20220114_161642 (resized).jpg
20220116_194608 (resized).jpg
gnr (resized).png
62FD48B5-460F-41BC-A717-378F6FAD3392 (resized).jpeg
E1801488-F481-457E-B5F7-CD85A28850CF (resized).jpeg
468E2C54-A387-4525-8308-F9FA1B7DA6E8 (resized).jpeg
54032EBA-D012-49C3-A3E2-A6637D11371C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

62 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (1 year ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (1 year ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (1 year ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (1 year ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (1 year ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (11 months ago)

Post #5335 Raised small circle inserts on the continents on new playfield Posted by tmfeuerh (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Must be Aussie slang?

It is used here in the states, but usually in reference to something that has died.

1 month later
#4649 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anybody want to venture a guess what the hellthe white switch is for.

Looks like an on/off rocker switch. Maybe undercabinet lights??

2 months later
#7266 10 months ago

I placed an order for an LE a couple weeks ago. Distributor estimated an Aug/Sept timeframe. We'll see...

2 months later
#9682 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Seeing this is really making me question my purchase of a LE, especially with the reports that JJP are doing nothing to resolve the issue with Mirco.

Me as well. How pervasive of an issue is this? Is it really not just if but when this will happen?

#9705 8 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Looks like you are right with the clear taking the art with it and ink not grabbing/printing into the wood= here is mine taking the art with it / glad it is small and can not see it from front side

Is yours an earlier run or more recent?

2 weeks later
#10645 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm on 1.22? I believe.
They put lots and lots of washers under almost every post on this game.

Sounds like JJP is adding more washers as time goes by. Are these primarily clear, plastic washers?

#10667 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m sorry, I just couldn’t resist. This issue is making me hysterical, but it’s real. [quoted image]

Umm...I think you're missing carbon fiber washers, mylar rings, and either the silicone and/or fiber washers. At least the washer industry is getting a boost from this latest JJP fiasco.

1 week later
#11291 7 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This is what is did better then nothing,nylon sleeve reduced to a snug fit
[quoted image]

Curious...Do you have the measurements for the outer and inner diameters?

#11559 7 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got this unsolicited invoice from JJP. Barry already gave me a bunch of the good plastic washers last month. I'll post back when I see what's in this kit. I had a support ticket in with my Distro already and JJP know that I fixed all my issues with clear PETG and ironing 1000 plays ago with a now beautiful playfield but still was sent this today.
[quoted image]

fooflighter Any chance you had the time to see what was in those kits JJP sent? I'm just so very curious...

#11592 7 months ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Anyone know where I can find the playfield /vinyl repair irons? I'm in Australia. Looks like it might be a worthwhile piece of kit moving forward.

I believe I saw that someone else had used a heat gun to warm the bottom of small, flat metal measuring cup or something like that. Then applied that to the pf. I think the claim was that there was a little more control of the heat doing it that way and slightly better coverage, too. I don't recall all the details, but it's buried in a post somewhere, maybe in a different thread.

4 weeks later
#12701 6 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I find it amazing that ppl that ordered back in October are just now getting there games. I guess I was lucky, right place at the right time. Called a distributor that had a listing on pinside, asked if it was in-stock, he said no. I said I would wait then, 2 days later he called and said they'd have them the following day. Maybe the one I was able to get was from someone that backed out idk. But like stated in here everything was packed unbelievable and the ge is truly amazing

Sweet! Who was your distro?

#12817 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone with a latest July build decide to remove the posts with black washers and install mylar squares under the washer? Still debating on doing this with < 50 games in on my July build LE but not sure if it's necessary.

I don't have mine yet, but that is my plan, assuming that the mylar isn't already pre-installed, that is.

#12823 5 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Do black washers matter? I'm glad they are doing this at the factory but not sure why they didn't use clear(presumed it's a cost factor)... I've got a stash of clear petg just waiting for my pin to arrive and plan to swap unless there's something I'm missing.

Are the black washers carbon fiber, like the kind Cliffy sells? If so, maybe they are thinner than the clear PETG ones. Not sure, but good question.

#12912 5 months ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Man this absolutely sucks to hear!
I had been optimistic a fix would have been implemented on later builds. This is my first ever JJP pin (dream theme), and all of these quality issues are starting to kill my buzz. I only just ordered through a distributer in April and am expecting an end-of-year delivery.
A decent company that truly cares about customer satisfaction and quality assurance would have investigated, determined root cause, implemented an immediate fix for future production and then gone out of their way to address issues in the field (previously shipped games). That would go a very long way at increasing customer loyalty and retention. No company is perfect, but it would be great if JJP outwardly showed the slightest inclination of adopting a continuous improvement mindset.
If my LE is delivered this December with these same playfield defects, and JJP continues to remain silent without implementing a fix and making their loyal customers whole, this will unfortunately be my last JJP title. I know full well that means nothing to their long-term bottom line, but I just don't think I would fully enjoy owning their (very expensive) product knowing that it arrived damaged and they were doing nothing in-house to fix it. Really a shame because I absolutely love all of the design, integration, and overall effort JJP goes through to deliver some of the best "magic under glass" experiences around. If these guys could just address these quality issues and prove to the community over their next few releases that they also have the best reliability in the industry, they would be unstoppable.
Call me foolish, but I am still holding out hope for now that JJP will choose to do the right thing with customer's receiving damaged/defective games.

I'm right there with you. Not a huge fan of gambling with such high stakes, but here I am and hoping for the best. And I don't mind waiting for this game. I'm sticking with it because it's SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY (and the theme )!

1 month later
#15209 3 months ago
Quoted from xenon_danny:

Not sure if this the right forum for this question but ... I have a chance to pick up a brand-new GNR LE for $9500 plus shipping from a very reputable distributor who I've dealt with before. This would be shipped straight from JJ. I'm sorta on the fence about whether I want a GNR but would it be dumb for me to pass this up? The background is that I got on the distributor's waiting list a LOOONG time ago (no deposit) and then sorta forgot about it. Out of the blue, they contacted me and said my game will be ready to ship in 7 days if I still want it for $9500 plus shipping. I see that "everyone" is now selling it for $10,500 (am I right?).
So I'm debating ... do I give it a try and flip it if I don't like it, with the assumption that I am not going to lose money as long as I keep it minty? Do I try to give away my "place in line"? Or is $9500 not as great a deal as I am thinking it is, so no big deal if I just pass on it?

IMO, that's a deal and I would jump on it without a doubt.

#15261 3 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

And isn’t it ironic? Don’t you think?[quoted image][quoted image]

A little too ironic

2 months later
#18079 50 days ago

Not level enough? Or like other poster said, maybe missing a washer to tighten it up a bit.

1 month later
#19290 5 days ago
Quoted from etr104:

I've got #2000 .. August build. Playfield is 100% perfect after 875 games. Had a number of issues that I've had to make adjustments to fix (left spotlight, centre scoop, left ramp diverter, shooter lane gate)... Seems like a lot of issues but I'm a complete novice (this is my first pin) and I fixed them all without too much trouble. Playfield itself has been 100% perfect for me.

Did you do any other mitigation factors like change out posts or use different washers? Anything like that? Just wondering. I have a NIB LE set to arrive soon and a triage kit ready to go before the first plunge. Of course I'd rather not, but I am a bit gun-shy with all the (prior) pf issues.

#19306 5 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Are you also anxiously waiting on a January drop from JJP for a new LE machine? I'm hoping mine ships any day now...

Yep. I just sent in my final payment. Was told it was on the line and will ship directly from JJP in 1-2 weeks. In anticipation, I've been listening to all the songs from the pin and am super psyched to get this!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside