• 24,460 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by mavantix
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Uh, excuse me sir, we are currently discussing the beacons. Please do not steer this thread any further off topic!

Not that it would matter to me (If I ordered the Aliens game) but maybe this is what's bothering people...

not the height as much as the shape. IIRC the beacons looked more like the first type than the second, but what do I know... (close to nothing)

The beacon shape wouldn't matter to me at all, though.

beacons (resized).jpg

#10337 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well "mother" custom speech is a great thing and I agree call outs are important but not when they suck exp. Met, ST, TWD and so many others, for me the 90's dmd's are riddled with very bad custom call outs,

OT, but the Spiderman VE callouts are starting to grow on me.

#10349 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If you mean like some kind of terrible wart that won't go away, then I'm right with ya.

#10391 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, yeah, it goes back to how everyone says they want unlicensed games like the good old days, but then you give them one and they say "meh".

Just watched this vid on "Dialed In" which looks like a super fun game. Steve Bowden plays it for a while.

(BTW every time you mention Full Throttle on Pinside you get an auto-upvote from me. I could make your mentions of FT a drinking game, but I'd fear for my health )

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You are correct but if someone brings it into this thread then be prepared for some pee, and I'm talking heavy asparagus.

Hey I was just quoting frolic and provided an example. If you want to get upset about it that's on you.

#10407 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
SO LAME.

Cool opinion. I find a pin about a phone that could destroy the world interesting. The game is like "Whirlwind 3000" with the natural disaster warnings starting and getting canceled (Pat Lawlor for you). The side flipper to lock a ball, magnets whipping things all over the place, and an enemy that attacks your flippers during multiball. If you shoot the enemy targets when they're attacking you you score a super jackpot. Holograms that you can shoot, super cool combos, a futuristic city getting destroyed on the backglass, and the game (in the vid) wasn't 20% finished. And yeah, Keith Johnson is coding it. But I'm sure you knew all that

Back on topic...

Aliens looks like a great game. Build it/ship it.

#10415 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm warming up to the theme, but it still has bad art in places and a terrible main mom jeans character. The game itself shoots great and will be awesome though, no doubt. The phone is a good toy IMO.
Keith Johnson isn't the lead software guy on the game by the way. Ted Estes is. I'm sure Keith is assisting and their collaborating a bit, but this game is Ted's game. But you knew all that...or did you?

No, that's good to know

#10506 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah, but where's the queen...

What's that saying, Ted? "If you don't know who the queen is, you're the queen?"

I don't think it goes that way actually

#10600 2 years ago

(Not aurich)

Cmon guys. You're killin aeonflux
aeonblack or whatever his name is

#10665 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

He's not HW staff nor a partner...and his work for them was done long ago..

There may be some confusion on this... as Aurich was supposedly on to do an LE art package. I think that's what people are asking about. So far that hasn't been publicly revealed.

#10669 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I think the confusion is not what he was asked to help with and paid for but what his duties are to HW today. He's not their PR spokesperson...not is he hired or paid to so while he has his own day-2-day job here in the U.S. He's had the opportunity to have a say piecing the game together pro/LE...but he's not the owner or the speaker of the house. Again, I understand the frustration everyone is feeling...I'm one of them as well. We're all trying to find someone to blame for the lack of updates and missed timelines but that aggression for a response needs to be directly pointed to Andrew. He has the answers whether he wants to deliver them himself or hire a rep to do it for him.

For the record I've never been anything but very nice to Aurich, as I've found over the years that being nice to talented/smart people is wise

#10838 2 years ago

Poor Ted. I'd bet Ted cuts the best cigar here, though

#10846 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just buy this Alien LE Ice and you will have it in two weeks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45175

Flawless plan. What could possibly go wrong?

#10922 2 years ago

Congratulations Heighway! And AeonBlack will not die inside for at least one more day!

#10969 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking forward to #2 heading out the door right behind #1!!!

Inner 13-year-old approves

#10994 2 years ago

1364 mi

BangHeadAgainstbrickWall.gif

1 week later
#11226 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

12pm has passed right?

He took delivery already. It was mentioned in another thread IIRC. Showed pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-on-its-way-to-starport-in-morgantown-wv#post-3613620

#11234 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes videos please!

Of the handstand woman or the game?

#11264 2 years ago

So you can get to the gameplay video from there.

One of the guys playing sounds like Pete Hendricks (going to guess that it's him, since this is in Pittsburgh, PA).

1 week later
#11470 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Please see answers below..

Quoted from T-800:

^^^^^ Now that - is some great service. Thanks for the super fast response.

Quoted from bladerunner:

Andrew, how about Bladerunner as your next pin? Then Predator vs Alien?

Or maybe... WOOLY?

#11476 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Thanks law !
I just couldn't think of what the
Ly were when I first saw it. I thought the abbrev. was WOO and he was hinting at something else!

T-800 (the guy getting his questions answered by Andrew) is the developer of "Wrath of Olympus" which he's not been able to manufacture in large numbers (yet).

A casual thought was maybe Heighway and Scott (t-800) could work out some kind of manufacture agreement to make Scott's game.

#11566 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I watched the video. Looks nice. Still deciding whether to sell Full Throttle or get a playfield kit + new computer.
Is there a mode called "Queen's?" Is that really the name? With the inappropriate apostrophe? I couldn't read the screen perfectly, maybe I'm missing something.

"Nest"

#11716 2 years ago

RE: "You Failed"... not really sure what the big deal is, other than it does seem kind of like something from an FPS video game. Not sure everyone who enjoys pinball really digs FPS shooters & that sort of interaction. But in the end, this is Heighway's game and for me, it's not a big deal. It could be one of their signature messages that they put in all games

#11914 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've followed this thread closely for last few months. Not ready to pull the trigger, but very close to getting in touch with Andrew to get in on an LE before they're all gone. Not exactly losing sleep over the decision, because by all accounts it is and will continue to be a great pin and a "safe" purchase. However, since I only have room for 5 pins, one of my current collection has to go, so it's not a no-brainer for me either.
Anyway... on the point of my post. Had to drop the truck off today for a little work this afternoon... waiting in their customer lounge for a few minutes for a ride from a friend. Look over at the small TV they had in the corner and AMC channel was on.... looked a bit closer and saw Parker getting speared by the Alien's inner jaws (edited for TV). Seriously can't make this sh%t up... What are the odds of seeing this scene on this particular 5 minutes of my day where I was looking at a TV. Maybe someone is trying to tell me to shut up and put my money down??

Hmmmm... seems like the only morally correct decision is to buy an Alien pinball machine.

#11976 2 years ago

Ummm... Twitter arranged these posts like this... (not making this up).

too_perfect.jpg

#11999 2 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

ill drink the cool-aid. Just put the deposit down for standard alien. Its "game over" for my checking/savings account I found the process to be relatively painless, and the team was quite helpful. Turn around time for my order is april/may.

It's only money, right?

also

almost #12000

1 week later
#12212 2 years ago

In line...

image (resized).jpg

#12330 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

On Sunday, I noticed the playfield LCD had sunk a bit on one of the games. It was causing the ball to 'jump' over that ledge - and occasionally got hung up there (I think someone mentioned this above). Those LCD's are adjustable so that's not a big problem, but on closer inspection I noticed a small chip in the paint/clear on that edge - so that made my choice pretty easy.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah screen was re-leveled, it's similar to what I've seen happen on some Congo and CFTBL games as well. Very small and hard to see because it's in a dark spot but for now I'm going to Mylar it and call it good. I'm not the type to get bent out of shape about little cosmetics. Andrew pointed it out showed me how to adjust that level of screen, really easy as it's just four screws, and I'm sure if worse case scenario it does start to bother me I'm guessing Andrew would help me get a replacement.

Interestingly enough I was in line to play when the LCD thing was discovered, and there Andrew was with a screwdriver working furiously to fix it.

(These attached pics don't show Andrew fixing it, but he came by just a little bit later)

Also a vid of the game before playing it (one of the other machines)

IMG_1256 (resized).JPG

IMG_1257 (resized).JPG

#12333 2 years ago

Everything about the game seemed great. Aside from wishing the volume was louder, I do have one small critical gameplay comment.

I feel like when you make a ramp shot, you shouldn't be punished.

On the last game I played after two made ramps, the ball somehow escaped out of the left return and went into that outlane area with the posts. Super disappointing. Maybe I just had some bad luck, but on two consecutive balls (2 & 3) it was a disappointment and led to a shorter experience. Guessing this is good news for operators with the shorter ball times But maybe it was just one of those games where shit goes sideways. A few more games I'd be able to give better perspective on the left side drain issue.

ETA: With SunKing's info, now I understand why one of the three games was being played without playfield glass. I only got to play that one (twice during the whole weekend). If I'd have known about the issue, I'd have let others by to play it and waited for one with glass on it.

On the second time, that wasn't possible. I assume it was SunKing who said to me "sorry to do this to you" and turned off the machine on the right, which is the one I was set to play.

Can't really say whether I'm in on Alien or not yet... hope to play it more in the future and figure it out. So far not an insta-buy... but contemplating a buy.

#12336 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

This happend to me a few times also - HOWEVER - I think I have an easy fix. I noticed that the left outlane post is wide open (as you would expect from factory). In fact, it's so far in that it partially sits under the ramp hole. I think the ball is glancing off that inlane post rubber and bouncing around a bit. I plan to tighten the outlanes, and expect this problem to go away as a result. I'm going to be tweaking the game tonight, so I'll let y'all know if it works.

Yeah, that's me in the orange shirt. We were adjusting the playfield LCD on the game that had the chipped playfield. I turned off the other game because that's the one I was taking home, and needed to hit the road ASAP. ....sorry again.

No worries

1 week later
#12514 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Care to elaborate?

He's quoting something that Andrew used to say, but doesn't say much anymore

#12555 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Care to explain this nonsense?

Quoted from Whysnow:

poorly delivered humor would be more accurate. Many things dont come across in text.

It was probably a reference to this:

i-for-one-welcome-our-new-insect-overlords (resized).jpg

1 week later
#12869 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe she's a Knut.

Eh... they kind of mangled the beginning of the clip... but...

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8b113757-2f82-4948-b6ac-a61f7a9f1282

1 week later
#12984 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ya know - why does anyone even care about the LE art? I bet anyone buying an LE is getting it with the monitor in the backbox...so the art is practically irrelevant. If there's truly some issue with getting the LE art done/approved - at this point it would just make business sense to say "F it"...the LE will ship with the same art as the Standard...and then when/if the LE art gets done - send the translites out to the LE owners later.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Why are you making so much sense??
My guess is that standards are still not shipping out either. If they were, why wouldn't they simply post a quick message here stating that to cool everyone off? It would take like 2 minutes and make a huge customer impact.

This. Not sure why the focus has been on LE artwork, when it's just the side blades (which can be slipped into the cabinet). Regular artwork apparently comes with the LE anyway... AFAIK they've as much as said the playfield artwork will remain the same. Can anyone confirm?

Regardless, none of that would seem to stop non-LE production. Last I read, they were doing a show in Italy... that was a week after TPF ... about 3 weeks ago. No update (on Pinside, anyway) about non-LE production.

#13027 2 years ago

Weird. I actually followed Brian Allen on YT before any of this was known. I have one of his "Captain Dead" T-Shirts, even. The circle is complete.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC-TJD2cBDtPt3a8oIuuzuTQ/videos?feature=hovercard

#13247 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I don't give a shit if they use twist ties from bread bags, it's a less than 5 dollar fix and it will take me 5 minutes to do.

Great. Now I want an Alien Bread Bag LE

#13421 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Can't refund what you don't have anymore.
Why else would Heighway let people with cash in hand jump in line in front of people who have been paid for a long time?

Likely they're selling small numbers of machines (probably to non-pinsiders) to people not on the paid list to generate some cash flow. This is a thought many of us have likely had but were unwilling to write. Glad to see Wolfmarsh break the ice there and get an upvote.

#13435 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

And I don't think anyone actually wants to bust Heighway's balls over doing that.
If that's what they need to do to make payroll, get the engineering issues corrected, and buy parts to build games, then do it.
Just stop jerking my friends around.

I'm with ya buddy--I'm not doing the jerking.

#13703 2 years ago

Off the wall idea here, based on a few assumptions:

*Old Xeno head mechs are now useless
*More than a few of these were made
*Heighway need a little better cash flow to speed up shipping of games

If true, what about offering the old Xeno-head mechs for sale simply as a collectible item to raise cash? Done with the stipulation that these never be placed into an existing machine (voided warranty/etc).

I'm just thinking that if there are old Xeno head mechs sitting around that would never be used, selling them off as a mild fund raiser could help offset a loss.

That said, maybe my assumptions are off (old Xeno heads can be fixed; not many were ordered; etc)

#13707 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think they can sell spare Xeno Heads as spare parts, right?

My thinking as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside