Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 370.
#14151 7 years ago

Complaint by Randall L Frank against NICHOLAS JAN DROOMER and a complaint against JAMES WERNER DUBAY...

Both much the same as the above complaints.

Both for $10,000.

#14152 7 years ago

Who are these other people being named?

#14153 7 years ago

Who are Piornak, Woods, et al?

#14154 7 years ago

Great job Kieth!

Hey Kevin >> Wonder how great it is now that all your previous friends are getting more and more pissed at you each day...

#14155 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who are Piornak, Woods, et al?

previous members of Skit B pinball

#14156 7 years ago

apparently recieved money from Kevin/SkitB pinball at one point...

#14157 7 years ago

Either the bank statements are showing this or Kevin decided to sing like a canary.

#14158 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Either the bank statements are showing this or Kevin decided to sing like a canary.

He must of sung becasue it was costing him way too many monies to print those back statements

#14159 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

previous members of Skit B pinball

It looks like James was listed as an "engineer"and Steve was listed as the "build manager". I'm not sure about the other names.

#14160 7 years ago

Wow, the wheels are really starting to come off now.

#14161 7 years ago

The RV is coming to an auction near you

I have to say that Keith is a very effective and rather impressive attorney!

#14162 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like James was listed as an "engineer"and Steve was listed as the "build manager". I'm not sure about the other names.

one of the other guys was an 'artist' or something similar.

#14163 7 years ago

I don't understand why people who did some work for Kevin and were paid for it should be sued in this way? Isn't it fair payment?

Obviously I ask this question having as much legal knowledge in the matter as Kevin did when he set up Scrotum-B.

#14164 7 years ago

hey c508 >> anything against Truckel?

#14165 7 years ago

Aaron Klumpp never took any money? Or is that still buried in the excel sheet/Kevin didn't rat him out yet?

#14166 7 years ago

Whysnow I posted everything from today. I did not see that name on the docket sheet.

More complaints could be on the way in the near future.

If so, I (or likely @WolfMarsh) will post them as they are filed.

#14167 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I don't understand why people who did some work for Kevin and were paid for it should be sued in this way? Isn't it fair payment?

I'm sure that will be cleared up when Kevin releases the payroll/tax/corporation/contracts/etc information for all of these 'employees' and the 'work' they did...

#14168 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Aaron Klumpp never took any money? Or is that still buried in the excel sheet/Kevin didn't rat him out yet?

I believe the issue would be *when* he got money

#14169 7 years ago

When's the CNC getting picked up?

#14170 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I'm sure that will be cleared up when Kevin releases the payroll/tax/corporation/etc information for all of these 'employees'...

Kevin could have contracted their services. It just seems sad that, for the lack of a 1-page service agreement, these guys lose the money they were paid (assuming they earned it). Kevin's absence of paperwork is penalising a lot of decent people potentially, not just the folks who ordered from him

And I say that as one of the plaintiffs who may benefit from getting this money 'back'.

#14171 7 years ago

Edit: I think I got it.

#14172 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Requesting a layman's summary of what went down today.

It's now a race to see which party strings Kevin up by his small nuts, the courts or his old-friends.

#14173 7 years ago

Oh man, I was listening and just lost my connection. It is like a cliffhanger.

The judge asked Kevin's attorney what he thinks he should do. He said something like -

Last week Mr. Nathanson said I should throw him in jail for a few weeks and maybe when he comes out he'll be move cooperative. But I was hesitant to do that.

That's not true. It was the judge saying he would toss him in if he wanted. I think the judge really does not like Kevin.

Kevin's attorney wants out. He wishes Kevin had some paperwork.

That Collier on the phone was great. Fraud, Fraud and Criminal. Great words to throw out.

I'll have to try to connect and finish later. Great stuff.

#14174 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Oh man, I was listening and just lost my connection. It is like a cliffhanger.
The judge asked Kevin's attorney what he thinks he should do. He said something like -
Last week Mr. Nathanson said I should throw him in jail for a few weeks and maybe when he comes out he'll be move cooperative. But I was hesitant to do that.
That's not true. It was the judge saying he would toss him in if he wanted. I think the judge really does not like Kevin.
Kevin's attorney wants out. He wishes Kevin had some paperwork.
That Collier on the phone was great. Fraud, Fraud and Criminal. Great words to throw out.
I'll have to try to connect and finish later. Great stuff.

Wait till you hear the second recording. That one was interesting as well (look in the key post index at the top of the page to find it).

#14175 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Another document is up now that includes one for him as well.

klumpp.pdfklumpp.pdf

#14176 7 years ago

My fingers are tired!

Happy V-Day all.

Yours in indentured servitude to the hobby,

Keith

#14177 7 years ago

Do any of the recent filings make reference to "accoutrements?"

#14178 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Goddammit they're ADORNMENTS!!!!

#14179 7 years ago

Is there any reason Keith Nathanson isn't in the Pinball Hall of Fame yet ???

Dude is protecting his clients and the entire hobby by his dog with bone demeanor with this from day one. He's certainly not doing all this for money.

From your client - my thanks Keith ! Watching it go down almost makes up for having $ 5,000 stolen from me.

: )

#14180 7 years ago

How long might a decision take for all of these filings? Will there be an in-court process? Talk about dropping the hammer.

#14181 7 years ago

So, now in addition to the work "accoutrements," we get to use the new phrase "badges of fraud." Love it!

fraud (resized).jpgfraud (resized).jpg
fraud1 (resized).jpgfraud1 (resized).jpg

#14182 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

James Dubay was the original artist for the playfield artwork (remember the funky shoulder on Arnie?). I met him at EXPO one of the first years Kevin was dragging the whitewood around. I think it was the following year at MGC, I met the next artist inline who picked up where James had left off (remember the skull with strawberry jelly covering it?). If these artists didn't know Kevin was lying about the license it really stinks for them to have put in that amount of work and now possibly(probably?) have to pay that money back. Good lesson to know and trust who you're doing work for ahead of time.

#14183 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Kevin could have contracted their services. It just seems sad that, for the lack of a 1-page service agreement, these guys lose the money they were paid (assuming they earned it). Kevin's absence of paperwork is penalising a lot of decent people potentially, not just the folks who ordered from him
And I say that as one of the plaintiffs who may benefit from getting this money 'back'.

Yes, sometimes working with a fraud or insolvent party will come back to bite you as well... hence why so many businesses are keen on credit history/etc before dealing with new companies. Its not just about getting paid *today* -- improper activities can still be pursued after the fact.

These types of actions are happening because the money that went out can't be *shown* to be going out in a non-preferred, or legal manner. Kevin's schtick of 'I got nothing' means he can't defend his actions.. so legit activities can't be separated from illicit... and so things get hardcore.

Protecting yourself can mean scrutizing who/how you are working with others.

#14184 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If these artists didn't know Kevin was lying about the license it really stinks for them to have put in that amount of work and now possibly(probably?) have to pay that money back. Good lesson to know and trust who you're doing work for ahead of time.

Or.. if you do work under the table... you might have consequences.

#14185 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or.. if you do work under the table... you might have consequences.

Sorry to derail, but I am very curious - - had James had a contract in place with Kevin, would he have been ok? (something to the effect that the artist assumes the license is valid for the work to be provided?) Not every company is going to set up every contractor and issue a 1099. Although I suppose to the tune of $10K, most people would have wanted something formal in place.

Take this one step further, let's assume James did the right thing and claimed that money on his income taxes and paid his unfair share of taxes on it - - if he has to pay back the original sum to the plaintiff(s), is he entitled to get back the taxes he paid?

#14186 7 years ago

I have an urge to drive to Farmington Hills and commit a random crime just to have Keith represent me.

#14187 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sorry to derail, but I am very curious - - had James had a contract in place with Kevin, would he have been ok? (something to the effect that the artist assumes the license is valid for the work to be provided?) Not every company is going to set up every contractor and issue a 1099. Although I suppose to the tune of $10K, most people would have wanted something formal in place.

It's not a matter of 'want' - They are legally obligated to -- If they don't, and you don't press for it -- then you face potential liabilities like this. Kevin as a business was obligated to either pay taxes on employees, or issue 1099-MISC to individuals he paid more than $600.

They are in this situation because they failed to properly document the work done vs payment recieved and because its clouded in this fraudulent activity. Never mind the tax law implications.

Quoted from T-800:

Take this one step further, let's assume James did the right thing and claimed that money on his income taxes and paid his unfair share of taxes on it - - if he has to pay back the original sum to the plaintiff(s), is he entitled to get back the taxes he paid?

Consult your tax attorney I don't know.. my guess is they could file an amended return since the income was no longer there..

#14188 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I believe Woods had a big hand in the development and promotion of the Predator game and may have one of them in his possession. I outlined my findings on him about a month ago with the following post in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tq&tu=sevenrites#post-3527295

#14189 7 years ago

I am really surprised that Kulek has not yet disappeared into that good Pinconning night.

#14190 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am really surprised that Kulek has not yet disappeared into that good Pinconning night.

He was recently spotted working in the Heighway Pinball factory.

#14191 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No but I did see the terms "abscond" and "insolvent" used.

#14192 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

best part is that if he evaporates at this stage he will leave his entire family holding the bag.

#14193 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

best part is that if he evaporates at this stage he will leave his entire family holding the bag.

I wonder if he has a life insurance policy that would take care of his family and his debts?

#14194 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder if he has a life insurance policy that would take care of his family and his debts?

Probably should have claimed that as an asset..?

#14195 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Probably should have claimed that as an asset..?

Only if Whole Life or Universal Life. The Term stuff that Trebek pedals is Term which has no cash value with low premium payment to versus much higher payments.

#14196 7 years ago

Friday is coming up quick

#14197 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Actually, it's not just Kevin that is lacking paperwork. If the various people who did "services" for him could show that it was done as a job (ie: an invoice and receipt for payment), that would be their defense and prevent the claim against them.

(EDIT: I've been part of a bankruptcy case where I was a sub-contractor to them...)

Jaz

#14198 7 years ago

Can someone translate all of those filings?

#14199 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can someone translate all of those filings?

WHAT??....they're not in English??

#14200 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WHAT??....they're not in English??

If I understood correctly, Kevin's bankruptcy got discharged the other day. What process is taking place now? Are criminal charges being brought up now?

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/284 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.