered and admitted to on the record. This will likely provide ample foder to push for criminal charges in the future (no need for those now as there is still civil court)
8. Extra bonus... IRS reporting issues uncovered and always a nice ace up the sleeve to use at a later date.

We are seriously in the early phase of all this based on the US court system. I plan to keep on this for years and through all the steps. It costs me little, I am potted in at thsi point, and I like to ensure this whoel family has less ability to scam others in the future.

Quoted from frolic:

Wasn't the house value claimed by the trustee? The house payment was one of the most traceable and most egregious usages of the skit-b money and at least that got clawed back.

plus money to Paul which I beleive we are still waiting on conclusion.

#17635 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

His appearance was what allowed me to escape this fiasco unscathed.

As I mentioned hundreds of pages ago, I walked out of his Expo presentation after ten minutes or so as it was so obvious.

#17636 6 years ago

so, here's a question. who's is this actually? (I'm not going to cast any stones just yet)

but if who owns this is actually who I think it is, shouldn't the rest of you should be shouting "WTF"?
madison.craigslist.org link

#17637 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

so, here's a question. who's is this actually? (I'm not going to cast any stones just yet)
but if who owns this is actually who I think it is, shouldn't the rest of you should be shouting "WTF"?

Thanks Obama!

#17638 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it appears to be someone attempting to troll me in my hunt for a star light pf. Feel free to flag it to remove. Pretty cowardly thing (all beit slightly amusing to the 12 year old in all of us)

#17639 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sounds like a great reaon to throw $5k at somebody!!! Where the heck do I sign up???

#17640 6 years ago

This was at the same time Popaduik was taking $15K preorders on Magic Girl, $5K must have seemed like a bargain!

And at least he had a prototype! All Jpop had was, what, artwork and hand waving?

#17641 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

As I mentioned hundreds of pages ago, I walked out of his Expo presentation after ten minutes or so as it was so obvious.

I felt the same way after seeing the game and crew at MPE. The whole project looked jenky and when the hanging anatomy displays were added to the cabinet, many of us were like "no way is this thing legit".

It still doesn't make it right on all of the people who have been screwed. I hope you all get some restitution someday.

#17642 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This was at the same time Popaduik was taking $15K preorders on Magic Girl, $5K must have seemed like a bargain!
And at least he had a prototype! All Jpop had was, what, artwork and hand waving?

Everyone was worried about missing out on the next BBB. Also, Kevin slowe rolled the money asks. It was initially “no deposit” and it grew and grew to pay everything now seemingly organically.

#17643 6 years ago

I watched a YouTube video last night of Kevin and his cohort Aaron doing a discussion some years back in California and I’m still in shock how they claimed to have the license knowing damn well they didn’t.

At certain points when they speak of the license you can clearly see a little hesitancy in their voice when it’s mentioned. Pure craziness that they did this.

#17644 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

At certain points when they speak of the license you can clearly see a little hesitancy in their voice when it’s mentioned. Pure craziness that they did this

Yea, thier confident answer to addressing questions on licensing certainly increased our confidence in them. Now watching those videos they don’t seem as confident in their answer as they seemed when it was live. I’m still scratching my head over the whole thing.

#17645 6 years ago

Don't forget. The scam was bigger than just the bringing a game around. They were "about to produce" Predator with Experts of Dangerous in the wings as game two. You take your eye off the ball when Jamie Hyneman is standing there signing translights. Looks like a real company and no license is not in doubt.

EOD (resized).pngEOD (resized).png

1 week later
#17646 6 years ago

I have a question and forgive me if it's been asked or answered in this giant cluster of a tread.
Is there a way to show a loss on taxes for the $4750 I had in Predator? I have all the paypal receipts.
Or can I not do that with open litigation [even though I'll never see a penny back].
I'm aware you can only show $3K a year but just curious.

#17647 6 years ago

not sure how that works but it should be a capital loss (just like stocks), in which case you can amortize it over several years (taking the maximum of $3K per year

according to a quick google search:
"A capital loss carryover is the net amount of capital losses that aren't deductible for the current tax year but can be carried over into future tax years. Net capital losses (total capital losses minus total capital gains) can only be deducted up to a maximum of $3,000 in a given tax year."

"Any excess capital loss can be carried over until you die, then it is lost and of no benefit to your estate or heirs."

"Carrying Losses Forward. You can use a maximum of $3,000 of capital losses each year as a write-off against income other than capital gains. If your losses are greater than your gains by more than $3,000, the extra losses above the $3,000 limit should be carried forward to future tax years."

#17648 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I have a question and forgive me if it's been asked or answered in this giant cluster of a tread.
Is there a way to show a loss on taxes for the $4750 I had in Predator? I have all the paypal receipts.
Or can I not do that with open litigation [even though I'll never see a penny back].
I'm aware you can only show $3K a year but just curious.

Talk to your accountant.

#17649 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Talk to your accountant.

Yes, if you end up audited by the IRS using the old "I read it on Pinside" defense won't hold up.

#17650 6 years ago

taxman - if anyone should know the answer it's you!
I was hoping to show the predator loss against my litecoin gains [if I sell] to balance it out.
Don't have an accountant but might have to look into that.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/353 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.