Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 370.
#14301 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The thread index has all the Key Posts in one handy list.

Posts being out of order are a huge problem though. Any thoughts on fixing this Robin?

#14302 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The thread index has all the Key Posts in one handy list.

Yes, I am all caught up. I still want to know where the RV confiscation came from. We saw the written court order but nothing was mentioned on the 3 audio episodes.

#14303 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Yes, I am all caught up. I still want to know where the RV confiscation came from. We saw the written court order but nothing was mentioned on the 3 audio episodes.

There probably wasn't even a hearing regarding the RV because the owner didn't bother to file anything contesting the trustee's attempt to seize it. The recorded hearings concerned Kevin's continuing failure to comply with court orders to produce documents, and the RV isn't currently in Kevin's possession, so not surprising if it didn't come up.

#14304 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Posts being out of order are a huge problem though. Any thoughts on fixing this Robin?

Quoted from Martijn:

They should appear in posting order, so this appears to be a bug. We will look into this shortly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-posts#post-3607500

#14305 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I never understood how lawyers can defend people that are obviously criminal.
He sounds like he needed a few drinks just to show up via phone.
I guess I'll say a prayer for Kevin's family tonight. It is a shame he couldn't have been honest and re titled it alien jungle hunt, or alien hunter, body collector etc.and been a stand up guy
Wonder if clay is gonna voluntarily hand over his possession of the partial machines?

I think criminal defense is one of the most important aspects of a sound legal system.

What better measure of a legal system can there be than ensuring that those seemingly least deserving of sound and competent representation are able to receive it?

#14306 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Wonder if clay is gonna voluntarily hand over his possession of the partial machines?

I was wondering the same thing. Given Clay Harrell's attitude and evasiveness on the subject of the Predator parts/partial games in his possession, I would not hold my breath. He thinks he is entitled to parts paid for by other people.

#14307 7 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

I was wondering the same thing. Given Clay Harrell's attitude and evasiveness on the subject of the Predator parts/partial games in his possession, I would not hold my breath. He thinks he is entitled to parts paid for by other people.

Will be interesting if/when Clay has to go under oath for deposition to see what he says.

I agree it is really sad that Clay made up this whole elaborate story to the community. If he had just came out and told the truth and that he wanted to get a playable Predator in order to preserve the story and so it would be a draw for people to come to his VFW show, then I think most people would have chipped in and even helped. Instead he decided to BS the very people that even made it possible for him to do so. Many of the same people that even donated free money to him to kickstart his VFW and pay for a new roof.

#14308 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Will be interesting if/when Clay has to go under oath for deposition to see what he says.
I agree it is really sad that Clay made up this whole elaborate story to the community. If he had just came out and told the truth and that he wanted to get a playable Predator in order to preserve the story and so it would be a draw for people to come to his VFW show, then I think most people would have chipped in and even helped. Instead he decided to BS the very people that even made it possible for him to do so. Many of the same people that even donated free money to him to kickstart his VFW and pay for a new roof.

1. Do you realize Clay could file a Civil suit against you for liebel?

2. What does "donated free money" mean?

3. Sorry you won't be attending the VFW Show this year.

#14309 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

1. Do you realize Clay could file a Civil suit against you for liebel?

lol.

Please show me where anything I have said meets the requirements of defamation. I have made no false statements about Clay regarding Predator and his involvement of the "non-Kevin" built machine. Please explain the damages and value of the purported defamation.

Quoted from MrBally:

2. What does "donated free money" mean?

Means he ran a kickstarter and asked for donations in return for different items. Myself and many others donated and then never were provided with the items as stated in the kickstarter. i.e. free money where as it was originally expected to be a kickstarter campaign in exchange for a private attendance to the VFW plus shirt.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52228098/ann-arbor-pinball-museum-wants-to-open

Quoted from MrBally:

3. Sorry you won't be attending the VFW Show this year.

I may. Still isn't sold out, but likely hitting up some other shows instead. Unless Clay wants to ban me for outting him and what he has done with his Predator? He may also want to fire a handful of his voulenteer crew for being more than happy to talk about what they know abouyt his Preadtor involvement. I understand it is a good ole boys club in MI, but you also need to understand that lots of them dont agree with some of the ways Clay has gone about and been involved in this so they have been more than happy to toss him under the bus. I do find it funny that he supposedly went back and looked over the CCTV footage to figure out every person I spoke to while at the show last year and the went to talk with each of them individually afterwards to try and figure out whom talked to me and confirmed suspicions of the community that he had a predator/parts to build predator/s.

#14310 7 years ago

Anybody can sue anybody for anything, just to be clear.

#14311 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I never understood how lawyers can defend people that are obviously criminal.

One of my best friends from law school worked for the Public Defenders office for awhile right after passing the bar exam. I asked him if he had his canned response ready for when people asked him how he could defend people that he thought were guilty of a crime. His response was that he didn't necessarily think of it as defending that particular person, but rather defending people's legal/constitutional rights as a whole.

I.e., make the other side prove their case within the bounds of the law.

#14312 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Do you realize Clay could file a Civil suit against you for liebel?

Hahahahaha. Oh wait, maybe you're serious....

#14313 7 years ago

I am still trying to figure out how someone who is "completely destitute" can still afford a lawyer?????

#14314 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I am still trying to figure out how someone who is "completely destitute" can still afford a lawyer?????

That poor lawyer is stuck with that POS. I'm sure the judge won't let him resign from that garbage.

#14315 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Hahahahaha. Oh wait, maybe you're serious....

He's not serious. There's no such thing as "liebel"

#14316 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol.
Please show me where anything I have said meets the requirements of defamation. I have made no false statements about Clay regarding Predator and his involvement of the "non-Kevin" built machine. Please explain the damages and value of the purported defamation.

Means he ran a kickstarter and asked for donations in return for different items. Myself and many others donated and then never were provided with the items as stated in the kickstarter. i.e. free money where as it was originally expected to be a kickstarter campaign in exchange for a private attendance to the VFW plus shirt.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52228098/ann-arbor-pinball-museum-wants-to-open

I may. Still isn't sold out, but likely hitting up some other shows instead. Unless Clay wants to ban me for outting him and what he has done with his Predator? He may also want to fire a handful of his voulenteer crew for being more than happy to talk about what they know abouyt his Preadtor involvement. I understand it is a good ole boys club in MI, but you also need to understand that lots of them dont agree with some of the ways Clay has gone about and been involved in this so they have been more than happy to toss him under the bus. I do find it funny that he supposedly went back and looked over the CCTV footage to figure out every person I spoke to while at the show last year and the went to talk with each of them individually afterwards to try and figure out whom talked to me and confirmed suspicions of the community that he had a predator/parts to build predator/s.

Holy shit...
Tin foil hat much?

#14317 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That poor lawyer is stuck with that POS. I'm sure the judge won't let him resign from that garbage.

If that lawyer was an accountant in the 60's as he said in the audio, then how old is he.

#14318 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

If that lawyer was an accountant in the 60's as he said in the audio, then how old is he.

Careful, there. He could be MY age!

#14319 7 years ago

My grandfather was still practicing law when he was 80. It was a passion, something to do and part of his identity.

#14320 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

F y i, this has been fixed now. We have also added a handy way to quickly navigate (jump) through the key posts so you can read them one by one.

#14321 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One of my best friends from law school worked for the Public Defenders office for awhile right after passing the bar exam. I asked him if he had his canned response ready for when people asked him how he could defend people that he thought were guilty of a crime. His response was that he didn't necessarily think of it as defending that particular person, but rather defending people's legal/constitutional rights as a whole.
I.e., make the other side prove their case within the bounds of the law.

That is actually a correct statement and if you ask most criminal defense Counsel, you will get that answer (or a derivation thereof). Having done criminal defense work, I can tell you that we aren't there to "defend" or "justify" the crime that's been alleged, the defense lawyer's role is to make sure (to the best of his/her ability and ethical duties/obligations) that the Defendant's rights are protected and that the Defendant receives a "fair" trial.

#14322 7 years ago

Some new documents up.

In document #60, Keith is applying for reimbursement of his fees.

60.pdf60.pdf

In the related David Truckle case, a default judgement has been entered against David Truckle for $70,000. It covers a bunch of games and some money transferred to him from Skit-B.

truckelcase_doc14.pdftruckelcase_doc14.pdf

#14324 7 years ago

$7K seems quite reasonable for the great work Keith has done so far. I'm a bit surprised the number is that low considering all the time Kulek has wasted.

#14325 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

$7K seems quite reasonable for the great work Keith has done so far. I'm a bit surprised the number is that low considering all the time Kulek has wasted.

Agreed. Keep up the good work Keith.

#14326 7 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Holy shit...
Tin foil hat much?

That's sort of his shtick

As for Kevin - Fry his ass!

#14327 7 years ago

And the dominoes are falling......

#14328 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Some new documents up.
In document #60, Keith is applying for reimbursement of his fees.

In the related David Truckle case, a default judgement has been entered against David Truckle for $70,000. It covers a bunch of games and some money transferred to him from Skit-B.

great work Keith!!!!

#14329 7 years ago

Keep up the great work Keith. We're all behind you.

#14330 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I would be quite surprised if the Judge doesn't award Keith 100% due to all the non-compliance on Kevin's part.

#14331 7 years ago

So is the 70k used for the underground route that Kevin is running behind the scenes?

#14332 7 years ago

Those MAME cabs, yes. Coming to an auction house near you soon.

#14333 7 years ago

When is the house going up for auction?

#14334 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So is the 70k used for the underground route that Kevin is running behind the scenes?

First rule of Route Club
Don't talk about Route Club

#14335 7 years ago

I'm surprised they didn't contest it. $70k seems a lot for a few MAME cabs.

#14336 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'm surprised they didn't contest it. $70k seems a lot for a few MAME cabs.

how many full mutlicades would that buy you? boards, cabs, all the parts?

#14337 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how many full mutlicades would that buy you? boards, cabs, all the parts?

On the cheap side say $50 cab, $50 used lcd monitor $50 for a 60 in 1 board, maybe $100 to tie it all together (hardware,controls, graphics, paint) so you could start at $250 and go up from there slightly depending on components. or if the cab came with a working monitor subtract the $50 for the lcd monitor. I figure somewhere between $200-$350. Say you average that, $275 comes out to roughly 250 multi games for $70k.

#14338 7 years ago

70k could include a few years worth of assumed revenue I guess...

#14339 7 years ago

Has anyone clicked on or purchased injected upsell items advertised on "this" thread (from this thread)?

Just wondering...
Is it good exposure, bad association, irrelevant, other?

#14340 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Has anyone clicked on or purchased injected upsell items advertised on "this" thread (from this thread)?
Just wondering...
Is it good exposure, bad association, irrelevant, other?

I've tuned out the upsell BS items on pinside.

#14341 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

On the cheap side say $50 cab, $50 used lcd monitor $50 for a 60 in 1 board, maybe $100 to tie it all together (hardware,controls, graphics, paint) so you could start at $250 and go up from there slightly depending on components. or if the cab came with a working monitor subtract the $50 for the lcd monitor. I figure somewhere between $200-$350. Say you average that, $275 comes out to roughly 250 multi games for $70k.

Those are best possible materials costs, I haven't seen assembled ones sell for less than $750 new so probably more like 100 games to hit that $70K number. Not implausible to me.

#14342 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Those are best possible materials costs, I haven't seen assembled ones sell for less than $750 new so probably more like 100 games to hit that $70K number. Not implausible to me.

Are there even enough locations in that area to support 100 arcade games? I'd imagine you could talk to a dozen people and you should be able to find out a few spots if that was the case.

#14343 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Are there even enough locations in that area to support 100 arcade games? I'd imagine you could talk to a dozen people and you should be able to find out a few spots if that was the case.

I wouldn't think so but in talking to a few people who run those things on route, I find they tend to be secretive or flat out liars about it most of the time. Probably because the software is unlicensed and they're very much a grey-market item.

#14344 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I was going by build cost. He could sell them for whatever. Dunno what exact cost he was looking for. But I agree that $750 figure for a built one.

#14345 7 years ago

I have no stake in this but allmost sent $ in. But kevin is a idiot after listing to all the recording Hope everyone gets something out of this in end even if just seeing him get locked up with bubba....

#14346 7 years ago

are the rumors really true ?
(bump)

predator-stern-1 (resized).jpgpredator-stern-1 (resized).jpg

#14347 7 years ago

My Bloomberg Law PACER alert went off this AM (set for once a week), so I am uploading the newest document (since KeithinMI submitted "Application for Compensation (Partial)").

This document, filed Feb. 23, is the "Order Regarding Production of Documents"

We'll see how well Debtor Kulek is able to comply with the order at the "Hearing to be held on 3/3/2017 at 09:30 AM Courtroom, Bay City, 111 First St. for 34."

ORDER REGARDING PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS BY DEBTOR .pdfORDER REGARDING PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS BY DEBTOR .pdf

#14348 7 years ago

But wait... there's more!

I am also posting an UNOFFICIAL transcript of the audio file for the Jan. 20 hearing.

I had one of my student research assistants type up this up (for posterity, the benefit of those who don't want to listen to the whole 40 minute audio-file, because next semester I plan to base a legal research homework exercise on the Kulek bankruptcy filings, and since I am legally deaf and rely on captions for tv shows, etc.).

PLEASE NOTE: this is NOT an official court document. It is NOT from the docket. ALSO, it may not be 100% accurate (which disclaimer is superimposed on the transcript).

My RA will get to the second transcript eventually, but it will be a while since I have higher priority projects for him to complete first.

Kulek Hearing 1_20_2017 Unofficial Transctipt.pdfKulek Hearing 1_20_2017 Unofficial Transctipt.pdf

#14349 7 years ago

Can somebody confirm my basic understanding of what's happening?

Kevin took money to build pinballs.
Kevin tried to use IP for the pinball for which he had no license and knew he had no license.
Everyone found this out after Kevin spent some of the money developing pinballs that he was going to sell.
Kevin could not deliver due to the IP fiasco.
The rest of the money was allegedly used for personal items unrelated to pinball.
Kevin cannot refund the money because it's gone...including on non pinball producing stuff.
Kevin attempted to file for bankruptcy to escape the people that wanted their money back.
Bankruptcy was denied because he couldn't produce records that showed he was a legit failed business.
He's now suspected, in Court, of fraud...because he filed for bankruptcy and was denied.

And finally, things are going blow up in his face as the legal path to his undoing is being carefully set out.

#14350 7 years ago

We are getting closer to using Keith for his actual specialty...COLLECTING. Y'all think he has been good up to this point? Just wait.

One more time for posterity. 10/10. Would lawsuit with Keith ANYDAMNTIME.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/287 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.