DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 601.
#13101 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Where I play the game on route the game is in a dark room and I don't have any problems with visibility. It's not as bright as a Stern game but you can still see the ball and everything else just fine.

I won't know if it needs this till I get it in my house, STLE and TWDLE didn't but almost all of the B/W and DE and Gottlieb games I've had did need them and badly.

#13102 6 years ago

Artwork looks great. Can't wait to play this machine soon.

Now Europe has to show they can not only design but also produce so HP and DP: crank these babies out

#13103 6 years ago

How do you propose replacing the lighting when it's proprietary? I doubt aftermarket options exist

Quoted from MikeS:

Where I play the game on route the game is in a dark room and I don't have any problems with visibility. It's not as bright as a Stern game but you can still see the ball and everything else just fine.

#13104 6 years ago

SE Full Backglass---Eggs everywhere
SE LCD Backglass---Eggs between speakers
SE Side Panels---Alien Head

LE Full Backglass---35th Ann Hand Drawn Queen
LE LCD Backglass---???
LE Side Panels---35th Ann Queen Head

There are 6 art pieces, and 5 of those have been revealed. Will there be a LE LCD Backglass, with that hand drawn art scaled down between the speakers? I imagine there will be. The more I look at the LE backglass, the more I love it. With LE owners getting both the SE & LE art packages), there will be plenty of options for owners to create an overall look they like.

#13105 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Will there be a LE LCD Backglass, with that hand drawn art scaled down between the speakers?

I'm almost thinking there wont be. Why wouldn't it have been approved by Fox with the rest of the LE art? If it did, why did they reveal it as well? If they were to create the art for it now, my guess is there would be another six months to approve it?

#13106 6 years ago

received_10158805755660105 (resized).pngreceived_10158805755660105 (resized).png

#13107 6 years ago

Lol. Wow, so many downvotes.

UK's new work for welfare scheme?

#13108 6 years ago

I don't get it?

#13109 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't get it?

Look at the faces placed on the workers....those bastards have no place on this thread....unbelievable....

#13110 6 years ago

IMG_4792 (resized).JPGIMG_4792 (resized).JPG

#13111 6 years ago

So, I'm just going to say it. I got my money refunded - my #3 slot is open for whoever wants it if it is still available.

Two things made me do this:

1. I realized I did not want a potential "problem machine" - in other words - I'd rather have the game once all the "growing pains" and "bugs" have been worked out.

2. I'm not someone who does well with delays. When I see a video with the games on the assembly line and lots of announcements about how many playfields are going to be produced and how many games are to ship at a certain time and then things go quiet for weeks - look - $8175 to some people here may be pocket change with a side of lint, but to me, that's fucking livelihood. I don't toss that kind of money around for fun. That is $1000 shy of a 2012-2013 Honda Fit I am thinking about buying to replace my 1994 Nissan truck I've driven for 19 years. I put Alien ahead of that (yes, that was my decision and I own that), and I came to regret that decision and now my priorities are back on track.

The bottom line: this game NEEDS to get out the door. I hated to pull out, but man, I'm not going to be part of the "maybe next month" club. I'll wait until hundreds of this game have shipped.

I do hope the best for Heighway. I want to see them succeed. No hard feelings at all - hopefully down the road - I can purchase an Alien SE when .......well.... they actually start shipping.

As for me, I'll visit LV-426 some other time.

#13112 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Look at the faces placed on the workers....those bastards have no place on this thread....unbelievable....

I thought the joke was because that one employee looks like Kulek.

#13113 6 years ago

And then you wonder why manufacturers don't post on Pinside anymore. Shameless!

#13114 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

And then you wonder why manufacturers don't post on Pinside anymore. Shameless!

Shameless indeed! Someone said that guy look like Kevin a while ago and it was all good. Chuck popaduik into the mix and you have crossed the line!

Yes. I am sure all manufactures are super serious about everything and can't have a laugh. Look at how miserable Jack was when he came down to Australia.

Lighten up people. It was just meant to be a bit of fun. Do you come on pinside to have fun and have laugh. Or to get into arguments and hate? Seem like that latter is more popular.

#13115 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Shameless indeed! Someone said that guy look like Kevin a while ago and it was all good. Chuck popaduik into the mix and you have crossed the line!
Yes. I am sure all manufactures are super serious about everything and can't have a laugh. Look at how miserable Jack was when he came down to Australia.
» YouTube video
Lighten up people. It was just meant to be a bit of fun. Do you come on pinside to have fun and have laugh. Or to get into arguments and hate? Seem like that latter is more popular.

Mostly for fun and certainly not for hate.

But there is a line, and for this one you crossed it for me. No hard feelings, but for me both 'gentleman' have no place anywhere, not even in a joke.

#13116 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. I am sure all manufactures are super serious about everything and can't have a laugh. Look at how miserable Jack was when he came down to Australia

He's going hard! Classic!

rd

#13117 6 years ago

I was just looking at the list of LE numbers taken and no one has claimed 161 yet (Fiona "Fury" 161). Still up for grabs!

#13118 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I'm just going to say it. I got my money refunded - my #3 slot is open for whoever wants it if it is still available.
1. I realized I did not want a potential "problem machine" - in other words - I'd rather have the game once all the "growing pains" and "bugs" have been worked out.
2. I'm not someone who does well with delays. When I see a video with the games on the assembly line and lots of announcements about how many playfields are going to be produced and how many games are to ship at a certain time and then things go quiet for weeks - look - $8175 to some people here may be pocket change with a side of lint, but to me, that's fucking livelihood. I don't toss that kind of money around for fun. That is $1000 shy of a 2012-2013 Honda Fit I am thinking about buying to replace my 1994 Nissan truck I've driven for 19 years. I put Alien ahead of that (yes, that was my decision and I own that), and I came to regret that decision and now my priorities are back on track.
The bottom line: this game NEEDS to get out the door. I hated to pull out, but man, I'm not going to be part of the "maybe next month" club. I'll wait until hundreds of this game have shipped.
I do hope the best for Heighway. I want to see them succeed. No hard feelings at all - hopefully down the road - I can purchase an Alien SE when .......well.... they actually start shipping.

Seems like a no brainer for anyone interested in the game. Wait for them to be actually available before parting with your money. Why tie up your cash for years unless you're actually investing in a Kickstarter type product?

#13119 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have requested a full refund as well as of a few minutes as ago. I was paid in full.

For $9k I am not comfortable with the lack of information and delays.

#13120 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

» YouTube video

Jack had a great time in Australia, away from all the stress of Pinball, relax and enjoyable time

#13121 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I have requested a full refund as well as of a few minutes as ago. I was paid in full.
For $9k I am not comfortable with the lack of information and delays.

Understandable that a lot of folks are gun-shy, and my hope is the days of paying in full in advance are over for this industry. I don't mind minimal deposits, but you are correct in that 9K is a lot to risk or just tie up for a long time. If the games start shipping and are of decent quality, then the orders will roll in, but there needs to be more there than a few hand built prototypes out in the wild. I am still excited for these to come out, and I have faith in Heighway, but they need to show good progress or there are going to be more going the refund route...a point I am sure Andrew is well aware of.

#13122 6 years ago

I'm already in and paid in full on #16, what's the process for scoring #3?

Quoted from NPO:

#13123 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I'm already in and paid in full on #16, what's the process for scoring #3?

Call CT and ask if you can have my spot it it's available. I jumped in right after the PinballNews video, and I had a very strong feeling preorders would hit hard after TPF.

I love seeing SunKings game here in this thread and various others. You know what I want to see: another 20+ Pinsiders showing their new Alien game off, telling us how amazing it is, and building our confidence to give Heighway our money. I'm really glad SunKing has an Alien; I really am. The problem is that is like....1 of 3 games here in the States and he basically had to have cash in hand at a show and either prearranged that deal or had to make sure he found CT at the butt crack of dawn the day TPF started to get that game.

When $8000 gets put down, it's time to flipping roll. A month or so, that I can understand, but to be in the week now that 10 games were supposed to be here in the States right now being delivered to people's homes, and there is ZERO news of why, that does not instill confidence in me. Have to bounce on that one.

Then there's the rumor mills and the info that comes from others of their own volition, and that is a whole other situation which I'm not getting into. For me, subjectively, delivery dates were missed, and even if it was early May for delivery, with zero info being given publicly I anticipate those dates would be missed at this point.

Honestly, I hope everyone who is currently in gets their games. I'll be really happy for everyone; I really will be.

#13124 6 years ago

Thanks, will do. I totally understand your position, but I'm in the situation of having a lot of disposable cash right now and looking for ways to get rid of it. What the heck, I'll take a chance. It worked for me (eventually) on MMR and I have two of those. An early one and a later one from a guy that backed out. I'm happy with both, and very patient.

Quoted from NPO:

Call CT and ask if you can have my spot it it's available. I jumped in right after the PinballNews video, and I had a very strong feeling preorders would hit hard after TPF.
I love seeing SunKings game here in this thread and various others. You know what I want to see: another 20+ Pinsiders showing their new Alien game off, telling us how amazing it is, and building our confidence to give Heighway our money. I'm really glad SunKing has an Alien; I really am. The problem is that is like....1 of 3 games here in the States and he basically had to have cash in hand at a show and either prearranged that deal or had to make sure he found CT at the butt crack of dawn the day TPF started to get that game.
When $8000 gets put down, it's time to flipping roll. A month or so, that I can understand, but to be in the week now that 10 games were supposed to be here in the States right now being delivered to people's homes, and there is ZERO news of why, that does not instill confidence in me. Have to bounce on that one.
Then there's the rumor mills and the info that comes from others of their own volition, and that is a whole other situation which I'm not getting into. For me, subjectively, delivery dates were missed, and even if it was early May for delivery, with zero info being given publicly I anticipate those dates would be missed at this point.
Honestly, I hope everyone who is currently in gets their games. I'll be really happy for everyone; I really will be.

#13125 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Understandable that a lot of folks are gun-shy, and my hope is the days of paying in full in advance are over for this industry. I don't mind minimal deposits, but you are correct in that 9K is a lot to risk or just tie up for a long time. If the games start shipping and are of decent quality, then the orders will roll in, but there needs to be more there than a few hand built prototypes out in the wild. I am still excited for these to come out, and I have faith in Heighway, but they need to show good progress or there are going to be more going the refund route...a point I am sure Andrew is well aware of.

Yup, it's a lot of money and my expectation for that amount of money is updates and status progress. I had a conversation with Andrew on the phone and I said i understand not wanting to post information on the forums and things can get blown out of proportion. But if you are a customer, paid in full, i'm sorry but you deserve updates and reasons as to why your game isn't shipping. Even if you can't share that publicly, you have a right to know when you are putting down that kind of money.

#13126 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

and very patient.

Then you sir are a rare breed!

#13127 6 years ago

Any idea if playfields in bulk quantity even exist at the factory yet? I.E. 100+? Never notice more than a handful in any of the video walkthroughs.

#13128 6 years ago

I'm starting to get a little worried here, might be time to buy something with my money and wait on this, its tough cause its a dream theme but if games aren't moving soon and SW's is announced and looks great could be pulling out. I mean 2 guys on a line building pins doesn't really boost my confidence, I hate to say it but I'm losing it.

#13129 6 years ago

Actually, I'm an engineer and a government contractor that makes custom, complex, low quantity stuff for a living. The vast majority of my products could go from concept to reality in a matter of months if I had total control over the supply/manufacturing/decision chain. I'm EXTREMELY sympathetic to Heighway's situation. I'm impressed as hell that he's doing so well.

#13130 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

mean 2 guys on a line building pins doesn't really boost my confidence, I hate to say it but I'm losing it.

How many are at work in the middle of the night and properly long after normal working hours where you are?

#13131 6 years ago

Right on...a real "lack" of information:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tq&tu=heighwaypinball

3 posts a day ago, prior to that he hadn't posted in...OMG 2 weeks, prior to that a week...and on and on. Probably averages a post a week or so I'd guess.

Just how much hand holding do people need?

If you don't want to pay up front for a luxury toy, don't--I wouldn't. But you did and that's on you. It's nonsense saying they don't give you info. Other manufacturers don't say shit.

#13132 6 years ago

Paid in full is too spicy for me. I do have a deposit in, and have no problem letting a cool G sit there till at least the end of the year.

#13133 6 years ago

if people are getting their refunds right away, i don't see an issue with heighway.

#13134 6 years ago

Heighway for sure needs to get shipping before the next Star Wars pin is announced. I predict a lot of peeps will jump on which ever pin they can buy, and take delivery of, first. HP better hope it's not SW. Many peeps can only afford one NIB pin this year and a SW in hand will beat the promise of an Alien coming soon, for many.

#13135 6 years ago

Who is getting the first LE?

#13136 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am very confused. I reserved LE #3 on Day One and paid for it. It matches my Full Throttle LE #3. Here is my email from Andrew from 10-21-14.

Hi Jim,

"It was also great to meet you at Expo.

Please accept my apology for the delay in replying to you, as I have had a mountain of emails to get through since Expo finished.

We have reserved number 003 for you.

When you get a chance, can you please download an Order Form from the site, fill it in, and send it back to me?

Thanks again for your order.

Kind regards,

Andrew"

UGH, trying to figure this out will be a waste of time for me today.

Jim

#13137 6 years ago

Similar to other manufacturers, production number and game number are not identical

I am sure you have le game number three jim.

#13138 6 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am very confused. I reserved LE #3 on Day One and paid for it. It matches my Full Throttle LE #3. Here is my email from Andrew from 10-21-14.
Hi Jim,
"It was also great to meet you at Expo.
Please accept my apology for the delay in replying to you, as I have had a mountain of emails to get through since Expo finished.
We have reserved number 003 for you.
When you get a chance, can you please download an Order Form from the site, fill it in, and send it back to me?
Thanks again for your order.
Kind regards,
Andrew"
UGH, trying to figure this out will be a waste of time for me today.
Jim

I'm pretty sure he was getting a SE. He was getting the 3rd machine from Cointaker that was supposed to be shipped a few weeks ago and is currently MIA.

#13139 6 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

How many are at work in the middle of the night and properly long after normal working hours where you are?

Sorry but that makes zero sense, what r u trying to say?

#13140 6 years ago

Yeah, I don't think the #3 he was talking about was LE #3, I think it was a standard edition #3 off the line if I am not mistaken.

I'm still hanging in there (only have a deposit + $ for LCD and PDI glass)....the LE art looks amazing and I am pumped for this pin! I'm not sure what more info people want as Andrew has given us most every information he can, other than daily updates on issues they are working out and how many pins were made each day etc, which no manufacturer will do....hell, if this was a Stern, we would be getting ZERO information! Ok, yes, I agree they need to start ramping up production, but they are tweaking/improving boards etc so the pin is reliable and functions 100% as it should. Would you rather wait a while longer or get a pin with issues and then be pissed....and no doubt bash Heighway which is what Andrew is surely trying to avoid....I know I would based on the conversations here....I was getting a little concerned with the delay in getting FOX's approval on the art and showing it and the ramp lighting, but they showed that, so I'm good. It's summer anyway and I have a TON of other things to do besides play pinball in my basement, so I will keep busy and not wish away summer....Go Heighway!!

Brian

#13141 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am sure you have le game number three jim.

You're awfully sure about a lot of things that you cannot possibly be sure of. Unless you're now a Heighway employee or spokeperson?

#13142 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You're awfully sure about a lot of things that you cannot possibly be sure of. Unless you're now a Heighway employee or spokeperson?

If i remember correctly he was awfully sure of a few things on the Predator thread.

#13143 6 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. I pinged Jay at Heighway anyway. I'll see what lower/sooner numbers are available as people drop out.

Quoted from conester:

Yeah, I don't think the #3 he was talking about was LE #3, I think it was a standard edition #3 off the line if I am not mistaken.
I'm still hanging in there (only have a deposit + $ for LCD and PDI glass)....the LE art looks amazing and I am pumped for this pin! I'm not sure what more info people want as Andrew has given us most every information he can, other than daily updates on issues they are working out and how many pins were made each day etc, which no manufacturer will do....hell, if this was a Stern, we would be getting ZERO information! Ok, yes, I agree they need to start ramping up production, but they are tweaking/improving boards etc so the pin is reliable and functions 100% as it should. Would you rather wait a while longer or get a pin with issues and then be pissed....and no doubt bash Heighway which is what Andrew is surely trying to avoid....I know I would based on the conversations here....I was getting a little concerned with the delay in getting FOX's approval on the art and showing it and the ramp lighting, but they showed that, so I'm good. It's summer anyway and I have a TON of other things to do besides play pinball in my basement, so I will keep busy and not wish away summer....Go Heighway!!
Brian

#13144 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

Brian

Yep, Andrew already contacted me. Sorry, I guess I was confused. I still have Alien LE #3 reserved. Glad to have that clarified early this morning. Hopefully, LE's will start shipping soon. I want mine for League play at my house in July.

Peace!

#13145 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Quoted from BackFlipper:

Yep, Andrew already contacted me. Sorry, I guess I was confused. I still have Alien LE #3 reserved. Glad to have that clarified early this morning. Hopefully, LE's will start shipping soon. I want mine for League play at my house in July.
Peace!

#13146 6 years ago

Deleted, not worth it...

#13147 6 years ago

Point being, let Heighway respond or a person contact them for their answer. You just happened to guess right this time.

#13148 6 years ago

It's pretty cranky on the interweb for a Friday!!!!

What's gotten in to you Debbie Downers!?!?

#13149 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Point being, let Heighway respond or a person contact them for their answer. You just happened to guess right this time.

It was pretty obvious that Heighway has integrity and is an upfront business, despite what some of you like to infer.

They did not double sell a LE. The simple and obvious answer when you are not trying to start some drama is exactly what it ended up being...

#13150 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Heighway for sure needs to get shipping before the next Star Wars pin is announced. I predict a lot of peeps will jump on which ever pin they can buy, and take delivery of, first. HP better hope it's not SW. Many peeps can only afford one NIB pin this year and a SW in hand will beat the promise of an Alien coming soon, for many.

Who is producing a star wars?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/263 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.