• 25,610 posts
  • 1,004 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,016 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg
87B996E6-4F79-428A-86E8-A6E06716D0D4 (resized).jpeg
ALIEN (resized).PNG
DSCN7187 (resized).JPG
DSCN7186 (resized).JPG
DSCN7185 (resized).JPG
DSCN7184 (resized).JPG
DSCN7178 (resized).JPG
DSCN7176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11751 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

OK, if one were to order an Alien today -3/8/2017, from Heighway's US distributor, when is a realistic date to expect this to be in their game room?

I'm a bit curious about this too... I'd only be ordering a standard if that makes a difference.

#11788 2 years ago

Just sent the deposit for a SE thanks to Andrew being a great communicator! He saw me post here in this thread that I was curious when an SE could be expected to ship if you ordered right now. *HE* messaged me. Then a little back and fourth went on. And now I ordered.

"That was easy!"

#11957 2 years ago

I'm different... just getting backglass art on ours. Only upgrade I may try to add is the shaker.

So looking forward to Alien!

1 week later
#12198 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, wish there was a stream we could watch this on. Would really love to hear what Andrew has to say.

Agreed! I just hope someone is extremely nice and posts a video of it on Youtube.

#12286 2 years ago

I told myself not to get too excited about ordering a SE until they start shipping in droves... but damnit I can NOT WAIT! The more pictures I see and videos I watch the drool just happens!

Anybody have any ideas if there will be an Alien at the Allentown show the beginning of May?

1 month later
#13031 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I’ve been away from Pinside for a while...

Which does the soul good! Art looks great... and I love the sound!

#13035 2 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen an SE without the backbox LCD? That LE backglass is really making me wonder how critical it really is.

There are pictures on the Heighway website. I ordered ours without the LCD. I dig the SE backbox art.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/alien1.png

#13059 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Screen burn is pretty much a think of the past with the new displays. I wasn't wanting to have it on all of the time, but would love to have the option to turn it on.

Have you seen some of the menu screens at Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, and/or Burger King? Screen burn still happens. We had it happen to our home theatre PC even.

#13224 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

dude that logo is jeff f
stop trying to stir more of the shit pot

Oh Jesus... going to change my user picture since I don't want to be thought of as a representative of any company. I am just happy as hell with being on the Heighway train and had a buddy make a neon for our basement. Simple. No employee, vendor, or anything else official here. Except maybe being a douche from time to time.

And I thumbs downed the post because it did/does seem like stirring the pot. Again, simple.

#13226 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

EDIT:
Nothing I have said above sleights Heighway Pinball in any way whatsoever. I find it amusing that Heighway Pinball would choose to downvote my post LOL - that's funny! (if in fact the person using the Heighway logo IS actually Heighway - maybe they are not in which case the downvote is just sad)

Not sad at all... IMO your post came(and still comes) off as a dick post. Thumbs down is here for when people don't agree with what you post. I've been thumbs downed by friends even and it's not offensive in the least to me. Just shows they don't agree.

And I mentioned in another post I had a friend make a Heighway Pinball neon because I'm excited about Heighway Pinball... Alien to be specific. I don't represent any company. I am not part of any company. I am only a hobbiest.

#13281 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Everyone I know in the movie industry...

That's almost as good as "it's on the internet so it must be true".

#13437 2 years ago

Hmmmm... I only have the $1k deposit in but a few things strike me funny. I wrote Andrew a few days back about his projected April/May delivery of my machine and also to show off a Heighway neon sign I had made. I thought I'd get at least a "cool sign" and maybe a "small delays in shipment" response but nothing... nada.

This is in stark contrast to him bending over backwards to help get me in on an Alien SE. He actually wrote me after seeing a comment from me about delivery times in one of the Alien threads(probably this one).

I'm still "in" on Alien but I am having a bit of a "hmmmmmm" moment here... what to do if I get the email "please send the rest of your payment since we are ready to make your game". I'm not sure what I'll do if I get that email in the next week or two.

Ugh.

-Jeff

p.s. Just looked and I wrote him 11 days ago.

#13542 2 years ago

Happy I got a chance to play Alien at Pinfest today... it was a ton of fun! There is a lot of flow IMO. I found myself giggle a couple times with how shots loop around. Wish I could have heard it better(especially the bass). The upper two flippers made sense after a ball or two. Passing from the left upper to the right upper is really cool.

0505171623a (resized).jpg

#13650 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Seems like more potential buyers are crossing Alien off their list after seeing it at Allentown. But I guess that's to be expected when main gimmick doesn't work and there are other problems. Might be best to stop allowing the public to play Alien at shows until everything actually works as intended.
You get once chance at a first impression and this year's Pinfest was a huge event with a lots of other new releases competing for dollars. I mean, what's it say when a beta-test game like Houdini performs better than a game with years of development behind it like Alien?

You do realize you are just stating your personal opinion and aren't actually speaking for everyone right? Geeze. In the past 3 or 4 days all you've been doing is saying how much you dislike Alien. We... get... it... you... no... likey... And that's fine. Move on to a different game and be happy with it.

Total opposite end of the spectrum for me. I have my deposit down and was really happy with how Alien played at Pinfest. Not perfect, not a chance as nothing ever is. But it was tons of fun and I can see the potential. I also can't wait to see it in a dimly lit room and have to ability to HEAR it!

Totally not meaning to bash you if it's coming off that way. Just keep seeing you post and think "why doesn't he just accept that he hates the game and move on?". It happens man.

#13655 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey, it's first time I finally got to see it in person and play it after the years of hype on this thread. I don't want to accept I hate it, because I don't "hate" it and I wanted to like it a LOT more than I did. Maybe by the time the York show arrives Alien will be fully working and I'll be able to give it another try.
I'm also stating what other people were saying while I was watching and playing and conversations I had with guys I was playing against. I can certainly repeat what I've heard and was told on a discussion forum. Plenty of rah-rah cheerleaders hyping the game in this thread, so a little counter balance is fine.

I'm pretty anti-social so I wasn't yucking it up with people but I didn't hear a ton of negative. I heard some VERY vocal negative people(who also bragged about being on Pinside) and was really put off by it. In fact at one point my sixteen year old son had to walk away because he was laughing so hard at some of these guys. I never knew people valued being a member here so highly? It was sad... and then really funny because you could tell they were serious.

Eh, to each his own. Just saying it's OK to dislike a game and move on. Hell... I did that with Spooky and can't believe all the rah, rah that goes on with their games(and I owned an Americas Most Haunted for a while).

1 week later
#13931 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

... havent tested to check the voltage but I'd assume 12v

Going to order two blue ones once the voltage is verified!

#14014 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I saw it last night and I give it a 6.5

Just saw it with the wifey... I'd give it a 7/10. Decent enough for $5.70 tickets.

#14050 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Sideshow Collectibles New Topper!

And only $1799!!! Whatta bargain!

#14070 2 years ago

Wow, that Xenomorph tongue looks pretty quick with the new mech. Nice.

1 week later
#14404 2 years ago

I requested a refund of my deposit yesterday.

Originally Andrew PM'd me here after reading something I posted about SE shipping times. He was great... we went back and fourth and I was happy with his responses so I sent a deposit. Woot!

Around a month, month in a half ago I was excited and had a Heighway neon sign made so I shot him a message showing it off. Then a few weeks later my son asked if we were still getting the SE in the timeframe Andrew stated so I shot him a quick message about that(again, very nicely worded with excitement bubbling over). Then Pinfest happened and I was absolutely thrilled with Alien! So again I shot Andrew a little message about how awesome the game played and also that I've been into the arcade hobby for 20 years so getting a game that may need attention is no big deal. We just want one!!!

Finally after about a week of sending that message I noticed Andrew hadn't signed onto Pinside since May 5th so I emailed him the last message.

Nothing. No reply to any of those messages. He was quick to message me when I was on the fence with the game. And he went back and fourth for a day with me to put my mind at ease about ordering one.

So I emailed him, Jay, and someone else that was CC'd to my original receipt yesterday. Again, very nice email. Regretful and apologetic even. I don't expect a reply so a PayPal claim will be filled next week(and if that fails, I will open a CC claim).

Really, REALLY like Alien and would love to have one here eventually. Just not at this time due to all the silence... that and there is only so much time you have to file a PayPal claim...

#14442 2 years ago

So I just went to PayPal to see what the actual claims procedure was. The first part of it is "establishing email communication" so I figured what the heck, I'll do that.

Well shit on a shingle...

PayPal instantly came back with they are "no longer able to communicate with Heighway Pinball" so they took me right to the actual claim form.

This don't look good...

[edit]
Ok, now I went to the claim details page and it looks like PayPal must have some way of communicating since they said they are waiting to hear back from Heighway Pinball. If they don't hear back by June 7th they will move forward(hopefully that means initiate the refund).

Looks like they skipped over the "Dispute" and the "Escalation" steps.

#14494 2 years ago

Ugh...

#14511 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yes, crank up production & get the games out to people who have already paid. We all want to see them succeed. We can all agree on that.
On the other side of that coin, stop ignoring customers requests for refunds & get back to communicating and answering emails. It raises suspicions & creates even more problems. I'm still waiting to hear something about the status of mine.
Looking forward to this next announcement.

This...

#14587 2 years ago

All I know is I am still going to pursue a refund no matter the "news". If, and imho that is a BIG if, the news is positive *AND* actually makes sense to me then I will buy one down the road from Cointaker(or whoever) has one in stock.

The most negative thing to me is the apparent behind the scenes communications going on. Why some people are totally ignored after they send anywhere from $1000 to $8700(sorry Ant... ) and other people seem to know exactly WTF is going on is appalling as a paying customer. I do not want to have to come to Pinside to practically beg for information. I do not like the game of "good news coming soon... stay tuned!". I do not want to be lectured by people who either have been lucky and been included with the behind the scenes or people who have no "skin in the game".

I sent a $1000 deposit to a company who is(or was) making a pinball machine I was interested in. I expect to get common courtesy responses to questions I send when timelines that were said by the company owner are not met.

It really is that simple. All this drama here is entertaining at best. Not sure where in life you guys are used to paying $1000 or effing $8700 and not getting what you paid for or at least apologies for screw ups encountered along the way.

Sorry for the rant, but after a couple beers it gets even more clear just WTH is going on here.

Good luck everyone(including Heighway Pinball). Draining this thread now and I will just use PayPal to communicate with Heighway so my refund is processed... hopefully...

1 week later
#14964 2 years ago

You guys that think K was just misunderstood in the beginning are as nuts as he was. The guy was off the rails everywhere he tried joining. Got kicked from a good many forums and FB groups.

Guilty pleasure admission though... I do listen to his webcast once in a while and I have actually enjoyed it on occasion.

#15085 2 years ago

Just wanted to follow this up...

PayPal was wonderful. 11 days after I initiated my claim they have ruled in my favor and refunded my $1000 deposit.

Anybody that is still in the 180 day window at PayPal should initiate a claim if you are getting ignored by Heighway in your refund request.

Heighway did NOT respond to PayPal(along with not responding to me here or via email).

No matter who the Heighway management is at this time it is horrible that they refuse to respond to ANYONE!

Crazy. I wish everybody luck on receiving their Aliens(or refund) but as far as me and Heighway... never, EVER again! IMO you done blew it guys.

Quoted from JeffF:

So I just went to PayPal to see what the actual claims procedure was. The first part of it is "establishing email communication" so I figured what the heck, I'll do that.
Well shit on a shingle...
PayPal instantly came back with they are "no longer able to communicate with Heighway Pinball" so they took me right to the actual claim form.
This don't look good...
[edit]
Ok, now I went to the claim details page and it looks like PayPal must have some way of communicating since they said they are waiting to hear back from Heighway Pinball. If they don't hear back by June 7th they will move forward(hopefully that means initiate the refund).
Looks like they skipped over the "Dispute" and the "Escalation" steps.

#15122 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...time to let the investors do their job...

Yep.

1 week later
#15273 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Don't suppose anyone with a game could be an hugely awesome dude and make me an ISO of their Aliens hard-drive? My game is dead, and Heighway hasn't responded to emails

So... how are the people saying give the "new" company more time feeling about this?

This isn't something that needs financial accounts signed over. This isn't something that the folks supposedly still in the company after Andrew left wouldn't know how to answer. This is crap. Plain and simple. How hard can it be to respond to this guy who has a bricked machine? Honestly, it seems like an easy way to show your good will as the "new" owners.

Bat shit crazy if you ask me. Put a copy of the software on some FTP space and send the guy a link FFS.

#15274 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

back on topic. An update on my refund process ....

05/29 - requested a refund from Heighway via email of $6,425 balance paid. No response received.
05/29 - initiated a dispute with American Express for $6,425 ($1,500 deposit was made 17 months prior).
06/05 - received introduction email from Heighway.
06/06 - requested a refund from Heighway via email of $6,425 and $1,500 downpayment. No response received.
06/16 - credit card dispute for $6,425 was resolved in my favor and that money was refunded.
06/19 - spoke to credit card rep to confirm money had posted. He thanked me for being a valued member.
06/19 - requested a refund of my $1,500 deposit from Heighway. Awaiting response. (still want the game - but not until design bugs are resolved and for game to be in stock. Planning to downgrade from an LE to a STD with shaker).
'#thinkingofpreorderingapinball-justsayno

Any idea if Heighway responded to American Express?

And awesome that you got a big portion of your funds back. Good luck on the $1500. Again, an easy way for the "new" company to show good will is staring them in the face here...

1 week later
#15401 2 years ago

"Talk is cheap."

"Actions speak louder than words."

"Where's the beef?"

All come to mind when I visit this thread. So sorry some of you guys are *still* getting strung along. Good luck with the refunds and game deliveries!

1 month later
#16072 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Still not convinced though that they are in the 'produce 100 Aliens a month stage'. Only a few mostly bare playfields on one station.......

Feels like Groundhog Day...

1 week later
#16320 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

It has some serious issues. I can't say for certain which are hardware related and which are software but I know that as much fun as I had with it, I no longer put my money in it because it plays so poorly now.
Steve Bowden gave his impressions on Fun with Bonus a few days ago after playing it in Buffalo too: http://funwithbonus.com/gameplay-livestream-alien/

Nice to see you guys don't sugar coat it Kev. And thanks for the review!

2 weeks later
#16721 2 years ago

I had a stripped down SE on order WITHOUT the LCD even. After being lied to and then ignored I got my deposit back after 4 or 5 months thanks to PayPal(and PayPal alone since Heighway ignore both myself and PP).

Still have a buddy in for a decked out LE(and he has been fully paid for years now) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the "new" Heighway sticks around until he gets his machine.

3 months later
#19539 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

looking for my le. hopefully soon.

You have the patience of a Saint dude. Can't wait to hear you have finally received your game! (And I'll be on my way down to play it quickity-split!!!) LOL.

3 months later
#20983 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Remember the good ol days when due diligence and raising an eyebrow towards this company was the recipe for 35 down votes?

I got 50. But I admit... I enjoyed a bunch of beer before I shared my thoughts so... LOL.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=jefff#op

This current situation really sucks. I have a good friend who has been all in for a couple years on an LE and he's getting totally screwed. I really, truly, honestly hate Andrew Heighway.

#20985 1 year ago

Andrew is a f@ck twat...

#21265 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Statement From Andrew Heighway
I am truly sorry to hear about the turn of events announced today.
In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

Hey Andrew, you are a liar and a thief. That has been proven by the many people you milked money from and didn't deliver what was paid for. You may be skirting the law with your cute way of wording statements but it doesn't change the facts your customers know are true.

BTW, I paid a deposit on an Alien SE after *YOU* messaged me here and after you went back and fourth with me putting my mind at ease. From that moment forward you ignored me for months(after your promised delivery date came and went). You can NOT deny this. There are messages still here on my Pinside messaging system, my Gmail account, and my PayPal account all showing my history with you. PayPal is the only reason I was refunded my deposit and I have huge doubts your company ever transferred funds back into PayPal to cover this.

I hope your current venture sinks to the bottom of the ocean... you deserve it...

#21370 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

i cant believe somebody bought that aliens priced at 9200. i cant even stand looking at that pin. btw last year at allentown i believe there were 2 aliens on display. people going nuts over them. i did not want to even play it cause i wanted to play my pin for the first time.

I totally remember trying to get you to play a game with Cam and me. I thought it was cool you were waiting for "your baby" to be the first time you played. Andrew sucks...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside