pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3063 8 years ago

How much is this game again? LE and standard?

3 weeks later
#3402 8 years ago

For Aurich's sake, this pf art better be awesome. I'm guessing it is...but when you have a studio approving that can handcuff you a bit.

#3806 8 years ago

It definitely isn't what I expected. Not sure if I like it yet. It's sparser than I thought it would be. I'm definitely not an art critic, but it seems like there are several different styles used...realistic and cartoony. It's not cohesive to my untrained eye. I don't dislike it, but it's definitely not making me feel like I need to go out and pre-order it at this point. It won't hinder any plans to purchase the game like the RZ pf art did for me though either. I think it will look better full size on a pf in person so the details can be seen better. Plastics and lighting will help too.

#3812 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Still, very little contrast between the red, blue and browns.

That's the patch/emblem though...not sure what you want there?

#3850 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Compare side to side:
Original More Contrast and Brightness
Notice how the blue in the original basically blends into the red, due to the low brightness. Makes it hard to read, and when it's tiny on a playfield it'll just look like a smudge.

It won't be that tiny...it will be on a big playfield. I prefer the original to your blown out version to be honest.

#3861 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Loving the Independence Day 2 playfield, just needs some Jeff Goldblum giving you some shit Aurich

Honestly, it does kinda look like a Sega pf at first glance.

#3929 8 years ago

I'm curious as to how the inserts will light...like the multiplier inserts for example, will the pf ink be dark enough to block the light so we just see the numbers lit? I think the black in the mode inserts will do the job and block the light nicely. It's difficult to make an insert a different "shape".

Edit: I'd also like the crosshairs in the target inserts red instead of white too. White will get lost.

#3933 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

OK, here's a quick and nasty mock-up. Best I could do with the very lo-res shot map. At least it gives you an general idea of where things will go.
full-playfield_+_shot_map_(resized).jpg

It needs stretched vertically. It's way off at the top, but gives a good idea of it anyways.

#3945 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I would think those inserts are a tribute to the "I" in the Heighway Pinball take on how they are using it as you see on their side art graphic for the SE.

Uh, that's not Heighway Pinball's "take" on it. That's the Aliens "I". Was this a failed joke post?

#3984 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wow and you were ripping on Rob Zombie! Not impressed.

The RZ pf looks like a pile of feces next to this pf...and this pf is just above average! IMO.

#4045 8 years ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

Please don't give Aurich this much credit for the Hobbit playfield. People might start to think he was the one who created it. One or two suggestions from him were implemented. And those were about the first reveal and not the final version.
JP

Yes. JP, who did the amazing LCD animations for both WOZ and Hobbit did the pf art for Hobbit. The first pass was good, but the final version is spectacular. Really, really good. He deserves probably 99.9% of the credit on that masterpiece.

Edit: just realized that WAS JP responding there...it's really amazing work JP. And it's your first pf too, right?

#4130 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Guys, no need to argue.
You're never going to please everyone, and I wouldn't even try to. I'm always open to suggestions, I don't think I'm always right. I'm sure we'll adjust some things.
My suggestion? Wait for the game to be populated, because that's what I'm doing. I haven't seen the playfield with all the ramps and mechs etc myself. If something needs adjusting then I'll take care of it, within whatever constraints the license has on us.
In the meantime people are free to have opinions.

You haven't seen a populated game with toys?? Shouldn't art be last to integrate smoothly with the layout and toys?

#4202 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No VUK, it's all ball momentum. It's a short metal ramp that double back on itself, sort of C shaped, so you shoot the ball, it rides up and over back towards you, and drops into the wireform return. Hence reverse ramp, since it switches direction.

It's the monkey "ramp" from POTC pretty much I'd guess.

3 weeks later
#4627 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I promise you nothing about this game will be generic. We're infusing the films into everything we do. Every discussion we have is centered around being true to the films, this game is being built by real fans. I know seeing the playfield in a vacuum was tough, you have to imagine a lot of things you know nothing about. Wait until we can show the full package.
So no one needs to worry about playing a game that won't feel like Alien.
I know it's slow, we're making great progress, frankly the delays are mostly in the rear view mirror at this point I hope. Fall was tough, we really got held up waiting on things. We're no longer in wait mode.

Have you seen a populated playfield? Just curious on the process...

#4633 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff nothing from that piece of shit Prometheus please.

Well, nothing but Charlize.

#4649 8 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

This is a long read, but well worth it. You'll never look at Prometheus the same way again....
http://m15m.livejournal.com/23209.html
"POW! Alien dick snake, in your face!"
Later,
EV

Pretty funny...thanks.

#4651 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I liked Prometheus, it was a cool movie when you take into consideration the crap that is mostly put out these days. I thought the special FX were cool and the story wasn't bad. What exactly is the complaint most people had with it?

Plot holes and nonsense abounds in that movie.

#4666 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

In Prometheus they also say "this mission costs a trillion dollars" and later the pilots are betting "credits" as to whether or not they'll find anything.
It's like the script didn't even read itself, so to speak.
What about the biologist who is scared of a dead alien, then tries to touch a living one after getting lost with the guy in charge of making maps?
Abortion scene was great. BUT how did the creature grow that big so fast inside a 90 lb woman? And then grow even bigger locked in a chamber with nothing to eat?

Did you take your head scratching profile pic while watching Prometheous?

#4737 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

2) Not sure how to describe it, but I like the use of "negative space" on all the mode inserts, so that the lettering will change color based on the LED underneath the insert. That's a cool effect

Just like The Shadow's...will be cool with RGBs.

#4791 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

that is a really good thing. hope there will not any dimple like with stern playfields

It will dimple the same way, but because it's so dark you won't see them too much.

#4792 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This game is going to be positively dripping with f—ing aliens. If you don't like it the don't buy it, I couldn't care less. But if you don't buy it because you can't see any aliens you're gonna want to spend your money on some glasses.

Don't get sucked in...it's his opinion. You do have to look for the aliens to be honest, but this also is just a blank pf. You can't judge until everything is shown together (pf, plastics, ramps, toys).

1 week later
#4882 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hmmmm. Stretching 1 story into 3 or in this case 4 movies reminds me of another franchise that had short people with hairy feet.

Eh, I was entertained with those movies. They aren't spectacular or anything, but decent popcorn viewing. They were better than Prometheus at least. It's more Aliens, that's good!

#4906 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It's rumored they have the license! Wouldn't that make for a great pin! From what I understand the old Sega version still does well on route!

That theme is a gold mine...the old pin still kills on route. Surprised another hasn't been released. TONS of source material.

1 month later
#5322 8 years ago

The motion tracker is in the same spot...and they got Ripley! Sweet.

1 week later
#5417 7 years ago

I wonder reliable how the under-playfield switches will be over time. Very cool though.

#5432 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Awesome updates! Since guys were posting pics of vintage arcades, I had to share these. Can you guess which two new pinballs I'm excited about?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I really liked Sunset Riders back in the day...

2 weeks later
#5765 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Woah, slow down, slow it way down.
Even you, as misguided as you "expletive" may be, know the difference between Jack and Andrew. If not, then you are an "expletive".

The difference is two games released instead of just one.

#5805 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, Jack did it to himself. A salesman that just can't get past only telling people what they want to hear.
I appreciate Woz, TH and what's coming in the future now with the new $$$ and management.
Jack's distortions certainly weren't limited to Pinside. He just got called out here. The Google group is more of a controlled environment

Oh absolutely. You can't trust anything he says. But still, he has released two fantastic games.

3 weeks later
#6445 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Mr Thiel's comments on the licensing issues on Alien are very telling during his commentary on the work he is doing for Alien.
I don't think we have anything to worry about. What he has shared is very telling and so far it sounds amazing. From the tidbits gleened from the Alien portion of the shared twitch feed it has exceeded my expectations already and can only get even better as the work continues and more assets are nailed down.
The music fits with the tension the 2 movies evoke and is making for great immersion in that universe. Thanks for sharing this video feed.
If you listen from where the Alien portion begins all the way to the end, much can be learned about the state of this pin. It's in good hands and should reflect as an awesome compliment to the genre it's designed within.

Sound/music will be spectacular with Thiel at the helm.

I played Full Throttle a few times at the PNW show over the weekend. Hate the theme, but the game played very smooth and flowed well. My problem with it was: the game played great early in the day, but by ~2/3 of the way through the day the flippers couldn't make the ramps anymore. I suppose from flippers getting hot? Playing it at that point really sucked and left a terrible impression.

#6452 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What are the dimensions of the LCD screen on the backbox? Is it classic pinball shape (like with the Big Lebowski) or a larger rectangle as in Wizard of Oz?

Like WOZ/Hobbit

1 month later
#6788 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yet with every passing month, they get closer and closer to being in the same territory time wise. Alien is already well over a year late (was supposed to be ready by April 2015).

Yep...about half a year to go.

1 week later
#6907 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I had placed an order for an Alien LE with Melissa, but this morning I changed it. I ordered the Full Throttle LE with the big screen and black cabinet AND the Alien LE conversion kit. Next week I should know my FT LE game number and she said the FT LE delivery will be in 2-3 weeks. Gonna be a long 3 weeks!

Dude, you got GB and Hobbit...won't be THAT long of a wait.

3 weeks later
#7098 7 years ago

I gotta say I'm looking forward to this reveal...have zero interest in FT, but this looks like it could be a winner. Lots of potential. Still, I'll be waiting for a final shipping product before deciding.

3 weeks later
#7408 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry, I don't have any special knowledge here, aside from knowing that every light on the game, GI or insert or otherwise, is RGB. I couldn't tell you how it compares to JJP. I do know Hobbit has some nice insert lighting effects, but they went back to white GI. We definitely plan to use color changing GI effects as part of the atmosphere on the game. But since I don't have a proto yet and haven't seen anything in person I can't speak to how it will all work out exactly. That's the kind of thing that takes some in-person balancing and polish.

Yeah, I feel JJP made a mistake removing the RGB GI. The mood changes were awesome in WOZ...there were other, better ways to improve the GI. Shame. I look forward to Alien's GI! Can't do rainbow type stuff obviously, but greens and blues and purples...reds! All will look awesome!

1 week later
#7528 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

...cmon Andrew, show us your missle!

Whoa man, this is a family site.

2 weeks later
#7940 7 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

How dare they remove the manual plunger!

TZ?

#8240 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Simmer down you drunk. I'm playing pinball.
It's nothing about alien. Just a few jabs at a competitor.

If he said in there he wouldn't care if you said it here...why the secrecy?

#8258 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Why would you send more money to Andrew Heighway at this point? Let's look at the facts.
1. Andrew hasn't fulfilled his full throttle orders. Ask him. Coin Taker hasn't even gotten their orders filled. Ask them.
2. The US Heighway team has NEVER seen a physical game yet. The first they saw it was at Expo. They've been designing the game virtually.
3. Denis Nordman said at Expo he was never paid.
4. Andrew has ex employees suing him for unpaid wages
5. His game is based on Ripley yet S.Weaver denied them permission....seriously...Zen Pinball got permission.
All you have to do is ask Andrew himself if he's shipped more than 100 Full Throttles and that's all you need to know. 4.5 years...4 factories. Countless employees. Does that sound like a man who has money to build you Alien pin. You're all fools and it's gonna be hysterical when you fail to see the truth.

2 months later
#9732 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

As promised, here is a sneek preview of the replacement for the Queen's Chamber.
The original concept was to have a 5" Airlock LCD screen on the rear of the rotating toy. The Airlock screen will now permanently replace the Queen's Chamber.
Featuring the next mode to collect, countdown timers and more - this is an independently-controlled LCD screen.
The photos show the prototype unit. Please ignore the cable at the top and the alignment/ratio of the screen. The positioning and angle of the screen is also subject to change.
This does not necessarily mean the end of the Queen model. She may yet appear elsewhere on the playfield - but likely as an official after-market add-on/mod.

So, basically the screen in TH. Cool.

#9794 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I like both, but personally I like Sterns placement/sizing the best out of all the current LCD options, it allows for the best of both worlds, a good size screen with plenty of room for nice animations and a good size translite, if I can always have both its the choice I would always make, I love seeing translite art when my games are off, its pinball

I don't really get wanting to have some static art you never really look at over a large animated display. Who really looks at backglass art when the game is off? When it's on you're playing it.

2 weeks later
#10089 7 years ago

So, did any of these bad boys ship yet?

#10139 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm really curious to see what that sign says...
"Coming 20___"
What? 17? 18?

LOL!

1 week later
#10414 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Cool opinion. I find a pin about a phone that could destroy the world interesting. The game is like "Whirlwind 3000" with the natural disaster warnings starting and getting canceled (Pat Lawlor for you). The side flipper to lock a ball, magnets whipping things all over the place, and an enemy that attacks your flippers during multiball. If you shoot the enemy targets when they're attacking you you score a super jackpot. Holograms that you can shoot, super cool combos, a futuristic city getting destroyed on the backglass, and the game (in the vid) wasn't 20% finished. And yeah, Keith Johnson is coding it. But I'm sure you knew all that
Back on topic...
Aliens looks like a great game. Build it/ship it.

I'm warming up to the theme, but it still has bad art in places and a terrible main mom jeans character. The game itself shoots great and will be awesome though, no doubt. The phone is a good toy IMO.
Keith Johnson isn't the lead software guy on the game by the way. Ted Estes is. I'm sure Keith is assisting and they're collaborating a bit, but this game is Ted's game. But you knew all that...or did you?

#10418 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Can u guys go and talk about DI in a "Dialed In Thread' its making me very uncombfortable, unless an Alien is going to come from nowhere and kill fix it man and whatever that lady is in the back, taking out the cell phone at the same time. Please.

Back on track...any of these bad boys ship yet?

#10420 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Dialed In? No.

Literally LOLed.

1 week later
#10633 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not at this stage. I'd love to finish my Metallica mod at some point, see what happens with that, until Alien is done I don't feel like I can devote time to personal pinball projects.
We'll see. I like how I explained why I'm not around and it got 3 downvotes. Typical pathetic Pinside attitude, but thanks for making my point for me.
Whatever, it's not about me, it's about the game, and as you can see from that video it's far from vaporware.

Your work on Alien isn't done? Where is the LE art?

#10653 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Stds are getting ready not the LEs yet, looking good, figured there would be more sitting at 90% waiting on a part or two.
My guess is the LE art is either not approved or they are waiting and keeping it a surprise

I'm betting it's not approved, but why not just say that?

1 week later
#10854 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ambiguous question, there are two upper flippers.
The only way to feed the upper left flipper is to shoot the Vent 1 saucer, which ejects the ball so it drops past the upper left flipper. From there several shots are possible, including the right ramp, Chestburster lane, Vent 2 lane, or APC drop targets.
The upper right flipper can be fed by shooting the Chestburster lane from either the upper left flipper or (difficult but possible) the lower left flipper. The ball will bounce off a standup at the end of that lane and drop past the upper right flipper. This lane will also be fed ~50% of the time when the ball exits the egg bumpers. However the ball reaches the upper right flipper, again several shots are possible, including the upper/center ramp, the Vent 3 loop, or the Airlock.

Wasn't there a magnet that pulled the ball over from a loop shot too?

3 weeks later
#11590 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am definitely not getting one with a screen in the backglass. If the screen in the PF tells me the exact same identical information as the backglass, that to me, is a waste of money. Having it in an arcade environment, that I can understand having the big screen. At home though, no way - saving my money there.

$550.00
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/

You don't play multi-player games?

1 week later
#11842 7 years ago

If there is anything to be worried about on this pin, the audio is NOT one of them! David Thiel is a master at his craft and without really hearing much of the game I can pretty much guarantee it will be straight fantastic audio-wise even without the licensing.

1 week later
#12210 7 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

So many shots! Very sweet machine Andrew and co. have put together here.

It does look nice!

#12240 7 years ago

Meh, I think the standard art is actually better. Cleaner.

#12356 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

A similar thing happens on a hobbit a friend of mine has. The right wire form causes the ball to spin from the inlane to the outlane. Super frustrating when it happens, but that's pinball. If it was my game id be right in there tweaking to get it working "properly", but some people don't mind...
Still worth trying to minimize it as much as possible!

Yep, tweak the wireform. Easy enough of a fix.

4 weeks later
#13023 6 years ago

Hmmm...while the backglass looks great (fantastic even), it doesn't match the style of the rest of the art. Plus, I would assume most are going for the big display anyways so the whole thing is moot. On the fence on the fiber optics too...not a fan of how they are attached to the ramps and not sure the neon look is right for this theme. Standard machine with upgrades is the way to go IMO. Hope these start getting mass produced soon.

#13037 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Why do people here judge immediately based on a minute of video ?

Because it's all we got.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Same thing with the playfield when it was shown. Now almost everybody loves it.

They do? My opinion of it hasn't changed *cough*sega*cough*.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

The ramp lighting is RGB so it can and i suppose will blend in with the game VERY good and it will be something special i hope. Cannot jump to a conclusion right now about that seeing it only in attract.

Agree. If they keep the color to predominantly green and blue or even off most time with splashes it will look fine. Throw some red flashes in there for key events. It could be really great. We'll see. The color shown in the video wasn't a good one though.

#13083 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Man, the lighting on that game is incredible.

I was actually thinking it was even darker than a stock WOZ. You can't see any of artwork in a dark room! This thing is going to need a pinballbulbs kit!

1 week later
#13587 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

RZ is a decent game

Lost all credibility right there.

#13601 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Which is strange because lighting is about the easiest thing to set up
Woz was terrible too. Had to add lighting kit

Yeah, don't know why they copied WOZ...and then continued it from Full Throttle into Alien. You CAN do some bitchin effects with it though, but it really is too dark for a dark room.

1 week later
#13794 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Aren't you the guy who glued children's beads all over his metallica and coloured the sparky with markers? Clearly not everyone is going to share your opinions on what looks awesome or not. I for one, don't. We all get it that you dont like the look of the ramps..really time to move on from it though

Would love to see pics of that!

#13885 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Where do you get Mylar big enough for the screen? I wonder too what shape the scoop Mylar should be cut to?

TAP Plastics or an equivalent type of store.

#14026 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought Prometheus was better..sorry...

Worse than that dumpster fire??? No way...can't possibly be.

#14111 6 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I got to play one Sunday, It was OK at best...
The ALIEN head was missing, it was NOT in the game when shipped.
highway robbery perhaps

Don't you mean Heighway robbery?

#14256 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can confirm this. 3 months in and going strong.
I can only imagine once the xeno head is working and the casuals go bonkers for that...
A complete production game will surely do better than our pre production, and the preproduction is still dominating the location.

Well, it kinda helps that you have one of the few in existence...

#14757 6 years ago

Invest? LOL...fools.

#15000 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

For me it wasn't hate, but definitely indifference. The game shot and flowed well, but it was all just "make shots to beat the other bikes" ... lots of motorcycle noises and some cheering; can't really remember anything else, and that's the problem.. it was just unmemorable. Never got any feel of animostity towards the blue biker, never heard any humor or fun quotes. For me it was a good game to play on location but I never considered buying one for home play. Compare to RZSSI.. "Let's go f*ck up some demons!" when you start a game.. Rob himself cussing you out when you mess up American Witch.. Captain Spaulding calling you an asshole and/or talking up his awesome fried chicken as you're bashing him.. the game just oozes personality.

LOL! I'd take a Full Throttle over that turd called RZ, and I'm no fan of Full Throttle.

#15015 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm not going to gloss over RZ's problems... as it sits now, it's rather broken from a scoring/competitive standpoint. However, I've had no physical issues with my game; the glaring problems are all software related, and Spooky is working hard at rewriting the code. I'm confident the game will turn out to be great once they're done.

For me it's the layout and absolutely atrocious pf art...can't fix those. It's just not for me. That's ok, lots of people hate games I own. Different strokes.

#15056 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is happy to announce we will feature the Northwest debut of ALIEN this weekend at the show! Alien will be in the Nitro Pinball booth the entire 3 days of the show on free play, so get your game on!
The 2017 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show takes place June 9th - 11th at the Tacoma Convention Center in Washington State! The show features over 400 pinball and arcade machines from the 1950s to today, tournaments, world record high score attempts, vendors, seminars, guest speakers, raffles and prizes. This convention draws 4,000 collectors, players and fans of classic coin-op games.
This is our 10th show! Expect more games, more tournaments, more vendors, more speakers and lots of cool things to see and do! All 400+ games at the show will be on freeplay the entire weekend! We will have Houdini, Alien, 2 Dialed Ins, a P3, 20 of the latest Sterns including 2 new AC/DC Vault Editions, a number of homebrew pinball and arcade games!

With or without a working xenomorph?

1 week later
#15189 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in the case of Jpop, 25 people did eventually get games and the value of those games seems to have gone up ~4k from purchase (despite being nothing more than a box of blinky lights made to stay off litigation)
in the case of TBL, 50? people have gotten games and some appear to think they are now doubled in value
in the case of Alien, 24 people have gotten games
So far, Predator is the big flop. Only thing we have gotten there is hours of entertainment and the knowledge that Kevin and crews lives are misserable because of what they all did.
I agree the pre-order is stupid all around, but providing the reasoning why it still lives on. When only 1 company has been a 100% flop, there are potential upsides for people.

25 JPOP games were delivered?

In the case of JPOP, over a HUNDRED people got effed with RAZA and AIW.

About two HUNDRED people are currently getting effed by DP with TBL.

HUNDREDS of people are currently getting effed by Heighway with Alien.

Everyone in Predator got effed.

Everyone was in on these games before all these failures actually happened. I'd like to hope that pre-orders don't live on with new companies.

3 weeks later
#15496 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I don't need a new playfield - mine is fine. I do need new Xeno mech/board and new GI LED's before I can update code.

For the most part, my top 5 changes like the wind. The only pin that's been consistently on my top five list is Williams FirePower. I like a good mix of classic late 70's/early 80's pins with some new modern pins.
1) Firepower
2) Alien
3) Metallica
4) Paragon / Genie (widebody)
5) AC/DC / Star Trek
Even though I love Metallica, it's for sale. After owning it for over a year, I'm ready for a change. For the most part, that has been my pattern with the new pins. I'll get 'em, LOVE playing 'em, but after a year or so I'm ready to move on. It was the same with AC/DC, Star Trek and Ghostbusters. They are great fun for a while, but don't keep my long term interest.
So far, Alien has been different. I can see keeping it for a while. I *LOVE* the theme, and it's a hard pin to play, so it's still very challenging to me. And probably the biggest thing for me - the sounds. I've said before but it bears repeating, David T did an AMAZING job with the audio on this pin. It's immersive rather than irritating. Oh, and the lighting (even though mine is not working 100%) is still the best I've seen on any pin. Throw on an excellent code base/rule set, and you've got a winning combination.
...and I'm still on version 0.94. I've heard lots of great things about the updates...and can't wait to be able to experience 'em.

Top 5 became a top 7 I see.

#15558 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Thank you so much I'm extremely happy that the work works for you.
Several NWPAS shows ago there was a line of Gottlieb games in chronological order. I hadn't played some of them (Krull, for instance) since I left Gottlieb/Mylstar in 1983. It was great.
I'm really happy that these have survived (and not been turned into MS Pacmans).
Dave Marston, in introducing me for my recent Pintastic talk, said something about my having done this over four decades. Yeow, while correct, it kinda threw me. I intend to keep doing this well into a fifth decade creating audio that makes games more fun.
ddt

You're the best audio guy out there currently in my book!

1 week later
#15675 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks like Alien is making it's way up the rankings, now sitting at number 23!

Well, not now that you announced it. Watch it tumble!

2 weeks later
#15921 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

While I'm not aware of another game that has a "Reset Tilt Warnings" award, Dr. Dude comes close, with a "Add 1 Tilt Warning" mystery award.

WOZ and (I think TH) have that too.

#15931 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Do they? I didn't know that. I have minimal time on WOZ... somewhat more on Hobbit, but I never noticed that award. Should've figured Keefer would come up with that.

Not the "reset warnings", but the "add a warning" like Dr Dude. I don't know of any reset ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.