pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm also tempted to pull the trigger on this title, but a preorder with nothing but a schematic of the pf?

Nope. If all 600 are gone, life goes on. When I see more details I'll jump on board.

I'm on the same page. If the LEs are spoken for by the time there is a real working prototype, then there is still the standard version you can pickup for cheaper. If the game sells enough units, you can bet that the beacons and fiber optic lamp lights will come out as a aftermarket mod.

#223 9 years ago

I'm certainly interested and have some cash and space for it, but I'm waiting for sure. I'm not worried at all about availability. I would want the silver trim and am certain that the beacons and fiber optics could be added later either through a Heighway offering or another source (if the game is truly a hit and many units are sold). I like keeping my powder dry until a real game is about ready to ship. No worries here.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Love that I can just add the Alien later. These guys rock!!!

I like this approach and well. I've always hated selling games and the pain of moving them. With this we can keep our old games and swap out at a fraction of the cost with a new game, keeping the cabinet and then swap back when we are ready get that old game back in the lineup again. More games with less space and money.

#248 9 years ago

That one you have with Vader on Mustafar (I'm assuming) is pretty cool.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

although it could go as high as 2100 depending on the size of the beacons that we finally use.

Go with bigger beacons. It will look more authentic. Besides, bigger is better! Right?

1 month later
#542 9 years ago

The more I look at that shot layout, the more interesting it appears. That upper left flipper to the ball lock looks like a tight shot, that would have to be dropped first from the ramp or out from the right loop. Then it VUKs up to the upper right flipper. I'll bet it will be a key shot. Dennis did a good job on this. I wish he could have stayed on board.

1 month later
#671 9 years ago

Its hard not to get excited over this game. My only continued concern at this point, is the loss of Nordman. I hope they have some good talent to see this through.

3 weeks later
#780 9 years ago

Very good! This is currently a distant number 1 as my next purchase at this point. Keep it coming.

1 month later
#894 9 years ago

The piece that I'm still curious about is that if you purchase an LE and the cabinet/trim is specific to a certain game, how is that going to impact future add-on games you purchase? I mean the black glossy cabinet with green trim for an Alien LE may not look right with whatever the next game is. Maybe getting an LE is more for those that just plan to buy the whole units everytime? This is one of the big reasons I'm leaning more towards the standards.

#910 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Then what makes it "LE"?
There would be no point in anybody buying an LE from a collectable standpoint if you could just buy a regular version and make it one.
If there are no differences, by adding all the features for the regular, then I'd have to rethink my LE decision.

If you cannot add the beacons and ramp lights, there is no way I would be purchasing a standard either. What a tightrope these guys have to walk with these limited editions. I'm not going to preorder, yet I require a full featured game when I do purchase. So, you impact LE sales or standards either way.

#914 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think he did say the beacons and ramp light kits would be options. I'm sure all models will be " full featured" ...I just don't understand the rub of getting everything an LE has at an SE price.
My TAF is "standard" ( and one of my favorite machines), don't even think about Gold
SM...same thing
TRONLE.....played them both, liked the LE better, and bought one..extra price was worth it for me ...
What's wrong w choices?

I'm totally for choices, I just don't like being forced to pre-order to get a full featured game (not saying that is the case here). I would like to have the choice of the games, once I've seen the fully populated playing game. If the beacons and ramp lights are addable, then I'll make the choice of an LE or standard once the full games have been released. That is if LEs are still available.

#938 9 years ago

Seriously looking forward to some updates.

#954 9 years ago

As long as this game is hardcore when its finished, all will be well in Pinside land.

3 months later
#1256 8 years ago

I always hate losing money, even in smaller amounts. It's really hard to make a purchase decision or cash reservation at this point, at least to me it is. We really only know the theme here. It's a cool theme for sure, but without a visual of the playfield layout (since its changed we cannot use the old one as reference), art, and pricing for standard add-ons, its really hard to commit for me. I know it's supposedly refundable and so far Heighway is doing everything right, but how many people have a FT sitting in their game rooms? It wouldn't take too much in the way of wrong moves for the general sentiment to make a hard turn on Heighway, we've seen it before with other companies.

On another note, I'm not one to drop 8k on a game (not that I can't afford it, just a personal limit), so the LE is likely going to be a pass for me either way. I can't imagine how special it would have to be to get me to change that position, though I suppose its not impossible.

One other thing worth mentioning here. I have found almost without exception, that anytime I make a decision based on emotions, it's pretty much always a bad one. I make better decisions when I settle down and gather all the facts first.

#1349 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

It is called "business". As far as taking advantage of anyone, this is a niche luxury product. No one is being taken advantage of as no one needs a pinball machine, new or otherwise. If all you want to do is play pinball you can find locations (somtimes), or buy cheaper older machines.
Vote with your wallet if you don't like the prices, but playing the victim when it comes to pinball is just silly.

Called first world problems. It's kind of like forgetting your smart phone when you go to take a crap. Ohh the humanity!! Ten minutes with no entertainment just likely ruined my day.

#1355 8 years ago

I like how these used a picture of the eagle nebula in the background. That one always had a somewhat creepy look to it anyway.

1 week later
#1533 8 years ago

Love this game so far. Standard for me. I have no doubt that Aurich is going to put together a crazy good art package for both. LE buyers of course get both art packages.

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from jackSparrow:

Not much from Alien 1

The yellow beacons where used in the self destuct scenes one the first movie. That's going to be a cool part of the game. Escape the Nestromo before it's explodes and without getting eaten, all the while you hear that omomious alarm and the computers voice counting down, while the beacons are active. Cool stuff there.

1 month later
#1978 8 years ago

Yah that playfield swap is some crazy good stuff there.

2 months later
#2841 8 years ago

Hey Aurich, there has been some mentioning of an extra large LCD display option in the backbox (similar to JJP), if that's the case, would there be a different version of the translite that would fit this? I apologize if you already answered this somewhere else.

1 week later
#2920 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm leaning that way myself, if the display is only going to shown score and a few minor animations then I'm staying with the small backbox LCD for sure. I need to see more before I can decide..

Same here. If its going to show real movie clips and some bad ass animations, then I'm going to insist on the large screen. In that case I would really see the standard as the way to go for me personally. I may go that way either way, since an alternative translite can always be added later and I feel pretty neutral about the standard art (don't love it but don't hate it either).

3 weeks later
#3029 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Make some playfield items exclusive. Doesn't have to impact gameplay, but man lighted ramps should be LE only.

I couldn't disagree more here. LE should be for cosmetics only, playfield features should be across all editions. Heighway is doing it right.

#3030 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

just put the price tags on all the adds, plus artwork, etc. that can't be bought, and it is very clear....

You are correct if the lighted ramps are 500 and the beacons are 500 and then shaker is 300. May as well just get the LE. Unfortunately we have no idea what the additions will cost. I was thinking more lighted ramps 200 beacons 300 and shaker 200. I want to save every cent I can for the screen upgrade. I'm not interested in being in 9k for a single pin (with whatever the screen upgrade costs), so I'm looking at a standard.

#3084 8 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Not sure about the big screen...as others have said, if it simply mirrors the playfield screen, I likely won't bother.

I think you guys are selling short what this is going to add. Yes it will be on a small screen in the center of the playfield, but having the clips/animations large and on that backbox is going to something special. Too me, its going to put you into the movies or a let give you that feeling more so. Besides I'm used to looking up for DMD animations and will be looking up for them anyway regardless if there is nothing there. Every game has pauses that allow you to take these animations or movie clips in and I want to see that large and in my face for this game. Also, who's to say that they don't have that give a separate feed at some point? How cool could that be? At least that's my 2 cents here.

2 weeks later
#3354 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

For the LE I was under the impression you get both sets of art . Standard and LE regardless of screen chosen.

That is correct.

For me, I'm getting a standard with the large screen, I will be framing my translite and hanging it next to my Alien pin. Best of both worlds.

LE owners can frame both and I'm sure Aurich's LE art will be something to behold. Even better for those guys.

#3429 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll say this: while it took a really long time for Fox to approve it, and I'll admit that I was getting nervous, they didn't ask for a single change. Not one.

Does that make you feel like you could have pushed the envelope a little bit more? Not that you didn't, its just one of those things that would be going through my mind, that is if I had held back a little in fear of them being too strict. I always hate it when someone jumps on an item I have for sale or in this case fails to push back at all, it makes me think I left something on the table.

#3433 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I'll just about guarantee that even if Aurich was given 100% free reign, after release, he would see several things he'd change if he could do it again. An artist is always his/her own worst critic. Frank Frazetta's son did an interview an interview once and he talked about Frank going back and repainting some of his old paintings, sometimes several times and years after they were used for what they were first commissioned for.

Yah, you're right on that. My wife paints and she has always had trouble with getting to that sweet spot where she wants to make it perfect, but its only gets worse as she continues to make changes. Its an art in itself to know when its good enough or as good as its going to get.

#3454 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Also, keep in mind that everything that is on the LE will be available to non-le users, should they choose to add those options (can't remember exactly what they all were off the top of my head).

I just would like to know how much the add-on options are going to be. Also to note is that the prices have been creeping up on both models. Last April the Standard was 6150 now 6300 and the LE was 7850 no 8050. I'm guessing this is Heighway adjusting for inflation.

#3474 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I believe it was said last year, when this came up the first time, that the individual components (save for powdercoating/painting), would add up to the same cost that they have to get an LE. I don't have the time to dig through 70 pages to find that, but I distinctly remember that (or something to that effect) being mentioned.

I must have missed that announcement, but that's good to know. So its not going to be a Stern type of model where the higher cost LE gains you a different art package and trim, with the lower cost premium having all the same game play components. It sounds more like the PPS model where they cost the same and the LE gets some extra blings. I may have to change to an LE then, since the standard is zero gain in savings and simply serves to fill the demand once the LEs are gone. Its a bit more than I am comfortable on spending on a game though.

#3581 8 years ago

You guys that have ordered an LE, are you ordering from Cointaker or direct from the website? Or is there another preferred method?

#3596 8 years ago

Are you guys going CC and eating the surcharge or bank wire transfer?

#3787 8 years ago

Its always hard to live up to the type of expectations you have on a high priced game that everyone has been looking forward to see for over a year. Having said that, I really like the bottom half with the motion tracker look and the aliens behind it. I also like the subtle grid that covers it, giving it that vintage computer appearance that lends to the era and feel of these films. I think once populated it will look fantastic. I will say that I'm not sure how the green armor is going to compliment the artwork we see so far, but there may be another color option before its all said and/or the plastics may handle that.

#4275 8 years ago

I'm not upset about the art as much as some are, I think it will look good once populated and then we can see what the vision was when it was created. However, the possibility of no actor callouts and not no video clips of the actors on the display, is a huge disappointment for me. I'm actually rethinking the large display option now. Suddenly it doesn't sound as appealing. This has to be once of the best films ever for callouts possibilities, it would be a shame not to use them.

#4296 8 years ago

I may even be able to get over the actor video clips, but must have some of these callouts, they are just too good and I just can't see voice actors filling in for these. At the very least Ripley and Hudson (Hicks would be great) are absolute musts haves. Hopefully if they can't be added in production, then they can be added later. These quotes would really add to the fun factor immensely.

“We’re on an express elevator to hell, going down!”

“Get away from her, you bitch.”

“I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”

“MARINES. We are LEAVING.”

“That’s inside the room.”

“Oh, great. Wonderful. SHIT!”

"Game over man game over!"

"Eat This!"

"Think of what? We're f**ked!"

EDIT - Another good one from Vasquez "Lets Rock!!" At the start of a multiball.

#4312 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's the film. They can do that....

If that's so, then it would seem to me that they could also use their voices from the film as well.

#4422 8 years ago

I can pretty much bet that there aren't too many guys that would have kicked her out of bed back when she was younger. Sure she's old now, but just look at her in Galaxy Quest, she was 50 back then and still hot.

2 months later
#5329 8 years ago

Is that the LE?

4 weeks later
#5622 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think traci lord is almost 50 by now,you don't want to her

You must be in your 20s? I know as I'm getting older, that I'm finding that many women that are in their 40s are now looking pretty damn good.

#5894 7 years ago

Anytime a company starts collecting preorder deposits well in advance of a games completion, there will be pressure from many (not all) of those people that have deposits or paid in full cash down. The longer it takes, the more pressure and BS you're going to get from people. We've seen this time and again now. This is where Stern's method shines. Its simple, don't collect pre-order payments until the game is basically ready to ship.

2 months later
#6883 7 years ago

I finally broke down and went in for an LE. Thank you Cointaker for making it super easy! I'll find out my # on Monday.

#6906 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually think the pf art looks fine, and when fitted with the game will look great.....I would prefer to NOT have a bunch of overdrawn shit on this PF....this is a dark game, don't need a playfield circus....

My thoughts exactly. Its a dark theme, so lets keep it that way.

#6949 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not sure about the rotating chamber, reminds me of the Joker toy from TDK, which I am not a fan of. Have to wait and see it in action.

That's what I was thinking as well, but I think it can be cool as long as they don't cheap out like TDK and put some $5 action figure in there. That's the main issue I always had with TDK.

#6970 7 years ago

so we are developing a much brighter design that can still be toned down

This is great to hear as it seems to be one of the main complaints on Full Throttle. Having the lights more evenly distributed vs mostly from the back will allow all the playfield/plastics art and toys to really pop instead of being shadowed or washed out. If we can control the brightness, then even better yet. Adjust to taste.

1 week later
#6997 7 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Might make a cool topper

That is pretty cool. I'm thinking of a topper that going to really pop in between those lit up beacons.

#7001 7 years ago

At our last team meeting, we all agreed on a schedule that should see Alien Pinball complete by mid August.

We are here! It should be any day now.

#7003 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think we are looking at early to mid Oct before we see anything.

I believe they were targeting October for the date when production was to begin. I'm hoping we see something before that time. Once the game is complete and final approval is given from Fox, which should be before production would start.

#7106 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Dude, you're not working. Your screen is completely blank. I call bullshit. Pics of what you're working on or it didn't happen.

Its not blank, blow the image up a bit. In fact you can see that he's working on possibly adding some of that hive look across the sling plastics to the inlane guide plastics.

3 weeks later
#7360 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

with Full Throttle you could choose...black, silver, chrome, whatever(chrome=extra).

The trim ends up being a wash between the 2 editions as I'm betting most LE buyers will select chrome for extra anyway. I guess we'll see what the green trim looks like, but its going to be hard to beat chrome I would imagine. What you're really getting is the LE art package, since that's the only part that I don't think you will be able to add for additional cash (oh and gloss cabinet :shrug. Speculation has been that the cost of the LE additions is going to put the standard in line with the LE, but we haven't seen any pricing as of yet to substantiate this claim. I'm in for an LE, but I'm not against downgrading if the costs and extras don't make sense to stick with the LE. For me that would have to be saving at least a grand over the LE and not really feeling love for the LE art once its revealed.

#7365 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Chrome on this pin clashes with the 'space trucker' aesthetic of the films...costing extra is a 2nd reason not to get it.

Interesting point, though the bright lime green never made any sense to me either. Dark green I could see. Still, people really love the look of chrome. Black may make the most sense from the theme perspective and the choices provided.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Doesn't the LE have the huge additional LCD?

Its extra for the LE as well.

2 weeks later
#7580 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's well cut and showcases David Thiel's sound design well.

It was the video of his work that pushed me into placing a deposit down on this game. I think once they show the video of the full game, the rest of the LEs will be spoken for. That would be a nice place for heighway to be in before the expo and right before production is to start.

#7589 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

c) brand new unannounced features need to be refined before production. ones I saw were placeholders.

Well this is good. If the delay is adding features, then I'm fine with that.

#7644 7 years ago

Sounds like a troll to me.

1 week later
#7812 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Where's the Space Jockey/Engineer?

I was curious about that as well. I even recall seeing pictures of it early on.

#7816 7 years ago

Where did this go? Did they decide to remove it? I'm referring to the space jockey ball saver.

alienpinrender (resized).jpgalienpinrender (resized).jpg

#7819 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're probably thinking of the very early version of the game that Dennis Nordman did, where it was down at the bottom left, and was going to catch balls or something. That area has been redesigned (ages ago, not a new change) it's not part of the game anymore, it's been replaced by the Hypersleep Lock in the upper left. It never made sense to me that the space jockey represented hypersleep, so I'm glad that got changed.
This game was announced a long time ago in pinball terms, I think everyone agrees too early, and it's gone through all the normal changes that happen when you start testing things and refining and coming up with better ideas, etc. Things that didn't work were scrapped, new ideas that did were added. Random example: only semi recently was a second spinner added to the right orbit, so now there are two, was only one originally.
I'd recommend not mining the thread for old things and focusing on what the game looks like now.

Just curious. Thanks for explaining. I thought it looked like a cool idea and that's why I was disappointed to see it go.

#7979 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

New to this huge thread so forgive me if its been covered. Can you purchase these as a bundle yet? One full machine and just the pf swap kit? If not yet.... are they coming in the future and at what cost?

I think there are some people that have already done that with Full Throttle and an Alien kit on order. I'm not sure it was a bundle, but there are those that were certainly purchased at the same time.

BTW - You need to get one of these so you can put together some killer mods for us.

#8038 7 years ago

Looks like it has potential. Great audio and video clips. We need to see it in the dark for the full effect. This game is going to be all about the lights and sounds.

#8048 7 years ago

Heighway's website

#8063 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Hmm... LE is listed at $7100 if paid in full...

Has there been a price drop? That's like 1k off the last price listed.

#8064 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What is going on with that price? I sure hope us early birds get the same deal...

If not I'll cancel my order and re-purchase at the new price.

#8071 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If my LE just went down to $7100 then thats great

Looking at the details, it appears the 7100 is GBP. The $7100 is an error. Looks like you save only about $200 taking a standard up to LE. You're getting the additional art and green trim for $200.

#8085 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I paid in full and received the 200 discount so Aliens LE was 7650 now I'm fine keeping it at that price and I get the 27" display for free

Good point. I'm in lower as well, but my numbers were using the current site prices.

#8089 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It processes order at 7100 so i hope its the right price

This is from the price details. Its hard for me to believe they are giving 1k off for paid in full.

Aprices (resized).JPGAprices (resized).JPG

#8107 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Translucent green or opaque black flippers and dark rubber all around

Plus decals to cover the white spots under the flippers.

#8169 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

The air lock looks so cheesy and clunky, why would they put that there??? Reminds me of BTDK

I agree its more of a distraction than anything. I'm surprised they used that concept, given that it was not highly regarded in BDK and Stern removed it from BM66 likely for that reason. I think just some hive/ship components that added to the alien head may have been better added back there. Similar to how Smaug was setup on Hobbit.

#8637 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If you get some crazy green armor/paint, won't it look wonky when you go to switch out to another game? i.e. FT with green?

Bright green never made much sense to me anyway. I mean the aliens are grey. I suppose the eggs have some green in them, but they are a dark green. You could go a really dark green and they would play into the eggs and the colonial marines armor. I'll bet that would look nice and if its not as bright, it may swap better with other games.

#8706 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Can you also add the big LCD for the backglass on a standard model? Didn't see that option on website.

Yes

#8717 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Aliens is by far my favorite, followed by Alien, Alien 4 and Alien 3. Neither 4 or 3 are very good, almost fell asleep in 3 though.

Exactly how I would rank them, though Aliens and Alien are very close. I just really love the horror and suspense the first one has, especially if you remember back to the first time you watched it. With Alien 3 I do need to be drinking some coffee to stay awake. 4 was kinda silly, but at least it had Ron Perlman.

#8735 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So Alien LE with the LCD in the head is $8700.00 not including shipping.
These prices are....unfortunate.

I went through Cointaker and can tell you my price shipped with the large screen was cheaper than that.

1 week later
#9164 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I like the idea of changing the airlock toy to a small LCD screen or just a better example of the airlock and please take ur time Andrew, a few more months to perfect everything is the smart move, but I'm in love with this pin already.

I think the key is to remove the roundish appearance that it has which allows it to rotate. Instead of a scoop, have the ball VUK up into a full square shaped air lock, that will have a yellow flasher inside and a coil that will blast the ball back out at you (similar to the Borg ship). It will give the appearance of something getting blown out of the air lock and will fit the scene in both movies where this takes place, instead of just the queen in the second movie. If its not a main air lock sequence, then it can just quickly eject it out without any drama, otherwise give the whole flasher/cut scene/sound effect. Maybe that's too much?

2 weeks later
#9321 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Why are people asking for a refund of their deposit?

This happens with every game as it approaches time to pony up the full amount. I did the same thing with MMR. Once it's time to drop the remaining 7k, you start asking yourself just how bad you really want this game.

2 weeks later
#9459 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think its pretty safe to say on one is seeing this game in 2016 and most likely not till March of 2017 and that's fine but lets be realistic and give an accurate timeline and a nice tutorial of gameplay, I thinks that's fair Andrew

Correct. No one is getting an Alien this year. That is really my one ding for Andrew is that he tends to overpromise on dates. Why not just say its going to be at a generously realistic date and then knock our socks off when its ready early? I say take the time needed to make it as great as it can be, but lets not overpromise and continuously disappoint the base of supporters here with nonsense delivery and production dates.

#9462 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew and the Heighway crew don't owe any of us anything.

Total BS! If we have deposits down and are paid in full, they 100% owe us updates for the good faith we placed with our cash. If we were just on a list with no money down, then that would be correct. I'm generally a patient guy and you'll hear few complaints from me, but please don't say we are not owed anything when many of us have had cash down on this for many months.

#9474 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Any idea what the cost is adding the lcd to the backbox, Fiber Optic for ramps, and beacon toppers?

They gave these numbers around the time of the expo release and I recall doing the math which came to about a $200 difference getting the standard to LE (minus the LE art package). So you were basically paying $200 for the numbered plaque and LE art. There has been several price increases since they first started taking deposits and I think the LE is up $100 since the expo, so that math is a moving target.

#9479 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

For your deposit, they owe you one thing and one thing only: a spot in line to buy a machine. When you preordered was there a little blurb that said "for your deposit, you will be getting frequent updates"? Because I certainly don't remember that. If you're too impatient to accept that, maybe preorders and deposits are not for you?

Maybe so, but to me, keeping us up to date on progress/changes/delivery is implied. Fortunately, Andrew and the Heighway team has done that. If they had the sort of mindset you're explaining, then I would imaging that many people including myself would have given them the finger and jumped ship a long time ago. I don't like dealing with anyone that has the f-you I don't owe you a damn thing mentality. Call me crazy, but I'm just not comfortable giving cash to someone that won't a least offer an occasional reach around.

#9483 7 years ago

Here is the promised update - apologies for it being a few days later than we had intended.
We are working flat out building games at the moment, but we have suffered some delays. We rejected a batch of playfields, all PCB sets were rejected and some models are behind schedule. A few other parts are also delayed.

No worries. The most important thing above all is to ship us some solidly built games that are a blast to play. Send those crappy playfields and PCBs back and make them get it right. That's what I like to hear.

2 weeks later
#9718 7 years ago

I prefer the screen over the queen airlock, though a 3rd LCD does seem a bit overuse. I don't even mind the bezel around it and would reserve judgement until I see it in person. As some others have mentioned, I would reserve the use of it to key points only. To further this I would do the same with the playfield LCD. Keep it for things like the motion sensor, computer displays, cads, ect and not so much with movie clips. Use the larger LCD for those. The 3rd smallet LCD use only for mode specific shots, otherwise keep it dark.

#9810 7 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

. In my opinion some other ball interactive playfield item would have been a better choice as simple or complex as it could have been.

At this point its likely too late for any major changes, but someone mentioned a lab tube with a face hugger inside. That would be a great idea and may actually fit nicely next to the Xeno head. I suppose the only issue there is that the scoop is related to the queen shot, so that sort of makes it have to be directly queen related, in which case perspective is going to be an issue in almost any case. I think the airlock idea could have worked if executed differently. Instead of a spinning can that looks like the airlock, it could have been a dark covered area that would be made to look like part of the ship that's not scaled down so it could match the xeno head. It would have a door slide up or down that would reveal the queen during certain modes (add flashing lights). I probably did a crappy job of explaining this, but I can see it in my head real well. Basically what was wrong with the original queen can is simply that it was a miniaturized airlock next to the Xeno, just forget that and make it look like part of the ship with a hidden sliding door.

3 weeks later
#10197 7 years ago

I just want my beacons to look like they did in the films. I think these are close to that, though large for HP's thin backbox. I also don't recall any major complaints about them from the release party last fall. I'm afraid any changes with them could be worse and would rather them focus on polishing the game play and rules at this point.

#10210 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Would there be room to recess the bottom portion into the bb so just the lenses were visible

I think this is the way they could improve them if they were to. Recess the lower portion into the BB. This would also save them from scrapping the parts they already have for new. I think what looks off is that you can see the bases and we only want to see the globes.

#10212 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The game is part of the swap system, holes in back box seems like terrible idea. Swapping out for beacons aftermarket and getting game months quicker makes sense

Or maybe instead of holes in the bb, add a cover that matches the size of the bb top, which essentially raises it to the height of the globe bases. It is a topper after all.

#10216 7 years ago

beacons (resized).jpgbeacons (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10431 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

A video of gameplay, some solid shipping dates, some explanation for the lack of support for refunds, I need something soon.

Yep, I've began feeling the early signs of apprehension as well. We need a bone thrown our way (video or solid release dates) or at least signs that people are getting supported when refunds are requested.

1 week later
#10793 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ummm..not exactly....RobT was (and is) stoked on the game (even changed his avatar for a bit) but expressed from the beginning he never preorders anything. We have spoken at length about this title, and would think his last intent would be to bash a game that he potentially will own, AFTER he plays it....

Rob's been around here for a while and knows the drill with this sort of thing. Hold every proposed title to a high degree of skepticism and then believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. Anyone that has been around here long enough knows that. Lets face it, even Stern drops the ball these days. Once the title is shipping and you've had a chance to play one, only then is it safe (mostly) to put you cash down. For some crazy reason I put cash on this one without the benefit of playing it, and that is a first for me. I guess the theme and what I had seen up to that point was enough to take a risk, though I should certainly know better.

#10845 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just buy this Alien LE Ice and you will have it in two weeks!

Why would someone sell theirs when they could just get a refund at this point?

1 week later
#11228 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

He took delivery already. It was mentioned in another thread IIRC. Showed pics.

I'm sure he's enjoying his game for a bit before he gets to posting up pictures. I know I would. Besides, he'll have more to tell us that way.

#11297 7 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I just wanted to inform the pinball community of the game so they can make a more informed decision on their purchases.

Thanks for this

#11325 7 years ago

The playfield art works really well once the game is all lit up. Its also nice seeing someone play that can make shots, proving that it has some pretty good flow. One of the things that needs to be done is come up with something to replace those posts in the left outlane. They seem add very little to the game visually. I realize there was a toy there in the original design that was scrapped due to fit. I wonder what could mount over them or in their place?

#11330 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

From what I've read regarding the rules the left outlane posts are there for a reason. If you lock a ball one of those two inserts lights up, so when draining you need to nudge it into the lit insert lane. If you can manage that the ball you have locked comes into play. The lit insert will flip back and forth as the slings are hit. So it's a ball save feature. If two balls are locked both inserts are lit and when the ball drains one will shoot out from the two you have locked.
So you get to save the ball but it cost you a locked ball.
I think this is how it works.

Ok. I seen that mentioned, but didn't realize that you had some control over it. Makes more sense now. Still the posts are a bit ugly in that spot. At least posts that fit the theme visually? Black? Probably easy enough for someone to alter. I'm just nit picking really.

#11448 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm thinking green may be the way to go through considering that that green is used in the Alien logo, there's green rubbers in the game, the aliens acid is green and hell a lot of people think aliens are green, lol.

I'm hoping the green is a darker shade of green. If the LE art is more blue in tone, then that to me would be the way to go. I still would want it to be a darker military blue, not a bright super hero blue. The game is a dark theme, so if the color options are bright, I'll just go black.

#11458 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Plus black would "hide" the otherwise more noticeable bezel around the top of the glass a little bette

Exactly another reason the colors need to be darker. Bright green or blue is going to be a huge visual distraction while playing, due to the large bezel.

1 week later
#11714 7 years ago

I actually don't mind the "You Failed" message, just mix it up so I'm not seeing it constantly. I suck and will see it a whole more that I'd like to admit. How about adding "you suck" "you fucken suck" "you worthless POS" "please die" "you're dead" "Alien dinner" "facehuggin sperm bank" (does that last one make any sense??

I'm good with a variety and I can handle the insults.

#11719 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Then it sounds like you need a RZ pinball! That'll scratch your masochistic itch.

I do like the theme, I just didn't like the layout.

#11868 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Are the ramps going to stay the ugly metal (or are they wood), or can we hopefully expect clear plastic like FT?

Thankfully they are keeping them metal.

1 week later
#12294 7 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

I've also ordered the LE, but imho what I've seen here...the standard artwork (BG) looks better.

Not a problem with the LE. You get both, so install the one you prefer. The thing that a lesser LE art package will do is steer people away from the blue armor.

3 weeks later
#12884 7 years ago

I'm starting to think that LEs are looking at late summer for shipping now? So I'm looking at a possible Christmas delivery on mine. I would love to at least see the fiber optic ramps in action, even if the artwork is held up at Fox. Has there been any tangible movement on getting those working?

#12896 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If it drags out much longer I'll get a refund and then buy one when it's readily available

I hear yah there Ice. It's easy to start to lose the enthusiasm after a while. Besides, we can always just jump onto a loaded standard later.

#12973 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Looks like he's raised his price by $100.

I think I brought this up last time he listed it. Why sell a pin that that's fully refundable?

#12983 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ya know - why does anyone even care about the LE art? I bet anyone buying an LE is getting it with the monitor in the backbox...so the art is practically irrelevant. If there's truly some issue with getting the LE art done/approved - at this point it would just make business sense to say "F it"...the LE will ship with the same art as the Standard...and then when/if the LE art gets done - send the translites out to the LE owners later.

Why are you making so much sense??

My guess is that standards are still not shipping out either. If they were, why wouldn't they simply post a quick message here stating that to cool everyone off? It would take like 2 minutes and make a huge customer impact.

#12986 6 years ago

OK, I just got off the phone with Melissa at Cointaker and was told that there is supposed to be a video release of the LE today. This was as of her communication with Heighway earlier today. Let's see what happens.

#12997 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

More to the point what did she say about supply and shipping?

She didn't

#13024 6 years ago

Looks good, but we need to see what the scaled down version for the 27" screen looks like, since that's what I think most will have. We could frame the full size. Also, I would like to see what it looks like with the blue armor. I'm still on the fence regarding staying LE or changing to SE. It would also be nice to see the fiber optics interacting during game play.

#13105 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Will there be a LE LCD Backglass, with that hand drawn art scaled down between the speakers?

I'm almost thinking there wont be. Why wouldn't it have been approved by Fox with the rest of the LE art? If it did, why did they reveal it as well? If they were to create the art for it now, my guess is there would be another six months to approve it?

#13186 6 years ago

I'm still reasonably confident that we are getting our games, and as long as refunds are being processed then I'm not going to panic. If they are a responsible company, all refunds should be able to be processed, they shouldn't be operating off of game "deposits". Purchased paid for games one the line ready to be shipped, yes, but not deposits. I will agree that there is a big risk to them with the SW release. This is where I would possibly jump ship if the game is looking awesome and has a closer timeframe for shipping. In that case I would still plan to get Alien, just later on down the road.

#13187 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Show a post of someone who ordered direct getting their refund promptly, then we'll talk.

Direct refunds have typically been slow, even in the past. They are in the UK and busy developing and building games, so there is less time to deal with it. That's specifically why I went through Cointaker.

#13189 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that as a valid reason. There was no delay in taking my order and processing my payment. I'm aware of the time difference, and like i stated previously, they replied to my email asking for a refund, so they got my request just fine.
I'm trying to stick to the facts, not opinions.

I know what your saying, and my point simply was that processing orders is Cointakers primary business function. So naturally they will be quicker about it than a pinball manufacturer in the UK.

No biggie man, I'm sure you'll get your refund, it just may take longer than you like. It sounds like you're pretty much divorced from this whole thing anyway, so once you get it, you can move on with life.

3 weeks later
#13950 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have been in since the first week and am paid in full. I am thinking of selling my spot/machine to get a Dialed In.
Getting a refund sounds difficult, maybe I should wait till my machine is about to ship and sell then.
I am suppose to be in the first group of LE's.
What to do...what to do???

I hear yah, its hard with all the new games coming out now to stay the course. I told Cointaker to take the deposit off of my LE and hold it until we see what SW is going to look like. I'm not feeling the LE anymore on this game, though I still want an Alien. The fiber optic ramp lights just looked bad to me and the art wasn't really wasn't a factor with the LCD. I will get an SE loaded with all but fiber optics later, but need to see what SW will look like first as I may decide to pick it up first.

#13965 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

I'm really surprised that people are backing out NOW when they are that pins are actually shipping now. I don't get it...wait for two years plus, then when you see if start to ship...ok, I'm out....weird, but to each his own.

I'm not sure why its that weird? A lot changes in two years and even though games just starting to trickling out, I wouldn't expect one for most pre-order people until winter. There's a bunch of new games out since people have put deposits down that weren't in the equation 1-3 years ago. For me, I just want to see SW first since we are this close anyway. Quality issues aside, there's a real possibility that people could get a SW in their gameroom before Alien, even if they've had cash down for 2 years.

#13968 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I agree, I ordered a AFMr LE within the last week and I'm willing to bet I take delivery on it before I get my full refund.

Quoted from chrisnack:

AFMr LE within the last week

I'm in on that as well. Can't wait. I get the feeling we will have our games this summer. One thing I'm finding is that I don't have long term patience for pre-orders. Unless they truly look like they will be shipping within the next 3 months, I likely stay away from them moving forward.

1 week later
#14360 6 years ago

Are you putting your SE up for sale or planning to keep both the LE and SE?

It does seem strange that Heighway would ship an LE under the radar. I mean with all the heat he's taking to let that ship out with no official word of it?

#14365 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's the same game I believe. That he got last week... I think he just power coated it himself?

He was posting pictures 2 weeks ago of an SE. Now they shipped him an LE, supposedly.

Quoted from nephasth:Why on earth does a company have to make a public announcement every time they do something?

Umm gosh I don't know. Seems a big enough deal to be shipping the very first LE doesnt it??

#14369 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I only have an Alien LE
The powdercoating was changed out to Alien Green from Alien Black

Is your cabinet glossy or matte? I was looking through your photos and the earlier ones looked more matte. The new ones looked glossy. Could be the lighting. LE is supposed to be glossy.

#14373 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Good lords you guys have friggin LOST IT!

Probably so. Just trying to get clarification on a few things, that's all. I have an excuse though, being up in the mountains and not adjusted to the thin air.

#14375 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Actions speak louder than words. And it appears the message was received, without the need of a president of a company posting on a ridiculous forum

Cool whatever. Lol

#14384 6 years ago

I believe I already answered this question, It says the powder coating was changed out, not the armor.

In that case, I do like the green color of your LE. That's the green I would want on mine.

1 week later
#15080 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Also, if you look closely, the price includes the 27'' screen, inside side blades, and shipping. All of which were add-ons to the original $6,400 (?) price tag.

True, but that was always the case with Cointaker, in that they included the 27" screen, at least that was the case with their LE pricing. The inside blades is part of the standard, but the illuminated inside blades are additional. So this does look to be a significant price hike on the surface. After you add the other LE features, the standard will be north of 9k at this point. Ouch! I jumped out when things started getting squirrely better than a month ago and highly doubt I would jump back in at that price out of principal if for no other reason.

#15089 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Dump the ramp El-wire lighting as it is expensive (and does not fit the theme).

This would be a good start. It's an $800 option and it just doesn't look right to me for this game, and actually junks up the ramps a bit. I like all the other options.

1 month later
#15520 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm starting to think I might go loaded SE over the LE, beacons and ramp optics aren't really doing anything for me, translite I won't use and side art I don't care, current deposit would give me anti glare glass, shaker, EL, LCD cover shipping with a little to spare. Mmmmmmm

That's what I ended up doing. I did not care for the look of the fiber optics when they showed them installed a couple months back and didn't feel it fit the darker theme. The art is basically a non-factor with the large screen. So I was really paying for powder coat armor and was going to remove the fiber optics. As for the armor, if it would look like what jointhecircus had done to his, it may be worth it, but I can always get that done later if I choose probably for less cost overall. I will still get all the other extra's and think the beacons look cool for the game. Just the LE factor by itself has really little value for me personally.

#15578 6 years ago

Looking forward to the huge update that David and the Software team are working on!

Given you current collection, how would you rate Alien as it stands so far?

2 weeks later
#15728 6 years ago

It appears they are aligning themselves with JJP's current pricing structure with the base game 8k and the LE 9k US. The problem is that JJP has a solid reputation to backup on at this point, whereas HP is dicey, given its history and uncertain future.

#15796 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I don't have the screen grabs or my numbers around anymore but it wasn't a cheap upgrade for the fiber when I was doing the math to decide which to buy.

It was $800 to add it to the SE. So yeah, sort of a double price increase for the LE if you're buying now and a single if you're not. I say sort of because I'm sure some people may look at them removing a feature differently than others. I didn't really care for them anyway.

#15839 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

It seems like there is no way the optic LE lights will happen now (which is kinda worrisome that a final decision hasn't been made when the games should be made in a few weeks time) and seems very unlikely they would lower the LE price/offer a refund for this $600 feature that will now be missing. Not sure what the best move is here, but maybe people don't care about losing that money and just want their games.

The way I see it, the LE buyers sort of get the shaft here. Had you got in on an SE last year with all the LE options aside from the fiber optic lights, you would be at $7920 (assuming $300 shipping). Whereas with the LE, you would be at 8400 shipped. That's about $500 for powder coated armor, alt side art, and a number. Not much value at this point. Seems to me the LE buyers should have something added or price reduction for the expensive fiber optic drop. The day one LE buyers got in for cheaper, so that gap is a bit less.

1 week later
#15948 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Down vote this post if you want replacement parts over that sweet coin

Replacement parts? Like extra plastics or flipper mechs? I'd rather have a meaningful feature added or discount. At this point I think a discount makes the most sense since added features just means further delays.

#15987 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I am getting very excited to be spending 3 days in the presence of Alien pinball at the Buffalo Pinball Summer Open this weekend. A lot of tough players will be putting it to the ultimate test.

I would love to hear some feedback from some solid unbiased players that put some real time on it.

1 week later
#16225 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Only for me at this point. I had an "agreement" (as much of an agreement goes with heighway lol) prior to ordering my LE from Heighway. It's supposedly on the ship with cointakers load according to heighway. We will see lol. No other LEs are being shipped yet officially to the states nor promised from anyone, mine was a 1 off per legal lol.

60 days on the LEs is what I was told. I'm still holding my ground for now. I would like to see how things shake out over the next month. My deposit is safe with CT and may get moved to SW premium, but for now I have time to wait and see how the early shipped games play and are supported.

#16227 6 years ago

I didn't like the way the fiber optics looked when they showed them installed and honestly was the least of the LE features for me. I would be happy with a $600 discount.

#16231 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was also thinking the fiber was an $800 add, not $600....could be wrong.

I think you're correct. Either way, there couldn't be too many of us preorder guys left to discount.

1 week later
#16376 6 years ago

Based on those colors, I'd go blue or stainless/black (not sure why this just isn't all black), but not green. That green is way too bright. I may just go black and replace the stainless legs with black. There goes another benefit to the LE.

#16393 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone explain what is included in LE vs standard? I've searched online and really found nothing that is current.

At this point, a number only. I say this because everything can be added to the standard, except the powder coating and the LE art, which is going to have a big screen in the way. Add to this that the armor colors aren't looking so good (too bright), so I can see many LE people going with the standard option there. The only thing keeping LE buyers in with LEs, is the early prices they locked in at.

#16409 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Those are the same colors Heighway offered a year(+?) ago...maybe people's eyesight has improved?

Aww shit. Maybe I missed the pictures of the actual colors back in the day. This is the first time I remember seeing pictures of the real colors, not just photoshops of what they could look like.

1 week later
#16557 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hurricanes not affecting shipping lanes. Just checked. South Hampton to usa pretty clear. The boats go around such events.
Didn't see any pics of machines leaving factory.

Exactly. There seems to be some shade throwing going on. It would be nice to have the real honest story.

#16715 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

perhaps, they are offering these lit blades as options on the Standard, but included on an LE?

I'm almost certain that the lit side blades were already standard on the LE. So that wouldn't add much value. I honestly would change to a standard if they would honor the price at the time of my deposit. I had thought that I did that already, but a slight miscommunication kept me on an LE. At this point your really just getting a number and colored armor. Though HP had it from the start that LE options (aside from the armor) could be added to a standard, so the only thing we lost was the fiber ramps. However that was like 600-800. At least chop off the cost of the fiber ramp, that should be an easy thing to for LE buyers.

1 month later
#18201 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This story will change, as sad as it would be for me to say, if some of us LE guys don’t have games by Christmas.

This is really easy. Make the adjustments that are needed and have been detailed here from the initial shipments, drop our price $600 (for the fiber optic removal), put on the DARKER green powder coated LE amour (match JointheCircus example), and ship them out. This shouldn't take long at all to pull off and IMO keep to a end of year delivery for at least the first batch of LEs and I feel most LE guys (myself included) would be happy.

#18392 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Wonder what will happen to Cointaker LE customers, as the 27" back box screen was included in their pre order price.

I'd have to do some digging to recall what the 27" screen add-on price was, but for some reason $400-500 comes to mind. CT would need to drop that price for all LE buyers, even if it was baked in to a fixed price offering. Its really just throwing a bone anyway, since the fiber optic addition was 600-800 (again I would need to dig back). Throw in the PDI glass as well as the screen and I'm pacified on this aspect of this cluster-fer.

1 week later
#18508 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

and maybe even have some mylar installed at the factory.

This shouldn't even be a discussion. It should just get done.

1 month later
#19059 6 years ago

I'm not sure what it is about first 2 Alien films that they feel that bright colored trim is a good fit? That blue should have been darker to match the theme. Heck even the superhero universe has darkened the character costume colors in the films to better fit the times.

#19196 6 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

like it better than blue, but eager to see the black.

Wouldn't it be a simple as slapping some black legs on a standard to see it in black?

The green is a bit better than the bright blue. I agree that black is most likely going to be the way to go.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just do like me - buy a standard and customize it the way you want. More work - yes, but you get what you want.

He's in very early and it would cost him a lot more to go with a standard now than to stick with the LE.

#19245 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I did this morning.....keep trying to make myself like blue, but not quite there......Ive got enough green and black

I know what you mean. I already have a bright green AFMRLE so I'm not feeling the green for my gameroom. If that blue was just a little bit darker, I would go for it. I think that would look the best on the LE. As it stands, I think that all black cabinet and trim looks pretty good for the dark theme.

#19258 6 years ago

That LE translite is bad ass.

#19260 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I mean, if you're going to go with a blue theme, I would prefer this one:

I actually like the other one better. Not that this one isn't really cool, its just that the alien doesn't look like he paying any attention to the player. More like just strolling by casually or standing in line somewhere.

#19276 6 years ago

I'm just making a prediction here since I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm betting black outsells the other two colors by a landslide. Followed by green then blue. That would be a good indicator that the color choices were not good ones. If the blue was more of darker, like a midnight blue, I'll bet it would be the easy choice for most. I would argue that AFMRLE green was actually a good choice, since that's what they sold the most of by far. The bright green in that case matched the lighthearted theme as well as the greens on the cabinet. We shall see....

2 weeks later
#19513 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

The blue looks marvelous (and way darker than expected).

That blue does appear a bit darker than the Facebook pictures. Could be your lower lighting? Please post more pictures when you get it put together.

#19521 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He's saying it looks way darker in person then the pictures that had been posted. So it can't be his lighting.

Well that's what he says, but I just would like to see some pictures in better lighting to see for myself. Dim lighting will make it appear darker. The HP pictures were in a brightly lit warehouse.

1 week later
#19693 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my Alien LE is about to ship out and Im being asked what color trim I want. Can anyone share their trim option so I can make a decision?
Thanks</blockquote

Out of curiosity, when did you order yours?

#19698 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I'm pretty curious about this as well. If you don't mind saying, were you paid in full?
I think we're all just trying to judge how far down the list we might be, although at this point, I'm not sure there's a rhyme or reason to any of it.

That's it exactly. It would also be interesting to know if he ordered from CT or HP.

#19701 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He ordered from Cointaker approximately 5 months ago...according to another thread.

We'll that sucks I ordered from Cointaker July of 2016. Still nothin. Complete BS.

#19703 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I emailed them for an update they said they are going to call in 1-2 weeks for rest of payment then machines will be shipped in about 35 days

Thanks for letting me know that. I'll call them tomorrow for sure. Im not taking anything away from you. I'm glad you're getting your game and look forward to hearing about your first and lasting impressions of it. Just a little miffed about the LE priority of shipments and even from the same vendor.

#19729 6 years ago

I've been told to pick trim color and prepare to send final payment. LEs are coming! I hope my man Mark "MK6Pin" is on this list as well. He deserves it if anyone does.

#19737 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

how long have you been in. are you new money or old money?

Since July 2016. So not new money, but not the oldest either. I got in early with Cointaker.

#19809 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I avoid any preordering of Pinball ever.

Yah, I can say that I'm done with that BS. Let me know when they are physically in stock and then I will send payment.

1 week later
#19896 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Do you think you need to do anything to prep that scoop a little better? It looks rough in there and wondering if that could scratch/pit the balls quickly?

I was thinking the same thing.

#19901 6 years ago

So are they now planning to include the cliffy protectors from the factory? Seems like some guys are getting theirs from HW.

I like the extra parts idea. They should send the same for each machine shipped for the exact reason stated.

#19916 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Oh Yeah the head broken in shipping.....great packing guys

LOL well you got the mother load of parts there. Too bad they couldn't spare some bubble wrap for the poor alien head. The head scratcher for me is all the cables. Were the old ones bad or incompatible is some way to the new board?

#19984 6 years ago

Here's a real bargain if someone is looking for one.
ebay.com link: i

#20035 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's Joe's development game, so not ordered at all. Brian should be getting one too shortly. Production hardware in the hands of the programmers is a Good Thing™ for sure.

Certainly is. Those guys earned it, as did you and David.

#20077 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'll say it, I received direct communication from Heighway admitting they were sending orders out for new money and admitting I was one of the first in line and paid for an original LE. Weird thing is I don't have an LE and am not in these ones going out. The usual apologizing and hopefully they'd be sending "private" orders soon is all I got. I'll at least give them credit for flat out admitting they were filling new/other orders for money, at the end of the day I just want my game and want to be given some benefit for having paid first. Here's to hoping this is a positive sign of some games(LEs) actually going out and more to follow soon.

None of it tastes good. The problem is that these guys purchased a shit burger and didn't realize that it was actually a double. They had set aside so much cash to fix the mess left from the previous management and blew though it quickly with an unplanned amount refunds. Now its just getting games out until there is enough capital to ship or refund paid in full or early pre-orders. Here is a case where being first in line gets you the last order out. The main dig I have is their poor communication, but I guess they don't have the answers people or looking for so they choose no answer. The only good news is that they are shipping games, so there is still hope that the early guys can get a game or refund some day, whereas a year ago, there was no hope at all.

#20103 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

cointaker said they confirmed we are getting around $450 back

I was told we are getting exactly $0.0 back for the fiber optic ramps. That was 2 weeks ago when I asked that question specifically.

1 week later
#20180 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

Today a further shipment from Heighway Pinball arrived with Alien LE's in all colours.
HAve a look on https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/posts/572168659798313
The machines go next week to all their customers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Best Regards from RS-Pinball e.U. out of the FlippArena Vöcklabruck

From those pictures, I'd say the green looks the least good. The blue looks much better then I expected...but I chose black and am sticking with it.

Quoted from nwpinball:

So the LEs are definitely shipping now.

Looks like for Europe they are.

2 weeks later
#20334 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

After multiple attempts to dial in the auto shooter - still no luck. Still can't play a single f*ing game without it not making it up the ramp. Guess it's time to try and see if support can help. Now I'm not sure if it is the coil or what...

That sucks man. Maybe someone on here with an Alien that does not have that issue would be kind enough to take some detailed pictures of the shooter assembly to make sure that everything is equal to yours.

#20363 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Officially out of the Alien Club. It will always be a grail theme to me and one of my favorite pins that I have ever owned/played, but with all the continued QC and reliability issues, i had to say adios and replace it with a game that is more reliable day to day and that relieves me of the stress of knowing that when something breaks I am gonna have a 8k toy that is useless for months.

So I'm guessing you sold it then? You still show it in your current collection and I don't see where you had it listed here.

1 week later
#20380 6 years ago

More than likely its on the ship that should be making port next week. My guess is that several weeks ago when it was time to pay up, the buyer of the green trim (fxdwg I'm guessing) decided he wasn't up for the risk any longer. He obviously already made his trim choice and that's what's loaded up, so the new buyer has to agree to green trim. Difficult choice if your a deposit holder. You could stonewall long enough now to wait until its at Cointaker and pay with better assurance that there is 100% a game to be had or pass and keep your deposit on the line for an unknown sum of time.

#20426 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

While I agree that it sucks for people who have been waiting for years (I can't even imagine the frustration - I feel for you guys), if you don't get the machine, someone else will. If you want it, get it. You haven't done anything wrong or stabbed anyone in the back to get it. It's just a lucky opportunity. There's no bad karma. If anything, you wouldn't even KNOW about this unless your karma was great.

I agree, however, its nothing short of a travesty that early depositors like MK6pin are not getting offered that LE. I could understand when it was the standards going out, since most early depositors were in for LEs, let the standards go out to get the cash pump primed and bugs ironed before shipping the LEs. I was actually OK with that. Now that we offering (supposedly available)LEs to people dropping off their orders, why the heck would they not go down the list chronologically?? I'm expecting my game within the next two weeks and have been in for a preorder for almost two years, the only difference between myself and guys that have a cash down a year earlier than me, is that I put my cash down with Cointaker, and those guys direct with Heighway.

#20429 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

my cash down with Cointaker, and those guys direct with Heighway.

From the perspective of Heighway 2.0 - would you either give a pin away to someone you have seen no money from, or give it to the person who has actually paid you money?

That's true, but many of these guys just have a deposit down. They are still going to pay ~6k when the game is ready to ship to them. So its not like they will get no additional cash from those guys and would should a tremendous amount of good will to the community that these guys are starting to get games. That goodwill alone would be worth the deposit plus price increase difference they would not get on those games. Maybe they are in fact doing some, like waywyrd, and its a moot point anyway. As someone that's fully paid on an Alien LE, I obviously have a vested interest in seeing this company succeed. In order for that to happen, there has to be a bright light at the end of this tunnel that is clear to see for long term depositors.

#20435 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I just got “the email” this am asking if I want to pay in full and grab an LE that somebody else wasn’t taking
Credit card possibility. Appears to be next leg in trying to stay afloat
Is the Cointaker container lost at sea?

This is mostly likely the Cointaker one. Mine is supposed to be on it. I paid my remaining balance with CC, which gives me some comfort. That was basically Cointaker being understanding to us jittery buyers and waving the fees. I honesty do think there are LEs getting ready to be delivered within the next 2 weeks (there are others that will disagree and rightfully so), my BIG concern at this point is if my game will be intact when I get it.

#20439 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So BigD you think they are offering up a pin(s) that are already part of the "Cointaker container" to us early deposit guys?

I dug up my notes on this when I spoke to Melissa about three weeks back. At that time I was told when I made my final payment, that the container that now shipped (supposedly) ~ two weeks ago, was to contain 30 for Cointaker customers, 10 for US early direct HW pre-order customers, and 5 for Canadian customers. So, they failed to collect the final payments from some people, I'm just not sure if they were Cointaker or not. Now giving this a little more thought, I guess they can't mix and match these, in other words, Cointaker orders go to Cointaker customers and early Pre-order to early Pre-order. Either way, you would be getting whatever trim choice was made by the person who dropped off. This is just what I scribbled down on a sheet of paper at the time, so don't hold my feet to any of this.

#20475 6 years ago

Just goes to show that you shouldn't believe what you read. Most of its bullshit.

#20518 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

We haven't heard much about the newest run. Anyone?

I was told the ship with the LEs sunk, but they are preparing a new shipment right now should be ready in a few more weeks.

Just kidding. I spoke with Melissa last week, she did not have any idea if the shipment had even gone out yet. Said something about delays due to trim color choices. I'll have to admit I was slightly put off by the fact that she had not followed up on the status of the shipping container that was supposed to have gone out three weeks ago.

#20551 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

If it wasn't for CT I think most would assume they closed their doors by now. Hell, I bet some people do think that.

Here's where I'm at. CT is ghosting me right now. Melissa was supposed to give me an update after I called last Tuesday to find out the status of the shipment. She did not know if it had left yet at that time and it was three weeks past the date it was supposed to ship. Said they would find out the next day and provide an update. No update. So I called twice yesterday with no answer and emailed with no reply. Emailed this morning and tried to call..zero reply and zero answer. So right now I probably going to say F-it and file a CC dispute. There's not much hope for the original 1k I put down from 2 years ago, but at this point, I'll consider that 1k a hard reminder as to no pre-order ever again. I'm just getting the feeling there is stonewalling going on here.

#20557 6 years ago

Update - Melissa did call me back, so I'm thinking she is just frazzled busy, so if she doesn't get back to you right away, don't start shooting lasers out your eyeballs like I was earlier. Anyone that has their cash with CT is fine as she has not sent a penny if it to HW, since those boneheads haven't even put the games on the container yet. She offered a full refund if I want out, so I may take that option, as I think this ride is just about over for me and my mental (or lack there of) state overall. Too much energy and brain cycles have been put into this for me personally. As much as I love the theme and this game, I'm just fed up at this point and I'm running on little to no confidence in these guys. I may have her transfer the payment over to an Iron Maiden premium as that game is really sparking my interest and I've always enjoyed their music.

#20559 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

again. I'm just getting the feeling there is stonewalling going on here.
I was thinking the same but got a reply from CT earlier today (or yesterday, in overseas now so it's all confusing, shit if I was going close to HW I'd be knocking on their door!) after weeks of nothing. Nothing concrete, as I posted earlier I was told CT talked to HW recently and they are ready to ship and hopefully that'll be happening soon.

This is why prompt communication is so friggen important. I start playing out all sorts of worse case scenarios in my mind when communication goes dark. Anyway, I'm taking the evening to simmer down and think this over, but really, this game is losing its luster for me in a big way.

#20611 6 years ago

I wonder how long they have the license for? It seems like it would potentially be up for renewal.

#20641 6 years ago

I'm officially out of my LE. Thank god I went with CT (and not HW) years ago, so that I actually had this option available to me. Payment now moved over to IMDN premium. I wish the best for you guys still sitting on this. As of yesterday, the container is still empty and was supposed to leave out over a month ago...WTF? I just reached the limits of my patience (finally). Hopefully HW gets a handle on this someday, because it does look like a fun game and a personal dream theme. Its really looking like I'll have an IMDN premium in my gameroom before these even hit the water at this point.

#20644 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

is this actual information?

Yes. Its a F'd up situation to say the least.

#20704 6 years ago

My feeling is that the current owners and the HW brand as a whole are damaged goods and I really can't see them recovering at this point. It would take too much time and cash bleed to come out of this mess and restore enough good will for new US buyers to put down 8k+. Hopes of salvaging the HW brand sailed months ago even with new owners, who really appear to be following closely in the same style of business as Andrew did. Its going to take a US manufacturer to pick up the assets and start building these in mass before I would jump back in. In fact, I think one of the primary issues is the company is out of the UK. This is why the European customers appear to get games and parts more consistently than US customers. They want to fill containers to save on shipping costs, but that is very slow, too slow at this point to overcome the broken confidence in the company. Its just too late.

#20749 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Have that many people dropped out or lost interest in Alien and the company itself?

This is it. It's very hard to maintain excitement over a game that carries this much baggage without some sort of eventual return, like a working game in hand. It's old news now, too many new games have been released since this began and our interest shift onto those. I think we're all just moving on to brighter pastures and away from this dumpster fire, at least in its current state.

#20795 5 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

So how do the US customers with money down on an Alien pinball that is ready to ship feel about CT's refusal to pay for the shipment?
No supplier in their right mind would ship the container without payment regardless of what has gone on before.
I hope it can be resolved but what could Heighway do for CT to released payment?

CT is looking out for their customers. They are sitting on Alien games right now that do not work and have long been awaiting parts to repair them (in same cases months). They see the hazards of releasing funds to HW and having 40 of their customers with potentially broken games and no support/parts to follow up with. That would create a nightmare for CT and their reputation. I applaud CT for taking caution with their customers cash. At least they either have a game or refund to offer. Much more than can be said for many of the unfortunate folks that sent cash to HW. What can you do when the only person that responded to inquiries has now left the company?

#20912 5 years ago

A credible pinball manufacturer really needs to pick this game up, do a little rework for longevity, and sell the crap out of them.

#20915 5 years ago

Horror themed, so would be a perfect fit in that regard.

#20950 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What's the likelihood of another distributor buying that container full of Aliens and jacking up the price and selling them? Seems like it's going to become a rare title and jump in value if the company folds.

Laying down a bunch of cash for a game that has proprietary boards and zero support = complete foolishness. That is unless you have discretionary cash pouring from your ears.

#21224 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Mine was ready to ship, and I had the choice to take it, and I decided to abandon it and switch over to something else.

I made the same choice as you, but it now sounds like there was actually no games to ship anyway. It was all BS. Thank god CT called them out and ultimately didn't send them a dime of our cash. I really don't think I could in good mind do business with any derivative of HW at this point.

#21234 5 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

These would have been real games built and ready, why would they do that to CT when now as a separate company CT could play a very important part in whatever future buisiness is for pin bros.

If anything CT did them a favour as now its time to start 2.0... coincidence? Who knows?

But starting again with already a containers worth of pins built is probably not a bad way to have play it. They wouldn't have left them in the warehouse that's for sure!

I'm just going off a comment made earlier by the games designer (who was on location until the end) when asked about those games.
"The last machines I saw packed and ready to ship to the USA were for Aurich and Kelly. AFAIK, there is no container."
Maybe I misread this?

#21293 5 years ago

Rarehero - man I miss your posts. Good to see you poke back in here.

Quoted from Aurich:

Woah now, slow down there slick, this one is pretty cool

Yes! I totally recall Cobra having a hydrofoil! Memories from middle-school just came rushing back.

#21372 5 years ago
Quoted from hansj66:

But,... it turns out that the CT container was for real. When the CT-deal fell through, these machines were sold elsewhere.

It also turns out that Umbrella Corporation has Alien LEs for sale. Free-Play.se also has Alien LEs for sale (Both these distributors are owned by people who are owners / have representation in the board of directors at both Heighway Pinball and Pinball Brothers.)

Roger Svanevik then offered to sell us an Alien Pinball. This time an LE.

I can't imagine buying anything from this group of shysters. Who in their right mind is going to wire them funds at this point? With the promise that your game will go out in the next container!?

1 week later
#21890 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Who knows. Right now it seems like everyone is asking 9. so up slightly?

Asking and sold for is two different things. Has any of them actually sold since the announcement? If so, for how much? Considering how many exists, seems there are a quite of few up for sale. - correction - only 2 currently listed, though there are a few more that were taken down over the last month because the owners decided to keep them or possibly sold elsewhere. One is listed as "sold for 9200".

I'm not sure FT is a good gauge, as its theme just lacks the same broad appeal of Alien, which was (is) a dream theme for many.

4 weeks later
#22288 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was an advocate for this "grail" theme (overused term) for years, as most know...this was a journey for me (understatement), which has ended with a game ( and added cost, for sure).

I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks, so I'm just now catching up here. So glad to hear you finally scored one of these! Aside from the contractors that busted their asses working on this game (and did an amazing job), you are the one guy here who should have one of these gems in their game rooms.

1 week later
#22332 5 years ago

Keep it in the box and sell it for 20k or unbox it, play it till your sick of looking at it, and then sell for 15k. Either way, its good to see you finally have something for your work.

#22340 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! I think if that was the case, it would be gone already....

I'll bet if he lists it for that, there is a very good chance it will sell for at least close to asking. There many people in this hobby that 20k is basically pocket change and they will want this game in their collection, especially a NIB LE, if for no other reason, for its rarity.

1 week later
#22442 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So far it sounds like none of the Alien owners are disappointed with their purchase? All happy?

It really seems like owners are more content now that Heighway is out of the picture. It was a serious mix bag before. I'm thinking its like the band-aid has been pulled off and now people can just focus 100% on the game in front of them, rather than all the drama, frustration, and uncertainty that came from the manufacturer. At least now they know where they stand with it.

#22449 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well guess I missed the boat on this one . I put a deposit down a long time ago.. oh well. I guess I will wait for CGC # 3.. whenever that is announced.

You didn't miss the boat, the boat missed us. I also had a deposit down for years. It just wasn't going to happen if you had an LE deposit.

2 weeks later
#22524 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I hope so, but don’t think so. I’ve been told refund checks have been mailed to be twice over the past month but nothing has came and I never got tracking and a lot of unanswered emails. Seems like lies and buying time? Nobody is sending an 8k check these days without tracking. I know they recently bought another company but I was planning on buying multiple games from them in the future, not anymore.

Yikes! I hate to hear this, since I'm having a similar issue with them. I had CT move my Alien cash to IMDN Premium back in April and was supposed to get a refund check for the cost difference. So far I have neither. I gave a pass on the game, since the premiums have been just starting to trickle out recently, though I know CT has shipped them to other customers, so I'm obviously in the back of the priority list. No excuse for the lack of refund on the difference and I have also been told its been mailed several times now. As it stands now, the check was (supposedly) mailed out Monday and the game will ship late this week. So, I figure if I still have neither by the end of next week, I'm going to have to start playing a some hard ball with them. Melissa has been very responsive to my calls, so that has helped to pacify me somewhat to this point.

#22533 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

True, I waited to post about this as I didn't want to seem naive about the folks who lost everything with HW, that is the real travesty of all this and I feel for y'all out there. If this came off in poor taste I'm sorry about that.

I agree 100% and is exactly the same reason why I have not posted anything until I seen your post today. I feel very fortunate that I did not send cash to HW and I still feel that CT will make good, as they have a solid reputation. Still, its easy to get frustrated when you have almost 9k drifting around out there and nothing to show for it. I know this has been one hell of a learning experience for me. My stomach for pre-ordering is completely gone.

1 week later
#22662 5 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Anyone have a good phone number for Heighway? The number on there website doesn't work. I've ignored this thread for months (too depressing), I'm still waiting for my game to ship. I wonder how many people have gotten theirs in the last 3-4 months?

Shit man...if you're serious this is not going to be good news for you, as it looks like you paid in full to HW a while back (according to your past posts here) and unless your one of the fortunate few that can afford to pay for the game twice, you would be better off draining this thread and putting this whole thing back in the rear-view mirror. Life is too short to fret over this fiasco.

1 week later
#22790 5 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

It is beyond frustrating to have delivered something to be proud of and to be torpedoed by things out of our control. Next year I will make sure that it shows up at the NWPAS in the spirit of sharing.

You are a class act, thank you for being part of the community. I'm still hopefull that someday a legitimate manufacturer will pickup the IP and more people will be able enjoy the fine work you and the development team put into this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.