IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2681.png
IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 536 of 569.
#26751 5 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

On my LE, the upper level drain hole empties directly into the right outlane without a calculated early nudge. This has been a frustration for any casual players, and sometimes myself.
Is this intended/how most machines are set up, or should I adjust my angle?

See this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331#post-6560130

I also think somebody just stuck a small round rubber sticky on the inner loop guard rail and that kicked the ball out proper

#26752 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look for a build date of Sept 2021 or later. The ones before had playfield issues. There seems to be some Aug 2021 that are ok, but it's safer just to look for Sept 2021 on an NIB. That's the main thing. Play it for a while and you'll get an idea about what you like/dislike and want to change or fix with a mod or mods. You don't need a playfield protector. Get some P21S wax so you can wax the PF occasionally and keep it playing fast.

Most all of the august ones are ok as well, friend got 10-15 in, no problems on any of those. early to late august.

#26753 5 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

On my LE, the upper level drain hole empties directly into the right outlane without a calculated early nudge. This has been a frustration for any casual players, and sometimes myself.
Is this intended/how most machines are set up, or should I adjust my angle?

Mine will sometimes do that, but not often. Maybe increase your pitch so the ball falls faster or check your level side to side.

#26754 5 months ago

Anybody’s upper right flipper ever hang up on metal piece on fat end of flipper?

#26755 5 months ago

Is this game still any good?

I’m being facetious, of course.

All joking aside, it’s soon time for me to go after some high scores again.

#26756 5 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Is this game still any good?
I’m being facetious, of course.
All joking aside, it’s soon time for me to go after some high scores again.

I've been playing it quite a bit since the 2.00 release. Still love the game.

#26757 5 months ago

My NIB LE is being shipped out TOMORROW! This will be my first JJP machine and I’m so stoked! I’ve owned stern, Williams, and data east. I’ve been wanting a JJP title since WOZ. BIG FAN of GnR. I so can’t wait.

#26759 5 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody’s upper left flipper ever rub on and hang up on metal piece on the non business end of flipper?

Mine did this. Had to bend the lane guide towards the left side of the machine.

#26760 5 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

My NIB LE is being shipped out TOMORROW! This will be my first JJP machine and I’m so stoked! I’ve owned stern, Williams, and data east. I’ve been wanting a JJP title since WOZ. BIG FAN of GnR. I so can’t wait.

You’re in for a real treat. Enjoy!

#26761 5 months ago
Quoted from killborn:

Mine did this. Had to bend the lane guide towards the left side of the machine.

Thanks a lot

#26762 5 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Now this is really awesome to hear, and even more so cause I felt the exact same about wanting a JJP since WOZ & GNR was my first concert.

#26763 5 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Now this is really awesome to hear, and even more so cause I felt the exact same about wanting a JJP since WOZ & GNR was my first concert.

Right!! Now the waiting begins. The hardest part!!!

#26764 5 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Right!! Now the waiting begins. The hardest part!!!

I can't remember how long I waited, but it was at least 7 months, may have been longer. And it was so worth it.

#26765 5 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I can't remember how long I waited, but it was at least 7 months, may have been longer. And it was so worth it.

11ish months wait here. Once I was told how long I would have to wait that is how I discovered pinside. First pin, never heard of JJP, and couldn't have even told you who manufacturers were except I did know data East because I played GNR a lot in a bar with a friend, pitchers of beer and rolls of quarters. I was never really a pinball guy It was just an era in the 90s and my friend introduced me to pinball via GNR and Jurassic Park. Never played since then.
So when this news bite on this pin release came across my phone that night in December close to 30 years later and I clicked on the promo video, I was sold... At a different place in life, had the $9500 cash, and immediately went to JJP and put a 1k deposit down. Imagine my shock when I called that following Monday to ask when it would be shipped....

Ordered December 30th 2020
Delivered November 18th 2021

#26766 5 months ago

I’m going to dig into this tonight or this weekend, but would appreciate any early insights.

My left spotlight only moves left/right and always points down. It does this in diags too.

I’m going to check the connectors and maybe swap connectors with other spotlight to see if problem stays or moves.

But is this most likely a “need new servo” situation?

#26767 5 months ago
Quoted from altan:

I’m going to dig into this tonight or this weekend, but would appreciate any early insights.
My left spotlight only moves left/right and always points down. It does this in diags too.
I’m going to check the connectors and maybe swap connectors with other spotlight to see if problem stays or moves.
But is this most likely a “need new servo” situation?

Very likely. The servos die way more than they should. I finally just started leaving mine not working fully instead of replacing them the second one breaks, and now blame it on the tour manager. Adds a bit more realism to the game.

#26768 5 months ago

Same - 1 of mine only moves up and down and the other doesn’t move at all. Still light up and look cool so just leaving it as is for now. No clue how to replace these servos - never tried. Heard it’s a PITA

#26769 5 months ago

It’s weird but I’ve had zero issues with my GNR. The only thing is the Axl magnet is sometimes weak and doesn’t quite catch the ball. But other than that, no pooling or post issues, servos work great, Scorbit still works. I must have got a Wednesday build

#26770 5 months ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

I lost my coin door keys. Any suggestions other than drilling it out? I cannot find keys anywhere

A cheap lock picking set with practice locks should be in everyone's pinball/arcade tool bag. Watch a few YouTube videos and you're good. Your lock is one of the easiest to pick that you'll find.

#26771 5 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Same - 1 of mine only moves up and down and the other doesn’t move at all. Still light up and look cool so just leaving it as is for now. No clue how to replace these servos - never tried. Heard it’s a PITA

It is a PITA. Took me a few tries. I'm still not 100% sure what attributed to the final fix for me. I broke down and bought the more substantial spotlight kit. That and new servos got it working again. I think the new servo gears fit more snuggly into the new linkages than what was happening using the factory parts. I don't know, but I do know that it brings a smile to my face seeing those spotlights work as intended.

#26772 5 months ago

Just installed the 2.00 update. LE crashed at ball 2 on the first game after the update. It rebooted itself, and then crashed at the start of the first game post-reboot. Now it's bricked and won't boot at all, but it's still sending power to the speakers with the rocker switch in the on position. Anyone else experience this? Any fix?

#26773 5 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Just installed the 2.00 update. LE crashed at ball 2 on the first game after the update. It rebooted itself, and then crashed at the start of the first game post-reboot. Now it's bricked and won't boot at all, but it's still sending power to the speakers with the rocker switch in the on position. Anyone else experience this? Any fix?

I can only guess it’s a bad coincidence and your SSD went bad.

You could try a full install of the original. If that doesn’t run correctly I’d guess the SSD is bad.

FWIW — and I know this doesn’t help you — I’ve been running what is 2.0 for months and have no issues. This is why I suspect hardware issue.

#26774 5 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Power supply flaking or SSD going bad are the likely suspects.

#26775 5 months ago

Thanks guys. So interestingly I got it to boot after about 10 tries. It still crashes and reboots soon into a game, but doesn't crash at all during jukebox mode. Also, I caught a glimpse of some lines claiming errors at the end of the update installation, but they went away too quickly for me to get a photo.

So I'm leaning toward either a bad SSD or the update got corrupted during download/installation. Sent a ticket to JJP, we'll see what they say. Any SSD replacement recommendations?

#26776 5 months ago

These are all symptoms of a bad SSD. They're cheap and fairly easy to replace. Just be sure you have a USB stick prepared for a full installation per the instructions on the JJP website.

#26777 5 months ago

This was a first...

IMG_20231110_173540 (resized).jpgIMG_20231110_173540 (resized).jpg
#26778 5 months ago
Quoted from killborn:

This was a first...
[quoted image]

Funny you mentioned that
This just literally happened to me, also a first

IMG_0165 (resized).jpegIMG_0165 (resized).jpeg
#26779 5 months ago

Time for new balls? (Magnetized)

#26780 5 months ago

This week I’m going to try the suggested setting tweaks in here. I’m starting to think we’ll never see a balanced scoring update. It’s too bad the system isn’t somehow open source as there’s tons of programmers in the world and I’d love my crack at it if they aren’t going to support anything. Then again I’m sure it’s super complex vs some of the older 90s games that got user code revisions.

#26781 5 months ago

I'm still enjoying the SKBDR settings (that what I'm calling them anyway). It's a calmer,v more controlled and objective focused game, allowing the game opening up focus on other areas and causes me to be intentional about getting booster Multiballs, although they do happen "on their own" a bit like stock settings ... But not near as much and it's just just later in the progression of the game as you actually accumulate more hits on the targets. It's nice. It's not perfect, as the song is always ready now on first plunge, I don't know if there's any way to delay that but it really hasn't been a problem I just avoid scoop...but I'm liking them and can always go back stock with a easy USB save and load.. 1 USB stick for modified and another for stock. Anyway.. So far I haven't wanted to go back to stock.
All the chaos that I love is in the songs which happen more often and I love that too. Scoring is different, so you have to adjust your expectations and learn the new way... but I did get 15m the other day which is high for me even on stock and high especially for these settings but it was because I was rocking in the song with band frenzy.
Bottom line is the more I play these settings, the more I like it. I get more album modes now, and I used to avoid those all the time out of habit, so I'm having to force myself actually play them and I haven't gotten used to that yet. I still find myself skipping them but when I play them with the new settings they are more fun so it's just habit I'm skipping..
I'd encourage everyone whose had the game a long time to try them if you can unshackle your brain from the fact it's not stock. If you complain about too many Multiballs, try these settings... see what all the fuss is about!

#26782 5 months ago

Been trying to sell this mod for a while. It's half off new but I want it gone by the end of the year preferably this week. DM me I'm motivated to sell it.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “Pretty much new looking except for a very small chip on one of the roses pointed out by the pen. Easy fix with some red nail polish/paint. Will also need new 3M adhesive to affix t...”
2023-11-13
Boston, MA
125 (OBO)
Archived after: 17 days
Viewed: 759 times

#26783 5 months ago

One post to rule them all... all three main posts for alternate game settings in one post.

Eskaybee and diablorush posts with screen shots and Chaka made this wonderful online spreadsheet combining and documenting these in one place.....
If you want to try these out and flip back and forth, just back up your stock settings and scores to a USB drive, and label it GNR stock.
make all the edits which only takes about 15 minutes to make the altered settings. Pro tip..Maybe even reset all your scores with the new settings? Why not.
You can then take a second USB stick and back up and save the altered settings and label it, so you can flip-flop back and forth, with respective scoring, very easily. Just an idea.

Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Ok, the GNR Game Settings sheet is online
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8RVDc6Gwc6aXQHjjXT2V14pwRUKUqg7ZwE_mmcITI4/edit?usp=sharing
Eskaybee DiabloRush your settings are included and if you would like to edit them directly, DM me your email and I can add you as editors. I’ll add the preset settings once I figure them out.
Enjoy
-CHAKA

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s my latest settings. I may increase lights qualification to be more. A spreadsheet would be nice; maybe I’ll develop one if I get some free time and Chaka doesn’t. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from DiabloRush:

Here's an update to the settings I've been tweaking. This version plays very differently from the stock game. It's much more song- and album-mode focussed, and it gives considerably less of the random 2-ball multi balls. I've tweaked my previous version to balance song qualification, including the need to qualify most band member to start your first song. I've adjusted each band member to what I feel were balanced settings for each qualification. My other change was to increase the time needed to qualify various album modes, as well as balancing what it takes to complete album modes.
I'm much happier with this version of the settings after my play testing. Still not perfect, but quite fun as I enjoy playing the various songs and making progress in that manner.
Note: the following screen shots will show parameters changed from default in RED text. FYI.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Added 167 days ago:

Note: to get to the post, click the "quoted from" link in each quote above to go to that referenced post.

#26784 5 months ago

Would be nice if you could modify the presets to save these, but hey it’s better than nothing. I’ve been wanting to spend some time with the settings and maybe tweak some myself, but I’ve been working on 2 machines that need TLC. Maybe over the holiday. Never enough time for pinball

#26785 5 months ago

Would be nice if you could modify the presets to save these, but hey it’s better than nothing.

About a year ago I did a proof of concept and it worked... I didn't post anything about it here because, well, a year ago people were not talking about custom settings very much.

Here's the jist ...

1. All of these settings appear in the backup files
2. We could have backup files with settings reflecting person X's settings or person Y's settings
3. You could simply load the backup and you'd get all the settings.
4. You can actually edit the backup files manually too

So the problem is that you'd lose your high scores -- or you'd load the high scores from the person that created the settings. To solve this, I was thinking of tossing together a simple Python app that would effectively take a backup file you provide and then make the changes per person X or Y's settings. Keeping all of your personal scores, etc.

The above would be pretty straightforward to do, but then ... people would raise the issue that not everyone is comfortable with Python.

So then the next step would be to have a web site that does it for you. You upload your backup, click the named settings you want, and it does the work in the cloud, sending you an edited backup. You then load this...

But this last phase would take a bit more time.

#26786 5 months ago
Quoted from altan:

4. You can actually edit the backup files manually too

I didn’t think about this. What format is the backup file in?

I was able to extract the backup files but not sure what to read/edit them with

IMG_1099 (resized).jpegIMG_1099 (resized).jpegIMG_1100 (resized).jpegIMG_1100 (resized).jpeg
#26787 5 months ago

My new (to me) GNR SE seems to have muffled sound. Any ideas? Already reseated the line out connect from computer to filter and filter to speakers. Just sounds kinda off to me.

#26788 5 months ago

What version of the code are you on?

#26789 5 months ago

2.0. Updated today

What version of the code are you on?

#26790 5 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

One post to rule them all... all three main posts for alternate game settings in one post.

I downloaded the spreadsheet and thanks to Chaka for doing this. It doesn't appear that the spreadsheet has been tweaked anymore since posted. I know some of the Diablo's settings were different from what was posted as screenshots so I changed my copy to what was posted. Anyways, with Google letting one know when a file shared via Google Drive has been edited this idea of one universal spreadsheet could be a great idea!

#26791 5 months ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

My new (to me) GNR SE seems to have muffled sound. Any ideas? Already reseated the line out connect from computer to filter and filter to speakers. Just sounds kinda off to me.

Good reason to get a pinwoofer to me!

#26792 5 months ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

I downloaded the spreadsheet and thanks to Chaka for doing this. It doesn't appear that the spreadsheet has been tweaked anymore since posted. I know some of the Diablo's settings were different from what was posted as screenshots so I changed my copy to what was posted. Anyways, with Google letting one know when a file shared via Google Drive has been edited this idea of one universal spreadsheet could be a great idea!

Which settings were off? I believe I grabbed their latest updates, there were a couple. They have editing rights so they can update it

#26793 5 months ago

Which settings were off? I believe I grabbed their latest updates, there were a couple. They have editing rights so they can update it

My settings are correct in the spreadsheet. They represent the latest version.

The confusion maybe that I've posted 2 sets of screenshots (v1 and v2, so to speak). v2 is the latest, and the spreadsheet contains that version.

#26794 5 months ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

2.0. Updated today

Have you checked the eq settings?

#26795 5 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My settings are correct in the spreadsheet. They represent the latest version.
The confusion maybe that I've posted 2 sets of screenshots (v1 and v2, so to speak). v2 is the latest, and the spreadsheet contains that version.

Please clarify for me if I have v1 or v2; Here's a few settings ... Spreadsheet vs. Screenshots

Pyro Qualification > Pyro Qualifying Difficulty = 4 vs 3
Coma Mode > Jets Hits Difficulty = 1 vs 3
Song > Time Needed to qualify album = 120 vs 30

Hopefully this is enough to tell me which version I have.

P.S. I believe the screenshots were from post #26470

#26796 5 months ago

Pyro Qualification = 4
Coma Mode difficulty = 1
Time to qualify album = 120 (the most important change I made in the current settings)

All of these are the current settings, v2.

#26797 5 months ago

Thanks!

#26798 5 months ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

P.S. I believe the screenshots were from post #26470

That's the first set. My second, revised and most current screenshots are found in post #26522

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/531#post-7815457

#26799 5 months ago

My post earlier was intended to alleviate this kind of confusion. Lol.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/536#post-7865625

It had latest links to the latest post from both eskaybee and diablorush Plus the spreadsheet.

#26800 5 months ago

Just an FYI from a maintenance standpoint for LE and CE owners. Yesterday I was going through my monthly cleanup (upside and underside of playfield and found out that the dual up-post bracket for the guitar was bent out and the brass head bolt also stripped (see pics to see what I mean). I contacted the JJP support team and they are sending the required pieces. Letting everyone know so that you can check for status on it and see if yours is starting to bend.. maybe you can catch it in time and avoid this. The parts are not expensive and it seems to be easily replaceable.

IMG_2409 (resized).jpegIMG_2409 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2412 (resized).jpegIMG_2412 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 536 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/536?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.