DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone preorder and get an email response from Heighway Pinball? I jumped in and am trying to contact them and Andrew and there has been no response so far. I realize they may be getting flooded but would like them to confirm orders placed. Anyone have any luck?

You should get a confirmation email giving you details of the order and an order number.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Toads, was your confirmation email from Heighway Pinball or WorldPlay. All I got was a Worldplay email, which doesn't confirm if the order was accepted by Heighway. I acknowledge the travel and time difference.
Thanks

It was from heighway.
I also emailed them with a few questions and got an answer last night.
Part of the email was....Please accept our apology for the delay in replying to you, as we have had a mountain of emails to get through since Expo finished.
So I wouldn't worry, their just flat out with emails ATM.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got to send the Form! Yes, I have it printed out, sitting right there on my desk at work!
I'm letting it all soak in, I'm so dangerously close to just calling in one of my assistants and giving the order to "fax" and "pay. It's too easy

Pull the trigger.
You know you want to

2 weeks later
#356 9 years ago

Gee 79 would be a cool number, the year that Alien came out.

I wonder who got that number.....

2 weeks later
#391 9 years ago

The link in the email opens up heighway's forum.
I joined this forum weeks ago.
Its an open forum and any one can join.
Unless I have the wrong link, there is nothing new about it.

4 weeks later
#629 9 years ago

No inserts in the white wood yet.
I'm assuming there not sure on exact location at this stage???
And yes the cut outs look very different from a standard table.

1 month later
#751 9 years ago

Do we have a whitewood flipping yet?

7 months later
#2278 8 years ago

We need someone to start a new locked thread with just alien updates and edit when updates are shown and re lock it.

1 month later
#2834 8 years ago

Well it figures, the first game Andrew ever played was space invaders.

1 month later
#3094 8 years ago

Stern have gone from TWD to

Kiss LE....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3116 8 years ago

According to Andrew another 78 being shipped before Xmas and then 75-100 a month by end of January.

3 weeks later
#3664 8 years ago

Ha first two up votes Aurich both from Australia.
We've all just finished work for the day down under.
Pics pics.
We like pics
Please

#4439 8 years ago

When will we see an actual playfield printed?
Has the artwork for the plastics been approved yet?

1 week later
#4585 8 years ago

It's simple, Licensed pin =3 years

2 weeks later
#4676 8 years ago

Andrew c'mon were dying here, show us the
5 printed and lacquered playfields.

#4740 8 years ago

So the fifth playfield must be getting populated.

1 month later
#5228 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I believe this is what Aurich was referring to when he said he wished there was a private owners forum. They can't publicly share anything which leaves pre-orderers in the cold.

That's just the point, they just have.

3 weeks later
#5347 8 years ago

Andrew, when will we see the LE playfield artwork?

2 months later
#6655 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Technically yes, but the cabinet and backbox art is LE specific and is not available as upgrade for a standard version.
So you can buy the standard Alien version and add the following upgrades:
- Shaker
- Fiber optic ramps
- Beacons
(p.s. maybe you can opt for Chrome armor on the LE but you have to discuss this with Heighway as I do not know if this option is available for the Alien LE version (it will be for the Full Throttle LE)

As far as I'm aware the playfield art on the LE is slightly different as well.

1 week later
#6731 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is there an alien pinball update in here? I have to go page after page for anything.
Are there recent videos? or pictures? release date?

Just look for the blue posts by heighway, that's where any update will be.

3 months later
#8250 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Has Heighway mentioned when shipping these games begins...? I showed my wife the video tonight and she told me "You should get this...!" - she loves the facehuggers on the slingshots.
I am going to be watching the Alien threads closely this long Expo weekend, but needless to say, I think we're going to dive in with Heighway and get a Standard for sure!!

Their Facebook page is saying there in production.
Is that a production game or a Proto game at expo?

#8284 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Who the f**k are you, and your post has some blatant bullshit in it.....
Biggest thing to know...he's not directly asking for more money right now.....just email sent "to prepare for payment as production is close" I'm not sending more money yet, nor am I remotely backing out.
There are still things to sort ( LE artwork, armor, PDI ( or like) glass, etc.
These were proto machines...the US team JUST got to get their hands on them earlier in the week. Things will progress at a much quicker pace now.
I believe he is ( reasonably) staged, and will be able to bang these out once the US team can put the package together, tweak, etc.
He wanted to have something people could put their hands on and play ( to a degree) at expo. He did that. Overwhelming opinion that it was the coolest reveal at the show.
In my house by Christmas? Judging by the Protos, not likely but possible. 1st quarter 17?...much more likely. But I see zero reason to panick ( quite the opposite), nor a need to send more cash....they're not in production yet.

Don't know about you but I've got the email that is clearly stating request for the next50% payment, as per their payment terms.

#8290 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can we please get some clarity on this?
I thought I read today that 50% was due the week of production, then the last 50% was due when game is ready

Correct and now as I said earlier and from what is on their Facebook page they are now in production.

#8351 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Just to clarify....that's a joke

And just to clarify that quote.
What part of the quote was the joke?

#8352 7 years ago

Ok been answered.
Thanks

1 week later
#8757 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Because the LE is the "35th Anniversary" edition of Alien...

Only 3 years late.

2 weeks later
#9220 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Seems like a troll post to me?

He's not a troll and it's a valid question.

#9223 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Apologies db666. I would use your new pinside account to PM Andrew with your questions.
Hope your Aussie distributor gets established successfully with Heighway Pinball!

Other people ask Andrew questions on the forum and get answers so why the need to take it to PM.
db666 is not the only Australian who is after the answer to this.
I was at a pinball meet on the weekend and this was a topic that came up from many who attended.
There are a lot of Aussies who are interested in purchasing alien but are holding back.

#9261 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In NZ we only have to pay our version of VAT which is 15% based on the invoice supplied by the manufacturer.
rd

Just a question Dave, if the invoice price includes the UK 20% vat tax do you have to pay both the UK20% AND the NZ tax when it arrives?

#9271 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We only charge sales tax on UK and European retail orders.
European distributors who are registered for their equivalent of VAT/Sales Tax also do not get charged sales tax.
Anyone outside of the EU does not get charged any sales tax by us.

Thanks Andrew, I will send you an email.

1 month later
#9822 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone here wants to stand up and claim that Andrew doesn't listen to his customers please feel free.
You don't make a good game by asking everyone what they want, and then trying to make them all happy.

He's not returning my email and i'm a customer, not sure for how much longer.

#9825 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure you live in australia? Andrew has posted NUMEROUS times that they are working out logistics to aus shipping and distributor so just sit tight.

nothing to do with logistics of shipping or distributors.
more to do with VAT being charged on exported pins.

#9835 7 years ago

it is on my invoice

#9838 7 years ago

I have sent you a PM - did you receive it?
If you have been charged sales tax by us on an invoice then that is incorrect.
Please forward the invoice to me at [email protected] and I will address it.

Details of the invoice were emailed to you on the 7th of December.
recieved your PM and returned a PM.
if you could look into it please.

#9906 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, than is this case, why white ? couldnt it be (tainted) black ?
for the eyes, would be more integrated in the PF...

I think it's already been discussed and Andrew is looking into it.

#9933 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like $6.5k plus shipping.

Plus $550usd for the 27" screen

1 week later
#10039 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

One can only assume now that the 2nd LE art package (back glass/side panels) is based on Aliens, and hopefully features the Queen.

Where is the first LE art package?

#10069 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

LE Aliens themed art package not officially 100% confirmed or revealed, but it's not hard to connect the dots either based on that feature matrix.
Package #1: LE with Green trim, put in your Alien themed blackglass/side panels
Package #2: LE with Blue trim, put in your Aliens themed blackglass/side panels
Package #3: LE with Black trim, put in whatever blackglass/side panels you like.
It's been stated for a while now that LE owners get both the standard (Alien) & LE (Aliens) art packages, so all you have do is pick a trim color for the LE presentation you like best. Or you can go black trim for a more neutral look if you're planning on swapping playfields down the road. Or if you can even pay extra money for the bling chrome trim if that's your thing.
Lots of options are a great thing If you can't find one of these LE configurations that suits your needs, well then you can't please everyone. Looking forward to the final reveal!

Thanks great info.
I had forgotten about the second set being aliens.
Now I am excited to see the LE artwork.
With blue trim AND panels it will look fantastic next to my BIBLE.

#10120 7 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

3 Full Throttles and 2 Aliens. Sadly both Aliens out of action all day. I did not go but know a few people that did. Andrew said board problems apparently.
Hopefully they will be working tomorrow as it would be nice to get some new videos of it in action.

Do you know if they're proto games or full production games?

#10138 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha that's just what I was thinking! Perfectly set up pic

Looks a bit like this one

IMG_1869 (resized).JPGIMG_1869 (resized).JPG

#10244 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My Life is Compete, Now! 5000 Thumbs Up!

Love the pic.
Just found my new computer background shot

#10290 7 years ago

So EAG is over?
And no decent video of the first production games?

#10294 7 years ago

Ferret
Thanks good vid

But when your in on this, you start getting excited around this time.
I just want more of it, I wanna see the ball get eaten again, you know how it is

Btw am I going to see the name "ferret" as one of the high scores when I open my game up

1 week later
#10408 7 years ago

Next week, we will work on the video that you have asked us for

IMG_0877 (resized).JPGIMG_0877 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#10610 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I want one of those rotisseries. Someone makes them because jjp and stern use similiar ones. How does a layperson get their hand on one?

Design watch you need and have an engineering shop make it up.
I'm sure that's what Heighway or Stern or JJP would have done.

#10752 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

For others following the refund issue, I just wanted to update my post that I finally heard back from Andrew and he apologized for taking his eye off the ball with regards to the refunds, and promised he would be sorting it with myself and others affected over the next week. As he reiterated, they've been a little preoccupied with getting parts ordered, issues resolved, games built and attending trade shows, but I believe he now sees how the perception of a company taking care of its customers can be equally important. Thanks everyone for the support and hopefully this will be the last post needed on refund issues.

Have you been refunded?

#10765 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What was the other color trim option that was announced for the game? I still feel like I need to see the LE art to decide which trim package would look the best but they already made me make my decision and not sure if it is going to be a pain to change later once the art is shown?!

This is the reason I want to see the LE artwork before I make a decision.
There was talk that it might be Aliens colours and if that's the case the blue trim might look better.
So I'm not going any further until I know.

#10769 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why not reserve an Alien LE now, and if you don't like the look, switch colors or downgrade to a standard?

Quoted from jonesjb:

Why not reserve an Alien LE now, and if you don't like the look, switch colors or downgrade to a standard?

I have

#10802 7 years ago

You also see the alien mouth open and interact when the ball is near it, with the sound effects.
Looks cool.

#10823 7 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

All the vids I saw, the lcd in the head has a lot of unused black screen area. That is the way it will look??? Cause right now, it looks better without the tv in the head if that is final

Screen just wasn't showing full screen size.
A slight technical fix was needed that's all.
I believe it's been rectified now.

#10869 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If I was a betting man, I'd say there is a 90% chance we'll see these in homes by the end of March.

If I was a betting man, I'd take that bet.

#10892 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

No they don't. It's a refundable deposit. If you don't like waiting, get a refund. Despite people getting all worked up, refunds have been issued for those who want them. The company does not owe anyone here a single thing. If you put down a deposit, you put a hold on a place in line to buy a machine, if you don't pay when the time comes, your place in line goes to someone else. Your deposit grants you nothing but a chance to buy a machine, it does not grant you an insider look into what's happening behind the scenes. The fact that Heighway does this without needing to is commendable. If you have paid in full for your machine, yeah, you're guaranteed a machine, but you're not guaranteed to get it at a specific time, and, again, you're not guaranteed any information. If all that sounds unappealing for you, don't put down a deposit. They'll make lots of games, it won't be hard to get one once they are released.
The fact that this is an unpopular opinion on here just shows how much people take what Andrew and crew are doing for granted.

Your information is incorrect.

#10896 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Id agree with Aeonblack - they dont have to give any updates, they could just Stern it up and give you nothing.
However its in their best interests to give frequent communication, since unlike stern who is a long time pin builder, Heighway has yet to really prove they can mass produce machines.
I appretiate that Andrew personally comes on here and adresses issues and concerns.

Oh I fully agree with your comment however the information in his post is incorrect.
For example if you have a deposit down that holds your LE number NOT your place in the que
Anyone who pays the full amount goes in front of the deposit holders.
This was explained in an email sent out to future owners.

Refunds are also still outstanding.

#10897 7 years ago

So what's happened to the 20 SE's on the line.
Why aren't they being shipped?

#10904 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Ah, I actually wasn't aware of that. I thought it was both holding your LE number AND your place in the que (based on order date, I had assumed, and not actually tied to your LE number). I don't think it's great that you can jump que by paying the full amount, but that does work well for distributors/dealers who have the coin to drop on it.
As for the refunds issue, I had assumed that had all been sorted out since the vocal minority there seemed to quiet down.

That's how it was originally, but a Andrew changed the rules with that email, obviously needing a cash injection.
First to pay first to play you might say.(where have I heard that before)

As for the refund issue, don't assume everybody posts it on pinside.

#10909 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I wouldn't make vague insinuations about people not getting refunds unless you can PROVE it.
So since you have already made the remark - time to prove it. I'm kinda tired of these nebulous internet claims.

You would like me to break trust regarding my PM's and people I know.
Ain't going to happen.
If you don't believe me I don't really care.

#11045 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Non-reflective glass is definitely an option per the website. I'm just not sure if they decided on a supplier yet.
The glass & 27" backbox LCD are mandatory purchase options for LE owners IMO.

From the December update email...
In the near future, we will also be adding PDI non-reflective glass. This, like most optional extras, can be added to your order up to 7 days before your game is shipped.

#11068 7 years ago

If you ask me how long it will take to show a gameplay video, then my answer will be a LOT less than 2 weeks .....

Will we see ramp lighting?

#11328 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The playfield art works really well once the game is all lit up. Its also nice seeing someone play that can make shots, proving that it has some pretty good flow. One of the things that needs to be done is come up with something to replace those posts in the left outlane. They seem add very little to the game visually. I realize there was a toy there in the original design that was scrapped due to fit. I wonder what could mount over them or in their place?

From what I've read regarding the rules the left outlane posts are there for a reason. If you lock a ball one of those two inserts lights up, so when draining you need to nudge it into the lit insert lane. If you can manage that the ball you have locked comes into play. The lit insert will flip back and forth as the slings are hit. So it's a ball save feature. If two balls are locked both inserts are lit and when the ball drains one will shoot out from the two you have locked.
So you get to save the ball but it cost you a locked ball.
I think this is how it works.

#11480 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think a Predator pin should be done soon, based on 1 and 2 like Alien/s that would look very nice next to my Alien LE, Predator LE.

Yer I thought that too once.

#11606 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone know what kind of 27" LCD Heighway installs? If it's a commercial grade wells Gardner or similar monitor it probably runs close to $500. If it's consumer level it's probably closer to $200. Has anyone de-cased and installed their own display in a FT to save some cash?- although you'd have to get a bezel as well. Probably not worth the hassel!

It's a commercial grade LCD.
This question has been bought up a number of times.

#11784 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

As Dano said, if you've been following this thread at all, you'd know why they shouldn't be giving out completion dates. Heighway has flagrantly missed every single deadline they have ever given out. Hell, they can't even release gameplay videos or Q&A with the designer videos when they say they're going to. So at this point, why continue to ask? You are right that it's a fair question, and one we all should expect to get SOMEWHAT accurate answers to, but it just doesn't happen. If we push hard enough, Andrew will give some answer, and then it will be wrong. What good did that do anybody?
I'm 100% in on Alien and Full Throttle, but I've given up needing to know when I'm going to get them. I'll just wait until this Summer (or at this rate, maybe even Fall) and pick them up. I've had to come to grips with the fact that Andrew seems like a great guy with no bad intentions. And thus far they're 2-for-2 on kick ass games. But there are a TON of things outside of designing cool games that Heighway still REALLY SUCKS at. Accurate communication is one of them.
To me, the no-brainer course of action is to determine I want the games, get comfortable with not trying to own them until mid-to-late this year (since I'm intending to buy Alien and FT together), and ignore everything else about Heighway because most of it can be more frustrating that I need.

The most accurate post of the day.

1 week later
#12025 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I hear you. I support Heighway. But, why would they not have done the kits first? It seems like it would be simpler than building complete games. It would've built good will for the early adopters and supporters of a new company. Instead, complete games are going out and orders are being placed. We, the very few Full Throttle early adopters are left waiting. Poor form, imho.

How much cash injection do you think came from releasing two games to operators who advertised them in comps and video streaming gameplay?
How much cash injection would Come from supplying kits to FT owners?
There's your answer.

#12106 7 years ago

I have sent you a PM - did you receive it?
If you have been charged sales tax by us on an invoice then that is incorrect.
Please forward the invoice to me at [email protected] and I will address it.

Andrew,
An email was sent to you regarding this which you replied to on 28 of December 2016.

In your reply was "Jay and Morgan are CC'd in on this email and I will deal with this matter with them when our factory reopens on 3rd January. In any case, the VAT element will be deducted"

A follow up email was sent to yourself,Jay and Morgan a week ago with no outcome.

I'm still waiting on an updated invoice/order confirmation as this issue is not resolved.

#12109 7 years ago

Apologies, I have been away for the last week. Would you mind forwarding it to me again and I'll take care of it in the office in the morning?

Email sent.

#12161 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's possible in a future game that the backbox may display additional details that aren't on the other screen.

I thought the new processor could only handle 2 separate feeds?

#12348 7 years ago
Quoted from conester:

Honestly, I'd be happy if I was unboxing my LE at Christmas time. I hope I'm wrong, but FOX is just taking their sweet old time on the approval process! I'd like to call whoever is doing the art review and bug them every day until they finally approve it! haha!
I'm hoping for 2017, but we shall see...
Brian

The hold up will be the ramp lighting.

1 week later
#12510 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there are not really any callouts to instruct shots. I think if our lights were working correctly, they would not really be needed, given how good the lighting is.

Didn't you get new light boards sent over to fix this?

#12592 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No i'm just getting tired of all the BS. And pinball in general.
I'm supposed to send 50% payment at the "week of manufacture". And the rest upon delivery.

You didn't get the email saying they are now in production and your 50% deposit is now due?

#12672 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Holy shit....really?
Not being facetious, I truly thought that was when development began. That was the ORIGINAL release date???

Video the day after it was announced...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54161494

1 week later
#12962 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

At what point(including me) should people who paid in full or put down deposits panic. It seems the SE's should be ramped up for production and the LE's minus the artwork in some sort of production. How many more delays and time frames gone by are acceptable. If you don't receive your game this year, what do you do? Truthfully, the longer this goes in 2017, the more concerned I'm becoming.

I know the feeling

#12991 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

OK, I just got off the phone with Melissa at Cointaker and was told that there is supposed to be a video release of the LE today. This was as of her communication with Heighway earlier today. Let's see what happens.

More to the point what did she say about supply and shipping?

#13034 7 years ago

Can the backbox art be installed in front of the screen?
If so will there be a white display on the screen to light up the backglass?

#13294 6 years ago

The LE glass seems to go right down with the speaker holes in it. Is the LE glass one piece?

#13624 6 years ago

Nine days ago Andrew posted "their consignment is due to leave very soon"

#13780 6 years ago

Has anybody been given an indication of where they sit in the que for the LE production?

#13801 6 years ago

Are code updates available to download?

#13992 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Got a keychain, now just need a key! And a game Called Heighway two days ago and was told mine is in the next group of 25 to ship

When does the first group of 25 ship?

1 week later
#14756 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I feel this is where I am at.... a decent answer needs to come now.... or I will invest other places ...... total anahilation is my thoughts

Don't you need to get a refund back before you invest in other places?

#14860 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going to ask the mods to please lock this thread, it's time to move on.
You'll want to take your discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball

Well I hope it doesn't get locked as there are a lot of answers that people need regarding refunds from Heighway Pinball.
My money sits with them and NOT the new "rebirthed heighway pinball"

#14878 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a good point.
The initial feel from the mods online with me right now is we allow the new thread to live but leave this one open as well. If people want to migrate to the new thread great, if not then that's fine we will not force them and this thread continues.

Good to hear. Save me screenshotting every post.

#14884 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

My understanding is it's the SAME company with the SAME owners, just that they are majority stakeholders now. I'm not going to request a refund as I want to give these guys some time, my understanding also is that there aren't a huge amount of people fully paid up so as long as those people get their machines first then I think all will be well.

What makes you think that fully paid up people are still going to want the machine and not a refund?

#14905 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is the plan to Bankrupt Highway pinball and start new?

This is generally called re birthing.

#14908 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I put them on so people can learn the game for a bit.

Is the xeno head working?

#14912 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Not completely. I have it turned off. Tongue comes out more frequent than it's intended. I've been told I'm getting the updated mech but with the way things are going I'm not counting on anything.

Hmmm but it sounds like the coin mech works though.
That's all that matters for an op.

3 weeks later
#15393 6 years ago

Emails only going out to people that have ordered.
Emails regarding refunds continue to be ignored.

#15410 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Do we have a " Pinside count" of unanswered refund requests ( general) ...10, 20, more? Just curious. I did a quick search and found around 10 or so ( some fully paid, some w just deposits, who typically will bail on a game when close to production starts on any pin).
Do we have verified vendors that haven't been paid for goods delivered?
Just trying to get an idea of how much money is actually owed, which new investors will need to make whole....
I can't get wrapped around a huge #, but could easily be wrong. If they've truly ordered substantial parts, then machines can go out, generating cash for a variety of needs.....it's not a stretch that these things will be coming....market is there

There's a thread on refunds here...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-refunds

2 weeks later
#15611 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Well... kind of. "Home made LE".
One of Andrew last desperate attempts to convince Aliens LE were shipping. Read the posts that followed to understand what was done.
Note: my understanding is that LE numbers were not given in chronological order - one could pick a number if available. So #2 is not necessarily #2 for production?

Correct

2 weeks later
#15732 6 years ago

Didn't container get some last week.
Where did they end up?

1 week later
#15941 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I emailed Heighway last week and got the following reply.

So I called Melissa to confirm everything. As expected she was a wealth of info. It seems I'm going to have to pay about $250 to CT to get my pin from them to me. This despite the fact I've already paid Heighway $350 to ship it straight to me. Once I get my pin I'll hammer Heighway for a mini-refund of my shipping. Wouldn't that be a great problem to have, pin in hand and just $350 floating in the HP coffers that's owed to me? Melissa explained that HP hasn't passed a dime of that shipping money on to CT so she's forced to collect from us. She also asked for a copy of my invoice from HP and said she'd contact them herself to make sure mine was in the next container she received! Hurray for Melissa and CT, saving my butt and looking after me even though I ordered straight from HP.

Good luck getting your $350 back from Heighway.

#16016 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what was the cost for early adopters?

When first released it was £4800.

2 weeks later
#16491 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Cool, a lot of my complaints look to be fixed in this update. Still several more to go....and I hope they listen to us and add LE only modes or games for LE owners. Doesn't look to be that difficult to create and implement as they say their "developers are so fast" lol.

Thought you were out?

#16499 6 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Whoa, wait a minute. The person in that picture cannot possibly be Ted. He's not wearing a Hawaiian shirt. The guy is the pic is an imposter!

Don't say that, your just egging him on

#16572 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This was Melissa's statement to me on 9/7
"They will not be in by this weekend. 
They are on route, but with storms, there have been delays at ports."

And so now there not on route.
Somebody can't make their mind up.

#16691 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I put a deposit on an LE in early March, and just sent an email today, requesting to begin the refund process. I ordered directly from Heighway, and added the 27" LCD and airfreight shipping, so I have $2,400 down. We'll see how this goes, and I'll update the progress in this thread.
I've played a few games on Alien, and I think it has potential to be a great pin. However, there are proven companies with some great pins that I'd rather own. I certainly hope that Heighway is successful, and that Alien sells in large quantities. If so, perhaps I'll pick one up on the used market some day.

Did you order direct from heighway or a distributor?

#16737 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I'm still waiting..... Going on four months of waiting.
Contacted Morgan again a couple of days ago. Still waiting.
I'll definitely post when / if I ever get my $1500 deposit back!

Well I just checked my original request and it's four months today that I have been waiting too.

#16881 6 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

does anyone know exactly how many LE'S are being made? and how many are sold to date? Mine has been paid in full since last sept
just curious

Are you aware of this thread, probably changed somewhat.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alienle-are-you-in-whats-your

#16884 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well hell, I'll just ask Melissa to switch me to a standard and bump you to the "next shipment". I'm sure you'd be cool with that right? Anybody else, that's fully paid for an LE want to join me?

That will cost you more.
You will have to pay the new price.

#16887 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You sure about that? I'm assuming Cointaker had a contract price with HP. So if I ask Melissa to switch to a standard and just refund me the difference, why would she care. My money isn't with HP, it's with Cointaker no?

It depends on how long ago you pre ordered I guess.
People who pre ordered long ago got a good price on the LE.
But since then heighway of new have hiked up the prices.
The new standard is worth more than the old LE price and heighway won't discount the people who have had previous orders in for the LE.
It was bought up a while ago in this thread.

#16890 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

kklank - your post certainly came off as being a dick but I don't take offense. You seem like you've been on these boards for awhile so you know that standards are usually made and shipped first (stern is the same way - my GB prem was NIB and I had to wait for Pro and then LE to be made first). Enjoy your LE when you receive it or if you want to drop to standard, good luck with that as well.

Not always the case.
Stern built AC DC LE's first. So everyone that ordered a LE got a cloudy window.
I think stern learnt from that.

Since day one a group of standards were being made first.
How would you feel if the LE's were made in the first batch like the standards already out there. Some have issues with them.id rather they get it spot on, then ship the LE's.

#16912 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I get wanting your LE, but with the tenuous condition the company was in this is good in general.

"Was" in.
Until they pay back people, there still in.

1 week later
#17042 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Squeaky wheels get the grease. Have you been inundating them with emails and phone calls?

That should have no effect on refunds.
With any decient company one request is all that it takes.

3 weeks later
#17982 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about a little credit for step 1?

Credit given when credit is due.

2 weeks later
#18440 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Really...you read all 18,000+ posts? Impressive. Now tell us (especially the owners in possession of new games) how Heighway is just like JPOP and SkitB again?

This isn't the right thread to answer this but considering you keep posting about how good your alien is in the refund thread(which BTW, people waiting on refunds are not interested in hearing about) I will answer this.
I can't comment on JPOP as I wasn't involved but SkitB, well
It's very simple.
SkitB had taken my money for a pinball machine.
SkitB said they would refund my money.
SkitB didn't refund me my money.

Heighway Pinball had taken my money for a pinball machine.
Heighway Pinball said they would refund my money.
Heighway Pinball didn't refund me my money.

Now lets go a bit further in the time line...

SkitB has multiple people involved in legal action to recover refunds.

Heighway Pinball will soon be going through this as well.

And yes I've read all 18,000 posts as they happened.

3 weeks later
#18887 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You probably could have taken your LE refund, called Melissa and got an SE like by the end of the week, not sure if all 7 were spoken for yet...anyways, good luck with the AFMR, LE.

That would cost him more money as he has had it on pre order at the old price.

3 weeks later
#19296 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can agree with that.
Look, all of this began with the three color choices Heighway put out. In my opinion, 2 out of the 3 colors are hugely disappointing and for an LE machine, they should have done much better than offering these base colors.

I think Heighway wants everyone to choose black. Hence the other two crappy shades.

1 week later
#19369 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Who whant a refound when the game is so great.

Game might be great pity the company isn't.

#19378 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got my refund in October after calling Andrew out on Pinside. Other than that he had ignored my emails for weeks.
Not sure how these ‘new and improved’ mystery owners are fairing. Looks more of the same to me.

They're not new.
They're the original investers.

2 weeks later
#19656 6 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Thats the issue , I and we were told the game was shipping in 2 weeks , been paid in full since sept 2016. Was told by Melissa there would be 45 le's coming in 45 days and I can place a order for one, When I informed her I was already paid in full she replied that she would check on that , have heard nothing since , That was last week. Seems like the new money will be getting games first , I hope I am wrong as I will need heart medication for sure , numb just thinking about it uggggg

This is what rubberducks was saying 12 months ago but he was slammed on the forum for saying it.

1 week later
#19750 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Maybe New HP should call Deeproot for some consulting. Seems they have their shit together over there and are going to make this look easy. Lol.

What new HP, it's the same investors.
All they have done is used Andrew as their excuse, kicked him out, told everyone now his gone things will get much better and carried on as usual..

#19752 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You make it sound like these people were running the show back when Andrew was there...I highly doubt that was the case.

Well the company hasn't changed at all.
Still being elusive, lying in emails regarding time frames, refunds, ect.

Same old same old.

1 week later
#19935 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't think it's too late and maybe the ship is being righted. Parts going out and delaying game #3 to me says a lot.

I've heard this many times in this thread.

#19936 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's why it seemed nuts to me to even be talking about game #3.
There are some companies, such as Heighway, that seemed to only be able to sell to Pinside, and some pinball shows, and not know how to extend past that. The new HP seems also stuck in that. It will be key to their success to solve that problem.

Theres only one reason heighway are talking about #3.
Pre order money.

#20084 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let us know how that works out for ya....

Yes considering none of the early pre order games went through CT as they weren't a distributor at that time.
They were all purchased direct from heighway.

2 weeks later
#20286 6 years ago

IMG_2579 (resized).JPGIMG_2579 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#20536 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Might need to adjust the scoop

At least we now know the green trim looks crap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=toads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.