Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 370.
#14901 6 years ago

But wait, there's more!

DOC 29 is less juicy, but still interesting recap of much of DOC 28 framed in the context of a "F.R.CIV.P. 12(f) MOTION TO STRIKE AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES."

So, this is KeithinMI reiterating all the stuff from DOC 28 and torpedoing Defendant Amanda Kulek's "affirmative defenses" and explanations for how she came into the $$$, that the house is "hers," and everything is on the up and up.

FYI, although I previously translated "affirmative defense" as "reasons why she is not responsible" it is more accurate to say that "affirmative defense" = "yes, I did it, BUT [insert legitimate reason here]."

For example, "yes, I shot the intruder, BUT he had broken into my home at 3:00 AM dressed in black with a mask and knife and was trying to get into my child's room."

doc 29.pdfdoc 29.pdf

#14902 6 years ago

he is SO DAMN GOOD!!!

#14903 6 years ago

And the hits, or in Defendant Amanda Kulek's case "swings and misses," just keep coming.

DOC 30 is a F.R.CIV.P. 37 MOTION TO COMPEL PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS which is asking the Judge to ORDER Defendant Amanda Kulek to produce various records in support of the statements she made during her deposition.

Lots of these records are related to Defendant Amanda Kulek's photography "business"

If you don't get the quotes around "business" maybe this emoji will help?

===>

#14904 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can't interact with someone on Facebook via Pinside...which is why I'm asking to see it.

EDIT to catch up: She made posts asking if anyone screwing with her knew[] it was called "doxing" And yelled to "Stop the fucking witchhunt." He friends seemed upset for her, and there were like some emoticons of crying or some shit.

In the light of today's info, I think it is safe to say that request did not work out for Defendant Amanda Kulek.

Maybe if her magikal Pagan, Goddess, Priestess, and Wiccan friends have a prayer circle she will have better luck?

#14905 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

masterfully rips Defendant Amanda Kulek's ANSWER to shreds. And then shreds those shreds... and those shreds' shreds... and so on until we are left with sub-atomic particles.

Poetry....Pure Poetry!

#14906 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I particularly enjoyed the parts where he notes that, by Defendant Amanda Kulek's own admission, she does not know the general meaning or specific legal meaning of many the terms and concepts she employed in her ANSWER.
Also, she is unable to identify legal authorities (statutes, cases precedent, employment or tax regulations) that support her affirmative defenses.

So, they could not afford a lawyer, so they filled the deposition out themselves. I believe most smart (non-lawyer) people would have trouble knowing general meaning or specific legal meaning to law terms and nomenclature. So, is anyone surprised by this? If anything, it seems like these findings would help get her old deposition thrown out (maybe this is a good thing for those in on Predator?).

#14907 6 years ago

Wow.
I seriously hope those criminal investigators are watching this. I get the strong feeling that 'other crap' is going on now, as well, and if the court orders documents, and she doesn't produce...!

#14908 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Today things get far juicier!
Turning back to Defendant Amanda Kulek (wife of Debtor Kulek), we learn that Defendant Amanda Kulek (by her own admission) has no idea what she is doing in terms of her efforts to defend her home and other (allegedly ill gotten) assets...
Bear with me a minute...
On Oct. 4, 2016 Amanda Kulek filed a "ANSWER TO COMPLAINT" indicating 21 affirmative defenses (i.e., reasons why she is not responsible) for, among other things, the " $25,342.52 ... from the [Predator] deposit money paid by purchasers of the Predator pinball machine for a home titled solely in Defendant’s [Amanda Kulek's] name."
She filed that ANSWER "pro se" (i.e. on her own without legal representation (though apparently she did receive some guidance from her lawyer, John Emaus) so she takes responsibility (in theory at least) for the ANSWER's contents.
Now we have DOC 28, where keithinmi masterfully rips Defendant Amanda Kulek's ANSWER to shreds. And then shreds those shreds... and those shreds' shreds... and so on until we are left with sub-atomic particles.
I particularly enjoyed the parts where he notes that, by Defendant Amanda Kulek's own admission, she does not know the general meaning or specific legal meaning of many the terms and concepts she employed in her ANSWER.
Also, she is unable to identify legal authorities (statutes, cases precedent, employment or tax regulations) that support her affirmative defenses.
Must have been a really painful deposition for Defendant Amanda Kulek. We weren't able to watch it, but some of the highlights are quoted in DOC 28 for posterity.
Enjoy!

Was exhibit a, the deposition transcript available anywhere?

#14909 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

So, they could not afford a lawyer, so they filled the deposition out themselves. I believe most smart (non-lawyer) people would have trouble knowing general meaning or specific legal meaning to law terms and nomenclature. So, is anyone surprised by this? If anything, it seems like these findings would help get her old deposition thrown out (maybe this is a good thing for those in on Predator?).

That's why Keith makes note of the fact the filing was made with legal advise... and notes that they have had time now with this second lawyer and still done nothing. It's to counter any claims of ignorance in a try to get a 'do over'.

#14910 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he is SO DAMN GOOD!!!

Professional (resized).jpgProfessional (resized).jpg

#14911 6 years ago

Doc 28 page 6

"10. Defendant has responded to the majority of the adversary complaint
filed in this action failing to admit or deny allegations based upon the premise the
allegation is a “legal conclusion” or denying allegations as being legal conclusions;

11.Defendant does not know what a legal conclusion is."

This made me chuckle.

#14912 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he is SO DAMN GOOD!!!

who me?

#14913 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Transcripts of the depositions would be a great read I'm sure!

#14914 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Hmm, per Keith's response for 13: "having Debtor transfer money to Defendants in amounts less than $10,000.00 per transfer with multiple checks written on the same day."
I would love to hear the rationale behind that one. "Well your honor, my bank has old technology and has difficulty processing large checks so rather than write one check for $75000, I asked for 8 checks for $9k and one for $3k"

The thing is, the Bank Secrecy Act only covers cash transactions (and cash equivalents such as money orders, etc.). If these were truly checks written from his bank account, there was absolutely no reason to structure things in this way, as it would not have triggered anybody's suspicions from a banking perspective. I routinely deposit company checks > $10,000, as I'm sure many other people here do also.

Just goes to show what a criminal mastermind you all are dealing with here.

Best part to me, sitting on the sidelines (and I know there is no good part to those of you who lost money) is the fact that KK brought this on himself by running to the bankruptcy court for "protection". That really worked out well for him......

#14915 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sadly, it is not on the docket at this time.

#14916 6 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

The thing is, the Bank Secrecy Act only covers cash transactions (and cash equivalents such as money orders, etc.). If these were truly checks written from his bank account, there was absolutely no reason to structure things in this way, as it would not have triggered anybody's suspicions from a banking perspective. I routinely deposit company checks > $10,000, as I'm sure many other people here do also.

My last review of banking regulations (and it has been a few years, as it was in conjunction with a large bank litigation) indicated that banks still report transactions over $10k to the FDIC and IRS, and are required to, irrespective of whether they are cash, money order, cashier's check, certified check, wire transfer or other transfer of cash or equivalents. Doesn't necessarily indicate wrongdoing, but simply advises 'large-sum' movement.

#14917 6 years ago

I have a cousin who defrauded a few businesses by writing bad checks. When she was eventually caught, they totaled in the tens of thousands of dollars. Certainly not hundreds of thousands.

She spent some time in jail for that.

I wonder if the folks in question have any idea how serious this is.

#14918 6 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

My last review of banking regulations (and it has been a few years, as it was in conjunction with a large bank litigation) indicated that banks still report transactions over $10k to the FDIC and IRS, and are required to, irrespective of whether they are cash, money order, cashier's check, certified check, wire transfer or other transfer of cash or equivalents. Doesn't necessarily indicate wrongdoing, but simply advises 'large-sum' movement.

That's accurate Keith, as all of the instruments you mentioned are considered "cash equivalents". I was just pointing out that writing a check out of a personal credit union account (if that's what happened, I obviously have no idea) or a business account, payable to a specific business or person, would not be a cash equivalent and would not raise any eyebrows with a bank or a regulator even if it greatly exceeded $10,000. I'm guessing there are tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of such transactions that pass through the banking system each day.

Keep up the good fight.

#14919 6 years ago

I hope that the judge orders her to pay for the time invested in dealing with her nonsense....I think I read requests of $2500 and $1000 by Keith....Hopefully if she is forced to start paying for this out of pocket, she will stop wasting everyone's time and energy...doubtful but one can hope....

#14920 6 years ago

If anyone here needs a job this photography business is hiring -

https://www.facebook.com/Laumephotography/

#14921 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Interestingly enough, so is radioshack...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14922 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Thanks for coming in for the interview, question number one...Do you have any legal experience?

#14923 6 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

banks still report transactions over $10k to the FDIC and IRS, and are required to,

You are correct in this matter. This is what my wife does at her job with a bank her in Kentucky. I just discussed this with her.

Mike in Kentucky

#14924 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Interestingly enough, so is radioshack...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Good one!!!!!!!!!

#14925 6 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

question number one...Do you have any legal experience?

Question Number Two: Do you have any extra cash to loan our business so we can pay you your salary? Uh . . . look at it as an "investment" in your job.

#14926 6 years ago

I am no photographer but the quality of those photos are slaking...

#14927 6 years ago

Question #3: Do you take adornments as payment? U know, they are kinda like bitcoins.

#14928 6 years ago

I think he accepts accoutrements.

#14929 6 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Transcripts of the depositions would be a great read I'm sure!

Amanda translates on paper exactly like the sort of clueless twit her husband has been accused of being all along. Who the brains of the operation was still remains a mystery to me.

#14930 6 years ago

The house is in her name right and she is working. I think we know who wears the pants.

#14931 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

The house is in her name right and she is working. I think we know who wears the pants.

Or wears the strap on........

#14932 6 years ago

I stand neautral on things that don't envolve me. I will say this though. I just bought two cabs from Paul that are the best cabs I've ever seen. I supplied him the decals and he did everything else and they turned out amazing. I had my cabs in about 4 weeks. They are exact as far as cut outs and fitting, they are way better/precise than what Bally/Williams was putting out. I just ordered another cab from Paul a few days ago and also noticed a price increase. I was a little bitter over the price hike, but got over it when I realized how long it would take me to reproduce something like this and the hike is not much more, especially for what you get. I also went and looked at the other two cabs I ordered from him and was happy to pay the new price.

It kills me when people bark at the cost of these cabs. Most people don't bat an eye at putting lipstick on a pig. They spend $400 for color DMD, $300 for invisaglass, $300 in LEDs, $300 on new decals, $$$ for new legs/trim etc adding up to way more than the cost of these new cabs that are built better.

#14933 6 years ago

More of these sweet cabs from Paul

#14934 6 years ago

Sweet, just had to scroll past 2 screenfuls of pictures that have nothing to do with anything. Top job Bud.

EDIT: If you want to show off your shiny new cab, perhaps start a new thread or pick one more suitable:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anoyone-buy-a-replacement-cabinet-from-virtuapin

#14935 6 years ago

I say the IRS should look into her business.

What are the chances her paperwork is in order?

#14936 6 years ago

It's really hard to root for someone's life to come crashing down and fall apart... but, damn... these folks brought this upon themselves. And their resistance to the truth is digging them deeper.

You gotta wonder at what point life is so bad that you'd consider pulling a stupid - illegal - scheme like this.

I know a guy that just went to jail with a multi-decade sentence for a fake real estate investment scheme that stole close to $350k from a small group of investors. Pretty shocking - and needless to say, he's ruined.

Good lesson: be honest and be a good person. Way easier that way.

#14937 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

More of these sweet cabs from Paul

He probably used that sweet CNC he got from Kevin to make those.

#14938 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Sweet, just had to scroll past 2 screenfuls of pictures that have nothing to do with anything. Top job Bud.
EDIT: If you want to show off your shiny new cab, perhaps start a new thread or pick one more suitable:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anoyone-buy-a-replacement-cabinet-from-virtuapin

I did start a thread yesterday and was reading this thread and seen there was some concern about cabs from Paul. I was trying to shed some light and ease the minds of people who were considering buying cabs from Paul. Didnt mean to fill up your screen with pics, but seems like you went through more trouble to hide the images I uploaded than to just keep scrolling. Sorry.

#14939 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I was trying to shed some light and ease the minds of people who were considering buying cabs from Paul.

I don't think people are worried about the quality of the cabs VP are selling. They are worried about the ethics of VP being involved in the Predator sh*tshow, especially as noahfentz has gone radio-silent on the matter. Posting pictures of VP cabs doesn't 'fill in the blanks' that people are looking for right now.

Didnt mean to fill up your screen with pics

Just copy and paste a link to your original thread. For example:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-restoration

#14940 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I did start a thread yesterday and was reading this thread and seen there was some concern about cabs from Paul. I was trying to shed some light and ease the minds of people who were considering buying cabs from Paul. Didnt mean to fill up your screen with pics, but seems like you went through more trouble to hide the images I uploaded than to just keep scrolling. Sorry.

I don't think Paul has to worry about selling too many more cabinets.

I would imagine that portion of his business may dry up a little.

#14941 6 years ago

I fear Amanda and Kevin Kulek are headed for jailtime for fraud. I really hope, if they read this thread, that they grasp the nettle and tell the truth before it's too late. It's in their interests, as well as the people who were allegedly defrauded by Kevin. For goodness sake, guys, save yourselves from prison before it is too late.

#14944 6 years ago

nettle ?

#14945 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's really hard to root for someone's life to come crashing down and fall apart... but, damn... these folks brought this upon themselves. And their resistance to the truth is digging them deeper.

in this case, I find it very easy to wish these pieces of shit the worst. Please see an old post from myself regarding this.

Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I'm giving you a thumbs down because I do not give a damn about his innocent children.
I do not feel guilt for wishing him "all the worst" financially and criminally, fully knowing that his kids will suffer the consequences.

#14946 6 years ago

I think he means "mettle" in this case.

#14947 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

That's funny, I thought he meant meddle.

#14948 6 years ago

No, he's in the UK. He means Stinging Nettle. Trust me, it's not something you want to grasp. Suggesting somebody grasp the nettle is like saying bite the bullet, do something you really don't want to.

#14949 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It's a UK vs US difference (UK is nettle), but hopefully here's a solution

Tender-handed stroke a nettle,
And it stings you, for your pains:
Grasp it like a man of mettle,
And it soft as silk remains.
Works, by Aaron Hill, Vol 4, 1753. Hill was a dramatist and poet and at one time manager of the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London, where — in 1724 — he staged the first-ever performance of Handel’s opera Rinaldo. The inclusion of mettle might seem to give comfort to those who prefer the grasp the mettle form, but it has obviously been included for the rhyme.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-gra6.htm

#14950 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

No, he's in the UK. He means Stinging Nettle. Trust me, it's not something you want to grasp. Suggesting somebody grasp the nettle is like saying bite the bullet, do something you really don't want to.

Sort of. It shouldn't hurt if you grasp it firmly like a man, but will otherwise. Probably Kevin doesn't have the mettle to grasp the nettle. Maybe Amanda does? I hope so, otherwise IMO significant jailtime beckons for both of them.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-gra6.htm

People are clearly puzzled by grasp the nettle. Why would anybody want to do that? Nettles sting. If you want to advise somebody to boldly tackle some obstacle, surely mettle, a person’s ability to cope well with difficulties, would be a better choice?

The answer lies in a minor but intriguing bit of botanical lore. It is said that the hairs on the leaves of nettles sting you if you brush up against them but don’t if you grasp them firmly. I haven’t experimented myself and it’s always possible that it’s just an old wives’ tale, or perhaps a wicked country joke on ignorant townies, though the story was first mentioned in Elizabethan times (16th century):

True it is Philautus that he which toucheth ye nettle tenderly, is soonest stung.
Euphues, by John Lyly, 1578.

Whatever the truth of the belief, the idiom grasp the nettle is based on it.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/299 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.