• 24,840 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 minutes ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,864 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
12078675-4704659829489674 (resized).jpg
9A1AD931-4F86-4CAC-A73C-8318A968E54C (resized).jpeg
07445D35-9F91-4590-9914-57FDDA690747 (resized).jpeg
D09745A7-95CD-4576-AA7E-88E1EF02E6AA (resized).jpeg
AEDE433F-D01E-4758-9089-F84807756690 (resized).jpeg
71A48A9B-1FFA-4761-8F8A-3CF514A5E4A9 (resized).jpeg
6FE7CC81-88E9-43CD-AA7A-46024E118C7B (resized).jpeg
E9D0CD76-07B8-40A2-95C0-9F9A6628AC0A (resized).jpeg
89006E32-605F-44EE-A01D-AF7DE43870DE (resized).jpeg
Through (resized).JPG
4842E1BF-995A-4668-9732-CA12FB7194AB (resized).jpeg
7741AAFD-69CD-4683-B1E1-5A6D5CF8C059 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The company's media/simulation guy has put together a flappable flowtest version in digital form, and the gameplay is absolutely superb. It completely hits the 'instant appeal' mark, with a single ball leaving you wanting to make every single shot.

I know this is an unrealistic idea that will probably ever happen, but what if designers released fully playable virtual versions of their game prior to production? Before you drop a few thousand $ on a pre-order you haven't played or seen, you can play the virtual version.

If the games is good, it would have to help pre-orders. If the game's a turd, well, its still a turd.

Obviously virtual is different than the real thing, but its better than looking at a couple of line drawings/photos/crap video of Gary Stern playing.

Now, can we have a copy of that "flappable flowtest version in digital form" you speak of???

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from simon:

Personally I'd be completely against that, not because Heighway Pinball are going to make poor games and have to hide the fact before release so they get loads of pre-order sales, but because Ive personally found that with for example Pinball Arcade on my iphone Ive played some pins to death and while its not quite 'The same' as the real thing it has certainly dulled my appetite for playing the real thing for some reason, and this includes titles I actually own/have owned!
I will add, just in the interests of transparency that I am one of the investors in Heighway Pinball and have been involved from the start (For my sins!), so selling a load of Aliens / FT etc is something that may benefit me personally (Eventually!).
And the poster kind of 'outed' a few comments up is actually the game designer of Full Throttle (And i believe future titles to be released) and is obviously kind of excited about the whole thing, so go easy please, there are no hidden agenda's here

How bad can this "flappable flowtest version in digital form" be if the game designer is telling everybody how well it plays in digital form???

Obviously I wasnt serious about you releasing the actual flow test. Just in future as a selling tool it may help with pre-orders - especially as some people are getting wary of putting down large sums of cash sight unseen. Just an idea. Of course it goes without saying the feel is different than the real thing, but if its good enough to design it.....

The ideal scenario is we all get to play the real thing before spending any cash..........

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from simon:

I very nearly went for a TWD LE but bottled it at the last minute as at about £8k UK sterling and without having barely seen a thing about the machine I decided the risk was too high

Exactly the same experience here...but I'm glad I cancelled with what's coming between Heighway and DP.

I love that the LE tweaks Heighway are offering are mostly cosmetic - takes the urgency out of it for people that just want a game to play, yet still appeals to collectors if they want it to be limited.

11 months later
#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Excellent!!!.....all looks great to me.....there's just no way an LE w big display and your custom artwork can miss!!!...best of all worlds...

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but won't you lose the backglass art completely if u go for the big lcd?

The idea of 3 lcd's is a little over the top imo - especially 2 lcd's on the backglass, one on top of the other. And do you design a whole bunch of new animations for the big lcd or just repeat the same stuff over the 3 screens. It's even more difficult since the the lcd config will not be consistent across every machine. At least with JJP all games have the big screen and therefore all resources are put into making animations for all models. I can't see how this will work with this Heighway idea.

Will probably become clearer down the track.

#2425 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think there would only be the one large display on the backbox...smaller " screen" below was actually just a placeholder, I believe on Full Throttle version ( just game logo)
Aurich mentioned previously that he suspected there would be some sort of art surrounding / incorporating the big screen for both SE and LE models....we will have to wait and see.
Having discrete, but relevant
content on playfield and backbox is a game changer, for sure...very, very excited!!!

Would make sense - more like JJP's setup for the backbox. I love the idea of the lcd on the pf. Might take some getting used to, but once u did would be invaluable during gameplay.

#2439 3 years ago

I can't see them coding separate animations just for the big backbox LCD unless almost everyone buys it as an upgrade, or it becomes "standard".

6 months later
#5902 3 years ago

Anyone remember Dennis? Experience counts for alot.

Quoted from DennisNordman:

I have decided to end my relationship with Heighway Pinball. I am not the game designer on the Alien project. I made the initial playfield drawing and created concepts for 4 new playfield toys. The drawing can change drastically as the game develops. Andrew announced that the game would be ready in April (2015) and I can't possibly agree with this.

FWIW, I think this game will be fantastic, and can appreciate the reasons for the delays. Just giving props to Dennis for his foresight.

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Sad, just sad. And the saddest thing of all is there is no mod to be seen to stop this nonsense.

Relax, just relax. (Start rant about how grown up men spending hours discussing $8000 toys cant really be taken too seriously).

Clearly the saddest thing in this thread is jeffspinballpalace train fetish.

#6027 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Trains are pretty. any pics of Aliens yet???

Umm...the internet called, there running out of train GIFs.

#6028 3 years ago

I'm guessing the next real news will be when someone has seen a private viewing of the mysterious gameplay footage.

8 months later
#10977 2 years ago

Wonder who the lucky customer is? Pinsider? It's like finding Willy Wonkas golden ticket.

1 week later
#11262 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you lock balls the left drain can trade one for a ball save.

Now that's clever.....wonder if that's a first for pinball?

1 week later
#11555 2 years ago

Have to admit the game is shaping up nicely. But, being a new platform, I really want to play a Heighway game first. Hopefully at TPF.

Must not pre-order, must not pre-order, must not pre-order.

#11690 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I like the "You failed" message and think it's much better than not putting out any message at all. I like the feedback of knowing whether you failed or not. Plus it makes it more fun and you feel more accomplished when you do finally pass a mission. I'd vote to keep it in at least on default settings.
They could put in a "You tried really hard, hold your head up. Maybe you'll get them next time. Here's a Snickers bar" message on the Novice and easy settings

I think everyone needs to put their big boy pants on. This is Alien, not Jetsons.

#11792 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I believe that this was just published online:
» YouTube video

Did I see a BOP 2.0 in the factory? About 8m29s

#11794 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Saw a fire and a space shuttle also. Love seeing other games. Shows they are actual pinheads.

Missed those. No question there is a lot of passion for pinball at Heighway.

Great vid. Nice to see plenty of action on the line. Things are picking up nicely in the last couple of weeks.

1 week later
#12055 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

When you bought PS1, they never said you'd be able to play future titles.

But I think you'd expect the technology to be current for more than one title.

If I was a FT owner I'd expect Heighway provide the necessary upgrade when I purchased Alien, and I'm sure they will.

#12058 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Here's a hypothetical. I'm not sure if this is valid, but let's see what the group thinks.
Scenario 1: I paid $6200 for FullT, I decide to get Kit, for (let's say) $4500 with computer upgrade...I've now paid $10,700. What's my game + PF worth after 1 year of play? No idea. I'm guessing $7K-8K and possibly a tough sale.
Scenario 2: I paid $6200 for FullT, then pay $6300 + tax for Alien. I paid $12,500+ What are my games worth after a year? I'd guess I get $5k each, $10K for the pair. Perhaps easier to sell?
These are guesses. Lots of assumptions.
I'm speculating that the game with 2 play fields depreciates faster than the 2 separate games.
So, given plenty of available space and the ability to afford the initially higher cost of scenario 2, perhaps this is the better approach.
What do you think?

Good point. In my situation its more space than money. So if I can only fit one more cabinet in, the process of swapping a playfield is much easier than selling and moving a complete game. Even if I don't get the same $ return, the value for me is being able to change a game in a few minutes rather than going through a potentially month long process of buying and selling a game.

1 month later
#13010 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I’ve been away from Pinside for a while so apologies if I’ve not been communicating.
Anyway...
Happy Alien Day!
» YouTube video

Back glass looks amazing - thanks for posting.

What will be the version for the LCD screen installed? Most of that fantastic art will be lost.

Is the side art different than the standard?

Will the fiber optics be held on with the zip ties as per the video, or will that be cleaned up to be less obtrusive?

#13025 2 years ago

I'm thinking the backbox LCD will be pointless on the LE. So it will be a choice of standard with LCD or LE with art.

#13077 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Man, the lighting on that game is incredible.

And that back LCD looks awesome. Mmm killer art or killer LCD?

#13080 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why not both?

Id love both, but on the game, not one on the wall.

Stern/Dutch LCD is a good compromise IMO. I think Gomez&co got it right.

Edit: Not that HP/JJP is wrong - just a tough choice when you see how good the LE art looks.

#13107 2 years ago

Lol. Wow, so many downvotes.

UK's new work for welfare scheme?

#13283 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

In terms of the new TV's out right now, if it's not dead, it's in a coma.
Nothing to do with Alien pinball machine bump!!!!

I wonder if Heighway will offer a 3D LCD option.

#13619 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Has Cointaker shipped out any of the 20 they were supposed to get?

I thought previously Andrew said the shipment was ready, but the "ball was in their court". Not sure what that meant.

#13623 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

If there were 20 games on their legs, ready to go - we would have seen them, a photo or video. As this would be the ultimate proof for production having started and a love you note to K.
As it is Cointaker is being asked to pay in full in advance and they have been around for too long to do exactly that.

A Letter of Credit is your friend in these situations.

#13625 2 years ago

As for the Cointaker shipment - there have been no delays at our end. Please direct any enquiries about the shipment to Cointaker. Their consignment is due to leave very soon in any case.

1 week later
#13906 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Here is a video of Ambush Multiball with the new Zeno Mech
Sorry for the shakey Camera lol
Enjoy
This game is so freaking awesome
» YouTube video

Xeno worked perfectly. And fast!

#14039 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Then, when it actually true that games are ready to be produced then ask for the $$$.

100% agree this is how it should be. But then no one in their right mind would pay upfront and Heighway would have no money.

1 week later
#14517 2 years ago

I also don't own an RV.

LOL

4 months later
#17647 1 year ago

OMG, I can't believe Alien has finally shipped!!! Congrats to owners and new Heighway management/investors. The few short clips I've seen look really good. Xeno head looks cool. As for the sound - Thiel is a genius. Would almost buy the game just for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
14,000 (Firm)
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside