Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 370.
#14851 6 years ago
Quoted from CentiZen:

This might be a silly question - but there is just so much history to read through in this thread and none of my searches have helped.
Was this machine ever produced, even in limited numbers? I had not followed this, but a family member of mine was recently in Australia and swears she saw a Predator themed pinball machine on location. This really confused me, as I had always assumed this to have not made it to production. I can't find any information and I'd really like to know if it's possible that was the case or if she is just going crazy.

Someone please get me a photo of this, and the exact location.

#14852 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

After everything Keith has done, I'm glad he has things like the lambo. He deserves it.
Outside of taking every Kulek "house" in existence, my only other guilty pleasure in this would being able to drive said 'lambo' for a quick circuit ... honestly though, I would settle for a co-pilot seat just to hear that harmonious engine music.

The things that matter to me the most in life are (in order of priority):

1. My kids' and my health;
1.0.1 My kids' happiness.

Everything and anything else beyond that is a blessing, and I am very grateful. Always.

#14853 6 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

The things that matter to me the most in life are (in order of priority):
1. My kids' and my health;
1.0.1 My kids' happiness.

I take it your divorced or your wife doesn't read this thread....

#14854 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...or your wife doesn't read this thread....

She's out driving the Lambo Ted

#14855 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

They have places where you can "rent" a Lamborghini and drive it on a racetrack. I did it a couple years ago.....but I chose to drive a Ferrari 458.....it was amazing.

Download an app called TURO. In chicago you can rent a tesla for between $125-$200, or a dodge challenger hemI for $75 a day

#14856 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Download an app called TURO. In chicago you can rent a tesla for between $125-$200, or a dodge challenger hemI for $75 a day

I was in Singapore recently for work and took a Lambo for a spin around the (street) grand prix track. Obviously very different experience with traffic, but absolutely amazing nonetheless.

So what's the next step for Kevin..?

#14857 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You can rent mine for $1200 a day plus $4.00/mile.

#14858 6 years ago

Keith, can we get a quick status update? Did Kevin eventually show for the Rule 2004 examination?

#14859 6 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Someone please get me a photo of this, and the exact location.

Some posts up I posted a link to pictures of the hotel that included the game room. It did have some pins, but didn't see a predator. Of course I don't know how old the pics were.

#14861 6 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Keith, can we get a quick status update? Did Kevin eventually show for the Rule 2004 examination?

he is not in jail currently... you do the math

#14862 6 years ago

Ok, not a document related to Debtor Kulek, but an interesting document none the less...

DEFENDANTS’, MALETICH AND VIRTUAPIN CABINETS, INC.’S, MOTION TO
DISMISS/SET ASIDE DEFAULT JUDGMENT

Frank_v._Maletich_et_al__Dock.pdfFrank_v._Maletich_et_al__Dock.pdf

#14863 6 years ago

Next up we have a response from KeithinMI titled: ANSWER TO MOTION TO DISMISS/SET ASIDE DEFAULT JUDGMENT

doc 23 ANSWER TO MOTION TO DISMISS.pdfdoc 23 ANSWER TO MOTION TO DISMISS.pdf

#14864 6 years ago

Some new documents popped up in the AP against the VirtuaPin guy.

Looks like VirtuaPin's lawyer doesn't read the laws very much. They've claimed they were never served the required documents for the AP, but in the responses that Keith put together, he shows that they've already admitted they got them and that the lawyer doesn't completely comprehend the laws he is quoting from.

The first doc is doc 18, which shows their motion to set aside the default judgement (where they claim they didn't get the summons).

The second one doc 22 which is a Keith's answer to the motion, and doc 23 which is Keith's brief on the motion.

^ beat me to it

vc_doc18.pdfvc_doc18.pdf

vc_doc23.pdfvc_doc23.pdf

vc_doc24.pdfvc_doc24.pdf

#14865 6 years ago

LOL c508, we saw them at the same time.

#14866 6 years ago

Love the Lambo. Pure admiration, no jealousy. It's fun & motivating to aspire to these things.

In London recently, I took a wrong turn for Harrods as I was gawping at a brand new Lambo directly in front of me. Cost me 10 minutes due to the traffic, but it was worth it, and gave me extra gawping time

There's a young Arab who lives near me in a rather big house, who drives around in a bright red Ferrari. But is he happy?

Renting out luxury cars is quite a good business idea. Personally I'd be paranoid about some scrote keying the car, though. It makes you a bit of a target.

#14867 6 years ago

Hmm, per Keith's response for 13: "having Debtor transfer money to Defendants in amounts less than $10,000.00 per transfer with multiple checks written on the same day."

I would love to hear the rationale behind that one. "Well your honor, my bank has old technology and has difficulty processing large checks so rather than write one check for $75000, I asked for 8 checks for $9k and one for $3k"

(On the other hand if it were all cash transactions, we'd all know what was being transported in those "empty" predator cabinets)

#14868 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Looks like VirtuaPin's lawyer doesn't read the laws very much. They've claimed they were never served the required documents for the AP, but in the responses that Keith put together, he shows that they've already admitted they got them and that the lawyer doesn't completely comprehend the laws he is quoting from.

The second one doc [*23] which is a Keith's answer to the motion, and and doc [*24] which is Keith's brief on the motion.

EDIT... ok, not posting DOC 24 as Wolfmarsh included it in his post.

Please note that DOC 24, unlike the previous one (23) which responds directly and concisely to the elements of DEFENDANTS’, MALETICH AND VIRTUAPIN CABINET argument, includes a more detailed timeline of events, sets forth a competing narrative, and also discusses the legal authorities (and DEFENDANTS’, MALETICH AND VIRTUAPIN CABINET misunderstanding and misapplication thereof).

#14869 6 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

It's an investment. I swear

I think you meant "Write-Off".

#14870 6 years ago

When I drive in Michigan, I take my Lambo as well. When I see a giant pothole, I just speed up and fly right the fuck over them.

#14871 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

When I drive in Michigan, I take my Lambo as well. When I see a giant pothole, I just speed up and fly right the fuck over them.

Not many places that are suitable to drive it. One bad pothole and it's goodbye front spoiler, which leads to goodbye $14,000 to fix it

#14872 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

EDIT... ok, not posting DOC 24 as Wolfmarsh included it in his post.
Please note that DOC 24, unlike the previous one (23) which responds directly and concisely to the elements of DEFENDANTS’, MALETICH AND VIRTUAPIN CABINET argument, includes a more detailed timeline of events, sets forth a competing narrative, and also discusses the legal authorities (and DEFENDANTS’, MALETICH AND VIRTUAPIN CABINET misunderstanding and misapplication thereof).

Are you intimating that I do good work?

#14873 6 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Not many places that are suitable to drive it. One bad pothole and it's goodbye front spoiler, which leads to goodbye $14,000 to fix it

Dam Keith, 14k could buy you that new pos batman game.

#14874 6 years ago

So now I guess we get to hear how lenient this judge is (or not) in giving people the opportunity to respond in court.

#14875 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

per Keith's response for 13: "having Debtor transfer money to Defendants in amounts less than $10,000.00 per transfer with multiple checks written on the same day."

This is called smurfing. 10,000 transactions or larger require IRS reporting. It is against the law to "structure" transactions to avoid the reporting.

At that point you are breaking a ton of federal laws and will do serious time.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structuring

#14876 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

This is called smurfing. 10,000 transactions or larger require IRS reporting. It is against the law to "structure" transactions to avoid the reporting.

I worked in the banking industry for a number of years. Every now and then you'd hear about someone coming up to the teller's window with a big bag of cash. They are aware of the reporting situation but don't know the specifics. Not being quite sure, they will ask "How much can I deposit in cash without being reported?" Then they just fill out multiple deposit slips, figuring they were quite clever. Hmm, thinking they are being clever...ring a bell?

#14877 6 years ago
#14878 6 years ago

Completely different dude O-din, you should take that pic down.

#14879 6 years ago

wrong guy.

dont confused the 2 companies.

#14880 6 years ago

OK sorry. Done. I can't tell the difference. All this virtual shit's the same to me.

#14881 6 years ago

HAH, should've expected poor legal defense from a lawyer that uses a Yahoo.com email address!

#14882 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK sorry. Done. I can't tell the difference. All this virtual shit's the same to me.

It's definitely confusing. Sometimes I still have to check to see if I have them straight.

The VirtuaPin guy in this Skit-B case goes by noahfentz here on Pinside.

#14883 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Hmm, per Keith's response for 13: "having Debtor transfer money to Defendants in amounts less than $10,000.00 per transfer with multiple checks written on the same day."
I would love to hear the rationale behind that one. "Well your honor, my bank has old technology and has difficulty processing large checks so rather than write one check for $75000, I asked for 8 checks for $9k and one for $3k"
(On the other hand if it were all cash transactions, we'd all know what was being transported in those "empty" predator cabinets)

See the Banking Secrecy Act. Hope he filled out his CTRs and reported the transactions to the IRS...

