Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2751 9 years ago

If this project bleeds, we can kill it
skitb_bleeds.jpgskitb_bleeds.jpg

#4000 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder when people are going to start contacting IP owners for every other pin manufacturer. Has anyone reached out to WWE to make sure Stern has the license? game of Thrones is rumored to be next, anyone know they have the correct IP rights acquired?

Most of the time, the next title is leaked because someone stumbles on the license (see star trek and KISS). Unlike Skit-b (a startup), Gary Stern has been in this business almost 30 years. I think he knows how to run a business, and wouldn't risk losing it by skimping on making sure his license is approved. I think a lot of people aren't thinking clearly in this thread because of what's going on. I feel sorry for every person that has money vested in this.

#4674 8 years ago

This was posted by spooky pinball this morning:

"Honesty... Always the best policy. Man I hate seeing this crap. We put a ton of time and energy into helping the Skit B project, and this really sucks. We hope it ends well regardless for all involved.

For the record, our 2nd game is a license. We have a real agreement. The subject is involved, we're using their artist, their input, and can't wait to show you this can work in a company our size.

Keep the faith... We are doing the same.

I've read the Pinside stuff and here's exactly what we knew. We busted ass to help get the plastics and playfields done. A total of 10 each were ever made. That black light effect was promoted by them as a feature LONG before they asked us to find a way to make it work. When I think now of the months we WASTED making that happen to any degree of success... not cool. A few months back I began to get suspicious, and just flat out quit working on anything that wasn't ours. Never heard from their camp again.... Been asked a lot about this the last few weeks... was really hoping it wasn't true, just like everyone else. Sadly it appears not to be the case... BUT... we help lots of other small companies, and lots of other good people. Sure not going to change that, just will use this as a learning experience and move on."

#4980 8 years ago

How do we know "mr x" wasn't someone from JJP or Stern? It's sort of akin to people trying to route pinballs without tax stickers (because they want to slip under the radar and make more profit), and the other person routing pinballs in the area pays his taxes and narcs on the other router because why should he have to pay while someone else doesn't.

#6032 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Diners club all the way..........!

PlanesTrainsAutomobiles[1].jpgPlanesTrainsAutomobiles[1].jpg

#6169 8 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Have a penny...
» YouTube video

Upright citizens brigade was one of my favorite shows, up there with WKUK
"you think you're better than me? I laugh at you before you laugh at me"

2 weeks later
#7554 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Maybe Kevin can build the pin "Idiocracy" when hes in jail.

a0133af6df8488abcb3bd3f0c2efd08e[1].jpga0133af6df8488abcb3bd3f0c2efd08e[1].jpg

2 months later
1 month later
#9443 8 years ago

Don't know if this is relevant, but Michaeal Jordan JUST won a court case against Dominick's (A chicago based grocery store that went bankrupt a couple years back) for using his likeness without permission back in 2009, to the tune of 8.9 million dollars (Jordan isn't even keeping the money, he's donating it to chicago charity because he wasn't interested in money, just defending his name).
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13486052/supermarket-chain-pay-michael-jordan-89-million-use-name

Sounds like safeway has to pay since they owned Dominick's at the time, but it proves even bleak cases can still prevail. Perhaps if lawsuits for both Kevin and JPOP go through, even if they don't "have any money left", they'll at least be financially responsible to pay it. Whether that means jail time or a permanent wage garnish by federal law until the money is paid back, either way justice will be served.

2 weeks later
#9564 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Had a nice long talk with keith today(the lawyer) Things are looking really good.

rat_race_put_the_money_in_the_bag.jpgrat_race_put_the_money_in_the_bag.jpg

1 week later
#9686 8 years ago

Exhibit B: What's missing from this picture? it's just me.. WITHOUT MY PINBALL MACHINE!
pee_wee_photo.jpgpee_wee_photo.jpg

#9736 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

But Im really just curious about all the people making custom games right now using copyrighted IP. Can they really never sell those games to recoup costs? Could they even trade those games for something they consider of equal value?

yea, for instance the johnny mneumonic rethemed as matrix and the hollywood heat rethemed as goonies. I guarantee both of those sold for many times fair market value of the original table.

1 month later
#10096 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Can one of you mod people come up with some "Kevin's face on a sticker"....would love to put a few on my drop targets... ..............Joey

I took my LAH targets and put his face on it (bring into photoshop to print 1)
kulek_targets.pngkulek_targets.png

#10108 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey guys, a Future Pinball WIP of the Predator table is going to be available on http://www.vpuniverse.com today at some point once the admins approve it.

It's sounding like they took the Skit-b layout/artwork, but wrote their own rules / animations?

2 months later
#10249 8 years ago

I just wonder:
If he would have kept it to a machine or 5, nobody would have taken notice, like the guys who did the Matrix. No license issue there, right?
If he could have rebranded the predator theme to something else and settle with FOX on the mistake made, he could have build a set of pins, or not?

Technically the matrix guys illegally sold those machines for profit. And it's not just about skimping out on licensing, it's about protecting the brand. Imagine if someone wanted to do Hitler Vs superman.. it's only a few machines right? Well if it shows up at shows, or youtube and gets a lot of hits and DC comics finds out the machine was sold for profit, they may have an issue with that.

#10262 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but anyone can make one as a one of and doesn't matter. Eventually a one of will be sold down the road. Could be a profit could not. Who knows. nothing is stopping anyone from making any theme they want

True.. and that's why the goonies guy did NOT disclose what he sold it for. Also note that when Ben Heck sold his Bill Paxton, I believe he sold it for the money he put into it (parts), he did not include his labor which is why he sold it for only $2k.

1 week later
#10377 8 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Yes that's his dad who ironically disappeared after owing money to a bunch of people

Once again information that could have been brought to my attention yesterday

3 weeks later
#10411 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably better if Kevin never saw his dad blowing truck drivers at gas stations

2 months later
#10556 7 years ago

Looks like Kevin has a personal account on youtube, mostly subscribed videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBasicMan

He apparrently likes katy perry's costume change secrets:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBasicMan/feed?activity_view=4

#10618 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

maybe hes trying to do some other scam with arcade games now

beat me to it.

Quoted from shakenbake:

never worked with Kevin although he has called and texted me the past few months asking to build him arcade cabinets

So he was seen at an arcade auction about a year ago, now he's inquring about blank video arcade cabinets? I'd send a warning to KLOV, or at least keep an eye open for any threads announcing a new classic arcade project.

#10629 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Well I see at least one person (not me) has left a negative review on Kevins wife's fb page about Kevin. Gave me a good chuckle
http://www.facebook.com/faelaumerawphoto

You guys are missing out on a golden opportunity. Everyone in this thread should post negative reviews on google and yelp
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fae+Laume+Photography/@43.604525,-84.262869,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x13df2e1f68452e4d?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS24aY6ZvNAhVH6IMKHfpFAMkQ_BIIXzAK

If she asks "why are you making up negative reviews", you can simply reply "Why is your husband keeping money he didn't earn?"

#10719 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

To me the guys that share responsibility for downing the project are the yahoos in Texas that brought this to Fox Studios attention

With all due respect Clay.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there at least a year between when Kevin said the project was done and ready for production and this whistle blowing? I don't blame those guys one bit, they were worried that they wouldn't be able to do a chargeback after A YEAR.
I know this is pinball, and pinball is hard, but imagine the same scenario in the corporate world. Let's say I'm a contractor, and a company hires me to say.. I don't know, create a website. I'm in a completely different state, and they've never met me, but they hire me because they like my portfolio. They send a down payment, I start working on it. Months go by, and I finish up my work based on the requirements. I send them a snapshot of the pages and claim I'm done. They like what they see, so they send the final payment. They ask when I'm going to ship a CD with all the data so they can upload it to their server. I don't respond to emails. Weeks go by, still no response. They decide to call my phone, I don't answer... repeatedly. Finally after a year goes by they get fed up, they spent all that money and they recieved no product. They file legal action against me because I didn't deliver, but the legal system is slow and not much movement happens. So then some of the employees decide to take it into their own hands and leave negative reviews on his linked in page. Then one of his friends comes in and goes "what gives? He was done, if you guys hadn't messed with his linked in page this could have all worked out".

#10776 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds more like you paid for bads

that's not funny, but it is.. and fitting

#10813 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

$6000 gets you how many ramps? What is 2 sets? Genuinely curious because I'd love to retheme a game someday soon and make my own ramps, plus at first I read it as it cost $6k for 2 ramps before my brain realised you said 2 sets.

$6k aluminum tooling could potentially run as many ramps as you wanted, so long as you kept the mold polished. Unlike injection molding where you have material flow (and in the case with glass filled nylon you have erosion), vacuum forming isn't destructive. There's nothing wrong with getting a wood mold made for low volume so long as it's done right (CNC machined high density MDF, then coated with bondo, sanded, polished) to create the positive.

#10867 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

As far as the group of guys who exposed it. I agree with those who feel that they did cause damage to others by holding back, relative to it moving folks outside their windows for charge backs. No doubt thousands of dollars could have been recovered had they exposed what they had found earlier

Agreed.. they should have exposed it early on when there was no movement of building. Instead of people paying court fees, I would think most people could have had their credit companies go after him. If a credit card company suddenly has to fork out a few hundred thousand, I'm sure their lawyers would make sure they got their money back.

As for people who think those whistleblowers should have just kept quiet and let this sneak under the cracks, you think the legal department at Stern wouldn't do a background check on them as well? Bunch of kids in the basement building 250 machines for what was it, $4800 with a license? If they have to pay licensing fees, I guarantee they'll make sure everyone is (which would have been a phone call or two).. Especially someone taking a million dollar chunk out of the market pinball pie.

2 weeks later
#10978 7 years ago

I think the mod market is missing out on an opportunity

"fry in the electric chair!"

sparky_kevin_(resized).jpgsparky_kevin_(resized).jpg

#11034 7 years ago

that project I really wanted to succeed, but when funding gets out of control, a small startup doesn't know how to ramp up sometimes. Jerri Ellsworth was on a podcast recently, and she talked about how her CastAR went from a periphial to a stand-alone unit, and they still had to satisify the kickstarter backers:
http://embedded.fm/episodes/156

#11053 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

would a judge (or bankruptcy court?) ever force them to sell their modest home or force them to sell their only source of income (the photography biz)? Especially since they have a child? And how do you prove they never had a dime in savings prior to taking money for Predator?

Clearly you've never seen lawsuits where people get sued and the courts take EVERYTHING they have. Unlike JPOP who had a small piece of a brain cell and filed himself as a real company, I don't see anywhere that Skit-b was filed even as an LLC, which means people should be able to go after assets, even if it wasn't part of the company.

Quoted from HappyDayz:

would it not be a challenge to prove he never deserved to take a salary for himself like JPop did?

Why don't you ask Charlie Emery or KT how much salary they've pulled in the last 3 years while they built up their company? They just barely paid the bills, and even some of their workers took unpaid labor until they took off. Nobody feels bad for Kevin.

#11059 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Michigan's homestead exemption for bankruptcy is like $39,000.

So if Kevin's principal residence equity is under $40K, the court probably won't liquidate the home.

Somewhere in this thread, someone looked up his residence and it said his wife recently bough the home for $29K

that's messed up.. it's actually $37,775 in state of Michigan. If he chooses to file under the federal bankruptcy, it's only $22,975
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/michigan-bankruptcy-homestead-exemption.html

#11119 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

If everyone stuck with this logic no company except stern would exist. Spooky, jjp, highway, Dutch pinball all only exist because people took a chance on them

Imagine how much Stern would still suck if they still didn't have competition to push them to innovate? Remember games like Metallica and AC/DC didn't come out until Jersey Jack came along.

#11214 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He cares because happydayz is Tim Fife whom currently is in possession of predator #2

It's amazing how uncommon that name is. 5 seconds of google search brought me to his facebook and linked in page. Using predator code to build a "breaking bad" pin, how fitting.

#11351 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

scan and reproduce the playfield

Charlie was contracted to make playfields, I'd imagine he still has the ability to make more for a price.

1 month later
#11624 7 years ago

I'm glad to see things are finally moving. Here's a similar story of a morning show in Chicago about fighting a scammer and it took 5-6 years to fight in court.
http://picosong.com/DQQj/

1 week later
#11775 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Found on the "Community Board" at the Family Fare Supermarket in Standish, Michigan

Anyone find it ironic he lives in the city of "pinconning"?

That house was bought in May of 2015, and it apparently wasn't bought for $30k, it was bought for $89k
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/810-W-2nd-St-Pinconning-MI-48650/23738902_zpid/

Spokeo says there are 5 Kulek's residing at that address. Get contact names for just 95 cents:
http://www.spokeo.com/MI/Pinconning/810-W-2nd-St

3 months later
#12022 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

If Kevin doesn't show his slimy face doesn't that put him in Contempt of Court under Point #5 "willfully and purposely ignored and refused to obey an order of the court"?

Can this lead to an arrest warrant?

There are people that get arrest warrants for not showing up to court for traffic violations. I think not showing up to a bankruptcy case for that much money (with this case already dragging on so long) would be grounds for a judge to submit a warrant. The judicial system is already clogged up with a backlog, the last thing a judge has patience for is no-shows.

I imagine this playing out like a carmen san diego episode (where in the world is... Kevin Kulek)

The loot (predator machines)
The warrant (not showing up to court)
The crook

2 weeks later
#12056 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

$500 a day if he doesn't produce the records and/or doesn't appear.

Wow that's a game changer. Either he's going to show up and face the music, or flees to Canada (so long as he has a valid passport and doesn't have warrants against him that would stop him at the border). Hope this works out for all the buyers.

#12127 7 years ago

So should the company be renamed? Skit-P: some kid in the prisonblock.... or perhaps skip-t.. skipping town?

#12193 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

he pled guilty to breaking and entering over 7 times, and all he got was 2 year's minimum probation and a non-contact order. The judge literally said jail time for this situation is a "waste of money for taxpayers."

I had a friend (obviously not now) that burglarized a home and got caught (didn't cut all the security lines to the police).. Spent almost 3 years in prison at age 17 (had to get his GED when he got out). I think the only reason he got jail time was because he had a prior accessory burglary charge at 15 (he was waiting in the car while his buddies burglarized a home).

#12216 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

here is his wife's photography FB page. I'm sure she would appreciate a nice review of her services with the nice camera equipment you all bought her!

"Heyyy.. she's got fo kids to feed"
What happened to five?
aww shucks, you got me

total_recall (resized).jpgtotal_recall (resized).jpg

#12272 7 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

each kid got a brand new laptop from santa

Kevin might as well be kicking every buyer in the nutsack with that video

#12281 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Not to be a Deby downer here, but is this video even usable against him? Is there proof that one of them uploaded it because you sure as hell cant make out the face of the "dad" in it. Not saying it isn't him, but unless there is hard evidence that he or his wife uploaded it, I doubt it is clear enough to be used against him.

Kevin doesn't say much, but if that's his wife I'm sure you could use simple voice analysis software to match voices.. That or you know, you could get a search warrant to look inside the house to see if it matches the blue walls and the half white wood paneling with the 2 surround speakers mounted on the wall, and the yellow kitchen in the video.

#12452 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

In Tucson, I have to have a business license, a vendors license, and a $6 sticker on each machine I have on route. I also have to pay a % to the city (and of course state and federal taxes). In a super rural area, maybe there are no local laws/licenses, but if there are and they aren't getting their cut, that might be the in.

In Tennessee, I believe there are no state coin-op taxes (which is why game galaxy thrives), but there's always a federal tax. In Illinois the books haven't changed, so it's something like $25 per sticker, which is why many arcades are free play (one entry fee).

#12683 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I always loved "It's a Mad Mad mad mad World". So much talent in one great package

Where you going Kevin?

#12942 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i asked the guy (old man) why paypal and not cash - he had heard stories how people pay cash - take the car - and then have friends go rob the guy right after they leave with the car

Somewhat similar story: bought a last action hero from a retired guy on ebay couple years back. Price was somewhat reasonable. Asked why he didn't just throw it on craigslist so he didn't have to pay fees. He said he trusts ebay because you have a contract of agreed pricing so he doesn't have to haggle with buyers, and each party has feedback (and registered info). He'd never let some stranger in his house nowadays.

#12955 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

What's the going rate now?

Even if it's 3 times that
$12,500 fines / $21 day = 595 days, or 1.6 years? He'd be adding 3 weeks of jailtime everyday he doesn't submit the paperwork at that rate. Pretty hard to find receipts he doesn't have while in jail.

It's no wonder why he didn't show up.

#12979 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

More big things are happening people... I won't go into detail, but I did uncover some pretty damning info last week

Kevin got a role in a new pirate movie, and he got a big sign-on bonus that will be garnished to be distributed to all the buyers?

kevin_POTC (resized).jpgkevin_POTC (resized).jpg

1 week later
#13104 7 years ago

I imagine homeschooling goes like eddie murphy's parody of mister rogers
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mr-robinsons-neighborhood/n9117?snl=1

mr_robinson (resized).jpgmr_robinson (resized).jpg

#13112 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Curious why Kevin did not have legal representation with him?

Some are speculating he can't afford his lawyer.. why else would he bring up to the judge "what if I can't get a hold of my lawyer? Can I contact the prosecutor?" to which he responded "uhhh, I think that's a conflict of interest".

This is kangaroo court
"you have 2 choices.. 1. You can go to trial with the public attorney, or 2. you can try the case yourself.. that would be the biggest mistake of your life"

morty_judge (resized).jpgmorty_judge (resized).jpg

#13151 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Do you understand ? Yes Sure ? Yes Sure ? Yes

Did you say yes sir or yea sure?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m7uxx

super[1] (resized).jpgsuper[1] (resized).jpg

#13213 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The whole thing about documents being forwarded through email is baffling to me. It seems very 2000s. Is there no system available whereby documents can be directly filed to a case and remain viewable but immutable to all parties?

You would think so.. when I re-financed my mortgage last summer, I was able to upload all the necessary documents as pdf over the web, and every department that needed to see them could go grab it.

#13420 7 years ago

I heard that like if you find a pinball machine with a mouse in it, it's free. It's in the Canadian criminal law eh

#13560 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mr.Bally, I think you provided the business card. Care to may some money and lend a hand in helping out?
anyone else?

kevin_kulek_business_card (resized).jpgkevin_kulek_business_card (resized).jpg

#13562 7 years ago

Anyone else have idiocracy in their head as they listen to this?
"Judge should be like.. guilty! peace"

#13618 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont know what I did with 1/2 Million...!!! Expenses and stuff! Right? hmmm...

Yea, why was a pizza place showing up as withdrawal in a business account?

#13623 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Did the black light features work correctly? If I remember the original idea was that black lights would light certain shots for different modes

From everything I read, from what I saw at shows, and from what Charlie Emery said (who worked furiously for weeks to try to get it to work), the black light worked like crap.. Even in a dark room it was barely visible. Viper night drivin was more impressive than predator if that's any indication.

Also I don't remember which Chicago Expo (2014 was the last public viewing?) but I remember he brought the machine again (along with sonic the hedgehog), and neither were running for the first couple days. It was Kevin with a laptop fixing code.

#13626 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

hear in the end that the clear coat he used had UV
protection in it for auto/fading, but on a playfield, it did its job, and practically eliminated the
possibility of the affect

haaa!! that's like running a humidifier next to a de-humidifier.. It's so dry yet humid in here!

2 weeks later
#14226 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

the garnish follows them to whenever they acquire a job anytime in the future

Of course that only works if you have a job that reports income. If the rumor is true, and he's running a route business without reporting his income, that's 100% free and clear (of garnishing, or taxes if he desires to continue to bypass that system as well).

#14278 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

What kind of account lets you take out $ 1550 and $ 3000 from an ATM ?? Comedy gold, at the expense of the victims.

Judge: "These are rather large sums of money to just be walking around with"

#14296 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It's also a nice Rick and Morty reference

Bri2Vg2CcAA8dYv[1] (resized).jpgBri2Vg2CcAA8dYv[1] (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#14420 7 years ago

How do you not have access to an email account, especially one used for business? (unless he used the predator domain for email). Probably should have exported all your emails before you decided to let the domain go.

#14432 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I've been home sick watching tv and saw an interesting show comparing military prison vs civilian prison.
It seems Military prison has very little fighting, forced hard labor (breaking rocks for railroad track beds), and no ass rape.
Civilian prison has lots of fighting,no forced labor and lots of ass rape....

Good thing Kevin isn't military then. Ass rape sounds like justice

#14556 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Check out what the Kuleks left on the Nathan Law Google reviews page

Wow, low blow if that is in fact tied to Kevin somehow. Curious how long before google averages new reviews with the existing ones.

2 weeks later
#14814 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm purely guessing that Keith has a ton of data to compile and that takes time

opens excel sheet..
A1: atm withdrawal, $500....... reason: misc
A2: atm withdrawal, $1000..... reason: misc
A3: atm withdrawal, $500....... reason: misc
A4: atm withdrawal, $500....... reason: misc
A5: atm withdrawal, $500....... reason: misc
A6: atm withdrawal, $500....... reason: misc
A7: pizza dominoes $32.57..... reason: misc

pheh!

#14855 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

They have places where you can "rent" a Lamborghini and drive it on a racetrack. I did it a couple years ago.....but I chose to drive a Ferrari 458.....it was amazing.

Download an app called TURO. In chicago you can rent a tesla for between $125-$200, or a dodge challenger hemI for $75 a day

#14956 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

nettle ?
I think he means "mettle" in this case.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's funny, I thought he meant meddle.

Quoted from wizard_mode:

Strange, I thought he meant metal.

Quoted from wizard_mode:

Strange, I thought he meant metal.

Quoted from labnip:

maybe we should settle ?

Quoted from T-800:

Stop these ryhmes now, I mean it...

1 week later
#15025 6 years ago

$25, 342.52 check, EXACT amount he took out of the business account. What a moron, you didn't think that would eventually come up in records?

2 weeks later
#15229 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Three feet of standing water in the basement when it rains? Is this house surrounded by a moat? On a lake?

Flood plains are typically land that is meant to be preserved for nature, not to build homes on. I imagine back in 1905 there wasn't the flooding that there is there today. With global warming, 3 feet of water isn't surprising (especially if there are no sump pumps to eject water added since it was built). That house sounds like absolute hell, they may as well be living in a treehouse at this point.

#15263 6 years ago

As much as I have little sympathy with anyone involved.. I can see how she's pissed off that she also trusted kevin "IE sharing a bank account and mixing money because he's your husband". And because she can't really prove which funds came from where, unfortunately some of her real earned money (not stolen like kevin did) is going to get lumped into this. She's actually manning up more than Kevin is, giving up whatever paperwork she can provide, and asking what she's responsible for so she can make plans to pay back what she's responsible for even if it means refinancing and taking the hit of a giant loan embedded into the mortgage so this can be over and she can move on. Kevin seems to just be denying everything and putting off helping the system as much as possible. I'm guessing when this is all over, they won't be together.

#15307 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Does anyone have the address for this 28k house? When I heard the amount I assumed it was just earnest money or a % of cash taken to start building a home. Not the entire purchase price. Good God. Must be a really desirable area.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/236#post-3308273

1 month later
#15794 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Can anyone zoom in on the family photo in the one pic?

doesn't like piratey enough

photo_frame (resized).jpgphoto_frame (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#15960 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

keithinmi is evil. Our business is suffering due to Pinside’s awareness of legal proceedings against us. We’re suing keithinmi for libel (even though keithinmi HASN’T actually written about us on Pinside) because people have been reading publicly available court documents

#16244 6 years ago

I think you can absolutely live in a flood plain, but your house better have a very tall foundation (like some houses do in New Orleans where the house will literally be jacked up on cinder blocks). I mean that or the house needs to be converted into a houseboat with an anchor tie-off.. Flood comes, house floats for a while. Home heat would have to converted to electric since gas lines can't flex that much.

I don't know who buys a standard house in a flood plain zone without some plans to make it livable for the future.. Oh wait, we ARE talking about Kevin here.

#16274 6 years ago

Since Keith may contact a moderator to remove that original photo because of kids faces, here's an edited one for prosperity

kulek_arcade_haul-edited (resized).jpgkulek_arcade_haul-edited (resized).jpg

#16317 6 years ago

Wow, looks like Amanda was home schooled too with that grammar, or did her phone auto-correct badly and she didn't bother to fix it?
"As of right now we have not had a chance to figure it all out I know our APPLICIENCE are gone in both the kitchen and the laundry room, we will need new living room stuff but once we have it all cleaned out we will be able to ASSES and figure out everything we need its so overwhelming. Thank you THO!"

Good to know that not only is their entire HVAC system likely effed when all the moving metal parts corrode (have fun this winter), but also all their appliances. Can't wait to hear the next court audio, should be filled with even more woe-is-me.

#16376 6 years ago

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2017/06/road_commission_manager_says_b.html

* Stay out of the water. Rainwater is considered contaminated with fertilizer and manure
* Contact insurance company immediately so they can come and assess the situation. Basements are in flood zones, so some residences don't have flood insurance
* With impacted basements, if a furnace or water heater has been touched by water, make sure to contact a licensed contractor to inspect it before relighting the pilot

#16403 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I also have to wonder though, what's the attraction to land that floods every year? It's not suitable for any sort of permanent structure. Is it a buffer from your neighbor? Or, is the real reason annual pirate ship practice?

There is none from a homeowner point of view. Flood plains were intended as a buffer for rivers so that it doesn't flood out other areas. The wiki specifies that any structures built in this area may be required to be elevated to at least two feet above the surrounding grade:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floodplain

Also talks about what is required to get special government subsidized insurance:

"In order for flood-prone property to qualify for government-subsidized insurance, a local community must adopt an ordinance that protects the floodway and requires that new residential structures built in Special Flood Hazard Areas be elevated to at least the level of the 100-year flood"

I'm guessing if that house is flooded that badly, they didn't comply and aren't insured.

#16427 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Who would spray paint junked furniture on the side of the road with those messages.

It's possible there is some county representative that inspects water logged furniture to check mold content, then sprays it so poor people don't bring it back in the house after it's dried. I look at that pile and think if that were on craigslist in the chicago area, you couldn't give it away even in a non-mold condition. I'd imagine all that stuff will be easy to replace.

#16457 6 years ago

I love how this entire courtcase is about Kevin selling false goods and keeping money, but we haven't heard from him in what 4-5 MONTHS? Kevin's mom goes to court, wife takes her. House is flooded and furniture needs to be moved outside and the inside needs to be evaluated whether it can be saved, Amanda is taking care of it while I'm assuming Kevin is babysitting kids in a hotel room.

#16500 6 years ago

What world is Kathy living in? The judge let you have the trailer because it's not worth the time trying to prove who paid the $250 (especially now since it's likely worthless). According to the testimony I heard, Keith didn't lose the house. It's my understanding it's in the process of granting $30k ($5k less than appraisal for the sake of quick sale). Good thing they got that appraisal done before the flood.

Quoted from investingdad:

Did the judge order pictures to be removed as the comment states?

No, he doesn't have that jurisdiction. Keith in his kindness offered to contact a moderator to have that image removed (which is why I reposted an edited version removing the faces of the kids so the evidence can stand that Kevin is buying arcade games when he's supposedly broke).

#16661 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Will he properly prepare the lot this time by raising the house up on a block foundation?

Based on what I'm seeing on the FEMA website (which is digging a trench around the house, cutting holes in the foundation, sticking I-beams through, and jacking the entire house up with jacks), I'm guessing not. Look at figure 5-4a
https://www.fema.gov/pdf/rebuild/mat/sec5.pdf

#16679 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh and try to say "meow" once a minute

did I say meow? do I look like a cat all mimbly bimbly?

#16743 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Each excuse alone would be perfectly acceptable, but when a different catastrophe happens 3 times a week for weeks on end, you know what you are in for with that person

These things always happen in threes

goldfish_excuse (resized).pnggoldfish_excuse (resized).png

#16763 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

To bad it's not a mix with hanging judge Harrison. The court is now in session!!
» YouTube video

Need the peter blunt system to move things along

2 weeks later
#16915 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Amanda is now OFFICIALLY on the hook for the $30K per Judge Opperman's order (signed the agreement on July 24).
Plus OFFICIALLY still faces the "the Plaintiff/Trustee’s Claims for $18,501.00 transferred to Defendant which is part and parcel of Plaintiff’s Adversary Complaint in this matter

Well the good news is she won't have to worry about being a flood plain anymore, she won't own that home for much longer. How do you refinance $48.5k on a house that USED to be worth $30k, which I'm guessing is probably worth closer to $20k now. I mean unless FEMA cut a big check, I don't see this going well for them.

2 weeks later
#17019 6 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

then wouldn't they be on the hook for whatever the value/cost was?

Yes, that doesn't just go away. I think the point was that nobody is going to be estimating value in it's current condition. Only thing you can do is try to dig up what they actually originally paid for it so you can piece another part of "where the money went".

1 month later
#17425 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

You mean Lou Malnatis and not Unos, correct?

Lou's all the way.. though it's usually Lou's versus Giordano's.

1 month later
#17519 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

In total seriousness, didn't she say awhile back that she was going to California for Halloween because she was afraid of the holiday?

yes, that's why she picked her own date.. in front of the judge, so there's no excuses other than emergency health problems. if she skipped court and went to california, I bet she gets a warrant for her arrest. judges don't like their time wasted. they REALLY don't like being lied to.

#17556 6 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Can't they garner her wages, social security, unemployment, or whatever money she's getting?

She seemed to be able to give Kevin $50 here and there for gas and food.. surely she has some income even if it's minimal. Taking any of that away would certainly serve some justice.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#17611 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here is the document.

So the rumors are true.. he took all that money, PLUS he took side money for a predator and EOD cabinet. They can't go after Tim because he's a 3rd party, and I'm assuming they also can't go after the first party (because he's just buying a product).. And I'm sure that money also is spent by Kevin and not documented.

2 weeks later
#17747 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

damn...I clicked the link and started reading but the spelling errors were too difficult to get through..

Me too, and I'm a stickler for spelling errors. that page made me cringe.

1 month later
#17826 6 years ago

people with money tend to eat well. People being sued who have a crappy job again tend to skimp by on food so they can afford things like used couches to sleep on at a friend's house. It's totally feasible that's him.

2 weeks later
#17859 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

and the Kuleks lived happily ever after.

They were never happy.. they're just living with some extra laptops, a waterlogged trailer, and i'm guessing 4-wheelers with engines full of water

#17881 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And don't forget R & D for Duck Hunt

He also brought a partially completed Sonic the Hedgehog and starfox to expo 2013
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-the-hedgehog-pinball

#17893 6 years ago

Amanda officially getting a divorce, court date is june 14th. She's still trying to fix up that house. She can't get a loan to pay the $25k back because of the flood zone. Government is trying to do imminent domain to take the house away (government usually pays you to leave):
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0bO999Bvwlb

#17904 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Wait, I thought Kathy was going to California for the winter? She's already back?

That court case was October 27th, just before halloween. I don't believe it's been posted though.

1 month later
#17952 5 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Nothing new ??

Kevin's case hasn't had activity since jan 8th, and most of his final cases were basically no shows.
Amanda hasn't had activity since Feb 8th.

9 months later
#18165 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'd be a little concered about someone potentially vandalizing it out of anger from the whole debacle.

Hope they have a good disguise then, galloping ghost has more cameras than a casino.

#18174 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Zero chance Kevin only built one of these.

He didn't, Tim Fife just traded his for a pirates. Also if you look at the pinside map, it claims 5 private people have this in their collection.

1 year later
#18343 3 years ago

I really don't get people that choose to live in flood zones. I get the "cheap house/property", but surely the hassle of rebuilding your house, and losing all your appliances, and begging for money has to get old at some point.

8 months later
#18431 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Couldn't believe guys were spending that kind of money on a pinball machine - let alone a game that some guy claimed to be making in his basement.

I can, it was a different time (2013). Under $5k for a hot predator licensed pinball? Wizard of Oz was having issues getting off the ground (and had that crazy at the time $7k price tag). Stern was on the cusp of releasing metallica, but before then they were cranking out boring titles. If your a typical consumer you have no idea the grand scale difference between a couple one off prototypes and production quantities. I just hope everyone learned their lesson..
Deeproot: hold my beer

7 months later
#18454 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You could try contacting Doc Mack at the Galloping Ghost arcade. They have (had?) a Predator pinball there.[quoted image]

that's probably your best bet, although I think he specifically bought the machine to have something rare that draws people in. I don't know what his viewpoint is on ROM preservation.

Also someone created one 6 years ago. I don't know what sort of code it has, I'm guessing very basic
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3652-predator

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.