Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 370.
#17251 6 years ago

When is the next expected recording??

#17252 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He said on the record he found the parts in a box by his clubhouse? That's not a joke or hyperbole of some kind?

The box fell off a passing truck.

#17253 6 years ago

Interesting that Hilton projects himself as this ambassador for pinball but he forgets that he has been a cheerleader for failed/failing companies and he sure doesn't feel bad that he worked a backdoor deal out to get an Alien before people that have paid money and waited years for a machine.

#17254 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The box fell off a passing truck.

I heard it was a mobile home.

#17255 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Interesting that Hilton projects himself as this ambassador for pinball but he forgets that he has been a cheerleader for failed/failing companies and he sure doesn't feel bad that he worked a backdoor deal out to get an Alien before people that have paid money and waited years for a machine.

Thanks for transcribing Kaneda's rantcast for everyone who didn't want to hear it. Seriously, a sad service no one is asking for.....You forgot to equate Heighway with Skit-B....your BFF will be disappointed.

#17256 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

. Evidence of Kevin selling licensed material post it all going under shows his true nature when things become criminal (they will as after the bankruptcy and civil stuff is done, you better believe I will be just as tenacious on working towards criminal and IRS proceedings) and may help in getting the weight of Fox pressing for criminal charges.

I also think some of these games have value that is a recoverable asset of the trustee/ people screwed in the whole thing. I would love to see these games recovered, auctioned off to the highest bidder, and then potentially made available for the public to see/play rather than hidden away in some clubhouse or basement.

So, just to be clear, you think Kevin should be tossed in jail for selling an unlicensed game, then in literally the next sentence, you feel that somebody else should sell the exact same game and send at least some of the money to you? ...and you think Fox would be fine with that?

Do you ever think this stuff through?

#17257 6 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Do you ever think this stuff through?

Nah, he's just mad he is banned from the vfw showcase and can't flip games in the parking lot anymore. Well on his way from getting banded from Michigan - haha!

#17258 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Is Buyer X now within his full right to keep this game? Is he the bad guy with a machine while the other buyers got nothing?

Do you want the emotional answer or the legal answer?

If the seller was insolvant and files for bankruptcy (and the criteria are met)... it's subject to clawback.

The very idea that your buy did something 'extra' to get the edge over the other creditors is exactly WHY it's subject to clawback. The process is meant to avoid unequal distribution to creditors.

#17259 6 years ago

Whysnow must be a heavy hitter in the pinball field, as he has people gunning for him, although he is a victim here as far as I can tell.

#17260 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Oh snap. Question for Hilton. If Heighway goes under without shipping games or refunds to its customers, will you give up your Alien to be auctioned off so the proceeds can be distributed evenly to everyone who is owed money?

#17261 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If Heighway goes under without shipping games or refunds to its customers, will you give up your Alien to be auctioned off

Heighway has issued refunds and i think one is remaining for Toads. Your argument is invalid. Also according to cointaker games are coming in and are currently delayed by the 2 largest storms in history.

#17262 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

he sure doesn't feel bad that he worked a backdoor deal out to get an Alien before people that have paid money and waited years for a machine.

I did not work out any sort of back door deal to get an Aliens.

I put down my name and paid the deposit to hold my spot, just like anyone else in Heighway 1.0 Not sure where you get your BS lies from but you are wrong.

Quoted from vicjw66:

If Heighway goes under without shipping games or refunds to its customers, will you give up your Alien to be auctioned off so the proceeds can be distributed evenly to everyone who is owed money?

Please see above. Aliens was bought and paid for with a company still in business and selling a legally made machine. I know you like to try and pile on when given the chance, but you should pick your options of when to jump in a little better...

I would NEVER make any sort of deal to personally benefit from something like getting a Predator machine/parts after the company failed and we all knew the truth of the shitstorm a comin'
Reality is that Kevin called me when it was all going down and told me to come on over and get the most recent prototype game he had build and to take it as my own. He "felt bad" that I had been such a proponent of him and wanted me to get something. I turned him down and told him to pound sand.

You are trying to make the comparison, but you just look silly since they are not even remotely similar and by the sounds of it Heighway is righting the ship and has refunded all but 2 or 3 people (not sure, but from what I have read that seems to be the case)

#17263 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I put down my name and paid the deposit to hold my spot, just like anyone else in Heighway 1.0 Not sure where you get your BS lies from but you are wrong.

I thought before you mentioned promising sharing audits and other info to get yours early and promised to operate it.

It's not pure luck your game shipped early and almost completely isolated from every other build...

#17264 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please see above. Aliens was bought and paid for with a company still in business and selling a legally made machine. I know you like to try and pile on when given the chance, but you should pick your options of when to jump in a little better...
I would NEVER make any sort of deal to personally benefit from something like getting a Predator machine/parts after the company failed and we all knew the truth of the shitstorm a comin'
Reality is that Kevin called me when it was all going down and told me to come on over and get the most recent prototype game he had build and to take it as my own. He "felt bad" that I had been such a proponent of him and wanted me to get something. I turned him down and told him to pound sand.
You are trying to make the comparison, but you just look silly since they are not even remotely similar and by the sounds of it Heighway is righting the ship and has refunded all but 2 or 3 people (not sure, but from what I have read that seems to be the case)

As far as the Predator situation, I'm totally on your side. As far as piling on, you must have me confused with someone else. When have I ever piled on you? In 5 years on pinside, have I commented more than 1 or 2 negative posts towards you?

I don't follow the Alien thread, but the last I heard was that refunds had stopped and many people were still waiting for their money back or their game. The key word I said was "IF". If Heighway went under and there were some people(or even 1 person) who got shafted, would you auction your game and evenly distribute proceeds? Because IF that scenario plays out than it would be similar to the Kulek predator mess. Andrew did plenty of lying and deception regarding the license and a whole bunch of other stuff just like Kevin. You certainly got preferential treatment over other Alien preorders. You can't deny that.

#17265 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He said on the record he found the parts in a box by his clubhouse? That's not a joke or hyperbole of some kind?

#17266 6 years ago

hey hilton:
do you care to explain to the pinside community why you thought that I had any knowledge of this whole mess? and because you thought so, you contrived a story that you were obtaining a joust pinball and wanted some breakdown information from me (which I gladly gave you). but somehow in the phone call that transpired afterwards, the whole joust story somehow turned into another "predator" witch hunt where you attempted to "pump" me for any known information (all of which was conjecture, hearsay or heard 3rd, 4th and whatever hand from people who knew people) simply because I reside here in michigan and am currently a member of clay's club?

unhappy with the fact that I appeared to be "holding out on you", you then gave my contact information to keith nathanson (without my knowledge or consent), whom then phoned me at my place of business and attempted to "bully" and "lead" me into giving information (again of which I did not possess) under threat of having me deposed and subpoenaed

at one point I thought that we were friends. heck, I even backed you up [here] on multiple occasions. however, I've never had a [friend] who was as self-serving as you. you may think that you're a pinball saint, but let's face it, you're just another dumb@ss who drank the kulek kool-aide and unfortunately got burned (like many others)

what makes it different is that you've made this your personal vendetta (because "your" [good] friend kevin screwed you over). and you figure that it's ok that everyone in the pinball community that even knew of the predator fiasco is fair game to be abused by you.

I've got news for you, it's not. if you attempt to contact me again over this situation, I'll be contacting my legal counsel and proceeding with a harassment suit

full disclosure:
I have met and/or talked to kevin kulek a total of 3 times (totaling maybe 10 minutes with most of the conversation actually surrounding their "duck hunt" game). to be honest, the only reason that I ever spoke with kevin was that I was working the shows and was bored. I never thought that the predator game (shown at the michigan pinball expo a few years ago) played very well.

#17268 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I thought before you mentioned promising sharing audits and other info to get yours early and promised to operate it.
It's not pure luck your game shipped early and almost completely isolated from every other build...

We purchased a Full Throttle and deposit was placed with name on the list back then for Alien. I have no idea where that put us in the line but it was first 10 for sure. Moving from somewhere in first 10 to the second to be delivered was a matter of confirming I would be putting it on route and provide info to help make it better. Sorry, but that is not some sort of back end deal after the company folded in order to secure a game that was built on the backs of others. That was simply good business when things were all happy that games would be delivering (Andrew obviously needed game out in the public eye so they could be played and others could buy) , plus the forethought to put a name on a list early on in order to get an early production game (I like supporting pinball and the fun of getting things early so I often push to do that).

To even say this is remotely similar to what people with Predators did if laughable.

#17269 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Moving from somewhere in first 10 to the second to be delivered was a matter of confirming I would be putting it on route and provide info to help make it better.

Thats is the deal mentioned to get the game BEFORE others. Which is the comment made

Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, but that is not some sort of back end deal after the company folded in order to secure a game that was built on the backs of others.

Which was not said

#17270 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hey hilton:
do you care to explain to the pinside community why you thought that I had any knowledge of this whole mess? and because you thought so, you contrived a story that you were obtaining a joust pinball and wanted some breakdown information from me (which I gladly gave you). but somehow in the phone call that transpired afterwards, the whole joust story somehow turned into another "predator" witch hunt where you attempted to "pump" me for any known information (all of which was conjecture, hearsay or heard 3rd, 4th and whatever hand from people who knew people) simply because I reside here in michigan and am currently a member of clay's club?
unhappy with the fact that I appeared to be "holding out on you", you then gave my contact information to keith nathanson (without my knowledge or consent), who then phoned me at my place of business and attempted to "bully" and "lead" me into giving information (again of which I did not possess) under threat of having me deposed and subpoenaed
at one point I thought that we were friends. heck, I even backed you up [here] on multiple occasions. however, I've never had a [friend] who was as self-serving as you. you may think that you're a pinball saint, but let's face it, you're just another dumb@ss who drank the kulek kool-aide and unfortunately got burned (like many others)
what makes it different is that you've made this your personal vendetta (because "your" [good] friend kevin screwed you over). and you figure that it's ok that everyone in the pinball community that even knew of the predator fiasco is fair game to be abused by you.
I've got news for you, it's not. if you attempt to contact me again over this situation, I'll be contacting my legal counsel and proceeding with a harassment suit
full disclosure:
I have met and/or talked to kevin kulek a total of 3 times (totaling maybe 10 minutes with most of the conversation actually surrounding their "duck hunt" game). to be honest, the only reason that I ever spoke with kevin was that I was working the shows and was bored. I never thought that the predator game (shown at the michigan pinball expo a few years ago) played very well.

not sure what to tell you...

We spoke on the phone about Joust (thanks for your help) and then you turned the conversation to Predator and wanted to gossip about it but could not go 'on the record'. You told me specifically that Kevin 'sold the spare parts to some guy in IL and that is where clay got the parts' I asked you for info on the "guy in IL" and you refused to tell me anymore saying you did not want to get involved since MI is a small world and some of the bigger collectors ban people from their collections. I took that as you were trying to warn me that Clay was going to ban me, but also that you and others wanted to maintain your good standing and clay was actively trying to figure out whom the mole was in the local MI group.

I gave you full disclosure then that I was going to pursue finding out more to discover where the parts went and how they got to clay. I also told you that the easiest thing would be for you to tell me the name and I would keep it anonymous and your name would never come up so Clay would not know where the info went. You opened the can of worms and bragged about having knowledge to help the discovery but were unwilling to give the details needed; you knew you were going to be talking to someone down the road if you had info, and you even said "I want to help you guys but I cant because of how things are over here" Sorry you now feel the need to lie about the conversation, but I fully understand that the heat came down on you from those with Predator games/parts and they are not happy that you helped provide more info to track down potential recoverable assets. As for any conversation you had with the lawyer, nice to hear he was doing a good job of calling people with potential knowledge of recoverable assets. That is what he is supposed to do. If you ever decide you want to provide the rest of the info to help piece things back together then you know where to find me and I am sure the other guys that got screwed in this matter would appreciate the info also. Dont worry, I wont ever ban you from playing my games, even if you dont help out. That said, I think it is the right thing to do and you will feel better for helping do the right thing rather than protecting a few people that are on the wrong side of this whole thing.

last thing...

here is my 'contrived story' lol

P9080525 (resized).JPGP9080525 (resized).JPG

#17271 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thats is the deal mentioned to get the game BEFORE others. Which is the comment made

Which was not said

others said it was some sort of backhand deal...

I know people want to really stretch to make some sort of connection to what Clay did on Predator but it is such a stretch it is silly

#17272 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure what to tell you...
We spoke on the phone about Joust (thanks for your help) and then you turned the conversation to Predator and wanted to gossip about it but could not go 'on the record'. You told me specifically that Kevin 'sold the spare parts to some guy in IL and that is where clay got the parts' I asked you for info on the "guy in IL" and you refused to tell me anymore saying you did not want to get involved since MI is a small world and some of the bigger collectors ban people from their collections. I took that as you were trying to warn me that Clay was going to ban me, but also that you and others wanted to maintain your good standing and clay was actively trying to figure out whom the mole was in the local MI group.
I gave you full disclosure then that I was going to pursue finding out more to discover where the parts went and how they got to clay. I also told you that the easiest thing would be for you to tell me the name and I would keep it anonymous and your name would never come up so Clay would not know where the info went. You opened the can of worms and bragged about having knowledge to help the discovery but were unwilling to give the details needed; you knew you were going to be talking to someone down the road if you had info, and you even said "I want to help you guys but I cant because of how things are over here" Sorry you now feel the need to lie about the conversation, but I fully understand that the heat came down on you from those with Predator games/parts and they are not happy that you helped provide more info to track down potential recoverable assets.
last thing...
here is my 'contrived story' lol

I believe that you have the story turned around. why on earth would I turn the conversation to something that I had little or no actual knowledge about and no horse in the race? you brought up predator, and you basically drove that portion of the conversation. at no point did I ever state that clay got any parts from anywhere. why you continue put words into people's mouths and insinuate that everyone one here in michigan (especially clay) is running some underground production line of predator machines is anyone's guess

all I mentioned to you in that conversation was that I had "heard" (eg. hearsay) that someone in IL had purchased 4 playfields and 4 cabinets with artwork. I had no actual knowledge if that was fact or what the gentleman's name was. I also thought that I knew where 2 of the 10 playfields landed, but after talking with the person in question, the information that I was given was completely false.

you stating that [I] opened the can of worms and had all of this first hand knowledge is quite fascinating and I wish that we had recorded our conversation, because you as continue to weave such a fantastic tale (in your head) and I think that you have lied to yourself and others so many times that you've actually begun to believe all of the sh*t that you constantly are spewing is fact

as I've stated before, I have no first or 2nd hand knowledge of anything regarding the predator machine. anything that I've heard is either conjecture or hearsay from someone who told someone that they heard from their boyfriend's cousin's sister's roommate. if you want to take that as fact, then so be it (but it really isn't

#17273 6 years ago

Wish you had said it was all just info from your boyfriends cousins sister roommate...

I still have $500 for factual evidence/info on where any of the parts to build 10 Predator games went.

Set up a throwaway gmail and paypal, send me the info, once verified, you will get payment and never be named (you dont need to be named as the only thing of interest is the recoverable assets and the hands they passed through from Kevin to ? to ?)

#17274 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

others said it was some sort of backhand deal...
I know people want to really stretch to make some sort of connection to what Clay did on Predator but it is such a stretch it is silly

You should CAPITALIZE at least one word in your denial to make it seem believable.

#17275 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

info on where any of the parts to build 10 Predator games went.

Interesting that you keep (only) focusing on the first 10, Hilton - is it that you were in the first ten in line and want to get your hands on it and "too bad so sad" for buyer #11 and onward, since obviously there's not going to be much, if any recoverable money from Kevin/SKitB?

I mean, I get it, this whole situation sucks, and I'd be pissed as heck about it, but I am not sure I'd ever plunk so much money down ahead of seeing any actual product being produced from a start-up company. Heck, I am loathe to drop even $75 on some Kickstarter campaigns for things I really like...I am still waiting for product from two different Kickstarter based products for over two years while knowing inside that it'll never happen. I equate that to this, but granted, a lot more money is on the line per person, and total, here.

Note: I have no horse in this race, I am just sitting back and watching (and eating popcorn)

stephen-colbert-popcorn-gif (resized).jpgstephen-colbert-popcorn-gif (resized).jpg

#17276 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Interesting that you keep (only) focusing on the first 10, Hilton - is it that you were in the first ten in line and want to get your hands on it and "too bad so sad" for buyer #11 and onward, since obviously there's not going to be much, if any recoverable money from Kevin/SKitB?

Note: I have no horse in this race, I am just sitting back and watching (and eating popcorn)

Only 10 playfields were made. There weren't any more than that. That's why the number of ten keeps coming up.

#17277 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

looking for info on 10 as we know that Kevin had parts to build 10 games. In particular and specifically there were 10 playfields made and we have see the photo posted in the depths of this thread from when Kevin picked up the crate with 10 pfs. That is the limiting factor for building your own game from what I see...

#17278 6 years ago

Please let me pay! I can pay! I have money!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17279 6 years ago

I just checked on Pacer to see if there was anything new. Didn't find anything new to share, so I went and looked up some of the next dates.

Amanda (Kevin's wife) got 63 extra days added to her deadline because of the flood, so by my math that makes it around 10/25/17 that she owes the court a source for the $30k she owes.

Kathy (Kevin's mom) has the pretrial conference on 10/19/17 and the trial is scheduled for 10/25/17.

#17280 6 years ago

Halloween approaches...

#17281 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Halloween approaches...

One might even refer to it as "The Season of the Witch"!

#17282 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

One might even refer to it as "The Season of the Witch"!

"Beatniks out to make it rich" ... it's almost like Donovan saw all of this coming.

#17283 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

#17284 6 years ago

I still have a few Predator prints available...hopefully I don't have to destroy these....

predator (resized).jpgpredator (resized).jpg

#17285 6 years ago
Quoted from GrueLurks:

I still have a few Predator prints available..

With a convincing story, I understand those could be worth $500 each to the right person...

#17286 6 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

With a convincing story, I understand those could be worth $500 each to the right person...

LOL who is that in the background?

#17287 6 years ago

Defendant Jonathan Andrew Pinfield-Wells has agreed to pay $2,000 to settle the adversary proceeding against him.

Pinfield Wells Settlement.pdfPinfield Wells Settlement.pdf

#17288 6 years ago

Adversary Proceedings against Defendant Nicholas Jan Droomer dismissed.

Frank_v._Droomer_17.pdfFrank_v._Droomer_17.pdf

#17289 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Defendant Jonathan Andrew Pinfield-Wells has agreed to pay $2,000 to settle the adversary proceeding against him.

can anyone remind us of who these guys are??

#17290 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

can anyone remind us of who these guys are??

I had to do a search in the thread.
Essentially, they received payments (first guy was around $5k, don't remember the second guy's amount) for.. nothing. And Keith was trying to get the money back.

#17291 6 years ago

Both of these guys were listed as artists, despite the fact that James Dubay was the original artist for the playfield and I never saw any alterations after he was gone.

#17292 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Both of these guys were listed as artists, despite the fact that James Dubay was the original artist for the playfield and I never saw any alterations after he was gone.

The new guy came in, cleaned up and finished the art, probably put more time into that than James had. I think he may have been the one responsible for the jelly skull head everyone complained about and after talking with the new artist at MGC I think he tried fixing the funky anatomy on Arnold's shoulder that everyone bickered about as well.

#17293 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

nice to see more money being recovered!

Great job by the trustee!

#17294 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nice to see more money being recovered!
Great job by the trustee!

Hey since your on Hilton can you answer this please?

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#17295 6 years ago

But wait... there's more!

Looks like Defendant James Bradley Piornak II will be settling soon.

See "JOINT FINAL PRETRIAL STATEMENT" (very long and in parts (like the included email thread) redundant) and "ORDER ESTABLISHING DEADLINES, CANCELLING TRIAL, AND SCHEDULING STATUS CONFERENCE"

Piornak1.pdfPiornak1.pdf
Piornak 2.pdfPiornak 2.pdf

#17296 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Looks like Defendant James Bradley Piornak II will be settling soon.

Who's he?

#17297 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey since your on Hilton can you answer this please?

pretty sure you already know the answer to that. If not, just ask your buddy.

#17298 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure you already know the answer to that. If not, just ask your buddy.

So your standard made up stuff per usual, got it.

#17299 6 years ago

Another "Undocumented Employee" see following excerpt from the Feb. 14 Complaint against PIORNAK II

Piornak Complaint (resized).JPGPiornak Complaint (resized).JPG

#17300 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Another "Undocumented Employee" see following excerpt from the Feb. 14 Complaint against PIORNAK II

Dammmn 24K!

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/346 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.