Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 370.
#16151 6 years ago

So am I to understand that she surprised herself with th is purchase?

#16152 6 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

Don't go connecting the dots... clearly, everyone writes like that when they surprise themselves with a gift they bought for themselves, and then post about it facebook to brag about their loser son who clearly had no money of his own to purchase the home... she paid for it from all the government bennies she collects, duh... no way to connect those dots of where all the money went. Kevin did a great job prepping the site for her though. NO DOTS to connect good sir!

#16153 6 years ago

It's laughable and entertaining how the Kulek's really seem to believe they are smarter than Keith and the courts.

Thanks Wolfmarsh for taking the time to share the audio.

Chris

#16154 6 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

My thoughts exactly. She says right there it was a surprise... How can she now claim she bought I herself? Such bull...

#16155 6 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

My thoughts exactly. She says right there it was a surprise... How can she now claim she bought I herself? Such bull...

Criminals tend to lie quite frequently.

#16156 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

He didn't even bother turning up to the court hearings of his wife and mother. Shocking. What a pathetic worm.

He is very busy getting a quote together for DP.

#16157 6 years ago

Not sure they are going to get a loan on the house this week. This was posted on Amanda Kulek's facebook page implying their home (and the trailer from this photo) is currently under water.

Kulek home and trailer maybe (resized).jpgKulek home and trailer maybe (resized).jpg
flood (resized).jpgflood (resized).jpg

#16159 6 years ago

Now that Keith has accepted the 30K I don't think he can get more now that they have a pool.

#16160 6 years ago

Indoor fishing.. How novel.

#16161 6 years ago

Wow, that's hood high in the first picture.

#16162 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Not sure they are going to get a loan on the house this week. This was posted on Amanda Kulek's facebook page implying their home (and the trailer from this photo) is currently under water.

No banker is going to lend money on this property at this time. I hope they have the thirty thousand already available / raised.

#16163 6 years ago

I wonder what his neighbors did...

#16164 6 years ago

So here's the thing. Didn't she say (paraphrasing) 'Oh the trailer is a wreck, that's why it was so cheap, it couldn't survive the trip to Arizona', yet in the Facebook post she says 'It's been really well looked after and everything works'.

EDITED TO ADD:
Well, It seems Mama Kulek is a fortune teller, as that trailer is certainly worth $250 now.

#16165 6 years ago
#16166 6 years ago

Perhaps she mistook Keiths rain dance for waving a gun around in the air?

#16167 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I wonder if Keith can file a lien against any insurance proceeds? They possibly had mandatory flood insurance.

#16168 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if Keith can file a lien against any insurance proceeds? They possibly had mandatory flood insurance.

Where I live, if you live on a flood plain you can't get flood insurance.

#16169 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Where I live, if you live on a flood plain you can't get flood insurance.

The fed gov supplements flood insurance in US. It's only something like $450 a year no matter where your house is (my understanding anyway).

#16170 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The fed gov supplements flood insurance in US. It's only something like $450 a year no matter where your house is (my understanding anyway).

Wow wish I had that.

#16171 6 years ago

100 dollar bills are prolly going to start bubbling up from the back yard.....

#16172 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I guess French classes are cancelled for awhile
c'est la vie

#16173 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#16174 6 years ago

Odd that the travel trailer that isn't road worthy is hooked to a truck in that picture.

#16175 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Odd that the travel trailer that isn't road worthy is hooked to a truck in that picture.

You weren't supposed to notice that little detail.

#16176 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

No banker is going to lend money on this property at this time. I hope they have the thirty thousand already available / raised.

Yikes, tin cans containing cash, once safely buried in back yard, must now be recovered floating down the river. Time to get out the canoe ... pic shows that the Kulek's are already on it.

#16177 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Man I expect more out of the Pinside detective agency. Zoom in on the pic. You can clearly see the bed of the pickup on the opposite side, so the pickup is facing the wrong way.

#16178 6 years ago

Flood insurance, just like normal homeowners insurance , is only required if You have a mortgage on the property.

Prudent yes, required, no.

At $30k, I doubt there was much value assigned to the structures, probably mostly the land value.

#16179 6 years ago

Ironic that they agreed to pay 30k by taking the avenue of getting a mortgage or HELOC and then it floods out.

They're now on the hook officially for that 30k, but the path by which they thought they'd get the loan appears to have taken a massive hit with the flooding of the asset.

The hits keep coming...

#16180 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Man I expect more out of the Pinside detective agency. Zoom in on the pic. You can clearly see the bed of the pickup on the opposite side, so the pickup is facing the wrong way.

That's redneck towing....keep up.

#16181 6 years ago

Pwned. Thanks universe.

#16182 6 years ago

Witches dont like water but pirates do....

#16183 6 years ago

Damn, I wish it had flooded the day AFTER the loan papers were signed. Now they will cry to the judge trying to get it reduced.

#16184 6 years ago

I thought the camper was stored at a different site? Ya'know the one where Kevin didn't buy the trailer, but instead prepped the site for it to sit (clearly what his mom was thanking him for in the facbook post)? So that site was his driveway? Where was the other picture taken then if that shitbucket isn't road worthy?

#16185 6 years ago

I'm not trying to be insulting with this comment, but I'm amazed that so many gave these idiots money. I really wish I would have seen the Predator pin when it was making the rounds.

Everyone must have been swept up in the boutique pinball fever at the time. Of course hindsight as they say is 20/20.

#16186 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I'm not trying to be insulting with this comment, but I'm amazed that so many gave these idiots money. I really wish I would have seen the Predator pin when it was making the rounds.
Everyone must have been swept up in the boutique pinball fever at the time. Of course hindsight as they say is 20/20.

I have to say my reasoning was everybody thought it was great on pinside - I didn't do any research - I just figured it seemed to be sanctioned here so I went with it - my error and I am paying the price in not getting my money back - it was a mistake I made and I take full responsibility for my stupidity. now you have 1 reason why somebody gave him money. the one thing I give myself credit for was not giving the full amount - also the 250 was worth the gamble - when he asked for the other money that is when I should have taken the time to check things out - but I din't and I sent it like an idiot.

thanks ed

#16187 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I have to say my reasoning was everybody thought it was great on pinside - I didn't do any research - I just figured it seemed to be sanctioned here so I went with it - my error and I am paying the price in not getting my money back - it was a mistake I made and I take full responsibility for my stupidity. now you have 1 reason why somebody gave him money. the one thing I give myself credit for was not giving the full amount - also the 250 was worth the gamble - when he asked for the other money that is when I should have taken the time to check things out - but I din't and I sent it like an idiot.
thanks ed

Also you have to consider the environment. This didn't happen in the dark shadows...it was endorsed publicly by many well known individuals in the pinball world. I don't blame any of them as we all take responsibility for our own gambles in life. But it wasn't like kevin was in a trench coat down a dark alley whispering "pssst....check out this pinball". It was at legitimate shows and legitimate company's were working on it...back alley, spooky and VP to name a few.

#16188 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I walked out of an Expo presentation by them after hearing only part of their schtik as I felt there is no way
Kevin could design and build a pinball machine. If Bally, with their resources decided to get out in the late '80's and Williams with their talent & resources got out in 1999; There was no way a guy like Jimbo from the Simpson's was going to accomplish this. He didn't strike me as being very bright. Seemed more like a carnival Barker or used car salesman. Full of lies and bullshit.

As I've stated earlier (and was chastised for it) A majority of pinball collectors are well educated and very intelligent. I can't fathom how they were duped by SKitB. Then again, when we see something we want, we tend to do anything to get it. Including sending money.....

#16189 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Damn, I wish it had flooded the day AFTER the loan papers were signed. Now they will cry to the judge trying to get it reduced.

The Mid-Michigan flood of 2017 changes everything. The defendant could go back and say we can't get the mortgage. We don't want the house. It's yours mr. Trustee and special litigation Counsel to the Trustee. As a bonus, defendant 2 could toss in the Trailer. It will cost more than $250 to haul it away and dispose of since it will be full of mold next week.

Likely will have a negative value once remediation & demolition costs are factored in. I don't think a FEMA temporary trailer can be awarded to the Trustee.

#16190 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

There was absolutely zero due diligence. Partly fueled by Fear of Missing Out. Partly because it didn't seem like a terribly complicated machine to build, and they were using off the shelf everything, so at the time it seemed plausible.

I got out a year before it fell apart simply because the machine didn't show well at Expo, so I started to have my doubts about their ability to build a machine that wasn't a complete turd. But even that thinking was that they were still going to produce it, was never a consideration that they weren't.

#16191 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Mid-Michigan flood of 2017 changes everything. The defendant could go back and say we can't get the mortgage. We don't want the house. It's yours mr. Trustee and special litigation Counsel to the Trustee. As a bonus, defendant 2 could toss in the Trailer. It will cost more than $250 to haul it away and dispose of since it will be full of mold next week.
Likely will have a negative value once remediation & demolition costs are factored in. I don't think a FEMA temporary trailer can be awarded to the Trustee.

Who needs counsel when there are so many people on here that are giving them ideas...

#16192 6 years ago

Does anybody else find it surprising that the judge agreed with Ma Kulek's explanation of why she thanked her son for the trailer over Keith's assertion that it was evidence Kevin bought the trailer for her?

#16193 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The settlement was not 30k or the house... it was for 30k. The settlement removed the 'or take the house' portion of the suit. The stipulations were tied to give the defendant TIME to fund it. I believe now the issue is the defendant probably has nothing worth pursuing... making any judgement a moral victory but likely a dead end. She'd probably just file bankruptcy herself.

This may wipe out any recovery from these folks. The estate will have to keep looking elsewhere I guess.

#16194 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Does anybody else find it surprising that the judge agreed with Ma Kulek's explanation of why she thanked her son for the trailer over Keith's assertion that it was evidence that Kevin bought the trailer for her?

It seemed more like that that part of it was irrelevant and that the facebook photo itself was not strong evidence or proof of anything.

The house has more clear money trail with exact money passing through.

#16195 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Does anybody else find it surprising that the judge agreed with Ma Kulek's explanation of why she thanked her son for the trailer over Keith's assertion that it was evidence that Kevin bought the trailer for her?

No - it only means the leap suggested by Keith was not strong enough on its own to be indisputable. The huge delta in assumed value also undermines the claim. The judge just basically said 'there is enough here worthy to be argued'

#16196 6 years ago

The cabinet maker's shop isn't in a flood plain, or built over a sinkhole or something, is it?

#16197 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's $450 for the lowest risk areas.

In a high risk area like Kev's it's over $4000

#16198 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - it only means the leap suggested by Keith was not strong enough on its own to be indisputable. The huge delta in assumed value also undermines the claim. The judge just basically said 'there is enough here worthy to be argued'

I get that. But if you go back and listen to it again, the judge specifically says he's inclined to believe her story over Keith's.

#16199 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I get that. But if you go back and listen to it again, the judge specifically says he's inclined to believe her story over Keith's.

Well I wonder if she's going to put in her insurance claim for $250 because if she goes for more I think the judge might see things differently.

#16200 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's $450 for the lowest risk areas.
In a high risk area like Kev's it's over $4000

Yikes! I didn't realize that. I've always paid around $450 annually and I just assumed it was the same everywhere.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/324 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.