DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9267 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Just a question Dave, if the invoice price includes the UK 20% vat tax do you have to pay both the UK20% AND the NZ tax when it arrives?

Hey Toads. My understanding is that you should only need to pay HP their price excluding the UK 20% VAT given it is being exported or alternatively you need to claim back the VAT as part of the export. Once it lands is Aust, customs will ask you to pay the 10% GST and most likely import duty on top of this.

From Andrew's posts it looks like our local distributor here in Aust will be announced shortly. You should talk to Andrew as to what his approach will be for you guys (in Aust) that have already paid deposits, as to whether you still buy direct or if your orders will be changed to go via the distributor (clearly there'd be benefits of shared shipping costs although it may delay your machine)

Cheers

4 weeks later
#9518 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

This has been sorted now. We will be announcing them shortly

Hi Andrew. Thanks for all the recent updates and like how it's coming along - any indication as to when the Aussie distributor will be announced?

Thanks

#9572 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Alien is really looking promising. I plan to get one NIB game within the next year and thought that was going to be Ghostbusters but after all of the QC issues and lack of code updates I'm holding off on the game. The playfield design on Alien really seems unique and loaded up. I also like that the game has a mission based ruleset that incorporates both films (it's a bummer GB didn't do the same with it's modes).
Few questions
1. I noticed in one gameplay video that the ball hangs up / slows down a bit when the left ramp shot is made. Will this same behavior exist in production games or was it due to a pre-production game?
2. Will there be callouts in the game from Sigourney Weaver's character? Same with animations that feature her in it.
3. Does the standard edition include the backbox LCD?

In answer to your first question, the games shown at Expo from which some/most videos have been made, did have issues with the left ramp. There is an update from Heighway (in this thread) that mentions this issue and that the ramp has now been redesigned to provide more continuous flow.

2 months later
#10941 7 years ago

Congrats Andrew and the whole team - this is a huge milestone. Well done!!

Looking forward to gameplay vids and reports ... bring it on

#11151 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Are you saying the flipper space is less than T2? I love it because it is a strategic element to have it on T2.

Quoted from o-din:

Well, if it was up to me, I'd just include that post in the goody bag or whatever and let those that want to use it drill away. And those that don't won't have an empty hole to look at after removing it.

Actually that's what they did with T2, it was originally supplied with both a post and a white plug, so the operators could then choose how they wanted their machines setup.

Anyway back to Alien

1 month later
#12611 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anyword on the Dave sanders interview?

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I just have to review it and post it Derek. Internet was very bad in Italy so I couldn't deal with it - but I'll take care of it this weekend

Seems like such a long time ago, but did the interview ever get posted?

2 weeks later
#13017 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Back glass looks amazing - thanks for posting.
What will be the version for the LCD screen installed? Most of that fantastic art will be lost.
Is the side art different than the standard?
Will the fiber optics be held on with the zip ties as per the video, or will that be cleaned up to be less obtrusive?

The side art is not that different, it has introduced some of the blue hue and has the Alien's "tongue" coming out; but agree the translite looks amazing

3 years later
#28060 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Another ALIEN inside... I like this open egg.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The open egg with the facehugger looks great - wish they done something like that on the new PB machine but the photo they shared the other day had none open

#28065 3 years ago

Nicely done - I think PB's should hit you up for some

Xeno (resized).jpgXeno (resized).jpg
#28174 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

It would be nice if they acknowledge the first Alien as an existing and active release (not asking for free support or warranty), but keeping code up to date and maybe implementing updates. Many users have already said they would pay for this (including me).

Well given they've offered 50% vouchers for those who didn't receive their Heighway pre-orders and at the end of the PB podcast (2:22) it was mentioned that PB have brought back some of the original developers not for additional content but royalty compensation for the work they done in the past but not been paid for it, they seem to be trying to do their best to appease everyone. So hope that they will look after the original game owners as well

#28207 3 years ago

Yep this is great news, they seem to be doing all the right things. Looking forward to following their progress and hope they can execute their plans

#28220 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/564#post-6025440
It is Very Detailed in this post and Way more info than I could remember off hand!!
Worth checking out to learn if you want to know!!
https://images.pinside.com/c/ab/5c/cab5c32522b34745a9e3370ca6aa0745b9296d62.pdf
[quoted image]

Have you ever gone all the way through and completed All Out War? From what I recall it wasn't a game you'd master easily, then again I'm not the best player and I only got to put a few games on it at Flip Out in Melbourne.

1 week later
#28266 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Don't notice any difference between my mates game which does not have a protector. That game is mothballed until we get a protector on it though now, to prevent any more damage, which has proven to be a certainty without a protector, many places besides the magnet.
Playing (even home use as my mates is) this game, OG Alien, with no protector is madness imho.

Any chance you could point out on a PF where you typically see wear marks? And would mylar work in those areas or do you need the extra protection from a PF protector?

#28306 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched Aliens (watched Alien last week). Had not seen in decades was very good and I liked Aliens better as the action was better and still had moments of horror and the creatures in Aliens were more vicious and didn’t look so much like a man in a suit.
I now get the sentry guns and their prominent position on the game.
I really like the tracking device not sure how badly it’ll be missed from the central PF display.
I think the movie scenes as modes are very unique although to be honest the first movie scenes are more sedate, less action compared to the second movie which is wall to wall action.
PS the two movies are so great directors with Scott and Cameron two of the greatest Sci-fi directors and how I saw connections to Avatar with the mech suit in Aliens.

It's interesting how quick things changed or were perceived from the late 70's to early 80's - in Alien how long it takes them in the landing sequence (comparable to the real moon landings in the late 60's and 70's) and then in Aliens where they swoop in drop the team and dust off. I find this sort of thing interesting, as back when I first saw Alien that landing was edge of the seat stuff, where as now it's not such a big deal. Love both these movies they are so different but great in the own right!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.