• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 494.
#13201 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's a little different don't you think? He's received TWO game from Highway and service from Highway already. So not exactly "apples to apples".

He is just pissed since he made a pass at me a while back and i turned him down. Ever since then it is all personal attacks on my character.

#13202 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's a little different don't you think? He's received TWO game from Highway and service from Highway already. So not exactly "apples to apples".

Not saying Heighway is a con artist like the Kuleks, just that Whysnow already got severely roasted defending Predator project, maybe he should hold off being so 'sure' and speaking about another company's operations. I mean, he's already representing the entire state of WI battling the IFPA's new fee... doesn't need to be Heighway's PR dude as well

#13203 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He is just pissed since he made a pass at me a while back and i turned him down. Ever since then it is all personal attacks on my character.

Did I hit on you in the same wet dream where Kevin was delivering Predator LEs and Josh put you in charge of the IFPA?

Seriously, your personality is completely incompatible with me.. I'd shoot myself first. If you read anything more into my "Hi" at Jay's, I'm sorry for your delusions

#13204 2 years ago

Christ let's stick to pinball. This is seriously a slow day at work for some apparently.

#13205 2 years ago

#13206 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Christ let's stick to pinball. This is seriously a slow day at work for some apparently.

Yea no kidding.. no idea where the hell hilton got that idea in his head; obviously nothing of the sort happened. Telling someone not to make the same mistake again is hardly character assassination.

Back to Alien... NPO is a buddy of mine and seeing him get out is disappointing, as I know he really really wanted this game. Hell, I want one, but with no concrete answer to "when will it show up if I pay in full today?" it's hard to consider ordering one.

Andrew, if you're still in the building, the earlier you can definitively answer that question, the better. You probably got hundreds of thousands of dollars in orders just sitting on the sideline waiting on a concrete production schedule. I'd buy one today if I could drive up to Ostrander and load it up tomorrow

#13207 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have my $8175 back. I'm happier than a pig in shit.

Can I borrow $8174?

#13208 2 years ago

. I'd buy one today if I could drive up to Ostrander(cointaker_) and load it up tomorrow
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

#13209 2 years ago

IMG_6886 (resized).png

#13210 2 years ago

I would like to clarify that there is a well respected amusement company based in Australia but trading in many countries, including the USA, called 'Highway Amusements'.

Note the spelling difference between this company and 'Heighway Pinball' - which is named after the founder.

Highway - Heighway.

I have to say that if I owned 'Highway Amusements' I wouldn't be too happy about people using my name in threads of a controversial nature.

EDIT:

Nothing I have said above sleights Heighway Pinball in any way whatsoever. I find it amusing that Heighway Pinball would choose to downvote my post LOL - that's funny! (if in fact the person using the Heighway logo IS actually Heighway - maybe they are not in which case the downvote is just sad)

ScreenHunter_297 Apr. 29 09.10 (resized).jpg

#13211 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I would like to clarify that there is a well respected amusement company based in Australia but trading in many countries, including the USA, called 'Highway Amusements'.
Note the spelling difference between this company and 'Heighway Pinball' - which is named after the founder.
Highway - Heighway.
I have to say that if I owned 'Highway Amusements' I wouldn't be too happy about people using my name in threads of a controversial nature.

So this is a controversial thread? And Heighway is not a respected company?

#13212 2 years ago

Let's take a step back.

They JUST finished the game and JUST started shipping. Where the hell is all this you have to instantly have them made or I'll wet my pants and take my money back coming from? Get real.

and 2. Why in the wide world of sports would you pull your money out RIGHT WHEN THEY START TO SHIP? ? ?

and C. You dudes understand they just finished the game and started shipping and that in no way means there will be 500 of them instantly available correct?

I could see pulling the cash 9 months ago or a year ago...but right when they start to ship?

#13213 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's reasonable. So we need a DAILY update in this thread from Heighway now. That happens in every industry then eh? I must be missing a lot of calls or "forum" posts from companies I guess.

It only happens in industries where prepaid orders take between 3 years and never.

#13214 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So this is a controversial thread? And Heighway is not a respected company?

How about we just get the spelling correct and leave it at that.

I made no reference to Heighway Pinball NOT being respected at all so stop trying to say I did because I most certainly DID NOT!

I certainly DID say that Highway Amusements IS respected, I supply them with parts and also we do a lot of contract work for them so I can only speak about Highway Amusements.

I have had no dealings with Heighway Pinball so I make no comment at all about them.

Read the last few pages of this thread and come back and tell me it is NOT controversial.....if you think that, you must be reading a different thread to me.

My post was purely to correct a spelling error that could cause misunderstandings.

#13216 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You dudes understand they just finished the game and started shipping and that in no way means there will be 500 of them instantly available correct?

To be fair they've been saying the game is almost ready to ship for two years. And while you have a good point about 500 not being instantly available... it's a small world in pinball and I'm surprised that I've heard of less than 5 Aliens making it into people's hands.

#13217 2 years ago

Issue 161 of Pingame Journal has a lot of coverage of Alien pinball. It features in depth interviews of members of Team Alien from both sides of the Atlantic.

#13218 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I've heard of less than 5 Aliens making it into people's hands.

I haven't heard of many people getting _____ but that doesn't make it true.

Don't pay in full people. The kitchen is too hot baby. Stay o-u-t.

#13219 2 years ago

..wrong thread...disregard...

#13220 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Andrew, if you're still in the building, the earlier you can definitively answer that question, the better. You probably got hundreds of thousands of dollars in orders just sitting on the sideline waiting on a concrete production schedule. I'd buy one today if I could drive up to Ostrander and load it up tomorrow

I actually applaud Andrew for not doing this AGAIN. He has given countless definitive answers for when things will happen and every single one of them has been wrong. I'd rather get no answer than a bullshit answer.

I do wish he'd address WHY production isn't in full swing, but I don't want to hear WHEN things will happen from him until they've created a smoothly operating process that could possibly predicted.

If you can't take the waiting or the lack of answers, get out (or don't jump in). The lack of shipping is suspicious for sure, but I believe Alien will ship relatively soon. However, given how hard it is to show a full package with all the features working, I don't want an early game. I'll jump in once all you early adopters flush out the countless issues.

#13221 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Do we know this to be the case?

yes if it wasnt happening then it would be posted all over pinside and the sky would be falling detective cluso!

#13222 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Highway - Heighway.
EDIT:
Nothing I have said above sleights Heighway Pinball in any way whatsoever. I find it amusing that Heighway Pinball would choose to downvote my post LOL - that's funny! (if in fact the person using the Heighway logo IS actually Heighway - maybe they are not in which case the downvote is just sad)

dude that logo is jeff f

stop trying to stir more of the shit pot

#13223 2 years ago

The latest pin game journal is a great read!

14934749560232037072025 (resized).jpg

#13224 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

dude that logo is jeff f
stop trying to stir more of the shit pot

Oh Jesus... going to change my user picture since I don't want to be thought of as a representative of any company. I am just happy as hell with being on the Heighway train and had a buddy make a neon for our basement. Simple. No employee, vendor, or anything else official here. Except maybe being a douche from time to time.

And I thumbs downed the post because it did/does seem like stirring the pot. Again, simple.

#13225 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I actually applaud Andrew for not doing this AGAIN. He has given countless definitive answers for when things will happen and every single one of them has been wrong. I'd rather get no answer than a bullshit answer.

You gotta be more careful with absolutes like that. He did promise LE art by 4/26 and delivered. Absolutes like that are generally only safe if you're giving an opinion, or you're much smarter than the average bear...

#13226 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

EDIT:

Not sad at all... IMO your post came(and still comes) off as a dick post. Thumbs down is here for when people don't agree with what you post. I've been thumbs downed by friends even and it's not offensive in the least to me. Just shows they don't agree.

And I mentioned in another post I had a friend make a Heighway Pinball neon because I'm excited about Heighway Pinball... Alien to be specific. I don't represent any company. I am not part of any company. I am only a hobbiest.

#13227 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Not sad at all... IMO your post came(and still comes) off as a dick post. Thumbs down is here for when people don't agree with what you post. I've been thumbs downed by friends even and it's not offensive in the least to me. Just shows they don't agree.
And I mentioned in another post I had a friend make a Heighway Pinball neon because I'm excited about Heighway Pinball... Alien to be specific. I don't represent any company. I am not part of any company. I am only a hobbiest.

and an enthusiast with an impeccable reputation! i am in as well as you on alien pinball. i can hardly wait to be playing these hopefully soon!

#13228 2 years ago

I just watched the video and super stoked I ordered one. Game looks awesome!!!!!!!

#13229 2 years ago

What the hell is everyone even talking about at this point? This thread is ridiculous. I'm pumped on this game and the art and all that jazz and all I want is to get my game, but I understand that takes time being that Heighway isn't Stern.

#13230 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

What the hell is everyone even talking about at this point? This thread is ridiculous. I'm pumped on this game and the art and all that jazz and all I want is to get my game, but I understand that takes time being that Heighway isn't Stern.

lol. The thread went from zero to crazy faster than that new Dodge Demon.

Chain of events:

Late March 2017: Game makes a splash at TPF. Heighway says, finishing up/revising a couple things then shipping soon.
March/April: A few games start to go out in US and Europe
Late April: Time to FREAK because they haven't shipped them ALL!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Give me my money baaaaack!!!!

It's like the Twilight Zone...not the game, the show.

#13231 2 years ago

Almost feel like draining this thread.
Everyone relax...or start your own pin company and build them yourself. Well see how that goes.

#13232 2 years ago

Need to keep reminding self that "Heighway isn't Stern pinball"

When Jack lied again and again about the status of Woz production schedule for years I think they expected to be able to ramp up and be just like Stern. JJP is about to start on 3rd game in 6 yrs

Even with DI, JJP said we will announce the pin and then be ready to ship it 30 days later just like Stern. The reality is it will take 8 months to ship from announcement

Remember the threads of people running out and checking the amount of cars in the JJP parking lot?

#13233 2 years ago

Okay. Just watched the Alien Day video. Does it seem like the numerous zip-ties for the fiber optics were super-noticeable? Maybe just nit-picking but they seemed somewhat obtrusive. I used to have a Tron with Eli's kit and don't remember that many ties. Maybe there were. I simply don't remember.

Anyhow, looking good. I'm not preordering but if this game pans out like I think it will I can definitely see myself getting one in the future.

#13234 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Okay. Just watched the Alien Day video. Does it seem like the numerous zip-ties for the fiber optics were super-noticeable? Maybe just nit-picking but they seemed somewhat obtrusive. I used to have a Tron with Eli's kit and don't remember that many ties. Maybe there were. I simply don't remember.
Anyhow, looking good. I'm not preordering but if this game pans out like I think it will I can definitely see myself getting one in the future.

The zip ties did jump out to me as well. Not sure if it was because there were so many, they were white, or what. I had a Tron pro with the ramp mod I installed as well.

Maybe the material is such that it needs much closer and frequent anchor points? Maybe they juyst went crazy on the mounts?

#13235 2 years ago

what else can they use?

#13236 2 years ago

Black zip ties. ...zip tie-gate.

#13237 2 years ago

Fishing string?

#13238 2 years ago

I don't give a shit if they use twist ties from bread bags, it's a less than 5 dollar fix and it will take me 5 minutes to do.

#13239 2 years ago

Played it the last 2 days at the GPO 2017 in Berlin and love it.
Software still with some bugs, standard version is a little bit to dark, so you should consider to grab the LE.
The only really irritating thing is the absence of mechanical playfield switches.

#13240 2 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

The only really irritating thing is the absence of mechanical playfield switches.

What is irritating about this?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13241 2 years ago

Why don't they give latest code to people who have one of the 5 that shipped? So they can Beta test and show fans new stuff. Tommy from Flippin' Podcast has been asking for code and does hour long videos on YouTube to show off the game. I say give him the latest software! Geez

#13242 2 years ago

mechanical playfield switches.

you prefer more holes in the playfield?

#13243 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Why don't they give latest code to people who have one of the 5 that shipped? So they can Beta test and show fans new stuff. Tommy from Flippin' Podcast has been asking for code and does hour long videos on YouTube to show off the game. I say give him the latest software! Geez
» YouTube video

1 page back

We have shipped out a good quantity of games and continue to do so every week. We have a good number of customers with Alien games in 6 different countries right now.

#13244 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I don't give a shit if they use twist ties from bread bags, it's a less than 5 dollar fix and it will take me 5 minutes to do.

I mean good lord, what F ing else can people find to whine and cry about! It's hilarious and comical.

Of all the things to discuss with Alien its almost pathetic to be talking about zip ties. WTF

#13245 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

» YouTube video

Haha thanks, I'm sure they will when it's good and ready, game is a lot of fun. I adjusted my upper roll overs last night and they seem to be working better. Will stream it a bit tomorrow.

#13246 2 years ago

DP is done. "Game over"

I hope Andrew can survive long enough to keep making pins so I get mine. Fixed overhead is crushing blow without getting shit out the door.

I'm 1000% behind Andrew and hoping he gets it done.

That said, I have common sense.

My patience meter is on EMPTY.

#13247 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Great. Now I want an Alien Bread Bag LE

#13248 2 years ago

I forget - are they really asking $800 to light up those two ramps? Yeah at those prices I'd say they deserve a critical look... zip ties and all.

#13249 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I forget - are they really asking $800 to light up those two ramps? Yeah at those prices I'd say they deserve a critical look... zip ties and all.

Agreed. Less than impressive imho

#13250 2 years ago

Software still with some bugs

Please feel free to expound here on any bugs you observed. I want to make sure they're fixed.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside