Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 3 years ago

Deposit on LE. Hopefully modders can recreate the skull face plate on plunger. Sweet looking game and worth the wait.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome!!!! At first I was a little butthurt over my own CE loss, but the LE colors and style is really growing on me now. I especially like the red on the playfield after looking at all three in a side by side. Can’t go wrong with either. Looks great! Enjoy

I originally liked the CE more, but after looking further, the LE is definitely my favorite. I like the purple on the CE, but the art, back glass, and red are all better IMO on the LE. A couple mods like the roses on button, and skull plunger will probably be made by mods and that will really add to it. Can’t wait to get my LE.

#533 3 years ago

So does anybody know, or can a distributor chime in on this? I was told by a distributor that I bought 2 jjp games from before that jjp made distributors sign a new contract not allowing them to offer any type of discount or free shipping. I called around and found a deal elsewhere, so I’m just curious if this guy is just making this up or if it’s true what he’s telling me.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

From what I've been told, they can't discount the game. Shipping is something they can play around with though. Keep in mind, this money then comes out of the distributor's pocket. Those guys have to eat too. I find it best to just pony up and pay. You're already spending close to $10k....

I agree with this. I’m not concerned with paying the shipping, I was just curious as to what the truth is since I found some that will work on shipping with me, while my past distributor wouldn’t do anything better for a returning customer. Not a big deal either way. Was just more curious if he was lying to me. I bought my other jjp games from him, and both times he lied about a couple things with both games. Thanks guys. Happy with my new distributor so far.

#549 3 years ago

How do you advance cities? How does that factor into getting to wizard modes?

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eh....
I was really surprised, after so much hate from some pinsiders, on how good Axl looked in the footage.
We got mean joke, after mean joke, and I was really happy and EXCITED everytime I saw Axl power stance, rock and about, and spin!
Seriously, AMAZING footage in this game, best ever in a rock pin, no question, and Axl, Slash, Duff and the gang look awesome!

I agree. I went to this concert last year and it did not disappoint. I was originally questioning why they did the current gnr vs the 80’s version with the music videos, but I actually really like this idea. On top of that, my wife really likes this concert idea as she can relate to it since we witnessed it first hand. The skeleton theme is awesome too, so well done jjp.

#907 3 years ago

Anybody hear anything about the co-op mode Keith mentioned was coming ? Just curious on basic idea of how he’s planning on doing it.

1 week later
#1272 3 years ago

Curious if the pooling clear coat is a bigger issue or if it’s a one off? I have an LE ordered, but was a little concerned after seeing this issue lately. Thoughts?

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just spoke with a friend who has a LE. He has no playfield issues.

That’s great. It’s got a lot of people nervous and could make guys sit back and wait. Hopefully it’s not a big issue, and I hope the guys with it get made right.

1 week later
#2071 3 years ago

Definitely enjoy seeing machines with different art on each side. Woz and hobbit nailed it. Star Wars and JP did it great too. I passed on the CE because I like the art and back glass better on the LE I ordered. I do like the CE colors though. That purple is beautiful.

#2140 3 years ago

What’s everybody doing for side blades? Curious if mirror blades fit or if it’s too tight

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

With LEs on the line again has anyone heard anything from their distro about receiving one of the next batch of games, specifically Pinball Star?

I’m waiting on that same info

#2231 3 years ago

Is cliffy making anything for the scoop and how soon usually is it available? I assume it would make sense to cover front of scoop.

#2292 3 years ago

These mods all look great, and on the LE art, I really prefer the pimped out LE over the others. Such a gorgeous pin! Looking forward to the topper.

#2306 3 years ago

While the CE art is cool and is based off the album cover, the LE is more fitting for the games theme which is the concert tour. I like both packages a lot, and both will be stunning in person. With the skull and button mod added to the LE, along with the topper coming, the LE is definitely my personal favorite looks wise. Again it’s all subjective taste, but both are gorgeous and nobody should be disappointed with either one.

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Sorry but no.... LOL
Just jealous they couldn't get a CE or afford it.

I don’t understand this comment. He simply voiced a subjective opinion about the mods and how nice they’ll look on the LE. I agree with him that both the roses button cover and the skull look better than the factory CE ones(which are great too), but that doesn’t mean any LE owners are jealous. That’s just a ridiculous statement.

#2337 3 years ago

Ok enough of the my skull is better than your skull talk. What is the overall goal of the game as far as progressing through the map and wizard modes? I guess I’m trying to understand if there’s a story of getting through the whole tour or is there not really a story to the rules?

#2345 3 years ago

Owning both AC/DC and Metallica for several years, I still haven’t tired of the same songs over and over again, or the game play of either. GNR is my favorite band and with twice as many songs as the other games I own, I don’t see getting tired of it. Not to mention it’s much deeper with more variety than the other games. AC/DC and Metallica are my 2nd& 3rd favorite bands btw so yes, being a big fan is definitely helpful when owning a music pin.

#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure why it sits flush but understood.

I ordered one and was wondering if it sits flush all around with the curve of the lockdown bar. Looks really good. Definitely happy it has the guns.

#2618 3 years ago

Where’s all the unboxing pics guys? Wonder how many games have shipped so far.

#2620 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone created a list of the patch sets? I've found 3 so far. Don't plan to take the glass off to find these as I think it is more satisfying to earn them and discover the sets.

