DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3946 8 years ago

This may be a weird question, and I have no artistic background at all, but what is with the squares on the playfield? Is it something to do with the movies?

alien_(resized).PNGalien_(resized).PNG

9 months later
#8036 7 years ago

Where can I watch the promo vid?

3 weeks later
#9159 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I couldn't disagree with this more. You know that just because a rulebook exists, people don't have to read it. I get that some people want to explore on their own and don't want to know anything they didn't figure out themselves, but others don't have the time or the energy to fully explore all the permutations of different play tactics, especially if they're not good enough players to full execute what and when the opportunities arise. I'm somewhere between these two extremes. I'd like to save the "surprises" but get the details on play strategies.
I don't have the time or attention span to learn what impacted what fully on my own. But I will read rulesheets and try to execute those strategies. If you want to be surprised by everything, just don't read them.
I can tell you for sure, that I have gotten SO MUCH more enjoyment out of games after reading rules and strategies. Back when I first started collecting I would print off the rulesheets from pinball.com and read about all the modes and scoring tactics. This made the games so much more fun. More recently, I have a Hobbit and didn't know what I was doing. I was seriously thinking about selling it. Now that I've read the rules, I'm really loving it.
By not releasing rules, you are hurting the people that want to read them and learn strategy in that fashion. On the other hand, by releasing them you give people the choice. I don't read spoilers online for shows I'm watching. Players that like the suspense can do the same thing here.

They are doing it right to not release everything IMO. That doesn't mean that all of the rules and strategies won't be released. They will. Just not by the manufacturer, which is usually the way it goes. Someone will take the time to make a rule sheet or a video just like every other game ever made. The manufacturer is rarely the one to publish all of the rules/strategies.

#9210 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I don't know when the multimorphic system is ever going to have the ball interacting physically as the major part of the game rather than images on the screen.

That IS how it works, dude. Just stop.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Just stop already!
1. The major part of P3 IS CURRENTLY the ball interacting physically with the machine. The physical to virtual interaction is secondary.
2. This is a Heighway thread. You have not even played the P3 before, why do you need to bring your lack of knowledge about the system from the P3 thread into a Heighway thread?
smfh

The guy just can't help himself apparently. He rips on Multimorphic daily. And clearly still has not understanding of how the P3 works with comments like that.

2 months later
#10000 7 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

I know the art package on the actual board is a lot clearer representing both but I think that for people watching someone play / on the side etc. they will pick out this omission almost immediately

I disagree. I don't think many (if any) would pick up on this. People are just getting more and more nit picky with the longer this pin takes to be officially "finished".

#10006 7 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Nit Picky really? I think it's a fair question the one I'm raising, I'm fine with the way it is - it looks great but since it's a pin for both Alien and Aliens I would've expected some Aliens artwork is all...
Those who are more of an Aliens fan (which chances are, possibly higher than Alien) and are getting one of these would probably prefer it to give off more a Aliens vibe on sight and it's only natural you'd want that - but yes it's not 100% necessary.

This is what I was trying to say:

Quoted from Cheeks:

You're kidding yourself if you think the average fan has any clue about the aesthetic differences between films. Super fans, as are swarming this thread, for sure. But not the general sci-fi / average Alien fan. I love sci-fi movies, enjoyed the Alien movies, and have even seen them multiple times. That said, I don't really distinguish between them aesthetically. As long as it looks like Alien the franchise, I think myself and the vast majority of general fans will be happy and be none the wiser.

Thanks, Cheeks.

There is really no point in discussing the art on the cab at this point anyway. It's already been covered, and what do you expect to happen? Heighway to rework the art this late in the game to include both Alein and Aliens equally? It's fine as is IMO.

1 month later
#11617 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

It would be interesting if you could add a TV tuner to the LCD then be able to use it as a TV in the game when the game wasn't being played.

Or while it was being played.

Play Alien and watch the football game on your pin!

1 month later
#13001 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

As you said, the bigger opportunity was to introduce Alien pinball machines to the greater public by piggybacking on existing Alien marketing. Why they didn't do this (even it was just with a loaded standard) I have no idea.

Huge opportunity missed.

3 months later
#15893 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Didn't notice, did they change it black? It was white in early versions.

That was the plan

1 week later
#16093 6 years ago

They should abandon the whole "kits" idea.

8 months later
#21518 5 years ago

When does "the purge" happen?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.