#14884 6 years ago

Is it me or does that thing from VP's lawyer look like they brought it to him at the last minute and he's throwing stuff against the wall hoping that something will stick while he tries to find his footing with the case?

I'd be amused to see if he knew about the multiple <10K checks - if they didn't tell him, that's gonna make him roll his eyes and wonder what he's gotten himself into.

Interesting to see if the same guy shows up in the next item from these folks - I wouldn't be too shocked if he bailed after figuring out what these bozos are up to.

#14885 6 years ago

what did i miss why is virtual pinball guy on there ?

#14886 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

what did i miss why is virtual pinball guy on there ?

VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc is different than Virtual Pinball (AKA VPCabs LLC)! Please do not confuse the two! Virtual Pinball/VPCabs has nothing to do with this mess!

VirtuaPin is part of this mess because Kevin payed them some money, and the Courts decided (partly because they didn't respond at one point) that the money was given to them not for services rendered or whatever, but rather as a way for Kevin to try to hide said money. The Courts therefore want the money back. VirtuaPin obviously would like to keep it, so they are trying to weasel out of having not responded.

This round of documents seems to be the VirtuaPin lawyer trying various approaches to try to get out of the default judgement. Some of them I simply don't know anything about (though Kevin sure has the law references to back up his response, which the VirtuaPin lawyer tend to lack), but others (we left voice mail! We swear!) sound a bit fishy to me, especially as they don't have dates/times, something I'd have expected a lawyer in such a position to make note of.

#14887 6 years ago
Quoted from mhkohne:

VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc is different than Virtual Pinball (AKA VPCabs LLC)! Please do not confuse the two! Virtual Pinball/VPCabs has nothing to do with this mess!
VirtuaPin is part of this mess because Kevin payed them some money, and the Courts decided (partly because they didn't respond at one point) that the money was given to him not for services rendered or whatever, but rather as a way for Kevin to try to hide said money. The Courts therefore want the money back. VirtuaPin obviously would like to keep it, so they are trying to weasel out of having not responded.
This round of documents seems to be the VirtuaPin lawyer trying various approaches to try to get out of the default judgement. Some of them I simply don't know anything about (though Kevin sure has the law references to back up his response), but others (we left voice mail! We swear!) sound a bit fishy to me, especially as they don't have dates/times, something I'd have expected a lawyer in such a position to make note of.

wow ok that makes sense now and yeah i know its not vpcabs he is great guy.

#14888 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for my VirtuaPins cabinet...

#14889 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I almost sent them money over the last year for a CC cabinet I wanted them to make...came very close to pulling the trigger more then once. Glad I didn't now as I'd be out of that money too it looks like. Is there anyone else around me that can make the cabinet?

John

#14890 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I almost sent them money over the last year for a CC cabinet I wanted them to make...came very close to pulling the trigger more then once. Glad I didn't now as I'd be out of that money too it looks like. Is there anyone else around me that can make the cabinet?
John

Yeah, i agree - I had been toying with the idea of having them make me a new TZ cabinet (since the PF and mechanics were restored.. the cabinet was next, and current one is a mess)..

#14891 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I almost got one a year ago glade i did not now as there screwed if they did help kevin hide $$ If i do decide to get virtual pinball it well be VPCAB from pinball star.

#14892 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I almost got one a year ago glade i did not now as there screwed if they did help kevin hide $$ If i do decide to get virtual pinball it well be VPCAB from pinball star.

Fake pinball still sucks 1 year later.

#14893 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Fake pinball still sucks 1 year later.

Real pinball doesn't seem to be in any better shape...

#14894 6 years ago

okay I am the idiot who hit the right side bottom that says it's unsafe - I am sorry - I clicked it without reading it - so nobody thinks it's kk who did it. thanks ed

#14895 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything about this... but since other people are chiming in...

About a month ago I called up Paul. I'd been wanting to get a replacement cabinet for my Monster Bash, and they had a reasonable price on one. When I was ready to pull the trigger, I realized they'd raised their prices by about $300-400 since the previous time I'd looked(!) for a fully built Monster Bash cab. Previously a cab (full decals) was under $900 but now the total was closer to $1350. This was a matter of about two weeks earlier. I called their number to see what was up. Got the answering machine.

Paul called me back and launched into a very defensive tirade about how difficult it is to make the cabinets, and basically covered all the bases as to why they'd raised their prices for new WPC replacement cabs by $300. I told him "you defended your position well" and we ended the call.

Kinda ticked me off the way I was treated, as I was a potential customer with a question and the defensive (and agitated) tone on the phone didn't really make me want to do business with him.

But once this news broke about their involvement in the Kulek case, it began to make sense. The price increase is likely to offset legal fees or possibly the loss of equipment.

Hope they can sort this out, but this wasn't any of their customer's doing. It was their own doing.

#14896 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything about this... but since other people are chiming in...
About a month ago I called up Paul. I'd been wanting to get a replacement cabinet for my Monster Bash, and they had a reasonable price on one. When I was ready to pull the trigger, I realized they'd raised their prices by about $300-400 since the previous time I'd looked(!) for a fully built Monster Bash cab. Previously a cab (full decals) was under $900 but now the total was closer to $1350. This was a matter of about two weeks earlier. I called their number to see what was up. Got the answering machine.
Paul called me back and launched into a very defensive tirade about how difficult it is to make the cabinets, and basically covered all the bases as to why they'd raised their prices for WPC refurb cabs by $300. I told him "you defended your position well" and we ended the call.
Kinda ticked me off the way I was treated, as I was a potential customer with a question and the defensive (and agitated) tone on the phone didn't really make me want to do business with him.
But once this news broke about their involvement in the Kulek case, it began to make sense. The price increase is likely to offset legal fees or possibly the loss of equipment.
Hope they can sort this out, but this wasn't any of their customer's doing. It was their own doing.

I really hope paul is not helping kevin as i he seemed like good dude and make a good products. But it looks like he did well see how is plays out but i don't think anyone with any good sense won't buy anything from him for the time being.

#14897 6 years ago

I have not followed this thread at all but just listened to two of the court proceedings. It was so clear that Kevin Kulek was lying to the judge when answering most every question the judge and the plaintiff's lawyer asked him. Certainly the judge must have seen through it all. And he can't afford the bank fees to print out his prior statements? Ridiculous.

If Kevin doesn't do some time for this obvious fraud, I would be surprised.

#14898 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Ok, When I was ready to pull the trigger, I realized they'd raised their prices by about $300-400 since the previous time I'd looked(!) for a fully built Monster Bash cab. Previously a cab (full decals) was under $900 but now the total was closer to $1350. This was a matter of about two weeks earlier. I called their number to see what was up. Got the answering machine.
Paul called me back and launched into a very defensive tirade about how difficult it is to make the cabinets, and basically covered all the bases as to why they'd raised their prices for new WPC replacement cabs by $300.

I thought this was the case. I have looked at there cabs prices a few times in the last few years but when I looked at them recently I thought "Hmmm I don't remember them being that much $"

#14899 6 years ago

Today things get far juicier!

Turning back to Defendant Amanda Kulek (wife of Debtor Kulek), we learn that Defendant Amanda Kulek (by her own admission) has no idea what she is doing in terms of her efforts to defend her home and other (allegedly ill gotten) assets...

Bear with me a minute...

On Oct. 4, 2016 Amanda Kulek filed a "ANSWER TO COMPLAINT" indicating 21 affirmative defenses (i.e., reasons why she is not responsible) for, among other things, the " $25,342.52 ... from the [Predator] deposit money paid by purchasers of the Predator pinball machine for a home titled solely in Defendant’s [Amanda Kulek's] name."

She filed that ANSWER "pro se" (i.e. on her own without legal representation (though apparently she did receive some guidance from her lawyer, John Emaus) so she takes responsibility (in theory at least) for the ANSWER's contents.

Now we have DOC 28, where KeithinMI masterfully rips Defendant Amanda Kulek's ANSWER to shreds. And then shreds those shreds... and those shreds' shreds... and so on until we are left with sub-atomic particles.

I particularly enjoyed the parts where he notes that, by Defendant Amanda Kulek's own admission, she does not know the general meaning or specific legal meaning of many the terms and concepts she employed in her ANSWER.

Also, she is unable to identify legal authorities (statutes, cases precedent, employment or tax regulations) that support her affirmative defenses.

Must have been a really painful deposition for Defendant Amanda Kulek. We weren't able to watch it, but some of the highlights are quoted in DOC 28 for posterity.

Enjoy!

doc 28.pdfdoc 28.pdf

#14900 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Completely different dude O-din, you should take that pic down.

Ohhh. O-Din now I want to see what picture you wrongly posted about me

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/298 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.