Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 370.
#17052 6 years ago

Is it just me to think it's wrong that Predator has a link on this site? That should be taken off of the list of pinball machines on Pinside and not have it's own link.

#17053 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Is it just me to think it's wrong that Predator has a link on this site? That should be taken off of the list of pinball machines on Pinside and not have it's own link.

Trying to erase history?

#17054 6 years ago

Nope. Just don't feel that an illegitimate, unproduced, unapproved game deserves a spot in the official game list. The history will be preserved in the forums.

But now browsing the list, I see a bunch of homebrew ones in there as well, so probably pretty loose on what qualifies.

#17055 6 years ago

Whether or not it's legitimate or approved... Pinside is a resource for all things pinball. We shouldn't remove it from the list because we hate it, should we?

There was at least one produced, correct? If that's right, then it is a pinball machine, and if pinside is to be a complete resource, it deserves its own page.

Just MHO.

#17056 6 years ago

Good point. After looking closer I found a bunch of other one shots in there as well.

It's not that I hate it, although had I entered the hobby a little earlier I may have fell for the scam and the hate would be there.

#17057 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Good point. After looking closer I found a bunch of other one shots in there as well.
It's not that I hate it, although had I entered the hobby a little earlier I may have fell for the scam and the hate would be there.

Don't hate the game, hate the player.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17066 6 years ago

Guys... just a reminder... if you see something on here that needs to be moderated, report it and/or start a feedback thread. Posting for a mod to do something in the thread doesn't mean that it's going to be seen, and repeatedly quoting and discussing the thing you want removed just makes it that much harder for us to clean things up. Due to special circumstances with this thread we were checking into a few things, not ignoring you.

Quoted from Groo:

The main reason a Predator machine was even loaded in the database was to be able to track/link threads on the same subject. Per Robin's rules these days this is the only Predator thread allowed, but once upon a time there were many. This information has been put on the machine's info page:
"Due to rumored issues with the lack of licensing and after fierce community speculation culminating in a Pinballnews.com article outlining all the facts, the project was finally canceled on March 24th, 2015 and Kevin Kulek was soon faced with lawsuits from customers who had paid deposits on the unproduced game."

And it is helpful to some people who may be doing research that the threads are all still linked, as "There are 120 forum topics linked to this game."

#17067 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Guys... just a reminder... if you see something on here that needs to be moderated, report it and/or start a feedback thread. Posting for a mod to do something in the thread doesn't mean that it's going to be seen, and repeatedly quoting and discussing the thing you want removed just makes it that much harder for us to clean things up. Due to special circumstances with this thread we were checking into a few things, not ignoring you.

The main reason a Predator machine was even loaded in the database was to be able to track/link threads on the same subject. Per Robin's rules these days this is the only Predator thread allowed, but once upon a time there were many. This information has been put on the machine's info page:
"Due to rumored issues with the lack of licensing and after fierce community speculation culminating in a Pinballnews.com article outlining all the facts, the project was finally canceled on March 24th, 2015 and Kevin Kulek was soon faced with lawsuits from customers who had paid deposits on the unproduced game."
And it is helpful to some people who may be doing research that the threads are all still linked, as "There are 120 forum topics linked to this game."

Good to see that some common sense prevailed here on our "adult website".

#17068 6 years ago

Today we have the addition of VP/Maletich's

"COUNTER-PLAINTIFFS’ RESPONSE TO COUNTER-DEFENDANTS’ SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF COUNTER-DEFENDANTS’ MOTION TO DISMISS"

What a mouthful... anyway, this is VP/Maletich's attempt to keep Keith from getting the (IMHO "bogus") defamation counterclaim dismissed.

How will it all play out, tune in next Thurs (or perhaps Fri) for the audio of the oral arguments and find out...

Frank_v._Maletich_et_al_69.pdfFrank_v._Maletich_et_al_69.pdf

#17069 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

"COUNTER-PLAINTIFFS’ RESPONSE TO COUNTER-DEFENDANTS’ SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF COUNTER-DEFENDANTS’ MOTION TO DISMISS"

#17070 6 years ago

You can't spell "COUNTER" without the letters "C" "O" and "N" !

#17071 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

close, I think you meant "COuNter"

Looking forward to more audio and hopefully closer to some resolutions

#17072 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Today we have the addition of VP/Maletich's
What a mouthful... anyway, this is VP/Maletich's attempt to keep Keith from getting the (IMHO "bogus") defamation counterclaim dismissed.
How will it all play out, tune in next Thurs (or perhaps Fri) for the audio of the oral arguments and find out...

Just when you thought lawschool may have been fun... these kinds of debates suck all of it out.

This reads like the 'I tripped and sued' lawsuits...

#17073 6 years ago

Lawyers suck the money out of everything...

#17074 6 years ago

I think the community's knowledge of this counter suit is likely to cause more harm to his business than any of Keith's alleged accusations could have ever caused.

#17075 6 years ago

So who is going to be Paul's witness? Kevin?

#17077 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

IMG_1279 (resized).JPGIMG_1279 (resized).JPG

#17078 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Mine the ore out of it and see what you have left.

#17080 6 years ago

Dont forget Best of the Best 2

#17081 6 years ago

All this back and forth is just to decide whether a suit for defamation can go forward. There still needs to be a trial etc. I'm surprised the plaintiffs are willing to spend this kind of money. If the action does go forward, proving damages would be a difficult task. Such a waste of time and energy.

#17082 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Such a waste of time and energy.

Got to protect the good name that is VirtuaPin cabinets!

#17083 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

I think you mean

#17084 6 years ago

She is an awful attorney from my perspective. I am a stickler for correct legal writing and she gets an F. Look at all this crap - occasionally? imagineable? court should see through the dust? WHAT THE ACTUAL F$%#. Did she skip her law school classes on procedure? It reads like Harry Potter. 'court must accept'...she uses that one WAY WAY too much for any but the most tolerant of judges. 'this argument is just absurd' - where the F did she learn that was a legal argument? lady, no one cares about what you think is absurd.

'one can only arch an eyebrow'

bwahahahahaahaha

this seems like a joke.

ps - still laughing, picturing Spock

#17085 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

She is an awful attorney from my perspective. I am a stickler for correct legal writing and she gets an F. Look at all this crap - occasionally? imagineable? court should see through the dust? WHAT THE ACTUAL F$%#. Did she skip her law school classes on procedure? It reads like Harry Potter. 'court must accept'...she uses that one WAY WAY too much for any but the most tolerant of judges. 'this argument is just absurd' - where the F did she learn that was a legal argument? lady, no one cares about what you think is absurd.
bwahahahahaahaha
this seems like a joke.

I thought it was just me....her pleadings read like a sophomoric romance novel....too many fluffy superlatives. But I'm no legal expert so I just assumed it was me who thought that.

#17086 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

spock.gifspock.gif

#17087 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

bwahahahahaahaha
this seems like a joke.

What do you call a student that studied law and finished last in her class? A Lawyer.

#17088 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Maybe not proper legal speak, but I have to agree with that statement. That argument was weak.... Spock agrees.

#17089 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

She is an awful attorney from my perspective. I am a stickler for correct legal writing and she gets an F. Look at all this crap

IMHO, the biggest problem Attorney Shanna Kaminski faces is that all the crap she is spewing is based on the premise that "somehow" the allegations which Keith made in a legal filing are "defamation" because "people on the internet read the filings" which magically transforms them into proof of Keith publicly libeling VP/Maletich.

This argument is BS, which is why Keith's initial response is so short and sweet (instead of obfuscating the issue with lots of irrelevant info (which, even if true, doesn't matter)).

The law on this issue is clear and THAT is what Keith's motion to dismiss focuses on (not emotional "poor me" arguments like we have seen from the Kuleks and VP).

nobasis for claim (resized).jpgnobasis for claim (resized).jpg

#17090 6 years ago

Anyway, oral arguments on the motion to dismiss are today.

It will probably be a few weeks before we learn how Judge Opperman rules. However, we should be able to get a reasonable idea of whether or not he is seriously considering the defamation claim based on today's audio.

Stay tuned folks!

#17091 6 years ago

It's amusing to me that Kathy keeps calling Pinside an "adult website" with intentional nefarious insinuation, when it was the PRIMARY (possibly only) website her son used to sell his game. And certainly was the only website he was using to sell it after he had to white wash his own website of any reference of Predator.

#17092 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's amusing to me that Kathy keeps calling Pinside an "adult website" with intentional nefarious insinuation, when it was the PRIMARY (possibly only) website her son used to sell his game. And certainly was the only website he was using to sell it after he had to white wash his own website of any reference of Predator.

And the fact that Robin has made very clear that this is a family friendly website.

#17093 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can't we file a lawsuit against the Skit B Legal department for defamation?

#17094 6 years ago

Boo hoo... 5:05 PM and no audio. I'll check again tomorrow.

Also, Judge Opperman has not yet ruled on the defamation issue.

8-24 (resized).JPG8-24 (resized).JPG

#17097 6 years ago

nice. Can I get a summary? I dont have time to listen currently

#17098 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

bwahahahahaahaha
this seems like a joke.

The question remains: will she use the Chewbacca defense..?

#17099 6 years ago

I just finished listening and I can see the merits of their case. Both sides presented their arguments and in my opinion the other side came out on top. Up to the judge now.

#17100 6 years ago

I'm only halfway through, your Honor, but she sounds flustered. I can't help but think she's nervous and near tears, your Honor.

We "lauded" Keith and he "relished" it though, your Honor. On Pinside, your Honor.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/342 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.