• 24,463 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (2 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (2 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Post #11372 Nordman outline for Alien Posted by solarvalue (2 years ago)

Post #11389 CAD comparison of final Aliens vs Nordman drawing Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (2 years ago)

Post #11417 Gameplay from Heighway as of 2/28/17 Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13008 Andrew reveals the LE artwork and ramp installation in an alien day video Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13013 Andrew confirms LE art is finally approved by fox Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #13022 Andrew explains the artist difference for the LE backglass Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #14488 Andrew returns, hints at big announcement coming in a few days. Posted by HeighwayPinball (1 year ago)

Post #15501 Copy of update posted to Facebook by the new HP Posted by Dust2000 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We respect your opinions, and many of them were addressed just now on our official Heighway Pinball thread:

Can't say Andrew doesn't try to provide as much information as possible to the public. Thanks for addressing all of his concerns in clear understandable terms.

4 weeks later
#2552 3 years ago

Just placed my pre-order for the LE. I put in the notes to have option to choose between the large or small backbox screen. I think we need to see the difference between the 2 to really make a choice. Heighway had no problem with doing it this way. I can't wait for this game!!!

1 month later
#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You're going to want the big screen....Aurich is still gonna rock it art wise, on the LE, and no way are you gonna want to see some of these clips on a small screen!!!....

Get the big screen and then use a swapbox to mount Aurich's artwork. Best of both worlds. My LE order has been in and I'm going to go with both!

1 month later
#4010 3 years ago

I've been on the LE pre-order list now for sometime. Aliens is a title I always wanted done and after seeing Full Throttle, I new Heighway would do an amazing job. I don't know what I was expecting for the playfield but I thought it might be darker. I'm not disappointed or thrilled as of now. It's also hard to tell how it's going to look until it's all together. Keep up the great work guys!
Can't wait for the final product!

1 month later
#4739 3 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Beautiful playfield and the clear looks nice and shiny. Prolly in the minority, but wish it hit me over the head as Alien. Doesn't do that for me as it stands. Can't wait to see it in person and populated with all the toys, mechs, etc. Look fwd to seeing the finished product. Keep up the good work guys!

I agree with you. My expectations were also more Alien. The darker the better. Hoping the final product is going to make this a worthwhile pre-order purchase. Looking forward to also seeing the final product!

8 months later
#8596 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

think someone mentioned it not long ago, what about this possible black nickel trim selection that was mentioned awhile back? I don't love chrome on this machine at all and with being an LE I am kind of worried the green is not going to translate well from game to game and not 100% sure it is all going to be interchangeable(I have e-mail in to Andrew to try and understand better). Just wondering if anyone heard any other update at the show, I wasn't able to catch up with him to talk.

Great question as I agree 100% with you. Chrome is not a great choice for this title and I would like to have the black nickel as an option. I ordered my LE from the beginning and if I'm stuck with the green as the only option, I'll send the trim out for the black nickel treatment. Hoping Andrew comes thru with the nickel option. The darker the better on this game!

#8600 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Just an idea, if the black nickle isn't available and you still don't want the LE color after it gets revealed maybe you could request your LE with the SE trim and decide what to do from that point?

Something to think about. Thanks...

#8602 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But either gloss black or satin black on all metal surfaces would look good IMO.

Yeah, I think these options are good also.

3 weeks later
#9230 2 years ago

Ok, So I went thru Cointaker and had Melissa recently reach out to Andrew about purchasing a FT. Melissa has sent him multiple e-mails and still no response. I'm on the pre-order list for a Alien Le so I'm invested in his success. I know Andrew has a lot going on right now but like the previous post stated-make an effort to contact customers back. It's a concern.

1 month later
#9711 2 years ago
Quoted from KevinG-ATL:

Anyway, my 2 cents.
Kg

Since your dead, can I have your LE. Great Picture!!!!

1 week later
#9930 2 years ago

Anyone else holding off sending in the next payment. I pre ordered a LE from the start but would love to see a finished LE. Any reason besides moving up the list in terms of receiving the game sooner than later. Any thoughts on early games produced having issues with later games being more solid. Looking forward to having this beast in my game room this year!!!

#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

It would be nice to know what us LE buyers are getting, at this point all aspects except maybe final mounting of the new lcd you'd think should be compleated.
Im sure some guys may want to swap their order to a standard if they dont feel the LE package is worth the extra cash.
Pictures and a final feature matrix would be great.

Yeah, this is what I mentioned in a earlier post. Before I put any more money down, I'd like to see the finished LE.

1 week later
#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Correct. In the morning techs were trying to get the Alien games going in the HP booth. In the afternoon the games were taken from the showfloor. Not sure that's such a smart move as now there were only flyers, banners, promotional plastics and a sticker available

This is why I haven't made my next payment yet. Wishing Heighway all the best but who knows when the standard or LE's are going to ship. I have no problem waiting.

#10351 2 years ago

For all you LE pre-order's. What do you think will be the actual time frame when the game is delivered to you. My guess at this point would be April, 2017. I'm dying every time I see more released. I'm soooo... hyped!!!

2 weeks later
#10876 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I notice none of you give a year in your estimate

At this point, I'm hoping for a LE delivery in 2017. Given up on the month estimate.

1 week later
#11197 2 years ago

I'll be making my next requested payment when I see the LE on that truck. Or at least pictures of the game in the finished state. Go Heighway!!!

2 weeks later
#11814 2 years ago

Just made my next payment. Getting close and I'm excited for #175!

1 month later
#12960 2 years ago

At what point(including me) should people who paid in full or put down deposits panic. It seems the SE's should be ramped up for production and the LE's minus the artwork in some sort of production. How many more delays and time frames gone by are acceptable. If you don't receive your game this year, what do you do? Truthfully, the longer this goes in 2017, the more concerned I'm becoming.

#13009 2 years ago

Can anyone come up with a justified reason why the SE's are not being produced at this point. I'm not sure you shouldn't be worried for purchasing a SE or LE. How many games actually were(are) built and shipped out. Why isn't there a production line and if there is why wouldn't Andrew show it or give us something to calm our decision of purchase.

1 month later
#15010 1 year ago

Ok, I'm out. Just got off the phone with my CC company and was able to get my most recent payment posted back to me. Still out original 1500.00 but will work on that at a future date. Too many unanswered questions for now. And like others have mentioned, if the game gets produced, I can always add one down the road. Such a shame. So excited for this title. Now I'm just angry as Andrew promised me on my last payment LE's being built and getting ready to ship.

4 months later
#18331 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Nope. I definitely made mistakes as well

Like lying to customers like me and stating the Le's are in production and it's time to send in the next payment to lock in your order and have your game shipped? By coming back on this forum, all you do is bring up bad memories for people who trusted you. I never need to see any posts from you. Just go away, please.

2 weeks later
#18671 1 year ago

Why would anyone at this point put money towards this game. I was in from the start on a LE. I wasn't comfortable with many situations dealing wth the new team and received my refund only because of pressure from the CC company towards new Heighway. No reason to keep the people requesting refunds to not get them. NONE!!! You'll never stand a chance if you can't do the right thing for these people. You will lose many potential buyers like myself and ultimately fail as a company. Good luck to all still trying.

1 week later
#18885 1 year ago

Took my Alien LE refunds and put it towards a AFMR LE. Too much drama
and unknowns with this pin to think i could purchase a LE and receive it any time soon. I'm happy again and looking forward to a outstanding new pin.

2 weeks later
#19163 1 year ago

Before Christmas huh? Funny.

2 months later
#20216 1 year ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I just got an email from Cointaker asking me to pay off my LE, and that a container is on the way.

Anyone else get contacted by them?

Why not pay off when game is actually in their warehouse?

3 weeks later
#20405 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alien is an absolute classic. So unique and unbelievable atmosphere. Alien all the one. It's the more complete game.

Says the seller of his holy grail.

#20441 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Never never ever preorder a pin from a pinball company that has never ever made a pin before.

They did make a pin before. Full Throttle.

1 month later
#21324 1 year ago

Put me on that list of being lied to. When you contacted me and said you were staring at my LE game ready to ship and you needed my next payment. We're you being honest. Karma will get you sooner or later. You sir are a piece of shit!

#21596 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When will their be an official communication on the standing of all preorders?

Here's the official communication-F you, we stole your money and not giving it back! Every one of these 'new' investors and Andrew should rot in Hell

#21754 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Heighway Re-Birth refunded my paid direct to Heighway LE machine cost in full last August or Sept. I had been in since Feb 2015. I was lucky, and their track record was not consistant obviously....but the new company was trying to make things right, at least initially.

Not my case. They wouldn't respond to my emails or calls after I informed them I wanted a refund in that same timeframe. I was lucky enough to have the CC company work on my behalf to obtain my deposits. It seemed they wouldn't respond to them either. Credit to my account even after over a 1 year time frame.

2 months later
#22672 10 months ago

Warranty, that's funny!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
15,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
$ 50.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neverahighscore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside