Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#259 4 years ago

This is just sad all the way around . . .

3 months later
#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Leslie and Anne were friends.

Leslie was a friend of mine with a long association. I was walking down a hallway at the NBC Network studios in Burbank and ran into him. I spoke too him, made a compliment, and kept on walking. And THAT is the length of my 'long time' association with him!!!

4 weeks later
#5749 4 years ago

Does no one who got in on this not live near this Kevin? If he lived here in Kentucky I would drive to his house and knock on his door and demand he give me the EXACT time frame of refunding and how much money is left in whatever account. Short of him calling the police, I would stay there making my demands. I'm not talking vigilante justice, I just mean calling on him and have him show me where the money is and get a grasp of how much is left. I would hound the SOB to death if he lived close to me here! So no one in on this lives in Minnesota, or where ever the hell he lives?

#5758 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Showing up in a threatening manner is not an answer.

Well . . . knocking on the door and asking him questions is not all that threatening to me. If I got scammed by someone who lived here close to me I wouldn't go there to knock the door down and beat the hell out of him, I would feel ENTITLED to go there and ask questions. I am not advocating getting 'carried away' as you said. I see no harm in being frank and firm with this guy though, in PERSON. I would be compelled to 'act' because I couldn't stand the suspense of either getting my money back, or not.

Remember, the squeakiest wheel gets the oil. Show up on his door step and he might just decide to get rid of you by giving you your refund right then and there . . . with the cash he has squirreled away under his mattress. Also, the 'visit' wouldn't be designed to embarrass him in front of his wife and kids, but . . . if I did something like this and people started knocking on my door wanting their money back, perhaps my wife would need to know what kind of shit I was doing wrong! And from all that I've read, his wife is already in on this too, so why would she be embarrassed?!

And no, I didn't have any money in on this, but I've read this entire thread each and every day and I have ached and grovelled over this along with all you guys who DID have money in on it, and with great empathy. Sad for all of you guys (and gals) and I wish you good luck. Just don't give up!
Mike

#5825 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

And that might be when he shows you his shotgun.

Although this might have been a tiny slam at me, I gave you a thumbs-up! Because what you said is true.

If I had to go to his door, I would take my light saber with me to deflect bullets! And stand behind Big Bubba when HE knocks on the door.

2 weeks later
#6880 4 years ago

I once was defrauded by a guy doing a remodeling job on my house. Here is how I took care of it and it didn't cost me a Penny.

As individuals or as a collective group, here in Kentucky it is the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office that not only stands up for you but protects you. Find the equivalent of this in the state Kevin lives in. Our Commonwealth Attorney represents the State, and people who have been victims can file a complaint through that office. Keep in mind this is NOT some Consumer Protection agency. This is a State office which presents the case (free of charge) to the sitting Grand Jury in that particular county.

Evidence is presented by the plaintiff (me), and in my case I was brought in to the Grand Jury room and seated at a large table. My charges where presented to the group by the Commonwealth's Attorney as to what happened, and I was further questioned by him and by the jurors sitting there for specific details. After a calm discussion I was dismissed.

Behind closed doors, that group determined if I had a case or not. The results were, I did. I was notified that the perpetrator had been indicted by the Grand Jury and was to appear in our local Circuit Court, which hears cases over $5,000 (a felony here).

I showed up that morning and this guy's lawyer approached me sitting out in the gallery. The Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney came over also. This was in effect, the Prosecutor and the Defender. They had approached each other to seek a viable solution before even being presented to the judge. They both asked me if I would drop the charges if the guy paid me in full so he wouldn't have to go to jail and/or prison. I told them all I wanted was my money refunded. They pow-wowed with the bad guy and next thing you know arrangements were made for me to receive a Bank Cashier's Check from him. It couldn't have been easier. Although, he protested at first that he was broke and didn't have the money, once they told him he was going to be imprisoned, he quickly got the money. Let me say he was 'inspired' by the court!

In this case we have here, to me . . . this group should come together, compile a complete list of names and what is owed each individual, then present this to the prosecutor in the county Kevin lives in. They would (or should) bring him before a Grand Jury and a couple of you guys could represent the group and explain all the details. This should get Kevin indicted and the pressure put upon him to divvy up the money. You may only get a percent of whatever he has left over, but that court system should fight for you to freeze his accounts and get every bit of cash he has. And you should not even have to hire an attorney. I didn't. Actually, I have had to do this several times and it cost me nothing. You can do this when you are 100% in the right!

You could begin by calling the County Attorney in Kevin's home county and ask who that county Civil and Circuit Courts STATE attorney is. His job is to represent the citizens of that particular state. It is pretty cut and dried here. Don't know how it is in Minnesota or wherever Kevin lives. But it wouldn't cost you anything to call and ask for this person's name and ask if you can forward your charges to him and let the State take over.
Mike

1 week later
#7511 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I just don't understand all this complicated legal jargon.

Oh, REAL good! Me and your parents did everything we could supporting you all those years to get you through Vandy to get that 'degree' and you are already stumped over a little 'sea bass' . . . dumbass!!!!

What did you do the whole time you were in school? Play pinball? Uh . . . don't answer that . . . I already know . . . you got an P.A (Pinball Arts) from Game Galaxy instead of a J.D. !!!

P.S. Your Kansas b'ball player is smart to remain for his Senior year and not go pro. I've got a feeling only 2 of the 7 Kentucky players who just announced their departure from school will be the only ones happy they did this.

1 week later
#8079 4 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

People are on judge judy fighting over dildo money and false teeth

Nearly got down on the floor laughing, thinking of people standing in court fighting over dildo money!!!
That was a good one!

Mike in Kentucky

#8103 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Either or both may be represented by an attorney. The attorney(s), if any, will not be court-appointed in a civil case, and will not be free.

Finally! That's the first 'judgment' you have rendered on here, to my knowledge! All that damned money 'we' spent on you . . .

What does it take for you to go after Kevin? Does he first have to be skiing down the slopes with the pinball machine before it fits your agenda? (Inside joke, fellas.)

Mike

#8194 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

me - small town pizza lawyer

You don't have the southern drawl to be a small town pizza lawyer (as in the commercial).
I also know you have lived in a town big enough for you to represent chickens against a certain Colonel! I saw you once chasing an ambulance and throwing your business cards at it. You are a "big city solicitor" . . . you can't fool ME!!!

Quoted from jayhawkai:

I briefly forgot he was an attorney

Now, when you 'briefly' forgot, does this mean you failed to remember to put on underwear? Or, did you forget to file your court papers? Lawyers should only write up a brief, but never say the word out loud! It can be applied in so many ways.

My humor is lame tonight. My brain is briefly tired.
I rest my (pitiful) case.
Mike

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I have "Premier 1K" status

Take me with you!!! I wanna see the rest of the world before I die. I'll buff your shoes and lay out your clothes for you.

2 weeks later
#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You would want to do a Judgment Debtor exam. He will be required to appear for that. If he doesn't, a bench warrant can be issued for his arrest

Rob, I think it is great when you offer advice like this . . er . . . "information". This could be helpful to a lot of guys.

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#8550 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Finished it all off with a tour of the Corvette Museum,

WHAT? I live just down the road from the Corvette Museum and you didn't stop by to visit????!!!!

You were SO close . . . .

You could have seen my pin collection and had a free glass of water!

3 weeks later
#9261 4 years ago

I did not get in for this game, but I have followed this very closely. I hope you guys continue to post here and update us, when good news comes or a resolution to the problem. Been worrying about so many of you losing your money.
Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

is everyone busy getting munted

Well, I just learned a new word today. When I saw "munted" I thought it was some kind of typo. But curiosity made me look it up, especially since someone from Great Britain was writing it. That's when I learned it was our equivalent of getting drunk. Appears this is an English slang word used by those OTHER English speakers!

1 week later
#9374 3 years ago

Bumping . . . because I thought I never WOULD find this thread, it was buried so deep!

#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Or else why would you post in this thread?

Ha! The same reason YOU post in this thread! A very serious and interesting subject.

And you should know by now, one more pin in this house and I will be sleeping downtown in the park!
Mike

11 months later
#10918 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Shirley you can't be serious.

You need a comma after 'Shirley" . . . .

3 weeks later
#11511 2 years ago

Original post removed by me because I don't want to get ejected!!!!!!!!

It was some humor over Black Rose's post. So, I took it back!

Without humor, I don't have much else to say . . . .

Good day, folks!
Mike in Kentucky

#11512 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Then there was the little matter of his hat.

Ha. I felt the same way when I saw that. MAJOR personality definer for me. I figured anyone who wanted to look that trashy might also be trashy on the inside. Well, trashy may not be the right word, but perhaps bad appearance and bad taste in wardrobe.

3 months later
#11925 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

the often-quoted and typically misunderstood line from Shakespeare's "Henry VI."

I have to say, you are an excellent writer, and obviously have a broad education, quoting Shakespeare for example. As a former journalist, I am very impressed with your command of words, perfect grammar and composition! Possibly, the best written posts I've ever seen on Pinside. I'm not taking sides, I'm just admiring your composition and formulation skills.

#11935 2 years ago

ZNET and vdojaq . . . your jousting with words is tripping my mind! Both of you have been quite clever with your zingers. I love witty and adroit repartee. Thanks for the entertainment. LOVED IT! But just from a wordsmith view, only.

Again, not taking any sides. Just a bravo for penning such acrid, tart, and piquant banter and lacing it with humor, waggery, and wisecracking.

Mike in Kentucky (Were we'uns R alzo hi-ly edukumated . . . I was learned a lot of big ole words win in skool!)

2 weeks later
#11996 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Nothing is stopping Kevin from withdrawing cash from the business. It'll come down to him not producing any legit receipts.

First off, I too would like to be there to see Kevin's compilation of receipts. I envision a small box with lots of dog-eared, tattered and torn and crumpled papers, all thrown in a swirling pile producing an unsorted mess. He probably had to look for them in the floorboard of his car with muddy footprints on them, chewing gum wadded up in them, along with McDonald's receipts and hamburger wrappers.

Not sure if I'm following you on this. "Not producing legit receipts" is what is throwing me. My wife manages a bank and there is always a tracking slip when I withdraw cash. What is on that slip includes the obvious name of the account holder and the account number, but also the time and date stamp, the teller ID number, the internal transaction number, and routing number of the bank. Kevin would not normally have a copy of these. All he gets is a little cash register looking receipt when he withdraws cash. BUT . . . the bank will have copies of each and every one of these internal transactions they have put in the ledger.

If I totally missed your point, then don't laugh at me . . . and I know what I wrote is elementary and most everyone on here already knows these things. Hey . . . it's late. I'm tired. Eyes are watering, I'm old, etc.

I really only wrote this to see if I have an "Authenticated" check mark by my avatar after it posts to the thread!

Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
#12039 2 years ago

I think we should all chip in on a Christmas present for Kevin. Like, maybe for a ticket for a ride in the state prison electric chair ...

4 weeks later
#12248 2 years ago

Christmas Eve and all is quiet.
Pinside folk eating or talking about a diet.

Not a written word
on the Kevin Kulek thread.
Is he still living, or maybe dead?

Visions of a Warrant dance in Kevin's head,
but the ole Kulek thinks he has nothing to dread.

He stirs occasionally looking at papers,
sifting through boxes until he gets the vapors.

"Where are my receipts; why isn't there
anything in my checkbook? The Court said I
had to have them all or I would be found a crook!"

In a panic, he decides he must leave town.
So, out of the house he springs with a single bound.

He jumps on his pinball cart and exclaims;
"On Delay, Dillydally, and Falter", as he
grasps for an imaginary halter.
"Let us flee . . . Straggle, Blunder, and Procrastinate!
We've gotta skip town . . Dawdle, Quaver, and Vacillate!"

Suddenly, what to his wondering eyes should appear,
but a carload of US Marshals quickly rushing his rear.

Kevin shakes and quakes and curses,
while in the rhythm a minister reads Biblical verses,
the Marshals carefully read him his rights,
as he is ‘cuffed on this cold and wintry night.

"I dindo nuffin'!!! Is all he can stammer and stutter.
And they whisked him away without a nary a flutter.

I heard him exclaim as they drove out of sight,
"I'm fuckin' innocent! I won't go down without a fight!"

The judge said, "It's too late!
You didn't participate!
I find you in contempt,
you obtuse little shrimp!
It's off to jail you go, you thief,
for all those you cheated, we hope to bring relief!"

It was cold, dark, and dank in his jail cell.
Some were hoping he would just go straight to Hell!

This was my dream tonight,
thinking of Kevin's plight.
Maybe it will come true and I'm right!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Mike in Kentucky

#12268 2 years ago

That video is actually sad. Here they are pretending to be a normal family and enjoying Christmas. Do they do this to mask their fears in front of the kids, or are they both insane?! He APPEARS to be oblivious that he has any legal obligations, going on about life like nothing could happen to him. Those poor kids don't stand a chance. They may end of using the laptops imitating their dad and doing their own misleading schemes some day!!!

#12459 2 years ago

You speak the truth. I'm Italian, and my 'up East' cousins were always looking for a good fight. When we would visit them in Massachusetts and Long Island, New York, that's all my male cousins talked about. How they got retribution and whipped some ass. It was their every day activity!

Mike in Kentucky

#12476 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just a heads up - people "up east" are also major experts in the art of bullshitting. I should know! Your cousins were likely kicking just as much ass as they were telling you they were getting.

Ha! You nailed it! I am old as hell now, but when we were all 15,16, 17, 18 . . . the ole cousins really dished out the macho shit. I was naive and I bought their stories. That is, until I got a little older and realized it was all mostly bullshit. We are good at doing that in the South too!

#12556 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Those fancy Charlottesville attorneys even put the dollar sign to the left of the number.

Andrew . . . I laughed so hard out loud, I woke Sherry up! Good one!!!

Another interesting and fun UK and KU year!!! On January 28th, our friendship ends. We can resume it on the 29th!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ole bud!!!

Mike

#12655 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

people can post anonymously, and some folks might have a legit reason to not want to share their name, but it certainly makes many of us think those who choose to be quite vocal and at the same time hide behind their screen name, have something of substance to hide.

Personally, I think one of the most intriguing elements of being on Pinside is seeing where people are from. I like to know when I'm talking with someone in another country or just miles away. Half the fun for me is seeing what people have to say all over the world. I wish everyone would list at least what state/country they live in.

Mike in Kentucky (And that's my real name . . . well . . . the Mike part! Ha.)

2 weeks later
#12984 2 years ago

What?!!! 6 days have gone by and no comments on this thread! This is my favorite one on all of Pinside. It's like reading a detective book with ongoing episodes.

I'm just bumping in hopes someone remembers to update this thing.

1 week later
#13430 2 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

it was Mort Crim from channel 4

Yeah, good ole Mort. He began his broadcasting career at my hometown station in Louisville, KY back in the late 1960's and early 1970's. He worked at WHAS-TV, the CBS affiliate. I loved his voice and knew he wouldn't stick around for long. His delivery was perfection. He was gone to better money in just a few years. The only thing that sort of made me think he was not credible, was that he was a part-time preacher at that time too! A preacher preaching the news! It just seemed odd. I'm glad to know he is still alive.

Mike in Kentucky

#13649 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What happened in between?

YES!!! I was wondering this also. How, where and who got this discharge order produced and signed off on?

#13709 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

does anyone else love the judge as much as me?

Bryan . . Mike, here . . . the guy who bought your Dracula pin.

Yes, I like the judge, but I've got to tell ya, court systems must vary widely in the USA. If this same case had come up here in my city, Kevin would have already been shaken down, lost everything, and be in prison. I had years of being in the courthouse when I was doing TV news reporting and then later on as a court administrator. We have 5 judges with a population of about 150,000. While we think this is big here, I'm sure it is tiny compared to the court system where Kevin is being tried.

I can give you the outcome in a nutshell had Kevin appeared here in one of our courts. Anyone with half a brain can see Kevin is intentionally skirting ALL the issues. Our judges are curt and to the point. One in particular would have told him right up front that he feels he is perjuring himself and he was going to put a halt to it RIGHT NOW! He would get VERY stern and tell him eye to eye he can see through all the BS. And I can actually see him saying this: "OK. Mr. Kuleck, get on the phone and call your wife in here. Tell her to bring every scrap of records you have. You've had ample time to produce bank records. I'm going to put you in jail if she doesn't bring anything, and you can get out when she does. Court will be in recess for 30 minutes. When we get back, I'm going to get _____ bank on the phone and get some answers because it is evident you aren't going to!" And said bank(s) are just down the street from our Justice Center. He will know whoever answers the phone probably by first name. They will certainly know him.

Kevin's current court is probably being very cautious so as not to get reversed later on if there are any appeals. Here . . . they wouldn't care. If they can see through the smoke screens, they know most everyone in the community would back their decisions. I'm telling you, 6 months wouldn't have gone by here without a conclusion. After Kevin's first failure of ANY kind, our court would have brought him in for contempt and jailed him immediately. This case would have been over long ago.

Maybe the lawyers on here will jump all over me for my comments, but unless you live here and see it with your own eyes, you really don't know our local court system. And to be honest with you, just about every court in Kentucky and all over most of the South operates the same way. Everyone knows everyone, word gets around, and your ability to bullshit or lie is known even before you walk in the courthouse door. The judge would probably already be aware if you are a shady character and capable of this kind of theft. You don't answer all the requests in a timely manner, your ass is cooked. Justice is 99% correct and SWIFT!

Mike in Kentucky

#13742 2 years ago

Aw . . . come on! I was dying to see what you wrote!

When I saw your avatar I thought I would read something brilliant from you and it would be some salve on my wounds I got from yesterday's game. I actually had dreams of our loss! It's going to take me all season to get over this!!!

Have a good week, my friend.
Mike

#13761 2 years ago

Kevin fits the 'daft' part . . .

At first, I thought Keith was indicating Kevin couldn't hear well = def (deaf) or as some people say here . . . 'deef'!!!

1 week later
#13948 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I say this as a "yank" Chicago an transplanted to the Paradox State of KY,

Hey now! Don't be disparaging our wonderful Commonwealth. We've got our peculiarities, but by and large, Kentucky folk are good people.

My uncle was also a "Yankee transplant", who came here to just temporarily check things out. He bad-mouthed us for a few weeks saying we were ignorant hillbillys, etc., but . . . 5 years later he was still here and saying he would NEVER go back 'up North'. He totally changed his tune. He loved the bucolic life-style and even learned to speak 'southern'.

Travel, sight-see, eat, and scope out Kentucky. You might find it is not such a paradox. I don't even know what that word means. Did you mean to type 'pair of socks'?!

#13956 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Ah no worries my friend

Thanks! I'm glad you saw the humor in which I wrote that. I figured if you lived in Frankfort you were there as a government employee. I once lived there too, long ago, as I was Ass. Press Secretary to the Governor and worked in his office in the Capital Building. The only bad thing about Frankfort was it was slightly boring. Thank goodness Louisville and Lexington were reasonable drives away.

NOW I know what 'paradox' you were talking about! I just said I didn't know what the word meant to demonstrate how an 'ignorant hillbilly' talks! Ha. You hit those right on the nose!!!!! I'm Catholic and my Baptist friends ask me to go in the liquor stores for them. They don't want to be seen by others!

I'm like you, I don't want to hijack this thread (and thanks you guys for indulging us a few posts like this) but we COULD talk for days about the political spectrum here. Most people proclaim to be Democrats but when they go into the booth they turn into Republicans! Used to be you weren't a loyal Kentuckian if you were not Democrat. Things are changing . . . just like elections for Congress and Prez . . . Republicans won by a landslide.

Now . . . Moderators . . . please don't bite me for this post. I didn't break the 'intent' of the rules about politics. Didn't favor anyone, or argued, but just wanted to add to the 'mystery' PARADOX that my friend "goingincirclez was talking about. Especially, you Tiger! You nailed me a year or so ago over a tiny infraction. I had never had an eject before and I felt pretty bad. Face turned red and I hid in the closet for 3 days! Took me a long time to get over it, and I give you shit loads of upvotes.

Good talking to you.
Mike in Bowling Green

#13959 2 years ago

Oh, you GOT me, Andrew!!! You know, when I read that back to myself proof reading, I thought the same thing. "I ought to remove that Ass. thing. Looks like I was the ASS Press Secretary.

Leave it up to you . . .

Man, we are both experiencing some wild losses with our two teams. We can't seem to stand prosperity!

Later,
Mike

#14012 2 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

i dont want to be the advocate of the devil,
however i think it is kind of 'bad' form to

I don't want to be a devil's advocate either (by the way, this is the proper way of using the phrase), but I think it is kind of 'bad form' to not list where YOU are from next to your avatar. This is one of my pet peeves. I think everyone on Pinside should at least have to put the State and Country in which they live. It gives a better 'feeling' of knowing who you are talking with. That little bit of info can surely not lead to problems.

In your case with your comments, I think there is a problem with syntax and it leads me to think you don't live in the USA. Perhaps the Netherlands, because of "Dutch Tommy" ??? When I read your message and plug it into American English it sounds offensive. When I read it thinking this is someone from another country writing, I try to juggle it in my mind a little better and figure out the words were not so harsh after all.

My point . . . I would not be writing this had I known you live outside of the USA. Had someone in America written it, I would have had a clearer opinion of it. The 'strength' of your message leaves me wondering . . .

Now, don't take offense. I admire you for being able to read and write another language (if that is the case). You are WAY ahead of me in that game! But no matter how good you are in a language not your own, you would be surprised as to the 'tone' your sentences have simply because you are not a native speaker.

Now . . . wherever you are . . . go in peace.

#14015 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Condescending much

NOPE! Not condescending. Just explaining the nuances of reading things from people of various backgrounds.

Now, where are YOU located?!

I know where you are from by your condescending post . . .

#14029 2 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

and so yes english is not my main language

What a nice response! My message to you could be taken two ways, the same as I accused you of . . . a 'mixed message'. You may have seen it as me being smart-ass to you, (or condescending, as someone else on here accused me of), or just a non-offending discussion of the problems of saying just the right things in English. You took this in great stride, and I appreciate you not thinking I was scolding you.

Oh, how I know what it is like to try and speak or write in another language. I lived in Germany for two years and I quickly learned basic German and could get around without even speaking English. Writing was another thing! Trying to remember the correct spelling and where to place the verb . . .at the end? Doesn't make sense to me (at the time). "To the store, I am going." ??? Still, I was proud of myself for at least being able to communicate on the level of a 6 year old.

I learned how difficult it is to know all about the nuances of word placement in a sentence so as to show 'true intentions' of what you had to say, without causing it to have a confusing meaning or sending a totally different message than you intended.

I REALLY learned how words can play out when we hosted a German Exchange Student for 1 year. This young man was from Frankfurt and he spoke EXCELLENT English, (but with the 'German sound' (rough and gutteral) that we often see in American movies: "Vee haf our vays of dealink wit choo." Well . . . maybe that's more Russian than German. Ha.) We both discovered great differences in the same word in both languages and how the placement can totally change the message. He bought me a book called "English for Runaways". which even the title itself was filled with mixed interpretation. "Runaways" in English definitely did not correspond with what it meant in that German title. Some of the examples were hilarious. Here is about the only one I can remember: A chair turns over on the floor and you utter: "That fucking chair!" In German, (for the most part) you visualize what you hear, and they saw the chair engaged in a sex act!!! Of course, it doesn't take long for either linguist to grasp quickly how it means in both languages. This book was filled with phrases that when interpreted from German to English (and vice-versa) showed the hilarity of literal translation. It is THIS that is the most difficult of all to learn. Colloquialisms!!! This expertise can just about ONLY be conquered by decades of living in both countries and memorizing the delicate difference in meanings.

As you probably know, just the placement of a strong adjective in an English sentence can totally change the meaning from a compliment to a slam! Even right here in Kentucky, the way you SAY things can be taken in various ways. Southerners have a 'music' to their sentences. You can say the exact same sentence two ways, strictly by changing the music (or inflection) in your voice as you deliver the words. You can come off sounding nice, or sendng an offensive message.

Lastly, the first time I talked with Robin on the phone I couldn't believe he was not a native American. That guy REALLY has his English down, speaks in 'neutral' voice which does not reveal he is a 'foreigner', plus his writing in English is SPECTACULAR! He probably expresses himself in English better than most of us do here! His writing is flawless!

Well . . .my friend (hopefully) . . . thanks again for writing a calm and unscathing response. It's all good! I give you an A in English!!!

To everyone else, this is my LAST commandeering of this Kulec thread!!! Thanks for indulging me and ole Dutch Tommy to have a conversation.

Mike in Kentucky

#14046 2 years ago

From Yadda, yadda . . .

Dear MrBally. I have been slightly saddened to see you give me so many down-votes over my 'language' post, because in the past I have pretty much aligned myself with you and couldn't foresee you being 'against me'.

I also saw where you falsely attributed me to saying Yadda, yadda. With that said, to be fair . . . I HAD to give you an up-vote for two reasons. Your attributing Yadda, yadda to me was petty clever, in that it sums up my long-winded speech very succinctly! Plus, what you said about 'dialect is different throughout the world', when coupled with the Yadda, yadda, gave it an even double twist in meaning. Very humorous I must say! I had a nice laugh.

I have seen many of your clever and humorous retorts on Pinside and I do know you have a keen intellect.

Mike

#14047 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Our language reflects a profound way in which we hold our world view, even though we never think twice about the link between the two.

That sure was an eye-opener for me! Thanks for giving me even more aspects to think about when reading things from another country.

I'm getting up in age . . . 70 in October . . . and I am still fascinated at all the new things one can learn about life when closely paying attention to words used. I study words: Etymology. I can't read a book or an article without interrupting myself and asking, now where did THAT word come from? And then I have to look up its root. I'm almost addicted to this. I get on my own nerves from doing it so often!

It's more than just reading a word, it is discovering its background and what culture invented it. That is also what makes me wish everyone would put what city and country they are from next to their avatar. I can look at that first, and then read their message with a whole different approach. It is just this one aspect that caused me to want to pen that message to Dutch Tommy. I suppose I was giving him a 'cautionary' about writing in English. I wanted to SHARE this with him. Not rip into him.

By the way, that was a fascinating story you told about your wife and the word "Sorry". That sure bolstered what I was trying to convey. I am very familiar with that play, "Noises Off", for I was co-producer of it here with our community theater group.

Thanks for the nice response!
Mike

#14050 2 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

I can't imagine taking German, but that's awesome, Pintucky!

Thank you! I'm just glad to know you are no longer against me!

I have talked with Dutch Tommy. A VERY reasonable and easy to get along with guy. He didn't take my postings as negatively as others on here did. In fact, he was very, very nice about it.

And for those who so cleverly recognized JFK's Berlin speech, a "Berliner" has the two obvious meanings: 1. Resident of Berlin. 2. Pastry. A Berliner is not a donut, though. It is more like an eclair. I used to eat 'em when I lived in Germany.

But, I'm like you now . . . we need to get back on topic. So far, I've listened to two audio recordings of Kevin's court appearances. I THINK I read something on here yesterday that gave the impression there has been another one. But I can't find it. You know of a third recording?
Mike

#14051 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I don't recall down voting your recent posts.

Sorry. I must have made a mistake. That makes TWO of 'em for this year now!

#14057 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

We should all be so lucky to be as clear-headed as you,

Thank you for such nice words! Now . . . will you come here and tell that to my wife?!!!!!

1 week later
#14318 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

If that lawyer was an accountant in the 60's as he said in the audio, then how old is he.

Careful, there. He could be MY age!

1 week later
#14418 2 years ago

Gave you a thumbs up simply because you used Schadenfreude and knew how to spell it!

#14482 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

not a word, sorry, had to, but only for irregardless

Nope. Not a word. Poor ole "irregardless" gets used a lot. All one needs is 'regardless'. That will do the trick.

That was one of the classic no-no words or phrases from my journalism class. Also, no such thing as a "hot water heater". Just a water heater. "Sugar diabetes" . .. wrong . . .just diabetes. "True facts" . . . nope . . . just FACTS. If they were not a fact they would be false, so the 'true' is not necessary. "And, also" One or the other, not both.

Not jumping on the poster, just sayin'. Irregardless, I DO have sugar diabetes and my hot water heater is ready to go on the blink. Just stating the true facts.

Mike in Kentucky

#14542 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

What if the court were filled with a bunch of yutes?

I don't care how many times I see this 'yutes' (or 'youts'), I see Joe Pesci in that courtroom scene. That put me in stitches!

#14565 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Check out what the Kuleks left on the Nathanson Law Google business page.

Just wondering. If Kulek DID put that negative stuff about not being able to reach Keith, is it a ploy? Is it going to be another excuse to continue to stall the process of adjudication?

Does he have it in the back of his mind that he is going to be a no-show on . . . what . . . March 17th at Keith's office? And then, when in front of the judge he says he tried to contact Keith "But, your honor, look at what I saw on his business page. He doesn't answer the phone or responds to messages, so I wasn't able to go there for the meeting. I was never able to reach him to confirm."

Is this going to be the excuse to continue buying time? If it is not this, then why would he take the time to post such a commentary . . .

I'm just thinking out loud here, posing these questions to myself.

#14571 2 years ago
Quoted from Mhulsebu:

highly doubt Kevin was thinking this far ahead.

Good point. I didn't realize it was that long ago when he posted that.

My bad! Had a good laugh at my own ignorance . . .

1 week later
#14758 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Everyone in Michigan now carries a gun, watch these two dumb asses.

You have 'certain rights' and with those rights you must act responsibly. These two were pushing it to the limits. No person with half a brain goes into a police station armed to the teeth with a bullet proof vest on and wearing a mask and making demands. You have freedom of speech, etc., but you can't yell 'FIRE!' in a crowded theater to cause people to fear for their lives and dangerous panic erupting.

Walking into a police station like that is a similar abuse of 'freedom'. The police were put in a situation of fear and who can blame them for taking desperate measures? These two guys may have had a 'right' to 'carry in a public place', but common sense dictates you don't go storming into a police station like that. They needed to be arrested not just because of this foolish act, but because they proved without a doubt they have 'dangerous minds'! I have no mercy for them. They tried to flaunt the law and were flat out wrong in doing that. They are lucky they didn't get shot.

1 week later
#14923 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

banks still report transactions over $10k to the FDIC and IRS, and are required to,

You are correct in this matter. This is what my wife does at her job with a bank her in Kentucky. I just discussed this with her.

Mike in Kentucky

#14924 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Interestingly enough, so is radioshack...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Good one!!!!!!!!!

#14925 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

question number one...Do you have any legal experience?

Question Number Two: Do you have any extra cash to loan our business so we can pay you your salary? Uh . . . look at it as an "investment" in your job.

#14955 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London

Ah, the beautiful Drury Lane Theatre. Lot's of memories going there years ago to see Ginger Rogers perform and later Juliette Prowse.

You are a man of education and high taste.

Thanks for that clarification on 'nettle'. We have nettles here in Kentucky. I try not to grasp them!
Mike

#14971 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Can anyone name this movie without searching?

Oh, this is easy!

It is from when the Three Stooges starred in "Three Literati-Amigos Participate in a Recitation of a Novella at an Academic Team Competition in Old Mexico".

It was hilarious, especially when they friscalated on their saddlecocks during the explicative!!!

1 week later
#15087 2 years ago

I have listened to "the voices" long enough that my brain started picturing what these two people looked like. I nearly fell over when I saw both the judge and Keith's pictures. The judge was EXACTLY as I had pictured him! And Keith was about 90% accurate. He's just a little older than I had envisioned. It is amazing how we can mentally depict people's faces by hearing their voices. Maybe it comes from being OLD and having heard many voices and faces that go with them.

I have also noticed that 'pinball players' . . . well . . . many on Pinside . . . seem to have multiple talents and interests. Keith is a top-notch lawyer, a real estate agent, a musician, book author, lecturer, car enthusiast and probably has many, many more talents.

While I'm not in the same league as Keith, I CAN say I too am multi-faceted. I'm a writer, a photographer, musician, singer, (a pretty good athlete when I was young), built my own home, electrician, plumber, I raise Black Angus cattle, can work on cars, and damned near do anything. I'm really, really good at what I do, but I am NOT an expert in ANYTHING! Jack of all trades and expert of none kinda thing.

I bet MANY of you guys on here are the same way with many talents we don't know about. I think whatever kind of brain that can be fanatically attracted to pinball, must be on the high side of intellect and cerebral development. There is a tremendous amount of "IQ testosterone" on Pinside!!!

So, here's to all you multi-talented and super smart guys who don't boast about what all you can do. I know you are out there.
Mike in Kentucky

#15149 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Freude trinken alle Wesen Every creature drinks in joy
An den Brüsten der Natur; at nature's breast;
Alle Guten, alle Bösen Good and Evil alike
Folgen ihrer Rosenspur.

Great job with the German! Now, I can't stop humming Ode to Joy!!!

1 week later
#15279 2 years ago

I've seen a lot of bankruptcy, civil and criminal dealings in the courtroom in my former news reporting job. YEARS of it. I have NEVER seen a judge so lenient or protract the hearings like this fellow. The judges I've seen would have quickly moved through this and left the 'lady' swinging in the wind. No lawyer, no compliance, no records . . . tough shit. "You were told what was expected and yet you come here sobbing and deflecting questions. Last chance. You come in here with a lawyer when we convene again or you are on your own and at the mercy of this court. No exceptions. No excuses. I've a good mind to charge you with contempt. Young lady . . . you are looking at some jail time if you don't fork over the needed records and a modicum of sensible responses to future questioning. Stop dancing around the issues and provide the answers! You understand?! This is your last warning. Court is adjourned."

I've seen that scenario so many times. Everyone on here has been praising this judge and I too like him tremendously. I'm vexed though how he lets this entire case drag on so. Talk about bending over backward for the defendant(s)! She doesn't realize how lucky she is to have this guy as a judge. The one good thing I get out of his demeanor is if me .. . you . . .were in that same chair as female Kuleck, we would be thanking our lucky stars to have this judge and recognize 'the gift'. For sure, he is covering his own ass for any courtroom 'mistakes' to limit possibility for appeal or judicial review.

She is guilty as the day is long. She might have bought SOME camera equipment with money she earned from taking pictures, but even a blind man can see that she and Kevin both have lived off of the pinball money. I guess I'm becoming heard-hearted, but force the sale of that fuckin' house and take everything they have and get this case over with! They have already been living on government assistance, so they should be real good at going and applying for new digs to live in, such as 'project housing', Section H, etc. That shouldn't damage their pride, for they have already lowered themselves as far as you can go. And the kids would be better off getting out of that nasty house . . . .

2 weeks later
#15718 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Where did the money in Mfcu come from?

Quoted from Slash:

Exactly!
In court she kept saying "I paid for that". That's somewhat irrelevant, the real question is where did the money come from that you used to pay for it?
Doesn't matter if the money you used to buy something off eBay was in your account or you paid cash for something at a yard sale. Where did that money originally come from?

DAMMIT SLASH! Your response was the very words I was going to write! You beat me to it! Haaaaaaa! I've been asking myself this same question over and over, and why didn't the judge ask her that question. "Yes, ma'am, I understand you bought these things yourself, but we need to see your bank records of income from your business where you used it to make these purchases. This has all the appearances that funds for this came from the Skit-B account. Yes? No? I need to see something besides you saying you paid for it."

#15722 2 years ago

" . . . for violating her civil RATS."

That was some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen! That woman has numerous videos on YouTube. I almost got addicted watching her spout off on many topics. I may have to watch ALL of her videos!

1 month later
#16659 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

A Hillbilly Investment plan.

Why . . . you, no count . . . who you be a-callin a Hillbilly?!!!

As a certified Kentucky-Italian Hillbilly, I fully RESEMBLE that statement!

P.S. I didn't know people in England knew that term! Our reputation is reaching far and wide.

Mike in Kentucky

#16716 1 year ago

From my viewpoint as a former TV news reporter and anchorman, I believe most reporters would see this as a rare opportunity (for this small town/area TV station) to zero in on a very unusual alleged fraud issue involving a LOCAL person. The flooding issue comes in second place for the meat of the story, and I wouldn't delve too far into the details of what the pinball fiasco was all about. At least not on my FIRST report. Too much for the audience to digest in a short story. Anything over 2:30 minutes is considered too long for attention spans.

Looking at it through a reporter's eyes, I would ask myself how many communities would have a potential crime over pinball machines, and perhaps approaching $1.5 million?!!! This has a unique angle which is three-fold:

1. UNUSUAL because of PINBALL machines, not your everyday topic.

2. The large amount of MONEY.

3. This involves just a family that hatched this 'alleged' scheme and not a large manufacturer or conglomerate.

When combining these three things you have a very tasty story, especially when looking at it as something that doesn't happen everyday, and right there in their viewing area. The charges in this case reach international scope, making it that much more intriguing.

If I was doing this story, I would want one interview with someone on the losing end of the scam to piece in the middle with no "entrapment" involved for the interviewee. No need to elaborate further there. Then, I would just report a short chronology of accusations and charges, courtroom events and outcomes, potential scope of how far and wide this alleged scheme covered, and then tag it with "We will keep you posted on this story as developments continue." You can't possibly do this story justice with just one report.

This makes for a tantalizing BIG news story for a small market TV station, and what we call 'teasers', to keep the viewing audience coming back to see more, and you could get MULTIPLE stories out of this. I am confident the reporter(s) would not be looking at boxing anyone interviewed into a corner. They are just looking for ratings. This kind of story would be a big feather in the cap of a young, rookie reporter such as this young lady covering it.

That's my take.
Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#16773 1 year ago

Wow! Keith sure did his homework on finding applicable case law and 'stare decisis' formulary. That was was like a Final Term Paper in college! I'm sure he has a template of various categories of case law to pull from to help shorten the research process, but that still took quite awhile to put it all together. He certainly was THOROUGH!!!

#16861 1 year ago

NICE WORD! You don't see it used often. Only reason I know it is because I'm Italian, and English "borrows" it from the Italian word "imbroglio", meaning entanglement. The French also claim first usage of the word: "embrouiller". I don't believe them because language first floated North from Italy (Latin Romance) and they were late for the party . . . .

You can tell the Kulek news is pretty thin when I'm reduced to this kind of post!

Mike in Kentucky

#16878 1 year ago

I'm sure I speak for all when I say we appreciate your work retrieving this info for us.

Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
#17000 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

"I need to leave Michigan before Halloween...I don't like Halloween,

I only have experience with our Kentucky courts, but that kind of remark would have elicited a snarky comment from our judge and he would have blasted her for uttering such nonsense. He would have told her there were more things to be worried about than Halloween and get her ass to moving on fulfilling requirements of the court.

When listening to the tape and she made that comment, my brain said "Uh-oh . . . the judge is going to rip her head off for that Halloween comment." And then . . . he just mildly kept engaging in conversation with her. This is the most lenient judge I've ever seen. I was also taken aback when he scolded her and Keith when she made the comments about the gun, etc., and Keith retaliated. I thought the judge went too far in admonishing Keith. That too shocked me.

2 weeks later
#17138 1 year ago

"Yer hon-ORE . . . . you know . . . uh . . . we feel like . . . you know . . . . yer hon-ORE . . . you know . . . uhm . . . o-KAYYYY?. . . . you know . . . fur sure . . . (giggle) . . . you know . . . (pages rattling . . . desperately is looking for 'words') . . . the court should . . . you know . . Yes! Your hon-ORE!!! . . . (blush) . . . . (hem) . . . (haw) . . . (Valley school girl giggle) . . . . Thank you, yur hon-ORE . . . I was just trying to . . . .

"Good Day. Court's adjourned."

2 months later
#17575 1 year ago

Oh, the irony!!!

First, Momma Kulek beats the system simply by "non-compliance" . . . a "no-show".

Second, this case gets dismissed extremely close to Halloween . . . the day she 'dreaded'!
Looks like Halloween was her mysterious ally and mighty good to her.

Me thinks some sorcery has been a-brewing. Cast a Halloween spell, then 'sweep' off to another State,
leaving the incantation behind to do the work of shutting down court action.

This is SPOOKY!

1 month later
#17615 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

would the defendant's attorney written this up?

I was wondering the same thing. This order wasn't in the usual format. The defendant's attorney writes up the suggested order, doesn't he? Surely, the judge didn't write this lengthy piece.

Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
#17686 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Coke. Color to be determined later.

Yep, in Kentucky and most of the south it goes like this:

ME: "Be sure to pick me up some cokes while you are at the store."

SHE: "What kind you want?"

ME: "Oh, Sprite or Dr. Pepper will be fine."

SHE: "Got it. I'm pickin' up SOFTDRINKS and some chips."

Coke and soft drink . . . interchangeable for any kind of carbonated beverage for most of us southerners.

Mike in Kentucky

#17729 1 year ago

While I would much rather dis on Kevin, I've just got to ask.

Do people in Massachusetts call soda/soft drinks/pop another name which is "Tonic"?

When we used to visit my cousins in Boston back in the 1960's, they referred to all the soda/soft drinks/pop as Tonic. And they pronounced it Ta-WAN-ick.

Anyone living there know what I'm referencing?

I was born in Boston in 1947 and the family instantly moved to Kentucky, where I've been ever since. I am a Damn Yankee-Italian-Hillbilly-Redneck now, and lovin' it!

Mike in Kentucky

2 months later
#17924 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

a mere 18 cents per day per child. That's cheaper than feeding a kid from Africa.

LMAO!!! And out loud, at that!!! Wish that's all it cost ME per each child.

I'm still laughing over your 'math'.

Mike in Kentucky

#17937 1 year ago

I've got a closet full of XXL and XXXL's, from my yo-yo weight loss/gain days. I'm wearing XX1/2XL right now! In between.

#17942 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It's called wishful thinking in most cases

But we sure were the cat's ass when we were younger! We STILL are today! Well . . . in our minds, at least!

5 months later
#18020 10 months ago

This is one of the nicest things I've ever seen on Pinside. That was VERY nice of you to help these people out with your expertise!!!

Mike in Kentucky

6 months later
#18240 4 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Since we're reduced to talking moped law, perhaps it's time ...

That was some funny stuff, there!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside