pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Actual game #2 for you

image.jpg 50 KB

That looks like a picture of Joystix in Houston.

2 months later
#946 9 years ago

This Friday or next Friday?

5 months later
#1829 8 years ago

Will there be an unlimited number shipping for the standard version of Alien?

3 weeks later
#2193 8 years ago

Will there be any artwork reveal by Heighway pinball at the Pinball Expo in Chicago?

1 week later
#2254 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Looking back through this thread it has been 2 months since the last Alien "update" which was the revised layout and shot map cad drawing.

Only 2 months? Seems like 6 months ago. Sometimes time moves too slowly.

1 week later
#2353 8 years ago

It's Showtime!!!!

2 weeks later
#2692 8 years ago

Any possible time frame when the playfield artwork or assembled whitewood will be revealed?

#2693 8 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Even more realistic, we could load up the 'special gases' used on the escape pod.

I have my own special gases that will fill the room. Actually would even clear the room.

#2699 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not yet. I should know more about the playfield art soonish I hope. But can't say yet if it will be good news or bad.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ok. The wait continues. 1 year and counting.

#2701 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The game was simply announced too early. Is what it is, we've discussed why it made sense at the time. It's not so much that making the game itself is taking too long, simply that there were so many unforseen delays before things got really started.

No worries really with me and the timeline. I am worried it will be a game that I want even though I'm not a big fan of the movies. Can't really say I can afford it with all the potenital games coming out in 2016. For me, it is about the game play, light show, and the animations. That will be hard for me to say no to.

I just wanted to show from my post and your response that any company would be going through the same tough, long process as Heighway is with Aliens, just as JJP has with their two games, and same with DP with TBL. It would had been great to keep them all quiet until a working final prototype was finished. But as you said, trying to drum up the interest a little too early can sometimes hurt. Hope not in this case.

Hopefully soon, no company would have to show a game before it is time to put it in production.

1 month later
#3017 8 years ago

Any chance an Aliens prototype and Full Throttle will be at TPF 2016 ?

4 weeks later
#3954 8 years ago

Now we just need a mock up of the playfield sitting in the cabinet with approved artwork.

1 month later
#4960 8 years ago

Only 17 days before TPF starts. Will an Aliens prototype make it?

2 months later
#5695 7 years ago

Guess I will check back in 3 months.

#5702 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Better brace for a four month hiatus - that gets you to mid Sep. Certainly it should be viewable then, right?

I hope so. I need to see the full package before I can be even begin to want this game.

4 months later
#7560 7 years ago

I hope Aliens makes it to the Expo.

#7564 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Im not sure if it will be live streamed, but Heighway confirmed they are filming the presentation

Still pending Fox approval.

3 months later
#10396 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It rings loudly and annoys the crap out of the player.

Has Jack talked about the ability to change the ring tone?

1 week later
#10625 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Our latest YouTube video was shot today from our production line.
The gameplay video is still in the pipeline, and will be released soon.
» YouTube video

That production line video will get you a ton of up votes.

1 week later
#11047 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Kits in 2 weeks! Sweet!

Andrew is saying the design phase for the kits should be done in 2 weeks, meaning kits will shipping sometime after that.

#11055 7 years ago

2nd game shipped today?

1 week later
#11387 7 years ago

"Get underground now!" ---Twister

1 month later
#13002 6 years ago

It is still Alien day somewhere in the world. Keep calm.

7 months later
#19261 6 years ago

063d5ba5af8b0beddb2f7d72a0091232593be21a1 (resized).jpg063d5ba5af8b0beddb2f7d72a0091232593be21a1 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#20799 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'm now waiting on parts to fix my Xeno (just need one $0.50 plastic gear),

Just sayin' that maybe this could be a part that Pinball Life could carry.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=369&pg=1

3 years later
#28737 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed, but for some reason my Alien magnetizes the hell out of the balls..causes them to "follow" each other in the trough and machine would spit them out like crazy. This would be my second guess if the optos check out...

Where did the balls come from that you use in the game?

#28742 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been using Ball Baron carbons in all my games for awhile now ( shiney enough for me). Used Terry's shineys exclusively until he had that supply gap awhile back. Some titles seem to magnetize the balls quicker than others.....

Terry's?

Are you playing all your games the same amount?

I mainly just use standard balls from Pinball Life or Marco and I have not experienced any balls getting magnetized in my TZ. Most times, I even keep balls in my games longer than I should.

I seen many posts over the years that chrome balls magnetize very fast in games with magnets.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Do you think that steel ramps add to the science or no consequence? I've pondered this, but never really took a deep dive....

I don't think so.

Have any Pinball Life balls you can put in TZ?

#28744 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Terry= Pinballife...apologies. I would only use his for years, then think his supplier got a bit wonky and he was out for quite some time...

Do you remember having any of these balls get magnetized in the past, or at least not for a long period?

#28747 2 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Hi thanks for the help guys not exactly sure what I'm looking for but all seems okay? They all say active under single switch too. I tried swapping out pinballs between this and our other Alien but after playing fine with the 1st ball of the game it then went back to shooting out balls all the time just like it did before.
It's like if I empty all balls it behaves but as soon as the first ball drains it then triggers it into keep on shooting balls onto playfield, and continues untill pausing at the door being opened. Could this be pointing at anything?

Drop target 2 and 3 were down when you ran the test? Most likely. Also means you have balls in trough as well.

So raise/reset the drop targets and remove the balls from the trough, while in the active test.
Now it should not be reporting anything. If there is one still reporting as an active switch, then there will be a problem with that opto pair, either transmitter opto or receiver opto. Kinda would be more inclined to say bad solder joints somewhere on the board, either ar the opto or the connector.

1 year later
#29605 12 months ago
Quoted from offworldon:

Hello! Wondering if anyone has had any luck diagnosing and repairing IO boards? I have a few that are bad and I don't want to scrap them. Thanks!

Can't diagnose just off "bad". What's the problem, bob?

10 months later
#30017 33 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello everyone,
we will start a small batch of new improved I/O-Boards next week and I like to pronounce that I'm working on a new release of the rulesheet for our beloved ALIEN.
The new release 1.4 will include some more technical information about Schematics, Wiring Diagrams and Circuit Theory and there will be some more sections regarding Troubleshooting, Nice to have and Tools.
You will find detailed information about how to use a coin controller, activate a hardware knocker, change misaligned Buttons and install a Shaker Motor.
There will also be a section about the ALIEN Tester, which was only produced in a very small number.

Any chance you can call these boards V1.5 or V2.0 or just anything other than V1.4 so it will be obvious as to what board you are selling? Thanks for considering it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.