What exactly do the patches give you or do?

#2693 3 years ago

Anybody know if cliffy will make a better scoop protector? Seems like the front of scoop has been having issues chipping on some.

#2712 3 years ago

Got this awesome piece from back alley today. Great piece, and looks awesome with the guns. Highly recommended. Can’t wait to see what other mods come out from them.

74E78ABB-43F2-4A0B-B3E6-DBB3FAE5EC63 (resized).jpeg74E78ABB-43F2-4A0B-B3E6-DBB3FAE5EC63 (resized).jpeg
#2916 3 years ago

I don’t hate the new cross but would have preferred the original. The LE does a much better job representing the game with art directly tied to the theme, which is the tour imo. The CE art is based on the old album AFD, but then adds the new members, and the game itself is strictly about the recent tour. The CE looks great too, but the LE art makes more sense based off the actual game theme.

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The game isn’t based on Appetite. It’s based on the not in this life time tour which spanned 2016 to 2019 with the new members and they did use that cross on the tour if I recall correctly.
Don’t get all the hoopla about the art.

I don’t recall that cross ever used before or at the concert itself, but that’s not to say it wasn’t. Either way both games look great and I agree the LE is more cohesive. Jjp did great with both packages.

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Technically that has always been the model strategy for JJP. The CE is typically the last run to ensure all is perfect. Not saying its what is liked just the norm.

Not to mention the CE was the only one that required a non refundable deposit. No reason for jjp to feel pressured to get them out sooner rather than later

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

All games have non refundable deposits

Not my LE, and it’s with a most reputable large distributor. Only CEs were supposed to be non refundable.
If you distributor won’t refund an LE or SE deposit, I’d find a better distributor.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was told no CE’s this year. ZERO!

Hmmm, my distributor was told by jjp CEs getting built in December followed by LEs starting after new year. Was told to expect my LE Jan/Feb and I was a day one order.

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Links to Streams of the Standard Edition?
Flip N Out Pinball streamed the SE back in late October. With all due respect to Mr. Webb and Flip N Out, the stream is of limited usefulness as it's so dark that I can't really see the game. If you know of any other streams or YouTube clips of the Standard, I would love to have a link.
Thanks!

Arcade hunters on YouTube has an le and se side by side comparison and gameplay video

1 week later
#3334 3 years ago

While gnr definitely deserves game of the year, I won’t be surprised if avengers takes it. Simply put, the stern army is so big, and there are flat out way more avengers out for people to play. It’s a tough hurdle to overcome. If by some chance gnr actually wins, imo it is a real testament of just how awesome this game is.

#3393 3 years ago

I want to see the signed poster.

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Listening to all you guys that have your pinball already is making me so excited for mine to show up. The anticipation is killing me!!!

Same here. So anxious for my game.

Love the description of how patches work too. How exactly do you collect patches though?

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was told yesterday that my day one (LE) minutes after release order wouldn't be ready until next year because they are running CE's next. Maybe you CE guys will get lucky. I have a hard time believing all the other people that already have their games from Automated were all pre day 1 orders. I'm not sure who to be mad at, but I think I'll be going elsewhere for my next NIB.

I have bought both my woz rr and hobbit le from automated. He gets large amounts from jjp because he’s one of Jack’s best friends. I went elsewhere this time on day 1 because both times with automated, he wasn’t honest about what I was getting with my two games. Really irritating to find out he lied about the games at the sale. He also doesn’t seem to care that I spent nearly $20k with him before, and wasn’t willing to do much for me this time. I wanted to go elsewhere anyway but figured I’d at least see if there was anything he could do to get my business back. Nope. I won’t be back

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's too bad because the other experiences I've had with Automated have been great. He gave me the whole line about getting the most games because he sells the most as well. He also told me I was one of the first to order. I believe he said I was "Next in line" after he sold his first batch of 7 or 8. All bullshit. Are you telling me the biggest JJP distro only got 7 or 8 games? Possible, but I doubt it.

Who knows. My gripes were he guaranteed me my hobbit was one with all the fixes, and we had a very definite conversation that it was for sure a fresh build with factory fixes. Nope. Woz he guaranteed me the 75th RR was the all updated and they weren’t making anymore after his allotment was gone. Pressured me into making a quick decision on getting one while he had some left, as that was supposed to be it forever. Nope. They kept making RR a couple years after. Based on his inside knowledge being jacks friend, he told me he knew this. Then when I had a problem with my woz, instead of helping, he just emailed the jjp help line. No benefit to being a return buyer either so I was out. I’m over it, but won’t go there again.

#3600 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Many red flags here. First red flag, you aren’t basing your opinions on first hand experiences, but things you’ve heard.
Second red flag, the guy you quoted, talked about being pressured into buying a machine. We are big boys and girls, huge red flag, if you succumb to that kind of pressure this hobby isn’t for you.
Every distributor had horror stories, even some of the boutique ones most guys know and love.

The pressure I talked about was put on myself when mike told me they weren’t making anymore woz, and once they were gone, they were gone. I had pressure to make a decision fast before they were gone, which we all know wasn’t truthful.

Second, I dealt first hand with him twice, and both times were blatant lies. These are the facts from an actual customer.

#3653 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m just frustrated guys. I don’t mean to say anything negative. Just jealous everyone is enjoying their SE’s and LE’s at Christmas time. Once we see pics of the CE’s in the line, I will shut my hole.

Everybody’s enjoying their se and le’s before Christmas? Pretty sure there’s a lot more of us Le and Se guys that have a much longer wait than you CE guys. Yours is getting built within a few weeks now. Who knows when the thousands of le/se owners will get ours.
Only a small portion of le/se owners got a game. We’re ALL patiently waiting equally.

#3719 3 years ago

Reading that flyer made me wonder how the 3 different ball rails off upper play field affect anything as far as scoring/rules, or is it just what bottom outlane it drops in?

#3881 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Got these today and wants to share. liorillusion is an incredible talent. Absolutely beautiful.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We need a zoomed out picture to see how it all looks on that beautiful LE

#3987 3 years ago

So you have to unlock patience? Are there other songs you have to unlock? Once unlocked is it only available for that single game or forever unlocked like end of line on Metallica?

#4112 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m out of patience. I’m going to buy a Wonka LE until it comes in.

I keep thinking about getting a wonka myself. Game looks like fun. Otherwise maybe a tmnt or sw comic. The wait for gnr is brutal.

#4185 3 years ago

Honestly it looks like a small dab of clear would raise it up level and shouldn’t be a big deal. Is it great? No. Is it a natural piece of the wood that doesn’t affect anything gameplay wise? Yes. Should jjp give a new play field for it? Not sure, but I’d lean no. It is cleared for sure, but I understand you not liking it. I think either a new play field or a small bottle of clear to fill it is a fair fix from jjp.

3 weeks later
#4849 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Is the playfield lightshow different on the CE? I was under the impression that the LE and CE had the same lightshow but the CE attract mode seems to have more LEDs. I know the cabinet has more lighting on the CE. I stared at that JJP website screen at release, considering a CE for hours, and didn't pull the trigger mostly because I love the look of the LE art. Now that some unboxing pics are coming along, not sure I made the right choice! The CE is beautiful.

Extra lights are literally just the under and behind cab light strips that you can easily add yourself for $20. The LE art imo is the best as well, but either choice is great. Both are beautiful, but other than a minimal ball lock mech, and glitter, you can add all the other features onto the LE for under $1000 easy.

#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The question is, how do the lights interact with the game and how would an LE owner hook them up?

I’m sure it can be done if somebody really cares, but honestly I don’t think they’re that big of a deal. I wouldn’t personally bother with them. The glory of this game is on the play field.

#4855 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You can improve your LE for sure. But I have seen the CE and LE side by side today. The CE is superior. It’s stunning. The sparkle in the playfield is freaking gorgeous.

It should be superior. It was $3000 more. Like I said, both are amazing. Every mod can be added to the le other than sparkle and the ball lock that doesn’t really change anything . I had my choice of either model day one and I just personally liked the le better. It’s completely subjective, but yeah the CE is gorgeous just like the LE. Hell, I played an SE last week and even that one looks much better in person. Jjp did great on all models.

#4891 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Don't forget the COMA lock

Doesn’t that lock basically just act like a second ball trough, releasing a ball back to the ball trough itself? I’m guessing it was an afterthought mech just to try to add to the CE list. That’s how I understood it works from hearing eric talk about it. It’s something I guess, but didn’t miss it on the other models I’ve played.

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No, it just drops it into the trough.

That’s exactly what I thought. I originally thought it would be way cooler and fire the ball back into the play field. Unfortunately, it definitely isn’t anything that adds to the game imo.

#4901 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Topper?
Signed by the band?
Plus the backbox and undercab are part of the lightshow, they're scripted

I get that this is extra. Topper will be offered from jjp eventually(like wonka) and any sound bar will hook up easily with it. Autographs are cool, but just a cosmetic talking point if you’re into that. Under cab lights aren’t really noticeable to the player while focusing on the game, but still cool, and can easily be simulated but not exactly replicated with light strips. Won’t probably be exactly tied in like factory ones, but essentially give off the same idea. The CE is great, but other than complete subjective opinions on cosmetic looks, it’s really pretty much the same game minus the ball trough lock. Overall, both games are awesome and offered a great Choice either way for people to decide based on their personal preference of looks.

#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Good points! I don't mind old Axl. I would like to see all those retro concerts and videos from when I was a dumb kid. Lol

I can agree that when this was announced being based off of the current tour I was initially disappointed. I wanted the music videos and the band from our youth. The art I was hoping for was similar to the DE game but updated and nicer. After seeing the release, and understanding the theme was the current tour, I can’t say that I was really mad. It was different. It was current. It had ever aspect from the concert I went to the year before. The skeleton art is amazing and timeless. I truly look at it as the not in this lifetime tour game. If I could change anything, I would love to sprinkle in some original music video clips from our youth, but I totally understand why there not in there currently and I’m ok with that.

1 week later
#5368 3 years ago

No word yet on when LEs go back in line? Patiently waiting

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Still waiting on my CE. Haven’t even been invoiced yet. Sorry to say it might be a while...

Seems like a 30 day out invoice would have been sent by now. Wonder how many weeks in to the CE they are. The wait is tough, but what do you do.

1 week later
#5521 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

I really hope JJP honors prices of those who preordered. It’s not fair that I ordered on day 1 and left a $1000 deposit, and ppl that ordered it a couple days later already received their machine and some have even flipped it and sold it already. Here I am waiting and waiting like many others and our reward for waiting is to pay an extra $1000? What happened to the machine in 4 months that makes it worth $1000 extra? For the extra $1000 it better come with the sparkle playfield, otherwise I’m sorry JJP I’m out and will never purchase a JJP again.

It’s only for new orders moving forward. Yours will remain original price.

1 week later
#5958 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

They still working through the CE's? Any word when they'll start LE's again? I haven't heard a peep from JJP since they took my LE deposit back in early Oct so just checking in here.

Was just wondering the same thing. When are LEs back on line?

3 weeks later
#6768 3 years ago

I was searching through posts, but it’s quicker to just ask. What are the best options for replacement pinballs in magnet games currently and where to buy?

#6770 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan pinball standard shiny balls.

Thank you

1 week later
#7201 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

I just got a call requesting final payment for my LE. I was told except delivery early April, for those wanting to know when LE’s are back on the line

March 3rd, I was called to pay in full by March 12th. Distro said hopefully mid April, possibly may. I was a day 1 order 2 hours after launch.

Quoted from JDub03:

Those waiting on LEs, I also got the email today from my disti. Said delivery early April, I ordered opening week of the machine announced.

Curious what distro you used and how you could get it so early compared to day 1 orders still waiting? Good for you guys. I can’t wait for April!

1 week later
#7634 2 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,
finished the topper incl. soundbar yesterday. Now the LE is the better CE because of it's artwork [quoted image]

That looks great! Where did you get the topper?

#7637 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I talked to my distributor last Thursday and he said he had called JJP that day and that JJP told him to expect a shipment of LE's in a "couple weeks". Mine will be in that shipment and I was a week one order. I'm hoping for it to arrive in a "couple weeks"

Great! Was just wondering if the CE run is done or not. Hopefully I get an email soon on my le day one order as well. Was asked for full payment by March 12th.

1 month later
#9899 2 years ago

This whole thing just makes me really question if I should accept my LE next month or if I should ask to hold off until issues are figured out. I wonder how many games are actually bad vs good? My distributor told me he’s had 2 out of 100 have issues, and they were early builds. Also said 1 CE so far that he sold.

#10041 2 years ago

What has everybody with defective play field heard from their distributors?

#10045 2 years ago

Anybody know how many and what size of the clear petg washers we need to cover every post? I see sizes 7/8 and 3/4 but not sure which ones are needed and how many. Game is on the way soon and hoping to have these ready before hand. Thanks

#10047 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

No play field issues yet April 2021 build, but broke a rubber on a bumper already

What washers did your game have on it? Pics of play field?

#10075 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Toy Story is an extremely appealing theme for a pin to me, so I am very interested in it.
But how will we know if the PF issues are "really" fixed before we buy?
Lots of people bought GnR thinking that the JJP PF issues had been resolved.

Same for me. Been waiting years for both these rumored titles, but it’s difficult to buy until they sort it out. Honestly at this point, why would even think they’re trying to fix this? They won’t acknowledge or communicate anything, so why believe anything will change for the 4th straight game?

#10266 2 years ago

Has anybody tried the titan silicone washers instead? Curious if the soft washer would be better to protect around posts better.

#10269 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

They seem to be for star posts and probably would not work well with the smaller posts we need to protect unless you put a 3/4 inch metal washer on top. But now you are lifting the post pretty high even if it will still thread into the t nut. The PETG washers seem like the best approach to me and what I installed. This weekend I will put some Mylar under them too when it arrives.

How many of the petg ones did you need?

#10272 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I would swap at least my lower sling posts for star posts w/rubber washers... those metal posts did a job on my PF.
Honestly I think the star posts actually look better in those spots and have no idea why manufactures went away from that?

Pictures?

#10467 2 years ago

I got the email yesterday that my le is shipping next week. I have until Tuesday to decide if I want to hold off another month or not. Any very recent le owners having any issues still, or what are the most recent le games looking like?

#10469 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It’s funny how everyone assumes issues will get better and not worse.

Can’t really say I assumed anything. I suppose that’s why I asked the question. Was just curious if the recent LEs were having the same issues that the CE has. CE play fields could have been rushed, then issues popped up, and recent LE builds could have had adjustments made as far as torquing the posts differently, or other recent remedies. Per my distributor, he’s only had 2 early build LEs have the problem, and 1 CE. He’s shipped over 100 LEs at this point, so I think it’s a reasonable question.

#10473 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The problem is, it can take weeks and hundreds of plays for issues to develop.
By the time you know one way or the other, that batch is long gone.

That’s what I was thinking so if recently received games with a couple hundred plays aren’t showing issues, I would probably go with it. If all the April games are having issues, I’ll hold off while they work through all the defective play fields and then reassess in a month

#10478 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok #zaphX may be to the far right but your statement is beyond far left. Come on yes there is an issue but "your Going to have a problem" is a bit far fetched. You don't know that and I have yet to see 900 plus games shown with issues and far from "most". Many yes but not all. Mine for the record is also fine so maybe I don't fit in the All category.

Did you do any preventative maintenance before playing yours?

1 week later
#11081 2 years ago

So just got my LE finally today!!! Question. The posts on mine all have washers, and the post goes all the through play field and has a washer and nut on backside. Is this how all of the problematic ones were, or did jjp change it up on recent builds? Debating if I need petg washers on any of these? Thanks

803282F1-C9BB-4DB4-96BA-68A0648917F8 (resized).jpeg803282F1-C9BB-4DB4-96BA-68A0648917F8 (resized).jpegDB43CA3D-EF16-46AB-8098-A4651EEA323A (resized).jpegDB43CA3D-EF16-46AB-8098-A4651EEA323A (resized).jpegF19E23A2-BB1A-4B18-8D56-CB2A5F1B3459 (resized).jpegF19E23A2-BB1A-4B18-8D56-CB2A5F1B3459 (resized).jpeg
#11089 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Any post that takes an impact from the ball should have a PETG washer on it. I had issues with most of the post you took pictures of and mine came with metal washers too.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure since these go through to to bottom. For some reason I was thinking the problem ones only threaded into the wood. Thanks

#11096 2 years ago

Couple questions. What exactly is needed to drop diverted to open upper stage, and also what do we need to do to get to the album wizard modes? Game is amazing, but so much going on I’m not sure what my objectives are at times.

#11108 2 years ago

I have all my leg levelers screwed all the way in per the jjp recommendation. What pitch are you guys all at, or did you stick with factory recommendations of levelers all the way in?

#11265 2 years ago

These are the only 3 posts that I haven’t put a petg washer under yet. Can anybody confirm if any of these 3 are problematic? Posts are under right ramp, upper part of coma outlane, and behind the left most pop bumper.

1A715437-CB17-413F-A1C3-958989CCEFDC (resized).jpeg1A715437-CB17-413F-A1C3-958989CCEFDC (resized).jpegFBBA3140-8484-4D2D-877C-BD3F29227EC2 (resized).jpegFBBA3140-8484-4D2D-877C-BD3F29227EC2 (resized).jpegFECB94BB-5043-4DEB-898F-D4DB2FAC1E70 (resized).jpegFECB94BB-5043-4DEB-898F-D4DB2FAC1E70 (resized).jpeg
#11272 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yes, yes, and yes...
On your 3rd pic I also put a PETG under the rail mount (both rail mounts to make the rail even height) and both posts..
All the pics below I just took.. and these are after a 1000 plays after the fixes ...They all had pooling and they were all ironed out... With no further damage
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like I got more work to do then. Thanks for the info.

#11273 2 years ago

Can the song patience be permanently opened up or does it have to be opened with every new game?

#11315 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Curious to see if JJP are changing/fixing anything on the new machines going out to address the post/PF issues

Mine was built last week, and as far as I can see, every problem post has washers, and a washers and lock nut on bottom too. Play field looks great. Still I added clear petg to them just to be safe

#11390 2 years ago

Question. Does anybody else’s scoop seem to not always locate the ball? Mine usually works, and in test mode it activated properly, but several times now over last several games it loses the ball in the scoop. Does the switch loosen and adjust upwards more, or is this a code issue?

#11431 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Did you happen to install the cliffy there? My cliffy wasn’t flush with the inside of the hole closest to the player and it caused the ball not to settle in the hole consistently. I had to remove it and bend it into shape to sit flush and it’s been perfect since. Maybe mine got bent out of shape in shipping.

I did actually. Good idea to check. It was all working great up until last night so I’ll dig in better and look. Thanks

#11511 2 years ago

So during double talking jive, I had scoop lit for applause finish and as I was trying to hit the scoop, the flippers died and drained me, then started next ball. Is this a known bug or what? It’s never done that on any other song.

#11518 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not a bug. When the song ends the flippers die and you can plunge again. Same ball. You missed the applause jackpot.

Oh man, I had no idea applause had a timer to hit it or you lose it. Thanks for the input. I’m glad it’s not a problem to sort out with my game then.

#11630 2 years ago

You guys just using alligator clips for a sub, or does jjp have an actual rca out jack somewhere in the cab for sub wires?

#11716 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I told JJP about the pooling on my CE and they sent me this.
[quoted image]

So are the posts in the right bag needing washers too? I only did my posts like the ones in the left bag

#11750 2 years ago

Does anybody offer an left ramp airball protector yet?

#11754 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I assume you mean to prevent airballs from going down left outlane. Buy some 1/2” clear plastic corner molding from Home Depot or Lowe’s. Cut to desired length. Drill some holes that align with the screws already there. Piece of cake. Cost is $5

My right ramp has had several balls fly off top of ramp and go every which way. Flippers aren’t turned up high either. Was curious if anybody has had some his problem or if a ramp cover has been designed

#11768 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The ramp or the hop under the ramp and out the outlane? This one?
https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier
The shield should be done this week. I'm having both 3mm and 2mm made initially.

Both are needed

#11850 2 years ago

So I just played my Metallica(previously most played game) for the first time since receiving my gnr a couple weeks ago, and I have to say wow, what a let down. Gnr is on such a whole different level. I seriously just smile as soon as a song starts. Great job jjp team!! Amazing

#12040 2 years ago

I wish the song patience could be permanently unlocked if you beat the song or hit certain objectives. I like that it’s available as a patch at least, but would prefer it be like getting to end of the line on Metallica, and permanently opening it up. Just a thought.

1 week later
#12563 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I did not have any pooling here prior to putting the plastic washer. It stayed perfect for a long time. The other day I saw the pooling.

How tight did you torque that post down? Hard to imagine these petg sinking in unless it was over torqued.

3 weeks later
#13318 2 years ago

So I’m still having issues with the scoop not registering the ball half the time. I think it’s the cliffy causing the issue. Has anybody else dealt with this and can I simply adjust switch up higher, or do something else with the cliffy?

#13320 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't think it's the Cliffy, especially if you removed the metal ring that was in there from the OEM protector.
The scoop detects the ball via a microswitch with an arm and a roller on the end. What I'd suggest:
- Go into switch test
- Press the arm down manually and see if it fires reliably, or is perhaps requiring too much "depth" to trigger (more than a ball would provide.)
The microswitch mounting may have a screw to adjust the angle of the switch body and aim the arm higher up to make it more sensitive.

That’s what I was wondering if the switch arm can adjust higher. I’ve fiddled with it all before and everything worked Greyson test mode with a ball, but now it’s acting up again. One guy mentioned before he thought the cliffy wasn’t letting the ball make perfect contact sometimes. It’s just odd that it’s so unpredictable and works sometimes and not others. I’ll look into the switch again and see if I can adjust it any higher. Thanks

#13325 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The Cliffy is around the rim of the playfield hole though, and the microswitch arm is in the bottom of the saucer. I don't see how they could conflict.

The cliffy wraps down towards the front of the scoop hole. It does look like it could potentially hold the ball up a bit, but I don’t think it’s the cliffy per the other Pinside. I’m thinking the switch needs bent up, or if there is a screw that would adjust it higher for better ball contact. Again, test mode was perfect and I tested it probably 20+ times

#13350 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If it's not the cliffy, try this as I was getting issues out the box.
I fixed my one easily enough:-
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/new-jjp-pin-jjp-gnr-pinball.47434/page-81#post-413096

Perfect. Thank you

#13526 2 years ago

Wow what a game this was! Multiplied my previous best by 3x. Love this game.

0640956C-367D-4916-9AA4-E1EA3CB44790 (resized).jpeg0640956C-367D-4916-9AA4-E1EA3CB44790 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#15176 2 years ago

Got my topper today and installed it. It’s ok, nothing great, but it’s cool. My biggest gripe really is all the light bleed that goes across my ceiling. Any ideas how to fix that? I thought about trimming tape across acrylic or paint on top edge of acrylic

1 week later
#15690 2 years ago

What is the upper play field target used for and when? What’s it’s purpose

1 week later
#16085 2 years ago

The big concert start light show is totally amazing jjp team! What a cool start to our concert. Great job and thanks for continuing to make the game better.

#16249 2 years ago

Anybody start receiving the le art blades yet? Got my topper, but no blades

#16316 2 years ago

I really wish they would add knocking on heaven’s door as a patch or hidden song somehow. Love this game.

4 months later
#20429 2 years ago

I still really wish they would add Knocking on heavens door somehow. Don’t understand how it’s not in this game. Hopefully it’s something they could still consider on a future update.
Hogbog

#20435 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Umm it is in the game.

Lmao sorry guys. I’ve had a few too many already today. I meant knocking on heavens door. Lmao

10 months later
#23864 1 year ago

Has anybody made a dyi chasing lights mod for the topper? If so, which light kit did you use? I know the mod kits are out there, but obviously a lot cheaper to make your own. Thank In advance

#23885 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I thought about it when they were first posted but the purist in me decided to go the factory blade route. I still contemplate trying them out.

Mirror blades look great, but I thought the factory poster art blades were some of the best art blades made for a game. I obviously went with the poster blades

#23886 1 year ago

Anybody buy either the cointaker topper light mod or the playfield roses and what do you think?

1 week later
#23978 1 year ago

LE is the best looking one of all imo. The SE I played just didn’t do it for me. There is a huge difference in models on this title. LE is the best option, but play the SE more to see what you think

#24003 1 year ago

Can somebody explain to me how the whole city tours works and what it does? I still can’t grasp it. Thanks

#24006 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Each of the small dots on the playfield map of the world are cities to visit. Hitting the orbits lights a city. Light them all and you get Tour Multiball. Just concentrate on spamming the orbits and you'll see it pretty quickly.

Ok easy enough. Was thinking they did more than that, but that makes sense now. Thanks

#24009 1 year ago

Thanks for further information on the tour. I’ll have to try progressing it now. This makes more sense, and I never noticed a mini mode during it, so now I’ll look. Thanks

#24030 1 year ago

So after playing a bit to progress to tour multiball last night, I noticed all the little music notes in front of the right ramp glowing differently. What are those about?

#24108 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

It usually activates when the inner orbit is lit during song modes.

What he said. When you have to hit inner orbit with upper flipper, it feeds that flipper during certain songs.

8 months later
#26328 5 months ago

Two questions after updating

1. Sound seems to definitely have more crackle/choppiness to it. Is anybody else experiencing this

2. Camera sounds like it takes a picture, but then photo never displays. I checked settings and it says camera is on. Anything else I should check? No photos are showing in attract mode

#26333 5 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Nope. Sounds amazing.
Do you have audio mods? This release boosts the bass so you mod, if you have one, might be overkill.

I have a powered sub I had to turn down, but it’s more of a crackling and cutting out issue I’m hearing

#26336 5 months ago

Is there a way to test the camera in settings? It’s not showing pics after updating last night, but makes camera sound at end of entering initials

#26342 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Devices.
LTG : )

I never even considered devices for some reason. I searched everywhere else. Thanks Lloyd

#26352 5 months ago

**Update on my update**. Everything is working great now! Last night I did the update and it only took about 15 minutes, and I had no camera, choppy sound, and all pictures were gone, but scores remained. Game today showed update available and after trying it again, took about an hour to do, and everything is back to normal. Don’t know what it did last night, but it obviously messed up the download some how.

#26362 5 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It seems that when I downloaded it tonight there where two separate downloads.

That’s apparently what it is going from 1.25 to 2.0. The second one was much bigger and time consuming. Works great now and my photos are back

#26412 5 months ago

Does the new 2.0 not show photos in attract mode anymore? Mine are all gone for some reason never cycling through

#26414 5 months ago
Quoted from altan:

If you did a full install without a backup / restore, all your high scores and pictures are gone.

All of my high scores are still there. Even current photos don’t show up after the initial picture is shown when taken.

#26418 5 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe that wasn't something that was tested or revealed in the beta and you found a bug that is unique to production.
Assuming you did the Wi-Fi update from 1.25?
And went through both updates? (1.9 to 2.0 I think)

Yeah, did both updates from 1.25. After first small update, it would take pictures but not show them on screen at capture. Then I do 2nd update and it shows at capture point, but then never again

2 weeks later
#26559 4 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Made some nice tweaks to the orbits and gave her a nice cleaning and my game is playing fast and smooth ever since. Once dialed in, this game is a beast and I don’t give a crap what the naysayers say.
Been improving my scoring lately too. My HS is now 115m and I’m staring to get many games in the 40-70m range too which is an improvement for me.
Buddy and I have been playing a lot lately and he stated “This isn’t a game for simpletons!” Loved hearing that and it’s damn true.
Took some time but After really learning the rule set and what the patches (and patch sets) do, this game really comes to life.
Major complaints I hear from many is too many bullshit multiballs…. Never understood that… I Love the mini multiballs and here’s why - They tie directly into the theme and goal. Look at them as a warmup to the gig - get the patch set for unlimited and go balls out! Pounce on all of them as many times as you can before a song. You’ll see huge scoring opportunities going into a song with a level of 145+ and that’s where the fun begins! Then Talk about pressure - do I want the 58 million jackpot I just earned by having a crazy frenzy during my first song, or should I push it and go for more and possibly loose it all!? Then you also have the Encore for huge potential. Love that shit and it creates for under -pressure decision making!
I’m not altering any rules in this game - I think it is great as is and judge my scoring accordingly. If I must, My only gripe is the rather low scoring in the slash solo but I think everything Else is just fine as is. Such an Awesome game.
[quoted image]

This guy^^^^^ yeah he gets it. Awesome game!!

1 week later
#26687 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So I was thinking….
If I was the king of JJP land I would call for an immediate stop on new game progress for all programmers.
I would decree that all games that still need to be finished to be completed before we move on.
And no lunch breaks!

That would be great, but that doesn’t make new money like new, incomplete games do. I feel bad for potc owners. I’m ok with gnr code currently, but am never against a little polish

1 week later
#26760 4 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

My NIB LE is being shipped out TOMORROW! This will be my first JJP machine and I’m so stoked! I’ve owned stern, Williams, and data east. I’ve been wanting a JJP title since WOZ. BIG FAN of GnR. I so can’t wait.

You’re in for a real treat. Enjoy!

3 months later
#27633 30 days ago

Thinking about parting ways with my gnr in case anybody knows somebody looking for one. Located in Lincoln, NE. Huo, very low plays. Plenty more pic’s available on request.

IMG_5503 (resized).jpegIMG_5503 (resized).jpegIMG_5512 (resized).jpegIMG_5512 (resized).jpegIMG_5513 (resized).jpegIMG_5513 (resized).jpegIMG_5514 (resized).jpegIMG_5514 (resized).jpeg
#27635 29 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You're an OG. Ya got to give us more than that... Why?
It's your favorite band.
It's an "awesome game"
At least let us try and talk you out if it!

You know, it’s not a necessary sell by any means. It is my favorite band, I do love the game. I recently sold my Metallica and replaced with a tmnt, and while it was extremely difficult to sell my beloved Metallica, I’m ultimately happy with Tmnt and the much needed change. It helped me realize that don’t need to buy, and bolt to the floor. I can always get it again.

I’m just at this weird place right now where I’m wanting to change things up, and unfortunately I have to part with something if I want something else. Sucks, because I love gnr, and jjp, but I really want to mix things up. If it doesn’t sell, I won’t be mad. Game is great. If it does sell, I will be happy to try something different for awhile. All that said, it’s still difficult to let these go. Weirdly, I get so attached to them.

#27638 29 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a brand new game with the board update fellas!
There’s no shortage of GNR because of what it was initially. JJP sold a ton of GNR.
Now, it’s what it should have been from day one.
Insanely phenomenal rock pin.
Just hooked up 12” Klipsch sub along with pin woofers.
Wow. Just wow. Can’t be any happier. Blowing this thing up now.

Definitely. Just went and played a few games and had one of my better games. Game is great, and beautiful as well. Definitely a top rock pin for sure.

#27649 27 days ago

Been playing my gnr a lot more lately while second guessing myself on possibly selling it. Can somebody explain to me the basis of the city touring and what the objective is there?

#27652 26 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

City touring collects hidden band member items. This increases scoring during songs.
It's hard to see when this happens, but make sure to look up at the screen when touring.
Get far enough in the tour and you can play tour multiball.

And touring shots progress from hitting the orbits correct?

#27654 26 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes that's right, don't forget the inner orbit from the upper right flipper.

Totally forgot about that one actually. Thanks

1 week later
#27749 16 days ago

Question. I was playing the mini wizard mode fighting the robot, and it immediately kicked out about 4-5 balls for the mode. I don’t recall multiball during the wizard modes. Is this normal, or a bug, opto problem or what? If normal, how or what did I do to get multiball in the mode?

#27769 15 days ago

Anybody know the answer to my question on the last page? Is multi ball a thing during the album wizard modes? Wasn’t sure if my optos or code was messed up, or if it’s normal to get 4-5 balls during a mini wizard mode. I can’t recall that being normal.
My Optos had been acting up last week, so I wasn’t sure

#27772 15 days ago
Quoted from Jaywaggs:

I've never had multiball during an album mode.

That’s what I was thinking too. Didn’t know if it was a code bug, or my optos were acting up. Thanks

#27799 14 days ago

Anybody ever try to make an airball protector for the top of the left ramp? I keep getting a ton of air balls there, and I’m not seeing any good ideas to support something there

#27802 14 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm little surprised you're getting air balls. Do you have the flipper power up a few notches or precision flippers or a new io board?

No, factory settings. Actually think I turned them down a notch. The ball seems like it jumps off the diverter hole at top of left ramp quite a bit. Just had it jump over ramp wall and land in guitar neck power chord spot lol.

#27824 12 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have had a crack at an air ball protector. Not really successful yet so I will keep mucking around with it. It has stopped to balls flying onto the guitar lock and smashing into the hat.
Standard game, no capacitor upgrade, Pinmonk cooling fans.
[quoted image]

Mine is factory as well, flippers even down a notch. Something with that gap at top of ramp causing the ball to get airborne. Let me know if you figure out an answer.

#27859 10 days ago

So basically swapping out 2 capacitors on the io board will fix the flipper problem? What capacitors and where to buy if so? Not looking for the expensive kit if all I need is to solder in 2 caps.

#27864 10 days ago

Perfect. Thanks guys. Is there a recommended place to order the caps?

#27866 9 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I got the ones from Ebay and didn't have any problems. Some people recommend getting from Mouser or Digikey to ensure you have legit capacitors.

Thanks for your help

#27904 7 days ago

Finally bought the cointaker roses. Really nice looking pieces.

IMG_5577 (resized).jpegIMG_5577 (resized).jpegIMG_5578 (resized).jpegIMG_5578 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpeg
#27923 5 days ago

Would be cool if companies had a setting in the code that would pop up a 3 year message to swap the battery soon.

#27954 4 days ago

Just installed the new capacitors. Seems like the flippers have less fade than before. Not sure it was a huge difference, but they do feel better later in deep games. I’ll probably invest into a couple fans next to hopefully really improve them.

#27980 12 hours ago

I totally want koht added. I also would like patience to be permanently selectable if you achieve a certain objective with the song/patch. It’s hard to believe slash couldn’t have gotten kohd though

#27987 9 hours ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Knockin on Heavens toes?

Damn tiny smart phone keyboard with oversized fingers

#27988 9 hours ago

So I have an error “stuck open eos left flipper “. I opened it up and I noticed the right flipper has this third wire that looks broken off from the other two lugs possibly. Can anybody confirm if the right flipper has 3 wires to the right flipper switch, and which lug has it? Also, I manually moved the left flipper and it doesn’t fix the eos error. Is the broken wire on other flipper the cause? Both flippers work fine so I was surprised to find this.

IMG_5614 (resized).jpegIMG_5614 (resized).jpegIMG_5615 (resized).jpegIMG_5615 (resized).jpegIMG_5616 (resized).jpegIMG_5616 (resized).jpeg
#27991 8 hours ago
Quoted from LTG:

BINGO
See the label on the wires ? Two end in 1, one ends in 2. Solder the broken 1 back on the other 1.

The game knows the EOS isn't working so it by passes it.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. Just seeing this. Got it fixed. I looked at the upper flipper and it has 3 wires, so I copied that one. Why would only 2/3 have the third wire and not all of them? Just curious

#27994 8 hours ago
Quoted from altan:

Most likely because the power wire is daisy chained to the next device. So all the but the last have 1 wire bringing power in, 1 wire bringing power out and 1 wire to return back to the IO board indicating whether the circuit is open/closed. The last device in power chain wouldn't have the "1 wire bring power out".

Gotcha. I kinda figured that, but wasn’t sure if I was missing a wire. Thanks for the description

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, OH
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.