Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 370.
#17451 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Yes--always drink with the grain. Just like sanding wood.

Confucius say .. it never hurts to poop with the grain.

#17452 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Confucius say .. it never hurts to poop with the grain.

2017-09-20-18-52-39- (resized).jpg2017-09-20-18-52-39- (resized).jpg

#17453 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Since WhysNow was banned from this thread for 5 days, I'm picturing him furiously replying to every message in a Windows Notepad file. Prepare for a FLOOD of his posts in a few days as he copies and pastes all his late replies to the recent posts in here. So funny that he cannot respond to Clay within seconds with some sort of dispute of the facts as he imagines them.

Not hard to dispute facts when the dude, CFH, has an ever changing story with his own confused version. I wouldn't comment further either.

#17454 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

At the time I knew little to nothing about the whole predator thing. It's been a number of years so it's hard to remember exactly when I knew about tim, but the day I went over there in general I didn't know anything about the whole fiasco and never heard the name tim fife. It was just a rare game that somebody suggest I should go look at while it was viewable. when I saw the machine It looked amazing. The software seemed a little lacking but other than that it looks like a production game. It was very attractive. After seeing it and doing a google, I understood more. I think if Kevin had been able to make them, it would've been a hit. He just had to upgrade the software but cosmetically it was pretty cool.
I'm not really sure why it really matters. Somebody called me and I got to go see a rare machine. I didn't realize that it was some kind a weird thing that everybody would be upset about. I got to look at it and examine it and play it without the confusion of it being at a show. I hardly think there was anything wrong with doing that. For me it was a unique opportunity to see something I've never seen before. One was at the Michigan pinball Expo and I unfortunately didn't go that year. So My knowledge of the game till this point was about nil.
This will end my postings about this machine. I've contributed all the information I have to offer. And it seems people just get upset when I do that. So I guess there's not much point in me adding anything

I don't have any skin in the game, but I'm guessing those that do would appreciate a statement from you that goes something like this-

"I do not currently own, nor have I ever purchased or taken possession of a Predator pinball machine or Predator specific parts."

That would go a long way toward calming the conspiracy theorists.

#17455 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don't have any skin in the game, but I'm guessing those that do would appreciate a statement from you that goes something like this-
"I do not currently own, nor have I ever purchased or taken possession of a Predator pinball machine or Predator specific parts."
That would go a long way toward calming the conspiracy theorists.

Ya He ducked out before answering that One.

#17456 6 years ago

Luckily in this case there are actual lawyers in charge of what is worth going after. Looks like everything to me at this point. The threshold is certainly as low as $2,000 (trustee perceived value). Bravo Keith!

There will be some collecting, and some squealing...TBH, this is the fun part.

Anyone who has items of ANY perceived value is now on notice, if they were not before, that this trustee is definitely coming. Best course of action would be to go to the trustee via a letter that lists out what items you think might be tainted and could be potentially clawed back. That way you might avoid some of the legal fees at least. This new set of settlements definitely widens the net.

I mean is it really worth it to keep a box of old parts that might have value one day vs just ponying up now? Hell, the trustee might let you keep it and then you would be free and clear for real. If I were in those shoes I would definitively take that course now.

#17457 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Anyone who has items of ANY perceived value is now on notice, if they were not before, that this trustee is definitely coming. Best course of action would be to go to the trustee via a letter that lists out what items you think might be tainted and could be potentially clawed back. That way you might avoid some of the legal fees at least. This new set of settlements definitely widens the net.

100%.

In the end, the trustee is interested in recovering money, not pinball parts. I'd imagine that anyone that is holding parts might be able to work a financial deal with the trustee. A playfield and some ramps aren't worth losing a bunch of people's respect, in my opinion.

#17458 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

100%.
In the end, the trustee is interested in recovering money, not pinball parts. I'd imagine that anyone that is holding parts might be able to work a financial deal with the trustee. A playfield and some ramps aren't worth losing a bunch of people's respect, in my opinion.

You're born into this world with nothing and given a name...the way you live your life defines that name and it's the only thing that survives your death.

#17459 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A playfield and some ramps aren't worth losing a bunch of people's respect, in my opinion.

it depends whom those people are

#17460 6 years ago

curators have accoutrements

And will never give em up, well not for a long while and only for a big heap of cash. It's a curators 401k.

#17461 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Looking from a pure unbiased point-of-view I have my opinion as to whether or not he has a machine. It's honestly pretty simple to deduce.

8Ball (resized).jpg8Ball (resized).jpg

#17462 6 years ago

I've been dipping in and out of this thread over the last couple of years (?).
Am I really one of the few ex-Predator buyers who really couldn't care less if someone bought a machine or made one out of the abandoned parts?
They aren't the person who took my money or lied about having a licence.
I get people being angry with Kevin. I get people being angry with themselves (Why did I send all that cash to someone who was allegedly going to build machines in their basement?). If someone got the opportunity to salvage anything out of this shit storm then good for them.

#17463 6 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Am I really one of the few ex-Predator buyers who really couldn't care less if someone bought a machine or made one out of the abandoned parts?
I get people being angry with Kevin. I get people being angry with themselves (Why did I send all that cash to someone who was allegedly going to build machines in their basement?). If someone got the opportunity to salvage anything out of this shit storm then good for them.

It's a slap in the face to everyone that did send money IMO. Far as I know Clay didn't. Yet he has a pin? Then he lies and omits to cover himself? Yeah, fuck that noise.

#17464 6 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's a slap in the face to everyone that did send money IMO. Far as I know Clay didn't. Yet he has a pin? Then he lies and omits to cover himself? Yeah, fuck that noise.

I agree a lot with what johngravenews wrote, and respect your interpretation @minusworlds. But I wonder .... what if Clay were to approach the bankruptcy lawyer and offer to pay $15k as reimbursement for the critical Predator playfield and parts received in the dead of the night? Would this would be a fair offer to settle the dispute and generate a receipt? To put things in perspective, actually building a Predator machine will require a hell of a lot more work. Of course, this is all HYPOTHETICAL, but it could be a win-win. Keith collects money for bankruptcy case and Clay could build and display a Predator pinball machine in his museum/club, with a clean conscience and stay 100% legit.

#17465 6 years ago

I agree a lot with what johngravenews wrote, and respect your interpretation minusworlds. But I wonder .... what if Clay were to approach the bankruptcy lawyer and offer to pay $15k to reimburse for the critical Predator playfield and parts received in the dead of the night. This would be more than a fair offer to settle the dispute and generate a receipt. To keep things in perspective, to actually build a Predator machine will require a hell of a lot of work. Of course, this is all HYPOTHETICAL, but it could be a sweet win-win. Keith collects money for bankruptcy case and Clay could build and display a Predator pinball machine in his museum/club, with a clean conscience and 100% legit.

But he couldn't, there's no license and it's common knowledge there's more than one so I don't think calling it a "one off" would even fly. That's why he won't admit he has one, especially in public. It's clear he's walking a fine line between not admitting he has one and not denying either. He's trying to avoid tipping off the lawyers and the community. Yet he already has.

I think it would be great if he somehow was able to "pay" for his machine. I don't see that happening. It's just a shitty situation and seemingly even shittier that anyone would benefit from it especially after having no investment in it. Whether monetary, emotional, or both. It's also very f'd up if there are fellow pinheads and Pinsiders that know he has one but don't say anything. Big IF, but definitely looking more and more that that's the case.

#17466 6 years ago

.. what if Clay were to approach the bankruptcy lawyer and offer to pay $15k as reimbursement for the critical Predator playfield and parts received in the dead of the night? ...

haha...predator playfields 15k by October!

#17467 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...predator playfields 15k by October!

Seriously, Did I miss anything in Clay's summary of parts? Rumor is only two ramps were made, which would make the playfield the only real unique part of the game. A ridiculous amount of labor, research and tinkering to pull off a predator build, decent $$ in parts, and on top of that you must pay 15k.
I seriously doubt anyone has built a game since the rails came off.

#17468 6 years ago

An even better idea: What if Clay were to pay $500,000 for the Predator prototype, and then all preorder customers get fully refunded? Under this plan, nearly everyone comes out ahead!

#17469 6 years ago

The only ones that will ever see a penny from this suit are the LAWYERS !!!

The rest of you will get NOTHING !

Acceptance is the first step to healthy healing .

MY 2c

Sir Brian of Ortonville

#17470 6 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

The rest of you will get NOTHING !
Acceptance is the first step to healthy healing .
MY 2c
Sir Brian of Ortonville

Everyone invested in this is fully aware of this.
It hasn't been about the money for a long time.

#17471 6 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

(I have no skin in this game)

I think that's the point of the lawsuit. Make sure that Kevin and Co. don't get to keep a cent of the money that has been ripped off. The money is lost from preorder customers,(I think everyone gets that) but it needs to be found and the lawyers are doing the dirty work finding where it all went. They should be compensated for their work. It's better in the hands of the lawyers then in the hands of Kevin and his accomplices.

Anyone that has ANYTHING related to this project should come clean and contact the lawyers. The pinball community is fairly small. Eventually everything will come to light and those that are found screwing their fellow pinhead will be ostracized just like Kevin has been.

#17472 6 years ago

So sorry then, In the readings that I have read it seems it all about the money, get money from this guy , sell the playfields . charge people for this and that.

Forgive me. my interpretation was it was all about the money..
My bad ...

I will crawl back into my hole..

Sir Brian of Michigan

#17473 6 years ago

Just stop using that signature is all I ask.

#17474 6 years ago

Yeah... was fully in and don't expect a penny to come to me.
Want to see him broke for a LONG time, and would be even better if he served jail/prison time but doubt that will ever happen.
Just want his life miserable and to reap what he has sewn. Really, that's all I'm still hanging around for.
I've moved past the $5K being gone.

#17475 6 years ago

You mean the lawyers' 2c. I have your legal fee bill right here.

#17477 6 years ago

[Disclaimer: I have no skin in the game. I might have if I had seen the sales pitch before the wheels came off. But I didn't.]

Does anybody else find it ironic that they attempted to hide $30K+ in the purchase of an RV they then said cost $250, only to have said RV get waterlogged and now have a real value of approximately $250? If they had owned up to the original cost only to have the flood and subsequent loss in value, everybody would have said "There goes $29,750 we will never recover" and forgotten about it. Now there is an additional $29,750 everybody is looking for that no longer exists. And the Kulaks will have to explain where it went, except they can't without admitting they lied their asses off in court.

Usually, you can create a "web of lies" on a sheet of paper. I am afraid that this is going to be at least a 3D chart and possibly a 4D chart if you count imagination as a dimension.

To be honest, if you wrote this up as a script for CSI or Law and Order, the creators would laugh you out of their offices for smoking too much ________ (insert your favorite illegal substance here).

ken

[Return from peanut gallery interrupt]

#17478 6 years ago
Quoted from Yellowdog:

To be honest, if you wrote this up as a script for CSI or Law and Order, the creators would laugh you out of their offices

Also, no way to tell the story in under an hour.

#17479 6 years ago
Quoted from Yellowdog:

Now there is an additional $29,750 everybody is looking for that no longer exists. And the Kulaks will have to explain where it went, except they can't without admitting they lied their asses off in court.

I think you are crossing things a bit. The 30k was about payments for the house... and the court was pretty much going with the argument from keith that the money was owed, and the amount was palatable given the transaction history they had. So the court let them come to a settlement on that.. which of course is janky now due to the flood.

The RV was a claim filed by Keith assuming the value was 25k - which was an valuation.. which Kathy K contested, and frankly the Judge seemed to be siding with her on the matter. Keith didn't present much to make the valuation seem accurate, nor did he have the cash equivalent going to her like he did in the case of the house buy. The Kathy case was further behind so no agreement on the worth or amount due has been set yet. The default judgement for 25k has been tabled.. so without financial records to claim certain amounts and where that money went.. chasing that angle is probably just a dead-end now due to the flood. Keith will probably still pursue any payments made to her if he has record of them.. but she's going to play "I got nothing" defense I'm sure.

#17480 6 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

So sorry then, In the readings that I have read it seems it all about the money, get money from this guy , sell the playfields . charge people for this and that.
Forgive me. my interpretation was it was all about the money..
My bad ...
I will crawl back into my hole..
Sir Brian of Michigan

They want blood so bad, *some* have suggested that the UNlicensed/illegally produced parts, should be sold at auction,
and the money given to them.

cause that would be justUS.

#17482 6 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

They want blood so bad, *some* have suggested that the UNlicensed/illegally produced parts, should be sold at auction,
and the money given to them.
cause that would be justUS.

I must've missed the post where people who pre ordered had said this.

#17483 6 years ago
Quoted from Yellowdog:

[Disclaimer: I have no skin in the game. I might have if I had seen the sales pitch before the wheels came off. But I didn't.]
Does anybody else find it ironic that they attempted to hide $30K+ in the purchase of an RV they then said cost $250, only to have said RV get waterlogged and now have a real value of approximately $250? If they had owned up to the original cost only to have the flood and subsequent loss in value, everybody would have said "There goes $29,750 we will never recover" and forgotten about it. Now there is an additional $29,750 everybody is looking for that no longer exists. And the Kulaks will have to explain where it went, except they can't without admitting they lied their asses off in court.
Usually, you can create a "web of lies" on a sheet of paper. I am afraid that this is going to be at least a 3D chart and possibly a 4D chart if you count imagination as a dimension.
To be honest, if you wrote this up as a script for CSI or Law and Order, the creators would laugh you out of their offices for smoking too much _______ (insert your favorite illegal substance here).
ken
[Return from peanut gallery interrupt]

Got news for you, it was never a $30K RV(new maybe), was $2500 to $3000 RV. Still, it was paid for with Predator money.

#17484 6 years ago

Why can't they do a title search and talk to the previous owner?

#17485 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I must've missed the post where people who pre ordered had said this.

Here, let me help.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Basically, I dont think these guys that bought parts from Kevin or games from Kevin after all the shit went under should be able benefit by having these games/parts which were only even made from the use of pre-order money. I specifically would like to track the parts as they left from Kevin and where they went. Evidence of Kevin selling licensed material post it all going under shows his true nature when things become criminal (they will as after the bankruptcy and civil stuff is done, you better believe I will be just as tenacious on working towards criminal and IRS proceedings) and may help in getting the weight of Fox pressing for criminal charges.
I also think some of these games have value that is a recoverable asset of the trustee/ people screwed in the whole thing. I would love to see these games recovered, auctioned off to the highest bidder, and then potentially made available for the public to see/play rather than hidden away in some clubhouse or basement.

#17486 6 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Here, let me help.

Arrr thank you.
I now understand why I haven't viewed it considering who posted it.

1 week later
#17487 6 years ago

I thought it was columbo day sorry.

While I'm here can I get an update ya see I've been going over this in my head and a few things just don't make any sense.

c89f5bdeafa35f81eb8f273b38196251--peter-falk-columbo-style-inspiration (resized).jpgc89f5bdeafa35f81eb8f273b38196251--peter-falk-columbo-style-inspiration (resized).jpg

1 week later
#17488 6 years ago

Bump.

Just keeping this towards the top.

#17489 6 years ago

Very quiet on here lately. Anyone recall when the next bit of news may drop?

#17490 6 years ago

Buddy Holly The Crickets (resized).jpgBuddy Holly The Crickets (resized).jpg

#17491 6 years ago

That'll be the day!

#17493 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Very quite on here lately. Anyone recall when the next bit of news may drop?

It's quite quiet......

#17494 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Very quite on here lately. Anyone recall when the next bit of news may drop?

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Amanda (Kevin's wife) got 63 extra days added to her deadline because of the flood, so by my math that makes it around 10/25/17 that she owes the court a source for the $30k she owes.
Kathy (Kevin's mom) has the pretrial conference on 10/19/17 and the trial is scheduled for 10/25/17.

#17495 6 years ago

Did we ever hear the results of whether the slander suit could go forward? Keith argued the merits a few weeks back if my memory is accurate.

#17496 6 years ago
Quoted from Yellowdog:

Does anybody else find it ironic that they attempted to hide $30K+ in the purchase of an RV they then said cost $250, only to have said RV get waterlogged and now have a real value of approximately $250?

Irony, I had $250 in on Predator lol...

#17497 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Did we ever hear the results of whether the slander suit could go forward? Keith argued the merits a few weeks back if my memory is accurate.

Still pending. Will post as soon as it is on the docket sheet (unless Wolfmarsh beats me to it).

#17498 6 years ago

So who has this one?

predator (resized).jpgpredator (resized).jpg

#17499 6 years ago

Some new documents and small audio in the case.

In the case against Kevin's mom, the joint final pretrial statement was filed without any input from his mom.

mom_37.pdfmom_37.pdf

She didn't show up to the pretrial meeting either, which you can hear in the audio.

https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2017-02000-20171019-145457

One of the associated case defendants has offered $2000 to settle his associated case:

kulek_78.pdfkulek_78.pdf

Another associated case defendant has offered $500 to settle his case:

kulek_86.pdfkulek_86.pdf

#17500 6 years ago

Witnesses include the sellers of the RV, I suppose that means mommies story about the trailer might not be the truth...

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/350 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.